College Football 2021

26 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Conventional wisdom was that Bama’s win over Miami was impressive but I knew it came against a trash Miami team.  That was confirmed with this weeks game vs App State.  We really don’t know much about Bama.  Gators have been playing a soft serve Vanilla schedule and still racking up 600 yards a game.  I expect a dogfight.  

Fixed it for ya!...

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the party, bitches.   Woo Pig Sooie!

I’d like to remind everyone that this is the last calendar month in 2021 in which we will have no college football games. 

Posted Images

On 9/10/2021 at 9:47 PM, 2slow said:

Been to games at both. Totally concur. Madison is a great town and Camp Randall is an experience, Clemson is an exit on 85N with a Hooters, then you have to drive 10 miles to the middle of nowhere. 

BTW...To HELL WITH GEORGIA...and we're about to get another ass whoopin' this weekend.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, 2slow said:

How’s his arm??

The qb whisperer doesn’t have a quarter back who can throw the ball.

Georgia will be 12-0 and has the regular season to get healthy on offense. 

FSU is greatly improved. Their best guy is a Georgia DLine transfer, Jerrmaine Johnson, two sacks against ND, never left the field. 
He was a solid rotational player at UGA, definitely saw the field but not a standout. Dawgs are stupid loaded on defense. 

FSU greatly improved ? Don't get so carried away on week 1 results particularly when it's a loss. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:29 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

looks like saban is turning into woody hayes...  not quite all there..

Except that unlike Woody , Saban is winning championships not punching other teams players. Not a good comparison. Better luck next time.

1 hour ago, surf nazi said:

Except that unlike Woody , Saban is winning championships not punching other teams players. Not a good comparison. Better luck next time.

when you lose your cool, blowing out a cupcake, it's only a matter of time...  never saw Bear act like that..

4 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

when you lose your cool, blowing out a cupcake, it's only a matter of time...  never saw Bear act like that..

Nope. You are completely wrong. He is sending a message to his players that they play to their standard no matter the opponent. He has to explode sometimes to get that message across clearly. He has done this since the beginning of his coaching career .Yes, he is different than the Bear.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:41 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

And now Florida fans can enjoy the two or three loses that Alabama will pin on them; the one from playing Bama and the ones that happen while the knee injuries heal. 

Seriously?  Way out of character buddy.

51 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Down goes Helton. 

Good news 

Despite tons of talent he has proven year in and year out he can't get them to develop from High School stars to champions.  He's a great guy but doesn't have what it takes to win at this level.  He basically got the job because he was there when Sark imploded and had to check into rehab.  For a program of SC's stature, he never should have been offered the job.

Great opportunity to make a measurable improvement to the program.

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Down goes Helton. 

Hope they have a great hire and return to glory. College football is better when it’s not a regional sport. 
Maybe Urban Meyer after he flames out in the NFL later this year. 

Iowa is a fraud, Kent State will cover the 22 next weekend 

UGA 12-0, this team is the best Georgia team in forever. UAB was not even a patsy, better than 3 teams in SEC East, and it was like they were playing a high school squad. 

51 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Hope they have a great hire and return to glory. College football is better when it’s not a regional sport. 

UGA 12-0, this team is the best Georgia team in forever. UAB was not even a patsy, better than 3 teams in SEC East, and it was like they were playing a high school squad. 

Urban is a dickhead and will probably have "health problems" before the season is over...he'll have as much success in the NFL as Saban did...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/claims-unhinged-urban-meyer-causing-problems-already-at-jaguars-in-ticking-nfl-time-bomb/news-story/710229a6183b30456364aefcaa62a4c5

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Urban is a dickhead and will probably have "health problems" before the season is over...he'll have as much success in the NFL as Saban did...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/claims-unhinged-urban-meyer-causing-problems-already-at-jaguars-in-ticking-nfl-time-bomb/news-story/710229a6183b30456364aefcaa62a4c5

From your article “The 57-year-old Meyer boasted a career record of 187-32 in 17 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State, including a national championship for the Buckeyes in 2014. He was hired by the Jags after they finished with an NFL-worst record of 1-15 last season. 

Anything missing from that resume?

wonder if it is Florida who is embarrassed to be connected to Urban and that team or if Urban is embarrassed to be connected to UF. Could be both. 

26 minutes ago, 2slow said:

From your article “The 57-year-old Meyer boasted a career record of 187-32 in 17 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State, including a national championship for the Buckeyes in 2014. He was hired by the Jags after they finished with an NFL-worst record of 1-15 last season. 

Anything missing from that resume?

wonder if it is Florida who is embarrassed to be connected to Urban and that team or if Urban is embarrassed to be connected to UF. Could be both. 

"Coached Aaron Hernandez" for 800 please Alex...:ph34r:

Hey Directional school of California!! Keep your coach recruiters the fuck out of Happy Valkey. Franklin isn’t going to leave a top school to coach your glorified high school program. 
And… He isn’t anywhere near the dirt of cheat necesssry  to serve your style. . 

11 hours ago, 2slow said:

I was thinking Urban Meyer as well. News around here is that the team is already over it with him hammering on assistants and other college motivational tricks. If they keep showing up not ready to play pro ball it could happen sooner than later. I watched Saban wreck the Dolphins. When the right college job shows up, they’re gone in an instant. 

22 hours ago, pbd said:

Good news 

Despite tons of talent he has proven year in and year out he can't get them to develop from High School stars to champions.  He's a great guy but doesn't have what it takes to win at this level.  He basically got the job because he was there when Sark imploded and had to check into rehab.  For a program of SC's stature, he never should have been offered the job.

Great opportunity to make a measurable improvement to the program.

Maybe they can hire Jimmy Lake from the U of W.  After all, Washington has apparently decided that they no longer intend to play collegiate football and is disbanding what they previously described as the "team". 

They are reportedly putting all of the recaptured scholarship funds into Ultimate Frisbee and Equestrian programs.

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

a name i haven't seen mentioned anywhere...   Bob Stoops,  pull him out of arena football and give him 10mil 

Stoops is not old but I’ve seen him on TV and it looks like he’s enjoying retirement a la Jimmy Johnson.  He left the game as a top 3 coach in the country with no regrets don’t think he’s coming back.

Leading candidate is Eric Biennamy also M. Cristobal

On 9/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, Fakenews said:

UF redshirt fresh QB ran the 5th fastest recorded speed in all of CFB week 1.  He’s 6’4” 240.  Early comparison is to Cam Newton or a bigger Lamar Jackson.  Star in the making.

Georgia’s freshman tight end is faster

B68DCFE8-1D0B-4FE6-A59F-38AA66F6FE62.png

have you ever seen a tight end out run all the db’s for 89 yards

22 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Georgia’s freshman tight end is faster

B68DCFE8-1D0B-4FE6-A59F-38AA66F6FE62.png

have you ever seen a tight end out run all the db’s for 89 yards

Um yeah, Kyle pitts ran a 4.44 40.  That guy is fast but to be fair to AR he pulled a hammy (actually there’s some dispute about that).  We need him to beat Bama.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Stoops is not old but I’ve seen him on TV and it looks like he’s enjoying retirement a la Jimmy Johnson.  He left the game as a top 3 coach in the country with no regrets don’t think he’s coming back.

Leading candidate is Eric Biennamy also M. Cristobal

retired??    he's coaching the dallas regengades in the xfl...  

you sniffing glue?

Biennamy ain't going to take a college job and Cristobal isn't going anywhere...

34 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Do you think CDM will risk having AR’s football soul shattered in his first start?  Good qb’s can be broken, just look at what Dawgs did to DJU. Tough call

No, and he won’t play if he’s hurt.  EJ will play the whole game if he is.  If not Mullen won’t be afraid to play both.   AR will see the field plenty, he’s a difference maker and he’s big and strong.

In an interview with Mark Heim of AL.com, Finebaum said that he’s expecting Alabama to blowout Florida. He doesn’t feel that the two schools are even in the same league.

“I really don’t think this will be a fourth-quarter game,” Finebaum told Heim. “I don’t think Florida’s in the same category as Alabama.”

41 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I saw that interview.  The guy is a total hack with some weird beef against Mullen.  Gators win convincingly if EJ throws one Int or less.  Word is AR is full go.

Funny stuff Gaston, even you don’t believe your own bullshit. Gators lose by at least 20. Bama will cover. So will Dawgs for 3rd week in a row.  

Just saw this. Dan Mullin has one of the all time worst winning percentages against good teams;

Summary: Dan Mullen vs Teams that finished ranked in the AP poll at the end of the season.

All-Time vs Top 25 7-42 vs Top 10 2-28

While at UF vs Top 25 4-7 vs Top 10 2-6

(Kirby Smart is 11-4 vs top ten teams.)

This victory over Bama will rank in the Top 5 most satisfying Gator victories.

1) The 52-20 thumping of FSU for the first Natty

2) The 41-14 thumping of OSU for the second.

3) All the times SOS stomped on the hearts of UGA fans but particularly the time Eric Rhett ran for a million yards in the rain

4) The time Urban Meyer called two timeouts in the final minute of a 49-10 thumping of UGA

5) Tomorrow’s likely win. 

On 9/17/2021 at 12:16 PM, Fakenews said:

3) All the times SOS stomped on the hearts of UGA fans but particularly the time Eric Rhett ran for a million yards in the rain

4) The time Urban Meyer called two timeouts in the final minute of a 49-10 thumping of UGA

You really need to get laid.

I just had a Bama fan all bent out of shape and wanting to throw down. Walking through the biker bar by my house, wearing my Florida hat, and I hear a “Roll Taaaad!” For years, my response to that has been “no thanks, I did my dirty laundry last night.”  Ol hoss didn’t like getting laughed at by the crowd….

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I just had a Bama fan all bent out of shape and wanting to throw down. Walking through the biker bar by my house, wearing my Florida hat, and I hear a “Roll Taaaad!” For years, my response to that has been “no thanks, I did my dirty laundry last night.”  Ol hoss didn’t like getting laughed at by the crowd….

Look at Covid deaths, Alabama, although competitive, has nothing on FL.

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Look at Covid deaths, Alabama, although competitive, has nothing on FL.

Would it be possible to have some fucking fun with college football, or must that be a bummer too? Does every fucking thing have to be about bull fucking gator or Covid fucking 19? Must every fucking thing be fucking miserable for every-fucking-one?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Would it be possible to have some fucking fun with college football, or must that be a bummer too? Does every fucking thing have to be about bull fucking gator or Covid fucking 19? Must every fucking thing be fucking miserable for every-fucking-one?

Of course not, I'm watching my safety school beating Miami and looking forward to Bama kicking the shit out of UF!

• Like 3

Seriously?  I've seen cheerleading teams play tougher.  Sucks to be you.

5 minutes ago, 2slow said:

It looks like UF is cruising to a moral victory! 

You know shit...seriously, get laid.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

clemson looked horrible,  DJ can't seem to throw, he's throwing everything too hard.. with our receivers we should be destroying teams...  

Georgia won the South Carolina State Championship tonight. Go Dawgs, suck it Clemson 

Well that was one hell of a game and and credit to Bama for pulling out a victory even as they crumbled like a cookie in the last 3 quarters of the game.  The crowd was spectacular probably the loudest I’ve heard since the 97 FSU game.  When they lit into Petty’s “Won’t backdown” at the end of the 3rd qtr it was awesome.  On the field the disparity between the two teams was stunning.  Florida’s Oline was tossing around Bama’s 5* like rag dolls.  The gators ran for 250 yards and are indisputably the nation best rushing team.  On D credit to Grantham for making adjustments after the 1st qtr.  Gators stuffed the run game holding Bama to under a 100yards for the first time in 5 years.  The last time Bama scored less than 35 points?  Jan 2019.  the gators out gained Bama by 100 yards and all that was done without the star freshman QB.  These two teams will meet again in December.  Overall Mullen proved he’s probably the best game day offensive coach out there.

Right now there aren’t 5 teams better than the Gators.

My reasonable top 5?

1) Bama

2) Oregon

3) Georgia

4) Gators

5) PSU

18 minutes ago, 2slow said:

It’s just like Florida fans to celebrate a home loss. 

It’s just like delusional UGA fans to predict a Florida blowout by Bama.  Fact is over the last two seasons Bama has struggled to beat Florida by an average of 4 points while beating everyone else in the SEC by an average  31 points.  The pecking order in the SEC is Bama, Florida, UGA

18 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i like how the SEC is trying to cover up that one of their teams got pantsed by Memphis..

Who dat?  I was on the record as saying Leach was a terrible hire.  He’s a below average college coach.  That said the reek coming from the ACC is overwhelming.  I can understand why you don’t want to discus that.

Georgia/Florida is going to be incredible this year. Florida’s bad ass run game against the best run defense 3 years straight. Florida beating Bama on both sides of the line might have been the most unexpected occurrence of the season. 
When #99 Jordan Davis goes pro next year Dawgs will not be the same. He is irreplaceable. Best defensive player in the country. He personally collapses the pocket every single passing down and running up the middle is nearly impossible. Have y’all been watching him?  Really crazy seeing a man that big move so well. 6’6” 350, clocked a bit over 20mph running down a QB from behind last week. 

While it won't get any airtime (I couldn't find a clip anywhere). Last nights game between Idaho and Oklahoma had one really impressive Defensive hit.

Kid named Skinner for Boise came across the middle and hit the Oklahoma receiver as he was making a cut after the catch. Literally stopped him dead in tracks and knocked him backwards about a yard.

Reminded me of a young Kam Chancellor. He will be worth watching.

WL

14 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

While it won't get any airtime (I couldn't find a clip anywhere). Last nights game between Idaho and Oklahoma had one really impressive Defensive hit.

Kid named Skinner for Boise came across the middle and hit the Oklahoma receiver as he was making a cut after the catch. Literally stopped him dead in tracks and knocked him backwards about a yard.

Reminded me of a young Kam Chancellor. He will be worth watching.

WL

That was Oklahoma STATE. Also the opponent was Boise State not Idaho.  

One other thing. Gary Danielson keeps outdoing his reputation for being a dumbass without an original thought. Lee Corso has better takes than Danielson. Why is he still allowed to shit all over the SEC game of the week every week?

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

One other thing. Gary Danielson keeps outdoing his reputation for being a dumbass without an original thought. Lee Corso has better takes than Danielson. Why is he still allowed to shit all over the SEC game of the week every week?

Totally agree.  He’s got his head up Bama’s butt.  I watched some of the replay this AM and there’s a call where the Florida receiver got a first down by extending the ball past the first down marker but brought the ball back as he fell down.  Danielson was indignant and didn’t understand the rule.

29 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

As for OU (totally over rated) they did manage the best int of the year.

while everyone is raving about the interception, no one has bothered to point out that if he'd drop that ball, OU would have had the ball on the 25 instead of the 4..  

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Totally agree.  He’s got his head up Bama’s butt.  I watched some of the replay this AM and there’s a call where the Florida receiver got a first down by extending the ball past the first down marker but brought the ball back as he fell down.  Danielson was indignant and didn’t understand the rule.

It's not like he predicted a UF victory.  

On 9/19/2021 at 6:33 AM, 2slow said:

The ACC and Pac-12 went a combined 4-7 against FBS non-conference opponents Saturday.
How is that even possible?

Being a Pac-12 homer, I can't speak for the ACC, but from top to bottom, (yes even the Quacks)  the Pac-12 isn't very good.  Frankly I'm pretty embarrassed to be a part of this conference. 

On 9/19/2021 at 3:57 PM, Fakenews said:

As for OU (totally over rated) they did manage the best int of the year.

This is one of many catches I see where I wonder if they could have done it without the gloves.....damn athletic catch! (even though it was tactically stupid, cost them over 20 yds)

Arkansas, hell yeah. New Texas state champs. Sam Pitman is a special person. 

Vanderbilt asked for a running clock in the 4th quarter against UGA.  Never seen that in an SEC conference game.
 Dawgs could have put up 100. Was 35-0 6 minutes into the first and Georgia pulled the starters. 

Haha Clemson. Back to Clemsoning, midnight struck. 

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

This is shaping up to be a year where winning all its games is a team’s simple path to the national championship. 

Meh.  I don’t see an undefeated Cindy or BYU in the playoffs.  SEC will get two spots even if both are one loss teams then I think it’s OU and Oregon.  Think the BIG 10 sits this one out as well as ND

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

I have a feeling Dabo is going to start taking transfers and JC kids. All that holier than thou bullshit will go out the window without a transcendent quarterback. 

you know if clemson sucks so bad ( which they are) ga's wins are nothing but smoke and mirrors as you haven't played anyone yet..    and you get arkansas at home.. 

and DJ can be a transcendent qb,  the play calling by elliot just sucks balls.. 

On 9/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, Fakenews said:

LOL at top 8 matchup

Arkansas is #8 this morning. Ha

Gators are deservedly the highest ranked one glorious loss team. 

Winner of Cincinnati/ND will be slaughtered in the first round of playoffs.