I am looking at trucking a 120 from Annapolis to Michigan. With the 7' draft, has anyone trucked one of these with the keel on? I am told they have been, but would rather hear that from someone who has actually done it. Thanks!

Use the search function.  I had a thread a year back about this.  From that, it can be trucked and be under 13’-6” if loaded right.  Also email J-boats as they may have a drawing showing how to do it.  Roleur on here has done it and posted a pic of it.  Good Luck!  Did you buy ETG?

I ended up doing a water delivery for mine but was considering trucking when COVID shut everything down.

No, my client has an offer in on ETG. He's trying to figure out costs before he responds to the counter from the seller, so I'm trying to give good service and get him some answers! Thanks for your input!

Moved J120s plenty of times.

Bow pulpit and first two, running aft, stanchion's must be removed and the wheel. You will then clear.

I believe i have the shipping document that Jboat produced showing all the dimension. If you want it send me a message.

Which J120 you looking at

Stu- that's great. It is Euro Trash Girl. I'm the broker, but trying to help my buyer as best I can. Obviously leaving the keel on will save him a bunch. If you could send me that shipping document that would be fantastic; be good to have something for the trucking company as well as my client. Dave@crusaderyachts.com Thanks!

Moved a J/120 last winter from Annapolis to Western NY- Bow pulpit staid on.  Just removed wheel.

It can be done- truck may have to take slightly different route- but possible without huge added expense.

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Moved a J/120 last winter from Annapolis to Western NY- Bow pulpit staid on.  Just removed wheel.

It can be done- truck may have to take slightly different route- but possible without huge added expense.

Thanks!

I've moved a few boats and found PA to be the worst as far as permits.  Unless it has improved since then, your permit agent has to build the route and submit it to each regional road engineer rather than one state clearing house. PA has 2 seasons.  Snow and road work.  If one rejects his section of the route, you have to start over.  Had a wide 42 footer stuck at the Ohio/PA border for 4 days in early May one year shipping agent finally told the driver he would cover fines and tickets and to just run it without a permit.  Hew told me he only had to raise the trailer and run through the back roads for one weigh station.  Glad I didn't see that.  14 foot beam with a 64' mast strapped on to the side.  

We had to remove the bow pulpit and wheel to ship from Texas to California.

pic_7.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...