College Football 2021

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

SOS still has an office in the stadium.

Report Card for Fakenews:

1.  You went on and on about all the five star players switching to UF - Reality, your coach was fired for lack of recruiting acumen.

2.  You went on and on about how good Mullen was - Reality, see above. 

3.  You went on and on about how good UF would be, I believe you predicted a two loss season - Reality, they will have either six or seven losses.

4.  Now, all you can do is go on and on about how great UF will do in recruiting a new coach - Reality, TBD.

• Like 1
  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the party, bitches.   Woo Pig Sooie!

I’d like to remind everyone that this is the last calendar month in 2021 in which we will have no college football games. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Report Card for Fakenews:

1.  You went on and on about all the five star players switching to UF - Reality, your coach was fired for lack of recruiting acumen.

2.  You went on and on about how good Mullen was - Reality, see above. 

3.  You went on and on about how good UF would be, I believe you predicted a two loss season - Reality, they will have either six or seven losses.

4.  Now, all you can do is go on and on about how great UF will do in recruiting a new coach - Reality, TBD.

We don’t have a head coach and we just signed a 4* DL and #3 player out of Oklahoma. He had offers from Bama, OU, LSU, OSU and USC(w)   Recruiting is going to be just fine.  We are Florida.  Top five program academically and athletics.  We will get ours.

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-football-recruiting-Chris-McClellan-commits-no-coach-Gators-176100509/

6 hours ago, Fakenews said:

We don’t have a head coach and we just signed a 4* DL and #3 player out of Oklahoma. He had offers from Bama, OU, LSU, OSU and USC(w)   Recruiting is going to be just fine.  We are Florida.  Top five program academically and athletics.  We will get ours.

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-football-recruiting-Chris-McClellan-commits-no-coach-Gators-176100509/

that was an interesting get,  did he play at one of the fla academies?

10 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Reality check;

Georgia, Bama and Clemson between them have more than half the top 15 recruits in Florida. Florida might get the 24th best player in their own state. Sad

15 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Nicest guy in the world, also why nobody has been able to run up the middle against Dawgs.

BF73289E-E0B3-4BC0-A04C-C012557D82B4.jpeg

As much as I’d like to see him clogging up the middle for the Dolphins for years to come, they need O-Line help and running backs. 

He Reminds me of the Jack Palance line. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I'd go with LSU,  win there and the boosters will probably set you up with their daughters..  facilities are probably better too..   

Not to mention the tailgate food...

• Like 2
On 11/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

kiffin isn't going anywhere, not as long as he has a chance at manning.. 

UF will be just like UT,  huffing and puffing throwing out big wild names who'll never even look UF's way...    and after months of futile rumors  they'll end up with somebody like randy edsall

Hugh Freeze off the board with new contract,  Randy has backed out , saying there's more potential at UConn and may go back...    Insider news says Herm Edwards is now on top of the board..

and the following have been added too

Dan Hawkins
Jon Embree
Mike Locksley
Rich Rodriguez
Charlie Weis
Bobby Petrino

just in UF talking to the Bears about trading coaches

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I'd go with LSU,  win there and the boosters will probably set you up with their daughters..  facilities are probably better too..   

UF has better facilities especially with the 100M stand alone facility opening up in June.  A bunch of recruits like to run track and UF has the best (top 3) men’s track program.  We did do away with the welcome girls who used to (I presume) sleep with recruits.  That has no doubt impacted recruiting.

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

we had billy at a time that was too early in his career,  we gave up on him too early because of pressure on sweeny by the alum forcing sweeny to replace him with chad morris

7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

we had billy at a time that was too early in his career,  we gave up on him too early because of pressure on sweeny by the alum forcing sweeny to replace him with chad morris

Ripeness is definitely a thing. Look at Lane Kiffen. A few years back I was cracking wise about him daily. (And that wife!) There was no way that he was ready to be a big time college coach, much less NFL, but the potential was there. He needed to learn more; he just wasn’t ready. Fast forward to present day.  He’s learned from other coaches and has turned Ole Miss into a winner. Ole Miss! You don’t hear me joking about him anymore.  Napier’s path has included many chances to learn from the greats, and it shows in his results. He’s earned his chance. 

Don’t get me started on alumni forcing quick triggers on coaching staff decisions. They put so much pressure on coaches that they wreck them time and time again.  I guess they all can’t have the continuity that GW enjoys, or the undefeated seasons. 

This thread is always a bit more about UF than makes any sense. UF was pretty darned good in the 1990s. Before that, UF was consistently awful. Since then, the school has consistently recruited well, occasionally had a ten win season, but has mostly squandered its recruits on dysfunction. 
      Kids being recruited today have never seen a consistently good UF program and are certainly lured to programs with consistent histories of, especially recent, success. 
      Now UF will have another new, unknown to the kids, coach.  The rebuild could take a long time. The fans who think 22 -32 years ago wasn’t very long ago and should be an expected standard, will make the coach’s life difficult.

The odds are pretty good whoever is the next coach at UF, Texas, USC, or LSU will have $20,000,000 in his pocket and a few years of utter failure tacked onto his résumé. 

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

This thread is always a bit more about UF than makes any sense. UF was pretty darned good in the 1990s. Before that, UF was consistently awful. Since then, the school has consistently recruited well, occasionally had a ten win season, but has mostly squandered its recruits on dysfunction. 
      Kids being recruited today have never seen a consistently good UF program and are certainly lured to programs with consistent histories of, especially recent, success. 
      Now UF will have another new, unknown to the kids, coach.  The rebuild could take a long time. The fans who think 22 -32 years ago wasn’t very long ago and should be an expected standard, will make the coach’s life difficult.

The odds are pretty good whoever is the next coach at UF, Texas, USC, or LSU will have $20,000,000 in his pocket and a few years of utter failure tacked onto his résumé. 

PSU just fattened the pocket of Franklin so you have that for a few more years..

in an industry where there are no repercussions from sniping a coach, money will always talk, and thus drive up the price of goods..

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

PSU just fattened the pocket of Franklin so you have that for a few more years..

in an industry where there are no repercussions from sniping a coach, money will always talk, and thus drive up the price of goods..

In his if week media chat Franklin made a big deal of “My kids will be able to attend the same schools from kindergarten all the way through high school and in this profession that is  very special and rare.”

I think the PSU brass understand whatever is lacking about Franklin is not the biggest factor between wherever they are and National championships. Competition in recruiting l and holding on to a great supporting staff is intense. 

I think PSU is in a reasonably good position to sneak to the very top at some point. 
On the other hand, it seems everybody else is continuing to lose ground to Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Georgia. 

4 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

In his if week media chat Franklin made a big deal of “My kids will be able to attend the same schools from kindergarten all the way through high school and in this profession that is  very special and rare.”

I think the PSU brass understand whatever is lacking about Franklin is not the biggest factor between wherever they are and National championships. Competition in recruiting l and holding on to a great supporting staff is intense. 

I think PSU is in a reasonably good position to sneak to the very top at some point. 
On the other hand, it seems everybody else is continuing to lose ground to Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Georgia. 

a pic from way back, those are his kids..   one of his sons is a graduating senior on the team..

Swinney-at-Williams-Brice-Stadium-e16378

5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

a pic from way back, those are his kids..   one of his sons is a graduating senior on the team..

Swinney-at-Williams-Brice-Stadium-e16378

Franklin was joking about his daughter probably going to Clemson with uncle dabby.. apparently the two dads are good friends 

9 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Franklin was joking about his daughter probably going to Clemson with uncle dabby.. apparently the two dads are good friends 

Herbstreit  had two sons walk on at Clemson...  he really wanted them to go to OSU but was quite happy to have Dabo look after them.

If I were any sort of an actual leftie . . 

I would be rooting for Michigan right now. 

(FYI, lefties are expected to root for the underdog). 

But I just can't bring myself to do that. 

Good game !!

2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

If I were any sort of an actual leftie . . 

I would be rooting for Michigan right now. 

(FYI, lefties are expected to root for the underdog). 

But I just can't bring myself to do that. 

Good game !!

Finally, Jim Harbaugh can sleep for a week.

That was the best game that UofM played in 20 years.  They got some help from the refs which was disappointing, but Danm did they show up to play.  I just hope that wasn't all they have..... 

They had some obvious problems.  I've never seen a team struggle that much to get their D aligned before the hike. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

That was the best game that UofM played in 20 years.  They got some help from the refs which was disappointing, but Danm did they show up to play.  I just hope that wasn't all they have..... 

They had some obvious problems.  I've never seen a team struggle that much to get their D aligned before the hike. 

I might have said 50 from Woody ripping up yard markers.

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I might have said 50 from Woody ripping up yard markers.

Woody was not what one might call a good sport . . 

and not Corinthian in the slightest (never could figure out why that label now has positive connotations - the ancient Corinthians were notorious double dealers) 

he should have been booted out much earlier. 

56 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Poor Noles. Greatest onside kick in history. Only nine yards and two feet short. 

Anybody need a kicker? 
Nah. We're good. 
I brought Dr. Pepper. 
Welcome to State!

FSU repertoire of kicks.  

1) Wide right

2) Wide left

3) Whiff…..

11 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

1. Georgia

2. Cinci

3. Michigan

4. Note Dame

If there is *any* justice in the rankings. 

ND should be forbidden from ever participating in the playoff. Their opponent may as well have a free pass to the championship game. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Crazy.  I love them but this year only happened because their star receiver got hurt.  Dig Bo up, 300 on the ground 100 in the air.

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

ND should be forbidden from ever participating in the playoff. Their opponent may as well have a free pass to the championship game. 

Huge fan. but we're overrated.  With a running game and a stiff defense, who knows.

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Crazy.  I love them but this year only happened because their star receiver got hurt.  Dig Bo up, 300 on the ground 100 in the air.

Sorry, Bo's goal each week was 300 rushing yds and 100 passing.  Times have changed.

2 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Well the Michigan fans need to calm down about the National playoff until after the Big Ten playoff. Iowa isn’t going to just roll over.  

So, you went to state?  A great school as well, why the angst?

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Here's another reason: I'm not one to hold a grudge but about 50 years ago Parseghian went for a tie rather than try to score and win. That's just not the American Way.

29 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

funniest thing all day yesterday is FSU and their kicker...   wide right, wide left, whiff..

I swear the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that was the Dr. Pepper commercial. “Welcome to State!”

funniest play of the year. Charlie Brown and an invisible Lucy. That poor kid. 

35 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Gators get their man as LSU and USC completely whiff on coach search.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-hire-napier-as-head-coach/

Tip of the hat to coach Napier who turned down multiple P5 jobs including Auburn last year to land his dream job (reportedly Bama or Florida).

A good start. Now poach the DC from Houston (sorry D). 

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

A good start. Now poach the DC from Houston (sorry D). 

Apparently that’s one thing that Florida really liked about his interview.  He’s already got a well thought out list of potential assistants.  I’m sure the Cougar DC is on that list.

1 hour ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Wuuuuu….  Looks to be some good news finally!

I'll believe it when it is officially announced. 

But my Magic 8 Ball says "Highly Likely" 

Now, who's going to run the hapless defense????

Lane Kiffin will go to LSU. Easily the best hire. Billy Napier might do fine but it would have absolutely sucked if Lane went to Florida (speaking as Dawg fan). 
and FU will have to play Lane with first rate talent every year 

Billy needs to buy a house next to IMG and pretty much live there

14 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Lane Kiffin will go to LSU. Easily the best hire. Billy Napier might do fine but it would have absolutely sucked if Lane went to Florida (speaking as Dawg fan). 

I heard Ole Miss just secured $300M (not sure how) to renovate their stadium and add a $100M stand alone facility.  At a high pressure program he might figure he’d be out in 4 years.  At Ole Miss he can probably get $7M a year, go 9-3 or 10-2 and the fan base is happy.  Doubt he leaves.

19 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Napier is a way better recruiter than Lane.

2 hours ago, 2slow said:

doubt that will happen...   he's waiting for bigger game, he wants to be the next bama coach..

UF  good hire with Billy,  it might take a year to sort things out , but the players will never quit on him and he'll never quit on the players..  

Congrats on UF beating FSU..    anytime FSU loses , it's a good thing..

but I have to know  just how the fuck did UF lose by 23 to  USuC?   just how? 

USuCfinally got past clemson's 40 yard line on the last play of the game !

now projecting Clemson to Play TA&M...  i'm so sick of playing them..  I hate dumbo fisher..   I'd rather play  UK  just for something different..

4 hours ago, 2slow said:

Georgia is going to kick the shit out of Bama on Saturday. Dawgs only favored by 6.5 is massive respect for Saban.

Going to be at least a 20 point win. Did y’all see Bama’s line?  They are fucked. 

beware bama when they're the underdogs...   they can be beat when they're overconfident ,

besides the fix is in,  it behooves the SEC that bama win , that way two SEC teams will probably make the playoffs,  If UGaH wins, then bama is probably out as a two loss team.. and opening the door for possibly ND or OSU

25 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

beware bama when they're the underdogs...   they can be beat when they're overconfident ,

besides the fix is in,  it behooves the SEC that bama win , that way two SEC teams will probably make the playoffs,  If UGaH wins, then bama is probably out as a two loss team.. and opening the door for possibly ND or OSU

This is not that Bama. Common opponents;

bama 149-134

Georgia 148-36