Having a kid and taking paternity leave after a long cup cycle... getting surgery on a longstanding injury... needs to return some video tapes. Lots of possible of legitimate reasons that he may not want to very public about. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you are truly amusing. Let's start with a simple truth. This event was probably the best televised sailing I have ever seen. Sure, there is room for improvement but the racing was epic, t

I've never been annoyed this much watching otherwise excellent racing or in fact any sailing ever.  The sailors and sailing are awesome, boats are good for trashing around short courses - how can

i didnt bag the ac dipshit. quite strangely you identify yourself with that event and you feel like if someone bags on you, that means the event. i thought it was good. you on the other hand must be f

Posted Images

4 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

It is really unclear how the sailors get selected and paid. Bit surprised to see Ben prioritize other commitments. 

Goodison is excellent interest addition to the program.  Not because he will do better or worse than Ben but because we have all wondered how he can do as a helm on an AC sized foiler.   Many wondered if he should have been tactician or even helm AM 

This is the prelude I think of Goodison taking over potential Helming Duties for AC37! I'll be shocked if he isn't hired for the INEOS TEAM UK AC37 Campaign.

10 hours ago, Forourselves said:

There Americas Cup, where there is no second.

Do you like repeating yourself? Does it help affirm your self belief?

2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

This is the prelude I think of Goodison taking over potential Helming Duties for AC37! I'll be shocked if he isn't hired for the INEOS TEAM UK AC37 Campaign.

What’s the prelude to you buggering off? 

2 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

What’s the prelude to you buggering off? 

Shut Up! You are a clone created by a British Clown!

9 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

I suspect the significance of SailGP wlll correlate to the results of the NZ team.   If they start winning, the event will seem significant to you.  If they finish towards the back , it will appear insignificant.

I expect NZ to win or podium in one or more of the events. So it will eventually seem significant to you

Its not about whether I think its relevant or not. I don't, and I won't whether the Kiwi's win it or not.

In terms of the big picture, SailGP is insignificant. Its a paycheck and a bit of fun for the boys in between AC cycles.

Russell Coutts has made an absolute point of head hunting as much AC talent as he possibly can this season, because he knows AC talent legitimizes his event.

Thats not the case in the AC. The first and second place helms (Skippers and CEO's) in SailGP couldn't even get selected for the AC. SailGP needs the AC to legitimize it. The AC doesn't need SailGP to do the same.  

• Downvote 1
On 5/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, enigmatically2 said:

Excitement, passion etc come in many forms. I have been Mach 2 in an aircraft, raced cars at 160mph. But neither could match the excitement of a 30 footer offshore in a storm going a fraction of the speed

Water sailing gives a bigger variety of conditions, a bigger variety of challenges, a bigger variety of options.

More people have access to the water. The sport has always had a range from opposes to trapeze dinghies to offshore boats etc. Just because your focus is purely speed, doesn't mean it is the only focus, or the right focus

My focus is not purely speed. It is the average person being able to relate to the sport. Car and Ball type sports are things that every one can relate to because the can do them at relatively low expense. Disposable income for boat ownership and thus crewing is very tight unless of course you are a 1%'er.

And most people do not have access to water where you can sail. Out west the Local and State governments have made it so expensive to access the waterfront where boats are and all most can do is walk around the harbors. tourists shit ya know.

Factor in the cost of travel, lodging and food. It is so fucking expensive now.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

My focus is not purely speed. It is the average person being able to relate to the sport. Car and Ball type sports are things that every one can relate to because the can do them at relatively low expense. Disposable income for boat ownership and thus crewing is very tight unless of course you are a 1%'er.

And most people do not have access to water where you can sail. Out west the Local and State governments have made it so expensive to access the waterfront where boats are and all most can do is walk around the harbors. tourists shit ya know.

You don't need much money to sail.  You just need a lot to be competitive.  

The sport isn't all about foiling Catamarans and 50ft keel boat cruisers.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Very interesting this is as helm? CEO is still Ben, so Ben must have agreed this. But why? Trial for INEOS perhaps? But a trial for INEOS in a helm role?! That is surprising. 

Of course, could just be a matter Paul calling in a favour to get some race time. But, this is going to be a facinating watch. 

You have to give it to SailGP, the lineup has been great this season. 

Giles may have called it a day on the AC75, plus as you say Ben might have plenty of legit commitments. Been a long few years 24/7 on the AC and Bermuda will have been a tough gig helming and managing. His meeting sched at Ineos was full on and one would need time out on that alone.

maybe the first sign of the change in the INEOS team.

I have always thought that Ben is sensational at sailing but being everything leads to mediocrity. A strong INEOS would be great and Sail gp is a great place to learn.

For ETNZ keeping the boys busy and engaged is also a great help but they also need a bit of skill mixing people break arms in races there needs to be coverage.

16 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Its not about whether I think its relevant or not. I don't, and I won't whether the Kiwi's win it or not.

In terms of the big picture, SailGP is insignificant. Its a paycheck and a bit of fun for the boys in between AC cycles.

Russell Coutts has made an absolute point of head hunting as much AC talent as he possibly can this season, because he knows AC talent legitimizes his event.

Thats not the case in the AC. The first and second place helms (Skippers and CEO's) in SailGP couldn't even get selected for the AC. SailGP needs the AC to legitimize it. The AC doesn't need SailGP to do the same.  

It is true that SailGP has needed the AC, but I think that will change.

It is however a truism that the AC is a design competition, whereas SailGP is about the sailing ability- the only real to me all these best sailors come together in high performance ODs

16 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

More people worldwide have access the water than areas suitable for ice or land sailing.

I also disagree that sailing is so expensive to take part in My parents spent less on my mirror and laser than some kids today spent on a pair of trainers. Or a replace football kit or to watch a couple of football matches. With that I was able to win at club level (in 15 year old boat).

From that I got into bigger boats where someone else paid the bills. I helmed and called tactics, someone else paid.

I remember sitting in a  restaurant St Malo where one of our crew who was a labourer on building site realised that he had been racing against the chairman of the building company -one of UKs biggest 3, and he was on next table

• Like 1
7 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

More people worldwide have access the water than areas suitable for ice or land sailing.

I also disagree that sailing is so expensive to take part in My parents spent less on my mirror and laser than some kids today spent on a pair of trainers. Or a replace football kit or to watch a couple of football matches. With that I was able to win at club level (in 15 year old boat).

From that I got into bigger boats where someone else paid the bills. I helmed and called tactics, someone else paid.

I remember sitting in a  restaurant St Malo where one of our crew who was a labourer on building site realised that he had been racing against the chairman of the building company -one of UKs biggest 3, and he was on next table

It's nice that you lived in a country/city/town/place that was close enough to water, and a yacht club, and people who would "pay the bills" to give you those opportunities.  That's not the case everywhere.  In fact, it's only the case in wealthy places.

• Like 2
On 5/19/2021 at 10:45 PM, EYESAILOR said:

It is really unclear how the sailors get selected and paid. Bit surprised to see Ben prioritize other commitments. 

Goodison is excellent interest addition to the program.  Not because he will do better or worse than Ben but because we have all wondered how he can do as a helm on an AC sized foiler.   Many wondered if he should have been tactician or even helm AM 

Could it be that, Sir Ben will be practicing more on his CEO skills? Several here have suggested he needs to.

5 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Could it be that, Sir Ben will be practicing more on his CEO skills? Several here have suggested he needs to.

Not according to Merc. They admire them.

6 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

Not according to Merc. They admire them.

Nah, Ben needs a Back-Up Helm just in case for AC37 and Goodi is perfect fit for it!

19 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

He has proved in Bermuda that he is incapable of leading a racing yacht to victory by being on the helm. His crew were mumbling they would have finished higher if he had not been on the boat.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, dullers said:

His crew were mumbling they would have finished higher if he had not been on the boat.

Got a source for this or have you just made it up?

2 minutes ago, Metoxi said:

Got a source for this or have you just made it up?

I have a source. One of the crew members claimed they could have done better than first place in Bermuda if Ben had not been on the helm.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dullers said:

I have a source. One of the crew members claimed they could have done better than first place in Bermuda if Ben had not been on the helm.

Better than first place it pretty good! :P

25 minutes ago, Jethrow said:

Better than first place it pretty good! :P

That is what they want out of Ben.

3 hours ago, dullers said:

That is what they want out of Ben.

Yup, consensus here says if that Ben is as good as people say he is, that he should have done better than first  You cant blame the crew because they got the boat to first place so the blame squarely lies at Ben's feet and its time for a change.    

4 hours ago, dullers said:

He has proved in Bermuda that he is incapable of leading a racing yacht to victory by being on the helm. His crew were mumbling they would have finished higher if he had not been on the boat.

LOL

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

It's nice that you lived in a country/city/town/place that was close enough to water, and a yacht club, and people who would "pay the bills" to give you those opportunities.  That's not the case everywhere.  In fact, it's only the case in wealthy places.

Absolutely true, but the ice sailing and land yachting you extoll have even lower accessibility.

The point is that dinghy sailing is accessible to a lot of people, it not as elitist a sport as is often made out

• Like 1
10 hours ago, dullers said:

I admit it, I laughed :lol: does your inside know when is Sir Russell taking over the CEO duties at INEOS to let Ben drive?

15 hours ago, dullers said:

You mean Bermuda AC35 or Bermuda SailGP a few weeks back where he had a really good sunday and won the regatta?

Either way, the re are many changes possible for Team Ineos to win the America's Cup, replacing Ben as helm is a possibility but it's not on the first page, or likely to happen in a hurry.

1 hour ago, shebeen said:

Either way, the re are many changes possible for Team Ineos to win the America's Cup, replacing Ben as helm is a possibility but it's not on the first page, or likely to happen in a hurry.

Ben seems to be good at the helm.   I thought consensus here was that a replacement CEO was needed so Ben could focus on the helm.  But Ben will judge himself and decide if someone else could do a better job.

Looks like Alinghi is in for the next cycle.

And Stingray thought they'd give up the Olympics for SailGP lol

Told you SailGP isn't high on the priority list for these guys. First Ben Ainslie, now Burling and Tuke.

SailGP is simply a paycheck and something to do in between their real priorities.

https://sailgp.com/news/nzl-announces-world-class-subs-as-olympians-prep-for-tokyo/?fbclid=IwAR3cmKPSk5meN2a2oova_d24fDRInkvZutGvDk5QbL0fj8LSZtNwDmD5rwU

• Downvote 2

Its the Olympics for B/T and co. No way can you miss that gig. Goodson's in for reasons we don't know, but he and Ben get on.

No Glen A though.

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

Looks like Alinghi is in for the next cycle.

And Stingray thought they'd give up the Olympics for SailGP lol

Told you SailGP isn't high on the priority list for these guys. First Ben Ainslie, now Burling and Tuke.

SailGP is simply a paycheck and something to do in between their real priorities.

https://sailgp.com/news/nzl-announces-world-class-subs-as-olympians-prep-for-tokyo/?fbclid=IwAR3cmKPSk5meN2a2oova_d24fDRInkvZutGvDk5QbL0fj8LSZtNwDmD5rwU

You are a total JOKE my friend! Burling & Tuke will be back during the SailGP Event in Aarhus August 20-21.

I am also reliably informed that Slingsby & his Australian Squad will also miss a Crew Member for the Event in the UK and possibly Italy as well as Jason Waterhouse, their Flight Controller steps off the Boat. Waterhouse is teaming up with Lisa Darmanin in the Nacra17 during the Tokyo Olympics. Waterhouse/Darmanin won Silver during the Rio Olympics 2016 in the Nacra17!

5 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

You are a total JOKE my friend! Burling & Tuke will be back during the SailGP Event in Aarhus August 20-21.

I am also reliably informed that Slingsby & his Australian Squad will also miss a Crew Member for the Event in the UK and possibly Italy as well as Jason Waterhouse, their Flight Controller steps off the Boat. Waterhouse is teaming up with Lisa Darmanin in the Nacra17 during the Tokyo Olympics. Waterhouse/Darmanin won Silver during the Rio Olympics 2016 in the Nacra17!

Like I said, their priorities are the AC and the Olympics.

Yes, they will be back in August, but they'll be gone June/ July. As will Ainslie, as will Maloney and Junior.

SailGP is a distant 3rd on the priority list.

• Downvote 1
30 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

Its the Olympics for B/T and co. No way can you miss that gig. Goodson's in for reasons we don't know, but he and Ben get on.

No Glen A though.

Glenn Ashby = Team Australia I think with Waterhouse off!

Just now, Forourselves said:

Yes, they will be back in August, but they'll be gone June/ July. As will Ainslie, as will Maloney and Junior.

Has nothing to do with SailGP a distant 3rd on the priority list. It was obvious that given most of the SailGP Teams having at least 1 Sailor contesting the Tokyo Olympics there would be some Crew Changes.

The Teams of the 2017/2018 Volvo Ocean Race changed out 23 Sailors after the Southern Ocean Leg into Melbourne. Even Peter Burling took himself off the Boat for Leg 4 to Hong Kong because of AC Committments.

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

What is striking is that TNZ has to hire a Swiss and an Australian sailor to make up the numbers. NZ loses an Aussie with Ashbie and you have to hire another one. You beat your chest about the NZ sailors but you have to look outside.

So, it's not only about the designers you don't have . :D

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

What is striking is that TNZ has to hire a Swiss sailor to make up the numbers, you beat your chest about the NZ sailors but they have to look outside. So, it's not only about the designers they don't have. :D

Like I've said all along, the CEO's aren't in charge of anything. Russell Coutts runs everything. The fake nation v nation spiel Coutts uses all of the time, goes along with every other fake aspect of it.

Fake nations, fake teams, fake taglines (sailing reinvented, sailing redefined) fake prizes, fake premise, fake everything.

These guys are there to pick up a paycheck, thats all it is. Fake.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Like I've said all along, the CEO's aren't in charge of anything. Russell Coutts runs everything. The fake nation v nation spiel Coutts uses all of the time, goes along with every other fake aspect of it.

Fake nations, fake teams, fake taglines (sailing reinvented, sailing redefined) fake prizes, fake premise, fake everything.

These guys are there to pick up a paycheck, thats all it is. Fake.

So PB was fake too ?

Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

So PB was fake too ?

Hey, everyone has to put food on the table.

The guy is the hottest commodity in sailing. The greatest sailor in the world today. Larry offered him a pay day and he took it. 

• Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

The guy is the hottest commodity in sailing. The greatest sailor in the world today. Larry offered him a pay day and he took it. 

Jeeez, these kiwis sailors are all traitors like Coutts.

2 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Jeeez, these kiwis sailors are all traitors like Coutts.

Coutts was and still is a traitor because he left, came back with another team and took the Cup.

Burling is loyal to NZ. On many occasions Pete has always said representing NZ is his top priority.

4 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Greatest sailor in the world? Bold claim for someone who can't beat all those others in a OD.

And by bold I of course mean bollocks

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

What is striking is that TNZ has to hire a Swiss and an Australian sailor to make up the numbers. :D

well I am sure "somebody" will "prove" they are, actually, kiwi :D.. like you know, deep inside.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

Greatest sailor in the world? Bold claim for someone who can't beat all those others in a OD.

And by bold I of course mean bollocks

He is the greatest sailor in the world today. Russell Coutts said so, Jimmy Spithill said so, hell, even Tom Slingsby said "He's done everything to deserve the title of best sailor in the world" 

Even the best need more than one practice day in a new class.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

What is striking is that TNZ has to hire a Swiss and an Australian sailor to make up the numbers. NZ loses an Aussie with Ashbie and you have to hire another one. You beat your chest about the NZ sailors but you have to look outside.

So, it's not only about the designers you don't have . :D

Get your facts right. TNZ has nothing to do with this bush league regatta and hasn't hired anyone.

Russell Coutts has hired a couple of foreigners and put them on one of his "National teams"

Just like he hired an Italian, Francesco Bruni and a Brit Chris Draper and put them on a Japanese boat with an Aussie helm and everyone is forced to call them "Team Japan"

Like I said, Fake teams, fake nations, fake prizes, all backed by one man who pays the winner $1 million dollar prize money even though he's backing most of the teams anyway.

37 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

He is the greatest sailor in the world today. Russell Coutts said so, Jimmy Spithill said so, hell, even Tom Slingsby said "He's done everything to deserve the title of best sailor in the world" 

Just gotta hope that the three newbies don’t go and make him look silly in Italy then..the mask will slip that bit further ;-)

10 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Just gotta hope that the three newbies don’t go and make him look silly in Italy then..the mask will slip that bit further ;-)

When they can hang their photo next to an Olympic Silver and Gold, multiple world championships, and 2 consecutive Americas Cup wins by the age of 30, they'll have a case. Winning a few races in a shitty OD class that can no longer claim to be the fastest sailboat in the world only draws laughter.

37 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

When they can hang their photo next to an Olympic Silver and Gold, multiple world championships, and 2 consecutive Americas Cup wins by the age of 30, they'll have a case. Winning a few races in a shitty OD class that can no longer claim to be the fastest sailboat in the world only draws laughter.

Winning just one Olympic gold and then a couple of regattas where they clearly have the fastest boat doesn't cut it either.

Nearly as much laughter as the much vaunted “best sailors in the world” failing to score 

whats the excuse when foreign talent gets a kiwi boat on the podium? 

• Like 1

You may say he is the best sailor in the world, but he could not keep up with the fleet on last SailGP.

I don't say he is bad, but he could not benefit from the fastest design as in the AC.

Russell Coutts has hired a couple of foreigners and put them on one of his "National teams"

Perhaps he knows the Swiss and the Aussie will do better than your "best sailor in the world", and that will not be difficult.

17 hours ago, Forourselves said:

...just figuring this out now, are you!?

9 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Winning just one Olympic gold and then a couple of regattas where they clearly have the fastest boat doesn't cut it either.

Bahahaha Haters now Olympic Gold medals and the Americas Cups don't matter lol

Tell that to Russell Coutts.

Man SailGP fans really are dumbasses lol

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

...just figuring this out now, are you!?

Nope I knew it all along. And I said it all along.

Some on here are yet to figure it out.

5 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Perhaps he knows the Swiss and the Aussie will do better than your "best sailor in the world", and that will not be difficult.

Hahaha more like Burling told him the Olympics and the AC are more important than his little league regatta 

Sounds like Ainslie told him the same thing.

8 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Nearly as much laughter as the much vaunted “best sailors in the world” failing to score 

whats the excuse when foreign talent gets a kiwi boat on the podium? 

A couple of foreigners got the Japanese boat on the podium last season.

What was their excuse?

13 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Bahahaha Haters now Olympic Gold medals and the Americas Cups don't matter lol

Tell that to Russell Coutts.

Man SailGP fans really are dumbasses 

Are you so devoid of comprehension that you really believe this shit? Of course the Olympics matter. But one gold? That doesn't put them in the top 10 let alone the best. It is not that SailGP matters especially, its just the only time this generation if inshore performance sailors has come together in a OD to really test their relative ability.

If you want to count Olympic golds then Ainslie is best. If you want to count Olympic golds and ACs the ditto. Add in world championships? Ditto. And in sailGp only Slingsby looks to be on the same level (possibly ahead). So I don't see any objective measure that puts Burling in top place (except when looking through All Black tinted sunglasses).

10 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Are you so devoid of comprehension that you really believe this shit? Of course the Olympics matter. But one gold? That doesn't put them in the top 10 let alone the best. It is not that SailGP matters especially, its just the only time this generation if inshore performance sailors has come together in a OD to really test their relative ability.

If you want to count Olympic golds then Ainslie is best. If you want to count Olympic golds and ACs the ditto. Add in world championships? Ditto. And in sailGp only Slingsby looks to be on the same level (possibly ahead). So I don't see any objective measure that puts Burling in top place (except when looking through All Black tinted sunglasses).

YES. Ainslie was the greatest sailor of his generation.

Coutts was the greatest sailor of his generation.

Burling is now the greatest sailor of this generation. The foiling generation.

Slingsby was the best sailor in SailGP in 2019. But one season of SailGP v 2 Americas Cup wins back to back is no comparison.

And in SailGP, in 2019 the boats weren't completely OD if we're completely honest.

So what is your explanation of why this year (so this generation) in foiling boats, Burling was so far off the pace in Bermuda when even the over the hill Ainslie could win?

9 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

So what is your explanation of why this year (so this generation) in foiling boats, Burling was so far off the pace in Bermuda when even the over the hill Ainslie could win?

A boat that was still in pieces days out from race 1. One day practice time. Even the best need practice time before racing a class they haven't had any comparative experience racing in 4 years.

The 49er class is OD, yet i'm betting that if Ainslie, or any of the SailGP teams had one day training and had to go up against Pete and Blair right now, they'd get their butts kicked.

13 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

A boat that was still in pieces days out from race 1. One day practice time. Even the best need practice time before racing a class they haven't had any comparative experience racing in 4 years.

The 49er class is OD, yet i'm betting that if Ainslie, or any of the SailGP teams had one day training and had to go up against Pete and Blair right now, they'd get their butts kicked.

It wasn't the Greatest's first day in these boats. 

A couple of foreigners got the Japanese boat on the podium last season.

What was their excuse?

They didn’t need any, didn’t go in self proclaimed best sailors In The world and then finish DFL and then run off

whats pistols excuse? 

38 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Best hope the Swiss kiwi finishes DFL or your winge about practice looks silly. 

YES. Ainslie was the greatest sailor of his generation.

Coutts was the greatest sailor of his generation.

Burling is now the greatest sailor of this generation. The foiling generation.

Slingsby was the best sailor in SailGP in 2019. But one season of SailGP v 2 Americas Cup wins back to back is no comparison.

And in SailGP, in 2019 the boats weren't completely OD if we're completely honest.

Yet “the best foiling sailor of this generation” can’t beat a bunch of has beans, most of which don’t have an AC gig, in a one design boat designed by Kiwis... 

slings hasn’t  won a Sail gp event since 2019,  ben is the benchmark in that series. As pistol found out. 

2 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

They didn’t need any, didn’t go in self proclaimed best sailors In The world and then finish DFL and then run off

whats pistols excuse? 

No one has "self proclaimed" to be the best sailor in the world except Tom slingsby.

Just now, Forourselves said:

No one has "self proclaimed" to be the best sailor in the world except Tom slingsby.

Oh you said he was In Your post, do pete isn’t the best anymore? 

maybe that’s why Russ flicked him for the Alinghi guy? Get a winner in. 

1 minute ago, JALhazmat said:

Oh you said he was In Your post, do pete isn’t the best anymore? 

maybe that’s why Russ flicked him for the Alinghi guy? Get a winner in. 

I said that, Yes, because he is, but I'm not Pete Burling am I? 

Pete is the best sailor in the world. The best sailor has his priorities sorted. He has, and SailGP isn't one which is why he gave it away for the Olympics and why he'll give it away for the AC.

Money for dolfins, gets ass kicked, subbed out by Russ for his mate from Alinghi.

got to give Russ props for a sense of humour, getting a Swiss alighi sailor the driving gig on the NZ entry. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JALhazmat said:

Money for dolfins, gets ass kicked, subbed out by Russ for his mate from Alinghi.

got to give Russ props for a sense of humour, getting a Swiss alighi sailor the driving gig on the NZ entry. 

Get off the meth

Pete the dolfin  saviour, 

does really badly 

you have said Russ is pulling the strings so gets his mate in. 

no meth needed. Just salty kiwi tears. 

57 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Pete the dolfin  saviour, 

does really badly 

you have said Russ is pulling the strings so gets his mate in. 

no meth needed. Just salty kiwi tears. 

Meanwhile the AC is still safely bolted down in the RNZYS and SailGP is still irrelevant.

The only salty tears are yours.

because

We are the champions.

5 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Nope I knew it all along. And I said it all along.

Some on here are yet to figure it out.

Did you?

Some here should figure out what exactly? That professional sailors need a paycheck to survive like the rest of us mortals? Fuck, they even sailed those flying tri-deathtraps for a paycheck!

I'd bet a few of those pros may even - cover your eye's - do paid gigs on luxury super yachts! Damn sell outs and silly fools for diversifying their income portfolio...

It's their job to earn a living getting paid to sail!

Your point????

7 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Meanwhile the AC is still safely bolted down in the RNZYS and SailGP is still irrelevant.

The only salty tears are yours.

because

We are the champions.

Still doing the “we” thing.. like You Were part of the team... lol

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Still doing the “we” thing.. like You Were part of the team... lol

I'm a taxpayer which makes me a stakeholder which makes me part of team.

7 hours ago, Liquid said:

Did you?

Some here should figure out what exactly? That professional sailors need a paycheck to survive like the rest of us mortals? Fuck, they even sailed those flying tri-deathtraps for a paycheck!

I'd bet a few of those pros may even - cover your eye's - do paid gigs on luxury super yachts! Damn sell outs and silly fools for diversifying their income portfolio...

It's their job to earn a living getting paid to sail!

Your point????

Thats EXACTLY my point.

These SailGP fans think these guys are doing it because SailGP is as important, or even more important than the Americas Cup or an Olympic Gold Medal.

Hell, Stingray even said Burling and Tuke may give away the Olympic Gold medal for SailGP.

@JALhazmat thinks these guys aren't doing it because its a paycheck but because its somehow important for their careers.

NOPE. Its a paycheck pure and simple. Its a living until their real priorities come around again. Those priorities being the Olympics and the AC.

They get paid to sail, which is why they're doing SailGP. No more, no less.

Thats what I've said all along.

7 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Ah ah, after the spanking you took with SailGP you look like sore losers. No wonder you hate it.

You never learn.

SailGP is like you. Irrelevant.

Its a payday. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only results that matter are the ones that count. And SailGP results don't count.

The AC and the Olympics are the ONLY results that count.

8 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Ernie's team mate...gee maybe Alinghi, er, TeamLarryNZ will win the next event?

https://www.alinghi.com/content/arnaud-psarofaghis

Aww cute.

Maybe Team LarryAUS will win the cup? Oh thats right, Australia doesn't give a shit about the AC and Larrys already got an old fashioned ass kicking from Dalton once, he's probably not up for a repeat performance.