College Football 2021

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the party, bitches.   Woo Pig Sooie!

I’d like to remind everyone that this is the last calendar month in 2021 in which we will have no college football games. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Don't tell FakeGnus because he has been posting the pandemic is over. 

It is for the vaxed.  These cancellations are deeply silly.  Infection <> something bad.  There are all sort of respiratory viruses out there and we don’t cancel events during a bad flu season.  We have been traumatized by COVID but we have to stop over reactions like this.  We have at our disposal vaccines, boosters and now anti virals all which make bad outcomes almost non existent, yet we continue to act to preserve the lives and health of the willingly unvaxed.  Fuck em.

Time to move on.

48 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Tell that to LSU.  That said he’s probably a backup AR15 and Carlos Del Rio are higher rated QB’s.

You were saying all this shit a year ago and looking down on Michigan!  How'd that work out for you?  UF is a joke, a joke compared to where they should be, you really should make a realistic assessment...you are incapable.  I said earlier this year that Michigan was going nowhere, I thought the defense would be good, but the offense would stumble.  Due to a season-ending injury to their star receiver, they went looking for a ground game and found one.  And as the season went on, they found the passing game as well.  Their special teams are good and they don't take stupid penalties.  Like it or not, right now, they are a well coached team.  Where's the coach you thought was God, in the bowery pitching pennies?

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

You were saying all this shit a year ago and looking down on Michigan!  How'd that work out for you?  UF is a joke, a joke compared to where they should be, you really should make a realistic assessment...you are incapable.  I said earlier this year that Michigan was going nowhere, I thought the defense would be good, but the offense would stumble.  Due to a season-ending injury to their star receiver, they went looking for a ground game and found one.  And as the season went on, they found the passing game as well.  Their special teams are good and they don't take stupid penalties.  Like it or not, right now, they are a well coached team.  Where's the coach you thought was God, in the bowery pitching pennies?

Looks like you were wrong and don’t know shit about CFB.

10 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Looks like you were wrong and don’t know shit about CFB.

Wrong, your team is playing their bowl game today!  I WAS wrong, my team exceeded all my expectations, did yours?

Don't quit your day job pretending to know shit about viruses.  We all know you are cutting and pasting from a UF website.  Fuck the French!

Gators lose to little brother, then try to beat him up after the game, which didn’t work either.  Damn that’s pitiful.

Thoughts and prayers to Sol and the one or two other gator fans not completely awash in the asshattery.  We’ve been there and worse.  It ain’t no fun.  Hang in there brother.  These things have a way of cycling.

On a barely related note, my adopted hometown and Alma mater of my daughter have already booked a GREAT season! Everything from here on is total gravy.  Let’s Go UC!

5 hours ago, razorback said:

Gators lose to little brother, then try to beat him up after the game, which didn’t work either.  Damn that’s pitiful.

Thoughts and prayers to Sol and the one or two other gator fans not completely awash in the asshattery.  We’ve been there and worse.  It ain’t no fun.  Hang in there brother.  These things have a way of cycling.

On a barely related note, my adopted hometown and Alma mater of my daughter have already booked a GREAT season! Everything from here on is total gravy.  Let’s Go UC!

I’m fine with it. It was obvious that they were going to lose that game long before kickoff, but they hung in until the ref ejected the only guy making tackles for throwing a phantom punch. That shut down the defense, which was keeping them in the game. The only disappointment for me is seeing yet another game where Pierce didn’t get 20-25 carries. The fighting sucks, but it isn’t a surprise given that many of those kids have played against and hated each other since long before college. 
UCF has gotten huge; pretty sure it’s the biggest enrollment in the state. Packed with kids with a hardon for UF because they couldn’t get in, which has gotten exceptionally difficult. 

26 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It happens. I’ve watched my team win three titles in the last 25 years. Not many can say that. I ain’t greedy. I’m patient. And I’m still here…even on he tough days. 

yeah, but 2 of those were under urban meyer so they got to be tainted..   :P

anyway, I think Billy is going to do you good,  he had some good mentors along his path..

2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yeah, but 2 of those were under urban meyer so they got to be tainted..   :P

anyway, I think Billy is going to do you good,  he had some good mentors along his path..

I’m fine with it, as long as it is done right. I’d rather lose a few while not breaking any rules or otherwise teaching those kids bad habits, than win by bending the rules. 

I was fed up with Urban by the end. The lack of discipline off the field made its way onto the field, as it always does (and did again this year under Mullen). 

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I was fed up with Urban by the end. The lack of discipline off the field made its way onto the field, as it always does (and did again this year under Mullen). 

Aye. Shades of Jimmy Johnson's Hurricanes. It was a fun ride though.

Covid just cancelled the San Diego Bowl or whatever the fuck its called.  I bet those NC fans that travelled all the way across country are just pleased as punch hearing this announcement. 

Covid?  Our UF self-appointed Dr says it's over!

If Michigan wins out, I will buy myself a great steak dinner!

SEC is worried.  Fakenews' knowledge of College Football is only rivaled by his knowledge of Female Anatomy

16 minutes ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

The SEC is currently at 1-5 in bowl games - there is no truth to the rumor they are changing to SUCs.

ACC isn't much better , but the SEC has 5 games to go.. interesting post-season, with co-vid , op-outs, coaches moving...   clemson had 28 players out,  only 2 to covid a WR and his roomie.   a couple of transfers and the rest , injuries..

Sigh.  Michigan totally surprised by the quality of the defensive line of Georgia.  Michigan receivers appear unable to get open.  Owned.

• Like 1

Ignoring Michigan's total failure to show up for a minute.  This game is totally fucking unwatchable for the number of commercials.  What, every 2 minutes of real time we've got commercials?

On 12/24/2021 at 2:31 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

It happens. I’ve watched my team win three titles in the last 25 years. Not many can say that. I ain’t greedy. I’m patient. And I’m still here…even on he tough days. 

Patient?  PAITIENT?!  

WE LAST WON IT ALL IN 1964!

Still here. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Of all of the conferences with two teams in the playoff, the SEC is by far the worst. 

Of all of the conferences with two teams in the championship game, the SEC is by far the worst. 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Of all of the conferences with two teams in the championship game, the SEC is by far the worst. 

But they pay their players the most, so it all evens out.

42 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

But they pay their players the most, so it all evens out.

That’s actually going to be a thing I suspect, with the new NIL stuff coming into play. Kids who play for the teams that are in the playoffs year in/year out are going to make more NIL bank than the kids playing for UTEP. It’s going to be a vicious cycle, and the easy transfer portal will exacerbate it. 

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That’s actually going to be a thing I suspect, with the new NIL stuff coming into play. Kids who play for the teams that are in the playoffs year in/year out are going to make more NIL bank than the kids playing for UTEP. It’s going to be a vicious cycle, and the easy transfer portal will exacerbate it. 

well so far,  63% of transfers have not found a destination... 

On 12/24/2021 at 2:31 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

GW?

3 minutes ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

Was painful watching LSU, hope they can put that one back together again. So, where did Superior Knowledge guy go? The one that said SEC going to run the table?

Asking for a fiend.

i don't know, but there's two left and they seem to be doing ok...  

On 1/2/2022 at 6:25 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Florida. I’m always greedy with GW. They never lose. That’s why they don’t get invited to bowl games. 

I remember you telling me about their streak when my daughter was looking at GW. 

Was definitely a selling point.

Until she read up on it.

Serious fans might like this bit in WAPO about the Kelly/LSU experience and the inner city community: 

in a city where the predominantly Black state house district that includes Tiger Stadium has a median household income of $24,865 a year, the White man who will coach there will be paid no less than $24,657 a day. Really bad optics.

10 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

kirby breaks the curse... well done...    ga still sucks..

That game had a bit of everything. Bama being on the wrong side of a wave of knee injuries for a change. Championship game rematches never repeat the earlier result. Georgia fans showing their class and putting the grounds crew to work. 2061 is a long way away. Good show. The season’s best team won. 

still here 

38 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That game had a bit of everything. Bama being on the wrong side of a wave of knee injuries for a change. Championship game rematches never repeat the earlier result. Georgia fans showing their class and putting the grounds crew to work. 2061 is a long way away. Good show. The season’s best team won. 

still here 

Dawgs ! They did it with a walk-on quarterback nobody believed in. Way to go Stetson Bennett.

• Like 2
On 1/20/2021 at 8:32 PM, Fakenews said:

Glad to see you’re back after a conspicuous (and unwarranted) silent stretch after the UF debacle.  Before you get too cocky UGA’s cheating ways might catch up to them in 2021. Will UGA ever beat the Gators?  It’s an interesting question.

So much for our expert's prognostication abilities.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

you terribelle Mr. Sol........                          :)

Gotta have some fun. UGA was the best team in CFB all year, but for one day. That one day made them better. Who can’t be happy for Stetson Bennett? They brought in a big name to take the pressure off of him and he didn’t need it. He had chances to wither and fold but he didn’t. Awesome job. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

Stetson the 8th I am......     

Heh.  I once raced with a guy named [something] Norman [something] ___ the 6th.

His pet peeve in life was that he would have been the 17th, except somebody 100 years before he was born gave their kid Nicholas for the middle name.

Small problem? Sure.  But lots of fun to call him Nicholas and watch him fume.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

You know he is a IV? Anybody know if it ever goes beyond that? Stetson the 8th I am......     and am I the only one who thinks Thurston Howell?  (note; seems like a really good guy who really loves Dawg ball). 

He is 'Bennet IV' on his Hersey. Seems odd or pretentious or something.

5 hours ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

You know he is a IV? Anybody know if it ever goes beyond that? Stetson the 8th I am......     and am I the only one who thinks Thurston Howell?  (note; seems like a really good guy who really loves Dawg ball). 

well knowing people from Ga..   great, great great, great, grandad  probably drawled

"this is my stepson"..    and everyone thought it was stetson and it stuck..

• Like 3
7 hours ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

I was at UH when Elvin Hayes and company were there and was on the field close to the court for THE game when they beat UCLA in the Astrodome,  hard not to be a bb fan after that. Good times.

Truly a heartbreaker for West Coast fans. Hayes was a great player.

And no one in Texas recalls that Alcindor was playing with a freshly injured eye. They met again in the NCAA tournament with a healthy Alcindor and won 101-69. The following year? Same ol same ol 100-60 something.

12 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

He is 'Bennet IV' on his Hersey. Seems odd or pretentious or something.

Speaking for Ed Lada :D  proff before you post?

and don't forget RG111image.jpeg.115c7ae08f8309abce49edbb0bf7a060.jpeg

15 minutes ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

End of season NCAA finals. Hayes had the flu - and Wooden's UCLA teams were rightfully legendary.  My post and point were about that moment - one that changed college bb leading to March madness.  It's the only time I have been at a game that seemed to have the emotion of the Bama/Dawg game - those folks live it bigly. Thanks for taking a shit on what was an epic night.

You think you got fucked? I wanted the dogs but bet the Tide and 3 points. Your feeling is hurt, I'm out a grand.

It's good you now know the truth about that epic night. Also that was just the first big natl tv game. The contracts had been signed. The game was great but it wasn't the seminal moment IRL as it is in your memory.

The truth may set you free but it won't make ya popular.

You guys oughta get out more.

1 hour ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

I described a moment in time that the game Monday reminded me of. My feelings aren't hurt by you or anyone else. However if your butthurt last for more than 4 days you should seek medical attention.

as eva dance.

It's yer very personal and poignant story d' ... I'm just all about truth on the internet. You'll thank me later. 

2 hours ago, d&#x27;ranger said:

Truth on the internet - now that's some funny shit.  Wait! Basketball Game of the Century according to Google

And no thanks to you.

:D Where do you think I got my info?

You me and millions watched that game. It was a wonderful game. Not GOAT. I'd choose the Duke v Somebody where Laettner steps on the player on the floor on purpose! then hits a jumper with no time left for the National Championship. The Valvano one was way beyond good too. 

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

:D Where do you think I got my info?

You me and millions watched that game. It was a wonderful game. Not GOAT. I'd choose the Duke v Somebody where Laettner steps on the player on the floor on purpose! then hits a jumper with no time left for the National Championship. The Valvano one was way beyond good too. 

it was kentucky in final 8....  i was at a sports bar watching a different game, Ky alum met at this bar to watch their games..  must have been a hundred of them...  the bar goes silent when he makes that shot... priceless..

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

it was kentucky in final 8....  i was at a sports bar watching a different game, Ky alum met at this bar to watch their games..  must have been a hundred of them...  the bar goes silent when he makes that shot... priceless..

and he didn't miss a shot All Game Long. Not one. Just incredible. 

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

and he didn't miss a shot All Game Long. Not one. Just incredible. 

Cool didn't know that.  I watched him make mincemeat out of Shaq in college. Things changed in the pros.

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

You Dumbass GIF - You Dumbass Missed GIFs

Guess so. 

I apologize d'. I had no idea how sensitive you are and how important that vicarious 60 min of glory was to you then, and now, 50 years later. 

48min?

16 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Guess so. 

I apologize d'. I had no idea how sensitive you are and how important that vicarious 60 min of glory was to you then, and now, 50 years later. 

48min?

Woody, is that you?

19 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Looks to me like you've wasted a bunch of time, energy, and EMOTION on what could have been handled by a simple "fuck off."

HTFU. It's the internet. 

Your'e an angry elf and I'm sorry, your wife never said she was married, On second thought, she did say something about a dead lay and husband.

HTFU Indeed.

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Your'e an angry elf and I'm sorry, your wife never said she was married, On second thought, she did say something about a dead lay and husband.

HTFU Indeed.

This is childlike.

• Like 1
On 1/14/2022 at 12:03 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

and with that  College Football 2021 is done,  it's a wrap...  

nothing here but two monkeys slinging shit at each other...   somewhat entertaining, but get's boring after a minute or two..

GW Football. Still undefeated.