Pushback on Murdoch/Conservative media

Now that the orange buffoon is gone are Americans outraged that Merde Orc's Fox and conservative media enabled, endorsed and condoned the serial lying racist and pussy grabber for these long years?  Is there going to be a nation wide boycott of advertisers or is business going to continue to allow Rupert's Hannity, Carlson and other simpering apologists to continue their bile, bias and smear for the GOP and their vested interest billionaire backers? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, scribe said:

Now that the orange buffoon is gone are Americans outraged that Merde Orc's Fox and conservative media enabled, endorsed and condoned the serial lying racist and pussy grabber for these long years?  Is there going to be a nation wide boycott of advertisers or is business going to continue to allow Rupert's Hannity, Carlson and other simpering apologists to continue their bile, bias and smear for the GOP and their vested interest billionaire backers? 

No.

2 minutes ago, scribe said:

Why Not? 

Watch Fox. Hannity called Biden's first week as president "a complete failure." They will continue to do exactly what they have been doing for the past 20 years. They have no interest in presenting news. They are motivated by ratings, and ratings alone IMO. They have 74 million people brainwashed into believing the other half of the country is going to take their guns, kill their unborn children, and sodomize their local minister. No one walks away from that kind of power. No one.

• Like 3
Just now, bhyde said:

.... ..the other half of the country is going to take their guns, kill their unborn children, and sodomize their local minister.

That would be one way of solving the problem. Some of those smiling pastors might actually like a large cock up their ass.

13 minutes ago, Happy said:

That would be one way of solving the problem. Some of those smiling pastors might actually like a large cock up their ass.

Or a chicken on their dick, but I digress...

• Like 1

First Rule of Tom. All threads are gun threads.

Second Rule of Tom All threads are gun threads.

Third Rule of Tom. If this is not a gun thread, Tom has to make it a gun thread.

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

First Rule of Tom. All threads are gun threads.

Second Rule of Tom All threads are gun threads.

Third Rule of Tom. If this is not a gun thread, Tom has to make it a gun thread.

Hah! I guess I should apologize to bhyde for using my vast mind control powers to cause him to bring up gun confiscation programs. But I won't.

44 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

See First Rule of Tom. Failing that, see Second Rule of Tom.

That made me look up my ignore list, which I kinda forget about and never really look at.

I think its safe to take some of these punters off ignore now. 

tom.jpg.34c30fc57380ada2afdf091b3332f410.jpg

20 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

That made me look up my ignore list, which I kinda forget about and never really look at.

Why did you put Lord Ian Dubin on ignore? He was a hoot. Of course, when you can see the posts mocking him without actually seeing his posts, I suppose it saves time.

Arm(pit)ido was fucking waste of cells, too. At least he really had a boat but he fucked it up

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:
1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

Why did you put Lord Ian Dubin on ignore? He was a hoot. Of course, when you can see the posts mocking him without actually seeing his posts, I suppose it saves time.

Arm(pit)ido was fucking waste of cells, too. At least he really had a boat but he fucked it up

davidprobable came back under a few new ID's but eventually gave up. Moderate is now (IMHO) Vermin. 

Agreed about the Dubinator, I thought he was fun. Also agreed on armido, total waste of oxygen. 

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

davidprobable came back under a few new ID's but eventually gave up. Moderate is now (IMHO) Vermin. 

Agreed about the Dubinator, I thought he was fun. Also agreed on armido, total waste of oxygen. 

There are a lot of people who abuse the anonymity of the interWWWebs to try and get their personal rocks off, belittling others. They always give themselves away because this is a character weakness... they can't help it. Some of them occasionally still post interesting/educational sailing stuff, but there's usually too much noise mixed in.

The Dubinator didn't take himself too seriously, he was fun. I got the impression he was fitting in here rather well, but apparently he didn't enjoy it enough to stick around.

- DSK

What is it with the defeatism about reining in FOX ? 

They have already lost tons of advertisers, with many more to follow, one would hope. Folks can spend time on that. 

And there is a newer effort in the works in which cable networks are pressured to drop them. I'm all over that. 

https://unfoxmycablebox.com/ 

(because of cable/streaming deals, you likely pay FOX around $ 20 per year so they can destroy everything you believe in . . ) 

Although there are other fascist-lite outlets around, Newsmax, hate radio, etc. none has close to anything like the impact that FOX does - 

(this is clearly established in the recent book Network Propaganda, which I just finished.) 

Real lefties play the long game, and don't throw in the towel. 

9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

There are a lot of people who abuse the anonymity of the interWWWebs to try and get their personal rocks off, belittling others. They always give themselves away because this is a character weakness... they can't help it. Some of them occasionally still post interesting/educational sailing stuff, but there's usually too much noise mixed in.

The Dubinator didn't take himself too seriously, he was fun. I got the impression he was fitting in here rather well, but apparently he didn't enjoy it enough to stick around.

- DSK

Dubin and I traded a few PM's. His entire focus for joining SA was on promoting the new book by Chas from Taz. Once that was done, Ian faded back into moonlight strolls in the car park. 

• Like 1

Fox are no longer the fount of all wisdom. They didn't give Whatsisname enough support over the election BS, and they didn't come out in support of the Capitol coup attempt.

Gab.com is the new home for RW loonies. I just had a quick look at the pics on the first page. A regional politician wearing a "Cold War veteran" set of colors, riding a Harley, shooting a machine gun. A cop shooting a machine gun, vowing to bring more of his brother officers around to his way of thinking.  Beautiful photos of sunsets in Texas and Montana. Made me think of a twisted modern cowboy movie, scripted by Mel Brooks.

No doubt the FBI have an office full of people monitoring them.

This is a taste of what is going on there.

That is some scary brain damage.

WTF went wrong in the States? Too much fast food?

Andrew Torba ✝️

@a
5h·
The false gospel of “social justice” and the True Gospel of Jesus Christ cannot coexist.

330 comments

@a
4h·
Let’s skip the whole bloody Civil War thing and instead jump to the Reconstruction Era. The Cultural and Spiritual Civil War has been going on for decades. We are standing in the ashes of it now. Time to reconstruct, reform, and rebuild for the Glory of God.

531 comments

I introduced 3 bills this week:

1. A bill to prevent funding for the Paris Accord.

2. A bill to halt funding to the WHO until we hold them accountable for their role in COVID.

3. A bill to overturn Biden’s Mask mandate.

Biden can try to ruin our country, but I will push back.
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Andrew Torba ✝️

@a
5h·
The false gospel of “social justice” and the True Gospel of Jesus Christ cannot coexist.

330 comments

@a
4h·
Let’s skip the whole bloody Civil War thing and instead jump to the Reconstruction Era. The Cultural and Spiritual Civil War has been going on for decades. We are standing in the ashes of it now. Time to reconstruct, reform, and rebuild for the Glory of God.

531 comments

2. A bill to halt funding to the WHO until we hold them accountable for their role in COVID.

Biden can try to ruin run our country, but I will push back.

Yeah, it's her job to ruin it. 

12 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Dubin and I traded a few PM's. His entire focus for joining SA was on promoting the new book by Chas from Taz. Once that was done, Ian faded back into moonlight strolls in the car park.  

Fucking shame that all those here with agendas to push didn't do the same.

Regarding the OP, only massive boycotts of companies and products advertised on FOX news outlets will have any effect.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

......The Fox news shows are entertainment shows pretending to be news shows.

The Fox news shows are evil propaganda rants for the brainless, pretending to be entertainment shows pretending to be news shows, produced by people pretending to be patriots.

• Like 3
On 1/24/2021 at 2:46 PM, shaggybaxter said:

Ian Dubin was comedy gold, the rest you can keep.

I just posted this on a FaceBook YouTube-TV users site . .    

Speaking of "news" channels, I wonder if any of you would support YT-TV making FOX news an add-on. Because of their extreme partisanship and disregard for the truth, which I will be happy to document, they are a threat to our democratic republic. Feel free to watch it if you want, but don't make me pay for it. (Through cable and streaming services, most of us pay around $20 per year for FOX whether we watch it or not.)

7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I just posted this on a FaceBook YouTube-TV users site . .    

Speaking of "news" channels, I wonder if any of you would support YT-TV making FOX news an add-on. Because of their extreme partisanship and disregard for the truth, which I will be happy to document, they are a threat to our democratic republic. Feel free to watch it if you want, but don't make me pay for it. (Through cable and streaming services, most of us pay around $20 per year for FOX whether we watch it or not.)

Well, THAT did not end well . . . the FB page blew up with Reichista outrage . .  lasted several hours, then the message below 

FDOX news has poisoned the minds of millions. Tonight I listened for a bit to Laura Ingram - 100% demonizing Dems, and I mean demonizing. She made no rational points at all, but made sure to hammer that Joe Biden was a horrible catholic. 

Really, the republic cannot take this indefinitely 

If your ability to post or comment in a group has been turned off, it may be because a group admin has temporarily turned off your ability to post and comment in their group. 

Any attempts at de-polarizing the USA will fail as long as these talking heads are allowed to spout lies.  The end result is a large population of ignorant people willing to do things like storm the Capitol on the false notion that an election was rigged.

I don't see how this ends well for the US.  Now we have the Gab.com CEO Torba intent on constructing the new Christian Patriot society with its own internet, economy, laws, and presumably land and military, separate from the rest of the world which is overrun by communism.   He is backed by a lot of the religious right who have wanted this for years.  These people believe they are on a religious crusade.

We may be watching the beginning of the biggest and most powerful cult in American history, formed from the 70 million Trump voters.

On 1/24/2021 at 1:48 PM, SloopJonB said:

Andrew Torba ✝️

@a
5h·

330 comments

@a
4h·

531 comments

Biden can try to ruin our country, but I will push back.

jezuz fucking christ, staggering.

it's ironic, these shitstain bobbleheads would create a Hell on Earth, accelerated.

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That is what you get when you let bullshitters create an alternate reality where democRATS are satanic, cannibals, pedophiles or pedophile cannibals satanists

You left out a part.

12 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Any attempts at de-polarizing the USA will fail as long as these talking heads are allowed to spout lies.

I agree - and would urge you to contact your cable/streaming services and ask them to dump FAUX . . or to make it an add-on. 

As it is now, we are forced to pay FOX about $20 per year, even it we never watch it. Those high subscriber fees insulate FOX from the loss of revenue from the advertisers that are leaving in droves. 

The link below will get you started 

https://unfoxmycablebox.com/

• Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 11:49 PM, bhyde said:

Watch Fox. Hannity called Biden's first week as president "a complete failure." They will continue to do exactly what they have been doing for the past 20 years. They have no interest in presenting news. They are motivated by ratings, and ratings alone IMO. They have 74 million people brainwashed into believing the other half of the country is going to take their guns, kill their unborn children, and sodomize their local minister. No one walks away from that kind of power. No one.

There are millions of Americans who believed Trump was a Russian agent. How did they come to believe that?

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

There are millions of Americans who believed Trump was a Russian agent. How did they come to believe that?

I don’t recall anyone thinking that President Trump was a Russian agent. Can you provide a cite to support that?

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

More like a gullible plaything that Putin toys with when he's bored, like a cat plays with a mouse. 

An American President that dances to the tune of a ex KGB Russian oligarch...you must really hate your country.  

Just now, Dog said:

Don't flatter yourself, your hero doesn't even rate for that lowest of bars. He doesn't have the intellectual acumen to lie convincingly, let alone poison someone.   

1 minute ago, shaggybaxter said:

More like a gullible plaything that Putin toys with when he's bored, like a cat plays with a mouse. 

An American President that dances to the tune of a ex KGB Russian oligarch...you must really hate your country.  

Can you explain why Putin would have Trump resume the sale of arms to his own neighbors?

Why would he have Trump beef up NATO spending?

Why would he have Trump expand American energy sales in Europe?

• Like 1
Just now, Dog said:

Can you explain why Putin would have Trump resume the sale of arms to his own neighbors?

Not to you, you're only worth derision. 

28 minutes ago, Dog said:

Trump didn't do that, Congress did. trump tried to block it twice, once in an attempt to blackmail Ukraine into helping him get reelected

The rest is equally honest

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
34 minutes ago, Dog said:

Why did you say Russian agent, did you mean to say operative? 

What he means: FOX news claims "libby rull media" says Trump is a Russian operative.

Did Putin and Russia benefit from many many Trump actions and policies? Yes, undeniably. Did Trump act to the detriment of the USA on many of those same actions and policies? Yes. Has Trump -ever- crossed Putin? No. Has Trump crossed everybody else in his life, including his own father? Yes.

What conclusion does the sensible person draw from these facts?

- DSK

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Trump didn't do that, Congress did. trump tried to block it twice, once in an attempt to blackmail Ukraine into helping him get reelected

The rest is equally honest

What he means: FOX news claims "libby rull media" says Trump is a Russian operative.

Did Putin and Russia benefit from many many Trump actions and policies? Yes, undeniably. Did Trump act to the detriment of the USA on many of those same actions and policies? Yes. Has Trump -ever- crossed Putin? No. Has Trump crossed everybody else in his life, including his own father? Yes.

What conclusion does the sensible person draw from these facts?

- DSK

Football players will try to move the ball after a tackle when it is obscured by the pile of bodies before the refs spot the ball. Bullshitters do that with linguistics. If someone calls Trump a Russian asset, a bullshitter will move the ball a couple of yards to Russian agent and argue against that straw man, yet disclaim any responsibility for the divide in our country that the alternate reality their bullshit has spawned. Noticing that and identifying the bullshit isn’t just unfair, it is SO Unfair. Just be glad that your parents taught you to tell the truth. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Bullshit...Trump did it. If we are using true reality.

2 hours ago, Dog said:
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Bullshit...Trump did it. If we are using true reality.

One of us is bullshitting

Google strongly suggests that it is not me

https://www.google.com/search?q=news+trump+blocks+military+aid+Ukraine

- DSK

4 hours ago, Dog said:

Balderdash. That Lawrence O'Donnell claims Trump is/was a Russian agent doesn't mean millions of people believe it. 

Go read the Mueller Report and come back when you've got some actual facts, bullshitter.

22 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

As it is now, we are forced to pay FOX about $20 per year, even it we never watch it.

I really really detest FAUX and have asked my streaming service to make it a voluntary add-on 

If some of you on the Right want to do the same to MSNBC, I say go for it. You have every right to do that. 

FAUX and the Reich have no right to dump their steaming pile of merde in my home and make me pay for it. 

And you need to understand that FAUX is qualitatively different from MSNBC, and not in a good way. 

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

I really really detest FAUX and have asked my streaming service to make it a voluntary add-on 

If some of you on the Right want to do the same to MSNBC, I say go for it. You have every right to do that. 

FAUX and the Reich have no right to dump their steaming pile of merde in my home and make me pay for it. 

And you need to understand that FAUX is qualitatively different from MSNBC, and not in a good way. 

OFGS...No one is making you pay for it.

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Balderdash. That Lawrence O'Donnell claims Trump is/was a Russian agent doesn't mean millions of people believe it. 

Go read the Mueller Report and come back when you've got some actual facts, bullshitter.

Not only did people believe Trump was a Russian agent some also believed Manhattan would be flooded by 2015. How did they come to believe such bullshit?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Not only did people believe Trump was a Russian agent some also believed Manhattan would be flooded by 2015. How did they come to believe such bullshit?

Maybe it was just God's will.  You know....   The bearded guy who lives in the clouds.  I hear he works in mysterious ways. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Dog said:

OFGS...No one is making you pay for it.

You dissemble as per usual . .  

the only way to not pay for it is to not get TV cable or streaming. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You dissemble as per usual . .  

the only way to not pay for it is to not get TV cable or streaming. 

What the world needs is a reliable bullshit filter. Of course, then we would never see Dog again. 

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

Maybe it was just God's will.  You know....   The bearded guy who lives in the clouds.  I hear he works in mysterious ways. 

Or maybe they bought the media's bullshit.

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Or maybe they bought the media's bullshit.

"The Media" is a buzz phrase.  You and others are parroting it into irrelevancy. 

If someone claimed that Trump was a Russian agent, or that Manhattan would be flooded by 2015, should "The Media" (whoever in the fuck that is) ignore it?

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Millions of people did not believe Trump was an agent for the Russians. That's bullshit brought to you by Fox. And Manhattan is being pumped out constantly to prevent flooding. Weak sauce as usual bullshitter.

31 minutes ago, bhyde said:
2 hours ago, Dog said:

Millions of people did not believe Trump was an agent for the Russians. That's bullshit brought to you by Fox. And Manhattan is being pumped out constantly to prevent flooding. Weak sauce as usual bullshitter.

When was SuperStorm Sandy? That was before 2015, wasn't it? It for damn sure flooded the fuck out of Manhattan.

So chalk that one up for "The Media" being right on. RWNJ bullshit liars-for-hire? Not so much

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

When was SuperStorm Sandy? That was before 2015, wasn't it? It for damn sure flooded the fuck out of Manhattan.

So chalk that one up for "The Media" being right on. RWNJ bullshit liars-for-hire? Not so much

- DSK

It wasn’t just a SuperStorm. It was the most savage former hurricane ever. 

15 hours ago, benwynn said:

"The Media" is a buzz phrase.  You and others are parroting it into irrelevancy. 

If someone claimed that Trump was a Russian agent, or that Manhattan would be flooded by 2015, should "The Media" (whoever in the fuck that is) ignore it?

The media is not a buzz word, it's very real. It disseminates the information we consume and influences public opinion. People believed that Trump was a Russian agent and that Manhattan would be flooded by 2015 because the media (85% of which are Democrats) hyped it.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

The media is not a buzz word, it's very real. It disseminates the information we consume and influences public opinion.

The right wing media outlets tend to be hate merchants. Very dangerous when peddled to a gullible population. 

4 hours ago, Dog said:

The media is not a buzz word, it's very real. It disseminates the information we consume and influences public opinion. People believed that Trump was a Russian agent and that Manhattan would be flooded by 2015 because the media (85% of which are Democrats) hyped it.

Remind the class who is the largest news media outlet in the US.

1024px-1211_Avenue_of_the_Americas.jpg

No reputable "liberal" news agency (AP, Reuter's, NPR, etc.) claimed DJT was a Russian agent. That's bullshit. Many believe DJT is/was a Russian patsy, because he is.

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Remind the class who is the largest news media outlet in the US.

1024px-1211_Avenue_of_the_Americas.jpg

No reputable "liberal" news agency (AP, Reuter's, NPR, etc.) claimed DJT was a Russian agent. That's bullshit. Many believe DJT is/was a Russian patsy, because he is.

The Canine Cunt knows all that, he just comes here to take a dump. 

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Well, sure. Who benefited from many many things Trump did? Things that were almost inexplicable, in any other context? Who did Trump praise and smile at and demand be given a seat in the G20 (among other things)? Who was his original National Security Advisor working for? etc etc

But then, you get into an argument about "what's a patsy" versus "what's an agent" or asset or useful idiot or whatever.

Because nuance!

- DSK