Jump to content

Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea


Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Our old friend, the bimbo real estate agent, is back in the news...

Jan. 6 'Influencer' Who Said She's 'Definitely Not Going To Jail' Should Go To Jail, Feds Say

Federal prosecutors say an infamous Capitol attack defendant who traveled to Washington on a private plane and called Jan. 6 “one of the best days of my life” should spend time in prison, in part because she didn’t think she would.

Jenna Ryan was arrested in January after she openly bragged about her exploits at the Capitol on social media, livestreaming on Facebook from inside the building and tweeting a photo of herself standing at a broken window, captioning it “if the news doesn’t stop lying about us we’re going to come after their studios next...”

Ahead of Ryan’s sentencing this week, federal prosecutors said she should spend 60 days in prison because she knew the day could turn violent and said she was “going to war,” promoted violence at the Capitol, chanted “hang Mike Pence,” promoted violence against the news media, claimed she deserved “a medal” for what she did, spread false information about the riot, lied about her participation in the riot, and “sought to exploit her presence during the attack on the Capitol for profit.”

Prosecutors said Ryan had, for the past 10 years, “promoted her personal brand, touting her success as a real estate broker, self-help coach, and media personality” and then “drew on her considerable experience as a social media influencer to promote violence before her arrival at the Capitol.”

The Justice Department’s sentencing memo says that Ryan was “publicly cheerleading” a violent attack that “forced an interruption of the certification of the 2020 Electoral College vote count, threatened the peaceful transfer of power after the 2020 Presidential election, injured more than one hundred law enforcement officers, and resulted in more than a million dollars’ worth of property damage.” 

Moreover, the government said, Ryan’s tweet stating she had “blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I’m not going to jail” showed she thought she was immune from punishment for her crimes because of her race and physical appearance.

“A defendant who believes she is immune from strict punishment because of her race and physical appearance may reoffend because the consequences for wrongdoing will never, in the defendant’s mind, be severe even when severity is merited,” prosecutors write. “Perhaps the most compelling need for specific deterrence arises from the defendant’s misguided belief that she is above the law, or at least insulated from incarceration.”

The feds wrote that Ryan “found it appropriate to promote her real estate business” as she stormed the Capitol, announcing, “You guys, will you believe this? I am not messing around. When I come to sell your house, this is what I will do. I will fucking sell your house.”

Prosecutors also wrote that Ryan posted a photo of members of the mob attacking media equipment, calling it “a cool moment” and saying rioters “just went to town on the AP equipment.” They said one of Ryan’s co-defendants, Katherine Schwab, “joined the crowd’s assault” by “kicking media equipment and throwing one piece of equipment on the ground.”

Ryan pleaded guilty in August, admitting in her statement of offense that she posted “Today was a great example of what America is about” on Twitter after the attack, that she was seen on video chanting “Fight for Trump!” in the Rotunda, and that she “paraded, demonstrated, or picketed” inside the Capitol when she knew that she “did not have permission to enter the building.”

Ryan will be sentenced at 10 a.m. Thursday by U.S. District Judge Christopher R. Cooper.

Judge Cooper will love her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

If you are attempting to minimize the event that interrupted a electoral vote count, and maimed people for life, then your are either delusional or are an asshole. My money is on you being an ass

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

60 days is a joke.

And if she gets any time at all, she'll cry race hatred on the part of the judge, her attorney will sue for unusual and extreme punishment for a white woman, Trump will issue her a pardon (for what that's worth), and she'll have a morning slot on FOX or OANN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

And if she gets any time at all, she'll cry race hatred on the part of the judge, her attorney will sue for unusual and extreme punishment for a white woman, Trump will issue her a pardon (for what that's worth), and she'll have a morning slot on FOX or OANN.

You forgot her Real Estate Biz will take off. The RWNJ’s will love her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Navig8tor said:

You forgot her Real Estate Biz will take off. The RWNJ’s will love her.

Terry Nichols was a RE salesman. He got life w/o parole for his role in OKC....

 His buddy McVeigh got the needle.

2 guys attack a federal building in OKC and are (by their standards) successful. 105 (according to Dog) attack the Capitol in DC and they fail miserably.... Why are those (105) not getting what McVeigh and Nichols got? Because they're losers?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Terry Nichols was a RE salesman. He got life w/o parole for his role in OKC....

 His buddy McVeigh got the needle.

2 guys attack a federal building in OKC and are (by their standards) successful. 105 (according to Dog) attack the Capitol in DC and they fail miserably.... Why are those (105) not getting what McVeigh and Nichols got? Because they're losers?

 

You can’t be comparing the two events. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You can’t be comparing the two events. 

Why not? Two nut jobs attack a Federal building. A bunch of people die. (105) nut jobs attack a federal building several people die.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Why not? Two nut jobs attack a Federal building. A bunch of people die. (105) nut jobs attack a federal building several people die.

Forget it Lefty - that comparison is a bridge to far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Our old friend, the bimbo real estate agent, is back in the news...

Jan. 6 'Influencer' Who Said She's 'Definitely Not Going To Jail' Should Go To Jail, Feds Say

(...)

Ryan will be sentenced at 10 a.m. Thursday by U.S. District Judge Christopher R. Cooper.

I appreciate the logic here, that if she thinks her appearance and social status disqualify her from incarceration, she needs the big house.

And even, that as a life-coach and social media presence, she needs her feet held to the fire for broadcasting the joy of lawlessness (such as boating accidents. Hi @Excoded Tom)

 

I have THREE friends now, each acting ominous about the likelihood of future, imminent, Jan. 6-type behavior. Two are off-the-deep-end edgy and miserable, while nursing Tucker Carlson-type narratives, constantly. They are deteriorating, as human beings, visibly and audibly.

The Big Lie has legs...and the polarization keeps getting worse.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jocal505 said:

I have THREE friends now, each acting ominous about the likelihood of future, imminent, Jan. 6-type behavior. Two are off-the-deep-end edgy and miserable, while nursing Tucker Carlson-type narratives, constantly. They are deteriorating, as human beings, visibly and audibly.

Same here. I haven't noticed the physical slide but deep edginess is obvious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jocal505 said:

I have THREE friends now, each acting ominous about the likelihood of future, imminent, Jan. 6-type behavior. Two are off-the-deep-end edgy and miserable, while nursing Tucker Carlson-type narratives, constantly. They are deteriorating, as human beings, visibly and audibly.

The Big Lie has legs...and the polarization keeps getting worse.

You need ti find new friends

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

From the WaPo - 

251192831_10224994869195219_751569836004005099_n.jpeg

I just finished reading the whole series, and it's excellent. It is becoming increasingly surreal out there. There are a lot of fascist whack jobs on the prowl, and a lot of otherwise normal people believing their bullshit. It looks like the R's are going to stop at nothing to regain power, and put an increasingly deranged Trump back on the throne as the last president.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You need to find new friends

You are correct, from a few angles, but I see what you did there. You de-creased my friends' steady source of truthful information, and you increased the polarization of the situation.

 

We are crawling here, it's not ballet. It ain't pretty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I just finished reading the whole series, and it's excellent. It is becoming increasingly surreal out there. There are a lot of fascist whack jobs on the prowl, and a lot of otherwise normal people believing their bullshit. It looks like the R's are going to stop at nothing to regain power, and put an increasingly deranged Trump back on the throne as the last president.

Is there a path around the paywall?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Delete the cookies.

I'm not sure even that's enough. It's not only well-written, it's well-presented on the interwebs. I'm just another gobsmacked Canadian, but I ponied up for a subscription. I'm going to cancel my NYT subscription but I'm keeping the WaPo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

We are crawling here, it's not ballet. It ain't pretty.

"When empires decline, they can slip into self-reinforcing downward spirals. This downward spiral occurs when the rich and powerful respond by using their social positions to offload the costs of decline onto the mass of the population. That only worsens the inequalities and divisions that provoked the decline in the first place.

The recently released Pandora Papers offer a useful glimpse into the elaborate world of vast wealth hidden from tax-collecting governments and from public knowledge. Such hiding is partly driven by the effort to insulate the wealth of the rich from that decline. That partly explains why the 2016 exposure of the Panama Papers did nothing to stop the hiding. If the public knew about the hidden resources—their size, origins, and purposes—the public demand for access to hidden assets would become overwhelming. The hidden resources would be seen as the best possible targets for use in slowing or reversing the decline.

Decline provokes more hiding, and that in turn worsens decline. The downward spiral is engaged. Moreover, attempts to distract an increasingly anxious public—demonizing immigrants, scapegoating China, and engaging in culture wars—show diminishing returns. Empire decline proceeds but remains widely denied or ignored as if it did not matter. The old rituals of conventional politics, economics, and culture proceed. Only their tones have become those of deep social divisions, bitter recriminations, and overt internal hostilities proliferating across the landscape. These mystify as well as upset* the many Americans who still need to deny that crises have beset U.S. capitalism and that its empire is in decline."

https://braveneweurope.com/richard-d-wolff-why-the-troubled-u-s-empire-could-quickly-fall-apart

*driving them batshit crazy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Delete the cookies.

That's what I tell my neighbor when he comments on his G/F gaining weight since she moved in.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:

"When empires decline, they can slip into self-reinforcing downward spirals. This downward spiral occurs when the rich and powerful respond by using their social positions to offload the costs of decline onto the mass of the population. That only worsens the inequalities and divisions that provoked the decline in the first place.

The recently released Pandora Papers offer a useful glimpse into the elaborate world of vast wealth hidden from tax-collecting governments and from public knowledge. Such hiding is partly driven by the effort to insulate the wealth of the rich from that decline. That partly explains why the 2016 exposure of the Panama Papers did nothing to stop the hiding. If the public knew about the hidden resources—their size, origins, and purposes—the public demand for access to hidden assets would become overwhelming. The hidden resources would be seen as the best possible targets for use in slowing or reversing the decline.

Decline provokes more hiding, and that in turn worsens decline. The downward spiral is engaged. Moreover, attempts to distract an increasingly anxious public—demonizing immigrants, scapegoating China, and engaging in culture wars—show diminishing returns. Empire decline proceeds but remains widely denied or ignored as if it did not matter. The old rituals of conventional politics, economics, and culture proceed. Only their tones have become those of deep social divisions, bitter recriminations, and overt internal hostilities proliferating across the landscape. These mystify as well as upset* the many Americans who still need to deny that crises have beset U.S. capitalism and that its empire is in decline."

https://braveneweurope.com/richard-d-wolff-why-the-troubled-u-s-empire-could-quickly-fall-apart

*driving them batshit crazy

That can't be right - all those vast fortunes were earned and their owners are entitled to every penny.

Thinking anything else means you're a commie, socialist lefty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ran into an old sailing friend at the Post Office.   He recently sold some property, and knew we were liquidating some of our rentals.  He warned me to pay the depreciation recapture and Capital Gains taxes this year, because Biden is changing the tax laws for next year to make that more expensive.  So, I called my accountant, and he said not to worry, that will only affect folks making over 400k a year!   Well, don't I wish, but that's not the case here! LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Americans suffer the same disabilities as the Europeans of 1919: They cannot think. They cannot speak plainly among themselves. 

Maybe that's why these here forums produce such a scintillating exchange of ideas?

“We modern civilizations have learned to recognize that we are mortal like the others. We had heard tell of whole worlds vanished, of empires foundered … sunk to the inexplorable depths of the centuries with their gods and laws, their academies and their pure and applied sciences, their grammars, dictionaries, classics … their critics and the critics of their critics…. We could not count them. But these wrecks, after all, were of no concern of ours.”

 

https://consortiumnews.com/2021/11/02/patrick-lawrence-the-manufacture-of-decline/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:

Maybe that's why these here forums produce such a scintillating exchange of ideas?

“We modern civilizations have learned to recognize that we are mortal like the others. We had heard tell of whole worlds vanished, of empires foundered … sunk to the inexplorable depths of the centuries with their gods and laws, their academies and their pure and applied sciences, their grammars, dictionaries, classics … their critics and the critics of their critics…. We could not count them. But these wrecks, after all, were of no concern of ours.”

 

https://consortiumnews.com/2021/11/02/patrick-lawrence-the-manufacture-of-decline/

Tell us when the magas have a coherent and logical proposal...for anything. "Drain the swamp" is not a coherent or logical proposal.

Racism isn't a topic worthy of a "scintillating exchange of ideas". Noone can even tell us what CRT is, still, except a three-word slogan that riles up the racists.

The opinions of the treasonous are worth nothing.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

I hope they throw the book at her.

Quote

“Unlike what the Prosecutor says, I do not feel that I am immune to punishment due to my appearance and social status,” she states in the letter. “I do not feel that I will get off ‘Scott Free’ (quoting the prosecutor), but I was trying to maintain my dignity to a mob of haters who were harassing me relentlessly by social media, phone and email.”

lol.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

She should have gotten 6 months at least.

She was inside the capitol, right? 

If so, she should have gotten 2 to 3 years . .  at least 

like the harmless peacenik lefties of Plowshares 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

MAGA rioter gave House committee evidence of contacts with 'state-level GOP officials'

A MAGA rioter has reportedly told the House Select Committee investigating the January 6th riots at the United States Capitol that they had contacts ahead of the riot with "state-level GOP officials who worked with former President Donald Trump as he attempted to overturn the 2020 election." 


According to Politico, the rioter has interviewed with the committee twice within the last week and "described knowledge of contacts between GOP officials in a key state Trump lost and allies of the former president in the weeks leading up to the Jan. 6 attack." 

The rioter is scheduled to talk with the committee again in the coming days and Politico's sources say they have already been asked questions that "ranged from the defendant's knowledge of those who organized travel to Washington for the Jan. 6 event as well as details about the preparation of legal affidavits in support of Trump's false claims of voter fraud." 

The Capitol riot committee so far has interviewed more than 150 people in its efforts to uncover the full picture about what led up to the deadly events on January 6th. 


https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-committee-testimony-2655498095/ 
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/04/january-6-committee-rioter-interview-519580 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Breaking News: GOP Senate Candidate Tells FBI He Has Evidence Michael Flynn Is Working

With Foreign Intelligence As Part of Treasonous Plot to Overthrow Federal Government 

https://sethabramson.substack.com/p/breaking-news-gop-senate-candidat

Yeah, but Hillary used email and wore pant suits.  And, President Biden has a speech impediment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah, but Hillary used email and wore pant suits.  And, President Biden has a speech impediment.

... and Obama wore a tan suite.  Oh mon Dieu!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

MAGA rioter gave House committee evidence of contacts with 'state-level GOP officials'

A MAGA rioter has reportedly told the House Select Committee investigating the January 6th riots at the United States Capitol that they had contacts ahead of the riot with "state-level GOP officials who worked with former President Donald Trump as he attempted to overturn the 2020 election." 


According to Politico, the rioter has interviewed with the committee twice within the last week and "described knowledge of contacts between GOP officials in a key state Trump lost and allies of the former president in the weeks leading up to the Jan. 6 attack." 

The rioter is scheduled to talk with the committee again in the coming days and Politico's sources say they have already been asked questions that "ranged from the defendant's knowledge of those who organized travel to Washington for the Jan. 6 event as well as details about the preparation of legal affidavits in support of Trump's false claims of voter fraud." 

The Capitol riot committee so far has interviewed more than 150 people in its efforts to uncover the full picture about what led up to the deadly events on January 6th. 


https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-committee-testimony-2655498095/ 
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/04/january-6-committee-rioter-interview-519580 

How about some fucking names.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah, but Hillary used email and wore pant suits.  And, President Biden has a speech impediment.

....:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seriatim Tom said:

My wife was binge watching that recently so I was exposed to quite a bit of it. Pretty good show!

It is.   

I recommend the book.  The book offers some insights into the "prison industrial" complex and discusses how (sadly, too often) prisons have become warehouses for the mentally ill.  Much of the social commentary in the book was lost in the show.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Open investigation, you have to wait with the rest of us.

It's been 10 months - that isn't "open", that's just kicking the can down the road.

Yap, yap, yap - well past time there was some action - it's not like there's a shortage of guilt & blame to go around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alleged Jan. 6 Rioter Tries to Sell Home on Zillow, Inadvertently Reveals Cache of Explosives: FBI

 

A former Green Beret and one-time congressional candidate arrested last month for his alleged participation in the Capitol riot was illegally stockpiling explosives prior to being jailed on charges related to the Jan. 6 pro-Trump siege, according to an FBI search warrant filed Friday in Washington, D.C. federal court. 

When federal agents searched 47-year-old Jeremy Brown’s Florida home in October, they reported finding a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition, and two hand grenades. But it was a picture included in a sales listing for his house on Zillow that led to his latest troubles. 

In a photo from “what appears to be Brown’s office,” FBI agents spotted a whiteboard with columns labeled “Food,” “Clothing,” “Shelter,” “Currency,” “Communicate,” “Move,” and “Shoot,” the warrant states. In the “shoot” column, it continues, “there are numerous firearms listed and explosive devices such as ‘flash bangs.’” The entry on the whiteboard indicated that Brown had the flash bangs “on hand,” the filing says, adding that Brown “is not registered to possess explosive devices.” 

Agents are now seeking to search a trailer located on Brown’s property, which the FBI believes he bought about a month ago: “[ I]t is unlikely that an individual would market a home available for public inspection with guns and explosives inside of the home, [thus] it is probable ammunition, and explosives, which constitute potential evidence in the investigation, have been moved to the RV or trailer,” the warrant states. Brown remains jailed after a judge in October ruled he was a danger to the community. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alleged-jan-6-rioter-jeremy-brown-tries-to-sell-home-on-zillow-accidentally-reveals-cache-of-explosives-fbi 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Alleged Jan. 6 Rioter Tries to Sell Home on Zillow, Inadvertently Reveals Cache of Explosives: FBI

 

A former Green Beret and one-time congressional candidate arrested last month for his alleged participation in the Capitol riot was illegally stockpiling explosives prior to being jailed on charges related to the Jan. 6 pro-Trump siege, according to an FBI search warrant filed Friday in Washington, D.C. federal court. 

When federal agents searched 47-year-old Jeremy Brown’s Florida home in October, they reported finding a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition, and two hand grenades. But it was a picture included in a sales listing for his house on Zillow that led to his latest troubles. 

In a photo from “what appears to be Brown’s office,” FBI agents spotted a whiteboard with columns labeled “Food,” “Clothing,” “Shelter,” “Currency,” “Communicate,” “Move,” and “Shoot,” the warrant states. In the “shoot” column, it continues, “there are numerous firearms listed and explosive devices such as ‘flash bangs.’” The entry on the whiteboard indicated that Brown had the flash bangs “on hand,” the filing says, adding that Brown “is not registered to possess explosive devices.” 

Agents are now seeking to search a trailer located on Brown’s property, which the FBI believes he bought about a month ago: “[ I]t is unlikely that an individual would market a home available for public inspection with guns and explosives inside of the home, [thus] it is probable ammunition, and explosives, which constitute potential evidence in the investigation, have been moved to the RV or trailer,” the warrant states. Brown remains jailed after a judge in October ruled he was a danger to the community. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alleged-jan-6-rioter-jeremy-brown-tries-to-sell-home-on-zillow-accidentally-reveals-cache-of-explosives-fbi 

The IQ level of these guys is lower than the temperature inside an empty shed on the coast of Portland, Maine during a nor'easter.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Alleged Jan. 6 Rioter Tries to Sell Home on Zillow, Inadvertently Reveals Cache of Explosives: FBI

 

A former Green Beret and one-time congressional candidate arrested last month for his alleged participation in the Capitol riot was illegally stockpiling explosives prior to being jailed on charges related to the Jan. 6 pro-Trump siege, according to an FBI search warrant filed Friday in Washington, D.C. federal court. 

When federal agents searched 47-year-old Jeremy Brown’s Florida home in October, they reported finding a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition, and two hand grenades. But it was a picture included in a sales listing for his house on Zillow that led to his latest troubles. 

In a photo from “what appears to be Brown’s office,” FBI agents spotted a whiteboard with columns labeled “Food,” “Clothing,” “Shelter,” “Currency,” “Communicate,” “Move,” and “Shoot,” the warrant states. In the “shoot” column, it continues, “there are numerous firearms listed and explosive devices such as ‘flash bangs.’” The entry on the whiteboard indicated that Brown had the flash bangs “on hand,” the filing says, adding that Brown “is not registered to possess explosive devices.” 

Agents are now seeking to search a trailer located on Brown’s property, which the FBI believes he bought about a month ago: “[ I]t is unlikely that an individual would market a home available for public inspection with guns and explosives inside of the home, [thus] it is probable ammunition, and explosives, which constitute potential evidence in the investigation, have been moved to the RV or trailer,” the warrant states. Brown remains jailed after a judge in October ruled he was a danger to the community. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alleged-jan-6-rioter-jeremy-brown-tries-to-sell-home-on-zillow-accidentally-reveals-cache-of-explosives-fbi 

Goll durn, bullshitters.  Insurrecting is hard, init? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Alleged Jan. 6 Rioter Tries to Sell Home on Zillow, Inadvertently Reveals Cache of Explosives: FBI

 

A former Green Beret and one-time congressional candidate arrested last month for his alleged participation in the Capitol riot was illegally stockpiling explosives prior to being jailed on charges related to the Jan. 6 pro-Trump siege, according to an FBI search warrant filed Friday in Washington, D.C. federal court. 

When federal agents searched 47-year-old Jeremy Brown’s Florida home in October, they reported finding a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition, and two hand grenades. But it was a picture included in a sales listing for his house on Zillow that led to his latest troubles. 

In a photo from “what appears to be Brown’s office,” FBI agents spotted a whiteboard with columns labeled “Food,” “Clothing,” “Shelter,” “Currency,” “Communicate,” “Move,” and “Shoot,” the warrant states. In the “shoot” column, it continues, “there are numerous firearms listed and explosive devices such as ‘flash bangs.’” The entry on the whiteboard indicated that Brown had the flash bangs “on hand,” the filing says, adding that Brown “is not registered to possess explosive devices.” 

Agents are now seeking to search a trailer located on Brown’s property, which the FBI believes he bought about a month ago: “[ I]t is unlikely that an individual would market a home available for public inspection with guns and explosives inside of the home, [thus] it is probable ammunition, and explosives, which constitute potential evidence in the investigation, have been moved to the RV or trailer,” the warrant states. Brown remains jailed after a judge in October ruled he was a danger to the community. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alleged-jan-6-rioter-jeremy-brown-tries-to-sell-home-on-zillow-accidentally-reveals-cache-of-explosives-fbi 

Expand  Expand  

The IQ level of these guys is lower than the temperature inside an empty shed on the coast of Portland, Maine during a nor'easter.

The FBI is going to get lazy - these morons practically arrest themselves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

How many thousands of videos are there of that exact same thing?

And still they do it.

They must like getting their nuts smashed.

Because the millions of times it DOESN'T happen never make it to YouTube?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2021 at 12:04 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Goll durn, bullshitters.  Insurrecting is hard, init? 

He should be charged with failure to have an explosives permit, a misdemeanor.  Otherwise, he was just keeping them for self defense. - Likely Joker quote.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Capitol Riot Suspect Evan Neumann Claims Asylum in Belarus After Fleeing FBI

A California man who is on the FBI’s Most Wanted List for allegedly attacking police during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot has claimed asylum in the former Soviet republic of Belarus. Evan Neumann, 48, was charged in July on six separate counts, including assaulting officers and violent entry, after being identified from footage of the storming of Congress. But by then he had already sold his house in the Bay Area and fled to Europe, initially hiding out in Ukraine before deciding to cross over into Belarus—often described as “Europe’s last dictatorship.” 

His hosts appear delighted to have him. Belarus state TV portrayed him as a victim of government persecution and described him as “the same type of simple American whose shops were burned by Black Lives Matter activists.” In an interview with the channel, reported by the Moscow Times, Neumann said he had decided to leave Ukraine after finding himself being tailed by security officials. He told how he encountered wild boar and snakes as he made his way across the swampy marshland dividing Ukraine and Belarus, before being arrested on the border on Aug. 15. He said that the charges against him were “unfounded.”

Read more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/capitol-riot-suspect-evan-neumann-claims-asylum-in-belarus-after-fleeing-fbi?via=twitter_page 

Smile now, cry later.

5PIJraS.jpg
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Capitol Riot Suspect Evan Neumann Claims Asylum in Belarus After Fleeing FBI

A California man who is on the FBI’s Most Wanted List for allegedly attacking police during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot has claimed asylum in the former Soviet republic of Belarus. Evan Neumann, 48, was charged in July on six separate counts, including assaulting officers and violent entry, after being identified from footage of the storming of Congress. But by then he had already sold his house in the Bay Area and fled to Europe, initially hiding out in Ukraine before deciding to cross over into Belarus—often described as “Europe’s last dictatorship.” 

His hosts appear delighted to have him. Belarus state TV portrayed him as a victim of government persecution and described him as “the same type of simple American whose shops were burned by Black Lives Matter activists.” In an interview with the channel, reported by the Moscow Times, Neumann said he had decided to leave Ukraine after finding himself being tailed by security officials. He told how he encountered wild boar and snakes as he made his way across the swampy marshland dividing Ukraine and Belarus, before being arrested on the border on Aug. 15. He said that the charges against him were “unfounded.”

Read more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/capitol-riot-suspect-evan-neumann-claims-asylum-in-belarus-after-fleeing-fbi?via=twitter_page 

Smile now, cry later.

5PIJraS.jpg

Sounds like the best possible ending. Someone who hates our country enough to attack the Capitol and has means to find another country which better suits his sensibilities, can spend his life there instead of attacking our Constitution again. The time served will better match his actions than the slap on the wrist he would have gotten here. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sounds like the best possible ending. Someone who hates our country enough to attack the Capitol and has means to find another country which better suits his sensibilities, can spend his life there instead of attacking our Constitution again. The time served will better match his actions than the slap on the wrist he would have gotten here. 

You think he disliked being "Tailed" by security back home...  I have read enough spy books to know that the "Tailing" he got here aint nuttin compared to what he is gonna get over there....  

Link to post
Share on other sites

He may be treated well as a propaganda tool but eventually (from Daily Mail):

Belarus activists record 'screams of torture victims' coming from within prison in Minsk on 4th day of anti-regime protests after rigged election. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sounds like the best possible ending. Someone who hates our country enough to attack the Capitol and has means to find another country which better suits his sensibilities, can spend his life there instead of attacking our Constitution again. The time served will better match his actions than the slap on the wrist he would have gotten here. 

I guess we will see as time goes by. I hope he turns political in Belarus, only to find confinement, torture, and the seizure of his property, leaves him longing for prison in America.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Neumann said Ukrainian security service agents started pursuing him, so he then crossed into Belarus by foot, through the Ukrainian swamps of Pripyat, near Chernobyl. He claimed to have encountered snakes and wild boars on the journey."

The snakes and boars were probably radioactive.

What's the over/under on him returning from socialist wonderland to the crappy old USofA to face the music?  My bet is six months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

"Neumann said Ukrainian security service agents started pursuing him, so he then crossed into Belarus by foot, through the Ukrainian swamps of Pripyat, near Chernobyl. He claimed to have encountered snakes and wild boars on the journey."

The snakes and boars were probably radioactive.

What's the over/under on him returning from socialist wonderland to the crappy old USofA to face the music?  My bet is six months.

Only if the GOP holds another Storm the Nation's Capitol and Smear Shit on the Place Party, and it is successful this time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez. It gets curioser. A ruined life.

On the up side, maybe Mr. Neumann could broker a Trump Tower while he's there, or hawk Ivanna's shoe line.

Link to post
Share on other sites