Jump to content

Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

One such fact is that "Elmer" is Stewart Rhodes' first name. No wonder he grew up bad.

He is an Elmer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Anyone praising Mike Pence for not overturning the 2020 Presidential Election should temper their enthusiasm, because he was just proving, once again, that he didn't have the resolve necessary to take

Posted Images

* drift alert *

I work for a large engineering and construction company.  Every meeting starts with a 'safety moment'.  Usually something benign and common sense like:

  • Be careful on ladders. 
  • Be careful around heavy equipment. 
  • Don't use your phone and drive.

Since I work with a lot of Americans, I am thinking when it is my turn to present a safety topic, it will be 'safety while overthrowing your government'.  It could cover:

  • Hide your tattoos so the FBI has a harder time identifying you. 
  • Let your fellow insurrectionists know if you have allergies or sensitivities to mace, bear spray or pepper spray. 
  • Wear gloves to protect your hands while throwing metal barricades at police. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotcha. 

Ivanka signed documents promising to turn over official electronic messages pertaining to her time in the White House to the National Archives.

Once you've engaged in a conspiracy, you become partly responsible for the actions of the collective, not just your part.

Ivanka could point to her telling daddy 'please stop the bad men from attacking LEOs at the Capitol' as when she refused membership in the conspiracy UNLESS she is also engaged in a coverup of said conspiracy by neglecting her duty to turn over relevant messages to the National Archives.

That's a problem, because daddy dearest is becoming toxic and is now resorting to parking garage lawyers. As soon as FOX News officially circles its wagons, the GOP be instructed to tell Trump to pay his own legal bills.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Gotcha. 

Ivanka signed documents promising to turn over official electronic messages pertaining to her time in the White House to the National Archives.

Once you've engaged in a conspiracy, you become partly responsible for the actions of the collective, not just your part.

Ivanka could point to her telling daddy 'please stop the bad men from attacking LEOs at the Capitol' as when she refused membership in the conspiracy UNLESS she is also engaged in a coverup of said conspiracy by neglecting her duty to turn over relevant messages to the National Archives.

That's a problem, because daddy dearest is becoming toxic and is now resorting to parking garage lawyers. As soon as FOX News officially circles its wagons, the GOP be instructed to tell Trump to pay his own legal bills.

Yup. In that context, the Committee just threw her a lifeline. They knew she didn’t turn over all of her records to the archives. (Given that their letter to her happened hours after the Archives transmitted the records, I suspect that they had the Archives records or at least an index of them all along.) Time will tell if she climbs on that floating door and allows her Jack(wagon) brothers sink to the depths….

My curiosity is piqued about the communications with congressmen and Senators. We are beginning to get an idea of why so many opposed the idea of a 1/6 investigation…. Some tough questions coming their way methinks. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yup. In that context, the Committee just threw her a lifeline. They knew she didn’t turn over all of her records to the archives. (Given that their letter to her happened hours after the Archives transmitted the records, I suspect that they had the Archives records or at least an index of them all along.) Time will tell if she climbs on that floating door and allows her Jack(wagon) brothers sink to the depths….

My curiosity is piqued about the communications with congressmen and Senators. We are beginning to get an idea of why so many opposed the idea of a 1/6 investigation…. Some tough questions coming their way methinks. 

Trump's new lawyer is trying to determine if he can marry his daughter so as to use spousal immunity. I don't think it'll work...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2021 at 11:42 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

 

Judge Beryl Howell just became the fifth (maybe sixth) judge to shoot down the silly motions to dismiss the 1512(c)(2) charges, in an oral ruling citing the other judges orders as the reason she did not need to write an opinion on it. She was not impressed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG.

Those two documents are crazy.

They show the two opposing forces in the White House... the Steven Miller/Rudy G team playing the role of the devil, encouraging Herr Trump to make Sydney Powell a Special Counsel in charge of investigating the 2020 election and federalizing National Guard troops to help secure the voting machines and records.

Then there are the angels who wrote the National Healing speech which tells the rioters they don't speak for the Trump movement, are criminals, and deserve prison sentences.

THE TRUTH WILL OUT

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phillysailor said:

OMG.

Those two documents are crazy.

They show the two opposing forces in the White House... the Steven Miller/Rudy G team playing the role of the devil, encouraging Herr Trump to make Sydney Powell a Special Counsel in charge of investigating the 2020 election and federalizing National Guard troops to help secure the voting machines and records.

Then there are the angels who wrote the National Healing speech which tells the rioters they don't speak for the Trump movement, are criminals, and deserve prison sentences.

THE TRUTH WILL OUT

The truth will come out. Now we know why all of those former Secretaries of Defense wrote that public letter to Sec. Miller about keeping the military out of our elections. THat was on what, Jan. 3?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realize that Charles Flynn had been nominated to General and passed by voice vote in the Senate. Why hasn't that shitbag been fired yet? I can assume that all Biden has to say is that he has lost confidence him.

https://sites.duke.edu/lawfire/2016/09/15/can-presidents-fire-senior-military-officers-generally-yesbut-its-complicated/

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Pretty damn funny for a member of congress. 
 

 

 

 

Does the Newt specify exactly what laws the J6 committee are breaking????

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

Does the Newt specify exactly what laws the J6 committee are breaking????

If the party of law and order regains power, they won't need a reason to jail political enemies..."Lock her up" will become a reality.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bridhb said:

If the party of law and order regains power, they won't need a reason to jail political enemies..."Lock her up" will become a reality.

Exactly. Newt was just saying the quiet part out loud. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bridhb said:

If the party of law and order regains power, they won't need a reason to jail political enemies..."Lock her up" will become a reality.

 

It's no longer the party of law and order; many of them supported the attack on the Capitol.  And still do today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bridhb said:

If the party of law and order regains power, they won't need a reason to jail political enemies..."Lock her up" will become a reality.

And don’t think for a second that The Party would object to such a policy. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Pretty damn funny for a member of congress. 
 

 

 

Let’s hear the outrage from the GOP. Yep hey should immediately distance themselves from the PoS. Political hailing’s? Really? Executions next? And they say it isn’t fascism?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

 

It's no longer the party of law and order; many of them supported the attack on the Capitol.  And still do today.

Those were just patriots doing their patriotic duty to stop the steal.  Or they were peaceful protestors.  Or they were tourist.  Which one is it this week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Darwin needs a capacity increase - his productivity is completely inadequate.

I just got a text from Darwin who asked, quite reasonably, "why are you letting unvaxxed into hospitals?"

I got nutin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I just got a text from Darwin who asked, quite reasonably, "why are you letting unvaxxed into hospitals?"

I got nutin.

 

One should have to have a vax card to be admitted to a hospital bed...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

One should have to have a vax card to be admitted to a hospital bed...

Our reasonable medical poster will be offended by that. Rightly so. Rather than have the Drs triage, that should be handled by a sales pitch.

A simple: Voluntarily Unvaxx'ed will receive protocol #1) Ivermectin, vitamin D, urine, hydrogen peroxide and other "cures" - all in the loving care of their home.

Vaxxed and involuntary unvaxx'ed will be subject to the horrors of medical science, including, but not limited to: hospitalization, retroviral therapies, breathing therapies including intubation if needed, etc.

 

It's all in the sale. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

One should have to have a vax card to be admitted to a hospital bed...

Oh we are sorry, the Veterinary hospital is just down the street they have the ivermectin treatment you require……… urine, hydrogen peroxide and other therapies can be safety administered at home-good luck and oh by the way if you’re having trouble breathing it’s too late to get a vaccination.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

"Attention all unvaxxed people: Triage in the parking lot please ... near the refrigerated trailer. Thank you".

You could put that on a sign, but then they'd have to read.

- DSK

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Book Review Alert!!!!!!!!!!  Insurrecting is hard. I'm just finishing Double Crossfire, AJ Tata 2019 [like the world needs another AJ] which is about a coup, with a TFG-like pres and flotus, etc and who's embedded is definitely unknown. Decent body count. Big bad protagonist. Capable love interest. Couple of technical mistakes -- I cannot guess how this happens, the author is a ret one star. Speaking of stars I'll, give this a 2/5.  It's better than no "thriller" to read but kinda mechanical, clunky.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Book Review Alert!!!!!!!!!!  Insurrecting is hard. I'm just finishing Double Crossfire, AJ Tata 2019 [like the world needs another AJ] which is about a coup, with a TFG-like pres and flotus, etc and who's embedded is definitely unknown. Decent body count. Big bad protagonist. Capable love interest. Couple of technical mistakes -- I cannot guess how this happens, the author is a ret one star. Speaking of stars I'll, give this a 2/5.  It's better than no "thriller" to read but kinda mechanical, clunky.   

With the old ghostwriter model(Art of the Deal), and now the crowd-sourced model of writing books(Most-major sci-fi it seems), isn't it the author's real job to create the idea/reality the novels will be part of? Who knows who actually writes the books then, and does it even matter?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

A simple: Voluntarily Unvaxx'ed will receive protocol #1) Ivermectin, vitamin D, urine, hydrogen peroxide and other "cures" - all in the loving care of their home.

Don't forget the half onion.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Insurrecting is hard, isn’t it, bullshitters?

 

E0A89F0D-BE5B-4E29-85A7-0CD8E1ACC2A4.png

96D9FE2B-D180-47B3-964B-55A4D949A5EB.png

 

I had not heard of this woman so I went to google.  This gal is stark raving bonkers!!!

https://www.oleantimesherald.com/news/mckean-county-woman-charged-in-capitol-riot-case-sent-back-to-jail/article_cf652b5f-33c1-5f7d-8dd0-69e00e8c6e87.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

She’s the Sovereign Citizen, right? Just another breed of bullshitter. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

she should be committed NOT to jail BUT an Nuthouse...perhaps there's a open couch at Jokers shack?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 8:01 AM, Jules said:

Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

Of course it wasn't. You state the obvious.

But it was hardly anything new. Presidents Carter and Clinton issued pardons to the perpetrators. Obama had close ties with Bill Ayers:


From: https://www.history.com/news/us-capitol-building-violence-fires
"On March 1, 1954, four Puerto Rican Americans fired guns in the House of Representatives, injuring five congressmen. The attackers said they acted to demand independence for the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico. (Puerto Ricans have U.S. citizenship but can’t vote for president and have no voting representatives in Congress.) The injured congressmen survived, and the four shooters received prison sentences. President Jimmy Carter commuted one of their sentences in 1977, and granted clemency to the other three in 1979.

On March 1, 1971, a bomb exploded in the Capitol building. While the explosion did not injure anyone, it caused some $300,000 in damage. A group calling itself the Weather Underground claimed to be behind the bombing and said it was in protest of the ongoing U.S.-supported bombing of Laos." 

From https://www.wibc.com/blogs/mock-n-rob/historical-horror-clinton-pardoned-ex-terrorist-now-working-for-blm/
"HISTORICAL HORROR: BILL CLINTON PARDONED EX-TERRORIST NOW WORKING FOR BLM
Last week’s attack on the U.S. Capitol building brought to mind another attack on our nation’s most revered and sacred buildings in D.C.

November 7, 1983, motivated by United States military involvement in Lebanon and Grenada, six members of the radical left-wing Resistance Conspiracy bombed the U.S. Senate building."

From: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2012/03/09/fbi-insists-weather-underground-bomber-bill-ayers-is-a-domestic-terrorist/
"FBI Insists Weather Underground Bomber Bill Ayers is a Domestic Terrorist
During an interview with the State Journal-Register in Illinois, William Ayers, one of the founders of the Weather Underground, who launched President Obama’s political career at his Chicago home, insisted he was “absolutely not” a domestic terrorist. But that’s not what the Federal Bureau of investigations (FBI) insists.
The FBI wrote: Twenty-nine years ago Thursday, an explosion rocked the headquarters of the U.S. State Department in Washington, D.C. No one was hurt, but the damage was extensive, impacting twenty offices on three separate floors. Hours later, another bomb was found at a military induction center in Oakland, California, and safely detonated. A domestic terrorist group called the Weather Underground claimed responsibility."
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Surfer7 said:

Of course it wasn't. You state the obvious.

But it was hardly anything new. Presidents Carter and Clinton issued pardons to the perpetrators. Obama had close ties with Bill Ayers:

I can believe you penned the bolded sentence as it's gibberish.  The remainder has very little if anything to do with 1/6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I can believe you penned the bolded sentence as it's gibberish.  The remainder has very little if anything to do with 1/6.

 

Please don't quote the RWNJ's!  Many of us have them on ignore.....:angry:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like bullshitters are getting off easy...

Jan. 6 influencer who called for ‘civil war’ sentenced to probation

Many high-profile right-wing voices pushed angry supporters of President Donald Trump to “rise up” to keep him in power despite the 2020 election result, but so far among them only Stewart Rhodes, the founder of the extremist group Oath Keepers, faces charges of seditious conspiracy.

The sentencing to probation Monday of one such pro-Trump social media influencer charged in the Jan. 6 Capitol riots, Brandon Straka, helps explain why.

Straka, 44, is a former New York City hairstylist who promoted himself as a gay former liberal in a #WalkAway social media campaign that encouraged voters to leave the Democratic Party. Rhodes faces a prison sentence of up to 20 years if he is convicted, but Straka on Monday received three months’ home detention, three years’ probation and a $5,000 fine for misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Like Rhodes, recently indicted along with 10 Oath Keepers members and alleged affiliates of conspiring to use violence to try to stop Joe Biden’s certification as president, Straka claimed to have hundreds of thousands of social media followers before Jan. 6, 2021. Neither of the two men actually entered the Capitol building or committed violence or property damage, but as Rhodes is charged with doing, Straka admitted in plea papers to urging angry Trump supporters in public speeches and statements to prepare for battle ahead of the attack.

“Straka stoked the passions of his followers, frequently telling the ‘Patriots’ that it was time to ‘rise up’ as part of a ‘civil war,’ ” and that they “could not allow” a Biden transition, Assistant U.S. Attorney Brittany L. Reed wrote.

“We are in a civil war,” Straka told 600,000 followers on Twitter on Dec. 2, 2020, using rhetoric that echoed Rhodes, addressing Trump supporters online and in Washington at a Jan. 5, 2021, “Stop the Steal” rally at Freedom Plaza by urging them to “fight back” and referring to “revolution.”

Straka’s calls “could reasonably have been interpreted by some readers as a call for more than just a figurative struggle,” Reed wrote, before nevertheless advising that Straka serve four months’ home detention and three years’ probation on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.

Rhodes’s lead prosecutor Kathryn L. Rakoczy used similar terms in seeking to detain him pending trial, arguing that he methodically prepared his co-conspirators to use force to stop a Biden transition, emphasizing that Rhodes is accused of saying there was no choice but to take up arms.

Rhodes cast the struggle to hold the White House in “existential terms,” regularly using the terms “civil war” and “revolution” between the November 2020 election and January 2021 inauguration, Rakoczy said. A judge said she would rule on Rhodes’s detention status by Wednesday.

But the differences between the cases show how wide the legal gulf is between Rhodes’s alleged conduct and others who used similar rhetoric, and the unusual scope of Rhodes’s alleged conspiracy among more than 700 people federally charged in the Capitol breach. Rhodes has denied wrongdoing, saying he never wanted or told his group to enter the U.S. Capitol.

Rhodes’s indictment goes beyond prosecutors alleging a call to arms in his online and public statements. Instead, it describes a months-long effort to recruit and organize co-conspirators from his organization into teams from several states; purchase, transport and stage firearms near Washington; undergo paramilitary training; and plot for possible action after Jan. 6, 2021, and before Inauguration Day. At the Capitol, some of Rhodes’s co-defendants and members of the Oath Keepers assaulted police and Rhodes and others erased their phones, the indictment charges..

By contrast, Straka was not accused of conspiring with others or taking any other unlawful actions before heading to the Capitol after learning it had been breached, U.S. District Judge Dabney L. Friedrich said. Straka, one of several Jan. 5 rally speakers and MAGA influencers to be arrested, became one of the first to plead guilty in October. He also cooperated “fully, truthfully and completely,” said prosecutors, who dropped a felony count of impeding police during civil disorder.

At the Capitol, Straka recorded himself in front of a mobbed entrance, urging a crowd to wrest away a riot shield from a police officer and shouting: “Take it! Take it!” and “Go! Go!” to rioters trying to push their way in at another point, he admitted in plea papers.

While police were still battling rioters, Straka doubled down on “inflammatory rhetoric,” prosecutors said, tweeting 660,000 followers, “Patriots at the Capitol- HOLD THE LINE.”

In Straka’s defense, attorney Bilal A. Essayli said a sentence of community service and the two days he served in jail after his arrest would be sufficient, blasting prosecutors for filing a 30-page sentencing recommendation for a misdemeanor crime that was filled with out-of-context statements “and non-relevant conduct designed to stoke political flames.”

“The government fixates on defendant’s social media following and is apparently attempting to make a public example of a prominent Trump-supporting influencer,” Essayli said. “Prosecutors can’t have it both ways,” by charging Straka of petty misdemeanor while alleging he somehow bears responsibility “for the overall violence that day.”

Straka denied being part of any organized conspiracy with Trump or his allies to disrupt Congress, his attorney said.

Straka apologized to police, lawmakers and the American people for his involvement in an event “that caused shame and embarrassment for our country, and served no purpose other than tear away at our already divided country.” He said his followers would never support him if he was seen as supporting violence.

Friedrich acknowledged Straka’s remorse and cooperation, as well as his First Amendment rights to state his political views and personal beliefs. But the judge said Straka intended to impede Congress and inflamed the riotous mob.

Straka’s “statements and action on and around January 6 indicate he not only anticipated events that unfolded that day, he celebrated them to a degree,” encouraging and defending the unlawful attack on the Capitol, she said.

Straka’s foundation purports to promote peaceful dialogue, Friedrich added, “but his actions on January 6 were anything but. They did not serve his stated mission. Instead, they served to undermine democracy and the rule of law. Election challenges are [pursued] through the courts, not storming the Capitol.”

The government said it would file a sealed addendum in his case, although he did not formally enter a cooperation agreement.

Prosecutors noted that, like Rhodes, Straka made a living from his movement. Straka’s foundation reported $648,464 in revenue from speaking engagements in 2020, and a related political action committee raised $29,101, prosecutors said. Shortly before his plea, Straka addressed 357,000 Facebook followers as “Patriots,” urging them to tune out “negative press … likely coming down the pike” as he took the first meaningful step toward concluding “the perils of the situation I am in.”

“Hang on tight,” Straka wrote on the site, where he had plugged a forthcoming “grand relaunch” of his campaign. “It’s just pointless noise. The best is yet to come. We’re almost there.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Please don't quote the RWNJ's!  Many of us have them on ignore.....:angry:

RWNJ... would that be Rich Wing Nut Job?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I can believe you penned the bolded sentence as it's gibberish. 

It's what he does best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jules said:

RWNJ... would that be Rich Wing Nut Job?

 

Most of them are middle-class Right Wing Nut Jobs...

The Rich wing is waiting in the "wings", to see if the Rich blokes will support them in any way, or turn the cold shoulder to them?????

 

Tune in to supporting Ukraine, as Russia sends in 860,00 troops!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:
3 hours ago, Jules said:

RWNJ... would that be Rich Wing Nut Job?

Really White Nut Jobs

The Really White Wing Nut Jobs think that they’re temporarily embarrassed Rich Wing Nut Jobs but then they’re actually just nut jobs who are really white with the occasional wannabe white.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

 

Who was it who said “You see the mob takes the Fifth,” he said. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

Of course then there's

Eric Trump and Allen Weisselberg invoked their 5th Amendment rights more than 500 times in Trump Organization probe

Link to post
Share on other sites

This insurrection is an absolute boon for these lawyers.  Most of these defendants are going into hock to provide a legal defense.  I saw a bunch on twitter complaining that they have their houses mortgaged to the hilt with HELOCs, drained their 401k's and other savings.  Amazing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

they have their houses mortgaged to the hilt with HELOCs, drained their 401k's and other savings.  Amazing.

That is just sooooo sad !! 

The only thing not sad about it is lawyers getting way rich.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great - impoverish the fuckers.

No power and no money - a fate worse than death or imprisonment to them.

Make them spend the rest of their shitty lives in a refrigerator carton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

This insurrection is an absolute boon for these lawyers.  Most of these defendants are going into hock to provide a legal defense.  I saw a bunch on twitter complaining that they have their houses mortgaged to the hilt with HELOCs, drained their 401k's and other savings.  Amazing.

The thread title should change to Broke Dumbshits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:
7 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

This insurrection is an absolute boon for these lawyers.  Most of these defendants are going into hock to provide a legal defense.  I saw a bunch on twitter complaining that they have their houses mortgaged to the hilt with HELOCs, drained their 401k's and other savings.  Amazing.

The thread title should change to Broke Dumbshits.

I think one of the impending crises we'll see in the news is the tide of bankruptcies brought on by covid hospital bills. The insurrectionist bankruptcies will be icing on the cake

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Eric Trump and Allen Weisselberg invoked their 5th Amendment rights more than 500 times in Trump Organization probe

Kinda makes you wonder if those involved in creating that clause in the 5th weren't projecting the need to protect themselves in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

How about "Broke, soon to be dead dumbshits"???

Neither to occur soon enough

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Most of them are middle-class Right Wing Nut Jobs...

And the party they fervently support works for the rich, not them.  Which makes them Rich Wing Nut Jobs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another broke dumbshit?

Man who wore 'Camp Auschwitz' sweatshirt during US Capitol riot pleads guilty

The man who was photographed inside the US Capitol wearing a "Camp Auschwitz" sweatshirt on January 6, 2021, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor trespassing charge on Wednesday.

Robert Packer, 57, could face up to six months in prison when he is sentenced in April, though many defendants who pleaded to the same charge and are not accused of violence received much less or no jail time.

Packer is the latest high-profile defendant to plead guilty, as prosecutors work to resolve the hundreds of misdemeanor cases. Nearly 200 defendants have pleaded guilty so far to federal crimes related to their conduct on January 6.

An image of Packer inside the Capitol went viral on social media during the riot, sparking shock and outrage. The black sweatshirt had a graphic image of a skull and crossbones and bore the name of the Nazi concentration camp where about 1.1 million people were killed during World War II -- most of them Jews.

The bottom of his shirt read, "Work brings freedom," which is the rough translation of the phrase "Arbeit macht frei" that was on the concentration camp's gates.

Prosecutors say that Packer traveled from Virginia to attend the pro-Trump rally on January 6. He entered the building despite seeing broken windows and the mob fighting police, according to the plea agreement read aloud during the hearing. And he was nearby when rioters broke House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office sign and when Ashli Babbitt was shot. Packer left the building after about 20 minutes.

When FBI agents searched Packer's home after his arrest in January, they found swastika artwork, a folder titled "Whites Only Material," and pictures of Hitler and other Nazi imagery, according to court documents.

Other rioters on January 6 have espoused anti-Semitic views, and senior US officials have said white supremacists played a role in the insurrection.

Link to post
Share on other sites

U.S. judge hands down 44-month sentence for Capitol rioter who assaulted police

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -A U.S. judge on Thursday imposed a 44-month prison sentence on a man who pleaded guilty to a felony charge after throwing objects at police during last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol and boasting about his actions on social media. 

The defendant, Nicholas Languerand, has been jailed since his arrest in April in South Carolina and will receive credit for time served. 

Prosecutors had recommended a 51-month sentence, but U.S. District Judge John Bates in Washington said a "modest reduction" was warranted in light of Languerand's personal circumstances, including what the judge described as a "extremely difficult and chaotic upbringing." 

When Languerand was a child, his father intentionally set fire to a trailer Languerand and his mother were living in, nearly killing them, Languerand's grandfather told the judge during the sentencing hearing.

Read more: https://my.earthlink.net/channel/news/article?id=2022:newsml_KBN2K00ZI:2  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

U.S. judge hands down 44-month sentence for Capitol rioter who assaulted police

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -A U.S. judge on Thursday imposed a 44-month prison sentence on a man who pleaded guilty to a felony charge after throwing objects at police during last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol and boasting about his actions on social media. 

The defendant, Nicholas Languerand, has been jailed since his arrest in April in South Carolina and will receive credit for time served. 

Prosecutors had recommended a 51-month sentence, but U.S. District Judge John Bates in Washington said a "modest reduction" was warranted in light of Languerand's personal circumstances, including what the judge described as a "extremely difficult and chaotic upbringing." 

When Languerand was a child, his father intentionally set fire to a trailer Languerand and his mother were living in, nearly killing them, Languerand's grandfather told the judge during the sentencing hearing.

Read more: https://my.earthlink.net/channel/news/article?id=2022:newsml_KBN2K00ZI:2  
 

Backing the blue, right bullshitters?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Just in: Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keeper charged with sedition in connection with Jan. 6, has been detained pretrial by a magistrate judge in Texas. 
5:17 PM · Jan 26, 2022 


Borrowing a page from El Chapo, Stewart Rhodes installed "elaborate escape tunnels" in his backyard, according to this ex-wife.

Also: "...hid unregistered cars in the woods"
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

 

 

 

Just in: Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keeper charged with sedition in connection with Jan. 6, has been detained pretrial by a magistrate judge in Texas. 
5:17 PM · Jan 26, 2022 


Borrowing a page from El Chapo, Stewart Rhodes installed "elaborate escape tunnels" in his backyard, according to this ex-wife.

Also: "...hid unregistered cars in the woods"
 

Its Nothing -he was a well prepared tourist thats all......the Boys scouts motto is "Be Prepared" and he was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

With all this prep and they still failed, and still didnt get away.

We 'uns need to know whom among us were part of that  . .

and call them out at every opportunity. 

Don't be shy or reticent - they count on that. 

https://insurrectionindex.org/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Judge casts doubt on January 6 defense strategy of calling Trump to the stand

A federal judge appeared unconvinced on Wednesday that Donald Trump should be allowed to testify at a trial of a US Capitol riot defendant who is arguing the former President could be a helpful witness. 

Judge Reggie Walton said that having Trump and his allies testify would not necessarily help Dustin Thompson's defense, which plans to argue that Trump and others goaded his supporters to storm the Capitol. Thompson is accused of entering the Capitol and stealing a coat rack. 

"I just (didn't) see what more you get having them come into court to testify," Walton said during the hearing, pointing out the defense could play videos of what Trump and others said at a rally that preceded the attack. 

A Justice Department prosecutor agreed with Walton during the hearing.

Many of the defendants facing criminal charges for their role in the January 6 insurrection have tried to share blame with Trump or shift blame to him. While some federal judges have lambasted the former President, often not by name, and suggested he bears some responsibility for what happened that day, they also have said the defendants should be held responsible for their own actions.

Yet now, judges must confront the possibility that defendants may try to use Trump's gravity -- and strong political condemnation of him in the nation's capital -- before juries. 

Federal trials against alleged January 6 rioters are scheduled to begin at the end of next month. 

Thompson's attorney, Samuel Shamansky, previously asked Walton if the US Marshals Service could be used to deliver subpoenas to Trump and several others, including Rudy Giuliani, Steve Bannon and Sidney Powell. That opened up the conversation on Wednesday about Trump and his associates.

Shamansky said he doesn't dispute what Thompson did that day but argued that "the question is how and why he gets there." He said that rioters were "whipped up into a frenzy" by Trump and his allies. 

In another case headed to trial, the Justice Department has argued to block the possible defense that Trump gave permission for the attack on the Capitol. 

The judge in the case -- for riot defendant Aaron Mostofsky -- has not yet resolved whether it will be allowed. 

A third judge in the court, Beryl Howell, has already rejected the legal argument that a defendant could have been entrapped into crime because of Trump's words on January 6, prosecutors have noted. The President doesn't have the power to allow crime and waive laws at will, Howell wrote nearly a year ago when she decided to keep in jail a January 6 defendant awaiting trial. 

Walton put it more bluntly on Wednesday. 

"Just because the Pope says it," doesn't mean a Catholic can commit a crime, he said in court. "I'm not convinced." 

Walton is set to issue a written order in response to Thompson's request in the coming days. His trial is set to begin in April.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Judge casts doubt on January 6 defense strategy of calling Trump to the stand

A federal judge appeared unconvinced on Wednesday that Donald Trump should be allowed to testify at a trial of a US Capitol riot defendant who is arguing the former President could be a helpful witness. 

Judge Reggie Walton said that having Trump and his allies testify would not necessarily help Dustin Thompson's defense, which plans to argue that Trump and others goaded his supporters to storm the Capitol. Thompson is accused of entering the Capitol and stealing a coat rack. 

"I just (didn't) see what more you get having them come into court to testify," Walton said during the hearing, pointing out the defense could play videos of what Trump and others said at a rally that preceded the attack. 

A Justice Department prosecutor agreed with Walton during the hearing.

Many of the defendants facing criminal charges for their role in the January 6 insurrection have tried to share blame with Trump or shift blame to him. While some federal judges have lambasted the former President, often not by name, and suggested he bears some responsibility for what happened that day, they also have said the defendants should be held responsible for their own actions.

Yet now, judges must confront the possibility that defendants may try to use Trump's gravity -- and strong political condemnation of him in the nation's capital -- before juries. 

Federal trials against alleged January 6 rioters are scheduled to begin at the end of next month. 

Thompson's attorney, Samuel Shamansky, previously asked Walton if the US Marshals Service could be used to deliver subpoenas to Trump and several others, including Rudy Giuliani, Steve Bannon and Sidney Powell. That opened up the conversation on Wednesday about Trump and his associates.

Shamansky said he doesn't dispute what Thompson did that day but argued that "the question is how and why he gets there." He said that rioters were "whipped up into a frenzy" by Trump and his allies. 

In another case headed to trial, the Justice Department has argued to block the possible defense that Trump gave permission for the attack on the Capitol. 

The judge in the case -- for riot defendant Aaron Mostofsky -- has not yet resolved whether it will be allowed. 

A third judge in the court, Beryl Howell, has already rejected the legal argument that a defendant could have been entrapped into crime because of Trump's words on January 6, prosecutors have noted. The President doesn't have the power to allow crime and waive laws at will, Howell wrote nearly a year ago when she decided to keep in jail a January 6 defendant awaiting trial. 

Walton put it more bluntly on Wednesday. 

"Just because the Pope says it," doesn't mean a Catholic can commit a crime, he said in court. "I'm not convinced." 

Walton is set to issue a written order in response to Thompson's request in the coming days. His trial is set to begin in April.

It would be interesting if he were to testify.  We all know he cannot control himself and would blurt out something to implicate himself.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

 

Did Jamie Raskin just spill the beans?

 

 

We could settle this much faster if we had one strongman running the show and making all the decisions about who gets prosecuted and how. A lot of people wanted to replace our system with that brand of efficiency. Rep. Raskin definitely was not one of them. He is definitely dropping some hints. I look forward to reading the Committee’s report. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We could settle this much faster if we had one strongman running the show and making all the decisions about who gets prosecuted and how. A lot of people wanted to replace our system with that brand of efficiency. Rep. Raskin definitely was not one of them. He is definitely dropping some hints. I look forward to reading the Committee’s report. 

Hmmm Rapid government response on Pay Per View. Sadly, there are no Democrats with the stomach for that. I look forward to that report too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

It would be interesting if he were to testify.  We all know he cannot control himself and would blurt out something to implicate himself.

Trump saying, "I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me God" would be just as ludicrous as him taking the presidential oath of office. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites