Borax Johnson

Phil  Spector  DTS

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Good. He was a sob. 

That’s a little harsh but true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Good. He was a sob. 

True...  but many say he starting mentally going downhill after the car accident which is not an excuse for what/if he did....  up until them, they're is some great music out there with his name on it..

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was there ever a more talented super creep?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Was there ever a more talented super creep?

Do you look at the creepy or the talent axis? 

Savile1-gt.jpg?width=990

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

True...  but many say he starting mentally going downhill after the car accident which is not an excuse for what/if he did....  up until them, they're is some great music out there with his name on it.

There's good music out there with Jim Gordon's name on it too.

 

38115756-9157015-image-a-33_1610901394660.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Good. He was a sob. 

42 minutes ago, ROADKILL666 said:

That’s a little harsh but true 

28 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Was there ever a more talented super creep?

 

Didn't he kill someone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was still the 60's I'd feel sorry.

Since it's now, the world is a little better place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

 

Didn't he kill someone?

 

Mrs. Vargas (Lana Clarkson).

The Wall of Sound was an impressive response to Berry Gordy’s Motown sound. IMO Spector overproduced a good chunk of All Things Must Pass, it sounds like he just kept adding more layers to the point it was just noise on some songs that would have been better dialed back a bit (George was particularly pissed about a few). Seemed to happen a lot on his later productions, like he didn’t know when to leave well enough alone. Overall though an impressive career but a real asshole by many accounts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WhoaTed said:

IMO Spector overproduced a good chunk of All Things Must Pass, it sounds like he just kept adding more layers to the point it was just noise on some songs that would have been better dialed back a bit (George was particularly pissed about a few). Seemed to happen a lot on his later productions, like he didn’t know when to leave well enough alone. 

Paul McC hated what PS didde to 'Longue and Windeng Roade'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Paul McC hated what PS didde to 'Longue and Windeng Roade'.

That, and John flubbing around on the bass. Paul worked hard on the song, thinking it a masterpiece (arguably so) and thought they were disrespecting him. Not one of my favorite songs, but the versions that were later stripped down are beautiful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

 

Didn't he kill someone?

 

Yes he did back in 2003

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a chick kneel in front of him , he held a gun out and told her to suck the barrel and then he pulled the trigger.  Now I know we’ve all had thoughts like this ourselves, but we don’t actually follow thru with it. He did. What a dick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Had a chick kneel in front of him , he held a gun out and told her to suck the barrel and then he pulled the trigger.  Now I know we’ve all had thoughts like this ourselves, but we don’t actually follow thru with it. He did. What a dick. 

Speak for yourself

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Talk about a psychopathic fantasy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing talent and an amazing creep. He thought his talent and fame allowed him to do anything he wanted.  Unfortunately a woman died because of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is this cultural tendency to suppose that someone with an immense talent in something must not be a crazy psychopath or just a dysfunctional unprincipled person. Hitler? Charismatic intelligent persuasive opportunistic psycho. Athletes and celebrities are less overtly damaging examples. Why would I care about their opinion about anything other than their industry? An actor pretends for a living. They convincingly pretend to be a something. How in the world does that qualify them to have some profound insight to politics or foreign policy or domestic policy. They keep waxing philosophically their social “responsibility” to “speak out” for or against this or that. Oh just shut up. 

Spector? Talented psycho. No more, no less. Good riddance. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Spector? Talented psycho. No more, no less. Good riddance. 

Thank you, That's why I attached a picture of Ms Clarkson, her very violent death seems like an afterthought in this thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 6:31 PM, Matagi said:

Do you look at the creepy or the talent axis? 

Savile1-gt.jpg?width=990

He was talentless and fucking creepy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now