Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

I can think of more than a few Congressman and Senators who had their day ruined when they read this.

Schiff: Jan. 6 investigation going 'straight to subpoenas' in some cases

The select panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection is preparing to issue immediate subpoenas to witnesses whom the panel expects to resist cooperation, one Democratic member said Tuesday.

"In some cases, we're making requests we think will be complied with," Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), chair of the House Intelligence Committee, told reporters. "In other cases, we're going straight to subpoenas where we think we're dealing with recalcitrant witnesses." 

It's a sharp break from previous practices in recent House investigations, including the impeachment of Donald Trump that Schiff led in 2019, when committees gave potential witnesses weeks to voluntarily comply before issuing subpoenas. Schiff said the change is an acknowledgment of the short timeline that the Jan. 6 panel faces to try to unearth details about the Trump White House's role in the Capitol attack and the former president's attempts to subvert the 2020 election results. 

The committee is going to "forgo some of the time-consuming steps" that have dogged previous investigations, Schiff added, Compared with the independent 9/11 Commission two decades ago, he said, the Jan. 6 panel is moving with "great rapidity." 

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/schiff-jan-6-investigation-going-straight-to-subpoenas-in-some-cases/ar-AAOFOtb 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

The judge was rather eloquent in his denial of bail.   https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/02/22/marion-county-couple-accused-of-plotting-with-oath-keepers-during-capitol-riot-denied-bai

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Olsonist said:

That there is the operational definition of white privilege.

“Definitely not going to jail,” Ryan wrote. “Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail. Sorry to rain on your hater parade. I did nothing wrong.”

-Jenna Ryan, Dallas Real Estate Agent

8 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

“Definitely not going to jail,” Ryan wrote. “Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail. Sorry to rain on your hater parade. I did nothing wrong.”

-Jenna Ryan, Dallas Real Estate Agent

Blonde hair, eh?  
How much you was a bet the carpet doesn’t match the drapes?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Blonde hair, eh?  
How much you was a bet the carpet doesn’t match the drapes?

A buck 420.....

A person like that probably either has her snatch shaved to look like a pre-teen, or peroxided to match her butt hole.

10 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

A buck 420.....

A person like that probably either has her snatch shaved to look like a pre-teen, or peroxided to match her butt hole.

This is why many people avoid PA. 

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:
10 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

A buck 420.....

This is why many people avoid PA. 

If that comment is enough to scare them off, I am glad I never sailed offshore with them.

That comment is tame.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

If that comment is enough to scare them off, I am glad I never sailed offshore with them.

That comment is tame.

Last I looked the subject wasn't sailing offshore. Do you evaluate all remarks that same way?

It's much worse than tame, it's needlessly coarse among any group of people beyond prisoners in the drunk tank or a 9th grade daisy ring. It's completely out of place here. And you know it just as well as I do.

Personally, I don't want the few brave women posters we have reading misogynistic shit like that but by now all 3 or 4 of them have. What was lefty's point? 

We all know he doesn't have one that he can articulate. It's frustration and anger. And not to put too fine a point on it, like Meatloaf and several others ... maybe folks need to keep some of those not-for-prime-time thoughts to themselves.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Last I looked the subject wasn't sailing offshore. Do you evaluate all remarks that same way?

It's much worse than tame, it's needlessly coarse among any group of people beyond prisoners in the drunk tank or a 9th grade daisy ring. It's completely out of place here. And you know it just as well as I do.

Personally, I don't want the few brave women posters we have reading misogynistic shit like that but by now all 3 or 4 of them have. What was lefty's point? 

We all know he doesn't have one that he can articulate. It's frustration and anger. And not to put too fine a point on it, like Meatloaf and several others ... maybe folks need to keep some of those not-for-prime-time thoughts to themselves.

Lighten up, Francis.  Or, is it Frances?

This is Political Anarchy.  You are looking for Politically Correct Anarchy.  It's three doors down, on the left.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 1.06.20 PM.png

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

This is Political Anarchy.  You are looking for Politically Correct Anarchy.  It's three doors down, on the left.

I'm here for the politics.  Wish we had more more of them and fewer bleached buttholes and hardwood-floor vaginas. 

In the flow of a fun conversation ... really anything goes ... but the anger and outright hatred we see here daily is a bummer. 

YMMV but I don't think it does. 

Bullshitters gotta start recruiting smarter bullshitters.

‘Any Fallout U Think I Should Be Aware Of?’ Capitol Defendant Texted FBI Days After Riot

A New Jersey man arrested this week in connection with the Capitol riot texted a FBI special agent two days after the Jan. 6 attack asking if there would be any “fallout” from his actions.

Mick Chan was arrested on Tuesday, according to court records. A FBI affidavit unsealed Wednesday states that Chan contacted a FBI special agent — whose phone number he got from a mutual friend — on Jan. 8, asking whether he could expect any consequences before he posted about participating in the riot on Facebook.

“Someone about to post on my behalf thru fb… I’ll be known publicly that I’ve entered Capitol,” Chan wrote, according to the affidavit. “Any fallout u think I should be aware of?”

Chan allegedly told the FBI at the time that he “broke into, well, air quotes, broke into” the Capitol, and that others had already broken in before he entered. Chan claimed he believed that the Trump rally preceding the Capitol breach was infiltrated and that members of antifa and Black Lives Matter were the ones who led the charge into the Capitol.

Months later, when the FBI interviewed him in June, Chan allegedly told special agents that he entered the Capitol with “journalistic intent.” But images uncovered by the FBI showed Chan appearing to lift a police barricade outside of the Capitol, and footage showed him flipping off a surveillance camera when he entered the Capitol building.

Chan apparently went to the Capitol with an associate and her mother, and he first came to the FBI’s attention when he was tagged in a Facebook post by his associate that referred to getting massages at a hotel in the D.C. suburbs after the Capitol attack. 

“After all the tear gas and rubber bullets shot at us, this massage today was like heaven on earth!” the Facebook post stated. “Thank you Jesus for my masseuse!”

During his June interview with the FBI, Chan said that he was considering joining a class action lawsuit over law enforcement’s use of tear gas on Jan. 6, when thousands of Trump supporters were illegally on Capitol grounds that had been cordoned off by law enforcement. 

Chan faces four misdemeanor charges in connection with the riot. 

Another dumb bullshitter...

‘Outrageous’: Judge Lays Into Trump-Loving Deputy Who Wore ‘Sheriff’ Patch On Jan. 6

A federal judge criticized a Capitol attack defendant and sworn officer who was working for a Tennessee sheriff’s office when he faced off against law enforcement on Jan. 6 while wearing a “Sheriff” patch on his vest. 

Ronald Colton McAbee, known to online sleuths investigating the Jan. 6 attack as #ThreePercentSheriff because of the insignia he wore representing the far-right cause, was arrested in mid-August. A federal magistrate judge in Tennessee ordered McAbee released with conditions, including to “refrain from using any social media or other websites related to insurrection activity.” But federal prosecutors filed an emergency appeal of the judge’s ruling, and the matter was reviewed during a hearing before U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan on Wednesday.

Sullivan called McAbee’s decision to wear a “Sheriff” patch while he attempted to storm Congress on Jan. 6 “outrageous” and said videos apparently showing McAbee attacking officers were “very disturbing.” While McAbee’s defense attorney maintained that McAbee was offering assistance to one officer and only pushed another officer after the officer pushed him, Sullivan said it “appears clearly to this court” that the video showed McAbee pulling an officer into the violent mob.

Sullivan also questioned how a law enforcement officer who took part in the Jan. 6 attack could be trusted to obey restrictions imposed upon him by a judge.

“He’s raised his right hand, probably put his left hand on the Bible, more than once and swore to administer justice,” Sullivan said. “If he didn’t do that on Jan. 6, how can the court take any comfort in knowing that he will abide by the court’s directives to do certain things going forward?”

The government argued that McAbee couldn’t be trusted and had used his status as a law enforcement officer to attempt to breach the police line on Jan. 6.

“Frankly, this is a defendant who has taken oaths before. He swore oaths in multiple sheriffs’ offices that he would uphold the law,” argued Assistant U.S. Attorney Benet Kearney, one of the federal prosecutors on the case. “This is someone who uses his badge and authority when it works for him, and disregards it when it does not.”

Kearney said that McAbee “saw no conflict between his oath to uphold the law and abide by the law and what he did on Jan. 6.”

In court filings ahead of the hearing, the U.S. government argued that McAbee “dressed in a manner that indicates that he anticipated violence at the Capitol” by purchasing “metal-knuckled gloves,” wearing a tactical vest, and arming himself with a baton on the scene.

“The defendant’s ready participation in these violent assaults on police officers, while he himself was a sheriff’s deputy, and his attempted use [of] that status to obtain special treatment is powerful evidence of his lack of regard for legal authority,” the government argued. 

The FBI said that McAbee was employed by the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office from November 2020 until March 2021. He previously worked at the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office in Georgia.

Multiple law enforcement officials have been charged in connection with the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, which has resulted in more than 600 arrests so far. The FBI has hundreds more arrests in the works. 

Sullivan did not immediately rule on whether McAbee will remain detained until trial but said he could not just forget what he saw with his own eyes in the videos presented by the government. 

McAbee, who was charged as part of a criminal conspiracy alongside Trump-loving bodybuilder Logan Barnhart and Trump supporter Jack Wade Whitton (who bragged he “fed” an officer “to the people” on Jan. 6), faces several counts, including inflicting bodily injury on officers; assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers; obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder, along with a host of misdemeanors. Whitton and co-defendants Jeffrey Sabol and Peter Stager are detained until trial.

At McAbee’s detention hearing in Tennessee, federal authorities revealed the name of a friend of McAbee’s who is 266-AFO on the FBI’s Capitol Violence page, meaning he’s wanted for assault on federal officers. Online sleuths have referred to the man as #ScaryCherry3P because he’s wearing a red MAGA sweatshirt. The duo exchanged a number of text messages both before and after the Jan. 6 attack.

One of the images introduced as evidence shows McAbee and the other man posing with a copy of a Jan. 7 newspaper.

• Like 2

Yep. The USS "Few Bad Apples" sailed long ago. I hafto wonder what the real numbers are. How many LEOs and military are just one afternoon away from being violent killing machines? Half?

Dog whistles are dangerous.

12 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Bullshitters gotta start recruiting smarter bullshitters.

‘Any Fallout U Think I Should Be Aware Of?’ Capitol Defendant Texted FBI Days After Riot

A New Jersey man arrested this week in connection with the Capitol riot texted a FBI special agent two days after the Jan. 6 attack asking if there would be any “fallout” from his actions.

Mick Chan was arrested on Tuesday, according to court records. A FBI affidavit unsealed Wednesday states that Chan contacted a FBI special agent — whose phone number he got from a mutual friend — on Jan. 8, asking whether he could expect any consequences before he posted about participating in the riot on Facebook.

“Someone about to post on my behalf thru fb… I’ll be known publicly that I’ve entered Capitol,” Chan wrote, according to the affidavit. “Any fallout u think I should be aware of?”

Chan allegedly told the FBI at the time that he “broke into, well, air quotes, broke into” the Capitol, and that others had already broken in before he entered. Chan claimed he believed that the Trump rally preceding the Capitol breach was infiltrated and that members of antifa and Black Lives Matter were the ones who led the charge into the Capitol.

Months later, when the FBI interviewed him in June, Chan allegedly told special agents that he entered the Capitol with “journalistic intent.” But images uncovered by the FBI showed Chan appearing to lift a police barricade outside of the Capitol, and footage showed him flipping off a surveillance camera when he entered the Capitol building.

Chan apparently went to the Capitol with an associate and her mother, and he first came to the FBI’s attention when he was tagged in a Facebook post by his associate that referred to getting massages at a hotel in the D.C. suburbs after the Capitol attack. 

“After all the tear gas and rubber bullets shot at us, this massage today was like heaven on earth!” the Facebook post stated. “Thank you Jesus for my masseuse!”

During his June interview with the FBI, Chan said that he was considering joining a class action lawsuit over law enforcement’s use of tear gas on Jan. 6, when thousands of Trump supporters were illegally on Capitol grounds that had been cordoned off by law enforcement. 

Chan faces four misdemeanor charges in connection with the riot. 

Is there a crime called 'criminally stupid'? If not there should be. I would make a comment about white privilege but Mr Chan apparently is not white, or perhaps is a banana.

5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Jan 6 was a Wednesday. Wonder if they gave a thought to Thursday?

They picked the date based on the confirmation of the election results.  Would not have been so dramatic with Congress not in session.

7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
15 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Jan 6 was a Wednesday. Wonder if they gave a thought to Thursday?

They picked the date based on the confirmation of the election results.  Would not have been so dramatic with Congress not in session.

Stopping Congress' certification of the election was 100% of the reason for the "riot" incited by Trump... he stated so in his speech, talking about Pence "doing the right thing" etc etc.

To pretend it wasn't a coup attempt is to be complicit in the coup attempt... and IMHO the Congresscritters need to act accordingly. If it were up to me, I'd expel every Republican Congressman or Senator who had a hand in it; criminal charges to follow.

If Republicans were running the country they way they want to, and Democrats did the same thing, mock trials and group executions would already have taken place.

- DSK

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Is there a crime called 'criminally stupid'? If not there should be.

No way could we afford the prisons.

8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Stopping Congress' certification of the election was 100% of the reason for the "riot" incited by Trump... he stated so in his speech, talking about Pence "doing the right thing" etc etc.

To pretend it wasn't a coup attempt is to be complicit in the coup attempt... and IMHO the Congresscritters need to act accordingly. If it were up to me, I'd expel every Republican Congressman or Senator who had a hand in it; criminal charges to follow.

If Republicans were running the country they way they want to, and Democrats did the same thing, mock trials and group executions would already have taken place.

- DSK

Interesting report on MSNBC's 6Pm show with Ari Melber.  Repugnants have admitted to Judges in Courts, that they are planning to subvert the minority vote with all their new restrictive, state voting laws, and seriously attempt to elect Repug Sec's of State, in battleground states, to influence election results further in their favor.  Their only mission is to defeat the Dems, and control everything, to benefit themselves, and all of their rich, old, white, soon to be, "minority", pals....

3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Interesting report on MSNBC's 6Pm show with Ari Melber.  Repugnants have admitted to Judges in Courts, that they are planning to subvert the minority vote with all their new restrictive, state voting laws, and seriously attempt to elect Repug Sec's of State, in battleground states, to influence election results further in their favor.  Their only mission is to defeat the Dems, and control everything, to benefit themselves, and all of their rich, old, white, soon to be, "minority", pals....

It's like in "Risk" where there's a point in the game where, if your luck with the dice holds up, you make a power move... then with the new territory, another... and then nobody can stop you.

Well, the Republicans are rolling those dice.

Thing is, if they win, they will simply destroy the country and end up with nothing (except that some of them may have a decade or so of absolute power). They're rather rule over ruins than take the responsibility of governing a prosperous country.

I hope they can't swing it. I really don't feel like fighting a civil war.

- DSK

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's like in "Risk" where there's a point in the game where, if your luck with the dice holds up, you make a power move... then with the new territory, another... and then nobody can stop you.

Well, the Republicans are rolling those dice.

Thing is, if they win, they will simply destroy the country and end up with nothing (except that some of them may have a decade or so of absolute power). They're rather rule over ruins than take the responsibility of governing a prosperous country.

I hope they can't swing it. I really don't feel like fighting a civil war.

- DSK

They have no interest in a prosperous country.
That means folks they hate do well.

Can’t have that. 

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Or, a link to one of his threads/posts. 

Either one equally annoying, but the Rickrolling was unnecessarily mean. Olsonist must turn himself in for re- grooving!

• Like 1
On 9/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, Bus Driver said:

They have no interest in a prosperous country.
That means folks they hate do well.

Can’t have that. 

As demonstrated in many places, there is a lot of money to be made sucking a shithole country dry.  Who says that Republicons aren't student's of world history:  Their go-to models are Vlad Putin, Idi Amin, The House of Saud, Manuel Noriega, the list goes on.  Of course many of their role models don't seem to have the longevity thing figured out. 

31 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Either one equally annoying, but the Rickrolling was unnecessarily mean. Olsonist must turn himself in for re- grooving!

Are you still waiting for the electrician?

….. or someone like him

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

As demonstrated in many places, there is a lot of money to be made sucking a shithole country dry.  Who says that Republicons aren't student's of world history:  Their go-to models are Vlad Putin, Idi Amin, The House of Saud, Manuel Noriega, the list goes on.  Of course many of their role models don't seem to have the longevity thing figured out. 

They put Noriega in a prison at the outskirts of Miami-Dade Country. You could see it from the road.  I have laughed at his expense.

8 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Diplomatic immunity as a sovereign citizen. That's almost Tom level logic.

(I fear a nasty Reason Magazine cite is in my future.)

She got one thing right - she said she "is not a person"

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

This.

Though I think it's the other way around. You only have to go back to 2002 to see Republican priorities regarding destroying a country to make a buck, or a trillion.

Iraq, Afganistan.

With Trump they turn their attention to the USA. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

They put Noriega in a prison at the outskirts of Miami-Dade Country. You could see it from the road.  I have laughed at his expense.

They liked his methodology, they just didn't like his complexion.

10 hours ago, jhc said:

This.

Though I think it's the other way around. You only have to go back to 2002 to see Republican priorities regarding destroying a country to make a buck, or a trillion.

Iraq, Afganistan.

With Trump they turn their attention to the USA. 

Maybe the date to be measured from is 9-11-01. Might check with Random. 

8 hours ago, Left Shift said:

They liked his methodology, they just didn't like his complexion.

His face looked like it was set on fire and the fire was put out by stomping on it while wearing golf shoes.  

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

His face looked like it was set on fire and the fire was put out by stomping on it while wearing golf shoes.  

My Army Col bud was in on that and he is, indeed, a golfer. At least that what he calls it. I can only hope he was better at Coloneling than golfing.

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Maybe the date to be measured from is 9-11-01. Might check with Random. 

I said "back to 2002".

If you want to go further back in history you may as well go to the fall of the Indian nations.

Was not my point. 

Are you spouting, or just amplifying?

Making fun of Random really. 

He could be right, though, that the MIC dropped the buildings to assure a Mid-East 20 year to make trillions. My only reservation is I doubt they could keep it covered up.

One uber sniper taking out JFK with a ready fall guy ... sure.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

My only reservation is I doubt they could keep it covered up.

The essential flaw in most conspiracy theories.

Like 400,000 people keeping the faked Moon landings secret - especially when they faked 1/2 a dozen more.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Like 400,000 people keeping the faked Moon landings secret - especially when they faked 1/2 a dozen more.

Well shit, it turns out Paul wasn't dead.  

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Well shit, it turns out Paul wasn't dead.  

And there were only 4 3 that would have had to keep that a secret

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

And there were only 4 3 that would have had to keep that a secret

- DSK

Turns out Ringo and John wanted him dead.  George was busy consoling his guitar that was weeping.  Shit, after the stupid song When I'm 64, I wanted him dead.

• Like 1

The insurrectionists brought gallows, they were already deep into the hang Mike Pence chants early into the rally, including signs, etc.  So it begs the question, did he already know about the plan prior and rejected it so the RWNJ's got word online from "someone" in advance?  How did anyone know he would be a stand up guy and ruin the insurrection so long in advance that they had time to prepare?  Inquiring minds.

35 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

The insurrectionists brought gallows, they were already deep into the hang Mike Pence chants early into the rally, including signs, etc.  So it begs the question, did he already know about the plan prior and rejected it so the RWNJ's got word online from "someone" in advance?  How did anyone know he would be a stand up guy and ruin the insurrection so long in advance that they had time to prepare?  Inquiring minds.

Dog assured us that gallows wasn't serious.  Besides, what tourist doesn't walk around with a full gallows?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Dog assured us that gallows wasn't serious.  Besides, what tourist doesn't walk around with a full gallows?

Yeah, because the construction quality of gallows is what's important... like ever.  SMH

What's a "Wetting signature"? I know what a "wet signature" is, but I've never heard of a "wetting signature".....

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

What's a "Wetting signature"? I know what a "wet signature" is, but I've never heard of a "wetting signature".....

I became quite proficient at doing that in the snow.  I could even "dot" the two "i's" in my last name.

That was back when I had better bladder control.

Well things are getting more interesting.....

Jan. 6 select committee issues 11 additional subpoenas to Trump rally planners

Protestors

Photo by Michael Robinson Chavez/The Washington Post via Getty Images

The select panel investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has issued eleven new subpoenas to people involved in planning the rally ahead of the riots.

Why it matters: The new subpoenas provide more insight into the scope of the select committee's investigation as it ramps up. The previous subpoenas were issued to four members of former President Trump's inner circle.

The details: Those who were issued subpoenas include: Caroline Wren, Cynthia “Cindy” Lee Chafian, Hannah Salem Stone, Justin Caporale, Katrina Pierson, Kylie Jane Kremer, Lyndon Brentnall, Maggie Mulvaney, Megan Powers and Tim Unes.

• According to the committee's release, Women for America First (WFAF) organized the January 6th, 2021 rally on the Ellipse, rallies at Freedom Plaza on November 14th and December 12th, 2020,  and two “March for Trump” nationwide bus tours that generated interest and attendance at the Washington rallies.
  • "The subpoenas are helping to fill in the details of a picture that's becoming clearer and clearer from a lot of information that's online," Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) told Axios Wednesday.

What's next: Those who have already received subpoenas have not yet responded, Thompson told reporters.

• They were sent to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, former communications official Dan Scavino, former Defense Department official Kash Patel and former Trump adviser Steve Bannon.
  • They have until Oct. 7 to turn over the requested documents. Patel and Bannon are instructed to appear before the committee on Oct 14, and Meadows and Scavino have been told to appear on Oct. 15.
  • Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) has warned that those who refuse to comply with subpoenas would be guilty of criminal contempt.
  • Former President Trump has suggested the group is covered by executive privilege.
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Beat me to it, and MUCH bigger font.

The select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection has issued its second round of subpoenas, this time targeting individuals involved in the planning and organization of the "Stop the Steal" rally that served as a prelude to the riot at the US Capitol and other rallies organized in the lead up to the day of the attack.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Olympic swimmer Klete Keller, who wore Team USA jacket to Jan. 6 riot, pleads guilty

He should be banned from the US Swim Team.

Prosecutors Lost A Fight To Keep A Set Of Jan. 6 Capitol Surveillance Videos Under Seal

The disclosure marks a setback for the US Capitol Police and the US attorney’s office in their efforts to control how much footage from the Capitol’s closed-circuit video (CCV) system gets out. 

• Downvote 1
21 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

Hold on!!!!! He's part of the very important gene pool that made this whole thing happen! You can't kick him out of the pool!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

It's what she signed her Wetting License with.  

Only valid in the back room of a Tijuana bar.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:49 PM, Mrleft8 said:

pee_name_small.jpg

For women, it's a challenge.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mark K said:

pee_name_small.jpg

For women, it's a challenge.   

Being Italian, with a last name containing nine letters, and two "i"s to be dotted, is challenging.

On 9/30/2021 at 3:27 AM, MauiPunter said:

Too old to be relevant now anyway ;)

Why do theses rugged individualists all look the same? It's like a fuckin' uniform.

They look as individual as bikers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAoK2XiXoCsjAgI?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Why do theses rugged individualists all look the same? It's like a fuckin' uniform.

They look as individual as bikers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAoK2XiXoCsjAgI?format=jpg&name=360x360

They all think they are in the army still.  Their costumes are more to impress each other.   "Look at me, look at me, I am the REAAALLLL soldier".

I doubt the majority of those defectives would be acceptable to the Army - I suspect most of them would be 4F.

On 9/29/2021 at 4:52 PM, Bus Driver said:

I became quite proficient at doing that in the snow.  I could even "dot" the two "i's" in my last name.

That was back when I had better bladder control.

Reminds me of the old joke about the “impeach Tricky Dick” written in yellow in the snow on the White House front lawn. 

Secret service guy: Mr President, the good news is the urine sample came back as Henry Kissinger’s

Nixon:  What’s the bad news???

Secret service guy:

It was Pat’s handwriting

• Like 2

This is where the rubber hits the road. Bannon and Meadows have until Thursday to comply with a Congressional subpoena. Will they show?

For those of you who have been wondering what Merrick Garland’s Department of Justice plans to do about the pirate ship sometimes laughingly referred to as the Trump administration, you will soon have to wonder no more. Here comes a fast and accurate litmus test.

Bennie Thompson, the chairman of the select committee probing the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, said he will issue criminal referrals for anyone who defies his subpoenas. The seriousness with which the Department of Justice takes those referrals should give us significant insights into DOJ policy toward Trump criminals in general.

We watched with helpless fury as Trump officials — including former Attorney General William Barr himself — defied with impunity subpoenas issued by Congress in the impeachment of Donald Trump. Will they be able to get away with it this time?

In theory no. For each failure to appear (FTA) Chairman Thompson intends to issue a criminal referral to the DOJ. It’s up to the DOJ how they act on those referrals, but each FTA charge carries with it a statutory maximum of a six figure fine and up to a year in jail.

Barr’s Justice Department naturally declined to act on criminal referrals sent to it by the Democratic members of the Trump impeachment committees. What will Merrick Garland’s DOJ do? If any dare to defy the Congressional subpoenas then we shall see.

In July of 2019 the Democratic House voted to ask the Justice Department to prosecute Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross for defying Congressional subpoenas. It was only the second time in U.S. history that Congress held sitting cabinet officials in contempt of Congress. It was also like asking the fox to guard the henhouse and therefore doomed to failure. The best they could hope for would be to litigate the matter in civil court, a lengthy and ultimately dispiritingly unsatisfactory process.

This time around Congress could be pushing against an open door. The DOJ should do their job, and anyone defying Congressional subpoenas will be subjected to, in theory at least, the full fury of the law. Once charges have been issued it could be too late for the subpoena defier to change his or her mind. Citations are sometimes reconsidered but only after substantial compliance. In other words, they probably won’t be able to take it back and show up late. They’ve already committed a crime.

I don’t know about you, brothers and sisters, but for me, seeing some high government officials actually go to prison will go a long way in restoring my own faith that the ideal of equal justice under the law is occasionally actually true. So far all we’ve seen are small fry in jail. It seems sometimes justice is only ever swift and terrible for the voiceless and people of color. I want to see swift and terrible justice for some big fry, too. I want to see big shots go to jail. I’m tired of waiting and I have the right to be tired of waiting. And, as ever, ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, comrades and friends, stay safe.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/here-comes-the-ultimate-litmus-test-for-merrick-garland/41828/

• Like 1

Good quote from that article cited by Ish 

4 hours ago, Ishmael said:

This is where the rubber hits the road.

I don’t know about you, brothers and sisters, but for me, seeing some high government officials actually go to prison will go a long way in restoring my own faith that the ideal of equal justice under the law is occasionally actually true. So far all we’ve seen are small fry in jail. It seems sometimes justice is only ever swift and terrible for the voiceless and people of color. I want to see swift and terrible justice for some big fry, too. I want to see big shots go to jail. 

• Like 1

I would much prefer to not wish ill on people, but Mark Meadows is highly under rated as an evil doer. Toxic asshole and major force for regressive gov't, worse he's actually not a dumbass although he is inhumanly brutal and racist.

If he got tossed in jail, that would be a nod to justice

- DSK

New York mother, son arrested in theft of Pelosi's laptop

A New York mother and son have been charged with theft in aiding the disappearance of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s laptop during the Jan. 6 insurrection after the FBI initially raided a home 4,500 miles away in Alaska, looking for the computer. 

The FBI on Friday arrested Maryann Mooney-Rondon, 55, and her son, Rafael Rondon, 23, of Watertown, New York, in connection with the stolen laptop, according to court documents. Both also face other charges related to the riot at the Capitol. 

Rafael Rondon also faces possession of an unregistered sawed-off shotgun charge 

Both appeared in federal court Friday in Syracuse, New York, and released pending further proceedings, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of New York.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/new-york-mother-son-arrested-in-theft-of-pelosis-laptop/2021/10/04/543f6dd6-2556-11ec-8739-5cb6aba30a30_story.html 

• Like 1