Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

26 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I find this funny as hell . . . (WaPo) 

Less than two weeks from a first face-to-face with President Biden in Geneva, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday criticized the U.S. prosecution of rioters who took part in the January attack on the Capitol, calling it an example of American "double standards."
- - - - 
“These are not looters or thieves, these people came with political requests,” Putin said of the pro-Trump mobs that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Listening to advise from Putin resembles sympathizing with ISIS as they cut off heads.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Less than two weeks from a first face-to-face with President Biden in Geneva, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday criticized the U.S. prosecution of rioters who took part in the January attack on the Capitol, calling it an example of American "double standards."
- - - - 
“These are not looters or thieves, these people came with political requests,” Putin said of the pro-Trump mobs that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

People that came with political requests?

Like Navalny?

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Yet another wonkey eyed wife beater recruited for the cause

Fek, fek,fek

This is so bloody weird

The Jaguars must find that embarrassing. 

Oh, wait...nevermind. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, hasher said:
3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

- - - - 

Expand  

Listening to advise from Putin resembles sympathizing with ISIS as they cut off heads.

Vlad wants Trump and his useful idiots back in power - and they are too fucking stupid to wonder why.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Yet another wonkey eyed wife beater recruited for the cause

Fek, fek,fek

This is so bloody weird

Clearly his estranged wife made all of that up, knowing he would, years in the future, be photographed in the Capitol during the Insurrection, as a way of making him look worse.

It's all a plot.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

So much for "All Lives Matter" or even "Blue Lives Matter," eh bullshitters?

You can't blame them, they are just tourists. The real instigators must be BLM in whiteface.

11 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

You can't blame them, they are just tourists. The real instigators must be BLM in whiteface.

.......:D

Dang, Bullshitters.  It just keeps getting better.  Guy gets released from prison because of the Trump virus and what does he do? Heads on down to the nation's Capitol to do his part in the GOP's beat on cops, smear shit on the seat of our democratic experiment, and look for lawmakers to kill. Y'all hang with some good old boys, bless your hearts. 

18 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Dang, Bullshitters.  It just keeps getting better.  Guy gets released from prison because of the Trump virus and what does he do? Heads on down to the nation's Capitol to do his part in the GOP's beat on cops, smear shit on the seat of our democratic experiment, and look for lawmakers to kill. Y'all hang with some good old boys, bless your hearts. 

Released from prison? Wouldn't he be held in jail?

2 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Released from prison? Wouldn't he be held in jail?

A lot of people who were serving time were released from prison because of the Trump virus. Non-violent offenders like Paulie Whoopsies Manafort and Michael Cohen were sent home to do their time there. This guy was so worried about COVID that he went to the Capitol Riot despite recently being sprung. I'm guessing he will be staying in jail this time....

• Like 1

Look what happens to the Q bullshitters, bullshitters. Getting ready to head off to Federal Pound Me in the Ass Prison for a chunk of time. Maybe playing it straight and telling the truth would have worked better, eh bullshitters? 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Look what happens to the Q bullshitters, bullshitters. Getting ready to head off to Federal Pound Me in the Ass Prison for a chunk of time. Maybe playing it straight and telling the truth would have worked better, eh bullshitters? 

It's an awful shame he's the only one in his family that can work. you would think that in a whole household a True Patriotic Americans, they would have inherited some healthy muscles and a desire to not be dependent on that goddam Democrat Charity

- DSK

18 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Job told Jensen to take his Q stick and shove it. He ain't workin' there no more.

https://www.kcci.com/article/des-moines-iowa-man-seen-inside-capitol-during-violence/35153695

He seems a bit Q-uixotic. He used to have such upward mobility, but now he really is stucc-o my goodness that was horrible. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

what a fucking shame

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Job tells Jensen to take his Q stick and shove it. He ain't workin' there no more.

https://www.kcci.com/article/des-moines-iowa-man-seen-inside-capitol-during-violence/35153695

Jensen was a laborer at the masonry company.

He was, literally, a hod carrier. My Dad used to say that to me as a deterrent when I got bad grades... 'Son, do you want to be a hod carrier when you grow up?'

Sheeesh.

• Like 1

Most of the people on this forum will have to look up "Hod carrier"....

I did it for 2 weeks one summer, and had to quit. I wasn't built to carry hods.

21 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

There is no way I am climbing up a ladder with a few stone of wet cement on my shoulder. And I didn't have to look it up.

6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

There is no way I am climbing up a ladder with a few stone of wet cement on my shoulder. And I didn't have to look it up.

After carrying Hod, a few years in the Federal Pen with three squares a day and a sore asshole would almost be luxury.

• Like 1

If you want to know how to drive to Conspiracy, just turn right off insurrection.

Seth Abramson: Team Trump Had a Second Pre-Insurrection War Room

The importance of this breaking news can't be overstated. The discovery, by PROOF, of the first Insurrection Eve war room led to a confession by a US senator that he'd lied to the media; lawsuit threats from Roger Stone and Michael Flynn; and a congressional inquiry in Brazil. 
2/ This second war room is *bigger* news because it was more clandestine, hosted more dubious figures, was apparently the nerve center for all other war room sites—including Trump International and possibly the White House and VP's mansion—and was closest to the insurrectionists. 
3/ The number of questions answered by this revelation is too many to count. Roger Stone disappeared on the evening of January 5 and was invisible on January 6. Where was he? At the Willard. The location of the Jones-Flynn interview on January 5 is now revealed as... the Willard. 
4/ Where were Bannon's lieutenants on January 5 and 6? The Willard. Where did the Oath Keepers congregate? The Willard. Where did Stop the Steal have its HQ? Apparently, the Willard. The list of insurrectionists who seem to have been and out of Trump's war room there is massive. 
5/ The revelation of the Trump International war room led to dozens of follow-up stories at PROOF, and so will this revelation. Every key insurrectionist—Rogan O'Handley, Ali Alexander, Alex Jones, Michael Flynn—now must be cross-indexed with reporting of who was at the Willard. 

MORE The rest is behind a paywall, but this is a linked tweet worth reading: 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1401634531917152263.html

• Like 1

Beginning to understand why the Rs didn't want too much digging going on.

If this revelation does pan out,  my guess is there are more than a few R critters currently holding office that may have to answer some very thought provoking questions.

Time for the Dems to do a little fighting like hell.

You know the Rs will because they won't want to lose a few seats here and now.

7 hours ago, badlatitude said:

The discovery, by PROOF, of the first Insurrection Eve war room led to a confession by a US senator that he'd lied to the media; lawsuit threats from Roger Stone and Michael Flynn; and a congressional inquiry in Brazil. 

By a US senator? What kind of reporting is this? Give us the name or STFU!

5 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

If this revelation does pan out

"MORE The rest is behind a paywall"

Smells like fake news to me.

9 hours ago, Ishmael said:
10 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I didn't have to look it up either.

I was never a hod carrier but I did work as a roofer's assistant for a couple of months when I was young and dumb. It was very tough physically, I think if I had stuck with it, after a few years I would have been able to go 15 rounds with Mike Tyson with a beer in one hand. OTOH the spine and knees would be totally shot by age 35.

Nobody is built to carry hods, but the human body is an incredibly adaptable machine. You'd grow into it, literally... although it wouldn't be good for you, long term.

- DSK

30 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I was never a hod carrier but I did work as a roofer's assistant for a couple of months when I was young and dumb. It was very tough physically, I think if I had stuck with it, after a few years I would have been able to go 15 rounds with Mike Tyson with a beer in one hand. OTOH the spine and knees would be totally shot by age 35.

Nobody is built to carry hods, but the human body is an incredibly adaptable machine. You'd grow into it, literally... although it wouldn't be good for you, long term.

- DSK

The opening of Finnegan's Wake:

Tim Finnegan lived in Walkin Street
A gentle Irishman, mighty odd
He'd a beautiful brogue so rich and sweet
And to rise in the world he carried a hod

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Before I had a chance to look it up, someone shared the meaning.  Though, I had some inkling of what it meant.

No way in hell am I built to do that.  Reminds me of the job I took near our house, when I was all of about 14.  Tobacco farm nearby advertised jobs and the pay sounded great (something like $4.00/hr in 1975, when the minimum was about $2).  I got hired and the guy laughed.  First day in the field, cutting.  Tie the base of the leaves, spear it onto an iron rod and carry with the rod across your shoulders (like a barbell for squats) to the barn to be hung for drying.  Got behind by lunch and the other cutters were grumbling.  They moved me into the barn, where I was to take the bars and climb a ladder to hang them in the rafters.  Got behind within an hour.

At the end of the day, the guy gave me 3 days pay and said "Thanks.  Don't come back."

Back to semi-reality...

I have a theory. And that theory is that if all potential Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Senators, and House members were required to take a psychological test to determine mental competence before running, we’d be in the majority forever. I mean, think about it: I truly believe there are more deranged GOP members than non-deranged ones, and a test like that would be the perfect way to find out. Just take Senator Ron Johnson.

Johnson (deeply and profoundly mad-insurrection party-Wisconsin) does not seem to know what he’s talking about these days. I know, I know. That’s nothing new. But his statements have become so insane that I am wondering if Marco Rubio’s UFO people messed with him.

In a panel sponsored by the Milwaukee Press Club, Johnson took some questions that proved without a doubt the weird Wisconsinite has finally lost his mind.

Johnson first spoke about Presidents Biden and Obama and accused both of them of “dividing the country.” Johnson then went on to wax poetic about the former guy. He described the MAGA crowd as “God-fearing, country-loving, law-enforcement-supporting individuals.”

If these comments sound insane, it is because they are. And they show once again how far away from reality Johnson is. I am sure the officers who were horribly beaten in the terrorist attack would think otherwise about the MAGA crowd.

Johnson also said he was still unsure whether he’d run again. (Don’t do it, Ronny.) The Press reminded him that he’d once said he would not seek another term. Johnson replied with this brilliant and logical response.
“When I made that pledge, I meant that pledge.”

Senator Johnson needs to come back to reality, assuming he was ever in reality, to begin with. But then again, this is the same guy who thought the January sixth terrorist attack was a pleasant walk in the park. Never underestimate GOP stupidity.

https://www.palmerreport.com/community/ron-johnson-goes-completely-off-the-deep-end-2/39412/

Tweet text: 
Greg Sargent 
@ThePlumLineGS 
New reporting: 

The new Senate report on Jan 6 security failures was carefully negotiated to win GOP buy-in, which required minimizing the importance of Trump's lies about the election and the real motive of the rioters, a Dem aide tells me. 

Details here: 

Opinion | A damning Senate report on Jan. 6 shows what Republicans want to keep buried 
Through omission, the report shows how devoted Republicans are to protecting Donald Trump. 
washingtonpost.com 
7:56 AM · Jun 8, 2021 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/08/damning-senate-report-jan-6-shows-what-republicans-want-keep-buried/ 

That’s the takeaway from a major new Senate report on security lapses at the Capitol that was released Tuesday. While the report is well executed on that topic, it’s also notable for what it does not cover: It does not officially describe the attack as an “insurrection,” instead opting for the word “attack,” and it avoids a frank discussion of the role played by one Donald J. Trump. 

In short, the only history of the insurrection that Republicans will acknowledge is one that carefully sanitizes the role in inciting the mob played by the then-president — and by Republicans themselves. 

What’s more, the only permissible history for them is one that buries another profoundly consequential truth: that Trump fully intended to disrupt the election’s conclusion by inciting a mob attack on duly elected lawmakers. Republicans refuse to reckon with this event as an act of mass political violence, one in which they are deeply implicated. 

The scope and descriptions in the report — which bears the names of Republican and Democratic leaders on the Senate Homeland Security and Rules committees — had to undergo extensive discussions to get GOP buy-in, a Democratic aide on one of the committees says. 

2300x0.thumb.jpg.4ec819c0f20fac027f10ffda9402b5d4.jpg

'Find me a Proud Boy': Dating request outed California woman at Capitol riot, FBI says

According to the FBI's criminal complaint, the agency received a tip that someone with the Instagram handle @stephmb293 was posting videos of herself at the insurrection. They also were directed to a Reddit post that showed the same woman being interviewed outside the Capitol that day.

"How do you feel about the Proud Boys?" a man off-camera asks, referring to the Southern Poverty Law Center-designated hate group, of which multiple high-ranking members have been arrested for their involvement in the riot.

"I love the Proud Boys," she replies. "I want to find me a Proud Boy."

The man then asks for her number, and the woman provides her Instagram handle.

When a photo of Baez circulated online in a tweet seeking to identify Capitol rioters, the complaint says she messaged an Instagram friend, "It's my proudest moment. Just sucks they used such a horrible pic, I want to send them the one of me in my USA bikini and be like 'here, please use this at least lol.'"

In an April interview with the FBI, Baez admitted the photos were of her, the complaint says. Baez also allegedly gave a series of reasons for why she was there that day, claiming she was in D.C. to attend a Trump rally and "look at medical schools."

The FBI says Baez told investigators "she had authority to be inside the Capitol because she had looked up the Capitol’s hours ahead of time and confirmed that the Capitol would be open so that she could tour it,” but "later stated that it is possible that she read the website wrong."

The complaint alleges Baez boasted to several friends on social media that she couldn't get into legal trouble for what she did.

"I already checked," the complaint says she wrote. "Since we are legally allowed into the Capitol Building, and I didn't damage anything, I didn't break the law."

• Like 1
7 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

"I already checked," the complaint says she wrote. "Since we are legally allowed into the Capitol Building, and I didn't damage anything, I didn't break the law."

"Dude, trust me"

On 6/7/2021 at 6:57 PM, Navig8tor said:

After carrying Hod, a few years in the Federal Pen with three squares a day and a sore asshole would almost be luxury.

It's having your front teeth knocked out that spoils it.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

It's having your front teeth knocked out that spoils it.

Would have thought having no front teeth was a prerequisite for the job, pardon the pun.

Trump’s election fraud claims propelled them to the Capitol on Jan. 6. His ongoing comments are keeping them in jail.

Many of those charged in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol have blamed former president Donald Trump for their actions, saying he riled them with his claims of election fraud and his promises to join them in fighting it.

Now, Trump’s continued refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election is helping to keep some of those supporters behind bars.

“The steady drumbeat that inspired defendant to take up arms has not faded away; six months later, the canard that the election was stolen is being repeated daily on major news outlets and from the corridors of power in state and federal government, not to mention the near-daily fulminations of the former President,” U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson wrote recently in denying bond to a Colorado man. The man is accused of driving to Washington with two firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition after threatening to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D).

Although Trump has been blocked from major social media platforms and recently shut down his own blog, he is still monitoring and promoting false claims of election fraud. Citing Trump’s ongoing comments, federal judges have shared fears that those defendants accused of the worst violence or threats of violence that day remain a danger to public safety.

“Unfortunately,” said Judge Amit Mehta in detaining a man accused of throwing a hatchet and a desk during the riot, the “political dynamics that gave way to January 6th have not faded.”

In keeping a Trump supporter and felon in jail in Michigan pending trial, Jackson highlighted a message in which the man said he was in D.C. on Jan. 6 because “Trump’s the only big shot I trust right now.”

The man has been charged with obstructing a congressional proceeding and related crimes, and his “promise to take action in the future cannot be dismissed as an unlikely occurrence given that his singular source of information . . . continues to propagate the lie that inspired the attack on a near daily basis,” Jackson wrote.

At least half a dozen defendants detained on riot-related charges have been released in recent weeks in part by arguing that the insurrection was a singular event that could not be re-created. That argument was upheld by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, which found that the dangerousness of any individual defendant had to be considered in light of the fact that “the specific circumstances of January 6” created “a unique opportunity to obstruct democracy.”

Judge John D. Bates on April 12 agreed to release a former State Department employee who joined the mob pushing back against police in a tunnel under the Capitol, saying that “the specific concerns in the wake of the January 6 events over future protests and violent attacks on the government . . . have dissipated to some degree.” He noted that despite concerns, there was no attempt to attack President Biden on his Inauguration Day or to seize the government on March 4, the day some conspiratorial supporters believed Trump would retake office.

“The threat to public safety must be continuing and prospective,” Bates wrote.

Trump said through attorneys in a recent civil court filing that he bears no responsibility for the events of Jan. 6. Letting a lawsuit brought by Democratic members of Congress to go forward, they wrote, “would essentially hold politicians vicariously liable for the actions of their supporters, substantially chilling critically important political speech.”

“The Court is not convinced that dissatisfaction and concern about the legitimacy of the election results has dissipated for all Americans,” Judge Emmet G. Sullivan wrote in an April 20 ruling denying bond for a man accused of beating a police officer with a crutch and dragging him into the crowd. “Former President Donald J. Trump continues to make forceful public comments about the ‘stolen election,’ chastising individuals who did not reject the supposedly illegitimate results that put the current administration in place.”

Sullivan cited a statement Trump released on Easter, wishing a happy holiday to “the Radical Left CRAZIES who rigged our Presidential Election,” along with reporting on a speech the former president gave to donors criticizing other Republicans for not keeping him in power.

The judge raised the same comments in denying bond to physicist Jeffrey Sabol, who, according to court records, dragged an officer down the steps and used a baton to hold him down. In court, Sabol’s attorney argued that his client now realizes that he was “lied to” about the election. But given Trump’s recent comments, “There is ample reason to believe that fight is not finished for Mr. Sabol and others like him, making the threat of further violence present, concrete, and continuing,” the judge wrote.

He is not the only one behind bars despite repudiating Trump.

“I’ve got some of my good friends and myself facing jail time cuz we followed this guy’s lead and never questioned it,” Ethan Nordean wrote on the encrypted messaging service Telegram on Inauguration Day, according to prosecutors. “We are now and always have been on our own.”

Nordean’s attorneys argued that the message is evidence that he is no longer interested in political protest. But prosecutors argued, and a judge agreed, that the message showed that Nordean was a leader in the Capitol attack and could marshal fellow members of the far-right Proud Boys group in the future.

“Even if the election has passed,” Judge Timothy J. Kelly said at a hearing in April, “all of politics has not.”

Joseph Hurley, who represents a Capitol defendant out on bond, said it is fair for judges to weigh Trump’s words in detention decisions — “to the extent that there has not been a complete denial of the lack of reasoning and stupidity that led them to be involved.”

He said Anthony Antonio, his client, was “no longer infected” by belief in the former president. Although at the beginning of the riot Antonio taunted police and proclaimed that it was “1776 all over again,” by the end, Hurley said, he was pleading with others to be peaceful and now considers Trump “a liar.”

But, Hurley said, when “Trump keeps beating that drum, he keeps firing them up . . . the burden is on them to convince the judge” that they aren’t listening.

Richard Wilson, a professor at the University of Connecticut who studies international speech crimes, disagrees. He said the onus is on the courts to carefully consider over time whether the danger has passed.

“If there’s a continued risk that’s a high level of risk, and it’s imminent, and there is continued incitement by leading individuals from in around the Trump administration,” he said, caution makes sense. “But I think the power and influence is waning all the time. . . . Donald Trump might be out there for a very long time, and people can’t be detained indefinitely.”

“When our Justice Department is unwilling to prosecute a lawless President and our Senate is incapable of protecting our Voting Rights, it’s time to kiss 245 years of Democratic Self Rule goodbye.”

Rob Reiner on Twitter

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

“When our Justice Department is unwilling to prosecute a lawless President and our Senate is incapable of protecting our Voting Rights, it’s time to kiss 245 years of Democratic Self Rule goodbye.”

Rob Reiner on Twitter

I just realized something.

Republicans have lost the distinction between democracy and the Democratic Party. They fucking hate-hate-HATE Democrats, and now after years of marinating in spite, stupidity, and the inability to accomplish anything other than give tax breaks to billionaires and block any/everything any Democratic politician tries to do, they are completely on board with kissing democracy goodbye.

Are you kidding? Democracy is just as bad as socialisticalism. Or something.

- DSK

• Like 4

He brought a sawed-off rifle to the Capitol on Jan. 6. Then he plotted to bomb Amazon data centers.

For weeks this spring, 28-year-old Seth Aaron Pendley had plotted an attack on Amazon data centers in Virginia. He’d already taken a sawed-off rifle to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. Now, he hoped to cripple much of the Internet and take down government networks.

Last April, he finally arranged a meeting with a man promising to provide the C4 explosive devices. When they met in Fort Worth, Tex., the man showed Pendley how to arm and detonate the powerful bombs.

But just as Pendley placed the devices into his Pontiac, federal agents swarmed in and arrested him. The bomb seller was actually an FBI plant who had helped unravel a plan Pendley believed could “kill off about 70 percent of the internet.”

On Wednesday, Pendley pleaded guilty to planning to bomb Amazon facilities in an attempt to undermine the U.S. government and to spark a rebellion against the “oligarchy” he believed to be running the country.

3 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

to spark a rebellion against the “oligarchy” he believed to be running the country.

I actually think he got that part right.  Just not in the way he thinks it is........

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Republicans have lost the distinction between democracy and the Democratic Party. They fucking hate-hate-HATE Democrats, and now after years of marinating in spite, stupidity, and the inability to accomplish anything other than give tax breaks to billionaires and block any/everything any Democratic politician tries to do, they are completely on board with kissing democracy goodbye.

- DSK

99.9% of the goobers talking about Communism, the Chinese Communist Party, or Socialism, could not define any of those terms, their distinctions or their significance with any kind of accuracy. They just know that they are bad and (therefore) aligned with democRATS. 

• Like 1

We had a remarkably well spoken goober just the other day calling BLM classical Marxist. It was quite refreshing to hear such a polite sophisticate in these parts but then he didn’t know anything about either BLM or Marxism.

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

99.9% of the goobers talking about Communism, the Chinese Communist Party, or Socialism, could not define any of those terms, their distinctions or their significance with any kind of accuracy. They just know that they are bad and (therefore) aligned with democRATS. 

I wonder how they feel about social security checks, paved roads, US Marines/Army/Navy/Air Force/Coast Guard,FEMA, EMTs and firemen. We know they don't like teachers or policemen (Unless they're killing unarmed black menaces).....

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

We had a remarkably well spoken goober just the other day calling BLM classical Marxist. It was quite refreshing to hear such a polite sophisticate in these parts but then he didn’t know anything about either BLM or Marxism.

Was he referring to the Bureau of Land Management, or Blue Lives Matter?

2 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

He brought a sawed-off rifle to the Capitol on Jan. 6. Then he plotted to bomb Amazon data centers.

For weeks this spring, 28-year-old Seth Aaron Pendley had plotted an attack on Amazon data centers in Virginia. He’d already taken a sawed-off rifle to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. Now, he hoped to cripple much of the Internet and take down government networks.

Last April, he finally arranged a meeting with a man promising to provide the C4 explosive devices. When they met in Fort Worth, Tex., the man showed Pendley how to arm and detonate the powerful bombs.

But just as Pendley placed the devices into his Pontiac, federal agents swarmed in and arrested him. The bomb seller was actually an FBI plant who had helped unravel a plan Pendley believed could “kill off about 70 percent of the internet.”

On Wednesday, Pendley pleaded guilty to planning to bomb Amazon facilities in an attempt to undermine the U.S. government and to spark a rebellion against the “oligarchy” he believed to be running the country.

Goddamn tourist. 

50 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

A fine repub who loves his mum

For the uninitiated, the "Storm" is a violent overthrow of democracy, mass killings of libruls, and the imposition of fascist/racist rule. 

I wonder if his Mum is OK with that. 

I get that almost all Mums love and support their kids no matter what, but ya gotta draw the line somewhere !! 

More on the "Storm" . . . 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/07/world/accelerationism-qanon-day-x.html

5 hours ago, Olsonist said:

lol, I noticed that. a real dandy, that one.

5 hours ago, Olsonist said:

it's easy for the radio bullshitters. they have someone to screen their calls, so they almost never get called on their bullshit. The bullshitters who repeat it verbatim on interweb forums are not so lucky. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Remember, based on some liberal readings of the Constitution, brown , black and vagina-ed people somehow have been given participation rights in our "democracy.  

Now we know that just ain't right.  Who would have ever have thought to give Sally Hemmings the right to vote? 

16 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Remember, based on some liberal readings of the Constitution, brown , black and vagina-ed people somehow have been given participation rights in our "democracy.  

Now we know that just ain't right.  Who would have ever have thought to give Sally Hemmings the right to vote? 

So that's what MAGA means. Back to the good old days....  Is that what the Originalists want? 

I just figured they wanted Puritan social policy mixed with ultra-modern tax policy. By "ultra-modern" I mean "the Best Americans don't pay any." 

27 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

So that's what MAGA means. Back to the good old days....  Is that what the Originalists want? 

I just figured they wanted Puritan social policy mixed with ultra-modern tax policy. By "ultra-modern" I mean "the Best Americans don't pay any." 

The New Originalists probably don't understand that the franchise offered by the original Originalists wouldn't extend to goobers.

• Like 1

FBI Director Chris Wray on Thursday suggested “serious charges” are still coming in the criminal investigation of the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of former President Donald Trump.

"This is a very ongoing investigation and there's a lot more to come," Wray said during an oversight hearing held by the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee. "I would expect to see more charges — some of them maybe more serious charges."

Wray testified that the FBI considered the attack an act of "domestic terrorism." He said he understands why Democratic lawmakers have called the attack an "insurrection," but said it would not be appropriate for him to use that word because of the effect it could have on pending criminal cases.

More at the link: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-lawmakers-grill-fbi-director-over-inaction-ahead-capitol-attack-2021-06-10/?utm_source=reddit.com

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Interesting that we keep hearing about conspiracy charges for three groups. Proud Boys, Oath Keepers and 3%ers. Who hung around with all three?

Roger That. 

Don’t think that pardon Roger got the last time will work this time, it’s so unfair

A California police-chief-turned-yoga-instructor-turned-“Stop the Steal”-organizer has been indicted on conspiracy charges, along with five other alleged Capitol rioters, for their role in the events of Jan. 6.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alan-hostetter-california-stop-the-steal-organizer-indicted-for-conspiracy

That's just awful. Will Hillary stop at nothing?

16 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

A California police-chief-turned-yoga-instructor-turned-“Stop the Steal”-organizer has been indicted on conspiracy charges, along with five other alleged Capitol rioters, for their role in the events of Jan. 6.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alan-hostetter-california-stop-the-steal-organizer-indicted-for-conspiracy

That's just awful. Will Hillary stop at nothing?

Stop the Steal? Interesting. Wasn’t that one of Roger’s projects too? His associates just seem to keep getting indicted for conspiracy. 

“Traitors Need To Be Executed': 'Stop The Steal' Organizer Indicted In Jan. 6 Conspiracy Case”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/alan-hostetter-capitol-attack-arrest-fbi-020214596.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

Works for me although he and I completely disagree as who the traitors are.

If Oregon can do this why can't congress?

SALEM, Ore. — The Oregon House of Representatives voted to expel one of its own members, Republican Rep. Mike Nearman, Thursday night after he let far-right demonstrators into a closed Capitol during a December special session. 

The vote was 59 to 1. The only member voting against House Resolution 3 was Nearman. 

It was the first time in its history that the body voted to expel one of its members. 

A special committee voted unanimously earlier in the day to recommend expelling him.

Read more: https://katu.com/news/politics/oregon-house-expels-rep-nearman-after-december-capitol-breach 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

SALEM, Ore. — The Oregon House of Representatives voted to expel one of its own members, Republican Rep. Mike Nearman, Thursday night after he let far-right demonstrators into a closed Capitol during a December special session. 

The vote was 59 to 1. The only member voting against House Resolution 3 was Nearman. 

It was the first time in its history that the body voted to expel one of its members. 

A special committee voted unanimously earlier in the day to recommend expelling him.

Read more: https://katu.com/news/politics/oregon-house-expels-rep-nearman-after-december-capitol-breach 

They should have expelled him from earth.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Big C sez: Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

O C sez: Either house may punish its members for disorderly behavior, and may with the concurrence of two thirds, expel a member.

So I have to give Oregon Republicans some credit here.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, basketcase said:

What a fucking shame... Bad conditions in prison.....hmmmmm

I suggest they start getting used to those conditions.

• Like 2

How novel....

Accused Capitol Hill Rioter Takes “Full Responsibility” For Actions

Anthony Antonio, a man whose attorney blames “Foxitus” or “Foxmania” for his actions during the Capitol Hill insurrection is talking expressing remorse today. According to The Washington Post, “Antonio, 27, who turned himself in to police on April 20, is charged with unlawful and violent entry of the Capitol, police obstruction and destruction of government property, according to an arrest warrant.” Today Antonio spoke with CNN about how what he has learned since January 6th, saying it’s time to “come together as one and stop disagreeing.”

Antonio says he watched while rioters beat DC police officer Michael Fanone. He apologized to him today, “I wanted to apologize because I just stood there and I didn’t help.”

https://www.newsandguts.com/accused-capitol-hill-rioter-takes-full-responsibility-for-actions/

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

How novel....

Accused Capitol Hill Rioter Takes “Full Responsibility” For Actions

Anthony Antonio, a man whose attorney blames “Foxitus” or “Foxmania” for his actions during the Capitol Hill insurrection is talking expressing remorse today. According to The Washington Post, “Antonio, 27, who turned himself in to police on April 20, is charged with unlawful and violent entry of the Capitol, police obstruction and destruction of government property, according to an arrest warrant.” Today Antonio spoke with CNN about how what he has learned since January 6th, saying it’s time to “come together as one and stop disagreeing.”

Antonio says he watched while rioters beat DC police officer Michael Fanone. He apologized to him today, “I wanted to apologize because I just stood there and I didn’t help.”

https://www.newsandguts.com/accused-capitol-hill-rioter-takes-full-responsibility-for-actions/

Smart Lawyering...  Only works for the first guy..  Fine and jail time, but I bet he gets alittle leniency...  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Smart Lawyering...  Only works for the first guy..  Fine and jail time, but I bet he gets alittle leniency...  

Likely.  Especially if he can share some names.

Chicago police officer charged in connection with US Capitol breach

Source: Chicago Sun-Times 

Federal authorities have arrested a Chicago police officer for his alleged role in the January breach of the U.S. Capitol that interrupted the Electoral College vote count and has led to a sprawling criminal investigation. 

Karol J. Chwiesiuk is charged with five misdemeanor counts and appeared remotely before U.S. Judge Gabriel Fuentes in Chicago Friday, where he was given a $15,000 unsecured bond. 

Fuentes further ordered Chwiesiuk to surrender his FOID card and not possess a weapon or keep weapons in his home while he awaits trial. He also cannot travel to Washington. 

The criminal complaint filed against Chwiesiuk Friday alleges he used a racial slur in a text message and bragged about being inside the Capitol where he was seen wearing a CPD hoodie. 

Three days before the riot, Chwiesiuk texted an associate, saying he was “busy planning how to f—- up commies” during a conversation about unsuccessful lawsuits that had been filed to dispute the results of President Joe Biden’s election, federal prosecutors said. He then allegedly traveled from Chicago to Washington and joined the mob that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Read more: https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/6/11/22529794/chicago-police-officer-charged-connection-with-u-s-capitol-breach