Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I thought that was old news?  A bunch of Fox Friendly pundits were texting Mark Meadows on 1/6, begging him to get Trump to stop the insurrection; I thought Ingraham's participation was already known?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I thought that was old news?  A bunch of Fox Friendly pundits were texting Mark Meadows on 1/6, begging him to get Trump to stop the insurrection; I thought Ingraham's participation was already known?

I think this is just the gradual release of actual evidence, as a means of ramping up pressure.

This would be in stark contrast to the absence of evidence from Team Trump about a stolen election.

56 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Wait, what?

Why would anybody ask for an "explosives expert" when the Jan 6th insurrection was a peaceful demonstration by unarmed patriotic citizens, which unfortunately became a riot that got out of hand?

Surely they weren't..... PLANNING SOMETHING

- DSK

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

These latest charges will never stick, right bullshitters? 

This may be nothing, it looks suspicious, one person has his face blurred, perhaps an informant? The FBI has the pics we'll see how it turns out. I'm glad the photographer got these shots, it could make a difference. Those vehicles could have weapons and a change of clothes. The quick reaction force? I guess we'll find out in time.

u9C4kDb.jpg

FYzFgNZ.jpg

YeWdtpW.jpg

m2pA58N.jpg

hgZKp6l.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: While the Capitol Was Stormed, A Group of Men Gathered Near the Marine Corps War Memorial 

The photos above were taken by ARLnow staff photographer Jay Westcott around 3:30 p.m., just before Gov. Ralph Northam announced that he was sending the Virginia National Guard into D.C. 

In recalling the moment, Westcott — a Navy veteran — said the gathering “had the feeling of a rally point.” He shot the scene from a distance with a 600mm lens, reluctant to get any closer due to potential safety concerns. 

By nightfall, the men had dispersed, as ARLnow originally reported in an article about the curfew that night. 

It’s unclear what the as-yet unidentified men were doing at the memorial that afternoon. Was their presence purely coincidental, or somehow connected to the pro-Trump rally and subsequent violence at the Capitol? 

What is known is that somewhere outside of the District that day, according to federal prosecutors, a “quick reaction force” with a stockpile of weapons was allegedly ready to join the fight if ordered to do so by President Trump. 

https://www.arlnow.com/2021/03/01/exclusive-while-the-capitol-was-stormed-a-group-of-men-gathered-near-the-marine-corps-war-memorial/ 

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

This may be nothing, it looks suspicious, one person has his face blurred, perhaps an informant? The FBI has the pics we'll see how it turns out. I'm glad the photographer got these shots, it could make a difference. Those vehicles could have weapons and a change of clothes. The quick reaction force? I guess we'll find out in time.

u9C4kDb.jpg

FYzFgNZ.jpg

YeWdtpW.jpg

m2pA58N.jpg

hgZKp6l.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: While the Capitol Was Stormed, A Group of Men Gathered Near the Marine Corps War Memorial 

The photos above were taken by ARLnow staff photographer Jay Westcott around 3:30 p.m., just before Gov. Ralph Northam announced that he was sending the Virginia National Guard into D.C. 

In recalling the moment, Westcott — a Navy veteran — said the gathering “had the feeling of a rally point.” He shot the scene from a distance with a 600mm lens, reluctant to get any closer due to potential safety concerns. 

By nightfall, the men had dispersed, as ARLnow originally reported in an article about the curfew that night. 

It’s unclear what the as-yet unidentified men were doing at the memorial that afternoon. Was their presence purely coincidental, or somehow connected to the pro-Trump rally and subsequent violence at the Capitol? 

What is known is that somewhere outside of the District that day, according to federal prosecutors, a “quick reaction force” with a stockpile of weapons was allegedly ready to join the fight if ordered to do so by President Trump. 

https://www.arlnow.com/2021/03/01/exclusive-while-the-capitol-was-stormed-a-group-of-men-gathered-near-the-marine-corps-war-memorial/ 

Some guys hung out at a park: News at 11.

Nope, this is a nothingburger right now, unless some real evidence of malfeasance is uncovered. Until then it's just fear-mongering speculation, worthy of something Tucker Carlson would base an entire episode on (were it flipped to the other side).

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Nothing to see here, move along.

FJE_SF5WUAALDVa?format=jpg&name=900x900

this is a bitchslap. it was due.

18 minutes ago, Mike G said:

When Rudy isn't available, you get second-best.

But he isn’t convicted yet. Why are they dragging their feet??? 

PS. I don’t want to wait until after dinner to have dessert. I want it NOW! We’re gonna starve if we don’t get it now. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Wait, what?

Why would anybody ask for an "explosives expert" when the Jan 6th insurrection was a peaceful demonstration by unarmed patriotic citizens, which unfortunately became a riot that got out of hand?

Surely they weren't..... PLANNING SOMETHING

- DSK

Carrying explosives on a tour of the Capitol?

From the department of YCMTSU:

Capitol rioters called Nancy Pelosi's office looking for a 'lost and found' for items they left behind on January 6, according to Rep. Jamie Raskin”

https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-rioters-called-pelosis-office-for-lost-and-found-raskin-2022-1

Some good stuff in the story. Funny and sad at the same time

4 hours ago, Mike G said:

Not the smartest....

Sounds like the behaviour of people who are as stupid as they look.

3 hours ago, phillysailor said:

I can’t read it without thinking Trump fans feel entitled to special privilege. 

White privilege.

And if they are not treated as such it is very unfair. That’s MAGA in a nutshell. 

Love the crotch shield.  He probably thinks it'll protect him from Covid Dick.

779866396_ScreenShot2022-01-15at7_54_52AM.thumb.jpg.816c1986d0931bcb2caa5f7c28406694.jpg

Proud Boy's Modeling Photos Help Sleuths Bust Him For Assaulting Cops On Jan. 6

A Proud Boy and military veteran who tried to storm the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was arrested this week after online sleuths identified him with the help of photos from his modeling career.

Alan Fischer, also known as A.J. Fischer, was arrested in Florida and charged in D.C. with assaulting/resisting/impeding federal officers, civil disorder, entering restricted buildings or grounds, and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, according to court records.

Fischer was seen marching with the Proud Boys on Jan. 6, and entering the tunnel on the west side of the Capitol where some of the worst violence of the day took place. Online sleuths dubbed the man, who was no. 222 on the FBI’s Capitol Violence webpage, as “RayBanTerrorist.”

While Fischer appears to have removed much of his social media presence, it wasn’t quite enough. A number of different civilian investigators were working on the case, and one breakthrough came when sleuths got a facial recognition hit on a news story from Tampa Bay that featured images from New Years 2019, including a photo from Fischer’s Instagram page that gave them a lead. From there, they found additional photos that had been tagged on various social media websites, as well as photos from his modeling career.

Frank W. McDermott, an attorney for Fischer, declined to comment.

While Fischer’s arms were covered up when he participated in the Capitol attack, they were not when he traveled to D.C. a few weeks prior, in December 2020, and posed for a photo with a group of Proud Boys. His unique tattoos on display in that photo, which were also visible in some of his shirtless modeling photos, helped confirm his identification.

So getting tattoos is the way the 'deep state' identifies and tracks people?  That is really funny...  There is so much irony there.  "I am going to get tattooed to express my unique and creative self".... and create an easy way to be identified when participating in an insurrection.  

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

So getting tattoos is the way the 'deep state' identifies and tracks people?  That is really funny...  There is so much irony there.  "I am going to get tattooed to express my unique and creative self".... and create an easy way to be identified when participating in an insurrection.  

Nothing new there.

Tat's have always been included in "distinguishing marks" along with scars, birthmarks etc. when identifying criminals and dead bodies.

44 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Yep

And not only that, if you were to say this to them, they'd think -you- are the stupid one for not appreciating how creative and brilliant the whole thing is.

- DSK

Here's an interesting breakdown of how all this was supposed to go together, based on what we know so far. Sorry for the weird formatting, but that's how Twitter threads end up.

Since there’s so much [waves hands everywhere] crazy coming up all of a sudden, let me break down the theory of how the overturning of the election was supposed to go down:

STEP 1: John Eastman concocts a “legal blueprint” whereby VP Pence elides the requirements of the Electoral Vote Act based on 7 states submitting dual slates of electors, allowing Pence to either count the alternate slate or not count those states at all cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2021/image…

STEP 3: DOJ, meanwhile, submits letters to each state, indicating (falsely) that they have reason to believe that there has been election fraud. This creates perception that results are actually in question, bolstering VP’s ability to discount their votes documentcloud.org/documents/2108…
***I should note here that, as with the quid-pro-quo with Ukraine, it wouldn’t have mattered if these states did not actually investigate voter fraud — the DOJ letters would have been enough to create *the appearance* that the outcome in these states was still in the air

STEP 5: Plan for all of these angry and agitated individuals to come to D.C. on January 6, the day that Eastman’s plan will be put into effect. The protesters are sent to march on the Capitol, to further put pressure on VP Pence and lawmakers, as stated in Oath Keeper indictment Image
STEP 6: Since mob attack is intended to keep up pressure on Pence/lawmakers, they must be able to remain in Capitol as long as possible. So: 6a) Purge top DOD and replace with loyalists; and 6b) delay LE/National Guard response as long as possible
STEP 7: ??? I’m not sure what was supposed to happen at this point. Presumably, Pence would somehow declare Trump the winner, or if not, the Capitol would remain occupied until they found a way to make him do it. Seems like they planned to continue the siege ImageImage
The point is that there are a lot of moving parts and evidence surfacing in a lot of different areas but they are all connected to one overarching goal: Keep Trump in power by subverting the counting of the electoral votes and preventing the transfer of power to Biden /END

19 hours ago, Mike G said:

Not the smartest....

Tucker: Is that behaviour of people who believe they are trying to overthrow the US government?

No Tucker. That is the behaviour of people who who were misinformed about the 2020 election. The question you have to ask yourself, Tucker, is who misinformed them, and how much responsibility do those people have?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Nice! said:
19 hours ago, Mike G said:

Not the smartest....

Expand  

Expand  

Tucker: Is that behaviour of people who believe they are trying to overthrow the US government?

No Tucker. That is the behaviour of people who who were misinformed about the 2020 election. The question you have to ask yourself, Tucker, is who misinformed them, and how much responsibility do those people have?

Very stupid people who feel entitled, that have been lied to for years and are mad as hell about shit they can't explain.

- DSK

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Very stupid people who feel entitled, that have been lied to for years and are mad as hell about shit they can't explain.

- DSK

Absolutely true statement!

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Ever come across a dog that has just gotten lucky, and actually caught the garbage truck by the front tire?

Broken jaw, broken leg, internal injuries, it can't understand why the truck got away, and YOU! YOU MOTHER FUCKER! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO CAUSED THIS!

9 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Along the lines of terrorists not necessarily being the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Even terrorists have a budget.

• Like 1

I ran into an interesting quote in my Inbox today, regarding the US South.

Speaking truthfully is not a civic virtue. Free speech is not valued. The common good is not recognized. There is no such thing as “the public.” Equality is paid lip service. The rights of property are unquestioned.

Meanwhile, conformity is enforced, gender roles policed, the racial hierarchy maintained unto death. To call southern politics the politics of a rightwing authoritarian collective is not too much. Everything is us against them. We talk about fascism as if it’s modern. The American sort goes back to 1619.

In a very real sense, the white south is like a mini-Russia – one-party control, endemic corruption, no concern for governance and constant appeals to the very worst in humanity for the sake of restricting liberty to the master race. The line connecting Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump runs through Dixie. 

If this sounds unkind, consider this. Southern politics, by which I mean white southern politics, is what gave motivation and rationale to the J6 insurgents. They were not betraying the country. They were not committing acts of treason. They were instead defending “real Americans” from “tyranny.”

<snip>

"When Republicans say 'Real America,' they have in their heads a very specific place. It’s not a real place, as I said. It’s a wholly imagined place that, as such, frees them from moral accountability and all manner of mutual obligation to anyone who is not already committed to this wholly imagined place. It is a confederacy of the mind and spirit, unbound by tangible boundaries, a 'nation' existing inside the actual United States, where 'real Americans' live as God’s chosen people."

https://www.editorialboard.com/martin-luther-king-jr-would-have-understood-that-the-line-connecting-vladimir-putin-and-donald-trump-runs-through-dixie/

• Like 6

Excellent and thought-provoking article for MLK Day . . 

My only reservation is this statement . .   

"Southern politics, by which I mean white southern politics, is what gave motivation and rationale to the J6 insurgents."  

J6 taught us that the Riech is very active in northern states too. 

The U. of Chicago's Pape . .  

After Jan. 6, many people assumed the insurrectionists came from deep red parts of the country. But Pape says that couldn’t be farther from the truth: More than half of the more than 700 people arrested hail from counties where Biden won.

Rioters flooded in from places such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia and Chicago, he says, or from the immediate suburbs surrounding those cities, where they were essentially the political minority.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Disturbing the social order is a major offense in the south. Case in point:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/589809-florida-lgbtq-rights-activist-found-dead-in-landfill

21 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

In that way, I continue to say he is the Useful Idiot.

I tend to think that Prince, with his extensive experience with banana republic politicians, was smart enough to steer well clear of this goat rodeo. Trump is renowned for refusing to pay subcontractors.   

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mark K said:

I tend to think that Prince, with his extensive experience with banana republic politicians, was smart enough to steer well clear of this goat rodeo. Trump is renowned for refusing to pay subcontractors.   

While Obama was in office Prince was in the wilderness: Africa, Middle East. He actually left Blackwater/Xe/Academi circa 2009/2010. He wasn't looking so much for personal contracts from Shitstain but rather for Pentagon contracts because while Shitstain's word is shit, the Pentagon's paycheck doesn't bounce. He even wanted to privatize the Afghanistan war. Tom will be very pleased to hear that.

Thanks, Sol

You're making these pages relevant and important for me to read. That video was a gut punch, and your connecting Powell to those Republicans committing electoral fraud of the highest order is hopefully going to be part of how these enemies of America are brought to justice.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Thanks, Sol

You're making these pages relevant and important for me to read. That video was a gut punch, and your connecting Powell to those Republicans committing electoral fraud of the highest order is hopefully going to be part of how these enemies of America are brought to justice.

I am just sharing some of the things I find online. One of the side effects of having four years of a crime syndicate running our country is that there are a whole bunch of very intelligent, talented and honorable people no longer in the government’s employ, but still very much true to the oath that they took. They provide good shortcuts to material that should be read. Former intel, former Blackwater, former DOJ, former investigative journalist, etc. 

We need to know what happened before we can fix it. Good mechanics don’t make the big bucks for the “remove and replace” part, they make the big bucks for knowing how to diagnose what to R+R. 

• Like 1

On that topic of diagnosis, our media does a piss poor job of telling us what is going on. Case in point, WaPo taking the news that DOJ is investigating Rudy’s ties to militias and burying it in paragraph 30 of a piece about how the DOJ isn’t investigating Trump. Bullshit like that is why I do not fault @Blue Crab or others who question DOJ’s diligence in investigating the coup. It pisses me off because the DOJ is making huge progress, but you wouldn’t know it by the way our press discusses the few tea leaves we get. 

9 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Thanks, Sol

I tried to watch the video, and it says to check to verify my age, and it says I am not eligible for this YouTube video??

We are sorry, but you do not have access to YouTube. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access.

17 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Just keep spinning up that bullshit boys, and your enemy will never figure it out. Investigators still don’t know exactly what everyone’s part was…or do they?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jxAFWeAVpVpWwMSLcpaYyb16J5GromIfQA7G3wGhHA4/edit

Wait for it....

giphy.gif

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We need to know what happened before we can fix it. Good mechanics don’t make the big bucks for the “remove and replace” part, they make the big bucks for knowing how to diagnose what to R+R. 

For the most part my cars tell them what to replace.

A megabuck code reader is 90% of being a good mechanic nowadays.

32 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Mmmm, yeah I agree to an extent, but deductive reasoning of the data provided by even top shelf code readers is what separates exceptional mechanics from good ones.

52 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

True for the modern somewhat trained wrench monkey who then replaces one unit after another until the errors are gone, which of course only works while the customer still enjoys warranty or is rather wealthy.

The true skill still is in reading between the lines and finding the $25 wiring loom rendering the $$$$ units (falsely) faulty.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Grog said:

while the customer still enjoys warranty or is rather wealthy.

Another really exceptional thing about the US is all the phone calls we get offering extended warranties. We all have em.

21 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I thought some of the lower-cost readers were every bit as functional as the Big Dollar ones, no?

The Lawfare article written in the wake of the indictments for seditious conspiracy might have more applicability to the discussion than the one from months before the indictments, wouldn’t you say, bullshitters? 
https://www.lawfareblog.com/seditious-conspiracy-what-make-latest-oath-keepers-indictment

10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Lawfare article written in the wake of the indictments for seditious conspiracy might have more applicability to the discussion than the one from months before the indictments, wouldn’t you say, bullshitters? 
https://www.lawfareblog.com/seditious-conspiracy-what-make-latest-oath-keepers-indictment

I noticed they referenced they had information that was transmitted using "encrypted" chat.  Others using that must be really nervous now.

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Bullshitters are running out of plays:

“didn’t happen”

”ok, happened but not illegal (tourists)”

”ok, illegal but not serious (not an insurrection)”

”ok, insurrection but only a couple people and the Feds are done”

Garland’s response “hey bullshitters, it’s 18 and counting…”

Firearms, a drone and 30 days of supplies: New details of Oath Keepers Jan. 6 weapons cache

Oath Keepers planning to violently subvert the 2020 election stockpiled 30 days of supplies and a cache of rifles and ammunition just outside of Washington, D.C., prosecutors alleged in a late-night court filing.

In a memo seeking the pretrial detention of Oath Keeper Ed Vallejo — one of 11 members of the group charged last week with seditious conspiracy to violently prevent Joe Biden from taking office — prosecutors provided new details about the weapons stockpile Oath Keepers had assembled at a Comfort Inn in nearby Arlington, Va.

Three “quick reaction force” teams set up at the hotel, prepared to ferry weapons into Washington to support the effort to prevent Congress from finalizing Biden’s victory. But the cache became “unnecessary,” prosecutors said, because the Oath Keepers at the Capitol — using the force of the pro-Trump mob that stormed the building — were able to get inside without additional support.

But prosecutors say the Oath Keepers were prepared for a long-haul fight, one that stretched past Jan. 6 to the inauguration. Messages exchanged by Vallejo and others suggested the group cased the Capitol on Jan. 7 and discussed plans to continue working against the transfer of power up through Biden’s inauguration.

But the most salient details in the new memo describe the planning and stockpiling of weapons at the Comfort Inn. Among them, prosecutors say, were “at least three luggage carts’ worth of gun boxes, rifle cases, and suitcases filled with ammunition.”

“A second QRF team from North Carolina consisted of four men who kept their rifles ready to go in a vehicle parked in the hotel lot,” according to the Justice Department. “Later, Vallejo and other members of the Arizona QRF team wheeled in bags and large bins of weapons, ammunition, and essential supplies to last 30 days.”

Prosecutors say that as some Oath Keepers breached the Capitol, Vallejo “attempted, but failed, to launch … a ‘drone with a 720p cam for recon use.’” Capitol Police officials have, in recent days, described efforts to protect the Capitol against unauthorized drones.

Prosecutors say Vallejo is too dangerous to be released pending trial, noting that he continued to profess support for the violent attack on the Capitol even last month, just days before his arrest. 

“That Vallejo’s co-conspirators did not activate him on January 6 does not mitigate his dangerousness,” they argue. “Vallejo traveled across the country and staged himself near the congressional proceedings ready to transport firearms and equipment into the nation’s capital. That is what makes him a danger. And there is no evidence that he has renounced violence or that he no longer believes in the necessity of guerilla warfare after January 6.”

Vallejo is slated to face a magistrate judge Thursday afternoon to determine whether he will be released pending trial.

About 20 members of the Oath Keepers were charged as part of a broader conspiracy to block Congress from certifying Biden’s election, including the 11 now facing seditious conspiracy charges. More than a dozen breached the Capitol amid the broader riot and discussed hunting for lawmakers while they were inside.

Vallejo was arrested last week at the same time as Oath Keepers national leader Stewart Rhodes, who is also awaiting a pretrial detention hearing as soon as this week.

1 hour ago, USA 236 said:

I wish nothing more than Tucker to walk in front of a bus. 

Can he be bring Joker, jerkz,  Venom, Seamount, and all the other RWNJ's here along with him, please?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Can he be bring Joker, jerkz,  Venom, Seamount, and all the other RWNJ's here along with him, please?

What if the RWNJs are all just Gouv?

30 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Vallejo’s Detention hearing, Gov’t Memo. 
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.azd.1285411/gov.uscourts.azd.1285411.7.0.pdf

Interesting facts set forth for such a nothingberder. 

What a moroon. He knew their communications were under surveillance due to a snitch, but still posted advise about destroying evidence and about being willing to DIE, but only after running out of ammo over something he called "vaccine equality". 

56293584.jpg