Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

Lawyers for Some Pro-Trump Protesters Plan to Blame Capitol Siege on, Uh...Misinformation?

The Associated Press reports that at least three defendants charged in connection to the siege, which resulted in five people’s deaths, will argue that they were manipulated by former Pres. Donald Trump and various other right-wing information sources on cable TV and social media into believing that the single-term embarrassment had been the rightful winner of last November’s election and that current Pres. Joe Biden had stolen the Oval Office right out from under him.

“I kind of sound like an idiot now saying it, but my faith was in him,” defendant Anthony Antonio told the AP. “I think they did a great job of convincing people.”

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

The judge was rather eloquent in his denial of bail.   https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/02/22/marion-county-couple-accused-of-plotting-with-oath-keepers-during-capitol-riot-denied-bai

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Lawyers for Some Pro-Trump Protesters Plan to Blame Capitol Siege on, Uh...Misinformation?

The Associated Press reports that at least three defendants charged in connection to the siege, which resulted in five people’s deaths, will argue that they were manipulated by former Pres. Donald Trump and various other right-wing information sources on cable TV and social media into believing that the single-term embarrassment had been the rightful winner of last November’s election and that current Pres. Joe Biden had stolen the Oval Office right out from under him.

“I kind of sound like an idiot now saying it, but my faith was in him,” defendant Anthony Antonio told the AP. “I think they did a great job of convincing people.”

In related news ...

image.png.bebb1cb62ebb8d56c47d0c46cc6b92fe.png

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2016/12/comet-pizzeria-gunman-says-the-intel-on-this-wasnt-100-percent-in-first-interview.html

BTW, that brave 2A Warrior is out of prison now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/02/16/pizzagate-qanon-capitol-attack/

56 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

“I kind of sound like an idiot now saying it, but my faith was in him,”

Ain't no "now" about it.

He is an idiot and always was.

Apparently the wake-up call was only slightly effective.

Poor Don,  On Friday, The House Judiciary Committee will hold a closed transcribed interview with former White House Counsel, Don McGahn.

To add insult to injury, Jeff Bezos just bought the firm that holds the rights to the Apprentice with all its outtakes.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Accepting what bullshitters spew without asking the hard questions has consequences. So much for being justified....

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

To add insult to injury, Jeff Bezos just bought the firm that holds the rights to the Apprentice with all its outtakes.

Damn I hope Bezos does a few "Bloopers" episodes showing the worst of Trump.

They'd be moneymakers.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Damn I hope Bezos does a few "Bloopers" episodes showing the worst of Trump.

They'd be moneymakers.

That's too easy, just refuse to pay him a residual and watch the fat guy have to sue a really rich man who won't pay him anyway.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

Best mug shot ever

Repubs....this is your pal

The assumption of privilege these traitors operate with is amazing.   

46 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

The assumption of privilege these traitors operate with is amazing.   

That the suckers don't want to realize they've been suckered is an under appreciated aspect of the con-man's game.    

• Like 1

I will be REALLY mad if the sentences handed down to 

the insurrectionists of the Reich 

are less than those given to the Plowshares 

(non-violent, non-threatening) protesters 

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

That the suckers don't want to realize they've been suckered is an under appreciated aspect of the con-man's game.    

Yep.

The glory which is built upon a lie soon becomes a most unpleasant incumbrance. …  How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again!

Twain.

You would think that people having been lied to by Fox, W, Shitstain, ... would wise up. Instead they build these complicated defenses where they don't change their beliefs at all. They just choose to not defend what they previously trumpeted. This includes No True Scotsman/Republican/conservative, why can't liberals just move on and of course, cruises.

29 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

Proud boys

This is what they think they are in their fantasy world

2665900.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

And this is the reality

proud-boys-asses-cut-1600x878.jpg?mrf-si

Who was the poor sucker who got the job of lettering those assholes?

Court drawing of his jug head is so appropriate.  Such a mong.

3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Yep.

The glory which is built upon a lie soon becomes a most unpleasant incumbrance. …  How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again!

Twain.

You would think that people having been lied to by Fox, W, Shitstain, ... would wise up. Instead they build these complicated defenses where they don't change their beliefs at all. They just choose to not defend what they previously trumpeted. This includes No True Scotsman/Republican/conservative, why can't liberals just move on and of course, cruises.

A major tenet of The Doggy Style is pretending that positions taken in the past no longer exist and behaving as if everyone has forgotten such stances. That tenet is the lubricant which facilitates malleable principles. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

A major tenet of The Doggy Style is pretending that positions taken in the past no longer exist and behaving as if everyone has forgotten such stances. That tenet is the lubricant which facilitates malleable principles. 

And, because no has been convicted, there's no need for an investigation.

We've never had Americans storming the nation's Capitol to interrupt the electoral process, beat cops, smear shit on the place and look for politicians to kill either.  Lots of firsts here.  

But hey, what about those BLM hooligans, eh Bullshitters? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Just a good ole tourist, right bullshitters?

That's fucking ridiculous

Did he go to the Congress hoping to join in a hockey game? The judge should toss his ass in the clink for a week to think it over, just for saying something so goddam stupid and expecting anything other than hoots of derisive laughter... is "contempt of court" not a thing, any more?

- DSK

They just need to wait until Sydney and the pillow guy release the information that proves the election

was stolen.  Then when trump is reinstated in August he'll toss out all of their charges.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike G said:

They just need to wait until Sydney and the pillow guy release the information that proves the election

was stolen.  Then when trump is reinstated in August he'll toss out all of their charges.

The parallels with the belief in the second coming are incredible.

2 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

The parallels with the belief in the second coming are incredible.

If every patriot just pitched in a few more dollars a month trump will be able to lead our great country again!

5 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Short version...he beat a LOT of women in his lifetime.

WHo paid the travel expenses for these people ?

certainly the  the lavishly funded women for trump Have some questions to answer and  who was financing women for trump?

D

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

certainly the  the lavishly funded women for trump Have some questions to answer and  who was financing women for trump?

D

Depends on how the donations break down between the GOP Shit on the Capitol and Whup Some Cops Festival and the Trump Boo Hoo I Didn't Get a Participation Trophy Rally earlier in the day, and whether funds were co-mingled. An heiress provided a hefty chunk. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/publix-super-market-heiress-julie-jenkins-fancelli-spent-dollar300k-on-jan-6-trump-rally-wsj-reports

1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

D

A Pennsylvania State Senator paid for some busses out of campaign coffers.

Mastriano campaign spent thousands on buses ahead of D.C. insurrection

4 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

But, No Collusion!

Rather coincidental though.

The bit that makes me laugh is TFG didn't spend one cent he had them all paying for everything.

Yeah, but he was "right behind them" on their walk to the capitol.

8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

He's back...

He tried and got 16 tweets out. Someone reported him.

Oh boy, give the monkey a banana, you've found a Trump tweet!  :D

Here is a handy tip for those hoping to overthrow the gummInt...do not get a tattoo on your fat belly and then raise your shirt to wipe your face

Some one paid for these hand picked nutters to be there

D

What a guy...

Capitol riot defendant once brutally attacked pregnant girlfriend: ‘I was afraid he was going to kill me’

When Ryan Samsel allegedly forced his way into the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, giving one officer a concussion, he already had an open warrant on accusations that he broke into a woman’s house to attack her and was on parole for brutally assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.

That lengthy history of violence emerged on Wednesday as prosecutors emphatically objected to his request to be released from custody in D.C., where he says he was severely beaten by two guards earlier this year.

Although Samsel, 38, says the jailhouse attack left him with serious health concerns, including seizures, federal prosecutors said his record of attacking women — and a failure by law enforcement to hold him accountable — were reason enough to keep him in custody.

“The Government does not dispute that Samsel has medical conditions that are alarming,” prosecutors said in a new filing. “But they simply do not outweigh other aspects of Samsel’s history and characteristics, which leave little doubt that Samsel’s release would put the public at-risk.”

According to federal prosecutors, Samsel had a history of violence long before Jan. 6. Samsel has been accused of attacking other people, usually women, at least six times, and he had at least four prior convictions for crimes that sometimes left his victims fearing for their lives.

In 2006, Samsel ran a woman off the road and then punched her windshield and threatened to kill her over a $60 dispute. He was convicted of terroristic threats, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct in that case. The next year, he allegedly knocked a man’s teeth out. And then in 2009, he was convicted of choking a woman to the point of unconsciousness and beating her badly enough to chip a tooth.

Two years later, he got into a heated argument with his pregnant girlfriend, according to a police report cited by prosecutors. As the fight escalated, Samsel shoved a hot pizza into her face. Then, when they walked home, Samsel poured a beer on her, shoved her into a canal, and then repeatedly held her under the water as she told him she loved him and pleaded for him to stop.

“I was afraid he was going to kill me,” the woman later told her sister, according to the police report.

In 2015, he was convicted of choking another woman and hitting her head so hard that she suffered a hematoma. And in 2019, another woman in New Jersey accused Samsel of breaking into her home on multiple occasions to attack her and sexually assault her, prosecutors said in court documents. She said he had choked her until she lost consciousness.

“She described waking up vomiting, with him still in the house,” prosecutors said. “The victim also alleged that Samsel raped her multiple times, and that she had often been scared he would kill her.”

The woman obtained a restraining order against Samsel, prosecutors said, but he violated the order on multiple occasions. There was an active warrant in New Jersey for Samsel’s arrest on charges related to those allegations when he allegedly stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

19 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

What a guy...

Capitol riot defendant once brutally attacked pregnant girlfriend: ‘I was afraid he was going to kill me’

When Ryan Samsel allegedly forced his way into the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, giving one officer a concussion, he already had an open warrant on accusations that he broke into a woman’s house to attack her and was on parole for brutally assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.

That lengthy history of violence emerged on Wednesday as prosecutors emphatically objected to his request to be released from custody in D.C., where he says he was severely beaten by two guards earlier this year.

Although Samsel, 38, says the jailhouse attack left him with serious health concerns, including seizures, federal prosecutors said his record of attacking women — and a failure by law enforcement to hold him accountable — were reason enough to keep him in custody.

“The Government does not dispute that Samsel has medical conditions that are alarming,” prosecutors said in a new filing. “But they simply do not outweigh other aspects of Samsel’s history and characteristics, which leave little doubt that Samsel’s release would put the public at-risk.”

According to federal prosecutors, Samsel had a history of violence long before Jan. 6. Samsel has been accused of attacking other people, usually women, at least six times, and he had at least four prior convictions for crimes that sometimes left his victims fearing for their lives.

In 2006, Samsel ran a woman off the road and then punched her windshield and threatened to kill her over a $60 dispute. He was convicted of terroristic threats, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct in that case. The next year, he allegedly knocked a man’s teeth out. And then in 2009, he was convicted of choking a woman to the point of unconsciousness and beating her badly enough to chip a tooth.

Two years later, he got into a heated argument with his pregnant girlfriend, according to a police report cited by prosecutors. As the fight escalated, Samsel shoved a hot pizza into her face. Then, when they walked home, Samsel poured a beer on her, shoved her into a canal, and then repeatedly held her under the water as she told him she loved him and pleaded for him to stop.

“I was afraid he was going to kill me,” the woman later told her sister, according to the police report.

In 2015, he was convicted of choking another woman and hitting her head so hard that she suffered a hematoma. And in 2019, another woman in New Jersey accused Samsel of breaking into her home on multiple occasions to attack her and sexually assault her, prosecutors said in court documents. She said he had choked her until she lost consciousness.

“She described waking up vomiting, with him still in the house,” prosecutors said. “The victim also alleged that Samsel raped her multiple times, and that she had often been scared he would kill her.”

The woman obtained a restraining order against Samsel, prosecutors said, but he violated the order on multiple occasions. There was an active warrant in New Jersey for Samsel’s arrest on charges related to those allegations when he allegedly stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

What a perfect specimen of the folks who fancy themselves as "tough".

On 5/31/2021 at 8:13 PM, Remodel said:

And, because no has been convicted, there's no need for an investigation crime.

FTFY

1677180817_ScreenShot2021-06-03at1_17_24PM.jpg.ece5d3c3410c91f8fb115d64a3dc8d83.jpg

Jan. 6 riot caused $1.5 million in damage to Capitol — and U.S. prosecutors want defendants to pay

U.S. prosecutors this week put a price tag for the first time on damage to the U.S. Capitol from the Jan. 6 breach — $1.5 million so far — and are asking defendants to cover some of that in plea offers, prosecutors and defense lawyers said.

The U.S. attorney’s office in Washington cited the damage estimate Wednesday in court and in plea papers filed in the case of Paul Hodgkins, 38. The Tampa crane operatorpleaded guilty to one felony count of obstructing an official proceeding of Congress and faces sentencing July 19 in Washington.

“Your client acknowledges that the riot that occurred on January 6, 2021, caused as of May 17, 2021, approximately $1,495,326.55 damage to the United States Capitol,” stated a plea agreement letter sent by Assistant U.S. Attorney Mona Sedky and signed by Hodgkins and his attorney in May.

The document said Hodgkins agreed to pay $2,000 restitution to the Department of Treasury as part of the plea.

Several defense attorneys said prosecutors with the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington are seeking to require restitution of $2,000 in each felony case and $500 in each misdemeanor case.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Grand Jury indicted that US Marine Officer, bullshitters. Talk about oath keepers...I’m pretty sure he violated his. Good luck with that. 

Officer perp is 40. He'll be getting a dishonorable discharge (I believe dismissal is the technical term for officers) and consequently no pension, no voting and no guns on top of his felony prison time and fines. The UCMJ and the Marines may be even tougher on sedition. He'll be lucky to have to get a job job when he gets out. Sucks to be him.

• Like 2

No need to worry, Trump says he will be reinstated soon. Full pardons across the board for the faithful.

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

2k in each felony case and 500 for misdemeanors? 

How about 25k and 10k? 

Hopefully they up those numbers for those that took a shit in the place, they're special.

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

What a perfect specimen of the folks who fancy themselves as "tough".

Oh, TFG would likely fantasize about being that "tough".  

23 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

1677180817_ScreenShot2021-06-03at1_17_24PM.jpg.ece5d3c3410c91f8fb115d64a3dc8d83.jpg

Jan. 6 riot caused $1.5 million in damage to Capitol — and U.S. prosecutors want defendants to pay

U.S. prosecutors this week put a price tag for the first time on damage to the U.S. Capitol from the Jan. 6 breach — $1.5 million so far — and are asking defendants to cover some of that in plea offers, prosecutors and defense lawyers said.

The U.S. attorney’s office in Washington cited the damage estimate Wednesday in court and in plea papers filed in the case of Paul Hodgkins, 38. The Tampa crane operatorpleaded guilty to one felony count of obstructing an official proceeding of Congress and faces sentencing July 19 in Washington.

“Your client acknowledges that the riot that occurred on January 6, 2021, caused as of May 17, 2021, approximately $1,495,326.55 damage to the United States Capitol,” stated a plea agreement letter sent by Assistant U.S. Attorney Mona Sedky and signed by Hodgkins and his attorney in May.

The document said Hodgkins agreed to pay $2,000 restitution to the Department of Treasury as part of the plea.

Several defense attorneys said prosecutors with the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington are seeking to require restitution of $2,000 in each felony case and $500 in each misdemeanor case.

With 450 arrested, the fair share is $3,333 per asshole.  Or, if they doubled the damage you get $6,666.  

Now, there's a number that the Q-babies can understand.

29 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Officer perp is 40. He'll be getting a dishonorable discharge (I believe dismissal is the technical term for officers) and consequently no pension, no voting and no guns on top of his felony prison time and fines. The UCMJ and the Marines may be even tougher on sedition. He'll be lucky to have to get a job job when he gets out. Sucks to be him.

The UCMJ could put him in an uncomfortable position, from a cursory view of the topic.... Any UCMJ experts here wanna chime in?

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/punitive-articles-of-the-ucmj-3356859

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

He can get a job when he gets out-- washing dishes, working fast food or a few other ex-con jobs.  Enjoy the minimum wage job fuck face. 

3 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

He can get a job when he gets out-- washing dishes, working fast food or a few other ex-con jobs.  Enjoy the minimum wage job fuck face. 

RNC. Six figures. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Dang. Insurrecting is hard, isn’t it bullshitters? Participation trophies might be cheaper. 

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/556711-doj-arrest-4-oath-keepers-in-connection-with-jan-6

Gee - I wonder who ratted them out?

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Gee - I wonder who ratted them out?

Think they did that to themselves using encryption developed by the NSA -"Psst lets communicate in secret"-Muppets.

How a Capitol rioter cut his plea deal and what it means for others

When the Justice Department was ready to set the tone for hundreds of its US Capitol riot cases, it looked to a working-class Floridian who had gone into the Senate chamber with the crowd for 15 minutes on January 6.

Tampa-area crane operator Paul Hodgkins on Wednesday admitted to obstructing the Electoral College vote on January 6, becoming the first defendant to plead guilty without substantially helping prosecutors with the larger, sprawling ongoing investigation. He had initially been charged in February.

The plea deal that Hodgkins' attorney made with prosecutors, how it came together and what happens at Hodgkins' sentencing may impact dozens of the more than 450 other Capitol riot defendants.

Patrick Leduc, Hodgkins' defense attorney, told CNN on Wednesday that the Justice Department insisted his client face a felony charge.

The charge Hodgkins has pleaded to carries a maximum 20 years in prison. His suggested sentence of more than a year may become a template for other rioters who have no criminal history and agree to plead guilty without going to trial.

"The cement has hardened," Leduc said to CNN after the plea hearing. "It took [prosecutors] awhile for them to get a full measure of the man. The message is going to get sent to the other 449."

What's offered in other Capitol rioters' plea deals may be determined by how far each person went inside the building and what they did, Leduc said. "There's the black, the white and the gray. I think Paul was the grayest of the gray. He went in and went out, but he went all the way into the floor of the Senate," the defense attorney said.

Some defendants will clearly face tougher negotiations, especially if they fall into the groups of those charged with more serious counts of conspiracy or for carrying weapons, assaulting police or damaging property. 

Others may get more leniency from the Justice Department than Hodgkins, if they didn't enter more sensitive areas of the Capitol, Leduc said. For Hodgkins and his 15 minutes in the Senate chamber, "it's all on CCTV," Leduc said.

Following the riot, Hodgkins started going to a Baptist church regularly, his attorney said. Leduc also says Hodgkins is an Eagle Scout and regularly volunteers with charities.

"January 6 may go down as the greatest thing that ever happened to him. On January 6, he didn't know Jesus. He's getting to know him now," Leduc said.

12 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

"January 6 may go down as the greatest thing that ever happened to him. On January 6, he didn't know Jesus. He's getting to know him now," Leduc said.

Who knew that Jesus could be found in the Senate chambers!?

"January 6 may go down as the greatest thing that ever happened to him. On January 6, he didn't know Jesus. He's getting to know him now," Leduc said"

I don;t think even Jesus can pull this jerk out of jail!!!

38 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:
53 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Who knew that Jesus could be found in the Senate chambers!?

Makes me wonder if the charities he volunteers for are a bunch of thinly-veiled RWNJ groups working to flog unwed mothers and other things they think Jesus would do.

A working guy who has been fed a pack of RWNJ lies for years is still an insurrectionist, and is still an accessory to murder of a cop. He's not a traitor on the same scale as the guy who actually takes a paycheck from Putin to organize this shit, but he's still a traitor.

- DSK

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The guy gets a felony count, a year in prison and a $2000 fine. That sounds about right. No more voting and no more guns.

Florida.  The Gov will have his voting rights restored in a heartbeat, once his sentence is done (all the terms, including monetary terms). Put a couple more zeroes behind that fine, so that the donors who pony up the money have to dig a little deeper. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Who's NOT a good boy???  This guy.  

Well, I guess now we know what really happened to Dog.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The guy gets a felony count, a year in prison and a $2000 fine. That sounds about right. No more voting and no more guns.

Maybe not be able to vote, but he will for sure have guns, illegal or not...

24 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Florida.  The Gov will have his voting rights restored in a heartbeat, once his sentence is done (all the terms, including monetary terms). Put a couple more zeroes behind that fine, so that the donors who pony up the money have to dig a little deeper. 

What? No statues in the parks, on the boulevards?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Curious how they all come to Jesus after they get busted.

The time to kneel is BEFORE you go to prison.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Well, I guess now we know what really happened to Dog.

Either 1/6, COVID, or just getting worn out by having all of his bullshit and/or logical fallacies pointed out in the most ruthless possible fashion...any of the three. I would guess the latter, but none would surprise me. 

This one has 2024 First Lady Candidate written all over her, in the event that the Beacon of GOP Family Values decides to trade another one in for a different model...  

Blue Lives Matter! (well, more than black ones).