Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Maybe they're just being music critics?

Maybe that they actually LIKE his music and this is how they express it?

- DSK

Then it would be fair to assume that he will have a lifetime of that.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Maybe they're just being music critics?

Maybe that they actually LIKE his music and this is how they express it?

- DSK

Is he a Punk Rocker?

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

That's a certain irony for sure, but I'm a bit surprised it happened in right wing Indiana.

Simple. They are petty thieves and drunks and wife beaters but they're  not traitors. 

4 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Schaffer, a self-described founding member of the Oath Keepers, became the first insurrectionist to plead guilty and cooperate with the feds. He is expected to face between 3.5-4.5 years in prison.

No wonder the other prisoners were throwing feces at him.  He's a snitch AND a crappy guitar player.

On the topic of tuff guy rock stars, HBO is running a doc on the 99 Woodstock disaster.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/woodstock-99-review-hbo-1234652196/

This guy so reminds me of that knucklehead Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit. A riot was breaking out, the org asked him to help settle things down, and he goes out there and does the dead opposite, personifying the tude' of bring it bitches. 

Ten gets ya twenty neither of those two have ever had their ass kicked. Talk like that now, tuff guy. See what happens.    

16 minutes ago, Mark K said:

On the topic of tuff guy rock stars, HBO is running a doc on the 99 Woodstock disaster.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/woodstock-99-review-hbo-1234652196/

This guy so reminds me of that knucklehead Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit. A riot was breaking out, the org asked him to help settle things down, and he goes out there and does the dead opposite, personifying the tude' of bring it bitches. 

Ten gets ya twenty neither of those two have ever had their ass kicked. Talk like that now, tuff guy. See what happens.    

Cared for a pt the other day brought in from the prison. Now a new quadriplegic.  It seems the other prisoners didn't like the cut of his jib and carried out a 2nd sentencing.  

I can't imagine these Trump 'tards faring well in such an environment 

Yeah. They got him. That's the the fucker that chased the hero cop upstairs. I probably can't kick his ass these days ... but maybe if I had a sharpened flagstaff, I could pin him to AOC's bulletin  board. She can peck his eyes out. He's wearing a Q shirt but I'd bet half a hundred he's a paid mercenary.  Bet there were a couple of dozen there because the average used car salesman taking a Tuesday off doesn't take on uniformed cops.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Yeah. They got him. That's the the fucker that chased the hero cop upstairs. I probably can't kick his ass these days ... but maybe if I had a sharpened flagstaff, I could pin him to AOC's bulletin  board. She can peck his eyes out. He's wearing a Q shirt but I'd bet half a hundred he's a paid mercenary.  Bet there were a couple of dozen there because the average used car salesman taking a Tuesday off doesn't take on uniformed cops.

I have a serious problem with people using flags/flag staffs as weapons. Not because of the insult to the flag (Which I guess it is, but I don't pledge allegiance to a flag, or a person), but because of the insult it is to the person being attacked by the flag/staff/pole.

Ted Landsmark: Unsung Champion for Social Justice in Boston – NBC Boston

5 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Every time I see a pic of that mob I have the same reaction;

Who TF would want to be associated in any way with people who look like that let alone in determining an election?

When did trailer trash get the idea that they had any sort of worthwhile opinions on anything?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Every time I see a pic of that mob I have the same reaction;

Who TF would want to be associated in any way with people who look like that let alone in determining an election?

When did trailer trash get the idea that they had any sort of worthwhile opinions on anything?

Exactamundo. I'm even OK with Perfesser Folly calling these people "Reichistas." I think American Traitors is more apt, tho. 

Balancing the scales of justice is a little too slow for my tastes. Given the threat and the possibility of another AND THAT WE HAVE ALL THIS ON TAPE should take the old system out of the picture. Line all these fuckers up, and Judge Judy could handle them all on TV in about a week. 

19 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Exactamundo. I'm even OK with Perfesser Folly calling these people "Reichistas." I think American Traitors is more apt, tho. 

Balancing the scales of justice is a little too slow for my tastes. Given the threat and the possibility of another AND THAT WE HAVE ALL THIS ON TAPE should take the old system out of the picture. Line all these fuckers up, and Judge Judy could handle them all on TV in about a week. 

That would insulate the people who sent them from prosecution, and prevent us from finding out who was behind it. This is the biggest criminal investigation in history, over 500 people are already charged, several have already pleaded guilty and the first trials are set for November. Believe in our justice system. It held after the election, and showed that the Big Lie bullshitters had no evidence. It will dig up which of those Big Lie bullshitters were responsible for 1/6. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

He'll be getting hard time at a Federal Pound Me In The Ass Penitentiary. The tourist who walked in, looked around and walked out got 8 months. This fuckhead is getting a lot more. He's currently out on bail under house arrest. The judge seems to think he's a lesser if famous case.

https://www.thegazette.com/crime-courts/judge-agrees-to-free-iowa-qanon-believer-douglas-jensen-charged-in-capitol-riot/

• Like 1
23 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Capitol Rioter Has Feces Thrown at Him in Jail

Heavy metal band Iced Earth’s guitarist Jon Schaffer, who pleaded guilty to charges related to the Capitol riot, had feces thrown at him and faced death threats during a hellish stint at an Indiana jail, according to his lawyer. The comments made during a March court hearing were revealed Thursday, prompting Schaffer’s transfer to a Washington, D.C., jail before he was released on bail in April. “My client, who is presumed innocent, has just gone through two months of hell where other people were throwing feces at him and urine at him and threatening his life in a horrible, horrible situation,” Schaffer’s attorney Marc Victor said at the hearing, according to the Indianapolis Star. Schaffer was segregated due to his public status but it led to prisoners tormenting him. 

Schaffer, a self-described founding member of the Oath Keepers, became the first insurrectionist to plead guilty and cooperate with the feds. He is expected to face between 3.5-4.5 years in prison. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lawyer-says-iced-earth-guitarist-jon-schaffer-had-feces-urine-thrown-at-him-in-indiana-jail?ref=home

Interesting. Was it because he’s a traitor to the US, or that he rolled over on his buddies?

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Interesting. Was it because he’s a traitor to the US, or that he rolled over on his buddies?

I don't know, how do you get abused while in administrative custody, and while in supervised yard time? Sounds suspicious, the guy got witness protection once he leaves jail.

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Back the Blue, right bullshitters? 
or is it Back the Gray?

or Back the Red?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/564794-new-capitol-police-chief-jan-6-was-not-a-lovefest

From the second paragraph... Man are you a sorry act these days. A bullshitter calling out other bullshitters bullshit... 

"That's not the way I saw it," Tom Manger told CNN, adding that everyone was “entitled” to their own opinion.

16 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

From the second paragraph... Man are you a sorry act these days. A bullshitter calling out other bullshitters bullshit... 

"That's not the way I saw it," Tom Manger told CNN, adding that everyone was “entitled” to their own opinion.

Interesting that you responded to a post directed at bullshitters.  

What did I post that was not true? 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Everyone IS entitled to their "opinion". 

You seem to have trouble discerning the difference between opinion and fact.

The crowd that stormed the Capitol were NOT "let in" and greeted with open arms, in the "love fest" claimed by The Former Guy.  Those are opinions and not factual.

Here are the facts - They broke in.  They beat cops with flag poles, hockey sticks, fire extinguishers and sprayed them with chemical weapons.  They destroyed property, stole items, and rubbed feces around the Capitol.

They were hell-bent on disrupting a Constitutional process in an attempt to install a monarch.

You should rightfully be afraid of what will turn up as the hearings begin.  My bet is you will slink away, only to return with a new ID.

• Like 1

My ballast moves every morning.  I'm reading the handmaid's tale and I'm still on the early page where smart comments are made that hopefully describe some aspect of the story.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Everyone IS entitled to their "opinion". 

You seem to have trouble discerning the difference between opinion and fact.

Actually, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion" is a bit of sophistry.  It is the "entitlement" part that is the problem, not the "opinion" part.  Sure, "opinions" can vary widely and wildly, to no greater ill effect than a badly considered vote or the risk of not having anyone wanting the bar stool next to you.

But when you act on your belief in your "entitlement", and refuse to budge from your stance  in the face of facts, and clearly interfere with public safety and common good then, nope, your "entitlement" is worth no more than barroom blather. 

Hey, it's my opinion that speeding at night with my headlights off is fun and safe because I trust in Jesus!   

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Actually, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion" is a bit of sophistry.  It is the "entitlement" part that is the problem, not the "opinion" part.  Sure, "opinions" can vary widely and wildly, to no greater ill effect than a badly considered vote or the risk of not having anyone wanting the bar stool next to you.

But when you act on your belief in your "entitlement", and refuse to budge from your stance  in the face of facts, and clearly interfere with public safety and common good then, nope, your "entitlement" is worth no more than barroom blather. 

Hey, it's my opinion that speeding at night with my headlights off is fun and safe because I trust in Jesus!   

Good point.

There's also a difference between having the right to have an opinion and having the right to voice it.

There are limits to the later.

38 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

You seem to suggest being entitled to an opinion (which I said) is the same thing as acting on that opinion (which I did not say).  At least, you are responding as if what I said is the same as what you said.

Other than that, I agree with you

Just now, Bus Driver said:

You seem to suggest being entitled to an opinion (which I said) is the same thing as acting on that opinion (which I did not say).  At least, you are responding as if what I said is the same as what you said.

Other than that, I agree with you

I have Ballast on Ignore so it was easiest to just quote you in response to him/her/it.  I was hoping that it would be clear that I was building off your comment, but I should have taken time to clarify who I was aiming my comment at. 

And, BTW, I agree with what you said

16 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I have Ballast on Ignore so it was easiest to just quote you in response to him/her/it.  I was hoping that it would be clear that I was building off your comment, but I should have taken time to clarify who I was aiming my comment at. 

And, BTW, I agree with what you said

Ah.  Makes perfect sense.  Thanks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I respect everyone's right to their opinion. Everyone is not entitled to my respect OF their opinion. If your opinion is founded upon the opinions expressed on a certain "news" channel that blurs the line between fact and opinion, then pays dunderheads to spout bullshit opinions within that gray area, causing a bunch of people who can't tell the difference between fact and opinion to have an alternate reality, chances are that I will not have much respect for your opinion. If you spout bullshit based on your opinion, and continue to do so after being presented with facts to the contrary, chances are I will start calling you a bullshitter. 

The Chief of Police of the Capitol Police has a valuable opinion about how loving and peaceful the crowd at the Capitol was on 1/6. Anyone who watched video of the day's events knows full well that anyone claiming that it was loving and peaceful is a bullshitting pile of dung. You are entitled to your own opinion.  You are not entitled to your own facts. 

That the crowd at the Capitol on 1/6 did not "Back the Blue" is not an opinion, it's a fact. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mathystuff said:

Good point.

There's also a difference between having the right to have an opinion and having the right to voice it.

There are limits to the later.

it should be that everyone is entitled to an EDUCATED opinion. 

46 minutes ago, basketcase said:

And therein lies the rub. An educated opinion requires some level of education (not indoctrination) which seems to be in painfully short supply in some circles.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Just lil ol peaceful tourists, right bullshitters?

E7OOX46XsAAoGlP?format=jpg&name=900x900

I think that has been forged. The English-usage Nazis would only see one egregious error - should be two sentences. The mob were not that literate - or intelligent, but that is a different, but related, issue.

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

You should rightfully be afraid of what will turn up as the hearings begin.  My bet is you will slink away, only to return with another new ID.

FTFY

2 hours ago, basketcase said:

That will certainly limit things.

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I think that has been forged. The English-usage Nazis would only see one egregious error - should be two sentences. The mob were not that literate - or intelligent, but that is a different, but related, issue.

"They're" was spelled and punctuated correctly as well.

No way a Trumper wrote that.

If y’all bullshitters think it is bad now, just wait until the Capitol Police officers swear-in and testify tomorrow about what they experienced on 1/6. 

Be sure to prepare a full frontal bullshitter distraction for us. 

6 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

The part that really fucks with my head, is that after the video records, the bullshitters actually deny what is on record. 

In the 1990's when I got into business management, I started to see business-speak for the first time.  The MD sprouted bullshit, no one called him.  Now bullshit is normal.  These people are evil in the purest sense of the word.  We saw this coming for decades.

28 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Back the Blue, bullshitters. Tune in to hear testimony from Capitol Police officers about their experience with the crowds on January 6. Hearings start this morning. 

https://january6th.house.gov/news/watch-live

Thx for the link. I still wonder why we need the congressional investigations? We've seen that the House is toothless, and the senate is worse. 

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Thx for the link. I still wonder why we need the congressional investigations? We've seen that the House is toothless, and the senate is worse. 

True dat! They can issue subpoenas all they want but getting the Trumps or any guilty parties to comply will be the trick. Who enforces those subpoenas? From what we saw in the Mueller investigation and 2 Trump impeachments, no one.

4 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

And if you think they're bad, the American people are even worse.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

If these hearings and investigations change just one MAGA-hatted denialist's mind, or embarrass just one republican aiding and abetting congress-critter, they will be worth it.  Gotta start somewhere.

14 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

If these hearings and investigations change just one MAGA-hatted denialist's mind, or embarrass just one republican aiding and abetting congress-critter, they will be worth it.  Gotta start somewhere.

I hear you but it's so expensive.

Just now, Blue Crab said:

I hear you but it's so expensive.

Yeah, damn it.  Defending the honor, stability and function of the Federal government is something you absolutely want to put a price tag on.  

I say we shouldn't spend more that a buck and quarter on it.  

Liz Cheney: "When you think about that and share with us the vivid memory of the cruelty and the violence of the assault that day and then you hear former President Trump say quote ‘It was a loving crowd'... How does that make you feel?”

Capitol Police Officer Aquilino Gonell: "It’s a pathetic excuse for his behavior, for something that he himself helped to create — this monstrosity. I'm still recovering from those hugs and kisses that day."

26 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Yeah, damn it.  Defending the honor, stability and function of the Federal government is something you absolutely want to put a price tag on.  

I say we shouldn't spend more that a buck and quarter on it.  

Yuk yuk. You must have been watching something else because the House subpoena power was laughed at.  I'm a pragmatist. This is good money after bad. We aren't even close to returning to normal. I don't share your and Sol's optimism.

Sure wish I did.

Edit: And only D's will watch. No RS. How does that help? I get you want an argument... Sorry. Try Jeff or Ricardo.

would eye damaging laser devices be weapons, bullshitters? I ask because those would seem to be things that DC tourists should have with them when they are storming the Capitol...and allegedly did. How about metal whips? 

I wonder what TFG has to say about today's hearing..... Probably something like McCarthy's "I was busy in meetings, I didn't see any of it".

8 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

image.jpeg.550ebf9549fd673ec962f032b23884f4.jpeg

You don't seem to understand, Rosyboy was traumatized by the event and will most likely need psychotherapy for the rest of his life. Not to mention the unimaginable humiliation of being a total failure with an uncontrollable urge to suck ass. That is the cold stark reality so please lighten up and show some respect. :ph34r: 

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

She’s a sovereign citizen nut. She and her alternate reality will have a tough time in court. Judges don’t have much patience for bullshitters. 

Hopefully. 

I've been thinking about this and if I run in 2024, and win, I'll import all the Puerto Ricans that want to come to the US and are willing to work, and deport all the sovereigns, Oath Disregarders, Nazis, Idaho Types, Pedophiles, Politicians, Pastors and similar Wannabe Nazis, Preppers, Evangelicals, people that aren't looking for work, non-vaxxers, everybody with a sub 100 IQ (redundancy?), any people that jump Asians on the street, half of Hollywood, AJ Oliver and other assorted idiots to PR.

Sign the title over to them and revel in the thought that is an island with water all around as Trump informed us. Put a satellite up and drone the fuck out of people who try to leave.

30 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

She’s a sovereign citizen nut. She and her alternate reality will have a tough time in court. Judges don’t have much patience for bullshitters. 

I like this reasoning -

“She’s a human being who stood up for her rights. She should have a right to stand up for what she believes in,” said Glenn Robinson, 68.

Maybe all defendants in criminal proceedings should adopt this stance.  "You Honor, I believe it is my right to do whatever I want, whenever I want.  Rape, robbery, murder, you name it.  It is my right to stand up for what I believe in."

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

Hopefully. 

I've been thinking about this and if I run in 2024, and win, I'll import all the Puerto Ricans that want to come to the US and are willing to work, and deport all the sovereigns, Oath Disregarders, Nazis, Idaho Types, Pedophiles, Politicians, Pastors and similar Wannabe Nazis, Preppers, Evangelicals, people that aren't looking for work, non-vaxxers, everybody with a sub 100 IQ (redundancy?), any people that jump Asians on the street, half of Hollywood, AJ Oliver and other assorted idiots to PR.

Sign the title over to them and revel in the thought that is an island with water all around as Trump informed us. Put a satellite up and drone the fuck out of people who try to leave.

Puerto Ricans can already come and go as they please, so the ones who want to be here prolly already are.  It’s a beautiful place, though more like Latin America than redneck Amurica, to be sure. I’d just as soon not screw the place up any more than we already have. 

16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Puerto Ricans can already come and go as they please, so the ones who want to be here prolly already are.  It’s a beautiful place, though more like Latin America than redneck Amurica, to be sure. I’d just as soon not screw the place up any more than we already have. 

Yeah. I've spent some time there. I wish I had better ideas but I just don't want to add another giant money drain. We already have AL, and MS, etc.

22 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Maybe all defendants in criminal proceedings should adopt this stance.  "You Honor, I believe it is my right to do whatever I want, whenever I want.  Rape, robbery, murder, you name it.  It is my right to stand up for what I believe in."

I suspect this is exactly why people do what they do. They're not all nuts, they just live under different rules that aren't based on some made-up moral code.

6 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:
31 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I suspect this is exactly why people do what they do. They're not all nuts, they just live under different rules that aren't based on some made-up moral code.

I know a few people like this.  While they may think their actions justifiable based on their interpretation of their guaranteed "rights", I doubt it it would fly in a court of law.

8 hours ago, bhyde said:

Looks like the Green/Gaetz rioters are "political prisoners" narrative wasn't received so well.

Hope they began the incitement rally with the pledge of allegiance to their demagogue

I pledge allegiance to Donald Trump and to the fascism for which he stands: one Nation of insurrection, under Trump, with Liberty and Justice for him.

How will TFG and his band of seditionists rewrite this testimony of Capitol Police officer Harry Dunn?

As pro-Trump insurrectionists poured into the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, a Black Capitol Police officer passionately testified Tuesday that he faced racist epithets, the likes of which he had never heard while serving in uniform.

"You hear that, guys, this n***** voted for Joe Biden!" a woman in a pink MAGA shirt yelled toward Capitol Police Pfc. Harry Dunn, he recounted, after Dunn said he voted for President Biden.

"Boo! F****** n*****!" the crowd of about 20 yelled back, Dunn recalled.

Dunn said his story wasn't unique. He heard from another Black officer that insurrectionists yelled at that officer: "Put your gun down, and we'll show you what kind of n***** you really are!"

GOP seditionists demand the release of Jan 6 prisoners. 

MTG-GaetzSeditionRally.jpg.075e14c01a7df4f68cc61191c7f28a81.jpg

The rally broke up shortly after loyal Americans showed up and protested the attempted coup

PedosForTrump.jpg.2d440d9471ec3f3bda8cc69a3a689fac.jpg

Traitors to the USA get chased out.  Here you see Qanon Karen being escorted out with accused child rapist, Gaetz The Grifter.

MTG-GaetzChasedOut.jpg.d5771bab3d72b58a39de1354c739c20f.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Traitors to the USA get chased out.  Here you see Qanon Karen being escorted out with accused child rapist, Gaetz The Grifter.

MTG-GaetzChasedOut.jpg.d5771bab3d72b58a39de1354c739c20f.jpg

And both will probably be re-elected in their districts.

5 minutes ago, bridhb said:

And both will probably be re-elected in their districts.

The seditionists are well on their way in overthrowing American democracy

1. First, destroy labor unions, so people have no way to bargain for higher wages and less capacity for political organization.
CheckMark.jpg.12c23d0b2492ecadfebf3a00398c259a.jpg

2. Crack down on college students, so they won’t oppose you (hint: burden them with so much student debt and make it so hard for them to find good jobs that they won’t dare rock the boat).

3. Undermine public education, so people are less able to think critically for themselves.

4. Cut deals with rich business executives and billionaires that if they back you you’ll reduce their taxes, slash government spending on the poor, and eliminate regulations that impinge on their profits.

5. Make most people economically anxious, frustrated, angry, and insecure.

6. Convince them their problems stem from “them” — foreigners, immigrants, racial or ethnic or religious minorities, intellectuals.

7. Make them cynical about democracy.

8. Convince them all they need is a strongman who will fix everything.

9. Fill the airwaves with big lies.

10. Get elected, and then take over.  - 

First part

just needs a little more work, then they can finish the coup.
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, Jules said:

1. First, destroy labor unions, so people have no way to bargain for higher wages and less capacity for political organization.

2. Crack down on college students, so they won’t oppose you (hint: burden them with so much student debt and make it so hard for them to find good jobs that they won’t dare rock the boat).

3. Undermine public education, so people are less able to think critically for themselves.

4. Cut deals with rich business executives and billionaires that if they back you you’ll reduce their taxes, slash government spending on the poor, and eliminate regulations that impinge on their profits.

6. Convince them their problems stem from “them” — foreigners, immigrants, racial or ethnic or religious minorities, intellectuals.

First part

The Best Americans need no government to restrain them. Their ancestors started this movement. Smedley Butler warned us about them and their business plot. They won’t stop until they succeed. 

34 minutes ago, Jules said:

First part

Well, skipping lightly over the part about installing agreeably fascist judges and generals, these last three words are the only part they've failed at.

40% of USAnians are eager to embrace a dictatorship. They've declared their willingness to fight and die to kill off democracy, some have demonstrated their willingness clearly.

We should believe them.

- DSK

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, skipping lightly over the part about installing agreeably fascist judges and generals, these last three words are the only part they've failed at.

40% of USAnians are eager to embrace a dictatorship. They've declared their willingness to fight and die to kill off democracy, some have demonstrated their willingness clearly.

We should believe them.

- DSK

They have clearly shown their loyalty to an individual is far greater than their claimed loyalty to country.  And there's no shortage of self-serving elected officials who see this as an opportunity to remain in power indefinitely by eradicating freedom.

Wasn't there a lesson or two in history about this?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Will she drive to her trial or will she travel there?

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

She will send her agent, who will travel and seek to settle this matter at the first appearance. 

55 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
59 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

She will send her agent, who will travel and seek to settle this matter at the first appearance. 

I still cannot believe how kind the judge was. He's a capital P Pragmatist. Larry the Cable Guy Goes To LawSchool.

5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I still cannot believe how kind the judge was. He's a capital P Pragmatist. Larry the Cable Guy Goes To LawSchool.

By now, all judges are well versed in dealing with the Sovereign Citizen nuts.  They have two motivations. 1. Avoid paying what they owe to anyone and get anything possible for nothing. 2. Waste government's time, particularly those portions of government impeding their progress on motivation number 1. Most are harmless kooks, some are capable of violence. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, justsomeguy! said:

Aren't all moral codes "made-up"?

yes, and possibly no.

Yes, in the way that we codify it, whether in law or custom. Kinda a human thing to do

BUT

moral codes seem to exist outside of humans as well, and not just apes - so maybe a "moral code" is an evolutionary advantage. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

By now, all judges are well versed in dealing with the Sovereign Citizen nuts.  They have two motivations. 1. Avoid paying what they owe to anyone and get anything possible for nothing. 2. Waste government's time, particularly those portions of government impeding their progress on motivation number 1. Most are harmless kooks, some are capable of violence. 

I think it's a shame that we can't give them an up-close personal lesson, one that will truly sink in and change their attitudes, with life in a structured and interdependent society... growing your own peas on state land will do that.

Last I knew, those programs were all phased out due to states determination of the capital value of land. Mistakenly so IMHO

- DSK