College Football 2021

1 hour ago, ropetrick said:

It is always recruiting season. Get started NOW.

early signing day is Dec 15th,  they have 2 weeks to start making calls and with hopes to put a class together..   before that they had the luxury of doing the bowl games with signing period in Feb.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the party, bitches.   Woo Pig Sooie!

I’d like to remind everyone that this is the last calendar month in 2021 in which we will have no college football games. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rum Runner said:

Hey when big money calls the coaches answer.  The rumor is the Kelly is getting a package over $100 million to move to Baton Rouge. He will be the highest paid state employee by a long way. Name an NFL coach not named Bellicheck that gets that much money?

he's going to get paid almost as much money (base salary) as Saban, until he got fired Orgeron was second highest paid, then Sweeney ..

what a moron...  guess what's going to be put up on posters all over OSU's locker room.  You win one game in 11 years, you need to STFU

Michigan offensive coordinator Josh Gattis revealed that the plan was always to try and be more physical than Ohio State in this year’s meeting. But that wasn’t all he had to say.

Gattis explained that he didn’t think Ohio State is a “tough team” this year, so he knew his Wolverines had that advantage heading into The Game.

“They’re a good team. They’re a finesse team, they’re not a tough team,” Gattis said of Ohio State,

hardball not such a bad guy after all..

On Monday, Harbaugh and his wife, Sarah, announced that they’re giving whatever incentive bonus money earned this season back to the athletic department. That money will then be distributed to those in the department who had to take a pay cut last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

what a moron...  guess what's going to be put up on posters all over OSU's locker room.  You win one game in 11 years, you need to STFU

Eh, he's right though.... 

Brian Kelly flys to Baton Rouge in a private jet and signs a 10 year, $95 million, plus incentives, contract.  It’s good to be the king.

3 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Brian Kelly flys to Baton Rouge in a private jet and signs a 10 year, $95 million, plus incentives, contract.  It’s good to be the king.

And in the state of Louisiana the highest paid government employee was the president of the state school board who was receiving a paltry $492k per year

10 hours ago, hobot said:

And in the state of Louisiana the highest paid government employee was the president of the state school board who was receiving a paltry $492k per year

Not just Louisiana

https://worldscholarshipforum.com/wealth/highest-paid-state-employees-in-the-usa/

If you want a bit more info

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/09/23/these-are-the-highest-paid-public-employees-in-every-state/114091534/

45 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Where are the basketball coaches? Looks like they make a lot less.  

36 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Where are the basketball coaches? Looks like they make a lot less.  

Probably a correlation between salary and sport dominance. States where BB coaches are the highest paid typically have mediocre football teams

On 11/30/2021 at 12:07 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

early signing day is Dec 15th,  they have 2 weeks to start making calls and with hopes to put a class together..   before that they had the luxury of doing the bowl games with signing period in Feb.

lou holtz is one the biggest piece of shits  in college football and a fucking hypocrite

Holtz took some shots at the newly-hired LSU head coach.

the 84-year-old retired coach was clearly upset by how Kelly left things in South Bend.

“He was there for 12 years. He did an excellent job,” Holtz said during an appearance on The Crowd’s Line. “But I cannot think of one marquee win he’s had over a top-10 team…

“He’s an excellent coach, you just don’t leave Notre Dame.”

Lou Holtz left Notre Dame after the 1996 season and walked away from a lifetime contract for undisclosed reasons.

• Like 1
On 11/28/2021 at 10:57 AM, Blue Crab said:

Here's another reason: I'm not one to hold a grudge but about 50 years ago Parseghian went for a tie rather than try to score and win. That's just not the American Way.

one of the best posts ever ! Bama should have had that title

Tom Herman's name has been floating around in the coaching carousel  - he's an analyst or something for the Detroit Lions and it was pointed out he could get a high stress job or stay where he is and collect $13+ million for the next 2 years.  hmmm, thanks Texas.  

Florida knew  Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly were available but had their first choice in Napier locked in.  Granted Lincoln wouldn’t have come because he’s scared of the SEC but at least we didn’t consider Brian“douche canoe” Kelly.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-knew-lincoln-riley-brian-kelly-were-available-prior-to-billy-napier-hiring-per-report/

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Florida knew  Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly were available but had their first choice in Napier locked in.  Granted Lincoln wouldn’t have come because he’s scared of the SEC but at least we didn’t consider Brian“douche canoe” Kelly.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-knew-lincoln-riley-brian-kelly-were-available-prior-to-billy-napier-hiring-per-report/

The next few years may be rough for you guys.

• Like 1

Say what you will about Jim Harbaugh, but his heart is in the right place.  Beating Ohio State triggered a 500K bonus.  He knows his salary is obscene, and plans to use this and any other bonuses to compensate Athletic Department employees who took a pay cut during the Pandemic.

Pretty cool I say.

After Kelly resigned didn’t ND’s AD get quoted saying that they were in no rush to replace Kelly, would take their time, do their due diligence, etc. And less than a week later they announce that the new coach is the DC, an insider who has been at ND one year.  Some due diligence.

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

After Kelly resigned didn’t ND’s AD get quoted saying that they were in no rush to replace Kelly, would take their time, do their due diligence, etc. And less than a week later they announce that the new coach is the DC, an insider who has been at ND one year.  Some due diligence.

It was a good hire, right guy was already in the house

LSU will regret that 10 year contact after 2.5 yrs

go DAWGS!!!!

12 minutes ago, 2slow said:

It was a good hire, right guy was already in the house

LSU will regret that 10 year contact after 2.5 yrs

go DAWGS!!!!

Right guy at ND? TBD

As for Kelly, nice deal but his buyout and incentives aren’t too shabby.

https://footballscoop.com/news/full-details-of-brian-kellys-contract-at-lsu-including-the-buyout-section-that-has-some-rather-interesting-phrasing

8 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

And when the Championship committee said they would take into consideration if a school didn’t have a coach. And with ND on the List to sneak in, ND found That they had the right guy in house. 

15 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Howe the fucke ist AL leadeng GA 31 to 17?

Well Bryce Young (give him the Heisman) has 400 yards passing and scored on 5 of the last 6 possessions. So……

Edit to add pick six by Bennett.  Bulldog tears are the best:D

Just now, Fakenews said:

Well Bryce Young (give him the Heisman) has 400 yards passing and scored on 5 of the last 6 possessions. So……

PIX 6 nailles the robberey...............   :)

Notte what I exspectted, Rolle Tide!

I acceptte thisse losse.......           :)

On 11/29/2021 at 2:51 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

beware bama when they're the underdogs...   they can be beat when they're overconfident ,

besides the fix is in,  it behooves the SEC that bama win , that way two SEC teams will probably make the playoffs,  If UGaH wins, then bama is probably out as a two loss team.. and opening the door for possibly ND or OSU

uh huh... 

nothing sweeter than seeing UGah fans in the stands when they're getting their asses kicked

except  USuC fans...

so the fix is in,  

1 Bama

2. Mich

3 UGah

4. Cincy

2 & 4 can be switched around depending on the match ups the CPF committee wants..

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

OK.  So now michigan needs to beat Iowa. 

They are well on their way to doing that. 14-3, end of first qtr.

13 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

uh huh... 

nothing sweeter than seeing UGah fans in the stands when they're getting their asses kicked

except  USuC fans...

so the fix is in,  

1 Bama

2. Mich

3 UGah

4. Cincy

2 & 4 can be switched around depending on the match ups the CPF committee wants..

After today, I’ve got GA #4 unless, as you point out, the committee does not want a rematch of the SEC game.  The relative positions of MI and Cinn depends on how big a margin of victory MI has

Just now, jerseyguy said:

After today, I’ve got GA #4 unless, as you point out, the committee does not want a rematch of the SEC game.  The relative positions of MI and Cinn depends on how big a margin of victory MI has

They have every reason to want one of the SEC teams out.  I sincerely believe michigan 2 and cinci 3 and Michigan will clean out cinncinati, and a big 10 / SEC final brings in the ratings. 

Hmm mm.  Michigan starting to look shaky.  Can't live on big plays and the run game isn't there. 

Michigan is continuing to go backwards. 

They better prove they have a passing game soon. 

Those Cincy guys better run REALLY fast and be tricky as hell. 
i don’t know the real weights but it sure looks like the Cincy players are only about two thirds as wide as the players on the other three finalist teams. 

9 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Hmm mm.  Michigan starting to look shaky.  Can't live on big plays and the run game isn't there. 

Michigan is continuing to go backwards. 

They better prove they have a passing game soon. 

I am starting to believe and Michigan is on a roll.  If nothing else, recruiting should step up a notch.  Damn, I never expected the D to keep Iowa out of the end zone.  A year ago, I thought Harbaugh was lucky to keep his job, today, he could name a new price/duration.

sigh, my team (not actually mine but I spent a lot of time at that school) lost. 

Question for the class: why wouldn't conference championship games be played at a neutral site? Those Cincy fans were in it.   In closing if anyone remembers my prediction about Bearcats and Bearkats? Both still undefeated.  Somebody in Vegas probably has odds on that one.

I hate to go full pragmatic here but bearcat in mind that AL, GA, and MI are #1,2, and 4 in strength of schedule. Cin is #48. Why they're in the conversation is beyond me. 

The BCS should be the top 4 considering strength of schedule. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

8 hours ago, d'ranger said:

sigh, my team (not actually mine but I spent a lot of time at that school) lost. 

Question for the class: why wouldn't conference championship games be played at a neutral site? Those Cincy fans were in it.   In closing if anyone remembers my prediction about Bearcats and Bearkats? Both still undefeated.  Somebody in Vegas probably has odds on that one.

Big 10 champ is played neutral site. 

On 11/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, 2slow said:

Georgia is going to kick the shit out of Bama on Saturday. Dawgs only favored by 6.5 is massive respect for Saban.

Going to be at least a 20 point win. Did y’all see Bama’s line?  They are fucked. 

any more predictions ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

South Carolina vs UNC in the Dukes Mayo bowl is the most perfect trifecta ever. Two Carolina teams slugging it out over a bottle of Dukes? What the Hell man! 

and USuC is favored,   Hell Manns   two nn's   which brings up an odd bit of trivia

Most people don’t know that back in 1912, Hellmann’s mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York...

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

in other news,   it's reported that Manny Diaz is out at UM...  wonder if Dabo will pick him up for DC for a couple of seasons..

holy fuck, this didn't take long

According to Matt Zenitz of On3, Cristobal just held a meeting with his Oregon players to inform them that he’s going to Miami. The move comes just minutes after the Hurricanes officially fired Manny Diaz from the same role.

2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Leave it to the Canes to make Manny Diaz sympathetic to me. How low class can a school get? 

That said...is Manny going to take the clown chain with him? 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That said...is Manny going to take the clown chain with him? 

Dabo would be smart to pick him up, he might not want to be a coordinator , but for a couple of years and Clemson pays well...    and clown chain won't come to clemson if he does..  Dabo's not into that..

On 12/5/2021 at 11:02 AM, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Cal 24, USC 14

The 2021 Season has thankfully, finally, mercifully, ground to a juddering halt.  

Let the Lincoln Riley era rise from the ashes of the last decade.   

Amen 

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Dabo would be smart to pick him up, he might not want to be a coordinator , but for a couple of years and Clemson pays well...    and clown chain won't come to clemson if he does..  Dabo's not into that..

Napier is hiring just up the road in Hogtown.

7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I read that they’re paying $8M to Diaz and $9M for Cristobal’s buyout.  Add to that $7M for his salary, the buyouts of all the existing assistants plus the new salaries and your looking at north of $30M.  They’ll be lucky to win the ACC someday for all that.

13 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I read that they’re paying $8M to Diaz and $9M for Cristobal’s buyout.  Add to that $7M for his salary, the buyouts of all the existing assistants plus the new salaries and your looking at north of $30M.  They’ll be lucky to win the ACC someday for all that.

I heard the ACC gave Dabo 25mil to throw the season so they could have someone else win the championship..

Per Geoff Ketchum, Texas is offering Ewers first-round draft pick-level NIL money if he chooses to enroll.

and people wonder why the top rated players end up at same teams over and over ..

you get some dipshit alum to promise $500k to come promote their business if you play for us..  

the game is doomed..

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

and people wonder why the top rated players end up at same teams over and over ..

you get some dipshit alum to promise $500k to come promote their business if you play for us..  

the game is doomed..

Not sure if its doomed but certainly changed.

How long before a league leading "student athlete" at a Bowl Division team enters the transfer portal because Phil Knight has promised to pay them an extra $1MM that the Cincy folks can't match?

I'm a Bama fan, late in life convert b/c my wife is from Mobile.

But I think Bama loses to Georgia in the finals...if they get there. It's been a good ride but this team isn't the same level as last year's. 

On 12/5/2021 at 11:23 AM, Blue Crab said:

I hate to go full pragmatic here but bearcat in mind that AL, GA, and MI are #1,2, and 4 in strength of schedule. Cin is #48. Why they're in the conversation is beyond me. 

The BCS should be the top 4 considering strength of schedule. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

UC is the only undefeated FBS team.  I'm glad that actually winning the games still counts for something.  Good grief, there was significant talk of jumping ND over UC in a week where ND didn't even play, if UC didn't beat Houston bad enough, on the logic that ND had a higher SOS.  THEY PLAYED HEAD TO HEAD AT NOTRE DAME AND THE OUTCOME WAS DECISIVE!  I get that SOS should be a big factor, but no way does it outrank head to head.  And you can't lose 2 or more games and whine about an undefeated team being ranked ahead of you.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, On The Hard said:

I'm a Bama fan, late in life convert b/c my wife is from Mobile.

But I think Bama loses to Georgia in the finals...if they get there. It's been a good ride but this team isn't the same level as last year's. 

Wut? They blasted the hell out of UGA.  Davis was gassed and a non factor vs. a backup Bama Center.  He’ll need to lose 30# between now and January.  Elsewhere, Smart is a QB killer.  Look for 5* Daniels to continue riding the bench.

I get that they lost Metchie but Michigan looks like the biggest threat to Bama.

7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

and this is why UF isn't winning,  not enough money to go around for the recruits..

Supposedly, Napier got a commitment to increase the recruiting budget to match UGA/Bama.  I saw some crazy #’s  that UGA spends on the order of $3.5M while Florida was at 1.5M.  Those aren’t the precise #’s but directionally correct.

15 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Supposedly, Napier got a commitment to increase the recruiting budget to match UGA/Bama.  I saw some crazy #’s  that UGA spends on the order of $3.5M while Florida was at 1.5M.  Those aren’t the precise #’s but directionally correct.

that's why UGah gets higher rated recruits  their payola is much higher..

11 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Gators got the DB coach from LSU.  He’s ’widely regarded as the best DB coach in D1 and he’s personall recruited 8 5*  DB’s to LSU over the last couple of years.

what's going to happen is all those cajun boys thinking their heading to florida for gators and when they get there , will be disappointed it ain't food

On 12/7/2021 at 2:45 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

the game is doomed..

Whats changed is the transparency. Had a friend play college basketball in the 70s I asked him how he made his choice of where to play. He said I went to the school who paid me the most. 

5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

what's going to happen is all those cajun boys thinking their heading to florida for gators and when they get there , will be disappointed it ain't food

Joe’s Deli, Home of the Famous Gator Tail.