4 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

Thanks. Sorta.

Understood

• 2 weeks later...

A prominent anti-regime protest leader in Monywa, Sagaing Region was beaten and dragged away by junta forces after having his motor scooter rammed on Thursday afternoon.

Ko Wai Moe Naing was detained after regime forces drove a large vehicle head-on into a group of motor scooters carrying him and other anti-regime protesters. After being violently knocked to the ground, witnesses said the 26-year-old was beaten and dragged away.

A man was shot dead and four others were wounded in a mosque compound when regime troops raided a Muslim neighborhood in Mandalay on Thursday morning.

Ko Ko Htet, 20, was struck in the chest when five soldiers randomly opened fire in the compound of Sule Mosque in Maha Aung Myay Township. His disabled brother-in-law Ko Min Min Latt was shot in the hand.

https://www.irrawaddy.com/

We got our staffer out in the nick of time. 50 hours of drafting and filing documents later. Her neighbors house was knocked down the morning she flew out. Scary. She will hang out in Bangkok until we can sort out a us visa for her. 

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

We got our staffer out in the nick of time. 50 hours of drafting and filing documents later. Her neighbors house was knocked down the morning she flew out. Scary. She will hang out in Bangkok until we can sort out a us visa for her. 

SA has/had a staffer in Burma?

48 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Did she have a media flag?

Or an assault slingshot?

"Every day, when Ko Win Kyaw goes out to demonstrate against the Myanmar military, he carries his slingshot and a supply of rocks as ammunition," Richard C. Paddock reported for The New York Times on April 17. "What began as peaceful protests after the Feb. 1 coup rapidly grew into a resistance movement, with citizens defending themselves using slingshots, homemade air guns, old hunting rifles and firebombs."

And some rocks. Assault rocks, I guess.

Her dad manufactured slingshots. They are in hiding now. Silver lining is that we will have a Bangkok office and incubator up and running by june

7 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Her dad manufactured slingshots. They are in hiding now. Silver lining is that we will have a Bangkok office and incubator up and running by june

You're going to start raising chickens?

Meanwhile my Thai/us dual citizen chef over there just told me that “incubator” is some millennial bullshit term. Apparently it is a collab or confab or spark center or some such shit these days. HEY! I only turned 49 yesterday!

I told him to call it whatever the fuck he wants as long as it makes money and helps save Burmese people!