Jump to content

Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:
4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

smearing feces on the floors and walls

Has Feces Man been identified ??  Or was there more than one - hmmm, looks like it . . 

https://www.ibtimes.sg/dna-test-poop-smeared-capitol-hallways-by-rioters-theory-surfaces-search-begins-54777

So Ollie, does smearing excrement on Capitol Rotunda walls count as defacement?, "a contrary view?" or ... what? You put a name on it. Is it up there with what you boys did in Nam to fuck things up? 

Should we move the discussion to the Freedom of speech thread?

Whom did you support on 1/6?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

If you want to upload photos into a browser then your browser needs access to your photos.

good point ... new phone ... but fuck no is still my answer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

My phone with no prodding just ask if I wanted to allow Chrome to access my pictures. "Fuck no" wasn't an option, unfortunately.

They have your shit..  There is no stoping it..  Best you can do is turn off all cloud backups, but if ya do that and loose your phone, well.....  Lock your credit at all 3 credit bureaus and have a burner email acct.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaggy said:

They have your shit..  There is no stoping it..  Best you can do is turn off all cloud backups, but if ya do that and loose your phone, well.....  Lock your credit at all 3 credit bureaus and have a burner email acct.  

Everyone should lock their credit as a matter of basic credit management

Sucks, but you should do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Everyone should lock their credit as a matter of basic credit management

Sucks, but you should do it.

This, Just did it for my MIL..  The links are buried basically on all 3 sites but they are there if you dig around.  They have to provide this for free, It is the law, so be persistent.  Also...  Keep the password/pin in a safe place...(Don't ask me how I know this). LOL..  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

E8no8pAXsAAGka5?format=jpg&name=medium

The tourist was just disinfecting the area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Tell us about the lack of prosecutions, bullshitters. 576 and counting. 

 

I wonder when they will call in Gosar, Boebert, Cawthorne, Greene...et al. Soon, I hope.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How many have actually been sentenced and are serving their time?

The wheels of justice seem to have nearly ground to a halt - it's been over 7 months FFS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

How many have actually been sentenced and are serving their time?

The wheels of justice seem to have nearly ground to a halt - it's been over 7 months FFS.

I hope they are working their way up. Once they get some of the leaders singing it could be nasty for the R scum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

How many have actually been sentenced and are serving their time?

The wheels of justice seem to have nearly ground to a halt - it's been over 7 months FFS.

I doubt most of them will even get 6 months, and they will get early release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

I doubt most of them will even get 6 months, and they will get early release.

No, they don't get early release for federal crimes if the sentence is less than a year. They get 54 days for good behavior after the first year. Also, it taking 6 months or more is pretty average for federal cases. Patience. Plea bargains will come first, trials second.

I think most of them getting 6 months or less is a good guess. I think some of them will get 10 years or more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

No, they don't get early release for federal crimes if the sentence is less than a year. They get 54 days for good behavior after the first year. Also, it taking 6 months or more is pretty average for federal cases. Patience. Plea bargains will come first, trials second.

I think most of them getting 6 months or less is a good guess. I think some of them will get 10 years or more.

Not many, probably only a couple.  Most of them are getting charged with misdemeanors, so 6 months will probably be what they get.  When I got six months I was out in 45 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, the simple cases come first. The plea bargains for testimony come first. There are idiots going to trial which is gonna take a year plus and then they'll get slammed with the max. The perps still on the run also have more to worry about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Again, the simple cases come first. The plea bargains for testimony come first. There are idiots going to trial which is gonna take a year plus and then they'll get slammed with the max. The perps still on the run also have more to worry about.

Maybe, I just wonder how they can keep trumpers off the juries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

I don't think so.  I can't even remember the questions I was asked when I got called for that.

You did time and you got called for jury duty? :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I wonder when they will call in Gosar, Boebert, Cawthorne, Greene...et al. Soon, I hope.

Yep, The Tour Guides need a talking to and I'm sure some of the timelines that coincidentally cross with a few of the uppity tourists later will provoke for some thought provoking questions.

Perfectly ordinary for them to show groups around after hours right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bus Driver said:

Vaccine cards.

Yellow star insignia on lapel.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
7 hours ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

I don't think so.  I can't even remember the questions I was asked when I got called for that.

You did time and you got called for jury duty?

If he paid his debt to society, then he's good to go, now.

I've been called for jury duty 4 times, was surprised when I got picked the last time (about 5 yeas ago). The lawyers must have used up all their challenges, they don't fact-oriented people using logic on juries. It was an interesting experience.

But yeah, I think basic citizenship questions would screen out the Trumpers

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullshitters keep bullshitting.

Some US Capitol rioters stay defiant, even while pleading guilty

Boyd Camper was set to join the ranks of those pleading guilty in the January 6 insurrection when the federal judge overseeing the case abruptly postponed the plea hearing over questions about whether Camper really believed he did anything wrong. 

"Then this plea doesn't go forward," Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly told Camper's lawyer, who objected to a line in the plea deal that said Camper "unlawfully" entered the US Capitol. "If he's in there and doesn't think he did anything wrong, then there is no plea."

It's one example of the spectrum of contrition from the Capitol rioters. Some have offered emotional apologies and renounced the "big lie" about the 2020 election. Others remain defiant and see themselves as "political prisoners." Some rioters, even while pleading guilty, pushed back when pressed by judges to take responsibility, leading to hiccups and delays at several recent hearings.

The pushback from rioters comes at a key moment in the national reckoning over January 6 as Congress ramps up its inquiries and as former President Donald Trump and his allies continue to whitewash the deadly attack, often promoting the same self-serving narratives as the rioters.

A lack of remorse could also have legal consequences. Defendants who plead guilty aren't required to apologize, though it can persuade a judge to show leniency at sentencing. Federal prosecutors have said they're looking for contrition from the insurrectionists, and they've already cited defiant comments from some rioters to argue in court that they deserve time behind bars. 

Camper, a 54-year-old real estate investor from Montana, came to Washington, DC, to hear Trump speak at the now-infamous rally on January 6. He heeded Trump's words and marched to the Capitol. Like hundreds of others, he breached the building and got into the Rotunda. 

He was arrested in March and charged with four misdemeanors. Federal prosecutors offered him the typical deal for nonviolent rioters, and a plea hearing was scheduled for late July. As part of the agreement, Camper was required to admit to key elements of the specific crime he was charged with: Illegally parading, demonstrating, or picketing inside the Capitol building.

At a rescheduled plea hearing earlier this month, Camper acknowledged under oath that he entered a "restricted area" and "made a bad choice." But when asked if he knew he wasn't allowed in the Capitol itself, he tried to make the case that police officers "weren't even trying to stop us" from entering the Capitol. 

"The door was literally held up by someone who appeared to be a person of authority," he said. 

Nonetheless, the judge accepted his guilty plea, and his sentencing is set for November. Camper's attorney declined to comment when asked by CNN for evidence backing up his claims about the police.

Another pro-Trump rioter, John Lolos, nearly derailed his August 4 plea hearing when he made a similar comment about police supposedly waiving him into the crypt in the Capitol basement. 

"I just wanted to get that off my chest (and) on the record," Lolos told the judge. 

Prosecutors asked if he was trying to renege on the plea agreement. His lawyer said he wanted to move forward with the deal, as written, and might raise the issue at sentencing. Lolos faces a maximum of six months in jail.

Still, it might be risky to shift some blame onto the police. Before sentencing, judges closely review recommendations from the prosecutors and the defense. And the Justice Department has said "evidence of remorse or contrition" is one key to getting a favorable recommendation.

"It boils down to defendants saying that they learned a lesson from all this," said Michael Zeldin, a former federal prosecutor and criminal defense attorney in Washington, DC. "If I were still a defense lawyer, I'd have my clients affirmatively doing things to demonstrate that these aren't just words ... to show they're sincere in these new beliefs and they're already acting on them." 

That's exactly what Indiana grandmother Anna Morgan-Lloyd tried to do. She told Judge Thomas Hogan she went through a political transformation after watching movies and reading books about racial inequality. She apologized for her "shameful" participation in a "savage display of violence." 

The judge gave her probation. But one day after sentencing, she went on Fox News and offered a very different perspective: She said she only entered the Capitol to protect an elderly woman, called the rioters "very polite," and said police were "relaxed" and "didn't tell anybody to leave." 

The about-face caught the eye of federal Judge Thomas Hogan, who cited Morgan-Lloyd while recently presiding over the plea hearing for a married couple that stormed the Capitol. Hogan said he was "concerned whether (we're) getting true acceptance of responsibility" from rioters.

Some Republicans have downplayed the attack by comparing it to a tourist visit, falsely claiming that jailed defendants are "political prisoners," and lionizing the rioter who was killed by police.

And the "police-let-us-in" theory has popped up in many Capitol riot cases -- and simultaneously emerged as a GOP talking point in Trump's recent interviews and in congressional hearings.

"In all fairness, the Capitol Police were ushering people in," Trump told two Washington Post reporters who published a bombshell book about his tumultuous final year in the White House. 

He repeated this claim in a lie-filled Fox News interview where he said there was a "lovefest" between police and rioters, and "they ought to release the tape to see what really happened."

At an oversight hearing in June, Rep. Glenn Grothman, a Wisconsin Republican, said some of the rioters "appeared to almost be escorted in by the Capitol Police." He also claimed many of the pro-Trump rioters "would have had no idea (or) way of knowing they're breaking the law." 

Prosecutors have rebutted these theories in court, and judges have opined that the illegality of the breach should've been obvious, because of the alarms, tear gas, and battles with police. 

"When you were standing on the steps with a mob, you thought that was okay?" Chief Judge Beryl Howell of the DC District Court asked Glenn Croy at his plea hearing. "... What you're saying here today, under oath, is that you did not know that you weren't supposed to be there?" 

Croy responded by saying he "did not see any barriers" on his walk from the Trump rally to the Capitol, and that he "didn't realize at the time" that he wasn't allowed onto the Capitol steps. 

"I knew (the police) were trying to get people off those steps, but I had no idea," Croy said. "... I didn't know it was an unlawful assembly until later... even with the smoke grenades and stuff." 

The judge accepted his guilty plea and he will be sentenced in October. 

Prosecutors recently squared off with another rioter, Robert Reeder, who pleaded guilty but argued that he should receive probation because he only went inside the Capitol to find water after getting pepper sprayed. He also faulted police for ineffectively guarding the building.

"The officers were standing near the walls and neither verbally nor otherwise attempted to keep Mr. Reeder from walking into the building," his lawyer wrote. Explaining why Reeder stayed inside the building, his lawyer continued, "Mr. Reeder, who had never been in the Capitol before, was struck by the awe and the beauty of the Rotunda and began taking pictures and videos."

In response, federal prosecutors wrote that Reeder's argument "is the equivalent of blaming homeowners for not having a better security system or doing more to stop a mob of burglars." 

They also slammed Reeder for claiming in an April FBI interview that the riot was "a plan to allow people in" so the media could "demonize the Trump people" -- a conspiracy theory that 55% of Republicans believe is true, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that was conducted in April. 

Reeder offered "a self-serving rewrite of history that sought to portray himself as a hapless tourist, absolve himself of any wrongdoing (and) place blame on others," prosecutors wrote, urging the judge to give him two months in jail. His sentencing is scheduled for Wednesday.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going back to 6 January, I wonder how many Gomers and Goobers watched the insurrection on TV and said, Damn, I wish I was there.  

Fast forward, I wonder how many Gomers and Goobers who watched the insurrection on TV are saying, Damn, I'm glad I wasn't there.  (assumes some brain activity)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Yep, The Tour Guides need a talking to and I'm sure some of the timelines that coincidentally cross with a few of the uppity tourists later will provoke for some thought provoking questions.

Perfectly ordinary for them to show groups around after hours right?

Before they were sworn in as Congresscritters, so at that point they were ordinary citizens, but very stupid ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

If he paid his debt to society, then he's good to go, now.

I've been called for jury duty 4 times, was surprised when I got picked the last time (about 5 yeas ago). The lawyers must have used up all their challenges, they don't fact-oriented people using logic on juries. It was an interesting experience.

But yeah, I think basic citizenship questions would screen out the Trumpers

- DSK

I was in jail after I got called for jury duty, but it doesn't matter because you do not get excused from jury duty for misdemeanor convictions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Real_XYZ said:

I was in jail after I got called for jury duty, but it doesn't matter because you do not get excused from jury duty for misdemeanor convictions.  If you did half the country would rush out and commit minor crimes so they could get out of jury duty.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Citizenship questions will keep them off jury duty.

This.

A while back someone posted an American civics questionnaire here. I ( a foreigner) got 96 on it.

The best any of the right wingers admitted to was low 80's.

Right wing attitudes equate to "not very bright" plain and simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Right wing attitudes equate to "not very bright" plain and simple.

Those are the people the defense attorneys will be looking for, though hopefully most of them get stuck with public defenders.  I can't see republicans coming up with money for them after the fact, like they did to buy them plane tickets to get there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Juries convicted Manafort and Stone. 

Yea, I just don't understand it.  Even a single trumper on those juries would have resulted in a hung jury.  Maybe trumpers really are just too stupid to make it on a jury.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He apparently doesn't understand the idea of keeping a low profile.

Anti-Vaxxer Videotaped Attacking Journalist At Los Angeles Protest Is Linked To Capitol Riot

A Southern California mortgage broker who was photographed attacking a journalist at a Los Angeles anti-vaccination protest also bragged of “taking the Capitol” in a selfie video outside the federal building during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

A man several witnesses identified as Tony Moon was filmed Saturday at an anti-vaccine, anti-mask protest outside Los Angeles City Hall that was attended by a number of known members of the violent Proud Boys group. 

Moon was photographed and videotaped attacking journalist Tina-Desiree Berg. He slung what appeared to be a thermos or water bottle on a strap at Berg “like a weapon,” the journalist told HuffPost. He also ripped off her mask as he attacked her, Berg recounted.

“I thought, ’Whoa, this is way out of line.′ I was thinking how I could protect myself and my equipment,” Berg said. She didn’t report the attack to the police because “they were standing right there and did absolutely nothing.”

Berg said that Moon came for her after she was pointed out to him by one of his friends. She frequently covers such protests and is known to several Proud Boys.

A number of anti-vaxxers deliberately targeted journalists on Saturday. Frank Stoltze, a reporter for National Public Radio station KPCC, was accosted in the middle of an interview, then roughed up, his glasses ripped from his face and kicked. Stoltze said he had never experienced a similar situation in his 30 years working as a journalist. He filed a police complaint.

Moon was videotaped in other disturbing scenes Saturday, including one in which he screamed repeatedly: “Unmask them all!”

Moon talked up freedom and denounced “medical apartheid” in a speech earlier before the anti-vaxx crowd, but that apparently didn’t include the liberty to wear a mask (except those worn to hide identities). The mortgage broker indicated in the speech that he was “blue collar.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

you do not get excused from jury duty for misdemeanor convictions.  If you did half the country would rush out and commit minor crimes so they could get out of jury duty.

That's not necessary at all. Just look right at the judge and say, "I support the fully informed jury amendment."

The bailiff will grab your arm during the word "amendment" and you'll be gone in a flash.

I have jury duty next week and don't intend to take my own advice. I'm always just waiting to see if they put me on a drug war case...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Excoded Tom said:

That's not necessary at all. Just look right at the judge and say, "I support the fully informed jury amendment."

The bailiff will grab your arm during the word "amendment" and you'll be gone in a flash.

I have jury duty next week and don't intend to take my own advice. I'm always just waiting to see if they put me on a drug war case...

That sounds great. Maybe you can get the guy who will sell heroin to your grandkids released.

Opiates aren't -that-addictive, according to one expert source.........

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Excoded Tom said:

That's not necessary at all. Just look right at the judge and say, "I support the fully informed jury amendment."

The bailiff will grab your arm during the word "amendment" and you'll be gone in a flash.

I have jury duty next week and don't intend to take my own advice. I'm always just waiting to see if they put me on a drug war case...

Careful Tom. You wouldn’t want to catch a juror perjury charge. Judges really aren’t lenient when sentencing those, even for those as advanced in years as you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Careful Tom. You wouldn’t want to catch a juror perjury charge. Judges really aren’t lenient when sentencing those, even for those as advanced in years as you. 

He'll just bombard the judge with links to his own PA threads and Reason articles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He'll just bombard the judge with links to his own PA threads and Reason articles.

Maybe the judge will be a dog balls sympathizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

US Capitol rioter sentencing delayed after online sleuths uncover new footage of alleged police assault

The sentencing for one of the January 6 US Capitol rioters was abruptly postponed Wednesday after new videos emerged of the man allegedly fighting with police, an unexpected twist in the case because prosecutors hadn't previously accused him of committing violence that day. 

Robert Reeder of Maryland was charged in February with four misdemeanors. He pleaded guilty to unlawfully demonstrating inside the Capitol and was set to be sentenced on Wednesday afternoon, with prosecutors asking for two months in jail, partially due to his lack of remorse. 

But on Wednesday morning, the online group known as the Sedition Hunters tweeted newly discovered clips and photos, apparently showing Reeder fighting with police on January 6. Sedition Hunters is one of several online collectives, many comprised of anti-Donald Trump activists, who have combed through footage from the Capitol attack to identify rioters. The Justice Department has cited their work in many cases.

Prosecutors said during the truncated hearing that they notified the judge, as well as Reeder's defense attorneys, about the new footage on Wednesday morning. Prosecutors planned to go forward with sentencing and request the maximum six-month jail term, but after reviewing more of the videos, they asked to delay the hearing. He is now scheduled to be sentenced on October 8.

US District Judge Thomas Hogan said he was "concerned" about the new videos because Reeder was previously portrayed as "more as an observer than a participant" in the violence. Reeder's attorney in court said that "on first blush, the clip is problematic" but said there might be other footage that could help his defense arguments. Reeder is seeking a sentence of probation.

"The @SedtitionHunters team are extremely grateful for all the challenging work the FBI and the DOJ are putting into each individual case and their willingness to accept the assistance from our community of researchers," the group told CNN in a statement. "The quick response to last minute discovery of images showing a suspected assault clearly shows the dedication by all involved."

A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment about the case or the new video. 

The plea deal prosecutors signed with Reeder gives the Justice Department a path to charge him with the alleged assault, if it chooses to. It says, "the United States expressly reserves its right to prosecute your client for any crime of violence ... if in fact your client committed or commits such a crime of violence prior to or after the execution of this Agreement."

Reeder is one of the rioters who pleaded guilty but remains defiant about key aspects of the January 6 insurrection. These cases are being watched closely as more rioters learn their punishment for participating in a grave attack on American democracy, and the Justice Department has said it'll seek harsher sentences for unrepentant defendants.

Reeder argued in court filings that he should get probation because he only went in the Capitol to find water after getting pepper sprayed and faulted police for ineffectively guarding the building. He claimed he stayed inside -- even while alarms blared, and police officers squared off with violent rioters -- because he "was struck by the awe and the beauty of the Rotunda."

Prosecutors cited Reeder's apparent lack of remorse as one reason why he should be sentenced to two months in jail. That is a stiffer punishment than most of the other rioters who pleaded guilty to the same misdemeanor. In similar cases involving nonviolent rioters, the Justice Department has asked for house arrest or probation, but never any jail time.

Reeder offered "a self-serving rewrite of history that sought to portray himself as a hapless tourist, absolve himself of any wrongdoing (and) place blame on others," prosecutors wrote their recommendation, where they slammed him for criticizing the police response on January 6.

They also rebuked Reeder for claiming in an April FBI interview that the riot was "a plan to allow people in" so the media could "demonize the Trump people" -- a conspiracy theory that 55% of Republicans believe is true, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that was conducted in April.

In recent court filings, Reeder said he is a registered Democrat who "did not care much for President Trump." But on social media, he was a member of multiple pro-Trump groups on Facebook, wrote that a "civil war is coming," posted memes about the voter-fraud myth, and even submitted an online request to the Supreme Court for an investigation into the election.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Tell us about them being unarmed again, bullshitters. 
 

 

That guy is a bundle of futility - from his choice of career to his political choices.

What a looser.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
42 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Tell us about them being unarmed again, bullshitters. 
 

 

Expand  

Expand  

That guy is a bundle of futility - from his choice of career to his political choices.

What a looser.

Well, we knew these guys were out there, he's one of the pool of Trump anti-BLM stormtroopers.

I'm just glad he didn't shoot anybody; and hope that his career in law enforcement is over.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Claims he didn't go into the Capitol or anywhere near the steps. Might get him off the hook, but he's going to have to find a new job. 

Well, pretty near the steps.

image.png.f090734df05939c30bd6d2e4f92ea810.png

What I think he's gonna get nailed for is lying to the FBI, the coverup so to speak, as well as the gun thing. It's a no no in DC on the Capitol grounds, Heller vs DC notwithstanding (hi Tom!).

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1413286/download

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That sounds great. Maybe you can get the guy who will sell heroin to your grandkids released.

Opiates aren't -that-addictive, according to one expert source.........

- DSK

Portugal is doing better than we are at handling opiates. The stupid drug war is insanely stupid when it comes to the majority of it, which is cannabis, but the smaller parts like the battle against opiates (that brought us the fentanyl problem) are still stupid.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Olsonist said:

What I think he's gonna get nailed for is lying to the FBI, the coverup so to speak, as well as the gun thing. It's a no no in DC on the Capitol grounds, Heller vs DC notwithstanding (hi Tom!).

It is nice that The People are so well regulated that even when hundreds of heavily armed ones engaged in a nincomcoup, they shot exactly no one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

It is nice that The People are so well regulated that even when hundreds of heavily armed ones engaged in a nincomcoup, they shot exactly no one.

Even your drug warrior boy, he didn't actually shoot anyone. So it's just a damned shame that your boy will be losing his drug war job and involuntarily getting some Federal housing for awhile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

It is nice that The People are so well regulated that even when hundreds of heavily armed ones engaged in a nincomcoup, they shot exactly no one.

Perhaps that's because the Congress critters they were seeking to kill had fled in terror.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Perhaps that's because the Congress critters they were seeking to kill had fled in terror.

Yep.  Who does Tommy Gun think they were going to shoot?  The Capitol Police?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yep.  Who does Tommy Gun think they were going to shoot?  The Capitol Police?

I think it was just lucky how it played out. The insurgents with guns are the ones mom warned us about, and the ones who will have little trouble acquiring another when told not to. Most were white guys who have no idea what a patriot is. 

Tom's in a bit of a bind here and all he has is no one was shot with a gun that wasn't supposed to be in DC. My fave is the guy in the nearby motel with his cache of long guns. Think I'll check with Jules if cable is out in Punta Gorda ... otherwise methinks Attention-Seeking Tom is trying to pull a fast one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly Congress, and ymmv with respect to “storming,” but

“Police say man in pickup near Library of Congress claims he has a bomb”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-explosive-truck-report-capitol-20210819-ctqfawlvs5go3joegpi2ku5vti-story.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

"... definitely not going to jail. Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail... I did nothing wrong."

Real estate agent who asked Trump for a pardon pleads guilty in Capitol riot

A Texas real estate agent who went viral after asking former President Donald Trump to pardon her for storming the Capitol pleaded guilty Thursday to a misdemeanor for her role in the riot.

Jenna Ryan, 51, pleaded guilty to illegally demonstrating inside the Capitol building on January 6. She agreed to pay $500 in restitution for damage done to the Capitol during the riot. Prosecutors have cut the same deal for other low-level defendants who weren't violent or destructive inside the building.

She could face a sentence of up to six months in prison, according to her agreement with prosecutors read at her plea hearing on Thursday, though it is likely Ryan will be ordered to serve much less, or even no jail time, when she is sentenced in November.

Ryan's plea comes as prosecutors ramp up efforts to resolve cases against defendants that face lesser charges, with four more defendants scheduled to plead guilty this week.

In March, Ryan tweeted that she is "definitely not going to jail. Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail... I did nothing wrong." Though defendants are not required to show remorse, federal prosecutors have said in other cases they're looking for contrition from the insurrectionists, and it could persuade a judge to show leniency at sentencing.

In the days after the attack, Ryan stayed defiant. She tweeted, "We just stormed the Capital. It was one of the best days of my life," prosecutors say, and told a Dallas TV station that she deserved a pardon from Trump.

But a few weeks later, Ryan told the Washington Post that she "bought into the lie" and "I regret everything."

"Not one patriot is standing up for me," Ryan told the Washington Post. "I'm a complete villain. I was down there based on what my president said. 'Stop the steal.' Now I see that it was all over nothing. He was just having us down there for an ego boost. I was there for him."

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

"... definitely not going to jail. Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail... I did nothing wrong."

Real estate agent who asked Trump for a pardon pleads guilty in Capitol riot

A Texas real estate agent who went viral after asking former President Donald Trump to pardon her for storming the Capitol pleaded guilty Thursday to a misdemeanor for her role in the riot.

Jenna Ryan, 51, pleaded guilty to illegally demonstrating inside the Capitol building on January 6. She agreed to pay $500 in restitution for damage done to the Capitol during the riot. Prosecutors have cut the same deal for other low-level defendants who weren't violent or destructive inside the building.

She could face a sentence of up to six months in prison, according to her agreement with prosecutors read at her plea hearing on Thursday, though it is likely Ryan will be ordered to serve much less, or even no jail time, when she is sentenced in November.

Ryan's plea comes as prosecutors ramp up efforts to resolve cases against defendants that face lesser charges, with four more defendants scheduled to plead guilty this week.

In March, Ryan tweeted that she is "definitely not going to jail. Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail... I did nothing wrong." Though defendants are not required to show remorse, federal prosecutors have said in other cases they're looking for contrition from the insurrectionists, and it could persuade a judge to show leniency at sentencing.

In the days after the attack, Ryan stayed defiant. She tweeted, "We just stormed the Capital. It was one of the best days of my life," prosecutors say, and told a Dallas TV station that she deserved a pardon from Trump.

But a few weeks later, Ryan told the Washington Post that she "bought into the lie" and "I regret everything."

"Not one patriot is standing up for me," Ryan told the Washington Post. "I'm a complete villain. I was down there based on what my president said. 'Stop the steal.' Now I see that it was all over nothing. He was just having us down there for an ego boost. I was there for him."

I love how she feigns contrition and then whines because "Not one patriot is standing up for me". 

Which is it?  You were wrong, or you want support in defending your actions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

She could face a sentence of up to six months in prison, according to her agreement with prosecutors read at her plea hearing on Thursday, though it is likely Ryan will be ordered to serve much less, or even no jail time, when she is sentenced in November.

That's a fucking crime right there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Well, pretty near the steps.

image.png.f090734df05939c30bd6d2e4f92ea810.png

What I think he's gonna get nailed for is lying to the FBI, the coverup so to speak, as well as the gun thing. It's a no no in DC on the Capitol grounds, Heller vs DC notwithstanding (hi Tom!).

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1413286/download

I think being a federal LE officer himself will seriously compromises that weapons-on-federal-property charge. My guess is he's going to skate on that. If it goes to the jury it's a fair bet the jury will be encouraged to view the loss of his career in LE is damage enough done.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I think being a federal LE officer himself will seriously compromises that weapons-on-federal-property charge. My guess is he's going to skate on that. If it goes to the jury it's a fair bet the jury will be encouraged to view the loss of his career in LE is damage enough done.    

Loss of career? He'll probably get a promotion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I love how she feigns contrition and then whines because "Not one patriot is standing up for me". 

Which is it?  You were wrong, or you want support in defending your actions?

Think she’s pissed that her jet owner Trump supporting moran didn’t come to her aid after a great weekend where she put out. Because nobody rides for free.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mo Brooks continues to be a horrible person.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/al-rep-mo-brooks-gets-absolutely-blasted-for-tweeting-i-understand-citizenry-anger-in-response-to-capitol-bomb-threat/

Although this terrorist’s motivation is not yet publicly known,” wrote Brooks, “and generally speaking, I understand citizenry anger directed at dictatorial Socialism and its threat to liberty, freedom and the very fabric of American society. The way to stop Socialism’s march is for patriotic Americans to fight back in the 2022 and 2024 elections. I strongly encourage patriotic Americans to do exactly that more so than ever before. Bluntly stated, America’s future is at risk.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

That's a fucking crime right there. 

Judges seem to be getting wise to the false "contrition" spiels by the insurrectionists.  They are taking post sentencing bragging and posturing into account.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Would you look at that, Bullshitters. There’s nothing like Bullshitter regret. Jenna Ryan done turned RINO!

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/568593-texas-woman-who-took-private-plane-to-jan-6-riot-pleads-guilty

 

Hopefully, that $500 fine goes way up. 

Wasn't another judge asking why taxpayers are footing most of the damages they caused?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Think she’s pissed that her jet owner Trump supporting moran didn’t come to her aid after a great weekend where she put out. Because nobody rides for free.

Earlier articles indicate that the trip was, in fact, a booty call.  Cougars gotta hunt.

 

3769574915_25c0c143b0_o.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Mo Brooks continues to be a horrible person.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/al-rep-mo-brooks-gets-absolutely-blasted-for-tweeting-i-understand-citizenry-anger-in-response-to-capitol-bomb-threat/

Although this terrorist’s motivation is not yet publicly known,” wrote Brooks, “and generally speaking, I understand citizenry anger directed at dictatorial Socialism and its threat to liberty, freedom and the very fabric of American society. The way to stop Socialism’s march is for patriotic Americans to fight back in the 2022 and 2024 elections. I strongly encourage patriotic Americans to do exactly that more so than ever before. Bluntly stated, America’s future is at risk.”

these fucknuggets are driving all kinds of weird conversations on FB. HS Friend, posts the Social Security is Socialism little poster, no biggie.

Damn - the RWNJs come out of the woodwork on full attack mode. Its CAPITALISM! (uhh, no, not really), OUR BOYS DIED IN VIETNAM TO FIGHT SOCIALISM (umm, yeah, no, that's night quite right either)

These dumbasses really don't know anything but to be angry with the left. They don't know why.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark K said:

I think being a federal LE officer himself will seriously compromises that weapons-on-federal-property charge. My guess is he's going to skate on that. If it goes to the jury it's a fair bet the jury will be encouraged to view the loss of his career in LE is damage enough done.    

He already lied to los Feds about his gun once. So I'm not certain that that professional courtesy is going to be extended to a probational employee, strike that, former probational employee. His best bet by far is to accept his responsibility now and whatever los Feds offer because if he wants to roll the dice, take this to court and smile at the jury, he might end up getting hard time at a Federal Pound Them In The Ass Correctional Institution not of his choosing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

He already lied to los Feds about his gun once. So I'm not certain that that professional courtesy is going to be extended to a probational employee, strike that, former probational employee. His best bet by far is to accept his responsibility now and whatever los Feds offer because if he wants to roll the dice, take this to court and smile at the jury, he might end up getting hard time at a Federal Pound Them In The Ass Correctional Institution not of his choosing.

It's more than professional curtesy. LE officers are encouraged to bear their firearms at all times.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Hopefully, that $500 fine goes way up. 

Wasn't another judge asking why taxpayers are footing most of the damages they caused?

That's probably the maximum fine allowed for what they were charged with.  I think the judge was asking why they weren't being charged with more serious and/or a greater number of things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mark K said:

It's more than professional curtesy. LE officers are encouraged to bear their firearms at all times.  

However, the Capitol Complex has its own laws and even being off duty LE doesn't confer a privilege.

https://www.uscp.gov/visiting-capitol-hill/official-business/law-enforcement-personnel

I just think this guy is a moron and moreover has a moron for a lawyer. But I don't feel bad about this.

Another complication. He had submitted his resignation but was still DEA on Jan 6th. Strange timeline.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

However, the Capitol Complex has its own laws and even being off duty LE doesn't confer a privilege.

https://www.uscp.gov/visiting-capitol-hill/official-business/law-enforcement-personnel

I just think this guy is a moron and moreover has a moron for a lawyer. But I don't feel bad about this.

Another complication. He had submitted his resignation but was still DEA on Jan 6th. Strange timeline.

   When did he submit his resignation? His lawyer on Tucker Carlson left a distinct impression he'd been fired by the DEA immediately after they found out he was involved in the protest. No wonder, considering that shot of him flashing his badge and sidearm there. 

  His defense that he was there because an FBI informant invited him did not impress the DEA, nosireebob. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mark K said:

   When did he submit his resignation? His lawyer on Tucker Carlson left a distinct impression he'd been fired by the DEA immediately after they found out he was involved in the protest. No wonder, considering that shot of him flashing his badge and sidearm there. 

  His defense that he was there because an FBI informant invited him did not impress the DEA, nosireebob. 

'several weeks prior'. I have no idea what this means. Guy's a nut. Also, I don't think just because he submitted his resignation he couldn't be fired.

image.thumb.png.b6d35263c588b5d10d88b06d1e21084b.png

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1413286/download

As for his gun, he's gonna get convicted of a federal felony, not a state felony, a federal felony. I think because of the Gun Control Act of 1968, he won't be owning a gun for the duration. That's why I'd like all of them to get felonies if at all possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

'several weeks prior'. I have no idea what this means. Guy's a nut. Also, I don't think just because he submitted his resignation he couldn't be fired.

image.thumb.png.b6d35263c588b5d10d88b06d1e21084b.png

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1413286/download

As for his gun, he's gonna get convicted of a federal felony, not a state felony, a federal felony. I think because of the Gun Control Act of 1968, he won't be owning a gun for the duration. That's why I'd like all of them to get felonies if at all possible.

  He is a weird dude. However agents are encouraged to pack heat while off-duty, and he was still technically a DEA agent.  I still think he will skate on the weapons charge. Still on the hook for trespassing, I guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

We'll see. That's why they play the football game. He actually has two gun charges in the indictment. I think he gets hammered.

As he should.  Government officials should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The_Real_XYZ said:

As he should.  Government officials should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one.

That and the fact that he tried to overthrow that government.

Link to post
Share on other sites