saxdog

New Yorker reporter's video from inside the riot at the Capitol

'bone chilling', and also cringeworthy as fk. I wish those dipshit trumpturds would stick to their paintball.

LOL,

Those bunch of idiots couldn't organize a rush to the stage at a concert.

The real issue is the appalling security measures for your Capital building.

Even though everyone knew for weeks ahead of time there would be a large group of Trump crazies there to cause trouble.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keith said:

LOL,

Those bunch of idiots couldn't organize a rush to the stage at a concert.

The real issue is the appalling security measures for your Capital building.

Even though everyone knew for weeks ahead of time there would be a large group of Trump crazies there to cause trouble.

There was a small inner circle who were well organized. They were the ones who were smart enough that, when it turned out that Congresspersons & Pence had escaped their grasp, to look for the Electoral College votes and how to find certain offices.

- DSK

That Air Force LTC(who heretofore will have the nickname "Cuffs" between his first and last names)  must be damn happy somebody recorded that. Barking at the guys sitting in the Big Chairs could help a lot during the sentencing phase of his trial.  

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s Antifa doing a false flag, right Bullshitters?

Despite the lack of Melanin in the crowd, I'm pretty sure it was Black lives matter that attacked.

I’m amazed at how calm they were.  I wonder how many will use the “but it’s people’s house as their  defense”.  And the tears that will follow when they are convicted. 
On the other hand compare this to the absolute destruction committed  by the BLM protestors over the summer.  In many cases they destroyed anything they couldn’t steal 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

I’m amazed at how calm they were.  I wonder how many will use the “but it’s people’s house as their  defense”.  And the tears that will follow when they are convicted. 
On the other hand compare this to the absolute destruction committed  by the BLM protestors over the summer.  In many cases they destroyed anything they couldn’t steal 

Black rioters should have stayed calm and killed cops instead, so bullshitters would notice how little they damaged. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I too am amazed at how "calm" they were. Faux anger? having a bit of fun? sense of entitlement maybe? 

"Oooh, how do we celebrate the end of a fun rally? Oh I know!! lets go scare the shit out of people, build a noose, see if we can find that bitch Pelosi and Traitor Pence and HANG THEM!!  all after we've prayed and shat in the Rotunda mind! TRUMP"S COMING WITH US so it's all OK!"

29 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Black rioters should have stayed calm and killed cops instead, so bullshitters would notice how little they damaged. 

Cops did get injured and killed during the summer protests.  But clearly  they did not to matter to you.  

Violence over the summer
killer charged

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I too am amazed at how "calm" they were. Faux anger? having a bit of fun? sense of entitlement maybe? 

"Oooh, how do we celebrate the end of a fun rally? Oh I know!! lets go scare the shit out of people, build a noose, see if we can find that bitch Pelosi and Traitor Pence and HANG THEM!!  all after we've prayed and shat in the Rotunda mind! TRUMP"S COMING WITH US so it's all OK!"

Watch and listen to the rhetoric at any protest.  Madonna openly talked about blowing up the White House.  What is said or displayed outside is political free speech and safe from prosecution. Calling it for what it represents and condemning it is also allowed and should be encouraged. 

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Watch and listen to the rhetoric at any protest.  Madonna openly talked about blowing up the White House.  What is said or displayed outside is political free speech and safe from prosecution. Calling it for what it represents and condemning it is also allowed and should be encouraged. 

And what's said after illegally entering the capitol building by force and ransacking and photographing the paperwork found there?

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

And what's said after illegally entering the capitol building by force and ransacking and photographing the paperwork found there?

Easy, Wheres the security to the well-telegraphed and known threat? complete fail.

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Tell us about all the times Madonna broke into the White House with weapons and explosives, after openly talking about blowing up the White House.

Also, please acknowledge the facts that police killings blamed by Pence on AntiFa/BLM were in fact carried out by right-wing extremists

Calling it for what it is, and condemning it, should be encouraged.

- DSK

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keith said:

Easy, Wheres the security to the well-telegraphed and known threat? complete fail.

Well, the violent BLM protestors didn't storm the Capitol building so I suppose they had no reason to assume a huge mob gathered to specifically "protest" the election would do either!

:rolleyes:

Fail, innocence, "Joker like" head in the sand, or deliberate negligence?

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Not getting your point.  Once they entered the capitol building they should and will  be charged.  If they admitted it outside it certainly should be used as evidence.   You seem to be under the impression that the majority of the protestors that day broke the law. 

18 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I think the point you were trying to make: Watch and listen to the rhetoric at the storming of, and insurrection at the capital building. What was said shows the true intent of the insurrectionists. What was spoken during the committing of many crimes. What a person says, when planning, committing, and after committing a crime can, and will be held against them. Remember Dragnet?

Whereas "free speech" is what is said while not in the act of insurrection. Not in the act of committing a crime. That's where the Madonna reference is apt. 

1 minute ago, jhc said:

I think the point you were trying to make: Watch and listen to the rhetoric at the storming of, and insurrection at the capital building. What was said shows the true intent of the insurrectionists. What was spoken during the committing of many crimes. What a person says, when planning, committing, and after committing a crime can, and will be held against them. Remember Dragnet?

Whereas "free speech" is what is said while not in the act of insurrection. Not in the act of committing a crime. That's where the Madonna reference is apt. 

Agreed.  Meli often has issues understanding how our rights work. 

15 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Tell us about all the times Madonna broke into the White House with weapons and explosives, after openly talking about blowing up the White House.

Also, please acknowledge the facts that police killings blamed by Pence on AntiFa/BLM were in fact carried out by right-wing extremists

Calling it for what it is, and condemning it, should be encouraged.

- DSK

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well, the violent BLM protestors didn't storm the Capitol building so I suppose they had no reason to assume a huge mob gathered to specifically "protest" the election would do either!

:rolleyes:

Fail, innocence, "Joker like" head in the sand, or deliberate negligence?

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Not getting your point.  Once they entered the capitol building they should and will  be charged.  If they admitted it outside it certainly should be used as evidence.   You seem to be under the impression that the majority of the protestors that day broke the law. 

Um. The point is the video posted in the OP. You won't get the point if you don't watch the whole thing. Watch it and get back to us.:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You seem to be under the impression that the majority of the protestors that day broke the law. 

Once the mob breeched the police barricade, quite a ways from the capital steps, they were all breaking the law. You should know that. 

Willfull ignorance, is no excuse. Not a valid argument. Fail.

I saw school yard bullies completely bereft of sensibilities fuelled by a form of emotive hate filled righteousness.  

With their principal and some teachers exhorting them that bullying is not only acceptable but the new world order.

Generation Bully. Proudly made in America.

Fuck yeah.         

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jhc said:

Once the mob breeched the police barricade, quite a ways from the capital steps, they were all breaking the law. You should know that. 

Willfull ignorance, is no excuse. Not a valid argument. Fail.

So you think EVERY person that attended the rally in DC even if not involved in the break in should also be charged with breaking the law?

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So you think EVERY person that attended the rally in DC even if not involved in the break in should also be charged with breaking the law?

Every person who entered the Capitol needs to be arrested, charged, and tried.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I have said the same, but that was not my question. I was asking JHC if someone simply being in DC, for the rally should face charges.  As to the trespassers  Would you agree that the charges would depend on what they engaged in.   For example the  guy that threw the fire extinguisher vs someone that stayed inside the velvet ropes in the public areas,  without entering any restricted  areas? 

"I think Cruz would want us to do this"

Damn...It looks like the talking points have been distributed from the Patriot's Prayer/Proud Boys HQ on Red Square. 

It took them long enough.

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:
30 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I have said the same, but that was not my question. I was asking JHC if someone simply being in DC, for the rally should face charges.  As to the trespassers  Would you agree that the charges would depend on what they engaged in.   For example the  guy that threw the fire extinguisher vs someone that stayed inside the velvet ropes in the public areas,  without entering any restricted  areas? 

I completely agree.  That is why I limited my comment to those who entered the Capitol.

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

If it were Democrats breaking into the Capital, Republicans would be screaming for the death penalty. I think that answers the question rather nicely

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

If it were Democrats breaking into the Capital, Republicans would be screaming for the death penalty. I think that answers the question rather nicely

If it were black democrats, they would have been shot on the spot.

After watching that video, I've never been so embarrassed to be an American in my entire life, as I am right now.  smh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

A mixture of both would be OK with me.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
8 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

??? :blink:

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:
5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
9 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

??? :blink:

Yeah.  I'm puzzled, as well.

50 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
54 minutes ago, The Joker said:

They should all be charged with felony murder.

They participated in an illegal act that resulted in multiple deaths.

Can't wait to read on Gab.com that the video posted above was faked.

54 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I completely agree.  That is why I limited my comment to those who entered the Capitol.

It was legal all the way to the barriers. Anyone who went past those should get dinged, as well they should, especially when the House and Senate are in their chambers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

The paperwork thing is hillarius.  Everything on that floor is public.  They can read everything that was in those binders/critters desks on the .gov website.  No infiltration nec.  LOL

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

After watching that video, I've never been so embarrassed to be an American in my entire life, as I am right now.  smh.

Well, it really did look like the audience from a Jerry Springer show.

Just now, Keith said:

Well, it really did look like the audience from a Jerry Springer show.

There's Trump's Army. What a bunch of white trash. Deplorables, if you will.

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Why do you ask? Where were you?

49 minutes ago, shaggy said:
4 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

The paperwork thing is hillarius.  Everything on that floor is public.  They can read everything that was in those binders/critters desks on the .gov website.  No infiltration nec.  LOL

Well, most of -that- crowd is illiterate, so -they- couldn't read it. But it's supposed to be public docs, agreed.

- DSK

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
3 hours ago, The Joker said:

They should all be charged with felony murder.

They participated in an illegal act that resulted in multiple deaths.

Yep.

Track them down, arrest & detain them, put it on their charge sheet. We'll have plenty of time to sort it all out, and I assume that law enforcement still has it's regular job to do. I understand the Border Security people have some big facilities that are not currently being fully utilized?

- DSK

Like I said a few days ago - they can create a bunch of prison space by releasing people in for weed offenses.

Charge them all with felony murder so they stay in custody until it's sorted out.

CNN is reporting that Trump plans to issue 100 or so pardons on Tuesday:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/politics/trump-pardons-expected/index.html

Perhaps it will include some of the finest Americans on display in the OP's video.

I wonder if Trump will find a way to get a cut of the fees that are being paid to lobbyists who are advocating for these pardons?  

2 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Perhaps it will include some of the finest Americans on display in the OP's video.

Word is he's going to issue a blanket pardon, like for those who dodged the Vietnam war Draft....

8 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Word is he's going to issue a blanket pardon, like for those who dodged the Vietnam war Draft....

It's kind of funny, 'cuz the man can't read. Someone could slip anyone's name in the pardon pile.

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

Yep and you should be pounded in arse until you bleed. 

4 minutes ago, jhc said:

It's kind of funny, 'cuz the man can't read. Someone could slip anyone's name in the pardon pile.

I don't think it requires him to name names, just anyone accused of, or indicted for these crimes have a pardon.

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit...

And...you are distorting my comments to fit your argument. 

Are you in therapy now? You should be. You could redeem yourself.

14 minutes ago, jhc said:

My BiL is a therapist.... I'm not sure that "therapy" ever helped anyone not willing to accept the therapy.... Electro-shock therapy.... with suitable amperage might solve some of his (Joker) issues though....

41 minutes ago, jhc said:

Maybe you shouldn’t edit the posts you are responding to before talking about distorting comments.

I asked you a question because it wasn’t clear if you were talking about everyone at the rally or those that broke through the barricades. You had responded with a two part answer quoting my response that SB seemed to be under the impression that every one at the rally broke the law

Your response that once the barricades were breached they were all breaking the law.   Which by my reading indicates that everyone at the rally was breaking the law, once anyone breached the barricades.  So Before talking about reading comprehension try proof reading your own words. 

5 hours ago, The Joker said:

5 hours ago, jhc said:

Willfull ignorance, is no excuse. Not a valid argument. 

26 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

My BiL is a therapist.... I'm not sure that "therapy" ever helped anyone not willing to accept the therapy.... Electro-shock therapy.... with suitable amperage might solve some of his (Joker) issues though....

Yes, acceptance is key. There are like 50 mil. voters, and a lot of non voters out there that need an intervention. I'm no expert, it's obvious to me.

Electroshock not an option...

What joker didn't get is there is a difference between "breaking the law" and "getting arrested". We have all broken the law, while few have been arrested. His question was misleading, and served his argument, rather than enlighten the conversation. 

He is wrong headed, and troubled. What else can be said. 

I don't think he, or his ilk can be written off, out of hand. 

A protocol could be developed to redeem them.

Or, it's going to be tough for all of us...

2 hours ago, Rain Man said:

I wonder if Trump will find a way to get a cut of the fees that are being paid to lobbyists who are advocating for these pardons?  

$2 mil for a pardon was the going rate. 

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Is that going to be valid, considering those crimes enabled the actions that caused his impeachment? 

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Is that going to be valid, considering those crimes enabled the actions that caused his impeachment? 

that's an interesting question.  If he were convicted of the articles of impeachment BEFORE he issued the pardons, absolutely.  But between impeachment and conviction is a gray area, until he's either removed or his term ends, unfortunately he's still the potus and has that sole power to pardon.  I don't know if they can retroactively retract a pardon from a convicted POTUS.  New territory there.....

I'm still fervently hoping he resigns on the 19th so Pence can pardon him, and then once his resignation is official, Pence tears up the pardon papers.  "Pardon??  What pardon??"