Special Edition - Wilderness 30 for sale

I had one for a few years from new. Hull#6 maybe? Charlie Welch of Seattle had one. Hull#3 I think. We went for a little sail on Lake Union before buying mine. And he went on to a Peterson 42 two tonner. It was a great boat if you had enough beef on the rail as it could be tippy. But on a reach or downwind at was a monster. One of our crew on our ILC 40 bought one when he moved to Bainbridge Is. He had some fun with it but upgraded (in size) to a Dash 34. Chuck Burns is on my FB "friends" list and if he hasn't seen this yet I'll send him a link of this thread.

Fuck yeah! Love the first part with the 3 still up and the second part with the big steering Inputs to keep the boat under the kite. One thing that be said is it has enough rudder to keep it under control at speed when loaded up. Thing was on rails in the last bit with meat on the rail and the boat dialed in and spinnaker just breaking. Thing of beauty. Makes me want to go sailing! Thanks op.

Raced on a wilderness 30 back in the 90s on sf Bay. That was a fun boat, can't remember its name or the owner now, damn getting old..

• 3 weeks later...

Sold.   Thanks S-A for being a great place to advertise and thank Dom for the killer video that got everyone excited.

The boat is going into the caring hands of a skilled owner who will do a fantastic job of continuing the fine racing tradition of Special Edition.

• Like 2
On 3/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, Maxx Baqustae said:

My old Wildy at SOAR at about 2 minutes on: 

Great video.   The irony is that I watched this before buying Special Ed and it was part of why I wanted a Wilderness.   I was impressed by the ease of recovery from the spin out.    

2 hours ago, Delta Dog said:

Great video.   The irony is that I watched this before buying Special Ed and it was part of why I wanted a Wilderness.   I was impressed by the ease of recovery from the spin out.    

Yup. I sent a link to Chuck Burns this. He's on my FB friends list.

Those two video so clearly show how symmetrical chutes on a tall mast are the opposite of fast.

You want the bow to go up, not under, when in a puff! Put a Looooooooooong sprit on that thing!!

I have always admired those boats! Really nice.