https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-26/push-for-harriet-tubman-to-replace-andrew-jackson-on-us-$20-note/13093140

Joe Biden's Government is resuming the push to put abolitionist icon Harriet Tubman on the $US20 note, replacing former president and slaver Andrew Jackson.

Obama administration Treasury secretary Jack Lew selected Tubman to replace Jackson on the front of the note, with an early design proposal still featuring on the reverse side a statue of the nation's seventh president, who owned hundreds of slaves.

But the move had been in doubt since 2016 when then-US presidential candidate Donald Trump branded the change "pure political correctness".

As president, Mr Trump did not move forward with the change and he had Jackson's portrait hung in the Oval Office. It has since been removed under the Biden administration, replaced with a painting of US founding father Benjamin Franklin.

Instead, Treasury secretary Steve Mnuchin in 2019 announced a delay in redesigning the $US20 note in order to redesign the $US10 and $US50 bills first to improve security features to thwart counterfeiters.

The unveiling of the redesigned $US20 bill featuring Tubman, famous for her efforts to help slaves escape to freedom on the Underground Railroad, had been timed by the Obama administration to coincide with the 100th anniversary of passage of the 19th amendment, giving women the right to vote.

Under the schedule Mr Mnuchin announced in May 2019, the redesigned $US20 bill would not have come out until 2028, with final designs for the bill not announced until 2026.

But Ms Psaki told reporters during a briefing that she and other officials were surprised to hear of the delays.

"It is important that our … money reflects the history and diversity of our country, and Harriet Tubman's image gracing the new $US20 note would certainly reflect that," she said.

"We are exploring ways to speed up that effort."

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Joe Biden's Government is resuming the push to put abolitionist icon Harriet Tubman on the $US20 note, replacing former president and slaver Andrew Jackson.

As Jackson was first and foremost guilty of genocide think it would be more fitting they put an indigenous American icon on that $US20 federal reserve note. Seriously. 

Just now, Venom said:

As Jackson was first and foremost guilty of gynecide think it would be more fitting they put an indigenous American icon on that $US20 federal reserve note. Seriously. 

Is that death by vagina?

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Terrorvision said:
15 minutes ago, Venom said:

As Jackson was first and foremost guilty of gynecide think it would be more fitting they put an indigenous American icon on that $US20 federal reserve note. Seriously. 

Is that death by vagina?

Fuck,  Vermin is stupid. 

15 minutes ago, Terrorvision said:

Is that death by vagina?

Yes the killing of females with large toadstool. :D  

5 hours ago, Terrorvision said:

Is that death by vagina?

That's the way I dream of going.

That or snu snu.

Or are they the same thing?

On 1/27/2021 at 5:04 AM, Venom said:

As Jackson was first and foremost guilty of genocide think it would be more fitting they put an indigenous American icon on that $US20 federal reserve note. Seriously. 

Save that for the $50. 

I suppose it's too much to ask that more than one person on American money is unwhite and male?

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Save that for the $50. 

I suppose it's too much to ask that more than one person on American money is unwhite and male?

Why the $50? 

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Because no matter what Trump says, there isn't a $45

FIFY

The "Tubby twenty" should have come out last year, if it wasn't for racist assholes like Trump, Mnuchin, et.al.

Let's try to see her smiling face in our ATMS by August!

I don't understand why Munchkin said it would take until 2028 . What do you have to do to make new plates? Hand mine titanium, smelt with a blow torch and engrave with a small pointy fish bone?

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

I don't understand why Munchkin said it would take until 2028 . What do you have to do to make new plates? Hand mine titanium, smelt with a blow torch and engrave with a small pointy fish bone?

He was counting on the Repugnicans being totally obstructive to Biden and Turnip winning again in 2024. #1 is guaranteed, #2 is doubtful.