On 5/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, Forourselves said:

Welcome to the start of the last AC cycle where you, @Tornado-Cat and @Stingray~ were posting anything and everything as stupid as you could get because you didn't like, or agree with, the AC75 over the AC50, that the AC75 was dangerous, too unstable, wouldn't get off the dock, wouldn't be able to be raced around the race course, wouldn't provide good match racing, was prone to capsize, would slice and dice sailors, and was a one cycle boat that would never be seen again.

NONE of that was true, on the other hand IS true of the F50. So STFU about "disrupting discussion" because you were as bad as it got at the start of the AC, so if you wanna dish it out, you better be able to take it.

Please have some civility and stop bring so juvenile about every little thing.   You keep being so delusional and rant like a madman on every little thing.  Just chill out.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never been annoyed this much watching otherwise excellent racing or in fact any sailing ever.  The sailors and sailing are awesome, boats are good for trashing around short courses - how can

i didnt bag the ac dipshit. quite strangely you identify yourself with that event and you feel like if someone bags on you, that means the event. i thought it was good. you on the other hand must be f

Some of you are truly amusing. Let's start with a simple truth. This event was probably the best televised sailing I have ever seen. Sure, there is room for improvement but the racing was epic, t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tornado-Cat said:

"In summary: equal responsibility. Both teams are prosecuted with maximum penalty with no chance for redress."

https://sailgp.com/news/umpires-usa-fault-bermuda-collision-penalty/?fbclid=IwAR3TQZa7-hpCoFhc1ngOetXKnuL_wKBZ0duJiZaO-wbjQ2ADZJB_xkOudf8

The key factor was Outteridge and Co, by their own account,  misjudged the acceleration of the new boats coming out of tacks- mid 20's to 40 knots. The existing rules would need USA to tack to avoid collision. If they did then Japan could hold course and USA would have to prove their case relying on jourers and a  subjective decision. This would change the whole game, setting new a precident. In slower boats (even Tornado's) one tacks right under the port boat making it obvious causing the port to tack back. 

1 hour ago, Tornado-Cat said:

"In summary: equal responsibility. Both teams are prosecuted with maximum penalty with no chance for redress."

https://sailgp.com/news/umpires-usa-fault-bermuda-collision-penalty/?fbclid=IwAR3TQZa7-hpCoFhc1ngOetXKnuL_wKBZ0duJiZaO-wbjQ2ADZJB_xkOudf8

This is complete Bull Sh!t!  So whenever you get hit by another boat, you also get penalized for "not avoiding" the collision.  This is insane and not fair.   So the last place boat should just crash into the first place boat to take them out of the race.  Then next race crash into another boat, and another boat....  Knock them out out of the lead except for the boat you want to win.

38 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Please have some civility and stop bring so juvenile about every little thing.   You keep being so delusional and rant like a madman on every little thing.  Just chill out.

The shoe is on the other foot now aye!

No way. This is where you learn the importance of being able to take what you dish out.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

This is complete Bull Sh!t!  So whenever you get hit by another boat, you also get penalized for "not avoiding" the collision.  This is insane and not fair.   So the last place boat should just crash into the first place boat to take them out of the race.  Then next race crash into another boat, and another boat....  Knock them out out of the lead except for the boat you want to win.

• Downvote 2
2 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I dont think it is a case of equal responsibility.  Japan were clearly more responsible for causing the collision breaking rule 13. But the jury decided USA also broke rule 14.

Here is the rule Spithill was disqualified for . The highlighting is mine.

14 AVOIDING CONTACT

A boat shall avoid contact with another boat if reasonably possible. However, a right-of-way boat,or one sailing within the room or mark-room to which she is entitled,need not act to avoid contact until it is clear that the other boat is not keeping clear or giving room or mark-room.

So the question the jury need to have asked themselves is, when did Jimmy realize Nathan was going to try and avoid by doing a tack?  Could Jimmy have luffed suddenly to avoid the collision?

If Jimmy could reasonably have avoided the collision, then Jimmy broke 14....but he does not have to anticipate Nathn will tack or dip, he only should start to avoid when Nathan goes for the tack.

714374090_japanvsUSA.thumb.JPG.6b6ecfac9e695e0cd13542fd91da48ae.JPG

This video from about 1.30 does look like if Jimmy had been looking to leeward he probably could have avoided the collision.  I think they just didnt see how Nathan had hesitated between duck or tack and didnt see how close it was going to be.

• Like 1

@The_Alchemist

Why don't you just ignore For! You are giving him excatly what he wants: Attention!

Put him on the "Ignore List" so you won't see his Posts and can't be bothered by it and stop quoting him! This is what I did! He is just an immature, weak person!

Meanwhile let's have some fun. Most of the Teams I reckon are already in Taranto. Looking forward to next week!

• Like 2

This sounds like it might be good for those actually interested in the boats:

New campaign takes fans beneath the surface of SailGP

https://www.mysailing.com.au/new-campaign-takes-fans-beneath-the-surface-of-sailgp/

"The first of three extended feature documentary episodes on the Denmark SailGP Team, presented by Rockwool, is set to be released on 1 July. It will give viewers an access-all-areas pass to the Danish camp as it prepares for Season 2 of SailGP."

• Like 1
On 5/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, JALhazmat said:

Might as well start posting vids of unicycle racing for how irrelevant some of the recent posts are. 

just add the guy to ignore list.

I did and the thread is now much more pleasurable to read.

• Like 2

SailGP is not The Americas Cup. 

Quite why you dunb cunts have this thread in here is beyond me. How about all you fuck-knuckles pull up your pants and go sodomize each other some other place. 

Fuckin dicks. 

• Downvote 2
11 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

The video again. I agree with the jury decision, Japan did two mistakes in a row, however Spithill could have kept clear.

Yeah.  It feels tough on Jimmy. I suspect Jimmy could not see exactly what was happening to leeward. I think Nathan did the sportsmanlike step to go to the jury with Jimmy and ask for Jimmy to be exonerated. But, if USA had been on the ball they could have luffed to avoid the collision. Very unfortunate for Team USA but probably the right call by the jury

14 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

@The_Alchemist

Why don't you just ignore For! You are giving him excatly what he wants: Attention!

Put him on the "Ignore List" so you won't see his Posts and can't be bothered by it and stop quoting him! This is what I did! He is just an immature, weak person!

Meanwhile let's have some fun. Most of the Teams I reckon are already in Taranto. Looking forward to next week!

How do I turn on the ignore switch

1 minute ago, EYESAILOR said:

Close your eyes and sit on your thumbs.

OT, but a bit of fun with 18 footers in Auckland 1995... 30 knots, spinnaker flying, and a commentator nearly beside himself. :D

• Like 2
1 hour ago, EYESAILOR said:

Move your curser over his Profile and then select "Ignore User"!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Move your curser over his Profile and then select "Ignore User"!

Done

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Liquid said:

....one boat has sails, one doesn't.

Pretty basic, no?

You making the assumption that the sails carry a higher degree of skill to operate? 

5 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

If the F troll keeps on spamming here I think I am going to post on his own team thread, he will spam his own team.

"Spamming"? How am I spamming? No spamming going on here!

Since this thread is literally spamming this entire forum, I'd say this is absolutely the correct thread to post videos about sailing I enjoy watching.

If this spam thread can stay here, so can the videos I enjoy watching.

Whats good for one has to be good for everyone else.

So here you go:

Ffs, I know your ego is out of control but not every fucking post is about you. 

to stupid to realise I guess, but when I seem to be the only person that hasn’t blocked you i suppose you can be forgiven. 

1 minute ago, JALhazmat said:

Ffs, I know your ego is out of control but not every fucking post is about you. 

to stupid to realise I guess, but when I seem to be the only person that hasn’t blocked you i suppose you can be forgiven. 

Enjoy:)

• Like 1
On 5/29/2021 at 5:04 PM, dg_sailingfan said:

@The_Alchemist

Thx, done.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
20 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

You making the assumption that the sails carry a higher degree of skill to operate? 

Assumption? Sure, why not! I'm old and I like traditional sail handling skills!

Crew work on an F50 is running side to side, spinning handles and pushing buttons to trim a solid wing with stored power...

The other boat, not so much!! Do you get that?

Soft sails are not put up/down via a crane nor are they trimmed via an xbox controller...

So, given a choice I'd rather watch the soft sail foiling boys go at it.

This never disappoints either:

Sadly most forecasts predict 5-6kn for Saturday and 3kn for Friday.

Hopefully we get to see some racing but it doesn't look good for now. IIRC F50s were supposed to need at least 6-7kn to take off.

12 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Would you rather go back to the block and tackle of the old j class rather than these new fangled winches that take away skill?

not sure what you're on about there........

It's just my bitcoin worth of an opinion: Just because I like to see a little sail handling doesn't mean we have to go back to clipper ships! However, just because you get off on solid wings and foiling doesn't mean the rest of the world gives any more flying fucks about sailing, even if it's paying to be on TV!

On the other hand: I'd watch block and tackle J class mark roundings all day long!!!!! Even if they used those new 'winch' thingies!

Got a link for this 'winch' you speak of?

On 5/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, Tornado-Cat said:

This is ridiculous. In what sort of world does a starboard-port t-bone result in the starboard boat being thrown out?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, crashtack said:

This is ridiculous. In what sort of world does a starboard-port t-bone result in the starboard boat being thrown out?

Not only that it sets a precedent that a port tacker can force a starboard to tack for collision avoidance. It takes no account of the nature of the boats and event. The existing rule is geared to relatively slow boats, ie under 20 or so knots. 

Additionally, it now becomes subjective to the judge's interpretations which is exactly what you don't want in this kind of series.

I guess I don't mind the penalty that much, they are trying to keep the boats apart I guess.

Where it will turn to shit is the first time a Starboard boat bails out of a situation and the Port guy gets off because the judge says it wasn't going to be an issue.

Then there will be that grey area where no one will know what's going on.

6 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

Not only that it sets a precedent that a port tacker can force a starboard to tack for collision avoidance. It takes no account of the nature of the boats and event. The existing rule is geared to relatively slow boats, ie under 20 or so knots. 

Additionally, it now becomes subjective to the judge's interpretations which is exactly what you don't want in this kind of series.

exactly

Starboard tack right of way is sacrosant - and he held his course. at this point you can see that it was a very late move and JS had no time to react to that movement. The comms on japan was, we're easily crossing. it's close, let's duck, not tack tack invert.  - maybe the 0.5 second taken to setup the tack could have avoided it if NO just swung it over - i don't know if a crash tack is possible on these machines.  

so what's the answer?

*all skippers get together and agree with a statement that this call is bollocks and it is the job of the Port tack boat to avoid? I'm not sure who the jury are and their experience, but i think a unified call like this would be safer for everyone

* software with collision detection? as far fetched as this sounds, and not really wanting to make the boats even more complex, but maybe a light indicating you have a port tacker/starboard tacker coming would give more time for the decision making? 

• Like 1
On 5/30/2021 at 11:07 AM, kunos said:

just add the guy to ignore list.

I did and the thread is now much more pleasurable to read.

exactly, here is spamming another thread and no one taking the bait. if all active posters can just ignore him then he can shout into a wall for all he likes

image.png.86e60ed1d3a66aa13c840bbe2a481f69.png

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, shebeen said:

* software with collision detection? as far fetched as this sounds, and not really wanting to make the boats even more complex, but maybe a light indicating you have a port tacker/starboard tacker coming would give more time for the decision making? 

The umpire software likely already does this, it would be a good improvement on the boats I think, don't give any data on the cross, just within a certain radius and on collision course with their safety zones, start flashing a light on both boats.

5 hours ago, chesirecat said:

I think technically the umpires are correct. But I think you are right. Look at AUS Vs UK in the same regatta. Ben did avoid a collision, and Aus just had to drop back 2 lengths. Had they not been able to force Ben to tack I think they could have easily list more than 2 lengths. I'm not saying they did it deliberately, but someone could.

6 hours ago, shebeen said:

exactly, here is spamming another thread and no one taking the bait. if all active posters can just ignore him then he can shout into a wall for all he likes

He is not even trolling, we should report it as spam. I don't know how long SA wand to use bandwith bandwidth for spamming.

7 hours ago, chesirecat said:

It really does not set any new precedent.   In general there should never be need for a collision.  The rules are that boats must avoid collisions where they can. If a starboard boat has to alter course to avoid a port tack boat or (in this case) a boat that was tacking then the port tacking boat is penalized, and stbd keeps going after course alteration..

If a port tacker deliberately forced stbd to tack??? We enter the realms of Rule 2 then.

Isn't whatever precedent it is only for this single-owner sailing entertainment enterprise?  They changed rules before about crews, etc.  and can again. That's what owned means. 

What the fuss internally is about is a couple of points toward $1 million.

28 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Training in Taranto, who said there was no wind ? Impressive even at a distance.

I said it because that was the forecast for SATURDAY and SUNDAY.. never said anything about today.

And no.. I don't produce the forecast, various simulations do.. all I did was reporting the info..  and they were projecting very light winds for the weekend.. right now the projection moved up into the 8-9kn range for both days. .which is a good thing.

I think we're all hoping there will be perfect conditions for great racing on the weekend.. there's no need to be an ass about it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, shebeen said:

This thread is spamming the forum.

3 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

He is not even trolling, we should report it as spam. I don't know how long SA wand to use bandwith bandwidth for spamming.

And this entire thread is spam.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:46 AM, Forourselves said:

Enjoy:)

Old news. We've all seen this shit months ago. And if you're not Kiwi you're not going to be wanking to this anymore. Better if you could post some current sailing shit. You got me into SailGP and I thank you so any other thing sailing related might be good.

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

And this entire thread is spam.

The funny thing is all your super informative fun sailing vids that you are posting? No one Can see them as you are blocked by the majority :lol:

muggy behaviour 

6 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

The funny thing is all your super informative fun sailing vids that you are posting? No one Can see them as you are blocked by the majority :lol:

muggy behaviour 

Like I said... i dont care what anyone else thinks. Never have, never will. This thread is spam do i might as well do with it what I want

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Sums you up perfectly 

Indeed! I wonder if anyone could get the Mods here to take him out because as you said it is really Spamming at the Highest Order from him and all because he doesn't like this Thread in the AC Forum!

If it continues I will lodge in a formal complaint via eMail!

17 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Indeed! I wonder if anyone could get the Mods here to take him out because as you said it is really Spamming at the Highest Order from him and all because he doesn't like this Thread in the AC Forum!

Funny to see that he is trashing a forum financed by Kiwi company Southern Spars, not sure it's in the interest of SA and their sponsor.

45 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

From Great Britain SailGP Team

195177338_1066895860384097_350662849657940217_n.jpg

At last, back to the boats! :)    Nice pic showing the twist in the flap.... presumably this is in Taranto.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Im not wrong tho. You cry babies getting your knickers in a knot because im posti g things here that have nothing to do with SailGP, yet SailGP has nothing to do with the Americas Cup but you want this thread to stay here. Fine, but whats good for one is good for everyone. You want a thread that has nothing to do with the AC in the AC forum, just because, im going to post things that have nothing to do with SailGP in the SailGP thread, just because. 
Neither of us are going to get what we want so STFU and stop being a cry baby.

OT again...  the Swiss are trying to beat Paul Larsen's still-standing record on SailRocket, using a similar technique.  They produce lovely CGI videos, but their biggest barrier is still developing foils that can deal with the degree of cavitation.  I have some doubts...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

OT again...  the Swiss are trying to beat Paul Larsen's still-standing record on SailRocket, using a similar technique.  They produce lovely CGI videos, but their biggest barrier is still developing foils that can deal with the degree of cavitation.  I have some doubts...

Cool, really cool. I have my doubts that a kite counts for the purists.

Can we keep this thread to sailgp please? You seem reasonable enough to try keep this thread from getting hijacked

3 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

Then they just need to develop foils that operate in that area, as Paul did 

he laid the pathway and showed everyone how to go fast, it’s a mystery why no one else picked up the batten for so long, money and backing at a guess. 

rooting for both the Swiss and French teams as I have competed with members of each team. (Soundly beaten by them) 

swiss tested scale models months ago as proof of concept, French one looks mad but will be able to gybe so not a one trick tack) pony 

33 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Remind me what the main crew changes are this weekend:

I know Ben is out and Goody is in his place. What were the others?

Turling are out as they sail their 49ers for Tokyo - replace by Swiss ex 49er driver with unpronounceable surname and someone else on FC. can't believe there isn't a second helm option in NZ, what would have happened at the AC if pete got hit by a bus during the match?

18 minutes ago, shebeen said:

can't believe there isn't a second helm option in NZ,

There are plenty of helming options from NZ, but Wussell decides who steers what in this comp. It's a private racing thingy, with no transparency whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
3 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Then they just need to develop foils that operate in that area, as Paul did 

he laid the pathway and showed everyone how to go fast, it’s a mystery why no one else picked up the batten for so long, money and backing at a guess. 

rooting for both the Swiss and French teams as I have competed with members of each team. (Soundly beaten by them) 

swiss tested scale models months ago as proof of concept, French one looks mad but will be able to gybe so not a one trick tack) pony 

I was actually Swiss-born, so they have my best wishes.  And probably would regardless of nationality, for having a go.

Paul Larsen eventually used a base ventilated foil, but I don't know if that will suffice for their target of 80 knots. They may have to go for a super-ventilated foil, which will be very sensitive to get to perform.  I've asked them about this, they might reply as they've done before.

So there is a French attempt that I've missed?  Link pls. :)