College Football 2021

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the party, bitches.   Woo Pig Sooie!

I’d like to remind everyone that this is the last calendar month in 2021 in which we will have no college football games. 

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

You do make me laugh.  My prediction, UF starting QB does not finish the game.

That’s because Mullen will probably start Jones to Jedi mind fuck the UGA defense then immediately switch to Richardson.

11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

That’s because Mullen will probably start Jones to Jedi mind fuck the UGA defense then immediately switch to Richardson.

Mullen?  The 4-3 genius Mullen.  Oh yeah, the Bulldogs are going to wet their pants.

I'd respect you if you just came out and said something to the effect that this season has been a disappointment.  I thought we had a team that could compete...

That is, offer a real analysis.  Not one while wearing Tebow pajamas, a Tebow jersey, and reliving the greatest day of your life, a hand job by a UF cheerleader, a male UF cheerleader.

If you are BG (and I believe so), you should want to put the mask on.  A paper bag would help more.

Bull.thumb.jpg.9d3f442cc5437ee9348e3c49439b960b.jpg

• Downvote 1

30-14 U-M against a very solid MSU challenge.  Michigan keeps getting better...I'm loving it.  OSU better?  Maybe next year.  One thing's for sure, our bowl game won't share the date with UF(please God, six wins).

On 10/24/2021 at 6:25 PM, Fakenews said:

Well it’s Florida Georgia week and we know what that means!  A likely Gator victory.  Looking forward to seeing the freshman QB carve up UGA’s defense.

I am too, is he still playing?

3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Fakenews asked me to ask if that's any good.  UGA is feeling it.

Nice MSU win today. From my Chicago decade, I loved my Michigan State friends. Always root for them

• Like 2
On 10/25/2021 at 12:20 PM, 2slow said:

I just put my kids entire college fund, my 401k and cashed out some equity in my house on Georgia -14.

Son, Pepperdine is on the table..

the biggest question is can Georgia shut out Florida and end their not been shutout streak ?

Nope, but close

On 10/25/2021 at 12:20 PM, 2slow said:

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Clemson lost an awful lot of talent to the draft. The Jags will eventually be a fun team to watch….  

not much of an offensive line, we need to retire Caldwell and get a new offensive line coach..  for some reason we are on the second tier talent wise there compared to Uga , Bama, & OSU

and i have no fucking idea how the #1 player in the country two years ago can't throw a decent pass this year..

UH pulled out another win - smart coaches will not kickoff to Marcus Jones at the end of a game anymore.  Twice in 2 games? That was sweet - and yeah I know it's not big boy ball but it feels good here.  Holgerson is on his way to making a competitive team.

4 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

UH pulled out another win - smart coaches will not kickoff to Marcus Jones at the end of a game anymore.  Twice in 2 games? That was sweet - and yeah I know it's not big boy ball but it feels good here.  Holgerson is on his way to making a competitive team.

that must been a fun game to watch... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

that must been a fun game to watch... 

Yep, I just came back to say I didn't have the heart to pile on FakeGnus - I have a number of friends moping tonight - Michigan and Texas for a couple.  Don't know what is up with Clemson but they won't be down for long and Georgia/Alabama should be epic.

7 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Yep, I just came back to say I didn't have the heart to pile on FakeGnus - I have a number of friends moping tonight - Michigan and Texas for a couple.  Don't know what is up with Clemson but they won't be down for long and Georgia/Alabama should be epic.

I just don’t get that. When one of my teams wins or loses a big game I wake up the next day and my life is invariably no better or worse. The Gators and Dolphins suck, but I’ve seen each in a championship before. It’s more fun to see them win, for sure. My high school team won its first district title in 60 years on Friday night. It didn’t get me out of mowing and trimming my yard this weekend or finding my property tax bill in the mailbox yesterday. Sure, Florida lost but it’s not like I have to walk around today wearing red shoulder-pads with black phallic symbols standing proudly atop them….  That’s for the Georgia fans to do. Now it’s back to homeowner/builder shit. 

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I just don’t get that. When one of my teams wins or loses a big game I wake up the next day and my life is invariably no better or worse.

Evadent that you are a grown up with an active life. Couple of these good ol boys got nothing but boyhood dreams that didn't work out.

People who get depressed over the outcome of CFB games need to get a grip.

That said we saw two evenly matched teams in Jacksonville yesterday.  I believe Florida actually outgained UGA.  But for a series of unfortunate events the game would have been much closer.  Kirby continues to be unable to field a game changing QB and that will mean another year without a Natty.

52 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

That said we saw two evenly matched teams in Jacksonville yesterday.  I believe Florida actually outgained UGA.  But for a series of unfortunate events the game would have been much closer.  Kirby continues to be unable to field a game changing QB and that will mean another year without a Natty.

I wouldn't be so sure about Georgia's chances. The Bucs won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and a defense that could tear the nuts off of a charging rhino. Georgia has such a defense. All they need to run the offense is a QB who doesn't hand the ball to the other team on their own 5 yard line, and doesn't throw the ball to the guys in the other color shirts. They have such a guy, perhaps 2. That is enough to make them 27 points better than the Gators. 

Is the doom and gloom around Mullen warranted? Of course not. Some of it perhaps, but not all. When was a last time a QB in that series won a game on his first try? Trask didn't. Stafford didn't.  St. Timothy of Tebow didn't, if memory serves. I thought Mullen would keep the ball on the ground and only let them throw safe stuff, which for a while they did. Then they made mistakes. They do not have enough talent to get away with making mistakes. They were moving the ball on the ground more than most do against Georgia. Had they kept doing it, that Golden Corral line might have gotten gassed as the game wore on. 

The only thing on the field that really bothered me happened after the game. Character matters. if they only had one or two guys hanging around for the alma mater, they have a character problem. To me, that was the most glaring warning sign for Mullen that I saw yesterday. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Fakenews said:

You do make me laugh.

10 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I'm sorry, which team is 8-0 and the other 4-4.  Bullshit talks...

11 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

No shit. A close defensive struggle. But for a dozen plays FL had them by the footballs.

seriously?    not even close..

Florida (4-4, 2-4) managed no points, 11 first downs and 214 yards through three quarters and looked like its decades-old, NCAA-record scoring streak might be in jeopardy down the stretch. But the Gators finally got on the scoreboard with 2:49 remaining....

No. 1 defense dominated Florida, scoring three touchdowns off miscues in a 12-play sequence

• Like 1

WTF Fakenews (aka Gator),

UF sells a better quality hot dog than UGA?  Michigan fell to 10th after a close loss.  Where the fuck is UF?  You know shit about football.  I guarantee you never played.  Just a wannabe like your hero, TFG.

On 10/31/2021 at 12:51 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

I wouldn't be so sure about Georgia's chances. The Bucs won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and a defense that could tear the nuts off of a charging rhino. Georgia has such a defense. All they need to run the offense is a QB who doesn't hand the ball to the other team on their own 5 yard line, and doesn't throw the ball to the guys in the other color shirts. They have such a guy, perhaps 2. That is enough to make them 27 points better than the Gators. 

Is the doom and gloom around Mullen warranted? Of course not. Some of it perhaps, but not all. When was a last time a QB in that series won a game on his first try? Trask didn't. Stafford didn't.  St. Timothy of Tebow didn't, if memory serves. I thought Mullen would keep the ball on the ground and only let them throw safe stuff, which for a while they did. Then they made mistakes. They do not have enough talent to get away with making mistakes. They were moving the ball on the ground more than most do against Georgia. Had they kept doing it, that Golden Corral line might have gotten gassed as the game wore on. 

The only thing on the field that really bothered me happened after the game. Character matters. if they only had one or two guys hanging around for the alma mater, they have a character problem. To me, that was the most glaring warning sign for Mullen that I saw yesterday. 

Sol, The ravens won a Super Bowl with Dilfer.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, dolphinmaster said:

It's UGA's to win it all.  Personally, I'd like to see Satan lose again but think Ohio State is the best team in the country.

Pretty sure UF is out of it.

20 minutes ago, dolphinmaster said:

My bad.  That's right, it was Brad Johnson, and a defense as described.  Dilfer benefited from such a defense as well.  It's rare, but it can happen, even in college.  Look at Bama before Kiffin rebuilt the offense. 

• Like 1

Amazing how fast the coaching seat went from a little warm to blazing hot in Gainesville. After the obvious talent disparity between Georgia and Florida this weekend the fans and media are harping on recruiting and Dan is starting to get really defensive. Kirby is watching and throwing gas on the Gainesville dumpster fire.  Mullen will not be back, no way.  He has lost most of the fan base

when Mullen was asked about recruiting today;

“We’re in the season  right now, we’ll do recruiting after the season, when it gets to be recruiting time, we can talk about recruiting,” Mullen said. “OK, next question.”

Kirby on recruiting today just to fuck CDM;

“If you don’t recruit, there’s no coach out there that can out-coach recruiting,” Smart said. “I don’t care who you are. The best coach to ever play the game better be a good recruiter because no coaching is going to out-coach players. Anybody will tell you that our defense is good because we have good players. 
You better always be recruiting. Always. Because if you are not, someone else is."

18D8AB89-A4F1-4637-BAD4-73ACA82F8C79.gif

Florida just canceled CDM press conferences for rest of the week..

5 hours ago, 2slow said:

Amazing how fast the coaching seat went from a little warm to blazing hot in Gainesville. After the obvious talent disparity between Georgia and Florida this weekend the fans and media are harping on recruiting and Dan is starting to get really defensive. Kirby is watching and throwing gas on the Gainesville dumpster fire.  Mullen will not be back, no way.  He has lost most of the fan base

when Mullen was asked about recruiting today;

“We’re in the season  right now, we’ll do recruiting after the season, when it gets to be recruiting time, we can talk about recruiting,” Mullen said. “OK, next question.”

Kirby on recruiting today just to fuck CDM;

“If you don’t recruit, there’s no coach out there that can out-coach recruiting,” Smart said. “I don’t care who you are. The best coach to ever play the game better be a good recruiter because no coaching is going to out-coach players. Anybody will tell you that our defense is good because we have good players. 
You better always be recruiting. Always. Because if you are not, someone else is."

18D8AB89-A4F1-4637-BAD4-73ACA82F8C79.gif

Florida just canceled CDM press conferences for rest of the week..

Mullen cancelled press conferences to keep the kids from being overwhelmed with bullshit. 

All those who had Florida State +9.5 and/or the under on the 48 point total vs Clemson

ha ha ha...  FSU screwing up the bettors...   Clemson up  23-20   after Clemson scores a late td, FSU has under a minute with no timeouts...  last play, like 4th & 25  they go on one of those wing nut, lateral a hundred times plays,   last guy misses , clemson picks it up and scores the td and point after..    30-20...   covers the spread and the over / under...  i'm sure a lot of tv sets were broken in the process...

31 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

holeeee shittt  

here's pole assassin   https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3M527RVSS/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

this has got to be a fucking joke,  lubbock  writer poking TTech

Since taking over as head coach of the Mississippi State, head coach Mike Leach had done a good job finding success in the SEC with his air raid offense. Leach is doing so well with the Bulldogs that he’s getting buzz for a notably vacant coaching job.

According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Leach is being “discussed seriously” as a candidate for the Texas Tech

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

Is Dan Mullen going to be fired on the tarmac in Columbia tonight?

40-10, Cocks are pouring it on like Florida is Vandy. Ugly

We might not make a bowl appearance at this rate... 3 games left gators got win out to guarantee a bowl game.  

19 minutes ago, Marcjsmith said:

FSU at home as well  that’s three by my math.  I did graduate from uf, so I could be wrong...

Sorry, the site I was on didn't show fsu until I expanded the schedule.  My mistake.

29 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

The Florida Gators football program represents the University of Florida in ...  Wikipedia

Head coach: Dan Mullen Trending  Pending

CDM lost his players and Sol. He done. 
Florida fans need to move on and quit saying “who can we get that is better”. FU is a top 5 job, there will be lots of suitors available. 

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

CDM lost his players and Sol. He done. 
Florida fans need to move on and quit saying “who can we get that is better”. FU is a top 5 job, there will be lots of suitors available. 

I’m for letting the head coach continue with a new staff below him, specifically at DC and O-Line, but what I’m for doesn’t matter when the team has checked out. Gator Standard? It looks like that’s changed since week three, for the team. It hasn’t for me. Relentless effort? I’m not seeing it. Would changing assistants fix that? Maybe, but I don’t think the head coach’s heart is in it. Time to pluck one of the former (or current?) Saban assistants and get to work again. 

I’d be fine seeing freshmen and sophomores on the field as long as they are busting ass. I want to see effort and progress, not laziness and regression. The rest of them should spend all week running the stadium steps in return for their scholarships.

That brings up another issue. How much is NIL money playing  into player attitudes nationwide? I wonder if that doesn’t effect some of these guys. 

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Florida vs Texas in the Loosers Bowl.  Somebody almost* guaranteed to win.

* nothing certain except coaches salaries. 

I am not at all certain that Florida will be bowl eligible. It is hard to win games when players won't play and coaches can't get them to play. 

Just weeks ago, South Carolina needed late heroics just to beat Vanderbilt. Against the Gators, the Gamecocks were down to their third-string quarterback, Jason Brown, a transfer from FCS St. Francis. And yet, the 'Cocks didn't just beat the Gators. They wiped the floor with them. 

• Like 1

I went to the Georgia-Mizzu game yesterday. Dawgs and fans came out totally flat. Adam Anderson stuff is absolutely a damper.  Still won by 37. Georgia might be more than a touchdown favorite against any team in the country.  
If Kirby’s seat were to be hot it would be because Dawgs only beat Florida by 27.

guys I absolutely do not want Florida to hire;

1) Dan Lanning

2) Lane KiffIn

3) Mario Cristobal

8B290625-2106-40BC-8FC2-A0E373191D13.jpeg

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

I went to the Georgia-Mizzu game yesterday. Dawgs and fans came out totally flat. Adam Anderson stuff is absolutely a damper.  Still won by 37. Georgia might be more than a touchdown favorite against any team in the country.  
If Kirby’s seat were to be hot it would be because Dawgs only beat Florida by 27.

guys I absolutely do not want Florida to hire;

1) Dan Lanning

2) Lane KiffIn

3) Mario Cristobal

8B290625-2106-40BC-8FC2-A0E373191D13.jpeg

4. Mel Tucker

Georgia fans are asking hard questions for Kirby. From SDS

Matt: I’m a Georgia homer, I love my Dawgs. But I don’t like what’s going on with Adam Anderson and how (Georgia coach) Kirby (Smart) dealt with it. I want to win, but I don’t want to win like that.

Carrie Dalton, Macon, Ga.

Carrie: These are incredibly difficult decisions. You have an allegation of sexual assault, and because of the serious nature of the allegation, it’s hard to not act in the safest way possible: suspend the player until the investigation plays out.

Smart has done this – but he did it after the allegation became public, which was before a critical rivalry game last week against Florida. Anderson played in the game (and played well), but he wasn’t the difference in a blowout. Georgia could’ve easily won the game without him.

This begs the question: If Smart knew about the allegation before the Florida game (and the timeline says he had to have), why play Anderson? And if he knew and played him, why is Anderson now suspended from the team?

15 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I wonder how Bull Gator is handling these developments.

I heard the Bull Gators were furious and demanded changes in several high level meetings today . My source still says Mullen is gone and maybe the AD.  UF is not only a top 5 public university but a top 5 athletic program.  They just dropped $100M on a football only facility.  They’ve run a very disciplined fiscal regimen (for example the recruiting budget is 1/3 of  Bama’s) but money is not a problem.