9 minutes ago, dacapo said:

THIS is awesome....

each green dot is a radio station. click on it and listen to the station. Worldwide...I just spent 20 min listening to Irish pub music from Dublin

http://radio.garden/visit/pomona-ny/ALAgnCng

That IS awesome! Thank you!

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

I just spent 20 min listening to Irish pub music from Dublin

It will be a bit slow but you will recover.

I just island hopped through the Caribbean....

Another very cool feature is the topographical background. It seems to be pretty accurate.

I was listening to the station from Hillsboro, Carriacou yesterday.... The background noise when the music wasn't playing was hillarious! (If you've ever been there, you'll know what I'm talking about. Mardi Gras full tilt, no prisoners taken etc.)

Radio Garden is great. 

Ive always liked to listen to local radio when travelling. Also shortwave. In the early days of portable MP3 players there was the RIO(which played wave files)which you could record pretty high quality sets for hours.

Then came Tune In Radio. Back in the day it was free, and you could pretty much record hours of music sets in a pretty high quality format from 100 thousand stations. Now I use Tune In Light (no record ability but free on a Bose system I have). 

I only ever get to the tip of the iceberg because there are so many stations. The other thing is, and I think it’s the same with Radio Garden, is there’s a big difference in the bandwidth that various radio stations provide, Radio Garden I think can handle up to the size of an AAC file which  is pretty good but it’ll depend on the station, so be on the listen out for higher quality stations.

Ive really only dabbled a bit with Radio Garden but Im gonna compare a couple of stations with Tune In and see where the sound is at.

Maybe gonna  start with Soca FM from Trinidad. High quality digital.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

kkup is one of the only purely listener supported stations left in the US

both have great DJ's and programs

KKUP is a terrific station with a very eclectic range of music.  I especially like their Monday Night Bluegrass from 6-9PM  B)

No Radio Garden needed for that.  

6 minutes ago, Winston29 said:

KKUP is a terrific station with a very eclectic range of music.  I especially like their Monday Night Bluegrass from 6-9PM  B)

No Radio Garden needed for that.  

Not here, no. That bluegrass show has some amazing stuff on it. Super talented bands and sometimes crossover stuff where it's hard to think it's a bluegrass instrument lineup. I donated during their grateful dead marathon and got a couple nice double cd albums and a nice t shirt. 

• Like 1
On 2/14/2021 at 9:06 PM, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

kzsc in santa cruz and kkup in cupertino! one great college station and kkup is one of the only purely listener supported stations left in the US

both have great DJ's and programs

We have one in Houston as well, KPFT 90.1

Some (leftist - I am just warning you...) political shows but also great blues on the week-end broadcast, and blue-grass, and irish, and americana, etc...