Jump to content

Voting is too important to be left to the people


Recommended Posts

On 2/1/2021 at 7:45 AM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

However this is still second order stuff. You guys need to fix the voting SYSTEM. That means, IMO:

Fixing disenfranchisement. Suggestions:

Making it simple to register to get on the electoral roll. And making it harder for officials to toss someone off the roll.

Making sure there is a polling station maximum spacing so people can actually get to one.

Making sure polling stations are staffed according to population density.

Making polling station hours are reasonable.

Compulsory voting. Boom. done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Battlecheese said:

Compulsory voting. Boom. done.

But, but, but - freeDUM. You can't actually MAKE people participate in their own democracy. What are you, some sort of commie?

As far as I can tell from the biased sample here, people mainly want to whine about the system but few to none want to put in the hard yards to actually fix it. Therefore - shrug. Tough shit, when the next smarter Trump comes along, it'll likely be too late.

But you had plenty of warnings.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

But, but, but - freeDUM. You can't actually MAKE people participate in their own democracy. What are you, some sort of commie?

As far as I can tell from the biased sample here, people mainly want to whine about the system but few to none want to put in the hard yards to actually fix it. Therefore - shrug. Tough shit, when the next smarter Trump comes along, it'll likely be too late.

But you had plenty of warnings.

FKT

How does compulsory voting would fix any of that?

When I was in Australia, the apolitical people I knew went into the polling place, voted whatever line was the most popular of the day, and went out happy to finished with that chore, remarkably similar to 18 year men who have to register for Selective Service in the USA.

As far as I could tell, all that compulsory voting did was just bolster the dominant party's lines. It was as useless to the "animated contest of freedom" as Selective Service is to get a bunch of weed-smoking lefties to "participate" in happily volunteering to drop bombs on brown people's heads by remote control flying killer robots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

As far as I can tell from the biased sample here,

For certain, all you need to know about Gringolandia is on PA . . 

No need to do any homework of your own - no siree 

Link to post
Share on other sites

AJ Mandrake, do you recall what @benwynnonce said about elections? ... He said "Elections are is too important to be left to the politicians" When he said that, fifty years ago, he may have been right. But today Elections are too important to be left to the voters. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Librul infiltration, Librul indoctrination, Librul subversion, and the international Librul conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

AJ Mandrake, do you recall what @benwynnonce said about elections? ... He said "Elections are is too important to be left to the politicians" When he said that, fifty years ago, he may have been right. But today Elections are too important to be left to the voters. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Librul infiltration, Librul indoctrination, Librul subversion, and the international Librul conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Well said General Turgidson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, Battlecheese said:
On 1/31/2021 at 12:45 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

However this is still second order stuff. You guys need to fix the voting SYSTEM. That means, IMO:

Fixing disenfranchisement. Suggestions:

Making it simple to register to get on the electoral roll. And making it harder for officials to toss someone off the roll.

Making sure there is a polling station maximum spacing so people can actually get to one.

Making sure polling stations are staffed according to population density.

Making polling station hours are reasonable.

Compulsory voting. Boom. done.

Non-political voting and redistricting commissions.

Get rid of those stupid slot machines and use paper ballots marked with a X.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Non-political voting and redistricting commissions.

Get rid of those stupid slot machines and use paper ballots marked with a X.

Let's not get too radical.

The single best reason why the USA will never, ever adopt any of the ideas from Canada, Australia or indeed anywhere else with a demonstrated better/fairer electoral system?

NIH.

FKT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

NIH is at the root of so many fuckups in America.

Curious that Americans are perfectly willing to buy all their shit from other countries but ideas?

Nooooo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You all should know that it is the US Reich that stands in the way of 

just about any sensible election reform you can name . . 

ballot security, campaign $, gerrymandering, long lines to vote . .  

you name it. 

So please stop pretending that our election flaws are bi-partisan, 

They are not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...