Transat Jacques Vabre 2021

Charal and Apivia having a good ol one on one battle and great to see Charal has been a poofteenth faster in these conditions. If Linked Out get through the transition into the new pressure they could extend even further just as Frank and Claud have with the Ultime's. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something like this, perhaps?

The big picture from above with NOAA overlay and Avation Weather sat image infrared. HPs all around, except the Med with a storm moving west. That orange line across Spain is a through over the G

This has been discussed widely in Other Imoca forums and particularly in French arenas. To understand why there is a One Design mast requires an understanding of class history and what brought ab

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Charal and Apivia having a good ol one on one battle and great to see Charal has been a poofteenth faster in these conditions. If Linked Out get through the transition into the new pressure they could extend even further just as Frank and Claud have with the Ultime's. 

Franck and Charles, they are my neighbors :-)

3 hours ago, terrafirma said:

It certainly hasn't been performing well. To be fair though Arkea seems to be on the money so I doubt JuanK is the issue but what about the variables? What foils did they choose? are they sailing the boat as well as the others? Lots of questions before accusing the boat of being a dog.?

Fair enough. 

2 hours ago, t_huebs said:

I love how in worlds of sooooo many variables, including some oddly light bays, trades and transitions, people are writing off a boat that has way less data than most due to late launch and limited development last cycle and after 10 days is sitting less than 20 nm behind the winner of the last Vendee as I write this (it's actually less than that based on position to rhumb or whatever the tracker is showing but YOLO) and forget that MichDes was involved significantly (https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/vendee-globe-2020-2021/michel-desjoyeaux-corum-is-probably-the-boat-i-have-invested-the-most-in/) so obviously "it's a total shitter."

FFS

'People' are just trying to understand how underwhelming this boat's performance has been. Dropped rig, re fit and part re-build, a no-show in the 2021 Fastnet. No one is questioning the abilities of, Desjoyeaux, Troussel or Josse. Maybe just wondering about the design. I'm certainly not buying, 'oddly light bays, trades and transitions'. They're all on the same racetrack, after all.

In addition, her near sister ship is performing pretty well. So.......

• Like 1
3 hours ago, terrafirma said:

In the latest poistion report Apivia is slightly faster then the rest.
Samatha Davies doing all right.
Charal out of children diseases, since latest Vendee Globe.
That's an exclusive bunch of sailors over there.1133679006_TJVImoca18-110638.thumb.PNG.2298ce6b28417feb870c49add4bca4ee.PNG
Who is the most beautifull female sailor on this race, besides Samantha Davies.
Marie Tabarly? And yes, she is the daugther of the famous Eric Tabarly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Éric_Tabarly
762276790_MarieTaberlyLouisDuc.thumb.jpg.0bf26ffd73ef46251ca0d0cf2bc81503.jpg
1916159231_ServaneEscoffier.PNG.bb416b513b0b5b55cdaa8f4616f0ddac.PNG430569727_JustineMetraux.thumb.jpg.384479f49d10184b5144b6ec5562ddf6.jpg
Justine Metraux

• Downvote 2
3 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

'People' are just trying to understand how underwhelming this boat's performance has been. Dropped rig, re fit and part re-build, a no-show in the 2021 Fastnet. No one is questioning the abilities of, Desjoyeaux, Troussel or Josse. Maybe just wondering about the design. I'm certainly not buying, 'oddly light bays, trades and transitions'. They're all on the same racetrack, after all.

In addition, her near sister ship is performing pretty well. So.......

I took this photo of Corum's foil at the Vendee 2020 start. Anyone have one from Le Havre this year for comparison?

20201022_144822.jpg

The big pic for Nov 18th

Pic 1 has NOAA tropical surface as overlay plus IR inverted Sat image NWS color enhanced for cloud activity, and GFS wind. There is cloud activity around the ITCZ, as usual. ITCZ seems restored, although the GFS wind barbs do not indicate that, they don't change their direction. So I wonder if the ITCZ is a bit more to the north when looking at the GFS wind barbs and cloud activity. In that case, the top-3 would already be far in the ITCZ. See also pic 2 with the zoom. 

The Ultimes can enjoy the ride on the trades north after the virtual waypoint near Trindade without problems for now.

Pic 3 has the weather routing projections table and routing LinkedOut with GFS wind and waves. LinkedOut stays a couple of hours in front of the chasing Charal and Apivia. Initiatives-Coeur 4th half a day later then nrs 2 and 3 projected. I added Prysmian Group in order to see what happens with the pack behind 11th hour Racing. No chance of catching the boats in front it seems.

1056670041_BigpicNov18th.png

236577026_Pic2zoomNov18th.png

Pic 3 wx Nov 18th.png

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Herman said:

Finally, the first 4 IMOCA's are projected to hug the zone interdite at the South American coast, the trailing ones not. See pics 6 and 7

Love these routings, will look into OpenCPN routing myself.

@Herman, do you have these for the Ultimes as well?

5 hours ago, staysail said:

I took this photo of Corum's foil at the Vendee 2020 start. Anyone have one from Le Havre this year for comparison?

20201022_144822.jpg

Here's a video the team made about the new foils. It has subtitles and you can turn on auto-translate into English if necessary.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, kass said:

Here's a video the team made about the new foils. It has subtitles and you can turn on auto-translate into English if necessary.

And for comparison, a little clip I took of Arkea Paprec: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWayUpMK4Xv/

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Schakel said:

In the latest poistion report Apivia is slightly faster then the rest.
Samatha Davies doing all right.
Charal out of children diseases, since latest Vendee Globe.
That's an exclusive bunch of sailors over there.1133679006_TJVImoca18-110638.thumb.PNG.2298ce6b28417feb870c49add4bca4ee.PNG
Who is the most beautifull female sailor on this race, besides Samantha Davies.
Marie Tabarly? And yes, she is the daugther of the famous Eric Tabarly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Éric_Tabarly
762276790_MarieTaberlyLouisDuc.thumb.jpg.0bf26ffd73ef46251ca0d0cf2bc81503.jpg
1916159231_ServaneEscoffier.PNG.bb416b513b0b5b55cdaa8f4616f0ddac.PNG430569727_JustineMetraux.thumb.jpg.384479f49d10184b5144b6ec5562ddf6.jpg
Justine Metraux

That's an absolutely shit thing to take or even discuss from this race, just grow up

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Victoire said:

Love these routings, will look into OpenCPN routing myself.

@Herman, do you have these for the Ultimes as well?

Hi Victoire, nice to read that you are interested in OpenCPN for weather routing. 

I need time to tweak the Ultime polars, or it is garbage in-garbage out. Maybe I can find extra time on Sunday.

Wow, the IMOCA race just got a bit more interesting. The DTLs for LinkedOut and Apivia have come down quickly from +/- 80 nm this morning to +/- 23 nm @1800 CET. A kick from the ITCZ I guess. Thomas and Morgan will start looking in their rear-view mirror if this continues. And Arkea-Paprec is slowly but steadily reeling in Initiatives-Coeur.

• Like 1

Cammas and Caudrelier were quite lucky on their way up from Trinidad, in "green" territory (wind level) all the time, less luck for Armel and Gabart, would have been better for the race the other way! But the whole Atlantic is really kind of strange right now :

94763695_Capturedecran2021-11-18a18_25_46.thumb.png.51db2f0094af9ebec8b79a88315fa615.png

18 minutes ago, yl75 said:

Caudrelier below saying that they have set themseves a speed limit of 38 39, when they could go 42 43, to preserve the boat :

amazing how carefree and relaxed they seem on this monster.

• Like 2

It will be interesting how much (or little) trouble the sargassum turns out to be for the fleet. Henri Laurent from Sailgrib was kind enough to send me a jpeg of the latest chart from University of South Florida's Satellite-based Sargassum Watch System (SaWS). Unfortunately it's not freely available as a grib file, so I've just inexpertly scaled it and pasted it over the tracker image as best I could (and redrawn the exclusion zone, and rhumbline tracks. If I'm not mistaken, each little pixel on the chart is approximately 6 nm square. I'm also attaching an animated gif showing how it's been changing over the past month. And finally, a helpful video from the 2018 VOR showing how Azko Nobel coped with it.

TJV Sargassum 2021-11-15.png

sargassum_density_most_recent.gif

• Like 8
1 hour ago, yl75 said:

Caudrelier below saying that they have set themseves a speed limit of 38 39, when they could go 42 43

When you are in the lead you can bleed...

All the different courses makes it interesting this time.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Icedtea said:

That's an absolutely shit thing to take or even discuss from this race, just grow up

Ridiculous. I admire sailing women.
They make the sport look sexy.
Matter of opinion.
What about this sailing legend woman:

Spindriftracing_banner_Dona.thumb.jpg.80be6149a3265c2d607dc64b606a3660.jpg2103613813_DonnaBertarelli2.thumb.jpg.0124704ecc6c827c84742583c04c8fef.jpg1677212384_DonnaBertarelli.thumb.jpg.d9f4a892eb765d6f0d721116d1486805.jpg

• Like 1

Mean while at the end of the fleet class Open 40 strugling in front of the west african coast.
952238846_TJVbackofthefleetopen40.thumb.PNG.ee840c566e9c9c1fa5e4a029d494aece.PNG
417686053_Mauretaniasenegal.PNG.8e26f4b3db0cc7151d7887b7ae04fd40.PNG
Boy I would pay a bundle to get on one of those boats.
But I have to work. Life is unfair.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Icedtea said:

How about this one?
1685724208_Corumcrew.jpg.c3a4db75194eda3290344cbbba624648.jpg
Nicolas Troussel Sebastien Josse aboard Corum.
2035316763_NicolasTrousselSebastienJosse.thumb.PNG.5df931e00ce0c72adb84ee4e7ff79619.PNG
https://www.facebook.com/corum.lepargne.voile/videos/312550094046675

14 minutes ago, yl75 said:

Impressive option taken by a group of class 40 rounding way off the mark.

Yep.. its a fascinating race this time!  Both in the 40s and the IMOCAs. I guess for the 40s, if you go between the islands you end up running straight downwind in slightly less pressure and head for a slightly lighter patch of wind than further south (but I guess they may have better weather models?) It will be interesting to see if the longer route pays off...

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, r.finn said:

It's the absolute depth of Schakel's sailing knowledge, yet he persists.

I do suspect the women would rather be celebrated for their sailing skill rather than one persons opinion of "hotness". Next up most handsome male sailor?

• Like 5
On 11/18/2021 at 5:49 PM, Icedtea said:

Mr. Icetea That is trolling.
I discussed position reports....
360026082_Icedtearemarks.thumb.PNG.c05cd8d9f72ac878f5961fe605f53f58.PNG

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Liquid said:

What's happened to Sodebo at 1.4K mile behind?

Their starboard foil hit something.  They put in (to Canaries)  to repair, but were not able to get it fixed 100%.

• Like 1

Good on the Sodebo guys for plugging away to finish properly even though they clearly can't make enough speed to pass anyone.  I've been pondering these questions...

-Will all of the Ultimes finish before any Ocean 50s?  I think probably yes, but Sodebo is iffy.

-Will all of the Ocean 50s finish before any of the IMOCAs?  Seems like certainly yes.

-Will all of the IMOCAs finish before any of the Class 40s?  At a glance, it seems like no...  But...  I think most will and I'm not giving up on all.  I think the fastest route to the finish requires some southing, so the IMOCAs needing to round Fernando isn't as big a handicap as it seems.  It's mostly a matter of whether or not the IMOCA backmarkers can get their boats up to speed in the tradewinds.

I'm honestly surprised to not see more Class 40s pushing south more aggressively.  We'll see how it works out.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I'm honestly surprised to not see more Class 40s pushing south more aggressively.  We'll see how it works out.

I was wondering about this but it must be a balance of not going too far south and getting into the doldrums, though they seem to be closing out to the west in the coming days. But most of the 40's certainly gone a bit south vs their turning mark. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Schakel said:

The top three IMOCa's  made it  rounding Fernando de Noronhaafbeelding.thumb.png.c9f67cb2e36c8818efa2164146a83085.png
1024px-Fernando_de_Noronha_-_vista_aera.thumb.jpg.7f929556e56ccb6fb99150dd4285cf22.jpg
Guess
Linked-Out, Apivia and Charal will be on the podium in Martinique
1648032173_MarinYachtHarbourFortdeFranceMartinque.thumb.jpg.c6bc3f26472ffd863d11413a84120421.jpg

Apivia hunting down Linked Out and what was amazing was Apivia was boat for boat with Charal but left Charal behind like Charlie turned on the after burners or the foils found their sweet spot.! The trailing Imoca's like Sam, Arkea and 11th Hour have been left behind. 

1 hour ago, terrafirma said:

Apivia hunting down Linked Out and what was amazing was Apivia was boat for boat with Charal but left Charal behind like Charlie turned on the after burners or the foils found their sweet spot.! The trailing Imoca's like Sam, Arkea and 11th Hour have been left behind. 

Bummer for Charlie Enright and Pascal Bidegory.
Check out the shore crew these guys have:
https://www.11thhourracingteam.org/about/the-team/#charlie-enright

I believe Imoca's are about the most competetive boats in the world.
The 11 hour sailing boat is the former Hugo Boss, well, that explains it.
Guess who's the designer: Francois Gabart..

You know the guy sailing the new Ultime just after The Mighty Maxi Edmond the Rothschild and good old Banque Populair XI.
136379368_TJVultime201120211019.thumb.PNG.a9227884071f72f8e0063ebbf05541de.PNG

• Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, Schakel said:

I believe Imoca's are about the most competetive boats in the world.
The 11 hour sailing boat is the former Hugo Boss, well, that explains it.
Guess who's the designer: Francois Gabart.

That boat has retired lost her mast. The boat I am referring to is 11th Hour Racing 11.2....! There were 2 11th Hour boats competing, the old Hugo Boss which is the boat that has retired and the brand new boat still racing 11.2 which is behind  Sam. 11.2 is losing miles to Corum so I wonder if they have a problem..? 

3 hours ago, Schakel said:

The top three IMOCa's  made it  rounding Fernando de Noronhaafbeelding.thumb.png.c9f67cb2e36c8818efa2164146a83085.png
1024px-Fernando_de_Noronha_-_vista_aera.thumb.jpg.7f929556e56ccb6fb99150dd4285cf22.jpg

Definitely a most interesting and beautiful island (archipelago). Sailed past it a few times, usual in a bit of a hurry, but finally had a chance to make a short stop in good weather. This was quite a few years ago now, and there was not a single boat in the anchorage, a handful of eco tourists on the island, and just a couple of villages and a small navy garrison. Nowadays it's still a regulated nature reserve, but seems pretty much out of control as far as tourism goes.

This video vlog may be a bit long, but is worthwhile if you like good photography:

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

That boat has retired lost her mast. The boat I am referring to is 11th Hour Racing 11.2....! There were 2 11th Hour boats competing, the old Hugo Boss which is the boat that has retired and the brand new boat still racing 11.2 which is behind  Sam. 11.2 is losing miles to Corum so I wonder if they have a problem..? 

Aha,

Two know more then one, I am in an engieersjob as well so I do not have time for all details.
Thanks for the info.

• Like 1
Just now, Schakel said:

Aha,

Two know more then one, I am in an engieersjob as well so I do not have time for all details.
Thanks for the info.

We all know you mean well, Shackle, but please stop lecturing us about stuff you know shit about, or you risk being called out for a grote sukkel.

Just saying...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fiji Bitter said:

We all know you mean well, Shackle, but please stop lecturing us about stuff you know shit about, or you risk being called out for a grote sukkel.

Just saying...

You don't know shit and I mean it.
Geo-engineering, that I have a Msc in, is not for beginners.

Cheers.

• Downvote 1
6 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Yes Charal got smoked by Apivia and linkedout. Both were doing 24-26 when Charal was doing 20-22..

5 hours ago, terrafirma said:

The must have a problem.  They haven't cracked 14 knots in a couple of days.  

41 minutes ago, Roleur said:

The must have a problem.  They haven't cracked 14 knots in a couple of days.  

I thought this was the newest boat in the fleet. I guess the foilers so complex it takes a few - years - to work out the kinks and optimize the setup.

5 hours ago, Schakel said:

You don't know shit and I mean it.
Geo-engineering, that I have a Msc in, is not for beginners.

Cheers.

Did your Msc in Geo-Engineering include a reading comprehension class? I'm guessing no. Maybe go back and re-read Fiji Bitter's post.  It had nothing to do with your day job, and everything to do with your previous posts regarding boats which you clearly have a limited knowledge of. But I'm sure you're one of the smartest, bestest Geo-Engineers here. There is an anchor thread over on Cruising Anarchy that you could apply your relevant education towards.

Cheers. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, tDot said:

Did your Msc in Geo-Engineering include a reading comprehension class? I'm guessing no. Maybe go back and re-read Fiji Bitter's post.  It had nothing to do with your day job, and everything to do with your previous posts regarding boats which you clearly have a limited knowledge of. But I'm sure you're one of the smartest, bestest Geo-Engineers here. There is an anchor thread over on Cruising Anarchy that you could apply your relevant education towards.

Cheers. 

I find it pretty foolish you guys making these personal attacks, now you all will require the last bon mot thus continuing the attacks, insults and swearing ad infinitum. Keyboard warriors one and all, a good number of interesting threads here degenerate into name calling etc. to absolutely no purpose.

• Like 2

New definition of "hugging the line".

After passing Fernando de Noronha, Leyton, in the Oceanfifty class did 31 gibes along the exclusion zone near northern Brazil...

THIRTY ONE!!!

Do they even have time to go to pee?

• Like 1

But the ocean fifties are certainly the easiest and less taxing to jibe :

No "matossage" (don't know the English equivalent, moving weights around, like sails and everything), or very little probably. Contrary to the Imocas and class40.

No canting mast (contrary to the ultims)

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, yl75 said:

But the ocean fifties are certainly the easiest and less taxing to jibe :

No "matossage" (don't know the English equivalent, moving weights around, like sails and everything), or very little probably. Contrary to the Imocas and class40.

No canting mast (contrary to the ultims)

that'd be no stacking in English

• Like 1
2 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

61C1E956-4E96-4A85-9353-273166F58718.thumb.jpeg.ae276525ec33b19f71067f4c4513dd5e.jpeg

I knew they must of had a problem and I think this message is most likely 72 Hours Old from the time of the issue. Their speed has been down for a long time as I have been following their position. UFO or failure ?

1 hour ago, terrafirma said:

I knew they must of had a problem and I think this message is most likely 72 Hours Old from the time of the issue. Their speed has been down for a long time as I have been following their position. UFO or failure ?

Not sure when the incident was, they mention24 hrs, and the post was 8 hours ago.

10 hours ago, tDot said:

Cheers. 

Thanks, Éducation Permanante pays of at last. And for the non bold text I agree to disagree.
375485550_Educationpermanente.PNG.63633aed773f26f537db42f361d2e312.PNG

Back to topic,
Ultimes are behind the leading ocean 50.
Primonial, Sebastian Rogue and Matthieu Soubain can win line honours.
Not bad, not bad at all.
752673352_Bato-PRIMONIAL-PrimonialSailingTeam.jpg.fbc500905532466fafb4840aabaf5d16.jpg
247181879_TJVOceanfifty21-110426.thumb.PNG.18baf8650f076dadef321656747d4cf9.PNG
And I know the Ultimes had a longer parcours.
I guess within 48 hours we can expect the first finish.
I hope it is the mighty maxi Edmond the Rothschild.

• Like 1

The Ultimes are going a lot faster than the 50's. Sodebo has caught up a LOT on Actual.  If only they could stay on starboard tack, off their damaged foil. The Class 40's look like a rugby scrum leaving the Canaries. The IMOCAs are also quite tight. Everyone must be getting a bit tired by now, no? 

1 hour ago, Schakel said:

Thanks, Éducation Permanante pays of at last. And for the non bold text I agree to disagree.
375485550_Educationpermanente.PNG.63633aed773f26f537db42f361d2e312.PNG

Just adding a little levity to the post. Sorry, I should have used a different font. I've never been the bestest at internet humour.

2 hours ago, PaulK said:

The Ultimes are going a lot faster than the 50's. Sodebo has caught up a LOT on Actual.  If only they could stay on starboard tack, off their damaged foil. The Class 40's look like a rugby scrum leaving the Canaries. The IMOCAs are also quite tight. Everyone must be getting a bit tired by now, no? 

Conditions this year were very mild, whole fleet slept like a groundhog.

csm_groundhog_day_bde5f87575.jpg.cf6413e462bb1dfe560b4b4d45806358.jpg
Douching aboard Maxi Edmond the Rothschild:

Video of opening öf the "Fort de France"Harbor in Martinique:

42 minutes ago, tDot said:

Impressive that LinkedOut has increased their lead, over Apivia, by almost 40miles in the last 12 hours.  I hope Thomas can pull off the win.

Jonas Gerkens (Belgian) and Benoit Hantzperg are 13.7 nm behind the leader of the fleet in Open 40.
Congrats Belgian friends. Out best men are currently in 40th posttion, left behind by the fleet. Something went wrong.
Gerkens.thumb.PNG.256785f36f2f8c175acf2692c7986a55.PNG
1259383552_SecHayayposition.thumb.PNG.d8002034a65fe81069ceecc0565b16b1.PNG

6 hours ago, PaulK said:

The Class 40's look like a rugby scrum leaving the Canaries. 

Fair observation, poor geography......

Think you mean Cape Verde Islands!;)

Think that those who have gone wide and South will win in the long run over those who cut the corner tight and or who wriggled through the islands.

The. Tracker is very simplistic in the standings. 100% on DTF. No accounting for positing for pressure or forecast. Look at how Tequila tumbled in the rankings since Friday yet has maintained their overall position to leader and has maintained good speed.

Non existent trades per se, so a long and tortuous crossing from Cape Verde to Finish.

Long way to go for this fleet.

• Like 2

And Sodebo, who has nothing to lose, is trying something very, very, VERY different after Sao Pedro e Sao Paulo mark...

I can see that they want to avoid the patch of light wind that made everybody else gibe endlessly along the exclusion zone; but is it going to work all the way to Martinique?

As they passed the last mark, they were about 240 miles behind Actual, on a broad reach port tack. We shall see.

At least, it spices up a bit the end of the race for the Ultims, which to me, look a bit like "follow the leader", even if I have a hard time to admit it.

• Like 2

It's inevitable, the mighty maxi Edmond the Rothschild will win.
You know the guy from the IMF, most money, most knowledge, most power in the world.
The americans just do not know it yet,  is a Consciousness_Project

Better then america's cup, faster (on the long run), cleaner, healthier, more honest.

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

And Sodebo, who has nothing to lose, is trying something very, very, VERY different after Sao Pedro e Sao Paulo mark...

I can see that they want to avoid the patch of light wind that made everybody else gibe endlessly along the exclusion zone; but is it going to work all the way to Martinique?

As they passed the last mark, they were about 240 miles behind Actual, on a broad reach port tack. We shall see.

At least, it spices up a bit the end of the race for the Ultims, which to me, look a bit like "follow the leader", even if I have a hard time to admit it.

That is an interesting move.  Looking at the wind forecast, it does look like they just might be able to stay on their undamaged foil for the vast majority of the time to Martinique.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, tDot said:

That is an interesting move.  Looking at the wind forecast, it does look like they just might be able to stay on their undamaged foil for the vast majority of the time to Martinique.

I think it must have played a big part in their decision, indeed. It might be starboard tack all the way to Martinique, and they would have lost too much time on port tack to the exclucion zone (?)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Laurent said:

I think it must have played a big part in their decision, indeed. It might be starboard tack all the way to Martinique, and they would have lost too much time on port tack to the exclucion zone (?)

Could pay handsomely. Wouldn't that be something of an upset? ;-)

934933623_ScreenShot2021-11-22at10_34_37AM.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulK said:

Oops.  :blink:

Right ocean and right side. In the global scheme of things, you weren't too far out. ;-)

Certainly, no harm done........

Unless your main Job is Missile Command! :huh:

• Like 1
On 11/20/2021 at 2:25 AM, r.finn said:

It's the absolute depth of Schakel's sailing knowledge, yet he persists.

Settle..... it is Anarchy

On 11/21/2021 at 5:18 AM, Jean-Baptiste said:

I find it pretty foolish you guys making these personal attacks, now you all will require the last bon mot thus continuing the attacks, insults and swearing ad infinitum. Keyboard warriors one and all, a good number of interesting threads here degenerate into name calling etc. to absolutely no purpose.

It's weird how much the world has changed since this place started..... Back in the day the personal attacks would be expected and commenting on who the hottest female sailor is would have started on the first page before the race start
Everyone's so politically correct and nicey nicey...... 
Lets not take it too seriously.... life I mean 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

Settle..... it is Anarchy

It's weird how much the world has changed since this place started..... Back in the day the personal attacks would be expected and commenting on who the hottest female sailor is would have started on the first page before the race start
Everyone's so politically correct and nicey nicey...... 
Lets not take it too seriously.... life I mean 

I hear peeps like to see boobies so enjoy.

sailinganarchyboobies.jpg

• Like 1

Serious battle between BPXI and Lazartigue in Ultims, two new boats, two skippers that have been battling each other many times, Gabart seems to be gaining a bit at the moment, but the data widget on geovoile would really help.

And in Imocas Charal gaining a bit on Apivia right now.

In class40 Lipinski messed around after cap finistere, was down to 17 or something, now 3rd

• Like 3

Below interview of Frederic Puzin, CEO of Corum (and also a skipper and racer himself), saying he is not disappointed by Corum results, developments still on going, no word about JK ..

https://voilesetvoiliers.ouest-france.fr/course-au-large/transat-jacques-vabre/transat-jacques-vabre-frederic-puzin-n-est-pas-du-tout-decu-par-la-6e-place-provisoire-de-corum-6fb0e29e-4aee-11ec-8a6b-582d17cbe42b

• Like 2

If Lipinski takes it again in C40 it just shows his skills. Damn impressive carrier. And C40 class does what it promises (except budget), close sailing, large fleet. Hope to see Lipinski on a Imoca60 one day.

• Like 3