Sign in to follow this  
Senator Seditious Maximus

Trump's Deep.State Plant at NSA

So they can expect 4 days employment.

6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Apparently he couldn’t be fired by the Biden admin because he’d be a civil servant.  I’m sure they’d find a way to marginalize him though.

23 minutes ago, Fakenews said:
6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Apparently he couldn’t be fired by the Biden admin because he’d be a civil servant.  I’m sure they’d find a way to marginalize him though.

The list of misbehaviors that civil servants can be fired for is very long.

- DSK

41 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I doubt it - the agency's top lawyer is almost certainly SES, not GS. Even if he is GS, he has a year's probation before all the GS protections kick in.

5 hours ago, Fakenews said:

The Gubmint has a long-standing way to deal with obvious political hacks embedded by past administrations, the new administration appoints someone to be his or her boss. From that point on this person becomes what is known as a "hall walker". There is nothing in their in-basket but office management memos. They are called hall-walkers because at some point they get tired of doing crossword puzzles and watching Youtubes and start taking aimless strolls about the building. 

3 minutes ago, Mark K said:

The Gubmint has a long-standing way to deal with obvious political hacks embedded by past administrations, the new administration appoints someone to be his or her boss. From that point on this person becomes what is known as a "hall walker". There is nothing in their in-basket but office management memos. They are called hall-walkers because at some point they get tired of doing crossword puzzles and watching Youtubes and start taking aimless strolls about the building. 

I suspect NSA will slow-roll a clearance and so on until past inauguration day. These things take time ;)

Just now, kent_island_sailor said:

I suspect NSA will slow-roll a clearance and so on until past inauguration day. These things take time ;)

Fuckin-A, I hope so.

What a fucking joke this president, and his supporters are.

Assholes.

I yield back my time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Anyone can be fired.

It just takes a process called "Progressive discipline"

It can be done in a few weeks if required.

25 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Anyone can be fired.

It just takes a process called "Progressive discipline"

It can be done in a few weeks if required.

Not really needed in the first year for most positions. Another way is to assign someone to endless bathroom soap machine testing until they go away on their own.

Not good enough here.

A Trump plant needs to be publicly fired.

Perp walked is even better.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Not good enough here.

A Trump plant needs to be publicly fired.

Perp walked is even better.

Or leave him there and feed him a ton of fake news ;)

New reporting in Axios about more fuckery from Trump. Kash Patel almost became CIA director. This is just the first part of the article. 

In his final weeks in office, after losing the election to Joe Biden, President Donald Trump embarked on a vengeful exit strategy that included a hasty and ill-thought-out plan to jam up CIA Director Gina Haspel by firing her top deputy and replacing him with a protege of Republican Congressman Devin Nunes.

The plan stunned national security officials and almost blew up the leadership of the world's most powerful spy agency. Only a series of coincidences — and last minute interventions from Vice President Mike Pence and White House counsel Pat Cipollone — stopped it.

The ploy to rattle Haspel and perhaps intentionally trigger her resignation unfolded in a lurching and incompetent way, like a bad Monty Python skit, on one chaotic day in early December.

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows was ordered to fire — and then immediately unfire — the CIA's Deputy Director Vaughn Bishop.

In his place, Trump planned to install Kash Patel — a former top Intelligence Committee staffer to Nunes who had served on Trump's National Security Council but had no agency experience. In Trump's mind, this could potentially lead to Patel running the agency without needing to get Senate confirmation.

Trump had spent his last year in office ruminating over Haspel. Some of Trump's hardcore allies, including Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo, had been publicly raising doubts in his mind about her. He grew to distrust her and instead wanted a loyal ally at the top of the CIA.

She wasn't the only national security official the president wanted out.

Six days after the election, he had fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper. He replaced Esper with counterterrorism chief Chris Miller — and then stunned long-time national security hands by installing Patel as Miller's chief of staff. Patel had no military experience and was widely seen as a political mercenary bent on punishing the president's perceived "deep state" foes.

But Trump told confidants he had bigger plans for Patel: He'd replace long-time CIA veteran Bishop with Patel, and if Haspel quit in protest, then Patel or another loyalist could lead the CIA.

https://www.axios.com/off-the-rails-trump-cia-kash-patel-6c5ea317-43e9-48da-993f-5c7ab823c4c1.html