Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Funny to me that people take swearing on the Bible to mean anything at all. 

They don’t have to use bibles. They don’t even say “so help me god” anymore. They just have to swear to tell the truth. 

In medieval times, they used to make people giving testimony swear on the bones of a saint.

Maybe we should go back to that? But compelling people to tell the truth is difficult. The best way is to not ask any question you don't already know the answer to.

- DSK

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

So how high did the conspiracy go? At least this high:

You know, I wouldn't mind if Trump did some time, deservedly so, but understand the position, etc, etc, etc

Miller however, that twerp should do serious time. Likely the guy behind all of it.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

You know, I wouldn't mind if Trump did some time, deservedly so, but understand the position, etc, etc, etc

Miller however, that twerp should do serious time. Likely the guy behind all of it.

Miller should do time underwater. Like about 30 minutes.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I think Navarro's account rings true, it was Bannon who conceived this. "Flood the area with BS" is his MO. Bannon held no position within government at the time, so saying Miller was behind it is not wrong. Where ever the idea came from doesn't really matter, the people who used their positions in government to implement it will be the ones on the hook.  

8 minutes ago, Mark K said:
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I think Navarro's account rings true, it was Bannon who conceived this. "Flood the area with BS" is his MO. Bannon held no position within government at the time, so saying Miller was behind it is not wrong. Where ever the idea came from doesn't really matter, the people who used their positions in government to implement it will be the ones on the hook.  

Hmmm, agreed with the caveat that it's still illegal to insurrect even if you're a civilian.

Military, police, other gov't employees, should pay a higher penalty.

Elected officials and cabinet members should get serious time + barred from any official position forever. Exiled and stripped of citizenship, even.

- DSK

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Funny to me that people take swearing on the Bible to mean anything at all. 

Some people got really upset when I once referred to "that fucking Bible"

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

They don’t have to use bibles. They don’t even say “so help me god” anymore. They just have to swear to tell the truth. 

Is "Fuck Yeah" adequate?

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Some people got really upset when I once referred to "that fucking Bible"

I wanted to puke when TFG did that stupid photo in front of a charge holding the Bible!!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

As much as some of us want this to implicate Trump, the whole I-was-just-following-orders should never be a valid legal defense when it comes to matters of such importance.

Trump doesn't need this to be implicated. He has pretty much already implicated himself.

• Like 1

COMES NOW, Tom will say that 2 out of 3 (government official and defendant relies on that advice) is like totally a majority or something and then produce a Reason article buttressing his case. However you shouldn't in any way take this as his minimizing the underlying alleged crime. Tom is only seeking the truth.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvx5a8/the-guy-who-flew-a-confederate-flag-in-the-capitol-has-predictably-surrendered

Even better, it's a twofer. His son turned himself in as well. They got caught because said dumb son of a bitch ran his mouth off at work. No word yet on whether the mother was involved. Also, parading the treasoner's flag around is the least of their worries.

8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvx5a8/the-guy-who-flew-a-confederate-flag-in-the-capitol-has-predictably-surrendered

Even better, it's a twofer. His son turned himself in as well. They got caught because said dumb son of a bitch ran his mouth off at work. No word yet on whether the mother was involved. Also, parading the treasoner's flag around is the least of their worries.

Another victim of the War of Northern Aggression. 

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Another victim of the War of Northern Aggression. 

Lock him up, and his son as well...  Then, throw away the key!

6 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Lock him up, and his son as well...  Then, throw away the key!

He should have been dragged out of the Capitol and strung up from that gallows on the spot. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He should have been dragged out of the Capitol and strung up from that gallows on the spot. 

And use the rope they had set up for Mike Pence!

49 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

And use the rope they had set up for Mike Pence!

Lets not be too hasty here.

Surely they could re-use it after they were finished with Pence?

6 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

“A clean slate of electors.”

Clean? As in White? Or the biblical cleanliness of the MAGA adherents? Or simply fake like Clean Coal?

Yeah their choice of words is kinda revealing

- DSK

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Lets not be too hasty here.

Surely they could re-use it after they were finished with Pence?

Sure, but they would have to disinfect it first to make sure it didn't transmit Covid.

3 hours ago, Nice! said:

... the whole I-was-just-following-orders should never be a valid legal defense...

Isn't that the same excuse the Nazis used in the trials?

‘We are desperate for new people’: inside a hate group’s leaked online chats

Leaked chats of the US white supremacist group Patriot Front have revealed the day-to-day organizing of a far-right gang desperate for new members as it seeks a higher profile in the US with provocative public marches.

More than 400 gigabytes of private communications from chat logs on RocketChat, an alt-tech platform favored by far-right groups, were obtained and published by Unicorn Riot, a left-wing nonprofit media organization that reports on social movements.

The chat logs reveal a group of men struggling to expand membership and being harangued by their leadership to maintain physical fitness, show up to events and contribute financially to the cause of white supremacy – all with limited success. It also shows how the group uses social media to make itself seem larger than it is.

Chats indicate the white supremacist group has about 200 members. The messages show a coordinated effort to commit vandalism and intimidate people of color nationwide. The group requires members to deface racial justice murals and monuments to Black Lives Matter in their communities, much like a street gang that requires initiates to “tag” buildings as a form of vandalism and intimidation.

Chats show that the group’s leaders regularly reprimand members for failing to meet exercise or participation requirements. It also shows a group fixated on getting more members, a task it has found difficult. “We are absolutely desperate for new people. We’ve been in the 220’s to 230’s membership rut for nearly a full year,” wrote Thomas Rousseau, the founder of Patriot Front.

Patriot Front garnered headlines and trended on social media this month after marching in uniform with shields alongside anti-abortion activists in Chicago and Washington DC. The leaked chats reveal that the demonstrations were part of a strategy to recruit new members to the group.

The chats outlined a plan to create fake social media accounts that would pose as bystanders to their marches. The fake accounts would then post deceptive material on platforms like Twitter, Reddit and 4chan. One pre-written tweet about Patriot Front’s 4 December march down the National Mall referred to “about 500 men with riot shields marching in #washingtondc” – but there were far fewer than that counted at the actual event.

The chats also instructed members to direct message a mix of traditional media outlets and rightwing media figures, such as Andy Ngo.

“We’ve been trending all day since last night,” one member wrote. “Another news piece that mentions us,” said another. Patriot Front members rejoiced after being thrust into the national conversation. “We’re the news cycle, now. Everyone lean into your promotions,” wrote Rousseau.

Huh

I would not ever have pictured a Rousseau as a far-right or white-supremacist guerilla wanna-be. Truly, we live in a strange and a changed modern world. But I'm glad to hear they are having recruitment trouble.

- DSK

13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I would not ever have pictured a Rousseau as a far-right or white-supremacist guerilla wanna-be.

You are the only one then. 

Thomas Ryan Rousseau began revealing adherence to white supremacy as a member of his high school newspaper. This aided in his rapid ascension into leadership on the racist right, first with Vanguard America and later with his founding of Patriot Front. Southern Poverty Law Center

6 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:
13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I would not ever have pictured a Rousseau as a far-right or white-supremacist guerilla wanna-be.

You are the only one then. 

Thomas Ryan Rousseau began revealing adherence to white supremacy as a member of his high school newspaper. This aided in his rapid ascension into leadership on the racist right, first with Vanguard America and later with his founding of Patriot Front. Southern Poverty Law Center

I dunno, I bet a lot more people think of this guy when they see/hear the name "Rousseau"

220px-Jean-Jacques_Rousseau_(painted_por

Kinda the opposite attitude in life. But then, it's been a long time

- DSK

• Like 2
13 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Isn't that the same excuse the Nazis used in the trials?

And largely, it didn't work.  I will pay for a can of gas if Trump decides to do the right thing.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:03 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Exactly. Newt was just saying the quiet part out loud. 

Speaking of Newt, I was reminded of this gem from 3 years ago - 

51359024_10218268489005865_5425154443492458496_n.jpeg

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It would be way easier to drag him out onto the front lawn at Mar A Liar and just shoot the fucker.

yes, yes it would.

16 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I dunno, I bet a lot more people think of this guy when they see/hear the name "Rousseau"

220px-Jean-Jacques_Rousseau_(painted_por

"Some say", the first modern man of the left. 

You go Jean-Jacques !!

6 hours ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:
Oath Keeper leader's estranged wife releases photographic evidence of his 'elaborate escape tunnels'

Tasha Adams, the estranged wife of Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, is providing photographic evidence of the "elaborate escape tunnels" he allegedly constructed in their backyard.

On Wednesday, a federal magistrate judge cited Adams' testimony about the escape tunnels in an order denying Rhodes bond on seditious conspiracy and other charges related to the Capitol insurrection.

A short time later, Adams posted photos corroborating her testimony.

"Folks if you ever feel tempted to rent a backhoe and dig escape tunnels in the backyard of your rental house, keep in mind it may come back to haunt you if you later attempt to overthrow the US government," Adams wrote.

20 minutes ago, bridhb said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

30 days and $500?

And 2 years probation and 60 hours of community service.

In all, I think the community service is likely to do the most good.

- DSK

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He likely has more than 8 family members and friends.  They won't each post $10.00.  Hilarious.

There was a guy who ran for la neighborhood office in Baltimore County.  Made known he was married with 3 adult children, all of whom lived in his neighborhood.  He received 3 votes in the election.

I repeatedly made fun of Mike Pence, but on 1/6, he did it right.  My previous scorn has evolved into respect for that day.  But no-one should call their wife mommy or Mother.  I know it has roots, but no.  Not if you are having even decent sex.

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Insurrecting is hard, isn’t it, bullshitters?

Or cheap obviously.  Tom Sawyer got more in 2022 dollars for people wanting to paint a fence!

18 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
35 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Insurrecting is hard, isn’t it, bullshitters?

Or cheap obviously.  Tom Sawyer got more in 2022 dollars for people wanting to paint a fence!

Looks like Pernicious Tom didn't chip in his dime collection.

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

I repeatedly made fun of Mike Pence, but on 1/6, he did it right.  My previous scorn has evolved into respect for that day.  But no-one should call their wife mommy or Mother.  I know it has roots, but no.  Not if you are having even decent sex.

He was in a tough spot on J6, and it seems he chose wisely. But it was the bed he made for himself.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nice! said:

He was in a tough spot on J6, and it seems he chose wisely. But it was the bed he made for himself.

He did the right thing, he has two or three pensions, let's mourn for somebody else.

9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

He did the right thing, he has two or three pensions, let's mourn for somebody else.

The RIGHT thing is to offer to testify and clear the air.  No 5th.  

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

And 2 years probation and 60 hours of community service.

In all, I think the community service is likely to do the most good.

- DSK

Nothing like picking up the empty bottles at a Jr. Varsity girls soccer game for 6 weeks to make you feel repentant.:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Nothing like picking up the empty bottles at a Jr. Varsity girls soccer game for 6 weeks to make you feel repentant.:rolleyes:

Unless he’s a perv…

5 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

What if the wife calls you Daddy?  lol.

5 hours ago, Mike G said:

Seriously?  After the 1/6 idiots, he's about 500 down on the list.  You have shit for brains.

8 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Seriously?  After the 1/6 idiots, he's about 500 down on the list.  You have shit for brains.

Yeah, seriously.  It's what an American with balls would do.

2 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Yeah, seriously.  It's what an American with balls would do.

An American who doesn't think.  Wait, are 

5 hours ago, Mike G said:

Are you supporting Trump.  Are you that fucking stupid?  I just bet you are.

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

Mike G, you really believe Trump is the answer?  No one is that stupid.

12 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

We were talking about Pence.  You, for some reason cut him some slack and said he did the right thing.

I said the right thing is for Pence to testify, and not take the 5th.

Sorry if I was confusing.

6 minutes ago, Mike G said:

We were talking about Pence.  You, for some reason cut him some slack and said he did the right thing.

I said the right thing is for Pence to testify, and not take the 5th.

I am sober tonight.

You?

Reasonable, but on 1/6, he was the only GOP member who acted with proper decorum.  Drag him in before Jim Jordan, seriously?

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Reasonable, but on 1/6, he was the only GOP member who acted with proper decorum.  Drag him in before Jim Jordan, seriously?

I was thinking the 1/6 committee.  Let him tell his side of the story.  That's what a real American, with  balls does.

ESPECIALLY somebody that was made a target by Trump.

5 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I was thinking the 1/6 committee.  Let him tell his side of the story.  That's what a real American, with  balls does.

I have this worry we're on the same side.  Sorry.  Pence has no future, he should go off on Trump! 

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

I have this worry we're on the same side.  Sorry.  Pence has no future, he should go off on Trump! 

ARE YOU SUPPORTING TRUMP?  ARE YOU THAT STUPID!!!1!!??

Kidding....I think we agree on more than we disagree on.

1 minute ago, Mike G said:

ARE YOU SUPPORTING TRUMP?  ARE YOU THAT STUPID!!!1!!??

Kidding....I think we agree on more than we disagree on.

Sorry, I read it wrong.  A foe of Trump is a friend of mine!

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Jim Jordan is not on the Commission

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

I’m thinking the committee already know, they just need the muppets to confirm publicly and when they finally do the last surname you will want in the world will be Trump.

Anyone praising Mike Pence for not overturning the 2020 Presidential Election should temper their enthusiasm, because he was just proving, once again, that he didn't have the resolve necessary to take such a bold step. He simply lacked the courage of his master's convictions, and  perhaps he didn't want to share in the nincomcoup's seditious convictions.

If Mike Pence wanted a moment to truly become a Great American, he would testify, on live TV, before the Jan 6 committee and state clearly how Donald Trump attempted to overthrow our democracy.

But he will not, and America will continue to rot from within. In this way, Pence will secure his well deserved place in ignominy.

• Like 8