Jump to content

Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I think that's rather contemptuous of the court.

- DSK

It’s rank bullshittery. Judges always respond well to that stuff. They know that they don’t really have a serious job to do, so they love it when bullshitters mock them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

If you are attempting to minimize the event that interrupted a electoral vote count, and maimed people for life, then your are either delusional or are an asshole. My money is on you being an ass

Posted Images

On 9/10/2021 at 12:35 PM, SloopJonB said:

Fucking with elections has consequences.

In Canada, maybe, but not here.  An entire political party has proven that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jocal505 said:

 

Capitol Rioter Demands Court Pay $5 Million If He Is 'Forced to Give Bodily Fluids'

 

Bochene is said to equate representing himself in court to doing "business" and is demanding a fee of $10,000 per 30-minute court appearance, or $50,000 if the appearance is "under duress." For each hour of research, he says the court must pay him $500, or $50,000 under duress.

The largest fees, all due within 15 days of invoice, are penalties— reportedly $6 million to be paid if he believes there was an attempt to forge a signature or, bizarrely, $5 million for an unexplained "forced giving of bodily fluids."

"You want to do business with me? ... These are my prices," Bochene told the paper. "I don't think there's any evidence that a man can be forced to labor and spend time without compensation... I'm representing myself, so a lot of work gets put into this."

(…) Bochene is currently free on bond and his case is awaiting a status conference on October 29. He told the Post-Standard that he is uncertain whether he will participate in further hearings if the court does not take the unprecedented step of giving in to his demands for millions in payment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/capitol-rioter-demands-court-pay-5-million-if-he-is-forced-to-give-bodily-fluids/ar-AAOpqak?ocid=msedgntp>

Did he drive to court or did he travel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Sometimes. But pay attention, BC: the part they (reason.com) won't touch upon, the oligarchies in the USA, will be the end of us. I trust Al Jazeera far more than reason.com. :o

No biggie - AJ was modeled on the Beeb.

If it wasn't a bunch of darkie Mooslim wogs running it no-one would think twice about its accuracy.

I've watched it some and it is a fuck of a lot more reliable than many, maybe even most American news organizations.

Watched a great documentary they did on WW I from the Arab perspective. Very straight and factual, not a bunch of whiny BS or revisionist history.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

"The government notes that the defendant’s motion consist largely of frivolous assertions well-calculated to waste the Court’s time"

 

 

Exactly. Sounds like our bullshitters here. Frivolous assertions well-calculated to waste our time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
48 minutes ago, Mike G said:

"The government notes that the defendant’s motion consist largely of frivolous assertions well-calculated to waste the Court’s time"

 

 

Expand  Expand  

Exactly. Sounds like our bullshitters here. Frivolous assertions well-calculated to waste our time. 

Wouldn't it be cool if we could charge The Elk with contempt and/or perjury and hit them with big fines and jail time?

The ignore button just isn't as satisfying as that would be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

A crack whore super patriot.

Alleged Oath Keeper leader jailed in Capitol riot conspiracy case

She really looks like she’s not taking this too well, Wait till she hears TFG is suffering no consequences yet at all, she is gonna be pissed.

The bonus is she’s prolly found a nice girlfriend…

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That’s some peaceful tourist, eh bullshitters?

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/572464-second-oath-keeper-in-capitol-riot-conspiracy-case-pleads-guilty

pleaded guilty to conspiracy. And he is cooperating. I wonder what the conspiracy could be….

To take a group tour?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That’s some peaceful tourist, eh bullshitters?

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/572464-second-oath-keeper-in-capitol-riot-conspiracy-case-pleads-guilty

pleaded guilty to conspiracy. And he is cooperating. I wonder what the conspiracy could be….

I guess he’s not so good at oath keeping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

A crack whore super patriot.

Alleged Oath Keeper leader jailed in Capitol riot conspiracy case

I saw her riding a bike, alongside the highway, carrying a fishing pole. 

Pretty common sight around these here parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 7:57 AM, Blue Crab said:
On 9/14/2021 at 4:13 AM, jocal505 said:

Sometimes. But pay attention, BC: the part they (reason.com) won't touch upon, the oligarchies in the USA, will be the end of us. I trust Al Jazeera far more than reason.com. :o

Tom? 

We can bring the rigors of modern political science to bear to evaluate this.

Overall, we rate Al Jazeera Left-Center biased, based on story selection that slightly favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to failed fact checks that were not corrected and misleading extreme editorial bias that favors Qatar.

So, debunked. Reason, OTOH,

Overall, we rate Reason Magazine Right-Center biased based on story selection that favors Libertarian positions and High for factual reporting due to mostly proper sourcing, and a clean fact check record.

Lots of people around here rely on debunked media sources and deride ones with a clean fact check record. I can't explain it. It just is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, apparently Trumpers and Qbots are coming to DC to rally in support of the Jan/6 insurrectionists whom they claimed at the time were BLM and ANTIFA agitators.  lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

So, apparently Trumpers and Qbots are coming to DC to rally in support of the Jan/6 insurrectionists whom they claimed at the time were BLM and ANTIFA agitators.  lol.

Congress isn’t in session this weekend so even if they get in the building, they won’t find any liberals to kill, though they can still shit on the place and beat cops. 
 

Put sharpshooters at the Capitol and the DC Jail. Problem SOLved. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow I doubt any future response will be as "measured" as the 6th.

Full and spare magazines for all the cops next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

We can bring the rigors of modern political science to bear to evaluate this.

Overall, we rate Al Jazeera Left-Center biased, based on story selection that slightly favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to failed fact checks that were not corrected and misleading extreme editorial bias that favors Qatar.

So, debunked. Reason, OTOH,

Overall, we rate Reason Magazine Right-Center biased based on story selection that favors Libertarian positions and High for factual reporting due to mostly proper sourcing, and a clean fact check record.

Lots of people around here rely on debunked media sources and deride ones with a clean fact check record. I can't explain it. It just is.

 

You are a supporter of American oligarchy, and reason.com is your daily scripture, your daily driver, and your daily voice. Scary shit, mate. You go straight to their rag every morning, attain the Koch rapture thing, then you go all gospel on us.

I repeat: I trust Al Jazeera as a more valuable (and more transparent) source than reason.com.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

So, apparently Trumpers and Qbots are coming to DC to rally in support of the Jan/6 insurrectionists whom they claimed at the time were BLM and ANTIFA agitators.  lol.

AND are instructing their attendees to NOT wear MAGA garb this time (presumably so that any violence can be blamed more credibly on ANTIFA or BLM or whatever leftie scapegoat they find handy).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read much if any Al Jazeera. I have read Reason because Tom posts it here every day. Reason is generally factually correct in what they write. If they say X happened then I'm pretty confident that X did actually happen. However if Y happened as well and Y happening isn't convenient to their argument then it's very common for Y to be left out.

Case in point was Tom's Reason malarkey about Newsom's behested donations. Nothing in the article is excruciatingly wrong. It even begrudgingly points out that the donations were mostly for Covid relief.

However, it doesn't point out that Kevin Faulconer was big on behested donations while Mayor of San Diego because it wasn't convenient for them to point out that Republicans do the same thing.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/story/2021-01-10/over-final-year-in-office-faulconer-solicited-the-most-donations-ever-records-show

It didn't point this out because the article wasn't really about behested donations at all. It was really about the California recall. Indeed Tom posted it in the CA recall thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Reason is generally factually correct in what they write. If they say X happened then I'm pretty confident that X did actually happen. However if Y happened as well and Y happening isn't convenient to their argument then it's very common for Y to be left out.

Dishonesty, by intention, using omission as the key mechanism. No big-picture wisdom is presented, just an agenda. 

Blind men and an elephant - Wikipedia 

Is an elephant like a rope, or like a tree trunk? The answer is neither...but open your eyes to get the answer.

The Buddhist text Udana 6.4,[3] contains one of the earliest versions of the story. It is dated to around c. 500 BCE, during the lifetime of the Buddha, although the parable is likely older than the Buddhist text.[4

Link to post
Share on other sites

‘It’s Embarrassing’: Florida Doc Who Confused Capitol For White House Takes Jan. 6 Plea Deal

Kenneth Kelly, a Florida doctor who entered the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge on Friday as part of a plea deal with the federal government.

Kelly, who texted that he was “Inside the White house via breaking in windows,” admitted that he “paraded, demonstrated, and picketed in a Capitol Building.” Three other misdemeanor charges ― entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct, and violent entry and disorderly conduct ― will be dropped at Kelly’s sentencing as part of a plea deal with the federal government.

Kelly told U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly that he stayed at former President Donald Trump’s Jan. 6 rally “from start to finish” and admitted that he entered the U.S. Capitol knowing it was a secure building.

Kelly told the judge it was a mistake to call the Capitol Building the White House.

“I probably didn’t have the education to name the building correctly, it’s embarrassing to say,” Kelly said.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

‘It’s Embarrassing’: Florida Doc Who Confused Capitol For White House Takes Jan. 6 Plea Deal

Kenneth Kelly, a Florida doctor who entered the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge on Friday as part of a plea deal with the federal government.

Kelly, who texted that he was “Inside the White house via breaking in windows,” admitted that he “paraded, demonstrated, and picketed in a Capitol Building.” Three other misdemeanor charges ― entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct, and violent entry and disorderly conduct ― will be dropped at Kelly’s sentencing as part of a plea deal with the federal government.

Kelly told U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly that he stayed at former President Donald Trump’s Jan. 6 rally “from start to finish” and admitted that he entered the U.S. Capitol knowing it was a secure building.

Kelly told the judge it was a mistake to call the Capitol Building the White House.

“I probably didn’t have the education to name the building correctly, it’s embarrassing to say,” Kelly said.

 

Goll Durn. Being in the Preznit’s street army is tough, ain’t it bullshitters? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course he's a grifter.  He follows TFG.  Turns out he's also a REMF.

Oath Keepers founder draws scrutiny from federal officials and followers

It depends on who’s talking.

To some, Stewart Rhodes is a paramilitary commander enlisting thousands of foot soldiers to overthrow the government.

To others, he’s a couch-surfing grifter — and the most shocking thing about the involvement of his Oath Keepers group in the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol was that some members actually showed up.

 To federal prosecutors, Rhodes, 56, is “Person One,” which is how he is referenced in court filings for roughly 22 Oath Keepers associates charged in connection with the Capitol attack, including 18 who are accused of conspiracy in the largest single indictment of the probe. Five have pleaded guilty.

In the prosecution’s timeline, Rhodes coordinated with participants, allegedly giving advice about what weapons to bring and speaking with one who was part of the “stack” formation implemented moments before the group charged into the Capitol — one of the most salient images of the day.

Still, Rhodes stayed outside the building. And for all his fiery words, there is no public evidence that shows him giving direct orders for Oath Keepers to enter. Eight months later, he remains free and uncharged.

 “This is where I think he used his legal training to think about: ‘What’s the line? Where can I go? What’s safe, what’s not safe?’ ” said Sam Jackson, an extremism scholar whose book “Oath Keepers” traces Rhodes’s path from Army paratrooper to Yale Law graduate to one of the most visible figures of the right-wing anti-government movement.

Rhodes did not respond to an interview request. He repeatedly has denied any plans to enter the Capitol and previously told The Washington Post that Oath Keepers associates who did go in “went totally off mission.”

As the weeks tick by with no indictment, theories swirl: Did Rhodes outfox the authorities by staying just inside legal bounds? Are prosecutors still gathering evidence from Oath Keepers defendants — including a self-described founding member — who have agreed to cooperate? Or, as his detractors within the anti-government movement have alleged, is there something suspicious about the fact that Rhodes has not been charged?

“The only reason Stewart Rhodes is not in jail *right now* is because of a deliberate decision by the Justice Department to protect him,” the right-wing outlet Revolver declared in a June 30 article that accuses Rhodes of working with authorities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Looks like those storming the Capitol had sympathizers in the US Capitol Police.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/politics/capitol-police-officers-concerns-january-6-documents/index.html

 

I'd heard rumblings about it.  Earlier today I heard a report about this revelation (from your link) -

Other documents reviewed by CNN provide previously undisclosed details in the cases of several officers recommended for disciplinary action, including one officer who was turned in to the FBI by a long-time friend concerned that the officer had disclosed the secret location where members of Congress were whisked on January 6.

These guys need to be strung up by their balls.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The build up is getting a bit tiring.

Any hints of first blood? Like serious verdicts? And then on to the white collar participants and enablers? 45 and his extended gang?

Seriously, so far literally nothing came from the 6/1 investigations but small time convictions. People have been hit harder by the law for holding up a liquor store, damnit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

These guys need to be strung up by their balls.

I think we're going to need a bigger ball of string.

15 hours ago, Grog said:

The build up is getting a bit tiring.

Any hints of first blood? Like serious verdicts? And then on to the white collar participants and enablers? 45 and his extended gang?

Seriously, so far literally nothing came from the 6/1 investigations but small time convictions. People have been hit harder by the law for holding up a liquor store, damnit.

I'm afraid we're asking complicit people to eat their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has phase 2 started yet, or is Meal team J6 still shoveling down breakfast at the waffle house?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be funny if the Capitol Police positioned all the porta-potties on the inside of the fence, and allow 1 protester at a time through the gate to use them. Watching a crowd of recently fed fat guys with a gut full of battery acid coffee...

It wouldn't be pretty, but it'd be funny as hell.:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Exactly. Sounds like our bullshitters here. Frivolous assertions well-calculated to waste our time. 

Sol, I'm just curious what you would be doing here if all of our bullshitters weren't wasting your time? 

Reposted so you can concentrate on the question and not be distracted by a typo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Admit it:  Most of us here would like to see a little ass kickin' by the boys in blue today.

More than a little

Link to post
Share on other sites

What they needed was a leader.

Hope they remembered to turn their cell phones off.

We should probably thank them for showing up, with all the cameras there the feds will be adding their sorry fat asses the the growing database.

So winning and owning the libs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chum said:

Sol, I'm just curious what you would be doing here if all of our bullshitters weren't wasting your time? 

Reposted so you can concentrate on the question and not be distracted by a typo. 

I wont speak for Sol, but personally....

It's nice to come in here and see what you stupid fuckers are thinking, while not having to hold back the projectile vomit that would happen if I had to deal with people like you face to face.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, dfw_sailor said:

I wont speak for Sol, but personally....

It's nice to come in here and see what you stupid fuckers are thinking, while not having to hold back the projectile vomit that would happen if I had to deal with people like you face to face.

Thanks for your input.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So this time the police have guns and clear direction.  

Call it 300 people stumped up. With a population of 300 odd million, that 0.00001%.

What happened to all the fucking patriots now? 

Pathetic. These are the gutless fucks that decent folk begrudgingly respected enough to give a voice to, and in return they they took the office of President and even the concept of what is 'American' and shat all over it.  

Then run and hide like vermin. 

What a fascinating period in history. At least to bear witness to, am so glad I'm not living it. .    

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
While Roger Stone was live on the air this morning with ‘Real Talk 93.3’ (St Louis) doing an interview about the 2024 election, he gets served by a process server with the January 6 lawsuit. (Audio)
 
 
Embedded video
1:26
554.2K views
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
R0cKz3Gc_x96.jpg
 
Replying to
You’ve been served.
 
 
Image
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sounds like they disagree with the release of "GITMO killers".  Who did that?  Remind me.

And, what's a "proteser"?

2089044410_ScreenShot2021-09-18at2_59_02PM.thumb.jpg.a75922abc624449b5d09dd098da86470.jpg

A professional tester, like Laura Looker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Check out Matt Braynard, organizer of the "J6 Didn't Mean Nuthin'" rally.  I've cued it up where he is dismissing the fears of violence, with a guy close by that looks like an NFL defensive lineman.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
14 hours ago, benwynn said:

1E8sla-tN1IQ3BbtRcbNDTpPd3WuXnGPmQ3l-lnB

Expand  Expand  

A better caption might be: "Don't piss him off, he knows how to heal you and he knows how to hurt you"

- DSK

Reminds me of a Bogie/Marlowe line;

"What do you think he'll do"?

"Beat my teeth in then kick me in the stomach for mumbling".

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, benwynn said:

 

Check out Matt Braynard, organizer of the "J6 Didn't Mean Nuthin'" rally.  I've cued it up where he is dismissing the fears of violence, with a guy close by that looks like an NFL defensive lineman.

 

These guys have an amazing gift of bullshit.  Probably why TFG hired him in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Sounds like they disagree with the release of "GITMO killers".  Who did that?  Remind me.

And, what's a "proteser"?

2089044410_ScreenShot2021-09-18at2_59_02PM.thumb.jpg.a75922abc624449b5d09dd098da86470.jpg

Somebody get that proteser a hamberder and hot cup of cofeve.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, benwynn said:
On 9/19/2021 at 1:06 PM, Bus Driver said:

Sounds like they disagree with the release of "GITMO killers".  Who did that?  Remind me.

And, what's a "proteser"?

2089044410_ScreenShot2021-09-18at2_59_02PM.thumb.jpg.a75922abc624449b5d09dd098da86470.jpg

Expand  

Somebody get that proteser a hamberder and hot cup of cofeve.

COVFEFE……. Get it rite!

Link to post
Share on other sites