Sign in to follow this  
Grrr...

Impeachment: Why Now?

12 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Then file criminal charges after he leaves.

I stand behind impeachment is a constitutional way to remove an elected official from office. 

I believe they will come.  But, a message from the government that riling up a horde and sending them to the Capitol to disrupt a Constitutional process as part of a free and fair election, specifically naming the VP as a target, will not be tolerated is needed, IMHO.

13 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

The problem is, and I agreed with you a week or so ago, but the fact is he chose the date to do this.  He broadcast it in advance.  Then he followed through. If he did this exact same thing on say December 5th, would that be enough time for him to be impeached?  Or November 5th?  There's no precedence for the last day you can impeach a President when they commit an impeachable offense so he had to be impeached. 

I think Censor would have been a better option and might have seen even more support from the GOP.   Was he really a clear and present danger after the capitol riot. I don’t think so his proverbial goose was cooked

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I think Censor would have been a better option and might have seen even more support from the GOP.   Was he really a clear and present danger after the capitol riot. I don’t think so his proverbial goose was cooked

Maybe for another President, but a strongly worded letter means nothing to this guy.  I almost wish he would have done it on November 5th so a clear and present danger wasn't yet another issue he caused.  But, of course, here we are.

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I think Censor would have been a better option

It's Censure, dumbass.  And I do not believe censure is warranted here.  It's nothing more than slap on the wrist.  It would be a tacit approval that it's ok to incite rebellion.  Fuck that.

• Like 1

Far too may people believed President Trump's statement about shooting someone on 5th Avenue was hyperbole.  It wasn't.

President Trump truly believes with every fiber of his being he can do whatever the fuck he wants.  Too many people have bought into that shit and agree.

18 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Trump will be gone shortly,  yes his goose is cooked. 

The reason I support impeachment over censure is purely to rat out which gopers are beholden to their extreme base,  and would rather continue to lie rather than lose votes. 

It is the lying that needs to stop,  and IMHO the gopers who continue to stand by him are going to regret their support.

Stuff will come out.  Money will continue to stop flowing.

And super pacs will tar and farther any primary challengers against gopers who stopped supporting trumps lies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

LIAR.  

Look at your own posted timeline.  and claims.  You actually claimed that committees were meeting on Friday discussing the articles. 
Pulled out of your ass along with the mandatory three day wait “to think it over”.  

?? I think you're confused. Go back and read my posts.

I never said "thinking it over" was mandatory, however the 3 day wait -was- mandated by the House. When the Articles were brought onto the House floor on Monday morning, it was stated that the soonest the House could vote on them was Wednesday... after 3 days. Both wordings were used, variously.

Of course, everything you disagree with is LIES!!!! so keep right on melting down, little snowflake. Maybe you can beat Dog's record for making himself look both dishonest and idiotic

- DSK

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

It's Censure, dumbass.  And I do not believe censure is warranted here.  It's nothing more than slap on the wrist.  It would be a tacit approval that it's ok to incite rebellion.  Fuck that.

Ok Mr “irregardless”. 

As to what’s warranted unless he is convicted in a senate trial this will be less than a slap on the wrist.  

Something that requires 2/3’s of the senate  and the fact that he will be out of office a conviction is not likely to happen 

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

As to what’s warranted unless he is convicted in a senate trial this will be less than a slap on the wrist.  

Something that requires 2/3’s of the senate  and the fact that he will be out of office a conviction is not likely to happen 

Whenever it happens, it it will put on record Senate supporters of Trump’s attempted coup for history and future legal reference.

There is also the likelihood that more evidence will come to light which should persuade the votes of wavering Senate Trump sycophants to face up to the illegal threats,  Giving into a threat is also illegal, and the threats will surely happen again, further implicating them down the line?

So what is the rush you so desperately crave? Do you honestly think that a quick impeachment vote in the Senate will miraculously wipe the GOP slate clean and save others from potential legal consequences? A quickly “absolved” Trump will only encourage him and his cult followers to try even harder on January 20.

Patience grasshopper.....

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Ok Mr “irregardless”. 

A President impeached twice out of 4 impeachments in the history of the US is not less than a slap on the wrist.  Does anyone remember if one was convicted?  He will be forever remembered as the worst President in his four short years of any President in history.  He's the Donald Sterling of Presidents.  Rightfully so.

None have been convicted.

Yet.

16 hours ago, The Joker said:

I agree, he did not cause the riot. The riot was planned before he made his admittedly provocative speech. Censure was the way to go.

But it is another notch for Nancy.

23 minutes ago, Dog said:

I agree, he did not cause the riot. 

Did you check with your mouse first?

26 minutes ago, Dog said:

I agree, he did not cause the riot. The riot was planned before he made his admittedly provocative speech. Censure was the way to go.

But it is another notch for Nancy.

He did indeed cause the riot.

20 minutes ago, bridhb said:

He did indeed cause the riot.

No....there's a whole host of incitements that played on the perverted minds of the rioters over the last four years. To pin it all on Trump's speech (which included btw direction to “peacefully and patriotically make your voices be heard”) is to rationalize for political purposes.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

No....there's a whole host of incitements that played on the perverted minds of the rioters over the last four years. To pin it all on Trump's speech (which included btw direction to “peacefully and patriotically make your voices be heard”) is to rationalize for political purposes.

This is correct. 

As the Articles themselves state, there were numerous instances of Trump lying to the American people which create the basis  for impeachment.

He has accepted advice from a lawyer known to be working with a Russian agent, and made no attempt to correct that situation. In fact, Trump doubled down on Rudy’s plans and watched, pleased, as Giuliani incited the American people to engage in combat to support insurrection based on a foreign plot.

Once Trump was deplatformed from social media accounts, the amount of misinformation on the internet regarding the election was substantial, perhaps as much as 73%

If you regard truth and elections as an important part of America, then an assault on both warrants impeachment.

Glad you are starting to recognize that the impeachment is not just about the individual words and phrases of a single speech.

21 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

This is correct. 

As the Articles themselves state, there were numerous instances of Trump lying to the American people which create the basis  for impeachment.

He has accepted advice from a lawyer known to be working with a Russian agent, and made no attempt to correct that situation. In fact, Trump doubled down on Rudy’s plans and watched, pleased, as Giuliani incited the American people to engage in combat to support insurrection based on a foreign plot.

Once Trump was deplatformed from social media accounts, the amount of misinformation on the internet regarding the election was substantial, perhaps as much as 73%

If you regard truth and elections as an important part of America, then an assault on both warrants impeachment.

Glad you are starting to recognize that the impeachment is not just about the individual words and phrases of a single speech.

It's about the words of a single speech (made after the assault on the capitol was planned) and about contesting the results of the election which is hardly impeachable behavior. Don't get your hopes up.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

It's about the words of a single speech (made after the assault on the capitol was planned) and about contesting the results of the election which is hardly impeachable behavior. Don't get your hopes up.

Contesting the results is one thing.  Telling lies that the election was rigged and Trump is the real winner is a another.  

with 2 impeachments he'll go out with some bradding rights as the only president to get impeached twice, says something, for the history books 

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

As a legal question, it's an open-and-shut case. That's why it took so little time to "deliberate" in Congress.

Did the mob disrupt/delay attempt to overthrow with violence, the US Gov't and it's Constitutional functions? Yes.

Did President Donald Trump's words encourage and promote that action? Yes.

The End.

- DSK

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

“President Trump's conduct on January 6, 2021, followed his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 Presidential election. Those prior efforts included a phone call on January 2, 2021, during which President Trump urged the secretary of state of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, to "find" enough votes to overturn the Georgia Presidential election results and threatened Secretary Raffensperger if he failed to do so.”

Quoting from the Articles is just SO unfair. Your misinformation is easily exposed.

The impeachment is about more than just his speech and conduct on the day of the insurrection, it is also about a pattern of behavior that instigated this day of infamy.

Why do you hate America?

19 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

“President Trump's conduct on January 6, 2021, followed his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 Presidential election. Those prior efforts included a phone call on January 2, 2021, during which President Trump urged the secretary of state of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, to "find" enough votes to overturn the Georgia Presidential election results and threatened Secretary Raffensperger if he failed to do so.”

Quoting from the Articles is just SO unfair. Your misinformation is easily exposed.

The impeachment is about more than just his speech and conduct on the day of the insurrection, it is also about a pattern of behavior that instigated this day of infamy.

Why do you hate America?

This is just a guess, people that Dog identifies as "leftists" committed something he views as harmful to him personally, and it set off some primitive reaction in his brain. He's been lashing out with hatred and irrational attacks ever since; without some major psychological healing, Dog will never be able to function in a free and open society of laws. It makes me sad.

- DSK

there's a whole host of incitements that played on the perverted minds of the rioters over the last four years. 

Yes, mostly by Trump himself plus Fox News and the like spreading misinformation and lies.  

5 hours ago, Dog said:

. The riot INSURRECTION was planned before he made his admittedly provocative speech INCITEMENT.

Where dog finally admits Trump incited an insurrection.  Just like the impeachment article states.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

with 2 impeachments he'll go out with some bradding rights as the only president to get impeached twice, says something, for the history books 

A joke to troll the Trump family.  

Q: "Why was Trump impeached twice?" 

A: ""He was only around for 4 years."  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Why do you hate America?

Because it's no longer Republican.

4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Because it's no longer Republican.

So for the last 4 years pretty much the Republicans were in power the president and senate, The president ran under MAGA, well he and the senate failed .He could have been the greatest president ever if only he fulfilled his/their promises 

So take the economy , The only thing that's keeping it going is the feds keep printing money or debt for our children  , the market is up a little , but that only helps the rich ( market double under Clinton and O) failed

Health care , needs a major overhaul and we're still under Obama care ,  failed

Our environment many of our waterways and polluted and unsuitable to even swim in, . And most of our forests are burning down Failed

Infrastructure, our roads and bridges are falling apart, how about some High speed trains like China or Japan Failed 

Corruption in the Government FAILED!

Equity for all Americans , we returned to the 1950's Failed

Oh and the WALL, well most illegals /drugs come here under it ( tunnels) over it (planes)or around it (ships)failed

I'm sure there's more , so if you can tell me what good the Republicans have done in the last 4 years I'm all ears,

The last GOPer I voted for Bush then McCain 

11 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

So for the last 4 years pretty much the Republicans were in power the president and senate, The president ran under MAGA, well he and the senate failed .He could have been the greatest president ever if only he fulfilled his/their promises 

So take the economy , The only thing that's keeping it going is the feds keep printing money or debt for our children  , the market is up a little , but that only helps the rich ( market double under Clinton and O) failed

Our environment many of our waterways and polluted and unsuitable to even swim in, . And most of our forests are burning down Failed

Infrastructure, our roads and bridges are falling apart, how about some High speed trains like China or Japan Failed 

Oh and the WALL, well most illegals /drugs come here under it ( tunnels) over it (planes)or around it (ships)failed

I'm sure there's more , so if you can tell me what good the Republicans have done in the last 4 years I'm all ears,

Hillary used email. 

On 1/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, Bus Driver said:

And, President-elect Biden has suggested the Senate deal with the Impeachment for half the day, with the other reserved for Confirmation hearings. 

Despite a popular belief, they CAN do more than one thing at a time.

Chewing gum and walking?  Shirley, you jest.

15 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
16 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

Hillary used email. 

There are other meaningful reasons to hate her - she wears pant suits and has cankles.

16 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

Trump is going to reveal his fantastic health care plan, any day now!

- DSK

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Trump is going to reveal his fantastic health care plan, any day now!

- DSK

"Fantastic" is absolutely the right word. Almost everything Trump promised was a fantasy. And everything Trump touched, died. 

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 8:13 PM, Sidecar said:

Whenever it happens, it it will put on record Senate supporters of Trump’s attempted coup for history and future legal reference.

There is also the likelihood that more evidence will come to light which should persuade the votes of wavering Senate Trump sycophants to face up to the illegal threats,  Giving into a threat is also illegal, and the threats will surely happen again, further implicating them down the line?

So what is the rush you so desperately crave? Do you honestly think that a quick impeachment vote in the Senate will miraculously wipe the GOP slate clean and save others from potential legal consequences? A quickly “absolved” Trump will only encourage him and his cult followers to try even harder on January 20.

Patience grasshopper.....

This.... Slow walk it at this point.  Give Biden (and his DOJ) his 100 days.  By that time they should have a much better idea, from their own people, of how this all went down.  

He needs impeached, it’s the closest thing you have to driving a stake through the heart of a vampire or using a silver bullet if you don’t, he will be back.

You don’t really want him to come back do you?