1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

When I say attacked I always mean via Social Media!

You can someone bully over there if you are clever enough.

And I want Nathan bullied over this until the France SailGP!

Wondered how any poster here could possibly end up with negative votes, but given your past few comments, I now understand. :angry:

• Like 1
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to stop and take a photo of this today (not like I'm pushed for time during lockdown ). Looks like my youngest likes SailGP. Perhaps the boats are just easier to build with lego than the foiling

i didnt bag the ac dipshit. quite strangely you identify yourself with that event and you feel like if someone bags on you, that means the event. i thought it was good. you on the other hand must be f

I've never been annoyed this much watching otherwise excellent racing or in fact any sailing ever.  The sailors and sailing are awesome, boats are good for trashing around short courses - how can

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

How do I deserve it? I wasn't Sailing on the Boat! I am not the one who said "When do they take their Penalty" prompting Ben telling Nathan to "Shut Up"! Nathan was! If Outteridge just kept quiet and not kept pounding on it no one would be mad at him!

No, you are an anonymous person on the Internet asking for someone to be bullied because you don't like what happened. That is definitely bringing the sport into disrepute... and astonishingly cowardly. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

How do I deserve it? I wasn't Sailing on the Boat! I am not the one who said "When do they take their Penalty" prompting Ben telling Nathan to "Shut Up"! Nathan was! If Outteridge just kept quiet and not kept pounding on it no one would be mad at him!

No-one is mad at him except you. You deserve it for calling for any of the sailors to be targeted in a social media campaign. Asimov wrote that violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. I think if he lived today he would realise that actually attacking via social media is.

The inept can attack the talented, the anonymous nobody can attack the famous.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

So you think it's ok to call for people to insult NO on social media, but when people do it to you you aren't happy? After all you seem to deserve it more

Repeatedly calling for the online harassment of a specific individual is obviously disgusting behavior.

Just report the posts and the mods will sort it out (yet again).

4 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

@JALhazmat

When I say attacked I always mean via Social Media!

You can someone bully over there if you are clever enough.

And I want Nathan bullied over this until the France SailGP!

I’m sorry, but I don’t think that is acceptable. Ever.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

Wondered how any poster here could possibly end up with negative votes, but given your past few comments, I now understand. :angry:

He's actually gone through multiple accounts over the years...

https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/profile/100689-alinghi4ever/

Gets booted, goes away for a few months, comes back promising to behave...

rince and repeat...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, rh3000 said:

He's actually gone through multiple accounts over the years...

https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/profile/100689-alinghi4ever/

Gets booted, goes away for a few months, comes back promising to behave...

rince and repeat...

Given the "Abbreviated Rules" linked at the top of the page, this probably won't happen again. Fair enough, it's their forum, so 'It is what it is.' :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

dg_s is a bit of a harmless nutter sometimes but in my years here there have been much worse :)

No doubt you're right, I've only been around here less than a year.

When I began participating in this forum, I made myself 3 rules:
Rule 1.    Don't join in on arguments
Rule 2.   Don't down vote other posters
Rule 3.   Don't put other posters on the 'Ignore' list.

I've only broken Rule 3 once previously;  4someone who was not only vexatious, but posted excessively, unable to quit any argument.  Broke Rules 1 and 2 yesterday though, over the inflammatory "bullying" posts.

But today's another day, just thinking of projects to occupy myself with, after hearing that Regional NSW (AUS) has extended the current COVID lock down for a further 2 weeks. ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

dg_s is a bit of a harmless nutter sometimes but in my years here there have been much worse :)

It's not an achievement... he's toxic enough to go...

On 8/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, Mozzy Sails said:

I find the wording of 18.3a weird, specifically the word 'faster'. I think questioning that is different from not knowing the rule. Its not language we see elsewhere in the RRS so is worth a comment in this thread. 

Regardless, the rule gives Nathan room to sail his proper course, that doesn't mean 'he owns the mark', and certainly he is still limited to where he can sail within the zone. If you don't understand that then I suggest you don't know the rule. 

GBR had given JPN the whole zone as room to tack in and round. I can't see one example where a boat has needed more than that (check out Denmark and GBR at the last mark in race one for analogous situation).

"that doesn't mean 'he owns the mark', " Exactly. 

Moving past this incident, am I the only one who thinks that a persistent "open channel" between the skippers would be pretty easy entertainment points for SGP? I got a good chuckle out of "shut up Nathan!"

• Like 1
On 8/23/2021 at 8:58 AM, Mozzy Sails said:

I wondered this. But, even if the zones been overlapping, then wouldn't have GBR got to the right hand mark zone inside and before JPN, so would have had full rights to room, plus the right as starboard boat to go to the mark of their choosing. 

JPN were clearly at the left mark zone first and inside, so undeniably entitled to room. But to my eye, it looks like GBR left the door open for JPN to go inside up to the point where JPN chose to duck GBR and head to the other mark.  
The only way I can see a foul being called is if the software includes some pre-set turn radius for room required to tack, which when applied to JPNs position as they got to the mark GBR were infringing. 

It's a shame the analytics page which shows the umpire screen is live only, and you can't rewind and it isn't up after the racing.

The app doesn't seem to have day 2 up yet, but on days one the zones for the marks didn't overlap. 

I think we are all agreed the penalty depends entirely on whether Ben left enough room for Nathan to round the mark. 

Nathan did not make an attempt to round the mark, so facts found is somewhat subjective, unless (as @Mozzy Sails suggests), the umpires have defined a set radius required for rounding. I think this is unlikely because so much depends on angle of approach.

My personal view is that Ben headed up significantly to create space and that he did not bear away until Nathan was clearly crossing behind Ben.  That if Nathan had luffed to round the mark, Ben could have luffed further to give even more room. Ben left enough room for Nathan to initiate the rounding.

However, the umpires were there on the water and made the call.

The banter on the water did not bother me. 

Ben thought it was a bad call. The professional move would have been to contain that thought, and take the penalty asap in order to allow time to regain 2nd (who knows how important that one point will be at the end of the series)....but he is human and vented.

Nor did Nathan's vent about taking the penalty late bother me. The incident was at the windward mark. Ben completed an entire leg, rounded another mark before taking the penalty. Ben was venting. Yeah Nathan was probably going to say something.

It is competitive racing out there and the banter is no worse than formula one.

It was a shame to see the Danish final decided in this way......but on to St Tropez!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, crashtack said:

Moving past this incident, am I the only one who thinks that a persistent "open channel" between the skippers would be pretty easy entertainment points for SGP? I got a good chuckle out of "shut up Nathan!"

Last summer I very much enjoyed when the baseball coverage mic'ed up a player in the field and they chatted with the announcers during the game while playing the field.

I think SGP would be better if the coverage was just the helms all being mic'ed. They could save all sorts of money and decision making. They wouldn't even have to have the pressers, so it would save viewer time too!

12 hours ago, rh3000 said:

It's not an achievement... he's toxic enough to go...

Kiwi Whiner like always. Maybe you & For should stick together because him & you are much more worse for this Community that I have ever been!

2 hours ago, nroose said:

Last summer I very much enjoyed when the baseball coverage mic'ed up a player in the field and they chatted with the announcers during the game while playing the field.

I think SGP would be better if the coverage was just the helms all being mic'ed. They could save all sorts of money and decision making. They wouldn't even have to have the pressers, so it would save viewer time too!

It would be cacophony. Helm, wing, and flight control talk among themselves constantly, just as you do on any raceboat, at least in closed-course racing.

Jeez... you go away for a few days and look what happens.

It seems it most be comes down to whether you think it should have been a penalty (I don't), but without the umpires input as to what rules were applied and why we can't make an informed judgement.

I don't necessarily like what Nathan did when he chipped in on the comms, but it was pretty low on the scale of things to object to...

17 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Nah you can get fucked

advocating anonymous attacks on someone you wouldn’t have the balls to even talk to let alone give shut to online. Is cunt behaviour 

you haven’t even given him shit on Twitter you little shit stain

What the hell are you talking about?  I’m not even on Twitter.

• Like 1

^hazmat needs to cover one eye before he starts attacking, he obviously thought you were someone else.

The main com loop would be interesting to hear in the finals, it was in the AC.  I agree it would be like listening to chipmunks argue in the fleet racing.

11 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

It was a shame to see the Danish final decided in this way......but on to St Tropez!

It was a very cool moment to see DEN win the first race on Day 1. Loved it.

I wonder if, because of MIQ and such, the TNZ team will be staying in Europe for the next event, maybe even sailing something on the course in St Tropez? 

3 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

It was a very cool moment to see DEN win the first race on Day 1. Loved it.

I wonder if, because of MIQ and such, the TNZ team will be staying in Europe for the next event, maybe even sailing something on the course in St Tropez? 

Whatever their further plans are, I bet Nicolai has already been partying with his VOR buddies. He must have some Danish cowgirls on his farm.

2068117054_images(4).jpeg.71e85ecc19c525e24a72836ceaa647fa.jpeg

• Like 1

The BS call is just another feather in the cap of how fantastic, awesome and relatable SGP makes sailing to the masses - whom already don't know or give 2 fucks about anyway....... 

SGP YouTube Views to date:

Day 1: 223K

Day 2: 335K

I'm sure Russell and the PR crew will turn that into several billion impressions as they push the boundaries of sustainability while transporting 85 containers around the world!!!!!

yet

Ozzy Man Review's get about 1M views -  in 24 hours

Project Binky gets 440K views in a week

333k for the Tally Ho in 5 days

840K views in a week on F1 about Lando Norris and George Russell racing against their AI's in a fucking video game!!!

2 hours ago, Liquid said:

The BS call is just another feather in the cap of how fantastic, awesome and relatable SGP makes sailing to the masses - whom already don't know or give 2 fucks about anyway....... 

SGP YouTube Views to date:

Day 1: 223K

Day 2: 335K

I'm sure Russell and the PR crew will turn that into several billion impressions as they push the boundaries of sustainability while transporting 85 containers around the world!!!!!

yet

Ozzy Man Review's get about 1M views -  in 24 hours

Project Binky gets 440K views in a week

333k for the Tally Ho in 5 days

840K views in a week on F1 about Lando Norris and George Russell racing against their AI's in a fucking video game!!!

Binky and Tally Ho... 100%

9 hours ago, accnick said:

What the hell are you talking about?  I’m not even on Twitter.

For some reason I picked up your quote not dg sailing cunt.

Apologies to you for the confusion! 

9 hours ago, barfy said:

^hazmat needs to cover one eye before he starts attacking, he obviously thought you were someone else.

The main com loop would be interesting to hear in the finals, it was in the AC.  I agree it would be like listening to chipmunks argue in the fleet racing.

Was a genuine fuck up for  which I have held my hand up 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

For some reason I picked up your quote not dg sailing cunt.

Apologies to you for the confusion! 

No problem. I figured that had to be the case.

Marie Riou, Season 1 flight controller for SailGP France and so far first and only female to race in an F50 regatta, is back to ocean racing.  Translateed by Google. 

Press release
Les Essarts-en-Bocage, August 13, 2021

TRANSAT JACQUES VABRE 2021:
Amélie Grassi and Marie Riou,
as a duo on the Class40 La Boulangère Bio

TO REMEMBER : 
> Amélie Grassi takes Marie Riou aboard La Boulangère Bio
> The two skippers will take part in their first Transat Jacques Vabre
> This will be the first race of the Reason plan
> A 100% female duo that aims for performance and sharing

ba622611caf256d658abb9badf6da93f90609dc2

For the Transat Jacques Vabre, her very first race with her Class40 La Boulangère Bio, Amélie Grassi has chosen to partner with a talented sailor, Marie Riou. As comfortable on an Olympic catamaran as on a 60-foot IMOCA, the Brestoise has dreamed of doing this race for a very long time. A talented sailor and inspiring woman, she was the ideal profile for Amélie and Christophe Aillet, Managing Director of La Boulangère. Marie didn't hesitate when Amélie called her. Highly motivated, the two women are in a hurry: to be on the starting line next November 7 off Le Havre.

As soon as the Class40 project was validated with La Boulangère Bio, Amélie and Christophe Aillet were already discussing the pair for the Transat Jacques Vabre. “Christophe immediately asked me who I wanted to do the Transat Jacques Vabre with, I felt he had something in his head. I have always dreamed of doing this kind of race and I also had my shortlist. I tell him: give me the name and he tells me Marie Riou. It's crazy because she was in my top 5! » Explains the skipper of La Boulangère Bio.

a0bba4cd7aea14fbb11a61c175cbb1e5660e2bad

Quadruple world champion in Nacra 17, winner of the Volvo Ocean Race 2018 with Dongfeng Race Team, teammate on the French F50 on Sail GP, Marie Riou is one of the best international sailors. She was also a member of the Diam24 OD La Boulangère crew on the Tour Voile. The story with the bread and pastries maker, leader on the organic market is therefore restarting and Marie is making a dream come true with this new adventure.“I have always wanted to do this transatlantic race. Double-handed and offshore sailing attracts me a lot. Taking the start on a latest generation boat, a sister ship of the Class40s that we currently find at the forefront of the races, is great. It will be nice to cross on a new, fast boat. I had the opportunity to go sailing for a day with Ian Lipinski on the same boat. Off Lorient, we reached 22-23 knots, it was magical! » Enthuses Marie.

> "I didn't ask myself a question, I said yes right away"

Even though the two women did not know each other personally, Amélie and Marie have followed each other's journey and are in awe of each other's experiences. “I think Marie is a talented person who knows how to appropriate any boat and make it go fast,” says Amélie. “She will have a lot to contribute to the project in discovering this new Class40 and then getting the best out of it. Marie is one of the most capable and versatile women in ocean racing and in Olympics. »

Marie, she did not hesitate a minute before agreeing to join the La Boulangère Bio project:“I had already heard of Amélie but we did not know each other personally. I knew she had made a nice Mini Transat, from the Figaro Bénéteau. I didn't ask myself any questions, I said yes right away! ". With this 100% female duo, La Boulangère Bio is strengthening its positioning with women with the aim of supporting them to accomplish stimulating, engaging and inspiring projects. If Amélie and Marie will form an expected team in terms of performance, they also want to share their adventure to encourage each woman to embark on her own project.“We already know Marie at La Boulangère since she was part of our Diam24 team. We have followed his exceptional career in France and internationally. And what we appreciate, beyond her expertise in sailing, is her spontaneity. Marie is a discreet woman, very humble compared to everything she has already achieved. She is passionate about sharing and this really corresponds to the values of La Boulangère. We are very proud to welcome her alongside Amélie ” explains Christophe Aillet.

On Sunday November 7 in Le Havre, the two sailors will set off for their very first Transat Jacques Vabre. Head for Martinique for a battle that promises to be intense on the water. The Class40 plateau is extremely high. La Boulangère Bio should be launched at the end of August. The two women will have a few weeks to take their marks and find their functioning. To see today the complicity which already unites Amélie and Marie, no doubt that the automatisms will be quickly put in place. The challenge will be to have fun to put this energy at the service of performance
  • Like 2
On 8/26/2021 at 9:27 AM, accnick said:

It would be cacophony. Helm, wing, and flight control talk among themselves constantly, just as you do on any raceboat, at least in closed-course racing.

Yeah. Perhaps if the helm was live mic to the coverage, that would change a little. And if it was just he helm, not as much of a cacophony.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:27 AM, accnick said:

Also, I was kinda joking, and I know they would never do this.

I had to stop and take a photo of this today (not like I'm pushed for time during lockdown :D). Looks like my youngest likes SailGP. Perhaps the boats are just easier to build with lego than the foiling monos?

DSC_0154-e.jpg

• Like 15

Late to the party, but I am surprised that I cannot find any reference to the reason why the umpires made the call on Ben. Everybody is focused on the boat and how far away from each other the boats are. That is not what the umpires look at. They look at a zone around the boat which is designed to ensure near misses aren't really that close at high speed, and Ben gained from that earlier in the season with the incident with the USA when the telemetry showed the USA would just have crossed. The problem in this case was that they weren't going that quickly, but imagine exactly the same incident in 20 knots of wind, with them both foiling at 30 knots. Short of having different rules for different conditions, you will always have situations like this, where benign conditions makes the rule look unnecessary. So the "zone" to concentrate on isn't the 3 boat lengths as such, but the extended zone around the boats

As for Ben's "shut up, Nathan", anybody who knows Ben would tell you that he would have forgotten he even said that before the end of the race. For all his "Angry Ben" on the water, he doesn't hold onto it off the water. In fact, people I have spoken to think it was rather mild by his standards. I guess SailGP needs to spice things up for the ratings.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:18 PM, Sea Breeze 74 said:

I had to stop and take a photo of this today (not like I'm pushed for time during lockdown :D). Looks like my youngest likes SailGP. Perhaps the boats are just easier to build with lego than the foiling monos?

DSC_0154-e.jpg

Foiling monos would need shag pile carpet to stay upright.  You need to upgrade your carpet to be more sea like or else your youngest boat development career will be stunted.

• Like 2
On 8/29/2021 at 7:18 AM, Sea Breeze 74 said:

DSC_0154-e.jpg

is that Nate all the way in the back?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, SimonN said:

As for Ben's "shut up, Nathan", anybody who knows Ben would tell you that he would have forgotten he even said that before the end of the race. For all his "Angry Ben" on the water, he doesn't hold onto it off the water. In fact, people I have spoken to think it was rather mild by his standards. I guess SailGP needs to spice things up for the ratings.

Yes, his lack of impulse control is what makes it so entertaining.  He's like an angry toddler.  It is almost endearing.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:51 PM, Wandering Geo said:

Na, he is in front, round mark going down wind :-)

Ha, was just about to say the same! Our favourite skippers (not fucking "Drivers") in SailGP are Burling, Robinson, and Outeridge in that order

9 hours ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

Ha, was just about to say the same! Our favourite skippers (not fucking "Drivers") in SailGP are Burling, Robinson, and Outeridge in that order

Robinson is not the Skipper, never has been.  Call him the helmsman if you want, but driver has been common parlance in sailing for the last couple of decades at least.

10 minutes ago, Potter said:

Robinson is not the Skipper, never has been.  Call him the helmsman if you want, but driver has been common parlance in sailing for the last couple of decades at least.

21st century so helmsperson not helmsman. Which is one good reason to use driver instead

• Like 1
1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

21st century so helmsperson not helmsman. Which is one good reason to use driver instead

Well, Robinson is clearly a helmsman or has he identified as something different? I would be a helmswoman. And If you don't know who is helming, you talk about a helmsperson. That easy, as Bob would say. 

Driver, especially in the subtitles, annoys me. It's so Formula 1, like kph. When will we start to talk about bolides ilo sailboats? 

7 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Well, Robinson is clearly a helmsman or has he identified as something different? I would be a helmswoman. And If you don't know who is helming, you talk about a helmsperson. That easy, as Bob would say. 

Driver, especially in the subtitles, annoys me. It's so Formula 1, like kph. When will we start to talk about bolides ilo sailboats? 

Straying a bit but

firstly this  was in the original context of referring to 3 people as drivers. Even though all were male, if you use helmsman in that context it can carry an implication that only men could helm these boats 

Secondly I have no knowledge of whether Robertson has identified as anything other than male. Helmsperson makes no implication. Whereas helmsman makes the assumption he has not or has no preference.

So Helmsperson (or driver) would now be preferable as it avoids such implications or assumptions

3 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I want to see the foiling support boats rush out and change the race boat's foils midrace in under a minute, 

They should also have to charge the on board batteries while replacing the foils, and the batteries should have the ability to catch fire if you don't hook up the leads right.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I want to see the foiling support boats rush out and change the race boat's foils midrace in under a minute, 

Under a minute!?

F1 does 4 tires, fuel and aero adjustments under 3 seconds!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Liquid said:

Under a minute!?

F1 does 4 tires, fuel and aero adjustments under 3 seconds!

@Liquid No fueling  :D

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Re the Helmsman/Helmsperson/Driver discussion: Can't it just be "Helm"? Seems easier and less awkward to me.

Yeah. Just like 'knots'. It's too complicated for the great unwashed though, according to SailGP. 

Just on the kph thing. Pretty sure I heard one of the commentators covert kph to mph for the 'audience' too. It's obviously all very complicated. ;-)

On 8/22/2021 at 5:29 AM, Forourselves said:

If the Olympics are the most significant event, where are the Olympians? Burling and Tuke and the NZ team are the only olympians in SailGP.

did you seriously just say that, are you that much of a blind one sided moron? 

Spain - Florian Tritell, Diego Botin, Tara Pacheco, Jordi Xammar

Denmark - Ann-Marie Rindom, 

UK - Anna Burnet , Hanna mills

Australia - Jason Waterhouse

Japan - Leo Takahashi, Sena Takano

NZ - Pete burling, Blair Tuke, Erica Dawson, Josh Junior

And im sure ive missed a few, You dead set are a clown. 

4 minutes ago, agk470 said:

did you seriously just say that, are you that much of a blind one sided moron? 

Spain - Florian Tritell, Diego Botin, Tara Pacheco, Jordi Xammar

Denmark - Ann-Marie Rindom, 

UK - Anna Burnet , Hanna mills

Australia - Jason Waterhouse

Japan - Leo Takahashi, Sena Takano

NZ - Pete burling, Blair Tuke, Erica Dawson, Josh Junior

And im sure ive missed a few, You dead set are a clown. 

Ànd how many of those Olympians have a sailing team position? 

Florian Tritell was told by Russell Coutts that "He couldn't get on an F50 and helm it around a course. He'd be all wide eye'd and Ride height and stability would be all over the place" which is why Robertson is helming.

None of the women have so far made any of the sailing teams including Hannah Mills except Marie Riou who is no longer with the French team or SailGP.

Takahashi got replaced by an Italian, and Kasatani and Morishima are the A grinders on Japan.Erica Dawson also can't get on a boat.

Waterhouse is an Olympian, but he doesn't get the same treatment as a Pete Burling and Blair Tuke, or Jimmy Spithill or Nathan Outteridge though does he.

1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

Ànd how many of those Olympians have a sailing team position? 

Florian Tritell was told by Russell Coutts that "He couldn't get on an F50 and helm it around a course. He'd be all wide eye'd and Ride height and stability would be all over the place" which is why Robertson is helming.

None of the women have so far made any of the sailing teams including Hannah Mills except Marie Riou who is no longer with the French team or SailGP.

Takahashi got replaced by an Italian, and Kasatani and Morishima are the A grinders on Japan.Erica Dawson also can't get on a boat.

Waterhouse is an Olympian, but he doesn't get the same treatment as a Pete Burling and Blair Tuke, or Jimmy Spithill or Nathan Outteridge though does he.

Really, you want to go there, F$%# it i don't have anything to do right now. I'll bite. So lets go. 

Ànd how many of those Olympians have a sailing team position? ALL OF THEM DO

Spain - Florian Tritell Wing Trimmer, Diego Botin flight controller, Tara Pacheco 6 the sailor reserve , Jordi Xammar Driver in training to replace Phil ( right or wrong it probably will happen) 

Denmark - Ann-Marie Rindom 6 the sailor reserve 

UK - Anna Burnet 6 the sailor reserve, Hanna mills 6 the sailor reserve

Australia - Jason Waterhouse flight controller

Japan - Leo Takahashi grinder and trimmer, Sena Takano 6 the sailor reserve

NZ - Pete burling Driver , Blair Tuke Wing Trimmer, Erica Dawson 6 the sailor reserve , Josh Junior Grinder and trimmer

The current Women Athletes are doing so much more than your pea brain can comprehend, just because they have not yet been on for a race does not mean they do not seriously help and contribute to the racing and Teams, Through helping with tactics and strategy, Coaching debriefs and all round bloody legends, It's only a matter of time that you will see more integrated into the teams for racing hopefully as they are all well deserving members of the professional sailing team. 

Florian Tritell was told by Russell Coutts that "He couldn't get on an F50 and helm it around a course. He'd be all wide eye'd and Ride height and stability would be all over the place" which is why Robertson is helming. I know flo well and sure he may have not been up for the skipper right now we also do not know he isnt, he is also 3 year younger than Pete and more the rest so who knows where he will be then. you also do realise that for a large majority of the race the "Ride height and stability" are factors more lined with the flight controller and wing trimmer? another thing you probably cant understand as you are a lemon. 

Takahashi got replaced by an Italian, and Kasatani and Morishima are the A grinders on Japan.Erica Dawson also can't get on a boat. Takahashi did certainly get replaced by an experienced italian probably 20 years his senior with a stupid amount of experience, It seems that team Japan made changes for this season to try and get stability within an olympic year, Kasatani and Morrishima are 2 that have been involved from season one Sydney so integrating Leo back in I'm sure will just compliment the team. Leo is also only 22 and is showing a skill level well above his age. 

Waterhouse is an Olympian, but he doesn't get the same treatment as a Pete Burling and Blair Tuke, or Jimmy Spithill or Nathan Outteridge though does he. And what treatment would that be? No offence but you old mate Blair isn't exactly in the limelight, and frankly when you have a non biased look is doing a good job but shows he isn't exactly a seasoned wing trimmer, that would have been Glenn had they of been able to secure him. For the little amount of time Blair has been on the wing he is doing a good job but not in the same league(as he should not be be) with Jensen, Langford, Mcmillan,Draper and CJ who have years of wing trimming on him. This is not an attack on Blair, the guy is one of my favorite athletes, he just needs time in the seat, I would have kept him as flight and trained a wing trimmer hence only having to train one person on that boat. 

If you have not noticed the whole SailGP is about the helms, right or wrong. no different to any other sport or the AC for that matter, the Captain of the footy team talks in press conference, Skippers at the AC, Driver in car racing, behind each is an immeasurable amount of support and teamwork that goes into all sports. 

You have no idea about what happens and how much training the woman athletes are getting to help prepare them for whatever sailing positions the Teams want to use them in. like the reserve male sailors. Look at Kinley Fowler, I don't believe he sailed a race in season one(could be wrong there), did a huge amount of training and support work for the team and this season has been a major pivotal Team member for the team I'd say arguably being the rock that has won them at least one of the regattas being an all rounder.

It is so unbelievably short sighted of you and truly shows you actually have no idea. No one can say you do not have blind passion for your pin up boys Pete and Blair( both who are unbelievably talented people) but to be so incredibly biased that these other great athletes are nothing even after all competing at the olympics is just mind blowing. not to mention all the other World, National, VOR , AC and Ocean racing winners amongst other achievements that are spread through the fleet. 

A little bit of respect for the people involved is deserved, I know your small brain cannot fathom that but you need to sit down and eat some humble pie. 

also just a quirky point for you - Two of the Athletes that Team GB felt they did not need in sailGP went on to beat your pin up boys at the games, just to put into perspective the deep talent running through SailGP. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, agk470 said:

Really, you want to go there, F$%# it i don't have anything to do right now. I'll bite. So lets go. 

Ànd how many of those Olympians have a sailing team position? ALL OF THEM DO

Spain - Florian Tritell Wing Trimmer, Diego Botin flight controller, Tara Pacheco 6 the sailor reserve , Jordi Xammar Driver in training to replace Phil ( right or wrong it probably will happen) 

Denmark - Ann-Marie Rindom 6 the sailor reserve 

UK - Anna Burnet 6 the sailor reserve, Hanna mills 6 the sailor reserve

Australia - Jason Waterhouse flight controller

Japan - Leo Takahashi grinder and trimmer, Sena Takano 6 the sailor reserve

NZ - Pete burling Driver , Blair Tuke Wing Trimmer, Erica Dawson 6 the sailor reserve , Josh Junior Grinder and trimmer

The current Women Athletes are doing so much more than your pea brain can comprehend, just because they have not yet been on for a race does not mean they do not seriously help and contribute to the racing and Teams, Through helping with tactics and strategy, Coaching debriefs and all round bloody legends, It's only a matter of time that you will see more integrated into the teams for racing hopefully as they are all well deserving members of the professional sailing team. 

Florian Tritell was told by Russell Coutts that "He couldn't get on an F50 and helm it around a course. He'd be all wide eye'd and Ride height and stability would be all over the place" which is why Robertson is helming. I know flo well and sure he may have not been up for the skipper right now we also do not know he isnt, he is also 3 year younger than Pete and more the rest so who knows where he will be then. you also do realise that for a large majority of the race the "Ride height and stability" are factors more lined with the flight controller and wing trimmer? another thing you probably cant understand as you are a lemon. 

Takahashi got replaced by an Italian, and Kasatani and Morishima are the A grinders on Japan.Erica Dawson also can't get on a boat. Takahashi did certainly get replaced by an experienced italian probably 20 years his senior with a stupid amount of experience, It seems that team Japan made changes for this season to try and get stability within an olympic year, Kasatani and Morrishima are 2 that have been involved from season one Sydney so integrating Leo back in I'm sure will just compliment the team. Leo is also only 22 and is showing a skill level well above his age. 

Waterhouse is an Olympian, but he doesn't get the same treatment as a Pete Burling and Blair Tuke, or Jimmy Spithill or Nathan Outteridge though does he. And what treatment would that be? No offence but you old mate Blair isn't exactly in the limelight, and frankly when you have a non biased look is doing a good job but shows he isn't exactly a seasoned wing trimmer, that would have been Glenn had they of been able to secure him. For the little amount of time Blair has been on the wing he is doing a good job but not in the same league(as he should not be be) with Jensen, Langford, Mcmillan,Draper and CJ who have years of wing trimming on him. This is not an attack on Blair, the guy is one of my favorite athletes, he just needs time in the seat, I would have kept him as flight and trained a wing trimmer hence only having to train one person on that boat. 

If you have not noticed the whole SailGP is about the helms, right or wrong. no different to any other sport or the AC for that matter, the Captain of the footy team talks in press conference, Skippers at the AC, Driver in car racing, behind each is an immeasurable amount of support and teamwork that goes into all sports. 

You have no idea about what happens and how much training the woman athletes are getting to help prepare them for whatever sailing positions the Teams want to use them in. like the reserve male sailors. Look at Kinley Fowler, I don't believe he sailed a race in season one(could be wrong there), did a huge amount of training and support work for the team and this season has been a major pivotal Team member for the team I'd say arguably being the rock that has won them at least one of the regattas being an all rounder.

It is so unbelievably short sighted of you and truly shows you actually have no idea. No one can say you do not have blind passion for your pin up boys Pete and Blair( both who are unbelievably talented people) but to be so incredibly biased that these other great athletes are nothing even after all competing at the olympics is just mind blowing. not to mention all the other World, National, VOR , AC and Ocean racing winners amongst other achievements that are spread through the fleet. 

A little bit of respect for the people involved is deserved, I know your small brain cannot fathom that but you need to sit down and eat some humble pie. 

also just a quirky point for you - Two of the Athletes that Team GB felt they did not need in sailGP went on to beat your pin up boys at the games, just to put into perspective the deep talent running through SailGP. 

So you wrote a whole long winded response that basically says you agree with what i said.

SailGP doesn't consider Olympians as the best sailors in the world.

SailGP lists Olympians, but doesn't put them on the boat, just as it lists women, but also doesn't put them on the boat.

Dylan Fletcher, Stuart Bithell, Florian Tritell, Leonard Takahashi, Erica Dawson, Hannah Mills,  and Giles Scott aren't good enough to make any of the SailGP teams even though they're all Olympic Gold medalists or Olympians.

Russell Coutts himself said Florian wasn't good enough to helm even though its his name on the boat. 

Pete Burling, Jimmy Spithill, Nathan Outteridge, Tom Slingsby and Ben Ainslie are what SailGP considers the best sailors in the world. Its no coincidence that all of those sailors are all current or former Americas Cup winners.

I realise they all train hard, but that doesn't change the fact that the Americas Cup sailors take the limelight, while the Olympians take a backseat.

16 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Quick question? How many sail GP races has Pete the Olympian won?  

awesome Roi… 

Quick question, how many Americas Cups has Pete Burling won? Here's another

Question, which other SailGP skipper has won an Olympic Gold medal, 2 silver medals and 2 Americas Cups?

question...who was the last skipper to win the Americas Cup? 

Question...who is the youngest helmsman to win the AC?

Question, which yacht club is the ONLY club to win the AC, lose the AC and win it back again?

Question, which team is about to defend the AC again? 

The ROI is just fine.

Odd that 4u uses SailGP (which he despises) to judge how important Olympians are.

And also conveniently overlooking the fact that Ainslie, Slingsby and Outteridge, Jensen and many others are Olympians. 

4 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Quick question, how many Americas Cups has Pete Burling won? Here's another

Question, which other SailGP skipper has won an Olympic Gold medal, 2 silver medals and 2 Americas Cups?

question...who was the last skipper to win the Americas Cup? 

Question...who is the youngest helmsman to win the AC?

Question, which yacht club is the ONLY club to win the AC, lose the AC and win it back again?

Question, which team is about to defend the AC again? 

The ROI is just fine.

Russel is paying him to win Sail GP and bring the star dust.  Being beaten by every team each week isn’t upholding his side of the bargain.  

and the answer you seemed unable to work out is “zero”

last skipper? That was Glen Ashby, the Australian. ;-) 

10 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Odd that 4u uses SailGP (which he despises) to judge how important Olympians are.

And also conveniently overlooking the fact that Ainslie, Slingsby and Outteridge, Jensen and many others are Olympians. 

Were Olympians. 

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Were Olympians. 

Bollocks (again). You don't stop being Olympians when the games finish (or Burling et al would now not be Olympians). Nor do you stop at the next games. It is an eternal achievement. As stupid as as suggesting that Burling is no longer a gold medallist (not one he would thank you for). 

And I notice you didn't answer the other point

6 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Bollocks (again). You don't stop being Olympians when the games finish (or Burling et al would now not be Olympians). Nor do you stop at the next games. It is an eternal achievement. As stupid as as suggesting that Burling is no longer a gold medallist (not one he would thank you for). 

When I tried to tell people Burling is an Olympic Gold medalist, I was told by the haters on here, namely Pussylicker and Gissy that no other year counts and that 2021 is the only year that matters otherwise you’re living in the past! Great! So we can now say that Burling and Tuke are the worlds best sailors now right? I mean, that was contested because they had only won the AC this year, and this year is the only one that counts, but now that that is no longer the case, no other sailor in SailGP has achieved what they have. 

13 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

What other point? Ainslie himself said he’s retired from Olympic competition as he’d done everything he could do in the Olympics. Generally when you retire from something you’re finished with it. He also said he’d trade his 5 Olympic medals for a British AC win. 

14 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Russel is paying him to win Sail GP and bring the star dust.  Being beaten by every team each week isn’t upholding his side of the bargain.  

and the answer you seemed unable to work out is “zero”

last skipper? That was Glen Ashby, the Australian. ;-) 

Russell is paying him because he’s a superstar and because quote “Pete and Blair are the best sailors in the world right now and their track record speaks for itself” 

Last skipper was Peter Burling. Glenn skippered in Bermuda.

36 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

I would have liked to see a German or Italian team mostly because I think they have better sailors to bring. But I guess SUI had the sponsor. 

It was pretty well foreseen, especially the team tilt link. I guess the only surprise is no Arnaud Psarofaghis or no obvious Alinghi link. 

44 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

That's pretty cool, team tilt is amazing work.

The sponsor is..interesting...their mission statement regards sustainable activities is even more..interesting.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...what about a Marlboro team?

In all seriousness, who is going to compete in this series [Sail GP]? The only person left is Nathan Outteridge and possibly Tommy Slingsby. There is NO WAY any of the AC teams will let their team members go to a rival series. So that eliminates Burling, Tuke and Ashby. It also rules out Jimmy Spithill, and any of the Luna Rossa team. It also rules out Ben Ainslie, Giles Scott and Leigh McMillan. It also rules out Dean Barker, which probably also rules out the guys he sails with. In all seriousness, who is left?

What foresight. Wonder if the poster of the above would admit to getting it absolutely wrong 

Hint: They also predicted with absolute assurance that there would be 5 or 6 challengers for Ac36 in NZ - at least as many or more than in Bermuda

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

What foresight. Wonder if the poster of the above would admit to getting it absolutely wrong 

Hint: They also predicted with absolute assurance that there would be 5 or 6 challengers for Ac36 in NZ - at least as many or more than in Bermuda

Look, For gets a lot of these things wrong. He always has!

Just now, enigmatically2 said:

Never admits it though. 

I know! Always tries to triangulate around it!

Regarding the New Team. Yes, at the moment there isn't an obvious Alinghi Link BUT I wouldn't be shocked if Ernesto, assuming he challenges for AC37, puts some of his AC Sailors into the Team similar what ITUK is doing to keep them race sharp.

3 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

We're in between cycles. Once the cycle gets underway, their priorities will change like they always do.