Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

24 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Alex and Roger aren’t whipping up another coup at the moment, so the defendants should be released until trial, is that about right, bullshitters?

Jesus, the little douchebag armed with a baseball bat must be at least 5'5" and weigh 130 pounds!!! The FBI, SS and capital building security forces were no match for him. Woodland wild dogs? :blink: They should make a scary movie about this loser and call it "shitlibs worst nightmare". :unsure: 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Venom said:

esus, the little douchebag armed with a baseball bat must be at least 5'5" and weigh 130 pounds!!! The FBI, SS and capital building security forces were no match for him.

You seem to not give a rat about the 150 capitol cops who were injured . . 

by those harmless tourists. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You seem to not give a rat about the 150 capitol cops who were injured . . 

by those harmless tourists. 

He's just a shit-stirrer.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Venom said:

Jesus, the little douchebag armed with a baseball bat must be at least 5'5" and weigh 130 pounds!!! 

The bat would be a force multiplier, but you're obviously a tough guy who could take a shot to the head with no problems.  In fact, a number of your posts indicate you've already taken a few shots to the cabeza.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:
50 minutes ago, Venom said:

Jesus, the little douchebag armed with a baseball bat must be at least 5'5" and weigh 130 pounds!!! 

The bat would be a force multiplier, but you're obviously a tough guy who could take a shot to the head with no problems.  In fact, a number of your posts indicate you've already taken a few shots to the cabeza.

And he seems to think that wearing a diaper is normal for adults.

- DSK

15 hours ago, Venom said:

So he's been locked up? I stand corrected. 

as always...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dacapo said:

"Did you knowingly enter the Capitol on January 6, knowing that it was impermissible for you to do so?" Cooper asked the defendant. "Yes, your honor," Ivey replied, in a monotone.

Isn’t that something. After all this bullshit we’ve been hearing, one of the first people to take a plea deal admits what normal people knew and saw. It’s almost as if bullshit doesn’t fly in the room where people have to swear in. 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Isn’t that something. After all this bullshit we’ve been hearing, one of the first people to take a plea deal admits what normal people knew and saw. It’s almost as if bullshit doesn’t fly in the room where people have to swear in. 

"He has agreed to pay $500 to help repair damages to the Capitol, which has become the standard fine for rioters pleading to misdemeanors." 

The capitol damage was estimated at $30million, how does $500 begin to pay for it, and why are taxpayers getting stuck for the bill?

And why are the bulk of these charges for misdemeanors and not felonies? Seems that some legislation is in order.

20 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

"He has agreed to pay $500 to help repair damages to the Capitol, which has become the standard fine for rioters pleading to misdemeanors." 

The capitol damage was estimated at $30million, how does $500 begin to pay for it, and why are taxpayers getting stuck for the bill?

Well..... Theoretically, the insurrectionists were taxpayers, and we all know that just because you didn't pay any taxes last year, that you're still entitled to all the benefits of a US citizen, so.....

Maybe they'll pay taxes next year, after they all get raises from the jobs that they no longer have.... Who knows? I'd imagine that "Go fund me" donations to individuals are taxable......

6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Well..... Theoretically, the insurrectionists were taxpayers, and we all know that just because you didn't pay any taxes last year, that you're still entitled to all the benefits of a US citizen, so.....

Maybe they'll pay taxes next year, after they all get raises from the jobs that they no longer have.... Who knows? I'd imagine that "Go fund me" donations to individuals are taxable......

Hey! don't blame me, I didn't ask for a Trump tax cut.

Here is your famous "Rule of Law" at work folks . . 

note the crimes and sentences of the insurrectionists, 

and compare them to those of the Plowshares Seven. 

(Proud to say that two of the Seven are members of Vets For Peace) 

(Wiki) On April 4, 2018, the group, dressed in black, cut a hole in a security fence and entered the naval base while singing and praying, and recording the action with body cams. They hung a banner that read "The Ultimate Logic of Trident: Omnicide", attached a poster of Martin Luther King Jr. to a model of a Trident II D5 ballistic missile, festooned the area with crime-scene tape, spray-painted "Love One Another" on the pavement, pounded a display of a Tomahawk missile with a hammer, and poured their own blood on an official seal of the base. One of them left an indictment against the United States, another left a copy of Daniel Ellsberg’s 2017 book “The Doomsday Machine", and a third read Pope Francis’s statement denouncing nuclear weapons.[3]

The activists were willingly arrested two hours after entering the base. They were jailed and charged with conspiracy, destruction of government property, depredation of a naval installation, and trespassing. Four of them were released on bail after two months, the other three remained in jail for more than a year.  

And check this out - how about comparing the fines . .  

Fr. Steve Kelly was sentenced in Brunswick on Oct. 15 to 33 months incarceration, three years of supervised release and restitution ($33, 501 shared jointly with other defendants)

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

The bat would be a force multiplier, but you're obviously a tough guy who could take a shot to the head with no problems.  

The problem with the bat is that someone will take it away from the little douchebag and beat the snot out of him in self defense. 

3 hours ago, Venom said:

The problem with the bat is that someone will take it away from the little douchebag and beat the snot out of him in self defense. 

Ummm sure Batty.

53 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He’s a nice and gentle boy. There you have it, bullshitters. 

He says he has told the authorities where the $500 grant came from to cover his expenses

The thing that strikes me is that most of these people are not your normal everyday demographic of customers of the hyatt

These hand picked nutters were being paid to be there

All but Mercenaries

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

These hand picked nutters were being paid to be there

All but Mercenaries

This happened before with the Tea Party. Astroturf. It really doesn't take that much money. But when the Senate asked the IRS to look into the 501c4 activity, follow the money, we got the Lois Lerner nontroversy.

This is all very complicated. Where is Dog when you need someone to explain something complicated? Maybe @Excoded Tom can help out. He was big on the Lois Lerner nonsense.

• Like 1

Jon Schaffer...hmmm. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Schaffer

On January 6, 2021, Schaffer, reportedly affiliated with the far-right Oath Keepers militia,[32] was photographed among those who stormed the U.S. Capitol building.[33][34] After appearing on the Most Wanted section of the FBI's website,[35][36] he turned himself in on January 17 and was held on six felony charges.[37][38] An FBI affidavit quotes him telling the press before the riot:

My name's Jon Schaffer, I'm from Indiana. A group of thugs and criminals hijacked this country a long time ago. And now they're making their big move, and it's not gonna happen...People need to wake up and snap out of the Matrix, because they're going down. They made the move, they're messing with the wrong people here, trust me on that. And we needed it to be open like this. Open fraud. Open theft. Because now we see you, and you're going down, mark my words.[39]

On April 16, 2021, Schaffer agreed to plead guilty to two charges: obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress and trespassing on restricted grounds of the Capitol while armed with a dangerous weapon. He is the first participant in the storming to plead guilty.[32] Prosecutors agreed to a recommendation of between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, depending on his cooperation in prosecuting other rioters.[40] He would also be granted sponsorship for the United States Federal Witness Protection Program.[2][41]

That's some heavy metal, ain't it, bullshitters? 

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He’s a nice and gentle boy. There you have it, bullshitters. 

His mother loves him.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

His mother loves him.

There was a great line in one of the Zappa "Joe's Garage" songs. A neighbor was talking to the cops after Joe took his downward spiral into music....  "He used to cut my grass, he was a very nice boy." 

Not sure that will get him pretrial release. 

10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I wonder who that is with the suspenders....

E4kjWM6WQAUMtzq?format=jpg&name=4096x409

In the red circle, Ms. Meggs, and in the green circle, today's plea bargainer....

You're not telling me that the insurrecters used the word insurrection? Now I thought they might use a more learned word  like nincomcoup. But insurrection. Say it isn't so.

Hi Tom!

9 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

One way ticket? Yeah.

It took them so long to get found out,

but they got found out...

Day trippers, yeah.

• Like 2

There was a great line in one of the Zappa "Joe's Garage" songs. A neighbor was talking to the cops after Joe took his downward spiral into music....  "He used to cut my grass, he was a very nice boy." 

Sentence could be forced labor on the assembly line at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen.

But that's too good for these folks. 

That brought back a memory of my teaching days.  I had an over-the-top brilliant student who was also scary evil, but smart enough to fly under the radar.  I called home and spoke to mom when I realized what I was dealing with, who told me what a nice boy he was because he did the vacuuming for her whenever she wanted. 

He came to a sad end not long after graduating, he needed help he never got, though it is doubtful he would have accepted help.  Very sad.

49 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

You're not telling me that the insurrecters used the word insurrection? Now I thought they might use a more learned word  like nincomcoup. But insurrection. Say it isn't so.

Hi Tom!

It was a typo, she meant "tour"

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The judge was rather eloquent in his denial of bail. 

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/02/22/marion-county-couple-accused-of-plotting-with-oath-keepers-during-capitol-riot-denied-bail/#//

Connie and Kelly Meggs asked the court to be released from jail until their trial but on Monday, a judge ruled that they needed to stay behind bars.

“This case isn’t just about breaking the law. We see those cases everyday. This case is different. It is more. It is about challenging the very existence of the law. It is about a challenge to the very institution responsible for making the law, while it was in the process of carrying out its lawful duty. They were carrying out a duty that their oath required them to fulfill. That very Congress has established that one of the violations of law that you are charged with is so serious that the Court must presume you are a danger to the community when you are charged with violating it. When the Court considers then the seriousness of the charges against you and the weight of the evidence, there is only one conclusion. You are a danger to the community and must be detained,” a federal judge wrote in the motion.

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, Mark K said:

The judge was rather eloquent in his denial of bail. 

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/02/22/marion-county-couple-accused-of-plotting-with-oath-keepers-during-capitol-riot-denied-bail/#//

Connie and Kelly Meggs asked the court to be released from jail until their trial but on Monday, a judge ruled that they needed to stay behind bars.

“This case isn’t just about breaking the law. We see those cases everyday. This case is different. It is more. It is about challenging the very existence of the law. It is about a challenge to the very institution responsible for making the law, while it was in the process of carrying out its lawful duty. They were carrying out a duty that their oath required them to fulfill. That very Congress has established that one of the violations of law that you are charged with is so serious that the Court must presume you are a danger to the community when you are charged with violating it. When the Court considers then the seriousness of the charges against you and the weight of the evidence, there is only one conclusion. You are a danger to the community and must be detained,” a federal judge wrote in the motion.

do not pass go...do not collect $200

26 minutes ago, Mark K said:

It is about a challenge to the very institution responsible for making the law, while it was in the process of carrying out its lawful duty.

Boy that judge really has it in for tourism !! 

In sentencing regretful Capitol protester, federal judge rebukes Republicans

U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth castigated Republican lawmakers on Wednesday for downplaying the violence of the mob that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, saying in handing down the first sentence to a charged defendant that those who break the law must pay a penalty.

“I’m especially troubled by the accounts of some members of Congress that January 6 was just a day of tourists walking through the Capitol,” he said. “I don’t know what planet they were on ... This was not a peaceful demonstration. It was not an accident that it turned violent; it was intended to halt the very functioning of our government.”

Referring to the words of Rep. Andrew S. Clyde (R-Ga.), who last month compared the pro-Trump mob’s attack on the building to a “normal tourist visit,” the judge said that video introduced in court “will show the attempts of some congressmen to rewrite history ... is utter nonsense.”

On 6/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, hobie1616 said:

Venom’s jealous.  He’s 5’5 250#

22 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

No violence, just tourists. 

Tourists behaving, badly

17 hours ago, Fakenews said:

You’d have to roll him from side to side...

Literally had a fat guy get stuck under the boom back in the day.  His head hanging on the low side whilst pinned and stuck on the coachroof is still one of my funniest memories...  LOL

Today's paper said a nearby Oath Keepers plead guilty to storming the castle and has agreed to cooperate with the Feds.  Guess he didn't take an oath not to rat on his buddies.

20 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Venom’s jealous.  He’s 5’5 250#

Its from too much of his mom's meatloaf.

1 minute ago, Mike G said:

Goll Durn, bullshitters. Ya reckon you could entertain us with some more “thay wuz unarmed” Bullshit before too many more of these stink nuggets drop?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike G said:

Clearly, he saw the police were overheating from wearing all that body armor and wanted to help them cool off by misting them. 

How was he to know the chemical weapon he carried was.....well.....a chemical weapon?

The look of love.

928223738_ScreenShot2021-06-24at2_50_19PM.thumb.jpg.dd34d883113a71d40983edb6612203c8.jpg

Famous QAnon Couple Featured In Documentaries Arrested In Capitol Attack

Federal authorities have arrested a Florida couple who had previously been featured in news coverage of the QAnon conspiracy movement in connection with the Capitol riot.

The couple ― 48-year-old Jamie Buteau and 44-year-old Jennifer Buteau ― were arrested in Florida on Thursday morning and will make their first court appearance this afternoon. Jamie Buteau faces more serious charges over pictures uncovered by federal investigators that show him throwing a chair at Capitol Police officers during the attack on Jan. 6.

He faces charges of obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder; assaulting, resisting or impeding officers; and engaging in physical violence on Capitol grounds. Both Jamie and Jennifer Buteau face charges of disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building; parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building; and other misdemeanors.

The Buteaus were featured in “Q: Into The Storm,” a documentary which aired on HBO earlier this year. They were previously interviewed by Vice News after they attended a rally for then-President Donald Trump in 2018. Jamie Buteau was holding a “Q” sign, and believed that Trump sent a signal to QAnon by pointing to him.

Fla Rev. and his kid arrested for the 1/6 insurrection.

“A Florida pastor and his son were arrested in connection with the Capitol riot after a congregant gave them up”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-pastor-son-were-arrested-220635369.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

Dat ol' time religion.

A Florida man admitted storming the Capitol, feds say. Then he told the FBI his pastor had come with him.

When FBI agents interviewed David John Lesperance at his home in Indian Harbour Beach, Fla., after the Capitol riot, he did not deny storming the building on Jan. 6, prosecutors said.

Before authorities left his home in mid-January, Lesperance also shared another piece of information: He knew at least one more person who was there with him that day: his pastor.

Now, Lesperance, his pastor, James Varnell Cusick Jr., and his pastor’s son and the church’s vice president, Casey Cusick, face multiple charges over their alleged role in the deadly riot, according to criminal complaints released on Thursday that were filed in the U.S. District Court in Washington.

Lesperance, Cusick Jr., and Cusick could not immediately be reached by The Washington Post late on Thursday. It was unclear whether the trio had retained attorneys. The Florida men are among hundreds now charged in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection, including many who were turned in by relatives, friends and co-workers who learned of their involvement by word of mouth or their own social media posts.

On Jan. 22, a source told the FBI that Cusick Jr., the founder and pastor of Global Outreach Ministries in Melbourne, Fla., had participated in the riots.

On March 26, the FBI received an anonymous letter claiming that the pastor, his son, and Lesperance had traveled from Florida to D.C. and participated in the insurrection. The letter included photos corroborating Cusick Jr.'s ties to the church and other information that aided investigators.

3 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Dat ol' time religion.

A Florida man admitted storming the Capitol, feds say. Then he told the FBI his pastor had come with him.

When FBI agents interviewed David John Lesperance at his home in Indian Harbour Beach, Fla., after the Capitol riot, he did not deny storming the building on Jan. 6, prosecutors said.

Before authorities left his home in mid-January, Lesperance also shared another piece of information: He knew at least one more person who was there with him that day: his pastor.

Now, Lesperance, his pastor, James Varnell Cusick Jr., and his pastor’s son and the church’s vice president, Casey Cusick, face multiple charges over their alleged role in the deadly riot, according to criminal complaints released on Thursday that were filed in the U.S. District Court in Washington.

Lesperance, Cusick Jr., and Cusick could not immediately be reached by The Washington Post late on Thursday. It was unclear whether the trio had retained attorneys. The Florida men are among hundreds now charged in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection, including many who were turned in by relatives, friends and co-workers who learned of their involvement by word of mouth or their own social media posts.

On Jan. 22, a source told the FBI that Cusick Jr., the founder and pastor of Global Outreach Ministries in Melbourne, Fla., had participated in the riots.

On March 26, the FBI received an anonymous letter claiming that the pastor, his son, and Lesperance had traveled from Florida to D.C. and participated in the insurrection. The letter included photos corroborating Cusick Jr.'s ties to the church and other information that aided investigators.

There are a LOT of churches across the rural USA pushing a stridently hard-right agenda.

Jesus really hates Democrats!

- DSK

27 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

There are a LOT of churches across the rural USA pushing a stridently hard-right agenda.

JFC, these folks must be terminally conflicted as to whom to hate...

James "Jim" Varnell Cusick, 72, and his son Casey Cusick, 35, who both serve as pastors at Global Outreach Church

Am I a nationalist or am I a globalist?

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Oh the irony. You really can't make this shit up.

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Jesus spend his whole life fighting the romans for lower taxes and less regulations, I think the liberals shouldn't even be allowed to speak his name.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Jesus spend his whole life fighting the romans for lower taxes and less regulations, I think the liberals shouldn't even be allowed to speak his name.

Yeah. Do ya suppose that a book about imaginary sky-friends written by scribes of the wealthy elite would contain fables intended to dupe the weak-minded masses into submission? Sound familiar? Any modern parallels?

10 hours ago, Willin' said:

Depends on whether or not you want the flock to fund you a private jet, I guess. 

5 hours ago, Borracho said:

Yeah. Do ya suppose that a book about imaginary sky-friends written by scribes of the wealthy elite would contain fables intended to dupe the weak-minded masses into submission? Sound familiar? Any modern parallels?

They refer to them as parables in religious folklore.

6 hours ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

Jesus spend his whole life fighting the romans for lower taxes and less regulations . . .

Clearly that's what he meant when he said that thing about giving unto Cesar that which is Cesar's.

Oh.... the hypocrisy....

I can't even begin to start to initiate the concept.....

Let the defenestrations begin!

58 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Oh.... the hypocrisy....

I can't even begin to start to initiate the concept.....

Let the defenestrations begin!

Pro tip: Don't throw out the basement dwellers first.

7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Bullshit just doesn’t play as well in court as it does on the TV and radio, does it bullshitters?  

Holy shit, get a camera on the faces of the insurrectionists when they are informed their bail has been denied the grounds their Dear Leader is still trying to foment insurrection. I want to see that look on their face.

CQpJoyKOmOmliAk38ZkVEG1EV8eXfd91AB0J7Mpq

2 hours ago, Mark K said:

Holy shit, get a camera on the faces of the insurrectionists when they are informed their bail has been denied the grounds their Dear Leader is still trying to foment insurrection. I want to see that look on their face.

CQpJoyKOmOmliAk38ZkVEG1EV8eXfd91AB0J7Mpq

Pretty sure they are going to be making that face a lot in prison.

Keep telling s about the insurrectionists being unarmed, bullshitters. You need to get in front of the narrative on that before the court cases become public. Wait… too late. Silly bullshitters. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Umm, that's actually 8 graphs, but I agree.

The single biggest problem currently IMHO is acceptance of the idea that politicians should be able to choose voters, rather than the other way around. But a more representative group of Representatives (and Senators) woould certainly be a good step in the right direction

- DSK

11 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The last thing they need would be Jordan, Gaetz, MoRon Johnson, Mo Brooks, and Greene, and that's who McCarthy would love to throw at her. 

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

The last thing they need would be Jordan, Gaetz, MoRon Johnson, Mo Brooks, and Greene, and that's who McCarthy would love to throw at her. 

Don't forget Devin Nunes.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:
3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Rep. Clyde could repeat that bullshit about it being a typical tourist visit.

11 hours ago, badlatitude said:
13 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I thought Nunes had been put out to pasture?

- DSK