On 2/10/2021 at 10:10 AM, slug zitski said:

No BN 

the wokesters will cancel you 

you will  be put on the no fly list 

your rating certificate  will be withdrawn 

What's the matter with being a Boat Nurturer ?   ;-)  :lol:

• Like 2
On 2/9/2021 at 10:50 AM, Vin said:

Of course they are cool! So is saying that Mt Gay hats are the domain of 2 year PHRF superstars. Trucker hats are also cool (along with a solid 'stache to go along with it). 

We should have a cool / not cool ongoing list for sailing. I will start:

COOL:

• Patagonia branded vests / jackets
  • boat branded buffs
  • your boat's own personal instagram hashtag

NOT COOL:

• North Face anything...out of style but will come back which
  • Mountain Hardwear...keep it on the rocks

:)

As an aside, Mountain Hardwear is MUCH better made than North Face, which USED to be T H E  B E S T  but those days are sadly gone.
Patagonia is not as cool as 1970s Line 7.

Mount Gay should just sell the hats and give that cats piss in the bottle away. Around here, nothing says nubie trying to hard like someone wearing one of those hats.

52 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Mount Gay should just sell the hats and give that cats piss in the bottle away. Around here, nothing says nubie trying to hard like someone wearing one of those hats.

That's pretty rich considering how fucking irredeemably awful Bundy is ;)

• Like 1
On 2/12/2021 at 12:02 AM, Snaggletooth said:

Red Hat Hate resulteng frome MAGA hangovere?

so you don't take insulin

people were so pleased with Jacking Gas supplies "your" president killed the insulin price reduction Mr TRUMP put into place

MABA  .... Make *Americans Broke Again !!

* everyone else is welcome to get Shit (we need) for Free

On 2/12/2021 at 12:09 PM, Weyalan said:

That's pretty rich considering how fucking irredeemably awful Bundy is ;)

You won’t get any argument from me about that mate. Bundaberg Rum is only slightly below a cock on the list of things I won’t put in my mouth.

I used to live in Mystic back in the days of IOR  & Block Island Race week. If you went and earned that hat you could wear it with a wee bit of pride in the right circle. 

The biggest problem was out of the box that color red was offensive. You really needed to leave it outside for a season to weather. Just like those Bretton red pants the old Off Soundings guys wore. 

I wear red or blue hats everyday down here in AU. The Zhik hats are my favourites. They come in a nice red and weather quick under the Aussie sun.

If I lived in the States I’d ditch the red. Being mistaken for a Trump supporter that’s misspelled MAGA with Zhik isn’t worth the ridicule.

One day motoring home the exhaust tube on my Seagull engine went walkabout. This would have been welcome. That said, I have a big chunk of an ear missing from sun damage. It's like running with scissors. 

6 minutes ago, Pertsa said:

I dont like caps, they leave ears to burn so I use one like this when I am not using watchcap. Tell me how uncool this is :P:

HPC-SSP-S6-Boater-Front-Side.jpg

Normally you wear your cap backwards and duct tape your ears flat to reduce windage 

sunburn is not an issue 

8 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

never wear a hat that has more personality than you do..

For me hats have been servicing just purpose.

So how should I measure my personality, can I find personality index for different hats?

5 hours ago, Pertsa said:

So how should I measure my personality, can I find personality index for different hats?

Personality is fine, just don't forget to allow a couple of inches for your ear. Or more if you have two. Ears, not hats.

7 hours ago, Pertsa said:

Thissis a questione asksed sinse the don of time, moeste famousley by Tom; "So howe shoude I presuume"

I thick ist farr to pearsonalle an subjecttieve to billed sucha indexe.  It coude nevere work in anny measurabelle waye.

The smarte moove is allwayes go withe what you licke......................            :)

On 2/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, Pertsa said:

I dont like caps, they leave ears to burn so I use one like this when I am not using watchcap. Tell me how uncool this is :P:

HPC-SSP-S6-Boater-Front-Side.jpg

depositphotos_200275922-stock-photo-attr

9 hours ago, Pertsa said:

No need for an index its a binary comparison thing, either you or the hat has more personality.

If you ever think about whether the hat you are wearing has more personality than you, then it has. No hat has ever considered this question, all hats have too much personality for that shit.

3 hours ago, Pertsa said:

You see, width of the brim matters.

I would definitely wear that on my head.
As for Mt Gay, it starts to taste decent after you can no longer say “eclipse barbados rum” three times fast.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

no ugly inking

As rather young person myself I hate current tattoo craze in my generation. 98% of time they are just plain ugly.

It’s what I heard! 

But you can wear denim shorts with Berkinstocks and you can wear white sneakers with athletic clothes. Time to expand your wardrobe! 

I heard young people don’t use the doorbell either, they think it’s weird...

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thast alle I wearre summere time.........     wowe.........             :)

I top off the ensemble with a muscle shirt. Chicks always do a double take when I give 'em a nipple shot. YMLA Cut Out Muscle Shirt, Sexy Sleeveless Workout Tank Shirt

7 hours ago, Pertsa said:

As rather young person myself I hate current tattoo craze in my generation. 98% of time they are just plain ugly.

And they get nothing but uglier with time

Image result for Bad tramp stamps

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:
5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thast alle I wearre summere time.........     wowe.........             :)

I top off the ensemble with a muscle shirt. Chicks always do a double take when I give 'em a nipple shot. YMLA Cut Out Muscle Shirt, Sexy Sleeveless Workout Tank Shirt

You notte a badde lookeng man.....       our thoise diamonde studdes?