DAMN!  A gifted athlete, a true sportsman and gentleman, and incredibly strong, resolute and brave man. 

Well done, Mr Hank Aaron. Rest in remembered peace. Well done, indeed. 

• Like 4

He just got his vaccine a week ago-ish, though this does not appear to be related to the virus.

I remember seeing him hit the home run to break Ruths record.  It was very exciting at the time since that record stood for so many years.

RIP Mr Aaron.

Records are ment to be broken.  He endured so much at the hands of fools.  

We’ll miss you, Hammerin’ Hank. 

Hometown hero of Mobile. AL. The baseball stadium is named after him. In a world full of so many classless athletes, he stands out. He and Arthur Ashe are heroes to me. Athletes, gentlemen and barrier breakers. 

• Like 1

image.png.b3f02a01a5deb5e45dbf902aa7eca08a.png

• Like 1

Very humble and one of my heros.  RIP and beat the shit out of babe.

Much I didn't know in this very well written piece. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/hank-aaron-dead/2021/01/22/2d11719a-5cc6-11eb-b8bd-ee36b1cd18bf_story.html

As a teenager at the time, I just thought it was cool that he was going to break such a long-standing record. I had no idea that he was getting sacks of hate mail along the way. He was a far better man than most of his fellow players and all of his critics.

Sad loss, he was a wonderful man. And yeah, he did have to endure a lot. But he also worked to make the world a better place. He did at least a couple of tours around the country meeting Little League and high school baseball teams.

As Mr Aaron's obit in the Washington Post said, he was an "unassailable symbol of fair play and integrity." A champion in sports and in life... one of my childhood heroes.

- DSK

• Like 4

3 hours ago, More Cowbell2 said:

He just got his vaccine a week ago-ish, though this does not appear to be related to the virus.

I remember seeing him hit the home run to break Ruths record.  It was very exciting at the time since that record stood for so many years.

RIP Mr Aaron.

will they (and if not Why Not) start listing anyone who dies after receiving the vaccine

A COVID VACCINE Death ??

3 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

will they (and if not Why Not) start listing anyone who dies after receiving the vaccine

A COVID VACCINE Death ??

He was 86 years old.  If you don’t want your vaccine, I know lots of people that do.  Yes, there will be a few reactions to the vaccine, but so far there have been 410,000 ultimate reactions to the virus!  

• Like 2

image.png.ec1e3fcdfa6a2b0465df2fdd558bb640.png

Everyone who died this past year was listed as a COVID Death

be it most obviously a gunshot, car/plain crash or lightning strike

my comment having nothing to do with any of the vaccines

just media reporting 

17 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

in my opinion, he still owns the HR record...

Absolutely! In the article it says that he deeply resented Barry Bonds for the PED use. If someone can beat his record with no PEDs then the record is his. Until then.........

I didn't realize that in addition to being an incredible slugger, he had an insanely high batting average AND was a All-Star level fielder as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

image.png.ec1e3fcdfa6a2b0465df2fdd558bb640.png

Everyone who died this past year was listed as a COVID Death

be it most obviously a gunshot, car/plain crash or lightning strike

my comment having nothing to do with any of the vaccines

just media reporting 

Yes because EVERY hospital in the nation, all the pulmonologists, all the hospitalists, all the epidemiologist’s, all the immunologists, all the ICU nurses......are all in a hundreds of thousands person conspiracy to make up the number of COVID deaths/hospitalizations/infections in order to.......something.

And before you post the link you surely will......yes there are a handful of all of those who are the bright shining light exposing the hundreds of thousands who are secretly members of the league of COVID conspirators. Lucky we have those few heroes.

Good god woody.......who ties your shoes in the morning......

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Velcro gave him independence...

• Like 2

Class act and a gentleman. He is a deserving baseball hero to many. I loved watching him play as a kid. As a big Giants fan maybe even more special than Willie Mays...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Point Break said:

Plesae dointe dissparridge the Woodestere, withe the proppere encouragge mente he cane do it hisselfe..........            :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Plesae dointe dissparridge the Woodestere, withe the proppere encouragge mente he cane do it hisselfe..........            :)

My bad.....I try not to be harsh but......

• Like 1

One of my few childhood heroes. Stupendous talent, dedication to his craft, a model of grace. RIP.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

One of my few childhood heroes. Stupendous talent, dedication to his craft, a model of grace. RIP.

I neede be moire licke you, ritte wordes at ritte time......  thack you.           :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gissie said:

ZING !  :lol:

Seems like a Hall of Fame's worth of great baseball players have died in the last year or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Seems like a Hall of Fame's worth of great baseball players have died in the last year or so.

Since last April we’ve lost the following HOF’ers:

Hank Aaron

Al Kaline

Bob Gibson

Lou Brock

Tom Seaver

Whitey Ford

Joe Morgan

Phil Niekro

Tommy Lasorda

Don Sutton

That’s a pitching staff and lineup that could match any, with a top-notch manager to boot.

Willie Mays, stay with us please...

4 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

well the sixties and seventies were greatest baseball of my generation...   baseball was king,  NFL and NBA running a distant second..  then the period of time when instant gratification started, baseball lost its glory,  nobody wanted to watch a guy throw a no-hitter,   it was time to juice the players, juice the ball, and bring in the fences...   they killed the game trying to save it..

It should be noted when he was about to and after breaking the Babe's record he was receiving thousands of hate mails a day and was still the perfect gentleman throughout.  RIP to a national treasure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

It should be noted when he was about to and after breaking the Babe's record he was receiving thousands of hate mails a day and was still the perfect gentleman throughout.  RIP to a national treasure.

I was amazed to learn the degree to which he and his family had to be cautious about public appearances, to the point of not dining out together for fear of some crazy shit. I did not know those things. Even more remarkable that he was able to maintain such an even keel.

Still the home run king.  RIP Hank.

Wonder how many homers Hank could have hit off of today's pitching...if he played in this era.

1 hour ago, foamy1946 said:

Wonder how many homers Hank could have hit off of today's pitching...if he played in this era.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:00 PM, Gissie said:

On 1/22/2021 at 3:43 PM, Point Break said:

Where to buy spiked Crocs - Insider