Agreed Eyesailor, and as I have said before I agree Burling is a great sailor. Its just 4Us unlimited Kiwi bias I object to.

But I'll try and avoid being drawn in. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to stop and take a photo of this today (not like I'm pushed for time during lockdown ). Looks like my youngest likes SailGP. Perhaps the boats are just easier to build with lego than the foiling

Some of you are truly amusing. Let's start with a simple truth. This event was probably the best televised sailing I have ever seen. Sure, there is room for improvement but the racing was epic, t

i didnt bag the ac dipshit. quite strangely you identify yourself with that event and you feel like if someone bags on you, that means the event. i thought it was good. you on the other hand must be f

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Main Man said:

Agreed, it’s all rather unedifying. Albeit slightly entertaining.

I find it depressing.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Agreed Eyesailor, and as I have said before I agree Burling is a great sailor. Its just 4Us unlimited Kiwi bias I object to.

But I'll try and avoid being drawn in. 

Thanks.

It will be refreshing if we can get to talking about sail GP.

I think we can fnd positive things to say about most of the teams.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

Thanks.

It will be refreshing if we can get to talking about sail GP.

I think we can fnd positive things to say about most of the teams.

I agree, I don't think the teams are particularly far apart, maybe Denmark a touch further behind.  With the tight schedule of moving from venue to venue, there's not a lot of practice time available, but the teams will catch up.

Haven't heard, but the boats might be at Taranto by now?  We need a local informant.  @strider470 - you have a mission.  :D

On 5/22/2021 at 8:18 PM, kunos said:

well I am sure "somebody" will "prove" they are, actually, kiwi :D.. like you know, deep inside.

Wearing the Silver Fern will do it - or so I'm lead to believe. ;-)

21 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Thats EXACTLY my point.

These SailGP fans think these guys are doing it because SailGP is as important, or even more important than the Americas Cup or an Olympic Gold Medal.

Hell, Stingray even said Burling and Tuke may give away the Olympic Gold medal for SailGP.

@JALhazmat thinks these guys aren't doing it because its a paycheck but because its somehow important for their careers.

NOPE. Its a paycheck pure and simple. Its a living until their real priorities come around again. Those priorities being the Olympics and the AC.

They get paid to sail, which is why they're doing SailGP. No more, no less.

Thats what I've said all along.

So by your theory (not mine) when Pete and Blair stepped away from TNZ during AC35 to do Olympic duties this was showing you that their top priority is Olympics not TNZ and the Cup? They just came back to the Cup for the paycheck once the games were over? So again by your theory (not mine) the lads left the AC to compete in the games showing their top priority yes? and now they are stepping away from sailGP to the games again showing top priority is Olympics. but when have they stepped away from SailGP for Cup duties? so if anything, going by your theory and that alone, wouldn't sailGP and the Cup be on equal terms for them? 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, agk470 said:

So by your theory (not mine) when Pete and Blair stepped away from TNZ during AC35 to do Olympic duties this was showing you that their top priority is Olympics not TNZ and the Cup? They just came back to the Cup for the paycheck once the games were over? So again by your theory (not mine) the lads left the AC to compete in the games showing their top priority yes? and now they are stepping away from sailGP to the games again showing top priority is Olympics. but when have they stepped away from SailGP for Cup duties? so if anything, going by your theory and that alone, wouldn't sailGP and the Cup be on equal terms for them? 

Yes. It did. Their priority wasn't the ACWS, it was the Olympics. 

The ACWS has never been of any importance. It is merely a travelling circus just like SailGP. An exhibition event.

They never stepped away from the Cup event, they stepped away from the ACWS. Perfectly acceptable.

And?

3 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Are you just out of shot? You are part of that team too? :lol:

Didn't you know? we're a team of 5 million. Aunty Jacinda said so.

18 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

Guys, can I make a plea for peace.

This thread was once an interesting discussion on developments in Sail GP.

The descent into a sh#tf#ight is really boring and it has become an exchange of inaccurate inflammatory rhetoric from both parties.  You will drive away people close to the event who might otherwise post interesting insights.

IMO:

SailGP is interesting and relevant because the boats are fast and technical,and it has brought together some of the best sailors in the world to compete. 

Peter Burling is  prodigious sailing talent.  He will not win every event he enters,  but 2 Olympic medals, 2 ACs and 7 world championships are incredible achievements. 

Everyone everyone is entitled to dis agree but not repetitively.

Agreed.

Fourourselves is on a one man mission to (I think) try and prove that SailGP is a waste of time, and eventually people will take the bait. Of course the irony of him going to so much effort on something not worthy of it seems to be lost. 

Surely there must be some kiwi sailing fans that can have a private word with him, it is derailing the thread (unless that actually is the point)

On 5/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, Forourselves said:

You never learn.

SailGP is like you. Irrelevant.

Its a payday. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only results that matter are the ones that count. And SailGP results don't count.

The AC and the Olympics are the ONLY results that count.

Everything counts in large amounts.

6 hours ago, Forourselves said:

All-Blacks-anthem-Tri-Nations-2020-PA-10

got any trophies in the cabinet?

I know where this one is currently being held

Siya Kolisi: South Africa captain delivers special interview after Rugby World  Cup win | Rugby | Sport | Express.co.uk

• Like 1

Meanwhile.. as the race approaches let me remind everybody that the correct way to pronounce Taranto is.. Ta'ranto and not Tara'nto.

Hopefully the youtube commentators will get this right.

17 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

Haven't heard, but the boats might be at Taranto by now?

Tech teams are arriving so boats will be onsite or inbound in next few days. Very strict Covid protocols in effect; AFAIK each race team and the tech teams are in individual bubbles and aren't allowed to mix unless part of the regatta schedule (no social mixing etc) and they aren't allowed out of the compound at any time....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Forourselves said:

All-Blacks-anthem-Tri-Nations-2020-PA-10

Nobody plays this homoerotic shite. Another sport that nobody fucking cares about that Kiwis are good at.

2 hours ago, pusslicker said:

Nobody plays this homoerotic shite. Another sport that nobody fucking cares about that Kiwis are good at.

Awww spoken like a true loser

• Downvote 2
10 hours ago, kunos said:

Meanwhile.. as the race approaches let me remind everybody that the correct way to pronounce Taranto is.. Ta'ranto and not Tara'nto.

Hopefully the youtube commentators will get this right.

Different than Taranto Ontario? 

2 hours ago, barfy said:

Trono Ontario? :lol:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, barfy said:

yes.. not like Toro'nto. :)

Ta'ranto

Ta.... ranto

11 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I'm guessing they already had gopros onboard anyway but now just made it FB official - great partnership as GoPro will bring a lot of eyeballs

13 hours ago, Forourselves said:

rugby-trophies-2016-berry-andrew-001.jpg

is this photo from 2015? around the same time The Auld Mug was still at GGYC?

The one that really counts is that little gold one top right, and here's why you don't have it anymore

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, shebeen said:

The one that really counts is that little gold one top right, and here's why you don't have it anymore

Yes, we were out played by a better English side that played their best game of the whole tournament that night. The English also got beaten. They also went from an outstanding performance at the world cup to absolute shit afterward.

Having said that, credit where its due, I have no problem saying we were out played by the better side on the day. Thats sport.

We're also one of only 2 teams to win the cup 3 times.

Rest assured that cup will be coming back to NZ again in 2023.

42 minutes ago, shebeen said:

And the only one that counts in sailing is this one

which is why we still have it

m387_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_15

31 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

The how not to be competitive in...anything guide..

yysw313369.jpg

New rule in GP, scalping bow trophies...points to be awarded before the final match for the number of competitors bows nailed to the wall of your container

oh calm down, only one of us is being serious and that's your countryman who actually believes the shit he is spouting.

anyway, looking forward to the next event though, big wings, light winds, new crew, USA boat still needs fixing, Slingers wanting to take the top step, Nathan wanting to show what they are up to.

plenty to keep us all interested 

2 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

oh calm down, only one of us is being serious and that's your countryman who actually believes the shit he is spouting.

anyway, looking forward to the next event though, big wings, light winds, new crew, USA boat still needs fixing, Slingers wanting to take the top step, Nathan wanting to show what they are up to.

plenty to keep us all interested 

I'm with you it would be great for everyone if @Forourselves took the next week off from this thread and we can just talk SailGP.

If this is the right spot then we have a bit of breeze this weekend

https://www.windguru.cz/354388 

I assume boats will be on the water by then?

• Like 3

Confirmed: Team Australia SailGP Flight Controller Jason Waterhouse will not compete at the SailGP Events in Italy and the UK because of his Olympic Campaign in the Nacra17 Class.

He will be replaced by Brit Ed Powys.

Think of the 5 ring circus as Continuing Education requirements to maintain their pro level $ rate!

BTW: How much does a pro sailor's daily rate go up with each medal at the Olympics?

9 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Of course I was, I have said so repeatedly.

so finally you admit you were actually serious? :lol::lol:

Yes. I've always been serious. Always.

Actually never once have you actually said "I was trolling you"

the problem is...

You-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Larry must be so proud that his circus has 2 lively threads in ACA and one semi dead one in MHA. Is that a record for one class?

7 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Larry must be so proud that his circus has 2 lively threads in ACA and one semi dead one in MHA. Is that a record for one class?

NeedA, the ILCA/Torch/Laser multiple threads on DA smash SailGP for number of useless threads! :D

12 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Have you been contacted yet, for being an Influencer? Nikita is pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Have never seen Taranto but am sure the f' looking forward to seeing this again soon.. been living like a monk for far too long.

I love Campo dei Fiori, have been sitting on the monument behind and this piece of music is a shining diamond, thanks for the post SR.

"He only does it to annoy, because he knows it teases." L Carroll

Ever tried not doing the "back at ya" thing and letting stuff die on the vine? 

"Tajima Direct:  You just finished a wild season opener of SailGP in windy Bermuda that saw your bow land on USA’s stern, essentially causing your bow to get cheese-wired off by their carbon shroud. How the heck did this happen?! Take us through the incident and the resulting damage that knocked your team out of the event when in such solid overall position.

Leo Takahashi: It was an epic event and I really hope the viewers and sailing fans enjoyed what they saw."

Well, SailGP finally admits that they have gone full NASCAR: the only entertaining part are the crashes.

• Like 3

So again my suspicion it's competitive like pro wrestling...epic chair smashes over heads, salt thrown in eyes, brass knuckles down budgie smugglers...

Do they rehearse the near misses and smashes? They do in wrasslin 

29 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

So again my suspicion it's competitive like pro wrestling...epic chair smashes over heads, salt thrown in eyes, brass knuckles down budgie smugglers...

Probably a good model to follow. A lot more people watch that shit than rugby or the AC. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Probably a good model to follow. A lot more people watch that shit than rugby or the AC. 

So they can pretend it something its not.

45 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

So they can pretend it something its not.

Hardly anyone over age 8-10 (maybe younger these days) thinks wrasslin is 100% REAL.  The whole show is character-driven scripts.  Bob Backlund had difficulties for not wanting to lose when he was supposed to.  Co-wrote an interesting book.  Slingers should get a literary agent.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Forourselves said:

I see crybaby @The_Alchemist is back to his old tricks again, quietly down voting without saying a word lol

cry-baby2.jpg

Jalhazmat replies to your posts saying that you talk bollocks (which you do) and people complain about the spat. Alchemist doesn't but down votes and you complain.

The ideal answer to both sets of complaints is that you stop talking shite. How about it?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Jalhazmat replies to your posts saying that you talk bollocks (which you do) and people complain about the spat. Alchemist doesn't but down votes and you complain.

The ideal answer to both sets of complaints is that you stop talking shite. How about it?

JALHazmat admitted he was the one trolling so it was him that was talking bollocks.

Alchemist is a whiny little baby that would rather sit in the shadows and down vote all day long because he knows he doesnt have a decent argument. 

Hey, i cant help it if you dont like the truth. 

• Downvote 1
On 5/26/2021 at 4:29 AM, NeedAClew said:

Olympics get you on Wheaties cartons.  Bigger sponsors.  If they are actually held. 

If not, well, it's 1980...

Not a good year.

6 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Only the suggestion that the Danes would be the surprise had any justification, so I'd pick that one. Especially more so than teams that picked themselves.

Favourite, Australia, for outsiders I would go with France and Spain.

7 hours ago, Forourselves said:

JALHazmat admitted he was the one trolling so it was him that was talking bollocks.

Alchemist is a whiny little baby that would rather sit in the shadows and down vote all day long because he knows he doesnt have a decent argument. 

Rich, coming from the biggest fucking troll on here.

7 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Do you seriously think that if JAL stops, F himself will stop trolling this thread ?

Evidence points  that as a negative 

he is still going 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

No rehearsals or practice allowed...keep it raw

7 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Trolling you is and was a pleasure, doesn’t mean that you have to be talking bollocks to do it. 

7 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Do you seriously think that if JAL stops, F himself will stop trolling this thread ?

What would it take for you to fuck off to some Instagram forum trash cat?

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I will only troll anyone back who trolls me first.

You're the biggest troll on this forum.

So get off your high horse troll.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
55 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Trolling you is and was a pleasure, doesn’t mean that you have to be talking bollocks to do it. 

It did in your case.

1 hour ago, pusslicker said:

Rich, coming from the biggest fucking troll on here.

Considering every post of yours always consists of "fucking Kiwis" this and "Fucking Kiwi's" that, the only troll around here is you.

5 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Favourite, Australia, for outsiders I would go with France and Spain.

With Ben out I think that is realistic. I was talking about the same as in that video-biggest surprise. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Exactly.  I come back to the board periodically just to try and catch up on the news and DipShit is constantly babbling on and spamming every discussion that is taking place.  He needs to just grow up and realize that if your only purpose is to spam and disrupt other people discussions, then you are spam.

Has anyone noticed that the finish look a little different...Is not there usually a hook onto a reach to the finish. Of course , this may not be an accurate representation of the course but just general areas for spectators.

SGP_Taranto_TicketingMap_2021_v28APR21.p

6 minutes ago, IPLore said:

Has anyone noticed that the finish look a little different...Is not there usually a hook onto a reach to the finish. Of course , this may not be an accurate representation of the course but just general areas for spectators.

SGP_Taranto_TicketingMap_2021_v28APR21.p

I suspect the latter. And indeed the location of the premium mooring area gives an indication of the finishing line I expect

12 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Considering every post of yours always consists of "fucking Kiwis" this and "Fucking Kiwi's" that, the only troll around here is you.

What can I say, you fucking Kiwis have made the best villains in the AC since '87.

27 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

I suspect the latter. And indeed the location of the premium mooring area gives an indication of the finishing line I expect

That is what I thought.

What a pleasure to talk about the event

5 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Exactly.  I come back to the board periodically just to try and catch up on the news and DipShit is constantly babbling on and spamming every discussion that is taking place.  He needs to just grow up and realize that if your only purpose is to spam and disrupt other people discussions, then you are spam.

Welcome to the start of the last AC cycle where you, @Tornado-Cat and @Stingray~ were posting anything and everything as stupid as you could get because you didn't like, or agree with, the AC75 over the AC50, that the AC75 was dangerous, too unstable, wouldn't get off the dock, wouldn't be able to be raced around the race course, wouldn't provide good match racing, was prone to capsize, would slice and dice sailors, and was a one cycle boat that would never be seen again.

NONE of that was true, on the other hand IS true of the F50. So STFU about "disrupting discussion" because you were as bad as it got at the start of the AC, so if you wanna dish it out, you better be able to take it.

• Downvote 1