College Football 2021

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the party, bitches.   Woo Pig Sooie!

I’d like to remind everyone that this is the last calendar month in 2021 in which we will have no college football games. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sorry if there’s a 21 thread already but a brief look didn’t turn it up. 

Jeremy Pruitt out at Tennessee, along with Fulmer?
Champions of the offseason once again. 

they kind of waited a little bit, didn't they....   got someone to finally say yes, I'm guessing..

5 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

they kind of waited a little bit, didn't they....   got someone to finally say yes, I'm guessing..

By waiting, or as it is also called, investigating, they found reason to jettison him without his buyout. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

By waiting, or as it is also called, investigating, they found reason to jettison him without his buyout. 

Steele  is going to run the team for now...  UTenn  pretty much a shitshow...  they have some OL i wouldn't mind transferring to CU

13 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Steele  is going to run the team for now...  UTenn  pretty much a shitshow...  they have some OL i wouldn't mind transferring to CU

Tennessee has been a shitshow since the Derek Dooley days, through the Butch Jones Champions of Life era, through the Jeremy Pruitt days of handing recruits cash in McDonald's bags.  Now that's a Happy Meal for yo ass!  Every offseason we hear about how they have turned the corner. They are the national champions of every offseason. But this is pure gold:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/tennessee-jeremy-pruitt-getting-trolled-ruthlessly-following-allegations-of-mcdonalds-recruiting-violations/

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

But you had bagmen who would put the cash in McDonald’s bags and handed it to recruits

Wes Rucker of 247Sports is reporting that people at Tennessee are “angrily denying” the allegations from The Dan Patrick Show.

people at Tennessee said they'd never used McDonald's bags,   it was Hardee's..

Bama or the field in 2021, betting your house. Who do you take?

Painfull to write, Bama all the way. 

muschamp is on the Georgia defensive staff(at no cost, put it on the gamecocks tab). Does that mean Georgia has at least 3 defense coordinators on the staff better than anyone at Florida?

4 hours ago, 2slow said:

Bama or the field in 2021, betting your house. Who do you take?

Painfull to write, Bama all the way. 

muschamp is on the Georgia defensive staff(at no cost, put it on the gamecocks tab). Does that mean Georgia has at least 3 defense coordinators on the staff better than anyone at Florida?

Glad to see you’re back after a conspicuous (and unwarranted) silent stretch after the UF debacle.  Before you get too cocky UGA’s cheating ways might catch up to them in 2021. Will UGA ever beat the Gators?  It’s an interesting question.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 2slow said:

muschamp on your staff?  means you're going to lose ever meaningful game.. lol.

Any interest in a BB thread? My old school lost 1 game by 1 point on a foul with .1 seconds left a couple weeks ago, last night it was 45-19 at the half. Not televised here but on the radio Elvin Hayes on the broadcast. That guy seems to know a lot about the game. He played in the game of the century and put UH on the map. Kelvin Sampson is a pretty good coach.  FB is just too far away for me. thus ends the random thoughts.

A slap on the wrist.

“Notre Dame football has been placed on NCAA probation and now faces recruiting limits for violations”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-notre-dame-football-probation-recruiting-violation-20210121-xs3tlvg6cngxlgyueyrlfna5b4-story.html

22 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

muschamp on your staff?  means you're going to lose ever meaningful game.. lol.

But he knows what a midline is.  So there’s that.

Pro tip to UGA.  Don’t schedule Georgia Southern.....

11 hours ago, Fakenews said:

But he knows what a midline is.  So there’s that.

Pro tip to UGA.  Don’t schedule Georgia Southern.....

That was good times. The Florida version of Mich-App State. 

do you still harbor any hopes of gator glory with Grantham calling the D?  Pretty awesome y’all kept him!

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Tennessee goes full UCF with White and Heupel. They will be able to claim off-season championships every year!

as long as they left tony elliot alone, i'm good with that, they'll be mediocre for years,   now it would only be fair if all the kids that were grabbing cash had to sit out a year...  

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Tate Martell back to familiar ground...

the transfer portal. If he goes to the Big 12 he would have covered all Power 5 conferences. 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sports/tate-martell-miami-hurricanes-ncaa-transfer-portal/

he would have been better starting off at a smaller school...    i guess when they pack your head when you're young it's hard not to believe the lies..

Tate Martell's timeline:

2014: Committed to Washington
2015: Flipped his commitment to Texas A&M
2016: Flipped his commitment and signed with Ohio State
2017: Redshirted
2018: Backup QB
2019: Transferred to Miami
2021: Transferring from Miami as a grad-transfer

— Matt Prehm (@MattPrehm) January 27, 2021

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it seemed like it was going to be forever before the insane non-conference games Kirby scheduled would begin, 2020’s are going to be interesting (Chinese proverb style) for the Georgia Bulldogs

Next game is a biggie. Georgia opens with a scary Clemson team in Charlotte.  

2022- Georgia starts with Oregon

2023-  @Oklahoma

2024- Clemson in ATL

2025- @UCLA

2026- UCLA

2027- @FSU

2028- @Texas, FSU

2029- Texas, @Clemson

2030- Clemson, Ohio State (both in Athens, damn!)

2031- @Ohio State, Oklahoma

5 minutes ago, 2slow said:

it seemed like it was going to be forever before the insane non-conference games Kirby scheduled would begin, 2020’s are going to be interesting (Chinese proverb style) for the Georgia Bulldogs

Next game is a biggie. Georgia opens with a scary Clemson team in Charlotte.  

since we've played our last regular season game in charlotte the past six years, it'll be like a home game...  if they allow fans, we'll definitely fill the stadium, I'm sure Uga will have they're share too...   looking forward to the game...  they've always been good   I was sad when the schools decided to pad their resumes and end the series   I think an atlanta / charlotte series is good,   it was always scary to go to athens on gameday,  uga students / fans were quite drunk and dangerous

12 hours ago, Fakenews said:

In other news UF has the #1, #2 (courtesy of Clempson) and #33 ranked transfers this offseason beating out OU to take the recruiting crown.

It’s an interesting and necessary strategy for CDM. For some reason elite high school players, even in Florida, don’t want to play for the Gators. 
For 2022, of the 20 highest rated Florida high school players only one is picked to go to Florida?

why?? He is good coach, a total clown, but still a good coach. 

26 minutes ago, 2slow said:

It’s an interesting and necessary strategy for CDM. For some reason elite high school players, even in Florida, don’t want to play for the Gators. 
For 2022, of the 20 highest rated Florida high school players only one is picked to go to Florida?

why?? He is good coach, a total clown, but still a good coach

Ever since Charlie Pell, UF has implemented a strict no pay for play policy.  He’s not a great recruiter but he develops players extremely well.  The QB, RB, TE and DB units are stacked.  OL is an area be really struggles with though.

39 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Since this is an SEC thread I can see why there is no interest in BB since only Alabama plays that game there.

as Eva Dent.

Gators despite the loss of one of the top BB players in the nation look good for the tournament.  Beat Kentucky in Lexington last night.  

23 hours ago, Fakenews said:

In other news UF has the #1, #2 (courtesy of Clempson) and #33 ranked transfers this offseason beating out OU to take the recruiting crown.

Scratch that #1 player off the team. Arik Gilbert finally met Dan Mullin and decided playing for that clown was a bridge too far. 

3 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Scratch that #1 player off the team. Arik Gilbert just realized what most people already know, Florida sucks. 

Apparently his grades suck.  Will go Juco if UGA chooses not to look the other way.   Probably for the best UGA not known for QB’s who can get the ball to TE’s anyway.

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:
7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

As youre muste of................                 :)

4.0 in my MBA program but my carousing, sailing and windsurfing did have a deleterious impact on my  BS GPA. 

I thick the keye ist the 'BS'.  Troubelling.....

Thackes foire mackeng it easey................              :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Gators despite the loss of one of the top BB players in the nation look good for the tournament.  Beat Kentucky in Lexington last night.  

After all these years your cheerleader outfit still fits. Awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Can’t find a tournament thread, but since the Noles play Michigan today....

Without arguably our best player but we've got some kids that have been stepping up.  We have to hit the threes and slow the pace of the game or will be fucked.  

Michigan_Wolverines_Block_M.png

This is the first year I have had time to watch some games, there have been some really good ones including lots of upsets. Gotta wonder if it's the building responsible for so much cold shooting. And do they even practice FTs at Bama? (11 of 25).  And how often does 1 city get 2 teams in the Elite 8? And our local furniture guy Mattress Mack bet 1 mil on UH to win it all at 9-1.  I am really stoked about UH and the progress made but don't think they can beat Baylor or Gonzaga (if that is really a school or some AI team).  Has anyone actually ever seen Gonzaga?

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I’m amazed that the PAC12 has become a basketball conference. 

...again.  I grew up watching Lou Alcindor and Bill Walton lead UCLA to championships.  I still think Gonzaga, unless they trip on something, will stroll to the title. 

FSU isn't as bad as they looked and Michigan not as good.  I think the matchups favored Michigan and they played well, FSU had an off night.  I fully expect Michigan to get blown out at some point and just hope they make the final four.  That would be a huge accomplishment.  I wasn't sure about Juwan Howard but he really is a good bench coach and his recruiting is second to none.  The remaining games should be fun.  Hopefully, we can avoid Oral Roberts.    

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

...again.  I grew up watching Lou Alcindor and Bill Walton lead UCLA to championships.  I still think Gonzaga, unless they trip on something, will stroll to the title. 

FSU isn't as bad as they looked and Michigan not as good.  I think the matchups favored Michigan and they played well, FSU had an off night.  I fully expect Michigan to get blown out at some point and just hope they make the final four.  That would be a huge accomplishment.  I wasn't sure about Juwan Howard but he really is a good bench coach and his recruiting is second to none.  The remaining games should be fun.  Hopefully, we can avoid Oral Roberts.    

It would not surprise me to see Michigan go to the top of the heap.  Anything can happen from here on out. Juwan Howard is an amazing coach. He was a Miami Heat assistant through the Lebron years, if memory serves. At a minimum, he was part of "the Heat Culture" for many years (as a player before becoming a coach), and that brings with it the chance to learn coaching and the game of basketball from Pat Riley. He also made the Heat better while he was there. He was a sure thing as a coach to me when he left, and as a Heat fan I was bummed to see him go. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

lsu pulls in player from mash..

His draft prospects just significantly improved.  

UF is loaded for bear on defense.  If Emory Jones is indeed a prospective 1st Rounder given the 5* backfield watch out.  I’m calling the upset of BAMA in the Swamp

SHSU won Sunday against SDSU on the last play of the game. It's where a long time many ID poster thinks I attended (plenty of family did but not me) anyway congrats to them on their first championship. And the coach for his 2nd and only coach that has won at different schools (FCS).  There actually is football played outside the SEC, hard to believe but it's true.

5 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

SHSU won Sunday against SDSU on the last play of the game. It's where a long time many ID poster thinks I attended (plenty of family did but not me) anyway congrats to them on their first championship. And the coach for his 2nd and only coach that has won at different schools (FCS).  There actually is football played outside the SEC, hard to believe but it's true.

If you’re playing football it the spring you’re likely playing soccer.  Kidding, I actually watched the last few minutes.  Good comeback and congrats to them.  4 months till Gators vs Bama in the swamp.  With all due respect to UGA/Clemson it’s going to be the biggest show in CFB’s regular season.

The early lines are out. 
vegas does not think much of Florida. 
Florida is a two touchdown dog at home to Alabama and 9 point dog to Georgia. 

Clemson is favored by 3.5 against UGA in opener, seems about right. 

• Downvote 1
27 minutes ago, 2slow said:

The early lines are out. 

Welcome back.  You were missed over the latter stages of last season. 

2zo1ki.jpg

8 hours ago, 2slow said:

The early lines are out. 

Bet the house.  Bama is breaking in a super inexperienced QB, lost 90+% of their offensive production and 4 starting OL to the NFL.  Gators have the best defensive unit in the SEC and the best RB unit.   Meanwhile UGA has one decent WR (the other one is out for the season) and a coach who can’t develop QB’s. 

17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Bet the house.  Bama is breaking in a super inexperienced QB, lost 90+% of their offensive production and 4 starting OL to the NFL.  Gators have the best defensive unit in the SEC and the best RB unit.   Meanwhile UGA has one decent WR (the other one is out for the season) and a coach who can’t develop QB’s. 

Are you the same guy who predicted UF's collapse last year and Trask having to suck some dick just to get picked in the 2nd round?   If so, go on Oracle.  You have proven the level of your knowledge.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:01 PM, Fakenews said:

His draft prospects just significantly improved.  

UF is loaded for bear on defense.  If Emory Jones is indeed a prospective 1st Rounder given the 5* backfield watch out.  I’m calling the upset of BAMA in the Swamp

$1000, checks made out to each other held by a 3rd party.  Sol's on your side (fanwise) and the winner gives him 10%.  I know you won't you gutless POS.  You, awfully similar to BG never seemed to feel the contentment of spending the night with a woman and not a computer.

33 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

$1000, checks made out to each other held by a 3rd party.  Sol's on your side (fanwise) and the winner gives him 10%.  I know you won't you gutless POS.  You, awfully similar to BG never seemed to feel the contentment of spending the night with a woman and not a computer.

I can’t speak for BG but you should stop posting while drunk...

On 5/25/2021 at 6:41 PM, Fakenews said:

“Best defensive unit in the SEC” by what measure??

C31B3D63-7058-48F0-B31A-7F9FE23FB6B6.jpeg

I’ll bet you right now this will be Todd Grantham’s last year at Florida, and not because he gets hired away. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, 2slow said:

“Best defensive unit in the SEC” by what measure??

C31B3D63-7058-48F0-B31A-7F9FE23FB6B6.jpeg

I’ll bet you right now this will be Todd Grantham’s last year at Florida, and not because he gets hired away. 

I think TG heads to the NFL this year.  As for the defensive unit it’s stacked everywhere a combination of experience, transfers and recruiting.  But don’t take my word for it.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/todd-grantham-doesnt-care-what-you-think-floridas-defense-is-about-to-be-nasty/

Just how much talent is Grantham working with? According to one NFL scout, Florida could have as many as 6 defensive players drafted in the 2022 NFL Draft: corners Kaiir Elam and Jaydon Hill, safety Trey Dean III, linebacker Ventrell Miller, “Bucks” Brenton Cox and defensive end/tackle Zachary Carter. That list excludes surefire future draft picks like Hopper, Dexter and 5-star freshman corner Jason Marshall, and it includes 4 players (everyone listed above except Dean and Hill) who profile as Round 1, 2 or 3 prospects. Walter Football, the most accurate Mock in 2019 and 2020, has listed 3 Gators defenders (Elam, Cox and Miller) as first-round draft picks next spring. That would be the most talent on a Grantham defense since 2012, when he coached a host of NFL draft picks to a top-10 total defense and top 15 S & P+ defense finish at Georgia, winning the SEC East over preseason darling Florida in the process.

Also

Florida’s defensive tackle situation, best summarized last season as “Kyrie Campbell, Tedarrell Slaton and hope” is now a formidable group, both at the 3-technique and nose. Zachary Carter, a jack of all trades, returned for his senior year and can play inside or outside. He gives the Gators their best edge setter since Cece Jefferson. Meanwhile, Antonio Valentino brings 40 games of B1G experience and double-digit starts south from Penn State. He’s a talent upgrade from Campbell and has the same knack for getting to the ball. Daquan Newkirk, limited by injuries at Auburn, is healthy and offers more depth. Gervon Dexter was a problem all spring, a 5-star who played like someone ready to take a big second-year leap. Those names are all fixtures inside that should make life easier on monster talent Brenton Cox, the 5-star Georgia transfer who spent the spring working to firm up what he offers against the run and young super talents like Khris Bogle, Princely Umanmielen and Andrew Chatfield, all of whom should benefit from a full spring practice and full strength and conditioning program.

Lastly that article doesn’t mention The #1 JUCO safety (Black) and the recent Mizzou transfer DB/S (Perkins) who you guys desperately wanted.

So I had decided to not ridicule you guys for your uberfanship this year. It would help me in my efforts to restrain from unleashing my razorsharp wit if you would refrain from lobbing softballs.  It's football.   Thanks, Miss Management

• Like 1
3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

So I had decided to not ridicule you guys for your uberfanship this year. It would help me in my efforts to restrain from unleashing my razorsharp wit if you would refrain from lobbing softballs.  It's football.   Thanks, Miss Management

so, in other words,  your team is going to suck again... :P

44 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

so, in other words,  your team is going to suck again... :P

No, they will be better but not great. Until reforms are made the rich will continue to get richer. When I went there they excelled in FB, BB and golf - the 1st 2 because they were innovative and integrated with long term class coaches, no idea why golf was so good since I neither play nor follow it.  My life doesn't depend on a team winning anymore than the results of sailboat racing. An interesting note: I really enjoyed the SHSU win, have been to a number of games with a BIL - he went to the game, was soaked and miserable and left during the lightning postponement so missed the win. Now that sucked. 

It would make me happy to see D'Eriq King have an outstanding season even though he ditched UH, he played HS ball not far from me (as did Trask, his backup).  Did I mention I do enjoy poking the inflated? :P    emoji added to illustrate how serious I am here.  :blink:

edit: suppose I should add I know you enjoy yanking my chain, I would like to see them do well in FB again (BB was pretty damn cool this year).  A big name school wasn't an option for me, and looking back even if it were I wouldn't change anything. Same way with sailing, OJT and nary a YC involved.  I subscribe to the Groucho Marx re joining.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:32 PM, 2slow said:

Scratch that #1 player off the team. Arik Gilbert finally met Dan Mullin and decided playing for that clown was a bridge too far. 

And now he is enrolled at Georgia. Wonder if there is a chance he can play this year?

oh yeah, and Clemson’s best cornerback is now a Dawg. wow

looks like Georgia is going to win the preseason national championship for the 22nd time. Go Dawgs

• Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, 2slow said:

And now he is enrolled at Georgia. Wonder if there is a chance he can play this year?

oh yeah, and Clemson’s best cornerback is now a Dawg. wow

looks like Georgia is going to win the preseason national championship for the 22nd time. Go Dawgs

Gilbert is definitely playing for you.  Word is he didn’t qualify academically at UF, I know UGA is a slight step down in that dept but it’s still a top tier university so I’m surprised they offered.   My prediction? He doesn’t play a full season.

The Clemson pick up is troubling.  He clearly has character issues and was dismissed by the Tigers.  He does fill a need as UGA lost 3 CB’s to the NFL and one to transfer.  However he’s not that good

“The 2020 season saw him play in nine games with eight starts where he piled up 20 tackles, a tackle for loss, and one interception. He broke up six passes last season and scooped up a fumble, returning it 66 yards for a score.”

Yawn...

My prediction? EJ passes for 300 yards and runs for another 100 in the WLCP

4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

The Clemson pick up is troubling.  He clearly has character issues and was dismissed by the Tigers.  He does fill a need as UGA lost 3 CB’s to the NFL and one to transfer.  However he’s not that good

i'm going with he liked to smoke his weed and that's a big no no on Sweeny's list...   i'm sure Smart will be sharing his stash with him..   

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i'm going with he liked to smoke his weed and that's a big no no on Sweeny's list...   i'm sure Smart will be sharing his stash with him..   

Huh didn’t know that about Sweeney makes sense though Turbo Christians hate the evil green weed.

18 hours ago, 2slow said:

I was going to say that someone finally beat Tennessee for the NCAA Offseason Football Championship. UT's had a lock on that since Brick by Brick Butch's days. 

21 hours ago, Fakenews said:

After Mullen’s total ownage of UGA and three straight New Years 6 bowls to start his tenure he was due a big raise.

He just got it.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/dan-mullen-gators-florida-contract-extension-2021/

just guaranteed there will be a buyout in the future.  CDM ceiling is tying for first in the SEC East (last year).  Recruits think he is a dweeb so it really does not matter how much of a good offensive coach he is, Gators don't have the Jimmys and Joes stacked across the field.  Florida fans will get sick of losing 2-4 games every year.

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, 2slow said:

just guaranteed there will be a buyout in the future.  CDM ceiling is tying for first in the SEC East (last year).  Recruits think he is a dweeb so it really does not matter how much of a good offensive coach he is, Gators don't have the Jimmys and Joes stacked across the field.  Florida fans will get sick of losing 2-4 games every year.

If our ceiling is beating UGA more often than not I can live with that for a while.  UGA fans are going to realize in short order that no matter the Jimmy and Joes, KB can’t win a Natty or an SEC championship.  To be fair to him no UGA coach has won a Natty in 40 years....

53 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

If our ceiling is beating UGA more often than not I can live with that for a while.  UGA fans are going to realize in short order that no matter the Jimmy and Joes, KB can’t win a Natty or an SEC championship.  To be fair to him no UGA coach has won a Natty in 40 years....

He already won the SEC once, the SEC East three times and a playoff game in 5 years as a head coach. 2-1 against CDM at Florida, 4-1 all time. 

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yeah, sure... lots 'of  winners here

untitled.jpg

Thank god Clempson plays Syracuse at home this year!  That’s a toughie for the Crying  Dabos

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Budgetary trouble in Athens?

well you know jimbo and his wads of cash...  I guess Uga got outbid...

reading that in two years, the playoff will be a 12 team field..    power 5 conferernce champs, best of the minor leagues, and six at large..

5 hours ago, 2slow said:

How damn rich is AtM?  Usually Dawgs can outbid everybody

there are a ton of A&M alum who are dying for a national champ..   they have lots of bucks...  they could probably outspend UTexas or Notre Dame...       they were a land grant college like clemson, except A&M's land probably had oil on it..

Texas A&M University System (which includes Texas A&M, ten other universities, and a health center that are in the Texas A&M University System) has an endowment valued at more than $11 billion, which would rank second among U.S. public universities and 7th overall

Interesting story on which programs do the best job of Developing their players.

To no ones surprise Bama tops the list.  But to the casual CFB fan this might be a shocker.  The Gators are #2!  UGA clocks in at nine and Clempson doesn’t make the top 10.  

That’s not a surprise if you think about it Mullen and Saban are known for getting the most out of their players while Smart and Sweeney are fantastic recruiters but not great HC’s.

Look for EJ to have a breakout season while JT Daniels struggles.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-recruiting-development-NFL-Draft-picks-results-Development-Rating-2021-166233526/#166233526_1

Who is a bigger piece of shit Bo Schemblecher or Joe Paterno?  Tough call. 
Both their legacies are dogshit. They deserve scorn not statues. 
just read about Bo’s own son and am disgusted