Marjorie Taylor Greene - terrorist cunt!

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Actually, I was trying to be funny. So that's a fail on me.

But no. A government benefit whether a program or a payment does not have to be a zero sum game. They can just as easily just "Okay all left-handed bicycle repair men can now get receive free widgets under the FREE WIDGETS FOR LEFT-HANDED BICYCLE REPAIR MEN initiative!" Then next week they also give free widgets to albino unicycle riders, and unless they go around taking away all the LHBRM's widgets, it's not a zero sum game -even- if they then bar any further LHBRMs from getting them. Things like education? The whole society benefits so how is that "zero sum?"

Aside from that, "... (sic) one area to start with would be recognizing that when it comes to addressing racial and economic inequality - it should not be a zero sum game. ...." is not a wording that I took to refer exclusively to gov't benefit programs. But if I 'm wrong then I apologize.

It is still a big problem that a lot of people SEE the world in terms of zero sum gamesmanship and get all pissed off about anything some other group than theirs is getting. Like holidays honoring black people. Is that really taking something away from the peckerwoods that get all mad about it?

- DSK

We're talking about cash disbursements from tax revenue. No matter what you say or what herrings, red, white or black, you want to drag in, it's a zero-sum game. You can raise the cash pool by increasing taxation but it's *still* a zero-sum game.

Unless you believe in the 'magic pudding' theory anyway. I guess printing money is a modern equivalent, in which case, give everyone who asks say $10,000,000 in full restitution of past wrongs of any sort and call it done. It's only paper (electronic magic tokens) after all.

The other stuff, honouring people et al, is in a different category. I'm not arguing that.

FKT

FKT

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The southern states have shown no ability to succeed, much less secede.

So why are Democrats taking out Republican trash? The party of Rock-Ribbed-Conservatives that stared down the Soviet Union are now the party of no-balls-spineless jellyfish, that's why. There was a ti

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Raz'r said:
23 hours ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

Speaking of holding gun owners accountable, are you ever going to explain what point you were trying to make with this false comparison?

On 9/18/2020 at 12:32 PM, Olsonist said:

It also absolves individuals of the LIABILITY FOR USE by others. So if your roommate steals your keys and bypasses your 'secure gun storage' and uses your gun to holdup a liquor store, you're totally good. But if your roommate steals your keys and runs over a little old lady with your car, well that's what you have liability insurance for.

Seems pretty clear

I thought so too, but apparently it's not as obvious to others. Benwynn couldn't figure it out, so I'm asking on his behalf. Maybe you can help him out by explaining the mystery point that Olsonist was trying to make?

9 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

We're talking about cash disbursements from tax revenue. No matter what you say or what herrings, red, white or black, you want to drag in, it's a zero-sum game. You can raise the cash pool by increasing taxation but it's *still* a zero-sum game.

Unless you believe in the 'magic pudding' theory anyway. I guess printing money is a modern equivalent, in which case, give everyone who asks say $10,000,000 in full restitution of past wrongs of any sort and call it done. It's only paper (electronic magic tokens) after all.

The other stuff, honouring people et al, is in a different category. I'm not arguing that.

FKT

FKT

Well I'm glad we agree on something... and frankly that is part of the pattern. I've never met anyone who was angry about renaming streets for Martin Luther King Jr and honoring Black History Week, who wasn't -also- angry about damn lazy niggers taking all their money for welfare. The two go right together.

And it's really not a zero sum game. You're going the wrong way with this... expanding the brackets to include overall gov't revenue gets to be even less of one. Now, if you look at a specific individual and the taxes they pay versus the benefits they get, then the case is pretty strong that it -is- a zero sum game. Individuals cannot print their own money, but they do have a variety of ways to vary their tax and their benefit. Another part of the package is to undervalue, or deny entirely (we see that all the time here from RWNJs) that they receive any gov't benefits at all. And the case that I gave, where the gov't can give a benefit program to one group without taking it away from another group, does not even remotely come close to being a zero sum game.

Probably college admissions and jobs come the closest. And with college admissions, I can assure you for a fact that assistance programs expand the number of college entrance spots, so that's not really a zero sum game although it's still a limited sum game (if that's a term).

No, the whole "I hate goddam welfare/EOS/etc" schtick is a thinly disguised way expressing a preference to NOT share goodies with whatever group you are prejudiced against. And we're all here sharing the planet, which is the ultimate zero-sum game.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

I thought so too, but apparently it's not as obvious to others. Benwynn couldn't figure it out, so I'm asking on his behalf. Maybe you can help him out by explaining the mystery point that Olsonist was trying to make?

No, thanks for asking.

On 1/30/2021 at 5:54 PM, Raz'r said:

Such bullshit. 

So, are you saying you don't think there are any legit grievances or real pain and hurt that poor white america are experiencing???  Or are you saying it's "bullshit" because I dare point out the zero sum game being played here?  

On 1/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Jeff sees it as a zero-sum game so anything given to a person with blackor brown skin must have been taken away from a person with white skin. That right there tells all IMHO.

It tells nothing, because you're making that up.  As usual.  But just to be clear - No I do not think that anything given to a POC is taking away from a white person.  But I do believe that the tendency for the "woke" to play identity politics by design means that you must tear down one group in order to build up the other.  I do believe there is a strident camp that says for blacks to advance, whites must be torn down and blamed for all past historical injustices.  That there can be no advancement together.  

22 hours ago, frenchie said:

Except the people who stormed the Capitol didn't turn out to be the unemployed, opioid-addicted, blue-collar workers.  But rather the small business owners, the lawyers, the government employees, and so on.  

That's true.  But I never claimed that those fucksticks actually represented the people who have legitimate grievances.  THEY thought they did, but they don't.  Besides, the opiod addicted, unemployed BC worker wouldn't have bus fare to get to DC in the first place.  Just saying.....

On 1/30/2021 at 11:26 AM, hobie1616 said:

The Republican party will not disavow Marjorie Taylor Greene – she is the party

I don’t have space to go into all the vile things that Greene has said and done, but they range from blaming California wildfires on “Jewish space lasers” to saying Muslims don’t belong in government. Suffice it to say we’re not talking a few errors of judgment here: Greene has a long, well-documented history of promoting hatred and violence. Still, that hasn’t stopped her from oh-so-predictably claiming she’s the victim of “fake news”. In a statement posted on Tuesday Greene said that a number of people had managed her Facebook page. So, you know, she’s not responsible for anything. Rightwingers never are.

You know what’s deeply disturbing? The fact that Greene isn’t actually the real problem here: she’s a symptom of a much deeper rot in American politics. The Republicans knew exactly who Greene was when she decided to run for election and did nothing to sanction or stop her. Republicans used to at least try to hide their racism and hypocrisy under a facade of respectability but their embrace of Trump has caused the mask to well and truly slip. Greene isn’t an outlier in the GOP: she’s the new face of the post-Trump Republican party.

I am writing this from Canada where the PM or provincial premier  or party leader of a party not in power can kick someone out of their caucus if their views are too extreme. I can think of three examples in the past months or so where this has happened. Can this be done in the US. Does anyone (or group) have the right to say your views are not acceptable to the Republican or Democratic Party.

5 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I am writing this from Canada where the PM or provincial premier  or party leader of a party not in power can kick someone out of their caucus if their views are too extreme. I can think of three examples in the past months or so where this has happened. Can this be done in the US. Does anyone (or group) have the right to say your views are not acceptable to the Republican or Democratic Party.

Of course they can.  But far from kicking her out, the state parties are punishing the folks who tried to inject some sanity into the process.  As I just said on the BTBD thread, they are doubling down on the stupid.  

54 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

So, are you saying you don't think there are any legit grievances or real pain and hurt that poor white america are experiencing???  Or are you saying it's "bullshit" because I dare point out the zero sum game being played here?  

I'm saying this line of yours is just more of your White Privelege BS

Jeffreax: "The current ethos of racial politics is that in order for the black man to rise, we must tear down the white man and make him less. "

48 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

It tells nothing, because you're making that up.  As usual.  But just to be clear - No I do not think that anything given to a POC is taking away from a white person.  But I do believe that the tendency for the "woke" to play identity politics by design means that you must tear down one group in order to build up the other.  I do believe there is a strident camp that says for blacks to advance, whites must be torn down and blamed for all past historical injustices.  That there can be no advancement together.  

There he goes again....

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

So, Jeff wrote ^this^

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:
On 1/30/2021 at 9:39 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Jeff sees it as a zero-sum game so anything given to a person with blackor brown skin must have been taken away from a person with white skin. That right there tells all IMHO.

Then turns around almost immediately and says I am "making that up" about zero sum games.

Glad to hear you don't think everything given to a POC is taking away from a white person ... BUT

Let me know when you are ready consider the idea that a POC might actually earn something they get. Or deserve something.

Then, maybe there can be advancement together.

A little

- DSK

11 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well I'm glad we agree on something... and frankly that is part of the pattern. I've never met anyone who was angry about renaming streets for Martin Luther King Jr and honoring Black History Week, who wasn't -also- angry about damn lazy niggers taking all their money for welfare. The two go right together.

And it's really not a zero sum game. You're going the wrong way with this... expanding the brackets to include overall gov't revenue gets to be even less of one. Now, if you look at a specific individual and the taxes they pay versus the benefits they get, then the case is pretty strong that it -is- a zero sum game. Individuals cannot print their own money, but they do have a variety of ways to vary their tax and their benefit. Another part of the package is to undervalue, or deny entirely (we see that all the time here from RWNJs) that they receive any gov't benefits at all. And the case that I gave, where the gov't can give a benefit program to one group without taking it away from another group, does not even remotely come close to being a zero sum game.

Probably college admissions and jobs come the closest. And with college admissions, I can assure you for a fact that assistance programs expand the number of college entrance spots, so that's not really a zero sum game although it's still a limited sum game (if that's a term).

No, the whole "I hate goddam welfare/EOS/etc" schtick is a thinly disguised way expressing a preference to NOT share goodies with whatever group you are prejudiced against. And we're all here sharing the planet, which is the ultimate zero-sum game.

- DSK

So in summary, you're on board with the 'magic pudding' theory of Govt funding. Well, OK, there is a huge amount of support and prior usage there.

The reason I say this is because you claim

"And the case that I gave, where the gov't can give a benefit program to one group without taking it away from another group, does not even remotely come close to being a zero sum game."

The only way this works in a non zero-sum sense is, if the new program requires no resources that are limited. Starting with money. Because the moment that new benefit program (or expanded program) needs to be funded, those funds come from taxation revenue, and therefore by definition that money cannot now be spent on anything else and all/one/some other programs have to be partially or fully de-funded to make that money available to the new one. That is a zero-sum game.

The only 2 ways around it are to raise taxation and dedicate the raised portion to a new program or inflate the currency.

Note well that I 'm not objecting to either or both, I just strongly object to the idea that you can provide something tangible for no actual resource cost. If you can, why do Governments run a budget at all?

Intangibles, sure, not a problem.

FKT

8 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So in summary, you're on board with the 'magic pudding' theory of Govt funding. Well, OK, there is a huge amount of support and prior usage there.

The reason I say this is because you claim

"And the case that I gave, where the gov't can give a benefit program to one group without taking it away from another group, does not even remotely come close to being a zero sum game."

The only way this works in a non zero-sum sense is, if the new program requires no resources that are limited.   ....

Or if tax revenue increases because of a growing economy

Can I play make-up-an-insulting-name game too? Here: It's obvious that you believe in the "if it exists, it must have been stolen" theory of how stuff comes to be.

10 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The only way this works in a non zero-sum sense is, if the new program requires no resources that are limited. Starting with money. Because the moment that new benefit program (or expanded program) needs to be funded, those funds come from taxation revenue, and therefore by definition that money cannot now be spent on anything else and all/one/some other programs have to be partially or fully de-funded to make that money available to the new one. That is a zero-sum game.

The only 2 ways around it are to raise taxation and dedicate the raised portion to a new program or inflate the currency.

Note well that I 'm not objecting to either or both, I just strongly object to the idea that you can provide something tangible for no actual resource cost. If you can, why do Governments run a budget at all?

Intangibles, sure, not a problem.

FKT

Intangibles still require a resource input, just usually not much material input. Sometimes intangibles are very very expensive in money, like education.

Inflation is taking something from all, and it's actually pretty regressive as a form of taxation (bad). A certain amount of inflation is generally accepted as the cost of stability, in pretty much every modern macro-economic theory. So, it's fully possible that if the gov't is going manage the nation's economy in such a way as to have the right amount of inflation, new or expanded programs DO come at no cost... or rather, if we're going to be economically rigo(u)rous, at only the opportunity cost (which you mention above) of something different that could have been done.

Is that "magic pudding"?

- DSK

16 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

After 250 years of running ever increasing deficits, the US critters would all say "why bother with budgeting" at all?

Having thought about this quite a bit over the years, moving from a "balanced budget amendment" backer, I think it comes down to one simple thing. Tax just enough so that the Critters don't have an incentive to print money at rates that put the debt too high.

In the US we have a problem right now, the folks that matter, the ones who write $500k checks to stage insurrections, pay effectively no taxes, so they don't give a shit about spending. Since they don't give a shit about spending, the gov't, well, spends.

The US needs to raise taxes on those that matter enough so that they start putting a bit of pressure on the spending side of the equation.

43 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

After 250 years of running ever increasing deficits, the US critters would all say "why bother with budgeting" at all?

Having thought about this quite a bit over the years, moving from a "balanced budget amendment" backer, I think it comes down to one simple thing. Tax just enough so that the Critters don't have an incentive to print money at rates that put the debt too high.

In the US we have a problem right now, the folks that matter, the ones who write $500k checks to stage insurrections, pay effectively no taxes, so they don't give a shit about spending. Since they don't give a shit about spending, the gov't, well, spends.

The US needs to raise taxes on those that matter enough so that they start putting a bit of pressure on the spending side of the equation.

ding ding ding

They also are almost all programmed to hate-hate-HATE paying taxes, and so in the avoiding of paying taxes, they fund a lot of worthwhile stuff

- DSK

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Mitch is coming out firing, bullshitters. Ducka you heada...Lollobrigida. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/536850-mcconnell-says-taylor-greene-a-cancer-to-gop-country

Is Mitch growing a spine, at least when it comes to keeping Team GOP a viable brand?

Just now, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Is Mitch growing a spine, at least when it comes to keeping Team GOP a viable brand?

Someone will cut his balls off again overnight. Did you see him backpeddle on blaming that former prez for the insurrection?  Left skid marks in reverse.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Someone will cut his balls off again overnight. Did you see him backpeddle on blaming that former prez for the insurrection?  Left skid marks in reverse.

For a disgraced reality-show host who lost a lot of money in real estate and other boondoggles, Turnip holds a ludicrous amount of power.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Glad to hear you don't think everything given to a POC is taking away from a white person ... BUT

Let me know when you are ready consider the idea that a POC might actually earn something they get. Or deserve something.

I not only "consider" the idea, but I acknowledge the absolute fact that black folk who work hard - earn and deserve what they get.  Just like brown folk do.  Just like yellow folk do.  Just like white folk do.  

I do, however, believe that there is a vocal faction out there among the SJW circles that subscribes to the notion that brown people can only rise if white people are pushed down.  Or at the least steps aside.  The white privilege narrative is the most compelling eva dents of this.  I.e. whites only got what they got because they're white.  Blacks get nothing because they are black.  IOW, one group must be torn down before another can rise - rather than for the two to peacefully coexist and both to prosper side by side.

I also pretty strongly believe that the current trumpism phenomena is linked to this.  Among the vile racist narrative is a grain of truth.  I don't excuse the most blatant of the racists, but I think there has been a shift in thinking among the "woke" that there is more political traction in blame than there is in working together.  And blame has created a natural pushback from the folks who are being blamed who haven't done anything wrong and are only trying to live their lives, put food on the table for their kids and take a vacay once a year if they are lucky.  But all they hear is they are to blame for the ills of all of society.  And they correctly are saying, "Fuck You!"  

Just now, Burning Man said:

I not only "consider" the idea, but I acknowledge the absolute fact that black folk who work hard - earn and deserve what they get.  Just like brown folk do.  Just like yellow folk do.  Just like white folk do.  

I do, however, believe that there is a vocal faction out there among the SJW circles that subscribes to the notion that brown people can only rise if white people are pushed down.  Or at the least steps aside.  The white privilege narrative is the most compelling eva dents of this.  I.e. whites only got what they got because they're white.  Blacks get nothing because they are black.  IOW, one group must be torn down before another can rise - rather than for the two to peacefully coexist and both to prosper side by side.

I also pretty strongly believe that the current trumpism phenomena is linked to this.  Among the vile racist narrative is a grain of truth.  I don't excuse the most blatant of the racists, but I think there has been a shift in thinking among the "woke" that there is more political traction in blame than there is in working together.  And blame has created a natural pushback from the folks who are being blamed who haven't done anything wrong and are only trying to live their lives, put food on the table for their kids and take a vacay once a year if they are lucky.  But all they hear is they are to blame for the ills of all of society.  And they correctly are saying, "Fuck You!"  

Yep, keep blaming the darkies, and the rich will continue to laugh.

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

In view of the political situation in the USA right now, you'd have to be pretty damn dumb to think that there are more "SJWs that subscribe to the notion that brown people can only rise if white people are pushed down" than there are drooling goobers who are mad as hell because some guy on hate-spew media is telling them about all the SJWs trying to push them down.

And their method of saying "fuck you" is fucking themselves over pretty hard. Did the farmers in all the red states get a better deal? Did the coal miners? Did any factory jobs come back? They're chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.

Unfortunately they are also destroying the country... a goal which many of them have now chosen deliberately

- DSK

18 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

The reality is more likely some mega bucks donor has had enough of the GOP insanity and is threatening to walk if Mitch doesn't stand up to the nutjobs and the column inches of outrage being generated.

Wowsers!

McConnell: Marjorie Taylor Greene's views are a 'cancer' for the GOP

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell on Monday issued a tacit rebuke of controversial Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, slamming the Georgia Republican's "loony lies and conspiracy theories" as a "cancer" for the party. 

"Loony lies and conspiracy theories are cancer for the Republican Party and our country," McConnell said in a statement. "Somebody who's suggested that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, that horrifying school shootings were pre-staged, and that the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.'s airplane is not living in reality. This has nothing to do with the challenges facing American families or the robust debates on substance that can strengthen our party."

2 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Wowsers!

McConnell: Marjorie Taylor Greene's views are a 'cancer' for the GOP

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell on Monday issued a tacit rebuke of controversial Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, slamming the Georgia Republican's "loony lies and conspiracy theories" as a "cancer" for the party. 

"Loony lies and conspiracy theories are cancer for the Republican Party and our country," McConnell said in a statement. "Somebody who's suggested that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, that horrifying school shootings were pre-staged, and that the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.'s airplane is not living in reality. This has nothing to do with the challenges facing American families or the robust debates on substance that can strengthen our party."

Battle lines have been drawn - 

Greene quickly shot back on Twitter, asserting that "the real cancer for the Republican Party is weak Republicans who only know how to lose gracefully. This is why we are losing our country."

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
5 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

"Loony lies and conspiracy theories are cancer for the Republican Party and our country," McConnell said ......

Greene quickly shot back on Twitter, asserting that "the real cancer for the Republican Party is weak Republicans who only know how to lose gracefully. This is why we are losing our country."

Umm, I hate to be the one to break it to her.... in fact I'm not even going near that crazy bitch if I can help it, I don't want to be in the same -state- as her.... but McConnell WON his election.

She's really a dumbass. An inspiration to many, I bet

- DSK

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

All the more reason to BTBD.

28 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

PUI again Jeff? Based on your words above, you do excuse the least blatant of the racists, and they are the most dangerous kind, because racist they are, and they do the most damage, i.e. denying apartment leases, making it hard to vote, denying promotions, making it impossible to get student loans, gerrymandering districts, racial profiling, etc.

You've got to realize something. Ghettos don't make themselves; landlords do.

And to quote Inigo Montoya when it comes to "Woke,"

You keep using that word, I don't think you know what it means.

• Like 1

Mitch has obviously figured out which direction the money is flowing, and ISN'T flowing. 

That Jewish Space Lasers Start Forest Fires thing is really going to get AIPAC's wallets slammed shut in a hurry.  

It will be interesting to see who will line up behind Mitch on this one.  My guess is there are a whole lot of R pols with their wet index fingers in the air looking for a zephyr.   If it comes down to not enough room in the R party for both Mitch vs. Marjorie, and it may well come to that, it is hard to imagine MM losing, but it is not out of the question.  There is a ton of MM hate up on the front page of Gab at the moment:

image.png.05ca4f68b37016acfabbd74adce105ef.png

image.png.726b60b83c92102f222f79eb5521e1d4.png

The setup for the schism is already being played out on the front page of Gab and on MTG's Twitter.  She is casting many in the entire R party as cowards and losers.  This stand-off can't last long.

20 hours ago, Raz'r said:
22 hours ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

No, thanks for asking.

What a relief. Questions to which the answer is obvious, but which still won't be answered, are my very favorite kind. Thanks for contributing to my fun!

Please read her twatter feed, she is worse than the last worst person, that got booted. very prolific as well. My grandparents generation fought and died to rid the world of NAZIS. Too bad NAZIS are like a virus that never goes away.

image.jpeg.985ca2c5e2a5704dd1b2c6a1611b5290.jpegimage.jpeg.4d47b5c9ecf4562ba756125d6726c8e0.jpeg

On 1/31/2021 at 6:35 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So you agree then - distributing tax money is a zero sum game. And therefore your comments re Jeff are off point, because he was correct. Assuming he accepts your characterisation.

Now arguing that the bias in distribution where some get more and others less is interesting, but let's not pretend that it's anything other than a zero-sum game, given a fixed tax base.

Raising the tax base is another argument entirely but it *still* becomes a zero-sum game, just at a higher total pool amount.

FKT

There is not a fixed tax base.

Government works best when it facilitates growth.  You can buy and hold property and even pass it down to your progeny.  It is not because you sit out there all day and night with a damn shotgun.

12 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Mitch has obviously figured out which direction the money is flowing, and ISN'T flowing. 

That Jewish Space Lasers Start Forest Fires thing is really going to get AIPAC's wallets slammed shut in a hurry.  

8 hours ago, hasher said:

You can buy and hold property and even pass it down to your progeny.  It is not because you sit out there all day and night with a damn shotgun.

If the property in question is an (assault weapon, ordinary .22) or an accessory for such a tool, no, you can't pass it down to your progeny in some states. They're trying to make that the law and/or put it in the FL constitution, but hasn't happened as yet. In CT, for example, billy backstay is the last legal owner of his scary magazine. Other states have similar delayed confiscation programs.

23 minutes ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

If the property in question is an (assault weapon, ordinary .22) or an accessory for such a tool, no, you can't pass it down to your progeny in some states. They're trying to make that the law and/or put it in the FL constitution, but hasn't happened as yet. In CT, for example, billy backstay is the last legal owner of his scary magazine. Other states have similar delayed confiscation programs.

A physical asset is just a different form of Cash.

The biggest delayed confiscation program is the Estate Tax.

Do you have a problem with that as well? (Note, that's a question, not an assumption) 

I do have a problem with it. I think it should be MORE confiscatory.

40 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

A physical asset is just a different form of Cash.

The biggest delayed confiscation program is the Estate Tax.

Do you have a problem with that as well? (Note, that's a question, not an assumption) 

I do have a problem with it. I think it should be MORE confiscatory.

Would 200% work for you?

FKT

3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Would 200% work for you?

FKT

?

US Experience, first $12mill is passed on untaxed.

Rest, at some low rate. 

Creates trust fund babies who fund insurrections. (and whine about the loss of white privilege)

Just now, Raz'r said:

?

Rest, at some low rate. 

Creates trust fund babies who fund insurrections. (and whine about the loss of white privilege)

Just wondered if you had a percentage in mind is all. Or were doing an Olsonist whining about how things are sooo unfair but when asked what would be fair, run a mile and never answer.

I likely agree on taxing intergenerational wealth transfers with caveats. Just thought I'd toss a number out there, see what the counter-number was.

So far there isn't one which makes for a boring discussion. Shrug. I'm trying to avoid doing any actual work.

FKT

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

?

Rest, at some low rate. 

It's actually slightly under $12mil, and the rest is at 40%.

And that's just the feds. Your state may have its own taxes as well. (Washington starts at just over $2mil.)

23 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

He was referring to all Team GOP who are crazy, and doesn't want to single out Green.

From the news story:   "McConnell didn't mention Greene by name in his three-sentence statement"

YCMTSU

“GOP Sen. Tommy Tuberville says he doesn't know anything about Marjorie Taylor Greene because bad weather has prevented him from reading the news”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-sen-tommy-tuberville-says-201400141.html

There are no words. Is this the dumbest Senator ever?

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Just wondered if you had a percentage in mind is all. Or were doing an Olsonist whining about how things are sooo unfair but when asked what would be fair, run a mile and never answer.

I likely agree on taxing intergenerational wealth transfers with caveats. Just thought I'd toss a number out there, see what the counter-number was.

So far there isn't one which makes for a boring discussion. Shrug. I'm trying to avoid doing any actual work.

FKT

Dart board, 30% and ramp up to 70% at say $100million

So.... It's been bad weather here, so I couldn't read the news.... Did McCarthy ream out MTG,..... Or.... Er...... I mean talk to her?

While y'all are nibbling away at the edges of the irrelevant , the barbarians are storming the gates . . 

Some of us (well, me at least), have been calling this fascism for a good while. 

Mike Gerson finally gets it. 

Welcome to the party . . (no pay wall on this article) 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumpism-is-american-fascism/2021/02/01/c410f662-64b2-11eb-8c64-9595888caa15_story.html

". . some have adopted a very different political philosophy than the Founders held. This approach to government promises the recovery of a mythical past. It feeds a sense of White victimhood. It emphasizes emotion over reason. It denigrates experts and expertise. It slanders outsiders and blames them for social and economic ills. It warns of global plots by Jews and shadowy elites. It accepts the lies of a leader as a deeper form of political truth. It revels in anger and dehumanization. It praises law and order while reserving the right to disobey the law and overturn the political order through violence." 

• Like 1

Careful about making sense. We’re talking about really nutty people. The GA state GOP may want her to run against Warnock, knowing she’d likely lose. That would get her off the stage and out of the House. The other choice is to push her into a tougher seat via redistricting. But she's in rural GA, in GA-14, NW corner of GA. I don't think they can redraw her out. FWIW, GA will probably gain a seat.

48 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

There is no question in my mind that MTG is trying to absorb as many of Trumps MAGA to her cause in support of a presidential bid in 2024. 

Sounds like there's going to be a crowded field. I count about 3400 declared candidates right now. 

6 hours ago, Raz'r said:
6 hours ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

If the property in question is an (assault weapon, ordinary .22)

You need to seek help.

Seriously.

2 hours ago, Rain Man said:

There is no question in my mind that MTG is trying to absorb as many of Trumps MAGA to her cause in support of a presidential bid in 2024. 

Well that should be weird.

3 hours ago, Rain Man said:

I sincerely hope she runs as a Republican and wins their nomination. 

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

I sincerely hope she runs as a Republican and wins their nomination. 

I think she has dynamited the bridge with the R's at this point, unless she can have MM whacked.  She'll run for the new Patriot Party.  

9 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

So.... It's been bad weather here, so I couldn't read the news.... Did McCarthy ream out MTG,..... Or.... Er...... I mean talk to her?

Supposedly McCarthy is going to remove her from the education committee.  I doubt it because he has even less of a spine than Miss Lindsey.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/02/03/biden-embraces-the-left-while-mccarthy-may-purge-a-member-on-the-right-491619

10 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Supposedly McCarthy is going to remove her from the education committee.  I doubt it because he has even less of a spine than Miss Lindsey.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/02/03/biden-embraces-the-left-while-mccarthy-may-purge-a-member-on-the-right-491619

Seriously, which option would you expect Rep. Taylor Greene to select?

McCarthy tried to give Greene options, according to a person familiar with their talk: She could denounce QAnon and apologize publicly for espousing hurtful conspiracy theories and endorsing violence on Democrats. She could remove herself from the panel to spare her colleagues a vote on the matter. Or, she could face removal from her own GOP peers.

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

McCarthy tried to give Greene options, according to a person familiar with their talk: She could denounce QAnon and apologize publicly for espousing hurtful conspiracy theories and endorsing violence on Democrats. She could remove herself from the panel to spare her colleagues a vote on the matter. Or, she could face removal from her own GOP peers.

None of the above. I expect a stupid, futile gesture on somebody’s part. 

The question is... who among the Republicans are dealing in good faith? I would like to believe it's not zero, but anybody who trusts any of them without solid backing is a fool.

And yeah, a few Democrats act in bad faith and many of them are fools.

At a time when the country is literally fighting a violent fascist insurgency, i would like to see a high standard of statesmanship become..... standard.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

The question is... who among the Republicans are dealing in good faith? I would like to believe it's not zero, but anybody who trusts any of them without solid backing is a fool.

And yeah, a few Democrats act in bad faith and many of them are fools.

At a time when the country is literally fighting a violent fascist insurgency, i would like to see a high standard of statesmanship become..... standard.

- DSK

Adam kinzinger

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Good luck with that!

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

None of the above. I expect a stupid, futile gesture on somebody’s part. 

Oh, I believe she is going with what is behind Door #3.

This is a battle for supremacy.  She sees herself as the future of the GOP, I do believe.

As such, she is likely counting on enough people lacking integrity that she won't be booted by her own party.

11 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh, I believe she is going with what is behind Door #3.

This is a battle for supremacy.  She sees herself as the future of the GOP, I do believe.

As such, she is likely counting on enough people lacking integrity that she won't be booted by her own party.

She sees a fifth door.

17 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

YCMTSU

“GOP Sen. Tommy Tuberville says he doesn't know anything about Marjorie Taylor Greene because bad weather has prevented him from reading the news”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-sen-tommy-tuberville-says-201400141.html

There are no words. Is this the dumbest Senator ever?

In Georgia we are thankful for Alabama.  And as to Auburn, it is good for every state to have a decent high school.

• Like 1

Sure enough McCarty had no spine.  Now the DemocRATS are going to have a floor vote and strip her of committee assignments. 
GOP donors and insiders are not happy.  His days of minority leadership are numbered.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/537235-mccarthy-announces-no-actions-against-greene

There’s no other way to slice this: McCarthy completely screwed this up and threw the conference under the bus in the process. It’s the job of the leader to protect members from bad floor votes. He could’ve dealt with this a week ago and his inability to ever take a position allowed Democrats to make the decision for him and put our members in the absolute worse position possible,”  one GOP operative said following Hoyer’s announcement on the vote. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Sure enough McCarty had no spine.  Now the DemocRATS are going to have a floor vote and strip her of committee assignments. 
GOP donors and insiders are not happy.  His days of minority leadership are numbered.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/537235-mccarthy-announces-no-actions-against-greene

There’s no other way to slice this: McCarthy completely screwed this up and threw the conference under the bus in the process. It’s the job of the leader to protect members from bad floor votes. He could’ve dealt with this a week ago and his inability to ever take a position allowed Democrats to make the decision for him and put our members in the absolute worse position possible,”  one GOP operative said following Hoyer’s announcement on the vote. 

Chickenshit move.

He had a spine when Rep. Steve King wondered why "white supremacy" was offensive.

The GOP sure seems like they are all on board the crazy train.

35 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Chickenshit move.

He had a spine when Rep. Steve King wondered why "white supremacy" was offensive.

The GOP sure seems like they are all on board the crazy train.

I think the Congressional Democrats are going the wrong way with this.

If you're going escalate, fucking escalate!

Bring guns in? Hell yeah, you pussies want gunz I am bringing a 60mm mortar and let a few rounds go into the ceiling. It's OK to incite and insurrection? Fine, some of my followers will be meeting you at your home.

Fuck 'em

If you're willing to be civil, and the other guy isn't, then after a certain time it is pointless to keep asking. Instead, motivate THEM to be the ones to ask for a return to civility.

36 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Another reason I turned in my R card this year after 45 years. 

For my father, who used to describe himself as a hereditary Republican, the final straw was Vice President Cheney saying "Torture is GOOD when -we- do it." I have never been a Republican and never been much interested in either party. I'm pretty much an anti-Republican now.

- DSK

23 hours ago, Raz'r said:

?

Rest, at some low rate. 

Why should the gov't be entitled to taxes on an asset that have already been taxed once for my family?  

14 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Why should the gov't be entitled to taxes on an asset that have already been taxed once for my family?  

Because otherwise you have all the money migrating to the top 1% and staying there. Not that it matters, they pay lawyers to get around minor annoyances like "laws" that don't really apply to them anyway :rolleyes:

* i wish my biggest problem in life was my kids being billionaires instead of trillionaires

53 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Bring guns in? Hell yeah, you pussies want gunz I am bringing a 60mm mortar and let a few rounds go into the ceiling. It's OK to incite and insurrection? Fine, some of my followers will be meeting you at your home.

Fuck 'em

If you're willing to be civil, and the other guy isn't, then after a certain time it is pointless to keep asking. Instead, motivate THEM to be the ones to ask for a return to civility.

For my father, who used to describe himself as a hereditary Republican, the final straw was Vice President Cheney saying "Torture is GOOD when -we- do it." I have never been a Republican and never been much interested in either party. I'm pretty much an anti-Republican now.

- DSK

They wanna play with guns? Set up a crew served .50 cal machine gun in front of the coffee machine!

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Fuck 'em

- DSK

Another big talking man spouting "look how tough I am" shit on the interwebs.  Have you murdered any of your neo-nazi neighbors yet?

21 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

... They wanna play with guns? Set up a crew served .50 cal machine gun in front of the coffee machine!

Or if the guy in line behind you is one of 'them' put a hand grenade in the coffee machine... go ahead, push the button for extra cream, mutha fukka!!

- DSK

5 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Another big talking man spouting "look how tough I am" shit on the interwebs.  Have you murdered any of your neo-nazi neighbors yet?

Didn't mean to scare you, sorry

- DSK

The thing is this....

Remember Fort Sumter? (No, of course you don't, except maybe Saorsa)

The Confederates attacked the Federals. And people died.

After the Federals (The Unionists/USA) beat the cowardly rebels down, and finally, after a horrible bloody war that pitted brother against brother, there was supposed to be a reunification. But that never really happened. "The South will rise again!" is the credo.

But once again "The South" is trying to rise again. It's trying to bring back all the glory of 1850.

Black people, women, and anyone not of Anglo/European descent are inferior.

You may not believe this if you grew up in the south, or live anywhere else, but as a person who grew up in New England, and was forced to learn the truth about US history, I am appalled at what I see and hear now that I live in the South. Even my wife, who grew up in racist Virginia.... A woman who's family proudly claims that their great, great grandfather, Edmund Ruffin, fired the first shot on Ft. Sumter, can't stand or understand the shit that's going on today around here.

12 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The thing is this....

Remember Fort Sumter? (No, of course you don't, except maybe Saorsa)

The Confederates attacked the Federals. And people died.

After the Federals (The Unionists/USA) beat the cowardly rebels down, and finally, after a horrible bloody war that pitted brother against brother, there was supposed to be a reunification. But that never really happened. "The South will rise again!" is the credo.

But once again "The South" is trying to rise again. It's trying to bring back all the glory of 1850.

Black people, women, and anyone not of Anglo/European descent are inferior.

You may not believe this if you grew up in the south, or live anywhere else, but as a person who grew up in New England, and was forced to learn the truth about US history, I am appalled at what I see and hear now that I live in the South. Even my wife, who grew up in racist Virginia.... A woman who's family proudly claims that their great, great grandfather, Edmund Ruffin, fired the first shot on Ft. Sumter, can't stand or understand the shit that's going on today around here.

Don't forget, he fired the last shot as well, reportedly saying "I don't want to live in a world where the Confederacy could lose".  Or so the story goes.

59 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Then you’re a dumbass or you suffer from a lack of understanding of how the rich actually get, well, rich. It ain’t income. Most of those assets have never been taxed at their current value. Artwork, Land, wine collections, cars, all passed on and their basis value automagically reset. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Then you’re a dumbass or you suffer from a lack of understanding of how the rich actually get, well, rich. It ain’t income. Most of those assets have never been taxed at their current value. Artwork, Land, wine collections, cars, all passed on and their basis value automagically reset. 

Wealth is rarely truly taxed, and certainly not at a meaningful rate.  Capital gains taxes are a joke.  Depreciation schedules are designed to protect wealth accrual.  Top marginal tax rates exist only to blow smoke in the eyes of the wage slave. 

Under the current structure, it is nearly impossible for a truly wealthy person to not maintain their wealth...they can't even give it away fast enough.  Look at Bill Gates of Mackenzie Scott, people who are trying to give away much of their money.  Last fall, Scott gave away $6 billion in 4 months and ended up $15 billion richer.  

And to get to BM's point, the government isn't "entitled" to that money, the government is asking (rather politely in the case of rich folks) to be paid appropriately for services rendered:  A stable money, a stable government, a sound infrastructure ... which is a very good return on investment as long as the fuckin' greedy and very, very stupid, short-term-thinking Republicans don't fuck it up.)

• Like 1