College Football 2021

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the party, bitches.   Woo Pig Sooie!

I’d like to remind everyone that this is the last calendar month in 2021 in which we will have no college football games. 

Posted Images

Dawg Illuminati have dusted off the old play book and re-instituted Operation Death From Within. Like heroes past and present including Mike Bobo (Tennessee, Auburn, SC) and the legendary Will Muschamp (Florida, SC,Auburn), Georgia has infiltrated the Florida program which has now entrusted the defense to Georgia grad and DGD, Christian Robinson. Go Dawgs

6 hours ago, 2slow said:

Dawg Illuminati have dusted off the old play book and re-instituted Operation Death From Within. Like heroes past and present including Mike Bobo (Tennessee, Auburn, SC) and the legendary Will Muschamp (Florida, SC,Auburn), Georgia has infiltrated the Florida program which has now entrusted the defense to Georgia grad and DGD, Christian Robinson. Go Dawgs

Hopefully he won’t play someone with rape allegations around him.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Happy for EJ.  He put up 7TD’s and nearly 600 yards against a scrappy Stanford team.  Gators drop 70 points in the win!

Gator fans never run and hide.

You do realize you let them put up 52 on you right?...

Happy for EJ.  He put up 7TD’s and nearly 600 yards against a scrappy Stanford team.  Gators drop 70 points in the win!

Gator fans never run and hide.

Samford,  who's best win was over Western Carolina who is 3-6,  not Stanford.. 

and guess which interim DC is not coming back next year..

12 hours ago, Fakenews said:

We were concentrating less on defense because EJ was playing lights out.  The interim DC did make some nice adjustments in the 2nd half.

"I shit you not. We all said in unison FUCK DEFENSE! This is Samford FFS! Not really a Div 1 team. It's not like they'll put 52 on us."

• Like 1
On 11/13/2021 at 9:14 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

fortunately for Mullen and UF,   there's Steve Sarkasian and UT   who said to Mullen,  "hold my beer"

god I wish that Bevo cartoonist was still around.. 

In the interest in brevity, we'll sum up the Texas disaster by recounting how thousands of Orangebloods left Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium at halftime. That will happen when Kansas scores three touchdowns in 85 seconds.

16 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Checks box score and notes they managed to score only 7 points in the second half and we’re out gained.  Some speech.

You need to learn how to read a box score. 
only two people in the country would say “we out-gained them in the second half” in a 27 point loss and think that matters, and they are you and dead man walking Mullen. 

7 minutes ago, hasher said:

Homies, Michigan State University is Cinderella.  Lay your money down.

Michigan State sure has! (Laid their money down that is)Congratulations to Mel Tucker, 95 million 10 years?!!

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

Michigan State sure has! (Laid their money down that is)Congratulations to Mel Tucker, 95 million 10 years?!!

All you need are a few select donors!

6 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Fuckin' Mizzou sticks it to Dan Mullen and the Gaytors...ballsy call!..."Dead Man Walkin'"...

Yeah that should just about seal the deal. I’d like to see what Mullen could do when his team played defense, but the offense hasn’t made any progress this year either. Time for a change. 

Still here. 

17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Good news for MSU is that Mel Tucker’s contract hasn’t been signed.

OSU 56-7 

No surprise.  Ohio state really is that good. Their defense has improved since Oregon. 

I expect them to light up the michigan secondary like a Christmas tree next week. 

20 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

No surprise.  Ohio state really is that good. Their defense has improved since Oregon. 

I expect them to light up the michigan secondary like a Christmas tree next week. 

They’re  going to light up UGA as well.  

when god disses you,  you're done at UF

“You’ve seen the last two weeks a Florida team show up and honestly not play with a lot of heart,” Tebow said, per 247 Sports. “I think it’s probably the most disappointing thing. Some of those losses could’ve gone both ways, especially early on in the season. That’s still a very talented team. I was talking to some of the top coaches in the SEC and they were saying that’s something that a lot of people don’t get. They’re one of the most-talented teams.

“But when they show up and don’t play with heart, don’t show character and don’t play with leadership … they don’t have a good why … you can lose to anybody, like they almost lost to Samford.”

in addition I wonder if UT and UF could swap coaches ?

22 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

when god disses you,  you're done at UF

in addition I wonder if UT and UF could swap coaches ?

Tebow hits the nail on the head. The players aren’t playing for him and they aren’t making any progress. If they don’t want to play they should sit. I’d be fine watching freshmen get whupped if they played hard. Play the hungry guys, not the ones with fresh NIL money in their pockets. 
Dump him. Pay the buyout. Crack open the bank vault for Kiffin or Cristobal and the DC from Houston. 

47 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Dan Quinn to Gators? It’s being whispered.   Why be a DC in the NFL when you can be the head cheese, making millions more at a top 5 program where you used to coach?

Yeah why be a superbowl champion when you can be 2nd in your division..

10 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

going to be an interesting finish for playoffs..  should be

Uga

Cinn

OSU

Bama

sec championship game is going to be very interesting,  if Bama loses  does ND jump all the way up to no4 ?

Probably depends on the score. A close game and Bama drops all the way to #3. Needs to be blown out to be out of the top 4 

11 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Crack open the bank vault for Kiffin or Cristobal and the DC from Houston. 

Uh, let's just leave Houston alone for a year or so. Sheesh. Or we unleash the Cougar Curse again - see poached coaches for examples, and Kingsbury for one that got away.

Trivia - Houston has won 10 in a row. As has SHSU. Who have actually won 20 in a row.  Good chance Sam wins the FCS again, if Cincy pulls off the yuge upset and wins FBS it's Bearkats and Bearcats.  In closing, is it possible for Fl and Tx to play in a Toilet Bowl?   As to coaches I propose going for Les S Moore again. A bunch of people aren't talking to me today.  Now since this needs some music I submit this by Hermans Hermits (get the tiein?

55 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

The Horror. The Horror...

UCLA 62 - USC 33.  On SC's Home Field. The most the Bruins have ever scored on the Trojans, and they do it on SC's turf.  And it looked like the team simply didn't care.    

Gawd, what a miserable year.   

Yep

The defense looked like they just quit in the 2nd half.  This program is toast.  They need a strong head coach to come in as a strong leader.

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Nothing?  OK, howse bout this: A new reality show "Mullen the Sarkisians"  - hardly offensive to anyone.

Out of country, missed college football yesterday. Otherwise….

but still,  HA HA

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pbd said:

Yep

The defense looked like they just quit in the 2nd half.  This program is toast.  They need a strong head coach to come in as a strong leader.

Yup.  But given SC's current administration, zir will have to be a post-operative, differentially-abled, neither white nor Asian, non CIS normative, right (Left) thinking, illegal, person of a Doctorate in Education.  

College football is a fools game. There are like 3 or 4 excellent teams that completely overshadowed the rest of the sport. College coaches being paid multiple millions when tuition costs what it does? I watched Michigan St v Ohio State. After beating Michigan I expected them to give Ohio State at least a competitive game. It was like a scrimmage. It’s lousy entertainment.

18 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Tebow hits the nail on the head. The players aren’t playing for him and they aren’t making any progress. If they don’t want to play they should sit. I’d be fine watching freshmen get whupped if they played hard. Play the hungry guys, not the ones with fresh NIL money in their pockets. 
Dump him. Pay the buyout. Crack open the bank vault for Kiffin or Cristobal and the DC from Houston. 

My conspiracy theory on Kiffin.

When he left Alabama, Satan said to go to a little school (FAU) and pay your penance.   Then you can get back to the SEC.  I've got "X" years left and then 'Bama's yours.

1 hour ago, sunseeker said:

College football is a fools game. There are like 3 or 4 excellent teams that completely overshadowed the rest of the sport. College coaches being paid multiple millions when tuition costs what it does? I watched Michigan St v Ohio State. After beating Michigan I expected them to give Ohio State at least a competitive game. It was like a scrimmage. It’s lousy entertainment.

Those huge coach salaries are almost never paid by the school.  For instance, Mel Tucker’s 95 million is being paid by a couple billionaire boosters. 

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

Those huge coach salaries are almost never paid by the school.  For instance, Mel Tucker’s 95 million is being paid by a couple billionaire boosters. 

So in other words, doesn’t matter who pays him,  he gets to make bank by pimping the players. 

21 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

The players in the championship game ought to go on strike the day before the game unless every member of each team is given $250k. Fuck the NCAA.

That would be a beautiful thing. 

3 hours ago, 2slow said:

All I can say is please don’t hire Dan Lanning, especially before post season!!!!!  That would fuck over Georgia worse than Sherman.

Don’t want any UGA taint. Back up the truck for Lane.  He can bring DJ Durkin with him who’s got a pretty good track record as DC and worked at UF under Meyer and Muschamp.

Lane I think has exorcised his demons (and his ex wife) and is the easy choice for FL.  He has a great offensive mind and is great recruiter.  Everyone else has questions.

kiffin isn't going anywhere, not as long as he has a chance at manning.. 

UF will be just like UT,  huffing and puffing throwing out big wild names who'll never even look UF's way...    and after months of futile rumors  they'll end up with somebody like randy edsall

21 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

UF will be just like UT,  huffing and puffing throwing out big wild names who'll never even look UF's way...    and after months of futile rumors  they'll end up with somebody like randy edsall

LOL.

Clemson is nothing without Sweeney.  Maybe a top 20 program. UF can get who they want but with an elite academic reputation to protect there’s a class of coach they won’t go after (see Hugh Freeze).  

Manning is not going to Ole Miss and Lane already has a elite QB in Corral.  His problem is he can’t get the 5* supporting cast there.

LOL.

Clemson is nothing without Sweeney.  Maybe a top 20 program. UF can get who they want but with an elite academic reputation to protect there’s a class of coach they won’t go after (see Hugh Freeze).  

Manning is not going to Ole Miss and Lane already has a elite QB in Corral.  His problem is he can’t get the 5* supporting cast there.

Correction:

Clemson is nothing without Venables

and to show what a classless person mullen is

Before Dan Mullen and Florida ultimately parted ways, he was given the option to finish the season with the team.

Gators coach Dan Mullen declined offer to coach the team against FSU this week

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

it's already started..

Retired HC Bob Stoops .....  nope
Alabama OC Bill O'Brien.....  nope
Ole Miss HC Lane Kiffin.....  nope
Louisiana HC Billy Napier.....  not if LSU gets him first
Cincinnati HC Luke Fickell.....  nope
Oregon HC Mario Cristobal.....  nope
Penn St HC James Franklin.....  you deserve him
Michigan St HC Mel Tucker.....  nope

9 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

and we'll also get to hear how UrbanMeyer is going to come back and coach

Nobody wants Meyer and Meyer doesn’t want that. It’s just stupid.

Bull Gator Anarchy is not as good as college football anarchy. Maybe sticking with the latter would be better. 

10 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Correction:

Clemson is nothing without Venables

and to show what a classless person mullen is

Wut?
It was the right call he had lost the team.  He considered it and decided he didn’t want to be a distraction.

Not Bob Stoops. Mark Stoops. At least get the big coal to loosen the purse strings and put some of that money into Stoops’ account, if not the economy. 

I’d prefer someone from the Saban tree but if the search goes elsewhere shouldn’t it include Matt Campbell? 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Not Bob Stoops. Mark Stoops. At least get the big coal to loosen the purse strings and put some of that money into Stoops’ account, if not the economy. 

I’d prefer someone from the Saban tree but if the search goes elsewhere shouldn’t it include Matt Campbell? 

No he’s lost five or more games 5 out of six seasons. He won nine games last season but that was a throwaway pandemic year.  He doesn’t even deserve a call.

This tweet might provide a clue as to where they’re looking

23 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Yup.  But given SC's current administration, zir will have to be a post-operative, differentially-abled, neither white nor Asian, non CIS normative, right (Left) thinking, illegal, person of a Doctorate in Education.  

Who drives an electric car and is ok giving over 1/2 their salary over to the tax collector.

Received this letter from the Florida AD.

Gator Fans,

As we embark on our search for the next head football coach of the Gators, we are fortunate to have all of the resources to attract a candidate who can sustain high-level success for a long time.

The University of Florida is a top-five academic institution and a top-five athletic program, in a state that has 21 million people and fertile recruiting ground. We have invested more than $100 million in football facility upgrades and our state-of-the art Heavener Football Training Center is scheduled for completion this Spring. We play in one of the most iconic stadiums in all of college football, and combine that with our passionate fan base, we have the best home field advantage in the nation.

We have alignment at every level of leadership – from Board of Trustees Chairman Mori Hosseini, President Dr. Kent Fuchs, University Athletic Association Board President Chris Corr and Gator Boosters President Lou Oberndorf. That alignment is a key part of our success that has resulted in 251 Southeastern Conference Championships in the history of our program, 100 more than the next closest league institution, and 42 national championships. Our football team has won eight of those SEC titles and three national titles.

There is no timetable for our search, but we are going to move as quickly as possible. We want to take the time we need to get the right coach who has high expectations and big aspirations that match the University of Florida, while casting a vision and getting others to buy into that vision, resulting in sustained success over a long period of time.

I thank you for your support of the Gators, your passion and continued support is one of the many things that make this place so special. I wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving week and look forward to seeing many of you Saturday at the Florida State game.

Go Gators,
Scott Stricklin”