Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Trump’s legacy

Recommended Posts

How will history remember 45? Personally, I can’t imagine he won’t be seen as one of the worst, or the worst President in US history. But then I’m biased. Prove me wrong. 

Excerpt -

More than 30,000 falsehoods and lies. Nearly 400,000 coronavirus deaths. Rising white nationalism. Financial self-dealing. A social media ban. Two impeachments. A deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol.

President Trump’s four years in office come to a close Wednesday after a reign defined by constant chaos, corruption and scandal, a tenure that numerous scholars predict is destined to rank him among America’s worst presidents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-history-democracy/2021/01/18/98700d2c-58dc-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Best Americans got a whole lot More. 

Well, there is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sean said:

How will history remember 45? Personally, I can’t imagine he won’t be seen as one of the worst, or the worst President in US history. But then I’m biased. Prove me wrong. 

Excerpt -

More than 30,000 falsehoods and lies. Nearly 400,000 coronavirus deaths. Rising white nationalism. Financial self-dealing. A social media ban. Two impeachments. A deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol.

President Trump’s four years in office come to a close Wednesday after a reign defined by constant chaos, corruption and scandal, a tenure that numerous scholars predict is destined to rank him among America’s worst presidents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-history-democracy/2021/01/18/98700d2c-58dc-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html

This is just a distraction from the very real problems that the USA is facing, as a country.

Trump did nothing to solve any of those problems, and in fact made some of them worse, while kneecapping the gov't's ability to effectively deal with other problems.

Any President worse than Trump will be the last one. He very nearly was... and is such a self-centered pinhead that he thinks that would have been GREAT. He could have gone down in history! If only the rest of us hadn't been so mean to him, and so-o unfair.

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Well, there is that.

That happens no matter what or who...it is just a matter of degree. 
 

The moment folks figured out how the the Best Americans could make bank regardless of the COVID body count, we were doomed to a herd mentality strategy. 407k dead so far, but the Best Americans are doing just fine so it’s all good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

This is just a distraction from the very real problems that the USA is facing, as a country.

Trump did nothing to solve any of those problems, and in fact made some of them worse, while kneecapping the gov't's ability to effectively deal with other problems.

Any President worse than Trump will be the last one. He very nearly was... and is such a self-centered pinhead that he thinks that would have been GREAT. He could have gone down in history! If only the rest of us hadn't been so mean to him, and so-o unfair.

- DSK

its a long way from over..... he could still be the last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, basketcase said:

its a long way from over..... he could still be the last.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

In ~47 hours, he's going to unveil his magnificent Health Care Plan! Everybody is saying how wonderful it's going to be, the best ever.

But yeah, you're right.

Chickens, count them not until hatched, they are.

- DSK

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Trump’s legacy

us-coronavirus-200k-dead_wide-6d387061d8d7b55b617f00fd3a8d23ab4a242250-s1300-c85.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

In ~47 hours, he's going to unveil his magnificent Health Care Plan! Everybody is saying how wonderful it's going to be, the best ever.

But yeah, you're right.

Chickens, count them not until hatched, they are.

- DSK

Hey, don't forget about infrastructure and the 10% middle class income tax cut he promised the week before the midterms.

And also, rounding the curve!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Hey, don't forget about infrastructure and the 10% middle class income tax cut he promised the week before the midterms.

And also, rounding the curve!

And that big beautiful Mexican paid for wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And essentially dismantling most of the national agencies and organisations by replacing competent people with his minions, and only as "acting" whatsthetitles. A troll placing his sock puppets and then forgetting about them.

Oh, and then there's the U.N., WHO, NATO and any number of nuclear, trade, enviromental and military control treaties he ditched (but I am right now too lazy to look up and cite. I'm sure you've heard of them).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sean said:

How will history remember 45? Personally, I can’t imagine he won’t be seen as one of the worst, or the worst President in US history. But then I’m biased. Prove me wrong. 

Excerpt -

More than 30,000 falsehoods and lies. Nearly 400,000 coronavirus deaths. Rising white nationalism. Financial self-dealing. A social media ban. Two impeachments. A deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol.

President Trump’s four years in office come to a close Wednesday after a reign defined by constant chaos, corruption and scandal, a tenure that numerous scholars predict is destined to rank him among America’s worst presidents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-history-democracy/2021/01/18/98700d2c-58dc-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html

 

Among the worst???   Who was worser, or more worse, or however you say it???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Relative Truth. 

 

No Sol, it's "alternate facts" according to Kellyanne!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

Among the worst???   Who was worser, or more worse, or however you say it???

Worsest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His legacy - worst POTUS in history - in perpetuity.

If someone worse came along the USA would no longer exist so he's got it forever.

Only POTUS impeached twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will never be able to pass Franklin Pierce, unless the civil war he would like to start actually starts.  Until then he will always be 2nd to worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen Pierce in last place in any ranking.

Most of them have Buchanan in last place.

Now it will be Trump - forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos to Hillary, Soros, the Democrats, Deep State and the Fake News for pulling this stunt off ... completely undetected at that. I want these people running the government. Just imagine being able to destroy New York’s Finest Stable Genius Good Brain Guy. And like a Hollywood movie do it just minutes before he destroys the country. Incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst president? Try worst person. I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Worst president? Try worst person. I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

Newt? He's broken every single Commandment except the one "thou shalt not waste food."

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Worst president? Try worst person. I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

Good point. Attila the Hun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Worst president? Try worst person. I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

Pol Pot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Worst president? Try worst person. I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

Roy Cohn. The master of reprehensibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Pol Pot

Yep have to agree but I do have to wonder if Donnie got a second term if he would’ve given Pol a run for the money.

Thank goodness we don’t have too find that out.

Snip/ The Cambodian genocide was the systematic persecution and killing of Cambodians by the Khmer Rouge under the leadership of Pol Pot, who radically pushed Cambodia towards communism. It resulted in the deaths of 1.5 to 2 million people from 1975 to 1979, nearly a quarter of Cambodia's 1975 population. Wikipedia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bhyde said:

Worst president? Try worst person. I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

Sammy the Bull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE WALL glad it's good for something, good job donnie, Bet the X first lady wishes she would have thought of it

01 Beazley Design 2020 winners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bhyde said:

I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

his 2 idiot sons

his son in law

Stephen Miller

his daughter

Mitch McConnell

Lindsey Graham

Mike Pompeo

Rudy Guillani

Sidney Powell

Tucker

Sean

Rush

Mark Levin

the blonde tranny...(that could be either  Ann Coulter or Laura Ingraham)

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bhyde said:

Worst president? Try worst person. I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

Don’t be silly. He is the paragon of modern GOP ethics, and the intellectual driving force of The Party. He is emblematic of the GOP poet warrior, and the embodiment of what it means to be a virile GOP man! His honesty will live long in the anals of GOP history. He is the one to which all Republican men can only aspire, and to whom all Republican women can only kneel. And bow. 
 

He. Is. The. One. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention that he had bigly more tremendous people at his inauguration than the democRAT will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Not to mention that he had bigly more tremendous people at his inauguration than the democRAT will. 

Heh. Reminds me of this:

On 8/1/2020 at 2:54 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

If he loses he will be at Mar a Lago on Inauguration Day. 
And I will be on the National Mall, part of the biggest Inaug crowd of all time. 

Driving or flying? Or maybe the train? Not a bus, I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Sammy the Bull.

"Tishman, Donald Trump, all these guys—they couldn't build a building without me."

 Goldberg, Jeffrey (23 August 2018). "Donald Trump's Mafia Mind-Set". The Atlantic. Retrieved 8 January 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A failure in his private life, a failure as President. A pattern emerges.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dacapo said:

his 2 idiot sons

his son in law

Stephen Miller

his daughter

Mitch McConnell

Lindsey Graham

Mike Pompeo

Rudy Guillani

Sidney Powell

Tucker

Sean

Rush

Mark Levin

the blonde tranny...(that could be either  Ann Coulter or Laura Ingraham)

 

 

 

 

Hey, leave me out of this!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hey, leave me out of this!

haaaaa.....

 

RU  Spicer or Hannity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It ain’t over....

One of my formerly rational Facebook friends just changed her cover photo to this. 

8CD05A59-0610-4870-BEEE-5D58FC9DC26E.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's rudy commenting on, well, America under Biden maybe?

I just don't think he "gets it".

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 2slow said:

He will never be able to pass Franklin Pierce, unless the civil war he would like to start actually starts.  Until then he will always be 2nd to worst. 

Pierce has a respected university named after him.

I said respected, not a bankrupt scam university.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Flake torches Trump and his Republican enablers in the WaPo.

Took him long enough.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/19/america-six-months-now/

Excerpt -

History will show that in the dark days of President Trump, we experienced a very close call for the survival of our American project. And this near miss stems from Republican indulgence of the whims of one man — one catastrophically self-interested man who seemed to have not even a passing familiarity with the Constitution, the institutions of American liberty, or the basic notions of service and sacrifice.

But one man alone cannot put us on the brink the way he did without our permission. And so this failure is on us, and we owe it to the generations of Americans we will never know to understand how this happened so that it might never happen again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Only Fools Rush In said:

 

 

"Trump wore the Republican party like a rented tux and now the dry cleaning bill is due"

Brilliant!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 2:49 PM, Mike G said:

 

 

I don't think he lasted long enough for her panties to hit the floor,  let alone to think that...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sean said:

But one man alone cannot put us on the brink the way he did without our permission

What does Flake mean by "OUR permission". 

He only had the permission of the US Reich - millions of us in the reality based community said NO from the very start. 

Geez, I despise Both Sidesism - on display here once more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, Gouvernail said:

It ain’t over....

One of my formerly rational Facebook friends just changed her cover photo to this. 

8CD05A59-0610-4870-BEEE-5D58FC9DC26E.png

The Nazi style propaganda of this strangely doesn't bother me. What does it that they portray him as something other than the fat tub of lard that he is. The raccoon eyes and the deep orange tan are all gone as well. This is beyond Nazi and turning into the Blonde Jesus shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a new "Trail of Tears" in the works. His loyal supporters could show their devotion by leaping in front of speeding semis. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

There's a new "Trail of Tears" in the works. His loyal supporters could show their devotion by leaping in front of speeding semis. 

 

That road mostly runs through swamp doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4+ years of baby language, no surprise since his dogs can't gather more fluent stuff, and bullying are over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 5:01 AM, dacapo said:

his 2 idiot sons

his son in law

Stephen Miller

his daughter

Mitch McConnell

Lindsey Graham

Mike Pompeo

Rudy Guillani

Sidney Powell

Tucker

Sean

Rush

Mark Levin

the blonde tranny...(that could be either  Ann Coulter or Laura Ingraham)

 

 

 

 

None of those idiots and fools are more reprehensible than tRump. 

The only Americans I can think of who are in the same league as tRump are: Andrew Johnson, Roy Cohn, Benedict Arnold and the pre-enlightenment George Wallace. Plenty of furriners in the race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

That road mostly runs through swamp doesn't it?

An excellent analogy for the Turnip's 4-year Reign of Error. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 4:38 AM, bhyde said:

Worst president? Try worst person. I'm actually trying to think of someone who is more reprehensible than Trump. 

...those 74Million Americans that voted him?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tane said:

...those 74Million Americans that voted him?

Most of them are just low IQ, ignorant and gullible.

More to be pitied that despised.

Would you call the pathetic suckers at a Joel Osteen fund raiser reprehensible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Most of them are just low IQ, ignorant and gullible.

More to be pitied that despised.

Would you call the pathetic suckers at a Joel Osteen fund raiser reprehensible?

No, but all the ones who knew what he was and voted for him anyway to somehow get some cash out of the situation are utterly reprehensible and every single one that voted for him in 2020 knew what they were voting for. No excuses the second time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What to make of this?

“Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say”

https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world/national/trump-extends-secret-service-protection-to-14-family-members-reports-say/

One last grift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

What to make of this?

“Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say”

https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world/national/trump-extends-secret-service-protection-to-14-family-members-reports-say/

One last grift.

It's only for six months, then the spawn are on their own. Supposedly. 

Quote

The arrangement will come at no cost to the Trump family and is funded by taxpayers, the Post reports. The Secret Service will protect Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, along with their three children; Donald Trump Jr. and his five children; Eric Trump and wife Lara; and Tiffany Trump.

The grandchildren will not each receive a 24-hour detail, like Trump’s adult children, but will be protected as long as they are with their parents.

Former President Trump and former first lady Melania Trump will receive lifetime Secret Service protection as guaranteed in the Former Presidents Act, which will also give Barron coverage until he reaches age 16.

Congress voted in 1994 to limit Secret Service protection to 10 years after leaving office, but in the wake of the September 11 terror attacks President Obama reinstated the lifetime detail in 2012. While the cost of Secret Service protection isn’t made public, it is believed to be as high as tens of millions of dollars annually for each president.

Trump isn’t the first president to seek Secret Service coverage after leaving office, but the number of family members involved in the costly detail is substantially more than past presidents. The Post reports that Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush pursued continued security for their daughters, and President Obama’s daughters Sasha and Malia received Secret Service protection after he left office in 2017.

https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world/national/trump-extends-secret-service-protection-to-14-family-members-reports-say/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Funded by the taxpayers the Post says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sean said:

They’re skeered.

You would be too if Qanon collectively realised they have been had and by connecting their conspiracy laced dots they concluded you are the problem.

Some are prolly polishing their guns as we speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

You would be too if Qanon collectively realised they have been had and by connecting their conspiracy laced dots they concluded you are the problem.

Some are prolly polishing their guns as we speak.

The collective Qanon has the smarts of a dead rodent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

The collective Qanon has the smarts of a dead rodent. 

The ones that are stupider than a dead rodent have me worried.

We are exploring new depths of stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

The ones that are stupider than a dead rodent have me worried.

We are exploring new depths of stupid.

Not new - they are in the process of regressing to the sea.

They've got the intelligence part down close to the amoeba already.

The most LSD cooked brain I ever saw was smarter than those people.

Not nearly as dangerous either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Congress voted in 1994 to limit Secret Service protection to 10 years after leaving office, but in the wake of the September 11 terror attacks President Obama reinstated the lifetime detail in 2012.

On really calm days in the Gulf Stream, I've encountered a wake and could not see the ship that made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 11:40 PM, SloopJonB said:

Most of them are just low IQ, ignorant and gullible.

More to be pitied that despised.

Would you call the pathetic suckers at a Joel Osteen fund raiser reprehensible?

1 idiot - that is to be expected - 74MILLIONS voting him into the highest office? Frightening! Even to us, far away in our forest cities (he actually said that, didn't he?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tane said:

1 idiot - that is to be expected - 74MILLIONS voting him into the highest office? Frightening! Even to us, far away in our forest cities (he actually said that, didn't he?)

I never said it wasn't scary. ;)

That 74 million is about 1/3 of the voting age population.

The bottom 1/3

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

George Carlin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tane said:

74MILLIONS voting him into the highest office? Frightening!

absolutely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 4:56 PM, SloopJonB said:

The most LSD cooked brain I ever saw was smarter than those people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this