Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Trump did not call the virus a hoax. That is a fact not semantics.

If his followers were intelligent people it's fine to use semantics  , but most of them aren't,  look at how many drank bleach not to get sick when he told them and some died,

or follow me to the capital building , as he get in his limo and drives to the WH, So as any great cult leader , do as I say not as I do!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it happens, and that is still a very big if, then I think it would affect not just the GOP but the Dem party as well. We might end up with three fairly evenly sized parties averaged out nationally.

The Canine Cunt is not stupid so much as nasty and without a moral compass. He's the Ted Cruz of PA.

Operation Warp Speed didn't produce shit. Pfizer and Moderna produced vaccines and Shitstain's govmint ordered them, COD. We regret the confusion. In addition, Pfizer offered more vaccines but

Posted Images

I'm sure Dog and the local Reich will be full of outrage that dedicated public servants such as this are being purged . .(Slate) 

(Just cannot wait for the CFPB to start doing its job again . .) 

Biden sacked Kathleen Kraninger, who was confirmed as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in 2018. Kraninger, who had no previous experience in consumer protection, immediately tried to undermine the agency’s role as a watchdog for the financial sector. She scrapped a landmark rule that restricted predatory payday lending, pressuring staff to downplay the resulting harm to consumers. And she refused to enforce a federal law that protected military personnel against a broad range of predatory lending. Her decision yanked federal support from military families who were defrauded by lenders. In the midst of the pandemic, Kraninger also approved a rule that allows debt collectors to harass Americans with limitless texts and emails demanding repayment.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dog said:

I do refuse to acknowledge that Trump intentionally slow walked the response. Hell his Operation Warp Speed produced a vaccine in 9 months. And you can' cite the months if inaction you claim occurred.

About my purported admission to an aversion to reading. You know you made that up right? This is the second time I've had to remind you that you fabricated it.

Read this - 

‘Blinking Red’: A Running Timeline of How the Trump Administration Ignored Warnings, Misled the Public, and Made the Coronavirus Crisis Worse

Link to post
Share on other sites

Operation Warp Speed didn't produce shit. Pfizer and Moderna produced vaccines and Shitstain's govmint ordered them, COD. We regret the confusion.

In addition, Pfizer offered more vaccines but Dog’s boy Shitstain turned them down, multiple times. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dog said:

I do refuse to acknowledge that Trump intentionally slow walked the response. Hell his Operation Warp Speed produced a vaccine in 9 months. And you can't cite the months if inaction you claim occurred.

About my purported admission to an aversion to reading. You know you made that up right? This is the second time I've had to remind you that you fabricated it.

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/biden-covid-vaccination-trump/index.html?sr=twCNN012121biden-covid-vaccination-trump0749AMVODtop

 

Nothing??  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dog said:

Does it list the months of inaction?

donnie purposely and specifically reigned in proper pandemic response for ONE sole reason; the economy (along with the corresponding concerns about reelection prospects). no more, no less.

it's like 'the wall', an approach with no imagination, no subtlety, just more right-wing style barbarism and politics. 

fuck your bullshitting, fuck your party.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dog said:

It's a Timeline.  It lists the inaction of President Trump.  I know you are looking for the word "inaction" attached to a list.  That is how you roll.

The many failures of the President to actually take action would be, by definition, inaction.

Am I correct that you didn't read it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So by reading the first entry we can blame the shortages on Obama. 

And no mention of Pelosi, Cuomo, DeBlasio encouraging folks to go out and mingle in Feb and March?

How about China and the WHO for covering it all up in the beginning.  Not transmittable human to human they said. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gone Drinking said:

So by reading the first entry we can blame the shortages on Obama. 

And no mention of Pelosi, Cuomo, DeBlasio encouraging folks to go out and mingle in Feb and March?

How about China and the WHO for covering it all up in the beginning.  Not transmittable human to human they said. 

They left a detailed plan for just an event.  An actual playbook.  The Trump Administration disregarded the advice and suggestions.

But, we need to blame Obama.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

They left a detailed plan for just an event.  An actual playbook.  The Trump Administration disregarded the advice and suggestions.

But, we need to blame Obama.

But shortages of ventilators, anti-viral drugs and other medical essentials are not a problem because they left a playbook. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

They left a detailed plan for just an event.  An actual playbook.  The Trump Administration disregarded the advice and suggestions.

But, we need to blame Obama.

The Shitstain Administration disbanded the pandemic response team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

But shortages of ventilators, anti-viral drugs and other medical essentials are not a problem because they left a playbook. 

They called attention to the shortages. 

President Trump claimed a shortage of ventilators - False.

President Trump claimed the Strategic National Stockpile "cupboard was bare" - Mostly False. 

A large part of the reason there was a shortage was the GOP who controlled Congress at the time refused to provide needed funding.

But, you go on being you and blaming the evil Democrats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, frenchie said:

Maybe we should offer to move the Capitol (we'll need a new, bigger one, anyways, amirite?) to the geographic center of the country:  Butte County, SD.  It already has a federal monument & everything.

I suppose it would move significantly North West if there’s a way to include Alaska.

68813ECA-832E-4BE8-BB43-B6F97993F394.jpeg

Edited by Sean
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

I don't have to, I watched the entire thing. It can be argued that they could have prioritized things better but there were no months of inaction.

Do you understand that I never admitted to an aversion to reading, that you made it up?

Have you actually read the actual Mueller report, yet? Been what two and half years now? Even a slow reader could have gotten past the first couple of pages of A.G.Barr's 2nd-grade-level "summary" by now.

Oh and when you have time, how about that SAFE Act? Because you know, election security

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

But shortages of ventilators, anti-viral drugs and other medical essentials are not a problem because they left a playbook. 

So, the fault of a Republican Congress that refused to buy the stuff is actually blamed on Obama?

And somehow, throwing out the playbook and firing the scientists is his fault too?

Damn he was in charge of a lot more than I thought

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaggy said:
1 hour ago, Dog said:

I do refuse to acknowledge that Trump intentionally slow walked the response. Hell his Operation Warp Speed produced a vaccine in 9 months. And you can't cite the months if inaction you claim occurred.

About my purported admission to an aversion to reading. You know you made that up right? This is the second time I've had to remind you that you fabricated it.

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say

The Mutt is so fucking stupid and ignorant that he actually believes the vaccine was developed in the States by Trump.

Trump couldn't even competently BUY the vaccine from Europe after those Mooslim scientists developed it there.

How does a person get as stupid as The Mutt? It must take serious effort, no-one is born that dim.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

It's a Timeline.  It lists the inaction of President Trump.  I know you are looking for the word "inaction" attached to a list.  That is how you roll.

The many failures of the President to actually take action would be, by definition, inaction.

Am I correct that you didn't read it?

I read enough of it to know it doesn't support your claim.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The Mutt is so fucking stupid and ignorant that he actually believes the vaccine was developed in the States by Trump.

Trump couldn't even competently BUY the vaccine from Europe after those Mooslim scientists developed it there.

How does a person get as stupid as The Mutt? It must take serious effort, no-one is born that dim.

There are two vaccines in use and a third very close. Operation Warp Speed is not just about expediting development but also fast tracking trials and approvals. A process that up until now has taken years. It has resulted in approved vaccines in use in 9 months something many experts said could not be done.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

good to see the Patriot party is alive and well;

wanted to be part of the Patriot Party, join supporters of Trump, y’know?” Mark Leggiero told NBC News. “I find myself kind of by myself out here.”

 

Trump supporter Mark Leggiero, of Florida, N.Y., holds a banner outside the New York state Capitol objecting to the inaugurat

AP PHOTO/HANS PENNINK

Trump supporter Mark Leggiero, of Florida, N.Y., holds a banner outside the New York state Capitol objecting to the inauguration of President Joe Biden on Wednesday.

hi dog!  tie up those boots, you might trip...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

The Mutt is so fucking stupid and ignorant that he actually believes the vaccine was developed in the States by Trump.

Trump couldn't even competently BUY the vaccine from Europe after those Mooslim scientists developed it there.

How does a person get as stupid as The Mutt? It must take serious effort, no-one is born that dim.

The Canine Cunt is not stupid so much as nasty and without a moral compass. He's the Ted Cruz of PA.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dog said:

 It can be argued that they could have prioritized things better but there were no months of inaction.

 

When Dog gets into the passive voice you know he knows he has a very weak argument. He has been using passive a lot in recent months. 'It can be argued' does this mean Dog would so argue, Joe Biden would, or anyone on PA with a semi-functioning brain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dog said:

Does it list the months of inaction?

It was all inaction. Your emperor whose dick you can't stop sucking never did any fucking thing to stop the virus. He still doesn't even wear a goddamn mask. Warp Speed? What a fucking wank. Where is my inoculation? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

When Dog gets into the passive voice you know he knows he has a very weak argument. He has been using passive a lot in recent months. 'It can be argued' does this mean Dog would so argue, Joe Biden would, or anyone on PA with a semi-functioning brain.

Weasel words.  The worst person to ever do business with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:

There are two vaccines in use and a third very close. Operation Warp Speed is not just about expediting development but also fast tracking trials and approvals. A process that up until now has taken years. It has resulted in approved vaccines in use in 9 months something many experts said could not be done.

What competent government wouldn't do the same thing? You act like this is some master stroke by your boy. The problem is that Shitstain had no plan to distribute the vaccine. What fucking good is it if it is sitting in a fucking freezer you jackoff?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Vaccine reserve was exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/

Not only that - they had no plan.

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say

"There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," one source said.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dog said:

There are two vaccines in use and a third very close. Operation Warp Speed is not just about expediting development but also fast tracking trials and approvals. A process that up until now has taken years. It has resulted in approved vaccines in use in 9 months something many experts said could not be done.

Operation Warp Speed simply threw money at drug manufacturers.  Pfizer, I understand, refused it on moral grounds, because they didn't want to be indebted to the US government when their vaccine became available.  Given who was running the USA at the time, that was a wise choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dog said:

I do refuse to acknowledge that Trump intentionally slow walked the response. Hell his Operation Warp Speed produced a vaccine in 9 months. And you can't cite the months if inaction you claim occurred.

About my purported admission to an aversion to reading. You know you made that up right? This is the second time I've had to remind you that you fabricated it.

You disingenuous lying cunt. I am embarrassed you were spawned in my country, you are a despicable man. Fucking liar. Change your name again, I like dogs, and you are ruining that. Asshole.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 8:20 PM, Polytelum Tom said:

Nah we lit up the Cowmaran for the local lighted boat Christmas parade a few years back. I was manning the conch horn. Good fun.

 

I was gratified to see that the parade organizers recognized the fact that a Cowmaran is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Cowmaran42.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Not only that - they had no plan.

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say

"There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," one source said.

CNN ripped as Biden 'PR shop' after 'scoop' that he inherited no vaccine distribution plan from Trump | Fox News

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Operation Warp Speed simply threw money at drug manufacturers.  Pfizer, I understand, refused it on moral grounds, because they didn't want to be indebted to the US government when their vaccine became available.  Given who was running the USA at the time, that was a wise choice.

No true... Operation Warp Speed cleared away red tape that slowed vaccine development, trials and approvals. The process that previously took years was completed on 9 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Aw.  Fox News coming to the defense of the defeated former President.  Who didn't see that coming?

Fox backed off defending the defeated former President as he got more and more dangerous and unhinged.

I predict they have shifted back to their previous stance of "everything the Democratic President does is wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Aw.  Fox News coming to the defense of the defeated former President.  Who didn't see that coming?

Fox backed off defending the defeated former President as he got more and more dangerous and unhinged.

I predict they have shifted back to their previous stance of "everything the Democratic President does is wrong.

Don't like that one, try this.

Fauci Refutes Biden Admin Claim that Trump Left ‘No Plan’ for Vaccine Distribution (yahoo.com)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Using Fox to contradict CNN is pretty specious, HOWEVER, we all know there was a plan.  It was piss poor and full of holes, and largely came down to "the states have to figure it out themselves, mostly".  CNN is no longer a news source I pay attention to.  Much like Fox.

Dog actually has the right of it in this case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dog said:

No true... Operation Warp Speed cleared away red tape that slowed vaccine development, trials and approvals. The process that previously took years was completed on 9 months.

Huh, I actually find myself on Dog's side on this one as well.  Warp Speed DID get the vaccine through faster than the vaccine would have been approved otherwise.

The Democrats on this website need to be very careful.  They are becoming the flip side of many republicans - cheerleaders ignoring the truth and believing only what they want to hear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dog said:

No true... Operation Warp Speed cleared away red tape that slowed vaccine development, trials and approvals. The process that previously took years was completed on 9 months.

Oh is it completed dog?  Where's my fucking shot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dog said:
16 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Oh is it completed dog?  Where's my fucking shot?

Ask Joe Biden.

I see you are well down the path of pretending the last guy was never President.

You will have company, as all the other folks who supported and defended him will develop the same amnesia and commence placing all blame at the feet of the guy who won.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dog said:

Ask Joe Biden.

That's a real knee slapper.  Tell us Dog, how much of HWSNBN's bullshit was undone yesterday?

A lot of people called this 2 years ago.  I was one of them.  I pointed out how an asshole righty (as opposed to the many rational right wingers) like you would quickly move over into 'why hasn't Biden fixed it yet'.

Whataboutism.  A tool for weak minded dogs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Huh, I actually find myself on Dog's side on this one as well.  Warp Speed DID get the vaccine through faster than the vaccine would have been approved otherwise.

The Democrats on this website need to be very careful.  They are becoming the flip side of many republicans - cheerleaders ignoring the truth and believing only what they want to hear.

What they did was reduce the capital risk for the companies developing the vaccine. Drug development is VERY expensive, partly because scientists diddle around with a little of everything and don't know if they can solve a problem until they solve it. So you need a big science establishment including a pipeline for educating new scientists.

Warpspeed basically said "What's you estimate of sunk cost to vaccine rollout? OK, here's the cash." That increased the resources committed to this vaccine, and also reduced the time get up to first human trials.

Trump didn't do -any- of that himself. All he did was listen to the experts for once, and not fuck it up too badly; we don't know yet how much of the cash he and Kushner managed to grab as it went by.

- DSK

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

In the midst of the pandemic, Kraninger also approved a rule that allows debt collectors to harass Americans with limitless texts and emails demanding repayment.

 

I actually had to deal with this.  I have a perfect credit record.  Always have.  But during the pandemic, we had to go to a different hospital than we normally do.  They didn't have our information on file (even though we gave it to them).  Their 'radiation' department is actually a separate company, who bills separately.  This company sent us to collections.  We never received a bill from them.  They have no public facing website.  No contact information.  Calls to the hospital get you a company name and a phone number, and that phone number is disconnected.  We finally got a another phone number directly from a doctor, and it turns out this company contracts ANOTHER company who specializes in medical payments to do all their billing.  This third-third party company has no ability to explain bills, no ability to look up billing codes, and once the bill (that we never received) went to collections, they refused to take our payment.  Until we called with a lawyer conferenced in.

In the 3 days that the collections agency came after us, we got probably a dozen phone calls, and never-ending texts threatening us with 'legal action'.

Needless to say, we won't be returning to the Lake Huron Medical Center in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:
52 minutes ago, Dog said:

Ask Joe Biden.

That's President Biden to you son.

Funny how this is now the responsibility of the President.  What happened to Governors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I actually had to deal with this.  I have a perfect credit record.  Always have.  But during the pandemic, we had to go to a different hospital than we normally do.  They didn't have our information on file (even though we gave it to them).  Their 'radiation' department is actually a separate company, who bills separately.  This company sent us to collections.  We never received a bill from them.  They have no public facing website.  No contact information.  Calls to the hospital get you a company name and a phone number, and that phone number is disconnected.  We finally got a another phone number directly from a doctor, and it turns out this company contracts ANOTHER company who specializes in medical payments to do all their billing.  This third-third party company has no ability to explain bills, no ability to look up billing codes, and once the bill (that we never received) went to collections, they refused to take our payment.  Until we called with a lawyer conferenced in.

In the 3 days that the collections agency came after us, we got probably a dozen phone calls, and never-ending texts threatening us with 'legal action'.

Needless to say, we won't be returning to the Lake Huron Medical Center in the future.

The sad thing is, it runs up business costs tremendously. These dunning agencies usually pay pennies on the dollar and so billing has to increase.

MediCare keeps getting entangled in this kind of shit even though they supposedly have policies (and the manpower) not to. Trump just pardoned a doc who defrauded MediCare of ten$ of million$.

Transparency is a big deal

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Funny how this is now the responsibility of the President.  What happened to Governors?

Good point...Governors definitely have some responsibility for the distribution problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

good to see the Patriot party is alive and well;

wanted to be part of the Patriot Party, join supporters of Trump, y’know?” Mark Leggiero told NBC News. “I find myself kind of by myself out here.”

 

Trump supporter Mark Leggiero, of Florida, N.Y., holds a banner outside the New York state Capitol objecting to the inaugurat

AP PHOTO/HANS PENNINK

Trump supporter Mark Leggiero, of Florida, N.Y., holds a banner outside the New York state Capitol objecting to the inauguration of President Joe Biden on Wednesday.

Florida man. 
 

Whaddya say, Bullshitters...gonna leave The Party and join the Patriot Party, or pretend that Trump never existed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Florida man. 
 

Whaddya say, Bullshitters...gonna leave The Party and join the Patriot Party, or pretend that Trump never existed?

Trump WHO!

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dog said:

Good point...Governors definitely have some responsibility for the distribution problems.

Oh, you're not gonna blame them over President Biden, are you?  Might get your "Faithful" card revoked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Needless to say, we won't be returning to the Lake Huron Medical Center in the future.

That is why Liz Warren's idea of a CFPB is important; and why the Reich hates it and tried to dismantle it. 

The US Reich, and some Dems, are on the side of the financial predators. 

Also, that's why we need M4A - shit like that don't happen across the river in Canada. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 6:21 AM, Dog said:

Would you mind citing where he called the virus a hoax, in context please.

Seriously, this is beneath you.  I am also one to call BS where I see BS.  But this is not one of those times.  Every single thing he did and said downplayed the severity of the virus.  "It will just disappear....".  Did he ever use the word "hoax"?  I don't recall.  But read this timeline and tell us he didn't fuck this up by the numbers:

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/21/837348551/timeline-what-trump-has-said-and-done-about-the-coronavirus

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Seriously, this is beneath you.  I am also one to call BS where I see BS.  But this is not one of those times.  Every single thing he did and said downplayed the severity of the virus.  "It will just disappear....".  Did he ever use the word "hoax"?  I don't recall.  But read this timeline and tell us he didn't fuck this up by the numbers:

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/21/837348551/timeline-what-trump-has-said-and-done-about-the-coronavirus

 

He did say hoax at one point, then claimed he was kidding....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 8:59 AM, Dog said:

I do refuse to acknowledge that Trump intentionally slow walked the response.

“I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”

— Trump, in an interview with journalist Bob Woodward

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dog said:
4 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Oh is it completed dog?  Where's my fucking shot?

Ask Joe Biden.

Why should we have to ask President Biden?  He's been in office for what...... 1.5 DAYS now?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Burning Man said:
4 hours ago, Dog said:

Ask Joe Biden.

Why should we have to ask President Biden?  He's been in office for what...... 1.5 DAYS now?  

As predicted, the pivot to holding the current President responsible for everything (including what occurred prior to his term) is now the GOP position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Why should we have to ask President Biden?  He's been in office for what...... 1.5 DAYS now?  

Because he's running the show now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I actually had to deal with this.  I have a perfect credit record.  Always have.  But during the pandemic, we had to go to a different hospital than we normally do.  They didn't have our information on file (even though we gave it to them).  Their 'radiation' department is actually a separate company, who bills separately.  This company sent us to collections.  We never received a bill from them.  They have no public facing website.  No contact information.  Calls to the hospital get you a company name and a phone number, and that phone number is disconnected.  We finally got a another phone number directly from a doctor, and it turns out this company contracts ANOTHER company who specializes in medical payments to do all their billing.  This third-third party company has no ability to explain bills, no ability to look up billing codes, and once the bill (that we never received) went to collections, they refused to take our payment.  Until we called with a lawyer conferenced in.

In the 3 days that the collections agency came after us, we got probably a dozen phone calls, and never-ending texts threatening us with 'legal action'.

Needless to say, we won't be returning to the Lake Huron Medical Center in the future.

What a ridiculous system. On the other side of Lake Huron we just show our health card and spend the rest of the time focussed on getting better - any hospital, any doctor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

What a ridiculous system. On the other side of Lake Huron we just show our health card and spend the rest of the time focussed on getting better - any hospital, any doctor.

Yeah.  My wife and I have discussed retiring north of the border to get away from the U.S. idea of health care.  I'm sure there are caveats in the Canadian system that prevent that U.S. folks from doing that, though.  If the culture in the US doesn't shift away from the Trumpublican "fuck you I got mine" attitude, we may do it regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grrr... said:

Yeah.  My wife and I have discussed retiring north of the border to get away from the U.S. idea of health care.  I'm sure there are caveats in the Canadian system that prevent that U.S. folks from doing that, though.

I think if you qualify to be immigrants you get the healthcare. There are a variety of ways to qualify. Main one is by a point system, but that is mainly aimed for people who want to come to Canada to work. There is also an entrepreneurial way where you need to invest a certain amount that will produce jobs. Being a political refugee would not work as well as it would have a week ago. Got close family in Canada, they can sponsor you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Huh, I actually find myself on Dog's side on this one as well.  Warp Speed DID get the vaccine through faster than the vaccine would have been approved otherwise.

The Democrats on this website need to be very careful.  They are becoming the flip side of many republicans - cheerleaders ignoring the truth and believing only what they want to hear.

I'm glad that it was approved quickly, but it's a lie that it normally takes years. If that was true, we would never have a flu vaccine as we both identify the strain and innoculate within just a few months.

Of course, Warp speed had nothing to do with the actual Pfizer vaccine development as they not only didn't take the money, they, Pfizer, didn't develop the vaccine, some Muslim immigrants in Germany did that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Seriously, this is beneath you.  I am also one to call BS where I see BS.  But this is not one of those times.  Every single thing he did and said downplayed the severity of the virus.  "It will just disappear....".  Did he ever use the word "hoax"?  I don't recall.  But read this timeline and tell us he didn't fuck this up by the numbers:

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/21/837348551/timeline-what-trump-has-said-and-done-about-the-coronavirus

There is nothing lower than a party hack ala @Dog, just ignore it and it'll go away. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dog said:

Because he's running the show now.

Yet if the economy was raging garbage like you would be claiming it's Trump's economy for the next 4 years. Fuck you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Seriously, this is beneath you.  I am also one to call BS where I see BS.  But this is not one of those times.  Every single thing he did and said downplayed the severity of the virus.  "It will just disappear....".  Did he ever use the word "hoax"?  I don't recall.  But read this timeline and tell us he didn't fuck this up by the numbers:

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/21/837348551/timeline-what-trump-has-said-and-done-about-the-coronavirus

Did imposing the travel bans (for which he was called xenophobic) downplay the severity of the pandemic? Did setting up temporary hospitals and deploying hospital ships downplay the pandemic? Did invoking the Defense Production Act to produce ventilators and PPE downplay the pandemic? Did Operation Warp Speed which produced a vaccine in 9 months downplay the pandemic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dog said:

Did imposing the INEFFECTIVE travel bans (for which he was called xenophobic) downplay the severity of the pandemic?....

FIFY

When thousands of people come in from the place you've "banned" that is not really a "travel ban."

Now, you've said you're concerned about election security, do you have anything to say about the SAFE Act?

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Did imposing the travel bans (for which he was called xenophobic) downplay the severity of the pandemic? Did setting up temporary hospitals and deploying hospital ships downplay the pandemic? Did invoking the Defense Production Act to produce ventilators and PPE downplay the pandemic? Did Operation Warp Speed which produced a vaccine in 9 months downplay the pandemic?

And where did it get us?  A half a million dead soon. #1 in the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Did imposing the travel bans (for which he was called xenophobic) downplay the severity of the pandemic? Did setting up temporary hospitals and deploying hospital ships downplay the pandemic? Did invoking the Defense Production Act to produce ventilators and PPE downplay the pandemic? Did Operation Warp Speed which produced a vaccine in 9 months downplay the pandemic?

They weren't bans. He stopped flights from certain locations. A few of my Chinese friends came back during that time via SE Asia. You really gobble down Trump's cum without thinking, don't you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I actually had to deal with this.  I have a perfect credit record.  Always have.  But during the pandemic, we had to go to a different hospital than we normally do.  They didn't have our information on file (even though we gave it to them).  Their 'radiation' department is actually a separate company, who bills separately.  This company sent us to collections.  We never received a bill from them.  They have no public facing website.  No contact information.  Calls to the hospital get you a company name and a phone number, and that phone number is disconnected.  We finally got a another phone number directly from a doctor, and it turns out this company contracts ANOTHER company who specializes in medical payments to do all their billing.  This third-third party company has no ability to explain bills, no ability to look up billing codes, and once the bill (that we never received) went to collections, they refused to take our payment.  Until we called with a lawyer conferenced in.

In the 3 days that the collections agency came after us, we got probably a dozen phone calls, and never-ending texts threatening us with 'legal action'.

Needless to say, we won't be returning to the Lake Huron Medical Center in the future.

That is devastating.  So at this point, if you get sick..  Lawyer up...    

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dog said:

Did imposing the travel bans (for which he was called xenophobic) downplay the severity of the pandemic? Did setting up temporary hospitals and deploying hospital ships downplay the pandemic? Did invoking the Defense Production Act to produce ventilators and PPE downplay the pandemic? Did Operation Warp Speed which produced a vaccine in 9 months downplay the pandemic?

What about the part where he said it will disappear in April and that it was a Democratic hoax? Did that downplay the virus?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dog said:

Did imposing the travel bans (for which he was called xenophobic) downplay the severity of the pandemic? Did setting up temporary hospitals and deploying hospital ships downplay the pandemic? Did invoking the Defense Production Act to produce ventilators and PPE downplay the pandemic? Did Operation Warp Speed which produced a vaccine in 9 months downplay the pandemic?

It appears that the pooch drank the bleach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of 100 things possible, getting a few right is great.  yay!

But the overall response was horrible.

You KNOW what the party bots will tout, 24/7. 

Credit should be given where credit is due.

But criticism is justified.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 12:01 AM, SloopJonB said:

Convicting him in the Senate will take care of him.

None of those kids will amount to anything - without daddy they will be jokes - even bigger jokes than they are now that is.

I do hope he gets convicted and banned from running for any office again, for life.

His (adult) sons are idiots. Them running for any office would at best be a lesson in self destruction as soon as the open their pie holes.

Ivanka, on the other hand, should be closely watched. For her, I hope, the destroyed family brand name will turn out to be an impossible obstacle.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:
3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Why should we have to ask President Biden?  He's been in office for what...... 1.5 DAYS now?  

Because he's running the show now.

So, "the show" is now the responsibility of the President.

The Governors will be so relieved you took that off their plates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dog said:

Did imposing the travel bans (for which he was called xenophobic) downplay the severity of the pandemic? Did setting up temporary hospitals and deploying hospital ships downplay the pandemic? Did invoking the Defense Production Act to produce ventilators and PPE downplay the pandemic? Did Operation Warp Speed which produced a vaccine in 9 months downplay the pandemic?

LIBERATE Michigan!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know why the NG ended up sleeping in a parking garage?  The RW media are making a great deal of political hay out of it.  Did the NG logistics people screw up and forget to organize some kind of accommodation for the troops or what?

Link to post
Share on other sites