Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

YA Think??

Proud Boys panicked when members started getting arrested after the Capitol riot

Proud Boys members squabbled in private conversations after the Capitol riot, according to newly-released audio transcripts in a group leader's court case. 

Ethan Nordean, a 30-year-old described as the "Sergeant of Arms" of the Proud Boys' Seattle chapter, was arrested in February and charged with obstructing or impeding an official proceeding, aiding and abetting, and knowingly entering a restricted building, according to the Associated Press. 

The most serious charge against Nordean, who also goes by the alias "Rufio Panman," carries a sentence of up to 20 years in prison. 

'We are f---ed' 

Court documents released on Tuesday detailed audio files investigators had recovered from Nordean's cell phone, that were exchanged on Telegram, an encrypted-messaging service that has become popular with far-right groups. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/telegram-audio-transcripts-show-proud-115017782.html 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

We've had some bad experiences with pardoning nazis attempting a coup here in Germany. I'd strongly advice against such measures.

Posted Images

(CNN)As the FBI has continue to make arrests of those who stormed the US Capitol on January 6, amateur internet sleuths who have helped identify the insurrectionists spotted a familiar face in the crowd: former California Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/politics/dana-rohrabacher-capitol-riot-january-6/index.html

Bad idea, Dana, bad idea. 

2 minutes ago, Mark K said:

(CNN)As the FBI has continue to make arrests of those who stormed the US Capitol on January 6, amateur internet sleuths who have helped identify the insurrectionists spotted a familiar face in the crowd: former California Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/politics/dana-rohrabacher-capitol-riot-january-6/index.html

Bad idea, Dana, bad idea. 

The pictures are tremendously bigly. 

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

YA Think??

Proud Boys panicked when members started getting arrested after the Capitol riot

Proud Boys members squabbled in private conversations after the Capitol riot, according to newly-released audio transcripts in a group leader's court case. 

Ethan Nordean, a 30-year-old described as the "Sergeant of Arms" of the Proud Boys' Seattle chapter, was arrested in February and charged with obstructing or impeding an official proceeding, aiding and abetting, and knowingly entering a restricted building, according to the Associated Press. 

The most serious charge against Nordean, who also goes by the alias "Rufio Panman," carries a sentence of up to 20 years in prison. 

'We are f---ed' 

Court documents released on Tuesday detailed audio files investigators had recovered from Nordean's cell phone, that were exchanged on Telegram, an encrypted-messaging service that has become popular with far-right groups. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/telegram-audio-transcripts-show-proud-115017782.html 

Are they going to change their name to Embarrassed Boys?

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Maybe @quod umbra can explain how this isn't what it is.

Indeed, it looks like a war zone. :D  

40 minutes ago, Venom said:

Jesus. It's like another form of life. What pure scum these Trump "people" are.

Officer injured in Capitol riot blasts GOP lawmaker's behavior as 'disgusting' after tense exchange

Michael Fanone, who was stun-gunned several times and beaten with a flagpole during the riot, told CNN's Don Lemon on "Don Lemon Tonight" that he had come across Clyde in the Capitol and had been dismissed by the congressman after approaching him outside an elevator Wednesday afternoon.

"I was very cordial. I extended my hand to shake his hand. He just stared at me. I asked if he was going to shake my hand, and he told me that he didn't who know I was. So I introduced myself. I said that I was Officer Michael Fanone. That I was a DC Metropolitan Police officer who fought on January 6 to defend the Capitol and, as a result, I suffered a traumatic brain injury as well as a heart attack after having been tased numerous times at the base of my skull, as well as being severely beaten," Fanone said. "At that point, the congressman turned away from me."

Once the elevator doors opened, Fanone said, the congressman "ran as quickly as he could, like a coward."

• Like 1
8 hours ago, pusslicker said:

Jesus. It's like another form of life. What pure scum these Trump "people" are.

Nope, just enjoying the clown toss and watching the hypocritical shitlibs wither and melt. :D 

8 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Officer injured in Capitol riot blasts GOP lawmaker's behavior as 'disgusting' after tense exchange

Michael Fanone, who was stun-gunned several times and beaten with a flagpole during the riot, told CNN's Don Lemon on "Don Lemon Tonight" that he had come across Clyde in the Capitol and had been dismissed by the congressman after approaching him outside an elevator Wednesday afternoon.

"I was very cordial. I extended my hand to shake his hand. He just stared at me. I asked if he was going to shake my hand, and he told me that he didn't who know I was. So I introduced myself. I said that I was Officer Michael Fanone. That I was a DC Metropolitan Police officer who fought on January 6 to defend the Capitol and, as a result, I suffered a traumatic brain injury as well as a heart attack after having been tased numerous times at the base of my skull, as well as being severely beaten," Fanone said. "At that point, the congressman turned away from me."

Once the elevator doors opened, Fanone said, the congressman "ran as quickly as he could, like a coward."

Democrats jumped on the opportunity to flip the script with "you can't accuse Democrats of defunding the police when you are dishonoring the police" 

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Democrats jumped on the opportunity to flip the script with "you can't accuse Democrats of defunding the police when you are dishonoring the police" 

Sorry but are you saying the democrats actually demanded defunding the police? :D 

12 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Tells us everything we need to know about him and his elk, WRT "Blue Lives Matter".

Well, it was clear to everyone but @quod umbra how they don't give two shits about the police when we were treated to videos of the "tourists" beating officers with hockey sticks and flag poles.

4 minutes ago, Venom said:

Sorry but are you saying the democrats actually demanded defunding the police? :D 

Are you still going to feign "Blue Lives Matter" while clutching your pearls?
The curious case of the feminist fainting couch | vulgar morality

Whoops.  Sorry about that, for the not-an-armed-insurrection bullshitters. 

One of the comments is priceless: "Worst tourists ever". 

Maybe waiting for the whole story would be a better move than running with whatever the bullshitter media pumps out for your consumption. Establishing and controlling the narrative only works within the bullshiter-sphere, not where there are honest people following the story. 

38 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Try and rob a bank with a gun and then insist they reduce charges because you "never fired a round".

Only after they check the voter registration card to verify that he isn't a democRAT. 

In other news: a witness saw him bring the guns back into the house after the GOP Trump Party at the Capitol....

9 minutes ago, Mike G said:

It doesn't flatter me....

"Your Honor, my client objects to this evidence on the grounds that it characterizes him in an unflattering matter."

Do they really plan to take that argument into a courtroom?

On 6/16/2021 at 4:48 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

The pictures are tremendously bigly. 

And emerging so very slowly. I wonder if the FBI is trying to cover it up. Turker Carly may be on to something there.  They have offices in the same state AOC lives in. Interesting questions abound. 

21 hours ago, Venom said:

What else is a redneck trumpist to do when all the lynchables have run for their lives successfully?

(redneck may be a term of endearment in some places, like bogan is in Aus)

34 minutes ago, Mark K said:

And emerging so very slowly. I wonder if the FBI is trying to cover it up. Turker Carly may be on to something there.  They have offices in the same state AOC lives in. Interesting questions abound. 

Tucker and Rs are starting the campaign to slowly diminish public faith in the F.B.I. so that when the indictments start dropping it will be seen as a deep state coup over the poor, poor trumpets.

They're VICTIMS I tell you!

37 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Let them think they are safe so they can identify the other terrorists they associate with.

When Tuck gets serious death threats, I'm sure he will have great faith in the FBI.... Until then..... Meh....

Most of the people who would like to see Carlson dead would hope he chokes on a kale salad, or has an unfortunate encounter with a lesbian Sasquatch while hiking barefoot in the Sierras.

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Most of the people who would like to see Carlson dead would hope he chokes on a kale salad, or has an unfortunate encounter with a lesbian Sasquatch while hiking barefoot in the Sierras.

On air, I'd like to see his bow tie lose it, untie itself and strangle him like a boa constrictor.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

This ex marine and current proud boy Now says he would like to be let out of jail

Some great costume choices on display here

America is fucked.  Lying is mainstream and accepted normality.

And you don't have to be all that intelligent to be an ex-marine.  So fucking sick of that shit.  They had a job once?  Really? 

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

This ex marine and current proud boy Now says he would like to be let out of jail

Some great costume choices on display here

Yo Dom, we heard your voice, that's why you're in the slam.  Suck it up pussy and act like the Marine you think you are.

Let's catch up with our favorite Dallas real estate agent...

ryan.jpg.6c6a9dfb9c2ba68a704a71ad86a1c37d.jpg

Federal Judge Grants Government More Time in Case of Alleged Capitol Rioter Jenna Ryan

At a status conference this week, a federal judge agreed to give the government 60 more days to bolster its case against alleged U.S. Capitol insurrectionist Jenna Ryan.

A Frisco real estate broker, Ryan made headlines after the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, in part because she'd traveled to Washington in a private plane. She also livestreamed herself entering the Capitol building and posed for a picture in front of a broken window.

On Tuesday, Judge Christopher R. Cooper from the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia agreed to give the government two more months to provide discovery, said Guy L. Womack, Ryan's defense attorney. If the government can't do that, then they will reconvene on July 15.

“The government is having a lot of trouble providing discovery of all the evidence to all the defendants because they charged so many people," Womack said. "They jumped the gun."

The government has charged some 400 people for their alleged participation in the insurrection, Womack said. That's really clogging the court system, and the government isn't up to the task of getting the discovery ready within the guidelines, he added.

A large number of alleged insurrectionists are from the Dallas area. So far, the FBI's Dallas office has arrested 22 people across its division, which covers much of the state's top half, spokeswoman Katherine Chaumont said by email. On April 21, the last two to be arrested were a Cooke County GOP precinct chair and his wife.

Ryan has pleaded not guilty to several federal misdemeanor charges, including violent entry and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building. After Tuesday's status conference, Womack said he and Ryan are feeling "very optimistic."

Normally, when someone charged in federal court is arraigned on their charges, the government has 70 days to begin the trial, Womack said. Otherwise, the case could be dismissed for denial of a speedy trial.

In many of these cases, the government doesn't have much evidence against the defendants, he said. 

Womack, who also represents two others facing similar charges, said he expects there will be numerous pretrial conferences. On Tuesday, prosecutors provided evidence they'd obtained from social media, but that's all.

Bullshitters gotta eat...

Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio Reportedly Selling Black Lives Matter T-Shirts To Get By

Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio is so desperate for cash these days that he’s selling “Black Lives Matter” T-shirts and even “Impeach 45″ garb in a dig at his hero Donald Trump, The Wall Street Journal reports.

Tarrio and other leaders of the extreme right-wing Proud Boys and Oath Keepers have been scrambling financially since being ejected by mainstream social media sites and dumped by credit cards and other internet payment systems for their hate speech and incitement of violence, according to the Journal. Dozens of members of both groups have been arrested for crimes in the Capitol insurrection.

Both the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers have also reportedly turned to conspiracy theorist Alex Jones in a desperate bid to help them fundraise on his Infowars outlet.

“We’re bleeding,” Tarrio said in an interview in April, referring to the Proud Boys internet business. “We’ve been bleeding money since January, like hemorrhaging money.”

Years ago, both uber-right groups were reportedly winning thousands of converts and earning big bucks on the internet.

Trouble for the groups began to erupt in 2017 after the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, where white nationalist James Alex Fields, Jr. killed 32-year-old Heather Heyer when he deliberately rammed his car into a crowd of counterprotesters. Fields is serving life plus 419 years for the murder.

The Capitol siege made it much worse for the extreme-right groups.

Now the Proud Boys are so squeezed that Tarrio has laid off some office workers, and is scrambling to raise office rent and legal fees, he told the Journal. He barely made enough at a gun show last month to cover the cost of his table at the event, he complained.

One former Proud Boys member accused Tarrio and other right-wing leaders of using the organizations’ platforms merely for profit, which Tarrio denied. “They say they are in it for one thing, but it’s actually just to make money,” the former member, who has switched his allegiance to the far-right group Patriot Prayer, told the Journal.

A half-dozen current or former Oath Keepers board directors and members accused their founder, Stewart Rhodes, of misusing dues and donations for thousands of dollars in personal expenses, according to the Journal. “He used that thing as a piggy bank,” Ed Wilson, an Army veteran who managed information technology for the Oath Keepers in 2015, told the newspaper.

Rhodes also denied the accusations but told the newspaper in April that the group’s bank account was down to $10,000. Former Oath Keepers board members said membership had plummeted 80% from its peak to 7,500.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Let's catch up with our favorite Dallas real estate agent...

ryan.jpg.6c6a9dfb9c2ba68a704a71ad86a1c37d.jpg

Federal Judge Grants Government More Time in Case of Alleged Capitol Rioter Jenna Ryan

At a status conference this week, a federal judge agreed to give the government 60 more days to bolster its case against alleged U.S. Capitol insurrectionist Jenna Ryan.

A Frisco real estate broker, Ryan made headlines after the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, in part because she'd traveled to Washington in a private plane. She also livestreamed herself entering the Capitol building and posed for a picture in front of a broken window.

On Tuesday, Judge Christopher R. Cooper from the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia agreed to give the government two more months to provide discovery, said Guy L. Womack, Ryan's defense attorney. If the government can't do that, then they will reconvene on July 15.

“The government is having a lot of trouble providing discovery of all the evidence to all the defendants because they charged so many people," Womack said. "They jumped the gun."

The government has charged some 400 people for their alleged participation in the insurrection, Womack said. That's really clogging the court system, and the government isn't up to the task of getting the discovery ready within the guidelines, he added.

A large number of alleged insurrectionists are from the Dallas area. So far, the FBI's Dallas office has arrested 22 people across its division, which covers much of the state's top half, spokeswoman Katherine Chaumont said by email. On April 21, the last two to be arrested were a Cooke County GOP precinct chair and his wife.

Ryan has pleaded not guilty to several federal misdemeanor charges, including violent entry and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building. After Tuesday's status conference, Womack said he and Ryan are feeling "very optimistic."

Normally, when someone charged in federal court is arraigned on their charges, the government has 70 days to begin the trial, Womack said. Otherwise, the case could be dismissed for denial of a speedy trial.

In many of these cases, the government doesn't have much evidence against the defendants, he said. 

Womack, who also represents two others facing similar charges, said he expects there will be numerous pretrial conferences. On Tuesday, prosecutors provided evidence they'd obtained from social media, but that's all.

That cunt should be a priority, like Chewbaca.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

After running her mouth so much and claiming "White Privilege" it's a pretty sure bet she's got a large target on her back.

5 minutes ago, Mike G said:

The blue lives matter crowd isn't going to like this one bit.

And where are the police unions?

She didn't have his back.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I think he's mad he can't find the gift shop.

#tourist  #touristythings #bluelivesmatter

I bet he's FBI, riling up the crowd. He ain't even in jail.  

(need purple?)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike G said:

I think he's mad he can't find the gift shop.

"No worries, Lamby, Trump will pardon ya when he's reinstalled in August. Just another month or so to go. He simply forgot to do that before he left. Minor oversight. Understandable, considering.  Have you ever seen his golf schedule? Brutal. Amazing he finds the time to do much anything else."   

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Mike G said:

Hmm.  

The POTENTIAL for complicity....

If that bears fruit we are gonna see a bullshitter distraction event of unfathomable proportion. A sharknado of bullshit. 

17 hours ago, Mike G said:

The blue lives matter crowd isn't going to like this one bit.

And where are the police unions?

That also explains why the bullshit squad is now trying to gaslight the FBI into the hotseat by blaming them for the GOP 1/6 Capitol Rendezvous. 

• Like 2
On 6/18/2021 at 6:10 AM, hobie1616 said:

....   ...

So, you request that charges be dismissed because the only evidence is video THAT YOUR CLIENT TOOK OF THEMSELVES COMMITTING THE CRIME, AND POSTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA and that's not sufficient for the government's case?

Seriously, is this the way courts work nowadays? I agree with the 70 days thing, and I can agree with a delay for this kind of special circumstance.

I hope this opinion is not influenced by my personal political leanings, but these people can all rot in jail as far as I'm concerned. Fuck them.

- DSK

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

So, you request that charges be dismissed because the only evidence is video THAT YOUR CLIENT TOOK OF THEMSELVES COMMITTING THE CRIME, AND POSTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA and that's not sufficient for the government's case?

Seriously, is this the way courts work nowadays? I agree with the 70 days thing, and I can agree with a delay for this kind of special circumstance.

I hope this opinion is not influenced by my personal political leanings, but these people can all rot in jail as far as I'm concerned. Fuck them.

- DSK

With all the video fakery they can do these days maybe it isn't enough.

39 minutes ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Yanno.... There's a lot of flat bottomed old wooden oyster barges that could make a fine fish habitat reef.... Let's take those insurgents out for one last boat ride, A la the French Revolution.....

1 hour ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Yes and no.

Consider the source. If -I- provide a video of my neighbor breaking into my house and shitting on my desk, killing my security guard in the process, it would be a very good idea to have strong verification of it as evidence.

If my neighbor films himself doing it, where does the fakery come in?

- DSK

• Like 1
On 6/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, Mike G said:

I think he's mad he can't find the grift shop.

FTFY.

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

FTFY.

Just try not to piss yourself. :D

Shitlibs should not be forced to live in fear. 

This has to stop. :ph34r:

On 6/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, SloopJonB said:

Now Jon, if I may be so bold as to intervene - the problem you have with these people is caused by a condition known as an abundance of intellectual capacity.  People like you, and Sol, and Doug, and so many others here, have a limited capacity to understand extreme ignorance, particularly when it's by choice.

But please don't be offended by this criticism.  I, too, suffer from this condition.  And at times we fall into a Tourette's like outrage, spewing out expletives as if trying to get a longshoreman's job. 

It's okay. 

We're just human.

You were saying?

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Jules said:

Now Jon, if I may be so bold as to intervene - the problem you have with these people is caused by a condition known as an abundance of intellectual capacity.  People like you, and Sol, and Doug, and so many others here, have a limited capacity to understand extreme ignorance, particularly when it's by choice.

But please don't be offended by this criticism.  I, too, suffer from this condition.  And at times we fall into a Tourette's like outrage, spewing out expletives as if trying to get a longshoreman's job. 

It's okay. 

We're just human.

You were saying?

I very rarely spew out expletives as if trying to get a longshoreman's job.....

I used to, back when I was younger, spew them out like I was trying to get a logger's job, but that didn't usually work out so well..... Most loggers being strict Congregationalists, or Presbyterians.....

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I very rarely spew out expletives as if trying to get a longshoreman's job.....

I used to, back when I was younger, spew them out like I was trying to get a logger's job, but that didn't usually work out so well..... Most loggers being strict Congregationalists, or Presbyterians.....

Thast fuckeng funney...........              :)

52 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yes and no.

Consider the source. If -I- provide a video of my neighbor breaking into my house and shitting on my desk, killing my security guard in the process, it would be a very good idea to have strong verification of it as evidence.

If my neighbor films himself doing it, where does the fakery come in?

- DSK

Is something uploaded to facebook considered my possession?  i mean, there are rules to what is evidence.  If they find something in my car vs something that is on facebook.

37 minutes ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Is something uploaded to facebook considered my possession?  i mean, there are rules to what is evidence.  If they find something in my car vs something that is on facebook.

Yes, I know there are rules of evidence, not sure what procedure for video is. I know that with photography, there is a pretty technical qualifying procedure for each side.

The whole thing could be easily covered with deposition. It would also be possible for a tech savvy prosecutor to frame a defendant, but that's already possible anyway. Part of why we have political hedges around our courts, if they get too notoriously unfair we can start chucking out judges and prosecutors.

I would submit that video taken by the defendant, of the defendant committing the crime, and published by the defendant, is equivalent to a full confession.

- DSK

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I would submit that video taken by the defendant, of the defendant committing the crime, and published by the defendant, is equivalent to a full confession.

- DSK

Sure, but if they could get that tossed then he walks, probably their only shot.

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Also, with the increasing ease of faking video/photos, at some point will they even be allowed in court?  Maybe I have the wrong idea about them being undetectable fakes.

8 hours ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Also, with the increasing ease of faking video/photos, at some point will they even be allowed in court?  Maybe I have the wrong idea about them being undetectable fakes.

Yes, definitely a concern, I agree

- DSK

I'd be surprised if tech geeks couldn't tell a fake vid. There have to be be giveaways like the old spliced tape recordings.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the FBI didn't have informants in place having known about these groups for at least 4 years. It seems they were taken by complete surprise. Must be the biggest security breach in USG history. :D 

2 hours ago, Venom said:

I'm surprised the FBI didn't have informants in place having known about these groups for at least 4 years. It seems they were taken by complete surprise. Must be the biggest security breach in USG history. :D 

Anyone with half a brain knew trump would pull something like this like a year before it happened.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'd be surprised if tech geeks couldn't tell a fake vid. There have to be be giveaways like the old spliced tape recordings.

Yes, it is pretty easy to determine if a video was altered post the original recording. I did some work with police forensics teams working with video for court where checking for tampering is a legal requirement.  

They're good at it too, the latest trick is using analytics to detect if a subject has a heart beat. That's using normal video off any camera, not yuppie thermal or IR cameras. Pretty smart if you have to worry about deaths in custody or suchlike.