Attaching the deck on a dinghy

I had an experienced boat builder say the attached the deck of their dinghy with builder's construction floor adhesive and boat nails. With that thinking, it seems like Gorilla construction adhesive would also work.  Certainly epoxy would still be another choice.    I was hoping not to use nails or screws.  

Any thoughts ?

17 minutes ago, mothman505 said:

I had an experienced boat builder say the attached the deck of their dinghy with builder's construction floor adhesive and boat nails. With that thinking, it seems like Gorilla construction adhesive would also work.  Certainly epoxy would still be another choice.    I was hoping not to use nails or screws.  

Any thoughts ?

Many glues will work 

epoxy is variable viscosity ..it has gap filling properties , so all your bevels and mating surfaces don’t need to be perfect 

epoxy doesn’t require clamping pressure ,,the finished deck will be fair ..without clamp or fastening dimples 

its easier  to control epoxy cure time 

its up to you 

You might wish to be more specific, eg this sounds like he is attaching a plywood deck onto a wooden hull (nails). There are many different grades of builders adhesive with different purposes. One consideration the open time, another is cost, another weight, another strength, etc etc. 5200 used to be a go to option for many builders.