Jump to content

The Grift Continues...


Recommended Posts

To be fair, Obama has an "office" too: https://barackobama.com/

You can request a greeting on the Obamas' site.  So does GWB:  https://www.bushcenter.org/about-the-center/contact.html  None of them talk about furthering the agenda of their administrations.

Note that if Trump is impeached, he is no longer entitled to charge the expenses for his office to the American taxpayers, if you can believe Wiki:

Wikipedia:

By law, former presidents are entitled to a pension, staff, office expenses, medical care, health insurance, and Secret Service protection. These entitlements only apply if the former president was not removed from office by impeachment or other Congressional actions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rain Man said:

To be fair, Obama has an "office" too: https://barackobama.com/

You can request a greeting on the Obamas' site.  So does GWB:  https://www.bushcenter.org/about-the-center/contact.html  None of them talk about furthering the agenda of their administrations.

Note that if Trump is impeached, he is no longer entitled to charge the expenses for his office to the American taxpayers, if you can believe Wiki:

Wikipedia:

By law, former presidents are entitled to a pension, staff, office expenses, medical care, health insurance, and Secret Service protection. These entitlements only apply if the former president was not removed from office by impeachment or other Congressional actions.

I think the arguing point for the supporters/defenders of the ex-President will be "removed from office by impeachment or other Congressional actions".

Pretty sure a significant loss in both the Electoral College and the popular vote don't count.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I think the arguing point for the supporters/defenders of the ex-President will be "removed from office by impeachment or other Congressional actions".

Pretty sure a significant loss in both the Electoral College and the popular vote don't count.

It would fall under other congressional actions.

Also he was impeached prior to leaving  office. What is left is the trial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, peragrin said:
42 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I think the arguing point for the supporters/defenders of the ex-President will be "removed from office by impeachment or other Congressional actions".

Pretty sure a significant loss in both the Electoral College and the popular vote don't count.

It would fall under other congressional actions.

Also he was impeached prior to leaving  office. What is left is the trial.

We shall see.  This has never happened, before.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

We shall see.  This has never happened, before.

 

Yep.  It's all so weird.  So a sitting President can't be indicted for anything, can be impeached twice and can commit incitement of insurrection during his lame duck period and will likely get off for that too?  Which leads us to basically a President can do anything he wants as long as he's in office.  I'm not sure that's what the framers intended.  Joe should go all Fear and Loathing doing donuts in his 'vette and jump it into the reflecting pool.  But then again he has morals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Put Mein Kampf and the full Playboy, Penthouse and Hustler collections on the shelf and it could double as the Trump Presidential Library. 

With any luck, this will be the Trump library.

image.thumb.png.9e1f4ea3c8d60436997d3e9db26c159c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Yep.  It's all so weird.  So a sitting President can't be indicted for anything, can be impeached twice and can commit incitement of insurrection during his lame duck period and will likely get off for that too?  Which leads us to basically a President can do anything he wants as long as he's in office.  I'm not sure that's what the framers intended.

The framers assumed the members of Congress would have at least a modicum of ethics and morality.

Sadly they did not foresee the contemporary Republican party.

But then, who could?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The framers assumed the members of Congress would have at least a modicum of ethics and morality.

Sadly they did not foresee the contemporary Republican party.

But then, who could?

Anyone in Europe in 1945?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Wonder where the funding to run this will come from?  Lifted from Gab:

Putin! Just a guess. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Venom said:

Putin! Just a guess. :D

Nope.  Whatsisname is no longer worth the investment. He's done his job of fucking up the USA massively.

Vlad will step back and let the banks and the prosecutors do what they have to. He'll keep the dirty videos to entertain his dinner guests.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump Shifted Campaign-Donor Money Into His Private Business After Losing The Election

Donald Trump’s reelection campaign, which never received a cent from the former president, moved an estimated $2.8 million of donor money into the Trump Organization—including at least $81,000 since Trump lost the election.

In addition, one of the campaign’s joint-fundraising committees, which collects money in partnership with the Republican Party, shifted about $4.3 million of donor money into Trump’s business from January 20, 2017, to December 31, 2020—at least $331,000 of which came after the election.

 

 

I wonder how many of the Faithful who post in PA contributed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2021 at 2:07 PM, Ishmael said:

Anyone in Europe in 1945?

My Father in law was, 10th Mountain Div. His stories are incredible. Talk about Antifa .....

Sadly, he's no longer cogent at 98.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sean said:

My Father in law was, 10th Mountain Div. His stories are incredible. Talk about Antifa .....

Sadly, he's no longer cogent at 98.

My dad was as well. Don’t remember his outfit.  Need to ask my brother .  Sadly my dad died in 1972 at age 50 from kidney disease.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

My Father in law was, 10th Mountain Div. His stories are incredible. Talk about Antifa .....

Sadly, he's no longer cogent at 98.

My brother thinks our dad was in the 102nd mountain division. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

“Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump made up to $640 million while working in White House, report finds”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jared-kushner-ivanka-trump-made-015559075.html

Olympic class grift.

 

One must remember that they would be unemployable anywhere else due to their stupidity and dishonesty. 

Neither has the charisma and presence required for televangelism, or the planning skills and dumb courage required for armed robbery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Happy said:

One must remember that they would be unemployable anywhere else due to their stupidity and dishonesty. 

Neither has the charisma and presence required for televangelism, or the planning skills and dumb courage required for armed robbery.

Too old for a paper route 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

They could probably make some coin renting out Ivanka.

What skill set does she have other than the potentially obvious one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

Totally unrelated, time for our daily german lesson.

Hartgeldnutte:

A prostitute so cheap she gets payed in coins. 

^  +  +  +  ^

I thought it inappropriate to "like" this, so I quoted it instead. Although it does not seem like a good name for a boat, since they are famously expensive & futile things.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

They could probably make some coin renting out Ivanka.

If you pay double will she actually move?  

If you pay triple will she promise not to speak?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

^  +  +  +  ^

I thought it inappropriate to "like" this, so I quoted it instead. Although it does not seem like a good name for a boat, since they are famously expensive & futile things.

- DSK

You could try Geldgrab (money pit/lit. money grave) instead.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

What skill set does she have other than the potentially obvious one.  

None. Roughly the same skill set as Stormy Daniels, but without all those hours of practise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Over on Gab, Shitstain's press releases are being picked up and repeated by the GAB CEO on an account that has been reserved on Gab for Shitstain but which he is not yet using.   The GAB CEO is trying to entice Shitstain to make Gab his new mouthpiece platform since he's been booted from Twitter.

There was a press release today from saveamerica.com.  Guess where that leads when you click it? 

Yup, more grifting.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I followed that link, and came across...

Quote

You keep hearing from the “authorities” that they’re following the “science” and the “data.” But are they?

Then why continue with any lockdowns at all? As California’s honest Covid expert, Dr. Scott Atlas, explains:

That's as far as I went. 100% bullshit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
Quote

... As California’s honest Covid expert, Dr. Scott Atlas, explains:

That's as far as I went. 100% bullshit.

"Dr" Scott Atlas is an expert in kissing Trump's ass. On any other topic, his advice is worthless

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 3:09 PM, mathystuff said:

Totally unrelated, time for our daily german lesson.

Hartgeldnutte:

A prostitute so cheap she gets payed in coins.

We call that a two-bit whore around here.

Two bits add up to 25 cents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 11:26 PM, Rain Man said:

Over on Gab, Shitstain's press releases are being picked up and repeated by the GAB CEO on an account that has been reserved on Gab for Shitstain but which he is not yet using.   The GAB CEO is trying to entice Shitstain to make Gab his new mouthpiece platform since he's been booted from Twitter.

There was a press release today from saveamerica.com.  Guess where that leads when you click it? 

Yup, more grifting.....

Meh, they changed the link.   It doesn't point to the Trump fundraiser anymore.  It used to point here.  (not Void Ho - no really, it isn't)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 8:09 AM, mathystuff said:

Totally unrelated, time for our daily german lesson.

Hartgeldnutte:

A prostitute so cheap she gets payed in coins.

Or so old he's paid in Guilders. :)

more totally unrelated unless Browning based the Aldermen on the Drumphs

So, friend, we're not the folks to shrink
From the duty of giving you something for drink,
And a matter of money to put in your poke;
But as for the guilders, what we spoke
Of them, as you very well know, was in joke.
Beside, our losses have made us thrifty
. A thousand guilders! Come, take fifty!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations

Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.

“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

Contributors had to wade through a fine-print disclaimer and manually uncheck a box to opt out.

As the election neared, the Trump team made that disclaimer increasingly opaque, an investigation by The New York Times showed. It introduced a second prechecked box, known internally as a “money bomb,” that doubled a person’s contribution. Eventually its solicitations featured lines of text in bold and capital letters that overwhelmed the opt-out language.

The tactic ensnared scores of unsuspecting Trump loyalists — retirees, military veterans, nurses and even experienced political operatives. Soon, banks and credit card companies were inundated with fraud complaints from the president’s own supporters about donations they had not intended to make, sometimes for thousands of dollars.

“Bandits!” said Victor Amelino, a 78-year-old Californian, who made a $990 online donation to Mr. Trump in early September via WinRed. It recurred seven more times — adding up to almost $8,000. “I’m retired. I can’t afford to pay all that damn money.”

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Negative option billing.

It's illegal here.

But of course, we don't have freedumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations

Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.

“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

Contributors had to wade through a fine-print disclaimer and manually uncheck a box to opt out.

As the election neared, the Trump team made that disclaimer increasingly opaque, an investigation by The New York Times showed. It introduced a second prechecked box, known internally as a “money bomb,” that doubled a person’s contribution. Eventually its solicitations featured lines of text in bold and capital letters that overwhelmed the opt-out language.

The tactic ensnared scores of unsuspecting Trump loyalists — retirees, military veterans, nurses and even experienced political operatives. Soon, banks and credit card companies were inundated with fraud complaints from the president’s own supporters about donations they had not intended to make, sometimes for thousands of dollars.

“Bandits!” said Victor Amelino, a 78-year-old Californian, who made a $990 online donation to Mr. Trump in early September via WinRed. It recurred seven more times — adding up to almost $8,000. “I’m retired. I can’t afford to pay all that damn money.”

 

 

I wonder how many of those grifted still support Trump, especially over Biden?  How is that even legal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I wonder how many of those grifted still support Trump, especially over Biden?  How is that even legal?

I wonder how many are still alive, or if alive, cogent. Preying on the elderly, and incompetent is an age old trick..... (so to speak)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 12:09 PM, Happy said:

One must remember that they would be unemployable anywhere else due to their stupidity and dishonesty. 

Neither has the charisma and presence required for televangelism, or the planning skills and dumb courage required for armed robbery.

I'm SURE she made a ton of connections, and impressed some pretty important people on her networking tours.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mike G said:

I'm SURE she made a ton of connections, and impressed some pretty important people on her networking tours.

 

Money slut. She looks like she had her boobs deflated for the occasion. She reminds me of another blonde honey trap.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQry-jJC0a8qFKguf5qHZx

Equally fake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 6:38 PM, hobie1616 said:

How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations

Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.

“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

Contributors had to wade through a fine-print disclaimer and manually uncheck a box to opt out.

As the election neared, the Trump team made that disclaimer increasingly opaque, an investigation by The New York Times showed. It introduced a second prechecked box, known internally as a “money bomb,” that doubled a person’s contribution. Eventually its solicitations featured lines of text in bold and capital letters that overwhelmed the opt-out language.

The tactic ensnared scores of unsuspecting Trump loyalists — retirees, military veterans, nurses and even experienced political operatives. Soon, banks and credit card companies were inundated with fraud complaints from the president’s own supporters about donations they had not intended to make, sometimes for thousands of dollars.

“Bandits!” said Victor Amelino, a 78-year-old Californian, who made a $990 online donation to Mr. Trump in early September via WinRed. It recurred seven more times — adding up to almost $8,000. “I’m retired. I can’t afford to pay all that damn money.”

 

 

Any of our bullshitters taken in by this scam, with recurring billing through WinRed? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Any of our bullshitters taken in by this scam, with recurring billing through WinRed? 

You know there are but getting them to admit it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hobie1616 said:
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Any of our bullshitters taken in by this scam, with recurring billing through WinRed? 

You know there are but getting them to admit it...

Any guesses on how much they took off Wardodo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

“Trump and Lindsey Graham are charging $25K to play in their golf tournament to raise funds for Republicans”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-lindsey-graham-charging-25k-165434669.html

careful of the skim and administrative and overhead costs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

The Heartwarming Tale of How a Co-Founder of Students For Trump Is Going to Prison After His Co-Founder Snitched On Him to the Feds

John Lambert, one of the founders of Students for Trump, is now going to prison after being convicted of fraud in a scheme in which he pretended to be a lawyer and bilked unsuspecting victims out of tens of thousands of dollars. And in a heartwarming twist, it appears that his Students for Trump co-founder Ryan Fournier, who reportedly was his partner in crime, cooperated with federal authorities in helping to nab Lambert. Truly an incredible tale of two assholes!

Lambert and Fournier co-founded Students for Trump in 2016 while undergraduate students in North Carolina. They also decided around the same time to become budding scam artists. Lambert posed online as “Eric Pope,” supposedly an attorney for the fake law firm Pope & Dunn with not only a law degree from NYU, but extensive experience. Pope, Lambert wrote according to Politico, was “sought after for his experience with financial and corporate matters due to his ability to mitigate legal scenarios while keeping the growth of his clients’ business a focal point.” Fournier, as the Daily Beast reported, pretended to be an attorney he named “Gregory Shapiro.” 

Lambert then began landing actual clients, including one who used their retirement savings to hire “Eric Pope” to help them out with an issue they were having with a credit reporting agency. Here’s how that victim described his interactions with “Eric Pope” in a written statement, via the New York Daily News:

“[Lambert] told me that I was insane for ever questioning him and that I should be ashamed of myself for questioning his integrity. He berated me on the phone and told me that I was irrational for ever questioning such an esteemed attorney from New York and started demanding that I send him a huge amount of money or that he would not do anymore work for me. In truth he had never done one bit of work for me,” the victim wrote.

Link to post
Share on other sites

America needs to be slapped about the head until the people realize that Trump is just a con man and a grifter.   I am 100% convinced he is selling political endorsements.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

This just dropped on Axios,  the grifters keep on grifting......

Pro-Trump scam PAC operator pleads guilty to wire fraud

Rebecca Falconer

 

A man behind a pro-Trump scam PAC has pleaded guilty to one count of wire fraud after being accused of bilking hundreds of thousands of dollars from donors, court filings released Monday show.

The big picture: James Kyle Bell also "admitted to deceiving the government" out of over $1 million in fake Paycheck Protection Program loans designed to assist employers and prevent staff layoffs during the pandemic, per the Daily Beast.

Prosecutors say Bell also set up an allegedly fraudulent pro-Biden group called the Best Days Lie Ahead Committee, which raised another $100,000, but those donations were returned when the portal was bounced, the Daily Beast reported.

What's next: Prosecutors advised Bell’s lawyer in a letter that they're seeking a prison sentence of 78 to 97 months for him and a $25,000-$250,000 fine, according to the Daily Beast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

This just dropped on Axios,  the grifters keep on grifting......

Pro-Trump scam PAC operator pleads guilty to wire fraud

Rebecca Falconer

 

A man behind a pro-Trump scam PAC has pleaded guilty to one count of wire fraud after being accused of bilking hundreds of thousands of dollars from donors, court filings released Monday show.

The big picture: James Kyle Bell also "admitted to deceiving the government" out of over $1 million in fake Paycheck Protection Program loans designed to assist employers and prevent staff layoffs during the pandemic, per the Daily Beast.

Prosecutors say Bell also set up an allegedly fraudulent pro-Biden group called the Best Days Lie Ahead Committee, which raised another $100,000, but those donations were returned when the portal was bounced, the Daily Beast reported.

What's next: Prosecutors advised Bell’s lawyer in a letter that they're seeking a prison sentence of 78 to 97 months for him and a $25,000-$250,000 fine, according to the Daily Beast.

He's just practicing that wealth redistribution the right claims to find so odious.  Just like The Former Guy has been doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

The large orange turd is being exceptionally difficult to flush.

Well, Trump did warn us the low volume toilets don't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2021 at 10:07 AM, peragrin said:

Also he was impeached prior to leaving  office. What is left is the trial.

No, the trial was in the Senate, 

which failed to convict (times 2) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Are the chumps smartening up?

Lin Wood needs the cash. He may be crazy as a bedbug, but he's not about to throw a quarter million out the window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Lin Wood needs the cash. He may be crazy as a bedbug, but he's not about to throw a quarter million out the window.

What are the chances he collects?

I'll go with "zero".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I was going to go into minus numbers.

He will win nothing and be stuck with attorney fees and court costs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...