Cursing is a Sign of Intelligence

"When you're honestly expressing your emotions with powerful words, then you're going to come across as more honest,"

Come across as more honest? So swearing can be used to give the image of truthiness?

As I've always said. The key to being perceived as honest is sincerity. Once you've learned to fake that you've got it made.

• Like 1

"Participants were asked to list as many words that start with F, A or S in one minute. Another minute was devoted to coming up with curse words that start with those three letters. The study found those who came up with the most F, A and S words also produced the most swear words."

So people who know more words in general also know more words in special?

Got to love pschology.

Now now kids... this is a family friendly show.

Please restrain yourselves.

Or get demonitized.   

1 hour ago, Windward said:

Now now kids... this is a family friendly show.

Please restrain yourselves.

Or get demonitized.   

Demonetized? or demonized?

You obviously need to curse more often.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell2 said:

Demonetized? or demonized?

You obviously need to curse more often.

Demonetized.

I made a reference to cursing on Youtube that will result in you getting no ad revenue thanks to some algorithm that deems your cursing objectionable.

No fucking shit? Jeezuss fucking Keeriste, I must be as fucking smart a cocksucker as I always fucking thought.

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

then those flying scott assholes are fucking geniuses at mark roundings.

that is not swearing.   It is "salty talk"

3 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

Is telling someone to shut up considered swearing?

Only if it is delivered as STFU.

So.....mid 1970’s and I’m still in the Navy.....where some amount of swearing has been known to happen...family at the beach having a bonfire. Daughter is about 6 I guess and has to pee. So down the beach we go past multiple other bonfires to the bathroom. On the way back she is a little confused about which bonfire is ours and marches up to one we had walked past, put her hands on her hips, shakes her blond hair out of her face and loudly says “daddy, what are these fuckers doing at our fire!” Well, the women were appalled, the guys all stifled laughs (one spit his beer out in the attempt), I mumbled an apology and said “no honey, ours is right over there”. Off we went into the darkness to our own bonfire. She looked at me puzzled and I explained “that wasn’t our fire it just looked like it.......and let’s not tell mommy about talking to them”. She just smiled and happily walked along. That was nearly the last time I swore and then only very occasionally when I was very angry at the firehouse. So......

• Like 4

Did "those assholes at the lumberyard deliver the fuckin' drywall the next day"?

Best (worst?) one of those for me was when my son was about three. He was shooting his Hot Wheels down the hardwood floor in the hall. One of them had a bent axle and persisted in veering into the wall.

After 4 or 5 tries he was so frustrated, he picked the car up and chucked it down the hall, saying "fucking stupid car" - in front of his grandmother. :D

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Point Break said:

So.....mid 1970’s and I’m still in the Navy.....where some amount of swearing has been known to happen...family at the beach having a bonfire. Daughter is about 6 I guess and has to pee. So down the beach we go past multiple other bonfires to the bathroom. On the way back she is a little confused about which bonfire is ours and marches up to one we had walked past, put her hands on her hips, shakes her blond hair out of her face and loudly says “daddy, what are these fuckers doing at our fire!” Well, the women were appalled, the guys all stifled laughs (one spit his beer out in the attempt), I mumbled an apology and said “no honey, ours is right over there”. Off we went into the darkness to our own bonfire. She looked at me puzzled and I explained “that wasn’t our fire it just looked like it.......and let’s not tell mommy about talking to them”. She just smiled and happily walked along. That was nearly the last time I swore and then only very occasionally when I was very angry at the firehouse. So......

My father tells my mother he going out to get her a new car one Saturday... She is thinking that maybe a Olds Vista Cruiser, or  MBZ Estate Car, or better yet a one of those new Swedish Station Wagons that are becoming the rage.  The old man shows up with an International Harvester Travel-All 

My mother whom I have never heard swear ever and had a very strict hand when it came to profanity....   takes one look at it and in her Dana Hall/Wellesley College Boston Accent says, what the fuck is that...  Needless to say the four letter word discipline in our house went to hell and hand-basket after that... but I never heard her swear again, and always got "the look" anytime I did...

Fast forward a couple of years and she gets hit in the front diver side...  The Datsun was literately wrapped around the bumper with just a few scratches to the car..., and she never got stuck on the snow... Years later she did admit it was one of the best cars she had... 

This is what it looked like.. I think it got 3 gallons to the mile

4290afc563d619570c70cb5c8861a62f2513162a

13 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That thing would be majorly collectible today.

The northeast winters were not kind to it.. and this was our school car when it snowed which meant no snow bank was safe...  it took a beating... especially when my sister starting driving..  she could pack about 10 of her friends in it...  it was nick named "the box car..." by a few of my friends...  I had to grin an bear it as it was a very appropriate moniker..  she had some hot friends.. 

So was my dad's 62 MBZ sedan.  He had that car for 25 years...  of course he never let me drive it, but that may be why he had it for 25 years... :lol:

158714655166e7dff9f98764da1587146551dff9

28 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

The northeast winters were not kind to it.. and this was our school car when it snowed which meant no snow bank was safe...  it took a beating... especially when my sister starting driving..  she could pack about 10 of her friends in it...  it was nick named "the box car..." by a few of my friends...  I had to grin an bear it as it was a very appropriate moniker..  she had some hot friends.. 

So was my dad's 62 MBZ sedan.  He had that car for 25 years...  of course he never let me drive it, but that may be why he had it for 25 years... :lol:

158714655166e7dff9f98764da1587146551dff9

My uncle had one of those with fitted leather luggage. Each time I parked my VW bus in his driveway, he came out and put carboard underneath my engine.

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Did "those assholes at the lumberyard deliver the fuckin' drywall the next day"?

Best (worst?) one of those for me was when my son was about three. He was shooting his Hot Wheels down the hardwood floor in the hall. One of them had a bent axle and persisted in veering into the wall.

After 4 or 5 tries he was so frustrated, he picked the car up and chucked it down the hall, saying "fucking stupid car" - in front of his grandmother. :D

God, shades of the past, me at home with son about 3 ish and his best mate the same age.

We have a dog at home who can be relied upon to bark come dinner time.

Cue two 3 year olds bouncing off the walls and me just wanting to chill and begin the next cycle in another 12 hours time 90 degrees in the shade BBQ cranked.

Throwing things on the Barbie and dog starts barking and getting underfoot “ Fuckin dog” I mutter only to have two three years olds immediately pick up and start marching around shouting “Fuckin dog , fuckin dog, fuckin dog.” 

Wifey and other mother pull into the driveway, Oh shit.
Embarrassed and mortified I recall thinking quickly....hey guys what’s with this fuckin dog that you’re saying.....I said “barking Dog......”

Without even a skip they continued  marching and shouting loudly “Barking Dog, Barking Dog.

I remember cracking a beer and thinking phew that was close, learnt to keep my lips zipped in their presence for years after that.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

God, shades of the past, me at home with son about 3 ish and his best mate the same age.

We have a dog at home who can be relied upon to bark come dinner time.

Cue two 3 year olds bouncing off the walls and me just wanting to chill and begin the next cycle in another 12 hours time 90 degrees in the shade BBQ cranked.

Throwing things on the Barbie and dog starts barking and getting underfoot “ Fuckin dog” I mutter only to have two three years olds immediately pick up and start marching around shouting “Fuckin dog , fuckin dog, fuckin dog.” 

Wifey and other mother pull into the driveway, Oh shit.
Embarrassed and mortified I recall thinking quickly....hey guys what’s with this fuckin dog that you’re saying.....I said “barking Dog......”

Without even a skip they continued  marching and shouting loudly “Barking Dog, Barking Dog.

I remember cracking a beer and thinking phew that was close, learnt to keep my lips zipped in their presence for years after that.

Dodged a bullet there.

Similar experience.  Driving down the highway with the family, kids were like 3, 4, and 6.  Car cut me off and I dropped the F bomb.  Son asks, "what did you say daddy"? I replied "truck, look at that truck".  Wifey sitting next to me says, "nice recovery."  Whew!

12 hours ago, Point Break said:

One of my older brothers (he was 4 or 5 at the time) was hanging out with some older kids on our street, and one of them asked him "how's it goin', motherf#@ker"?  

He comes back in the house and shares this newly learned greeting with mom.  

I was maybe 3 at the time, taking a bath when the door bursts open with my mom carrying my older brother under one arm and reaching for the bar of soap with the other. She ground half the bar into his mouth before she was done with him.  I didn't move a muscle, not knowing what he did, and did not want what he was getting.

My SAT scores at age 17 qualified me for membership in MENSA, many years later.  OTOH, I wasn't smart enough to run the fuck away from Real Estate Brokerage in '07-'08.  But according to the linked article, my cursing is proof again of my superior intelligence, other things not withstanding.....

1 hour ago, More Cowbell2 said:

One of my older brothers (he was 4 or 5 at the time) was hanging out with some older kids on our street, and one of them asked him "how's it goin', motherf#@ker"?  

He comes back in the house and shares this newly learned greeting with mom.  

I was maybe 3 at the time, taking a bath when the door bursts open with my mom carrying my older brother under one arm and reaching for the bar of soap with the other. She ground half the bar into his mouth before she was done with him.  I didn't move a muscle, not knowing what he did, and did not want what he was getting.

Reminiscing with my 96 yo Mom about childhood memories last year, she does remember making us bite the soap bar on occasion (no doubt we deserved it) but she denies she nor Dad ever took the yardstick nor the belt to any of us first 3 offspring. For some reason the last 2 got off easy.

I remember it being mentally brutal when Dad got super angry because he'd say "Go get the belt or yardstick, go down in the basement, drop your pants, grab the lollycolumn and wait for me there". Then he'd finish his drink while I'd stand down there hating life. And on at least one occasion he broke the yardstick on my ass.

16 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

My SAT scores at age 17 qualified me for membership in MENSA, many years later.  OTOH, I wasn't smart enough to run the fuck away from Real Estate Brokerage in '07-'08.  But according to the linked article, my cursing is proof again of my superior intelligence, other things not withstanding.....

And that was the real SATs. Now, they're completely watered and dumbed down. Turns out the words were too hard. And analogies make ya think. They dropped those for the essay that has now been cast aside like a used prophylactic. If there is a way to fuck things up, the Educationists will find it and ride it for all 8 seconds. Thousands will "earn" their doctorates writing something about nothing, and the tide comes and goes. 

Meritocracy is dead. Long live mediocrity.   

FUCK!

• Like 1

Blue Crab wrote:

"We need 5,000 of our own troops to protect our own Congress from some of our own citizens. @donwinslow 1/27/21"

One in five of the insurrectionists at the Capitol on January 6th, was a retired member of the US Armed Forces, including the woman who was shot dead, in the chest, by a Capitol policeman. 

On another thread here. I watched some of their video that was posted on the now dormant "Parler" website.  It was pretty horrifying!  There is not a doubt in my mind that if that ugly mob had got a hold of Mike Pence, or any other Congress Critter, they would have been killed on the spot. 

And the Conservatives here at work ask me, "Don't you think impeaching Trump is going to create more division in the Country"?  WTF???  Those crazy nutjob's belived they were doing their Presidents bidding!!  Trump and his entire family should be jailed, as well as all the insurrectionists.  Trump is truly as evil as he is amoral!

• Like 1

Yeah man. I'm dumping "friends" daily. Imagine what they'd have done to AOC. I gave up PA for Twitter. Ya don't have to explain everything twice over there. But we'd better take this somewhere else. Don't want to piss off the swells.

Edit: last comment. If anyone out there only follows one newsy type person on the planet, it should be Lawrence Tribe.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:45 AM, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

I could have fucking told you that!

I fucking hear ya.

This is such an old story, CNN just put a new date stamp on it. Bunch of dipshit nobodies doing fuck nothing.

Boiled / Broiled Blue Crap is fucking delicious.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

I fucking hear ya.

This is such an old story, CNN just put a new date stamp on it. Bunch of dipshit nobodies doing fuck nothing.

Boiled / Broiled Blue Crap is fucking delicious.

Man, the memory of eating blue crab fresh and just out of the steamer in Maryland at a crab feed just made my mouth water. It WAS fucking delicious!

7 hours ago, Willin' said:

Reminiscing with my 96 yo Mom about childhood memories last year, she does remember making us bite the soap bar on occasion (no doubt we deserved it) but she denies she nor Dad ever took the yardstick nor the belt to any of us first 3 offspring. For some reason the last 2 got off easy.

I remember it being mentally brutal when Dad got super angry because he'd say "Go get the belt or yardstick, go down in the basement, drop your pants, grab the lollycolumn and wait for me there". Then he'd finish his drink while I'd stand down there hating life. And on at least one occasion he broke the yardstick on my ass.

At age 9 we moved to England so my dad could take his PhD. It was a huge change for me because school was so different.

The old school had a separate washroom building across the playground and we'd share sneaked cigarettes in there sometimes.

One day 6 of us got caught and sent to the Headmasters study. He lined us up with me at one end and started at the other end with the cane across outstretched palms.

As he did each boy he sent him back to class, By the time he got to me we were alone and I was just shitting, having watched 5 kids get it.

Then he let me go - I guess he figured I had been tortured enough. :D