6 hours ago, Vin said:

I think this is a major part of the problem. The cynicism is such a drag. It seems like 99% of the comments are always negative.

Bingo. Its exhausting the petty bitching back and forth.

I fucking love the Americas cup, am a die hard ETNZ fan. I've also stayed up late and found a good VPN so I could watch both events of SailGP. 

Like what you like, don't be a cunt. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to stop and take a photo of this today (not like I'm pushed for time during lockdown ). Looks like my youngest likes SailGP. Perhaps the boats are just easier to build with lego than the foiling

I've never been annoyed this much watching otherwise excellent racing or in fact any sailing ever.  The sailors and sailing are awesome, boats are good for trashing around short courses - how can

Some of you are truly amusing. Let's start with a simple truth. This event was probably the best televised sailing I have ever seen. Sure, there is room for improvement but the racing was epic, t

Posted Images

Yep the front page story is spot on.

What is not mentioned though is the lack of passion.  At club level we have the egos and regular competition, plenty passion.  At State and National level no shortage either.

So when it becomes professional, the only thing left is the money, great incentive, but no passion.  It shows.

Oh and the talking head stuff in the lead up?  It's sick shit, turning the sailors into actors and they aren't, clearly.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TimmyHate said:

I fucking love the Americas cup, am a die hard ETNZ fan. I've also stayed up late and found a good VPN so I could watch both events of SailGP. 

Particularly dislike the dickwad New Zealanders that have been on here for years spouting the same boring shit 

4 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

This by Mozzy was almost certainly posted above somewhere but it's a new watch for me. Pretty good!

Thanks Sting, Mozzy said he was going to do the video, but didn't post it yet, afaik.

Pretty good indeed, but need to watch it again without the bloody kids interfering. No school here till July, at least.

6 hours ago, TimmyHate said:

As long as this is an across the board thing, I COMPLETELY agree. The problem is, some SailGP fans who shat on everything NZ (and still do) from the new class, to ETNZ being unfair, to GD arguing with GD, to fraud, to misappropriation of public money, to shopping the venue out, to selling out NZ, while at the same time saying “don’t be cynical or negative about SailGP or ill get the mods on you”. Don’t be a cunt and you wont have deal with others being a cunt to you. Pretty simple really.

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

As long as this is an across the board thing, I COMPLETELY agree. The problem is, some SailGP fans who shat on everything NZ (and still do) from the new class, to ETNZ being unfair, to GD arguing with GD, to fraud, to misappropriation of public money, to shopping the venue out, to selling out NZ, while at the same time saying “don’t be cynical or negative about SailGP or ill get the mods on you”. Don’t be a cunt and you wont have deal with others being a cunt to you. Pretty simple really.

You're by far the biggest cunt here. What is your goal by shitting on things other people are interested in that are directly related to the AC? The "I know you are, but what am I" thing you do didn't even work in kindergarten yet you keep on with it. Just because somebody sometime in the past shit on your precious GD or ENTZ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pusslicker said:

You're by far the biggest cunt here. What is your goal by shitting on things other people are interested in that are directly related to the AC? The "I know you are, but what am I" thing you do didn't even work in kindergarten yet you keep on with it. Just because somebody sometime in the past shit on your precious GD or ENTZ?

Blah blah oh so SailGP is directly related to the AC now? 12 months ago it had nothingvto do with the AC, and now its directly related. Like i said... consistency. If youre gonna shit on the AC, and/ or ETNZ,  dont cry foul when someone shits on things you enjoy. 

27 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Blah blah oh so SailGP is directly related to the AC now? 12 months ago it had nothingvto do with the AC, and now its directly related. Like i said... consistency. If youre gonna shit on the AC, and/ or ETNZ,  dont cry foul when someone shits on things you enjoy. 

Just so you are clear. I have never shat on the AC, ETNZ, or GD. Now please stop being a twat.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, pusslicker said:

The only thing FailGP has that is related to the AC, is the technology they ripped-off for potential private gain.

It's not sailing, it's a traveling circus, the sailors have been debased into performing monkeys.

11 hours ago, Randorm said:

So when it becomes professional, the only thing left is the money, great incentive, but no passion.  It shows

That's not true. It is true that when your hobby becomes your job it can lose some of the enjoyment. You are spending so much time trying to get it right-practising again and again long after the weekend sailors are in the bar or home with their family. Of course it changes your relationship with the sport. But these are all competitive characters- the passion to win is still there. It's not just about the money

21 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

That's not true. It is true that when your hobby becomes your job it can lose some of the enjoyment. You are spending so much time trying to get it right-practising again and again long after the weekend sailors are in the bar or home with their family. Of course it changes your relationship with the sport. But these are all competitive characters- the passion to win is still there. It's not just about the money

Professional egotistical competitiveness and amateur passion are not the same thing.

31 minutes ago, Randorm said:

It's not sailing, it's a traveling circus, the sailors have been debased into performing monkeys.

And thank goodness it's SailGP and NOT the AC. Had ETNZ not won Bermuda 2017.... well, it hardly bears thinking about.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, random. said:

Professional egotistical competitiveness and amateur passion are not the same thing.

No, they aren't. I said as much. But it's not just about the money which is what you asserted

13 hours ago, Potter said:

Just so you are clear. I have never shat on the AC, ETNZ, or GD. Now please stop being a twat.

I'm glad you made that clear. They know who they are.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:26 PM, Vin said:

It seems like 99% of the comments are always negative.

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

• Like 2

FailGP is going the same way as the superfoilers.

Remember this?

The Extreme Sailing Series (ESS) (formerly the iShares Cup) was an annual global racing series, organised by OC Sport, which ran from 2007 to 2018.

The series started in 2007 with its main attraction being the stadium racing which puts the race course inside a stadium environment for the ease of spectators' viewing.[1]

Many of the sailors taking part in the series were around-the-world yachtsmen, Olympic medallists, America's Cup sailors, World and European champions and even world record holders.[2][3]

The series was terminated in 2019 after the event became financially nonviable and OC Sport were unable to secure a management buy-out.

1 hour ago, random. said:

FailGP is going the same way as the superfoilers.

Remember this?

The Extreme Sailing Series (ESS) (formerly the iShares Cup) was an annual global racing series, organised by OC Sport, which ran from 2007 to 2018.

The series started in 2007 with its main attraction being the stadium racing which puts the race course inside a stadium environment for the ease of spectators' viewing.[1]

Many of the sailors taking part in the series were around-the-world yachtsmen, Olympic medallists, America's Cup sailors, World and European champions and even world record holders.[2][3]

The series was terminated in 2019 after the event became financially nonviable and OC Sport were unable to secure a management buy-out.

The odds of success for sailing as a spectator sport are stacked against it. However, Sail GP has considerably better odds than Extreme Sailing Series. It is better funded, better boats, better competitive line up, better racing and better streaming coverage.   

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

The odds of success for sailing as a spectator sport are stacked against it. However, Sail GP has considerably better odds than Extreme Sailing Series. It is better funded, better boats, better competitive line up, better racing and better streaming coverage.   

It's only better funded for the moment. This will end immediately if Larry loses interest or when his age takes its toll. Then the series is in the same situation as the EXSS, looking for commercial sponsors or another rich benefactor. 

1 hour ago, Rennmaus said:

It's only better funded for the moment. This will end immediately if Larry loses interest or when his age takes its toll. Then the series is in the same situation as the EXSS, looking for commercial sponsors or another rich benefactor. 

Agreed.  I would even go so far as to say if LE stops funding it before it has become self sufficient, it will fold.  The odds of becoming self sufficient are tough but having the initial funding slightly improves hose odds. 

2 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

However, Sail GP has considerably better odds than Extreme Sailing Series. 

ESS lasted for 11 years. Team budgets were within reach for commercial sponsors and some wealthy individuals. SailGP is almost entirely funded by LE's largesse and  I bet it doesn't make its 10th birthday. Hey, it's fun to watch while it lasts.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

ESS lasted for 11 years. Team budgets were within reach for commercial sponsors and some wealthy individuals. SailGP is almost entirely funded by LE's largesse and  I bet it doesn't make its 10th birthday. Hey, it's fun to watch while it lasts.

So true.

6 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

image.png.375ac06075089b8d4ea4703175381ee0.png

Can someone explain the logic of posting in a thread just to repeat for the 100th time that you don't like [thread topic]? You don't have a contractual obligation to post in every thread on this forum.

• Like 1

^^The same reason why others post in the AC/ ETNZ threads about how much they disagree with the chosen boats, how stupid and expensive they are, how much they hate Dalton, and/ or what he does, how wrong the TNZ funding model is and how the AC75 would only see one cycle.

SailGP is definitely trying to achieve scale and viewership that will justify much bigger outlays from sponsors than ESS was able to achieve rather than growing within their means. Basically a venture capital strategy.

Both are valid strategies and the deck is stacked against any sailing series becoming a commercially valid prospect so both could do everything right and still fail.

All I know is that SailGP season 2 is providing some of the best televised sailing I've ever seen and I hope that continues.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, random. said:

image.png.375ac06075089b8d4ea4703175381ee0.png

Shame. Looks like it was a one season wonder.  I never heard of it.  I wonder where the boats are parked.

It does show what an incredible talent Glenn Ashby is. He is one large missing ingredient from Sail GP.

3 hours ago, crashtack said:

Can someone explain the logic of posting in a thread just to repeat for the 100th time that you don't like [thread topic]? You don't have a contractual obligation to post in every thread on this forum.

As opposed to those who do have a 'contractual obligation'?

You saying it's ok for people to pose as amateur fans when they really are commercial 'Influencers' because it needs talking up?

Is that not deception.  Lying in other words?

Then there are people who tell the truth like those you are attacking. People who object to the sport they love being debased and 'commoditised', and the people they admired turned into attractions at a Freak Show.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EYESAILOR said:

Shame. Looks like it was a one season wonder.  I never heard of it.  I wonder where the boats are parked.

It does show what an incredible talent Glenn Ashby is. He is one large missing ingredient from Sail GP.

So you don't know a lot about this stuff then. 

1 hour ago, random. said:

So you don't know a lot about this stuff then. 

Yup. I know next to nothing about the super foiler series. I did watch a 10 minute you tube this evening. Looked fun. Nathan O and Glenn Ashby were a frighteningly good combo.

Anyway it doesn’t seem to have survived. Website spoke about coming back in second half of 2019. I’m guessing covid was probably the death knell????

But you are correct I don’t know anything about the super foiler series. Never really heard of it and I enjoy watching high performance sailing. Never came across my radar screen.

58 minutes ago, random. said:

You saying it's ok for people to pose as amateur fans when they really are commercial 'Influencers' because it needs talking up?

Then there are people who tell the truth like those you are attacking. People who object to the sport they love being debased and 'commoditised', and the people they admired turned into attractions at a Freak Show.

A professional sport... commoditised? No... please say it ain't so! How could this happen??????

please, oh ye brave crusader for light and justice in sailing, please stop this from happening by constantly posting about how you don't like Larry Ellison on an internet forum where people are just trying to discuss regattas. You're our only hope!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, idontwan2know said:

SailGP is definitely trying to achieve scale and viewership that will justify much bigger outlays from sponsors than ESS was able to achieve rather than growing within their means. Basically a venture capital strategy.

Both are valid strategies and the deck is stacked against any sailing series becoming a commercially valid prospect so both could do everything right and still fail.

All I know is that SailGP season 2 is providing some of the best televised sailing I've ever seen and I hope that continues.

Nailed it.

Given the eye-watering sums behind this SailGP series there's absolutely no reason to think it will not keep growing better and better.

Yes, the ESS lasted 'only' ten years (! a long time for a series like this) but here with continuing new wings and foils developments and even teams coming, what the hell is there to not be excited about? We could even see a whole new class of boats in due course. The series Rocks! We may as well laugh and enjoy it :)

2 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

You are looking at the future of yet another attempt at cashing in on what used to be other people's fun.

7 hours ago, random. said:

You really think LE would waste money on "commercial influencers" on a forum like this where with all respect to SA the audience is so tiny?

Who are you accusing?

21 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

You really think LE would waste money on "commercial influencers" on a forum like this where with all respect to SA the audience is so tiny?

Who are you accusing?

The forum is indexed for google searches, it's global, you really don't get this shit mate.

If you were a manufacturer or event organiser in the boat or sailing industry, you care what is said here.  If you don't believe me, ask the Owner about his experience with legal threats.

Maybe he should have pointed out the 'tiny' audience to them.

8 hours ago, random. said:

If you are saying there are any such on SAAC, I call BS. We are all here talking bollocks in our own time.

If you actually have any evidence for such a claim, I'm sure we'd be fascinated to hear it.

23 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

If you are saying there are any such on SAAC, I call BS. We are all here talking bollocks in our own time.

If you actually have any evidence for such a claim, I'm sure we'd be fascinated to hear it.

SAAC?  I was talking about the FailGP threads in particular, but the same shit applies everywhere, across the interweb.  Why would this place be any different.  We even have one in PA who admitted it.

You calling bullshit does nothing to discount the claim or make it go away.  It's just how it is here.

Next you will try to tell me that the site owner isn't making any money from the ads.  He's just standing this up for fun, right?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, random. said:

SAAC?  I was talking about the FailGP threads in particular, but the same shit applies everywhere, across the interweb.  Why would this place be any different.  We even have one in PA who admitted it.

You calling bullshit does nothing to discount the claim or make it go away.  It's just how it is here.

Next you will try to tell me that the site owner isn't making any money from the ads.  He's just standing this up for fun, right?

Fuck me rand, you've snuck up into the positive likes! Last thing I remember you were minus 300 or so...

Nice :D

6 minutes ago, barfy said:

Fuck me rand, you've snuck up into the positive likes! Last thing I remember you were minus 300 or so...

Nice :D

It was that fucking recently banned Jack Sparrow who used his socks to down-vote me for bagging Witty in the VOR thread.  Everyone else just fucking loves me, of course!  Well maybe not Larry Ellison, or Spithill or ... there's a few, but I digress.

Jack's attack was so severe that it triggered the down-vote limit of 20 per day to be imposed.  Got +1000 down before he was stopped.  But it's proof I was being effective, got under his skin.   I sacrificed myself for the good of the forum, just the kind of guy I am.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3
53 minutes ago, random. said:

So you don't in fact have any evidence that someone on SAAC gets paid to post here. The rest of your reply is just whataboutery.

1 minute ago, dogwatch said:

So you don't in fact have any evidence that someone on SAAC gets paid to post here. The rest of your reply is just whataboutery.

There are professional 'influencers' on these boards, they are anonymous, what "proof" could be gleaned?

The best analogy I can give you is "you and I are the only two in an elevator.  You drop a silent and deadly fart.  I complain bitterly and call you a dirty filthy cunt.  You deny it claiming I have no proof that a methane containing gas actually passed from your sphincter.  No photos!"

That's what dirty steeeekin shills do hear.   Shit all over our intelligence, in plain sight, then deny they did.  No proof.

I watched Bermuda and Taranto, and my personal take on SGP is that's really funny when there are three boats on the race course. When there's the entire fleet I find it a little "crowded", the course should be bigger. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, I'm happy to have something like this to watch, in the absence of the AC. Great boats and some of the best sailors. I still prefer AC75s, but that's another story. 

11 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

Nice enough.

Rolex has joined Oracle as a co-sponsor of all the boats, was that new starting in Italy?

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Nice enough.

Rolex has joined Oracle as a co-sponsor of all the boats, was that new starting in Italy?

Didn't they all have ROLEX logo on the boats Season 1?  It might just be nice watches for management, lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, crashtack said:

Are the onboard/alternative camera angles available anywhere other than the app? Would be nice to view on a big screen

That is true of so many apps that it's worth figuring out how to cast everything from your phone onto a big screen. I use Chromecast, works great.

6 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

I use Chromecast, works great.

Chromecast has a built in Youtube app, so it would bypass my Chrome VPN extension, and thus would be geo blocked. It meant watching on my desktop as opposed to the telly.

1 hour ago, Horn Rock said:

Chromecast has a built in Youtube app, so it would bypass my Chrome VPN extension, and thus would be geo blocked. It meant watching on my desktop as opposed to the telly.

I have a long HDMI cord running through half of my living room. Not really stumbling safe, but it works well. 

14 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

What is Chromecast? :D:lol:

who-the-fuck-xxss28.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

You can Chromecast from a PC too.

I normally do....but as I said, Chromecast has a built in Youtube app, so even though I was successfully watching the event on Youtube on my Desktop with a vpn, that vpn was bypassed when using the Chromecast  Youtube app. I hope this makes sense......

28 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

What is Chromecast? :D:lol:

Assuming this to be a real question, it's a little gadget that plugs into the HDMI port of a TV and sits listening on WiFi. Various (most) phone, tablet apps can send it video so you can watch on TV rather than a little screen. PCs can also transmit to it e.g. from Chrome. Cheap and convenient.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Assuming this to be a real question, it's a little gadget that plugs into the HDMI port of a TV and sits listening on WiFi. Various (most) phone, tablet apps can send it video so you can watch on TV rather than a little screen. PCs can also transmit to it e.g. from Chrome. Cheap and convenient.

Google ingenuity to harvest more of your life, has no limits.

Who would have thought that punters would actually pay to have details of their every move and utterance sold to the highest bidder?  They actually pay for the devices and install them in their homes!

Latest invasion for me was from Apple.  Although I have siri off, etc etc, a mate called me all excited that his new 3D printer had arrived.  He described the media he ordered to print stuff.

I got home 20 mins later to find that all the ads on my favorite sites were pushing 3D printer stuff at me.  This was not a coincidence, most people have many stories like that.

No other devices are live in my place.

1 hour ago, Rennmaus said:

What is Chromecast?

It's essentially a little Android computer in dongle form.....they work well...I stream from my PC to it.....

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, random. said:

all the ads on my favorite sites

Reading cookies, browsing history, google searches......It's been like this for ages....doesn't bother me....in fact cookies let you know where you've been.....

1 hour ago, Horn Rock said:

Reading cookies, browsing history, google searches......It's been like this for ages....doesn't bother me....in fact cookies let you know where you've been.....

Don't think you understood what I said.

There was no browsing history, only an incoming phone call.

I got Mr Clew Chromecast for Christmas.  It seized our TV input and we could not switch it back to the cable.  Had to unplug Chromecast from TV and power source.  Never again. 

21 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

I got Mr Clew Chromecast for Christmas.  It seized our TV input and we could not switch it back to the cable.  Had to unplug Chromecast from TV and power source.  Never again. 

If you have a TV with an Android operating system it already has Chromecast built in, adding a second Chromecast to the TV could produce interesting results.

4 hours ago, random. said:

Don't think you understood what I said.

There was no browsing history, only an incoming phone call.

I read a really good explanation on this, that basically said.... The phone does not record the coversation, but knows you spoke to x who had looked up y, therefore there is a chance of mutual interests. So you get ads for y. 

Same goes for if you are in proximity to someone who searches for product y, you are then likely to get ads for that product. 

Much better explained here: 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

If you have a TV with an Android operating system it already has Chromecast built in, adding a second Chromecast to the TV could produce interesting results.

Hah they didn't have Chrome when we got our tv.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

On my system the dongle is plugged into an HDMI input and the TV switches to that input automatically when your (whatever) device starts casting to it. I have have to change the input back to cable after I want to go back. Unfortunately, doing that via my Comcast remote control seems impossible, so I just go to the TV and click the Input select button a couple times back to cable.  I don't use it often but it's great to have occasionally.

4 hours ago, Potter said:

I read a really good explanation on this, that basically said.... The phone does not record the coversation, but knows you spoke to x who had looked up y, therefore there is a chance of mutual interests. So you get ads for y. 

Sounds feasible.  But I did not claim that anything was 'recorded'.  It does not have to be.

For those who have voice activation on for their phone and or devices in their homes, the device is listening 24x7, it has to to listen for say 'Siri, what time is it?'.  It does not do anything for you until you say 'Siri', but that does not mean it cannot make a note that you used the word 'Gold' e.g.  I believe they do that based on my personal experience.

12 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

I normally do....but as I said, Chromecast has a built in Youtube app, so even though I was successfully watching the event on Youtube on my Desktop with a vpn, that vpn was bypassed when using the Chromecast  Youtube app. I hope this makes sense......

Rather than casting from the video directly, you can then cast the tab from Chrome on the desktop. That should work but YMMV on that (I have not tested) 

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but watching the USA onboards from the last race in Italy, it seems that the collision actually occurs about 10 seconds before they round the bottom gate, not when they leapt out of the water. This wasn't caught on the broadcast because they were showing Phil having a bad jibe.

Video starts around the last jibe to the bottom gate:

https://streamable.com/jsizio

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, crashtack said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but watching the USA onboards from the last race in Italy, it seems that the collision actually occurs about 10 seconds before they round the bottom gate, not when they leapt out of the water. This wasn't caught on the broadcast because they were showing Phil having a bad jibe.

Video starts around the last jibe to the bottom gate:

https://streamable.com/jsizio

Yes. The rudder must have been riding just fine in the water going straight-line, even when already broken at the top of the stock, until they then tried to use it with force for at that mark rounding.

14 hours ago, random. said:

Google ingenuity to harvest more of your life, has no limits.

Who would have thought that punters would actually pay to have details of their every move and utterance sold to the highest bidder?  They actually pay for the devices and install them in their homes!

Latest invasion for me was from Apple.  Although I have siri off, etc etc, a mate called me all excited that his new 3D printer had arrived.  He described the media he ordered to print stuff.

I got home 20 mins later to find that all the ads on my favorite sites were pushing 3D printer stuff at me.  This was not a coincidence, most people have many stories like that.

No other devices are live in my place.

Don't people use adblockers? I mean it's very easy to see zero ads nowadays. The only ads I see are along the road. Even NHL streams have no ads. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Don't people use adblockers? I mean it's very easy to see zero ads nowadays. The only ads I see are along the road. Even NHL streams have no ads. 

I am subscribing to the YouTube whatever-thing, the cost is around $15/mo. The painful waits for commercials during videos is gone, plus there's a YT Music thing included. And on an iPhone I can switch between apps and the YT app keeps playing so you can hear it. It has been worth it to me.

Privacy-wise, I keep a very low profile real-name-wise on the internet and on balance am okay with targeted advertising, it is sometimes even useful. 

8 hours ago, pusslicker said:

I think the objection was to gathering your data rather than being shown ads. And the devices are still gathering your data in exactly the same way even if you have adblockers, its just you don't see the results as much.

Its never caused me a problem either way

• Like 1

If that can't squeeze cash out of a Lamington for poor Slingers nothing will. Then they get a good paying Hobart ride to console themselves. 

27 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

If that can't squeeze cash out of a Lamington for poor Slingers nothing will. Then they get a good paying Hobart ride to console themselves. 

True, funding opportunities for AUS may be in play here. 

Seems obvious to me that LE is happy to fund this whole thing but if the teams want to earn above what the already-given team budgets are, then ‘more power to them!’ 

38 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

True, funding opportunities for AUS may be in play here. 

Seems obvious to me that LE is happy to fund this whole thing but if the teams want to earn above what the already-given team budgets are, then ‘more power to them!’ 

Seemed obvious from the " may find themselves in a difficult situation " tough talk at the beginning of the first second season, teams are expected to find sponsors. 

54 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Seemed obvious from the " may find themselves in a difficult situation " tough talk at the beginning of the first second season, teams are expected to find sponsors. 

Why worry about it? 

5 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Because that's my favorite team. Would hate for them to vanish like China.

If a country that first lifted the Cup from the US, has had enormous success in sailing, and is essentially a wealthy first-world country can't come up with the money to fund a SailGP team, maybe they don't deserve to be there.

Country no, people yes imo. After all,some of them defended the Cup for OTAUS, didn't they? But that's not turning into money because Australia didn't  win and US has Spithill's bost. Mercenaries got shafted as usual. 

3 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Because that's my favorite team. Would hate for them to vanish like China.

I mean, China just became Spain, no? They even kept the same shade of red on the boat