Transat Jacques Vabre 2021

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something like this, perhaps?

The big picture from above with NOAA overlay and Avation Weather sat image infrared. HPs all around, except the Med with a storm moving west. That orange line across Spain is a through over the G

This has been discussed widely in Other Imoca forums and particularly in French arenas. To understand why there is a One Design mast requires an understanding of class history and what brought ab

Posted Images

Yep BP getting mugged by SVR. I wonder if the breeze has been on the limit for the boats to foil. We know that SVR is around a ton lighter than BP because of the extra structure in BP’s beams. But anything can still happen with both boats still needing to complete 2 gybes and a course change, both boats have very different cockpit layouts so this will be a major test of who’s cockpits are more efficient. 

• Like 1

11th Hour is doing well against Corum, considering they have a damaged keel fairing. I'm not sure if this speaks well to 11th hour, or is a slight knock against Corum.

I was happy to see Corum finally show a burst of boat speed a few days ago and manage to  pull away from the Maitre Coq/ Best Western group. So it does seem possible that it can be a fast boat. But that trailing group has almost closed the gap over the last 2 days

• Like 2
On 11/22/2021 at 9:28 AM, yl75 said:

Below interview of Frederic Puzin, CEO of Corum (and also a skipper and racer himself), saying he is not disappointed by Corum results, developments still on going, no word about JK ..

https://voilesetvoiliers.ouest-france.fr/course-au-large/transat-jacques-vabre/transat-jacques-vabre-frederic-puzin-n-est-pas-du-tout-decu-par-la-6e-place-provisoire-de-corum-6fb0e29e-4aee-11ec-8a6b-582d17cbe42b

M Puzin is looking for a new skipper for his IMOCA I believe. I probably mistake him for someone else

1 hour ago, Kalimotxo said:

M Puzin is looking for a new skipper for his IMOCA I believe. I probably mistake him for someone else

I think you're correct in saying you've mistaken him for someone else. I imagine you're referring to Arkea Paprec - they've found their man though and Yoann Richomme will take over the sponsorship (with a new boat) next year. 

Corum and Nico go way back, nothing will change here!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

And who cares?

Only Chuckle...

The non AC fans and they are french. In france one if the most polpulair sport is:
besides footbal and rugby , sailing.

That's why they do it  attract sponsors, being on the frontpages of french news papers and the british and the german. and so on.
https://www.sail-world.com/news/244199/Transat-Jacques-Vabre-Day-17-update

Just now, Schakel said:

The non AC fans and they are french. In france one if the most polpulair sport is:

It may be fun to talk about which class will finish first, but it's still utterly meaningless Not a single French sailor cares about that, only you with your head stuck in your klomp in the Dutch polder clay does, Chuckle.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

The rankings using DTF for the C40's is driving me nuts.  Now showing Volvo in 5th, when they are clearly in 2nd and pulling away from 2nd-4th on the leaderboard over the last 4 hours.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, yl75 said:

According to below, Apivia really shines in reaching conditions, but linkedout tops it in downwind/VMG conditions :

https://www.tipandshaft.com/podcasts/posreport/episode50-corentin-douguet-philippe-legros/

Thanks for that YL,   it answers the question that I'm sure many have been scratching their heads about.

Fiji B,  

I'm interested to see who finishes first, even if it is 4 races rolled into one.

It certainly shines the spotlight on the 50's. so that I hope to see them in some more in future races -  as they seem to have taken a back seat for a few years now.

Its always good to see the little guy have a win.

ciao.    :)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, peterbike said:

Fiji B,  

I'm interested to see who finishes first, even if it is 4 races rolled into one.

It certainly shines the spotlight on the 50's. so that I hope to see them in some more in future races -  as they seem to have taken a back seat for a few years now.

Its always good to see the little guy have a win.

Fair enough, for those personal reasons. But comparing different classes with different courses on a first to finish basis is just meaningless.

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Fair enough, for those personal reasons. But comparing different classes with different courses on a first to finish basis is just meaningless.

Not sure about the three-courses format, this time around. I think I would prefer a mark foy type start. 

1 hour ago, BGeff said:

I like this new format...FWIW.

Arrival of Banque Populair XI; Armel le Cleach Former winner of Vendee Globe and Kevin Escofier VOR 2018 Dong Feng Bowman. Not bad, not bad at all.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BGeff said:

It must be quite an excellent feeling for KE after his harrowing experience earlier this year in the Vendee Globe.

I was working, What happened?

Small comments from Franck Cammas and Charles Caudrelier at their arrival.

"The boat still has 100% of its performance".

And then a few seconds later...

"We almost had to stop at Cabo Verde Island, we broke the tensioning bracket between the engine and the alternator, so we had lost our main charging method for the batteries... Lukily, Franck found a way to fix it"...

"Also, some times, the foils were not performing as well as expected..." (but no further explaination on this one).

Overall, they seem really fresh and I dare to say rested. They commented that it was their best transat race where there was no argument on what to do next, which option to take, which set up to have, etc. Charles says that they always agreed...

A big thanks from Charles for the weather "routeurs", Stan Honey and Erwan Israel. Everybody knows Stan Honey; Erwan was a crew member during the Jules Verne trophy. The weather situation was really complex and they did a great job. Charles is joking that he had never seen Franck spend so little time at the nav station, and bitching so little about the routeur... Franck adds that he was always in agreement with what they were proposing, so no need to re-think it.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Trevor B said:

So, any word on BP’s  lower performance at the end compared to SVR?

Correct,

Francois Gabart takes the newborn SVR back to the shed for some adjustments.
He is a nautical engineer.
Better luck next time and beware Mighty Maxi Edmond the Rothschild:
Next time he's going to get them.

Yummie I like this.

https://www.sailingworld.com/story/sailboats/the-awesomeness-of-trimaran-svr-lazartigue/

2 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Not sure about the three-courses format, this time around. I think I would prefer a mark foy type start.

Sorry, had never heard of Mark Foy, and never been to that store either. "We" more commonly call it a staggered start, or a pursuit race in handicap classes.

Whatever it is or what it is called, it's basically not possible to fairly handicap them, and certainly not for a long race. The current solution to start together and try to finish together is fair to all, in principal. It could be refined by introducing a movable mark, though that would be open to all sorts of abritary or biased interpretations, unless it is based on an agreed formula.

I would say KISS, like it is now, but don't pretend that the different classes are racing each other.

24 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Sorry, had never heard of Mark Foy, and never been to that store either. "We" more commonly call it a staggered start, or a pursuit race in handicap classes.

Whatever it is or what it is called, it's basically not possible to fairly handicap them, and certainly not for a long race. The current solution to start together and try to finish together is fair to all, in principal. It could be refined by introducing a movable mark, though that would be open to all sorts of abritary or biased interpretations, unless it is based on an agreed formula.

I would say KISS, like it is now, but don't pretend that the different classes are racing each other.

I think it is mostly driven by the media aspects, doing a Mark Foy/staggered start on this race would require different starts on different days, without a major "media event".

Maybe they could have mixed the two and made a stagerred start the same day for similar time up to the first mark, but having the ultimes start after the class 40 and move through their fleet could be quite tricky.

Last TJV the Ultimes were not there so that they don't take all the "media exposition", I think this year solution is quite good, maybe a bit longer route for the ultimes or shorter for class 40 would have been better.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, yl75 said:

I think it is mostly driven by the media aspects, doing a Mark Foy/staggered start on this race would require different starts on different days, without a major "media event".

Maybe they could have mixed the two and made a stagerred start the same day for similar time up to the first mark, but having the ultimes start after the class 40 and move through their fleet could be quite tricky.

Last TJV the Ultimes were not there so that they don't take all the "media exposition", I think this year solution is quite good, maybe a bit longer route for the ultimes or shorter for class 40 would have been better.

@yl7575, The sydney Hobart Start is best, fastest yacht in the front startline.
Slowest at the last more far away start line and several start line in between for each class.

In this case 4 startlines for Open 40, Imoca, Ocean fifty and the Ultimes.

Easy peasy.
1368876501_StartlinesSydneyHobart.jpg.26a5e0daf6dbdf8f4d8b9c8229ea767d.jpg
Bonjour yl75,

Le sydney Hobart Start est le yacht le meilleur et le plus rapide sur la première ligne de départ.

Le plus lent à la dernière ligne de départ plus éloignée et plusieurs lignes de départ entre les deux pour chaque classe.

En l'occurrence 4 lignes de départ pour l'Open 40, l'Imoca, l'Ocean cinquante et les Ultimes.

très facile.

14 minutes ago, Schakel said:

@yl7575, The sydney Hobart Start is best, fastest yacht in the front startline.
Slowest at the last more far away start line and several start line in between for each class.

In this case 4 startlines for Open 40, Imoca, Ocean fifty and the Ultimes.

Easy peasy.
1368876501_StartlinesSydneyHobart.jpg.26a5e0daf6dbdf8f4d8b9c8229ea767d.jpg
Bonjour yl75,

Le sydney Hobart Start est le yacht le meilleur et le plus rapide sur la première ligne de départ.

Le plus lent à la dernière ligne de départ plus éloignée et plusieurs lignes de départ entre les deux pour chaque classe.

En l'occurrence 4 lignes de départ pour l'Open 40, l'Imoca, l'Ocean cinquante et les Ultimes.

très facile.

The point of the different routes is to have similar arrival time.

So this sydney Hobart principle would not change anything (in fact do the reverse).

For the start event, they did similar things on previous years, but it complicate the "lisibility" for the "layman audience".

Btw : Gabart is NOT a boat designer, BP XI is brand new, and it is class40 not open 40

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, yl75 said:

So this sydney Hobart principle would not change anything (in fact do the reverse).

For the start event, they did similar things on previous years, but it complicate the "lisibility" for the "layman audience".

Btw : Gabart is NOT a boat designer, BP XI is brand new, and it is class40 not open 40

On the contrary,

Gabart designed several Imoca's. He studied at Le ecole polytechnique At Lyon where I met him when he was a student. To be more excactly, he is the guy who is working together with the real archictects Finot, VPLP Verdier, Guillaume Verdier, Juan Kouyoumdjian.
If there is not a good chemistry between him and the head architect, the french ships wouldn't be that good.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_Gabart

14 minutes ago, Schakel said:

On the contrary,

Gabart designed several Imoca's. He studied at Le ecole polytechnique At Lyon where I met him when he was a student. To be more excactly, he is the guy who is working together with the real archictects Finot, VPLP Verdier, Guillaume Verdier, Juan Kouyoumdjian.
If there is not a good chemistry between him and the head architect, the french ships wouldn't be that good.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_Gabart

There is no "ecole polytechnique At Lyon", he did "INSA de Lyon" (average engineering school")

I doubt you ever met him

Of course he participates to the design of his boats like any other skipper

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, yl75 said:

There is no "ecole polytechnique At Lyon", he did "INSA de Lyon" (average engineering school")

I doubt you ever met him

Of course he participates to the design of his boats like any other skipper

And of course you know better then me who I met?
Right, and you are just more detaling,
Are you british of french?
I guess you a retired englishman and live in the dordogne right now.
And me I have to work work work.
Damn.
Let's not call each orther dirty names or accusing of anything.

Au revoir.

11 hours ago, Roleur said:

The rankings using DTF for the C40's is driving me nuts.  Now showing Volvo in 5th, when they are clearly in 2nd and pulling away from 2nd-4th on the leaderboard over the last 4 hours.  

That's the downside or upside of sailing depending how you want to look at it, no leaderboard can be trusted until the arrival. They might as well use a simple metric that is understood by most even if the more advanced follower will know it is inaccurate. Might be tricky during family talks to explain how it actually stands.

While really interesting, not sure everyone wants to go through Hermann analysis to get the situation and some form of ranking. So not sure there is any other metrics which is easy and relevant to use.

Still impressive how tight it is in Class 40 and any weather shift or local conditions might impact the leaderboard before the end. Maybe a reason for Redman to cover most of the fleet and Volvo to go and seek more the advantageous position.

• Like 2

Situation at the moment with the imoca's
1229460899_tjvImoca24-11.thumb.PNG.0b8b35817ec44c849fff99c6714e6eed.PNG

The top three Linked out, Apivia and Charal will arrive this night probably in that order.
But you never know for sure. Charal might beat Apivia perhaps in the last leg.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, yl75 said:

Put it on ignore - numerous threads are more enjoyable until people start quoting it.

• Like 1
On 11/23/2021 at 10:20 AM, PIL66 - XL2 said:

I agree on Lipinski... An awesome effort to get back but 4 /5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / and even 9th place are in a better position angle wise. Lipinski's  gybe angle will be ugly 

On 11/24/2021 at 8:48 AM, Schakel said:

That's why they do it  attract sponsors, being on the frontpages of french news papers and the british and the german. and so on.
https://www.sail-world.com/news/244199/Transat-Jacques-Vabre-Day-17-update

I'm always curious why they don't win more in the junior divisions or Olympics when they are a sailing mad nation

On 11/23/2021 at 7:31 AM, Roleur said:

I don't think Lipinski is really in 3rd at the moment.  There is more pressure to the south and when everyone gybes, he is not going to be looking so great.  There are a whole bunch of boats almost equi-distant from the finish on his hip in a better position.  

Props to Redman for holding the lead for so long, but not extending much at all.  They are just dangling out there with great positioning.  Volvo too for that matter.

I can't imagine how tough this race must be.  It is Day 15 and there are 12 boats within 100 miles of the leader.  While they aren't one-design there don't appear to be any clear speed differences among the front runners.  15 days is a long time to be redlined right next to your competition and they have something like 10 days to go!  

I heard one of the lead boats brought 20 days of food.  There are going to be some hungry folks in Martinique, especially some of the expected competitive teams that aren't as close to the front as expected.  

Yep as we predicted he is now in 9th after the gybe and all is equalized..... 
What an amazing race and class these 40's are. Top 13 within 100 miles and the top 22 within 200miles 
Who is the leading non scow 40....?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

I'm always curious why they don't win more in the junior divisions or Olympics when they are a sailing mad nation

That's a great question, PIL66 - XL2. The French are certainly the masters of Ocean Racing, that's for sure. And way ahead of the bunch in terms of leading yacht design.

Not sure what their sailing programmes are like for young kids and youth, but there is certainly no shortage of rigorous training for up-and-coming ocean racers (Mini 6.5, Figaro, etc)  particularly for short and single handers.

They're very impressive.

3 hours ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

Yep as we predicted he is now in 9th after the gybe and all is equalized..... 
What an amazing race and class these 40's are. Top 13 within 100 miles and the top 22 within 200miles 
Who is the leading non scow 40....?

They sail their own classes that are not Olympic out of chauvinism.
Dragon for instance, they sail Requin. (Shark in french)
1167539983_Dragon2.jpg.9e4c6c2de9760e8a04d3f8c2215c7339.jpg
ima-shark-small-sailboat-french-association-of-shark-owners-34248.jpg.a9ca6e60880c4c2068f4ad321192ce34.jpg

The wind is very slow in the top of Imoca fleet, 10 knots.
Still 154,5 nM to go for Thomas Ruyant and Morgan La Graviere on Link - out.
Well found name, satire on "Linked In" the career-site.
380986670_TJVImoca25-11.thumb.PNG.9911492c025df8f01a6e1eb7ed1bbeda.PNG

6 hours ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

Higher priorities than messing about with (olympic) games, that are irrelevant and inaccessible to the vast majority of sailors, their funding structures are probably geared towards coastal and offshore racing rather than elite dinghies. How many Figaro campaigns would an Australian olympic medal finance? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

That's a great question, PIL66 - XL2. The French are certainly the masters of Ocean Racing, that's for sure. And way ahead of the bunch in terms of leading yacht design.

Not sure what their sailing programmes are like for young kids and youth, but there is certainly no shortage of rigorous training for up-and-coming ocean racers (Mini 6.5, Figaro, etc)  particularly for short and single handers.

They're very impressive.

There is quite a good organisation for the olympics and you have "sports études" sailing programs, for kids in high school that are also integrated to sports school (sailing in that case), but indeed the results have not been great (some medals in 470 and windsurfing especially).

Still 4th in below global table (but a lot of them from old games apparently) :

Overall Medal Total by Nation
Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png Great Britain (GBR) 31 21 12 64
2 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States (USA) 19 23 19 61
3 22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Norway (NOR) 17 11 4 32
4 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France (FRA) 15 14 20 49
5 22px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark (DEN) 13 9 9 31
6 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia (AUS) 13 8 8 29
7 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain (ESP) 13 5 3 21
8 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden (SWE) 10 14 13 37
9 22px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand (NZL) 9 8 6 23
10 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Netherlands (NED) 8 9 9 26
11 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil (BRA) 8 3 8 19
12 22px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png Soviet Union (URS) 4 5 3 12
13 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy (ITA) 4 3 8 15
14 22px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png Austria (AUT) 3 4 1 8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing_at_the_Summer_Olympics

The "competitive dinghy racing" might be less developed than in Holland or the UK  maybe, also windsurfing (and now kiting), have put quite a dent in olympics classes (but it is also true in other countries probably).

And in fact France is doing very well in Windsurfing and Kiting : several olympics medals in Windsurfing, Nicolas (or Thomas I forgot) Goyard also won all the latest competitions in IQ foil (new olympics OD for windsurfing), also in Kite racing (forgot the names), and in the PWA (Professional Windsurfers Association), Antoine Albeau is reigning in Slalom for many years, 20 world titles or something (with many other French behind).

• Like 3
3 hours ago, yl75 said:

There is quite a good organisation for the olympics and you have "sports études" sailing programs, for kids in high school that are also integrated to sports school (sailing in that case), but indeed the results have not been great (some medals in 470 and windsurfing especially).

Still 4th in below global table (but a lot of them from old games apparently) :

Overall Medal Total by Nation
Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png Great Britain (GBR) 31 21 12 64
2 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States (USA) 19 23 19 61
3 22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Norway (NOR) 17 11 4 32
4 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France (FRA) 15 14 20 49
5 22px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark (DEN) 13 9 9 31
6 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia (AUS) 13 8 8 29
7 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain (ESP) 13 5 3 21
8 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden (SWE) 10 14 13 37
9 22px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand (NZL) 9 8 6 23
10 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Netherlands (NED) 8 9 9 26
11 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil (BRA) 8 3 8 19
12 22px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png Soviet Union (URS) 4 5 3 12
13 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy (ITA) 4 3 8 15
14 22px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png Austria (AUT) 3 4 1 8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing_at_the_Summer_Olympics

The "competitive dinghy racing" might be less developed than in Holland or the UK  maybe, also windsurfing (and now kiting), have put quite a dent in olympics classes (but it is also true in other countries probably).

And in fact France is doing very well in Windsurfing and Kiting : several olympics medals in Windsurfing, Nicolas (or Thomas I forgot) Goyard also won all the latest competitions in IQ foil (new olympics OD for windsurfing), also in Kite racing (forgot the names), and in the PWA (Professional Windsurfers Association), Antoine Albeau is reigning in Slalom for many years, 20 world titles or something (with many other French behind).

Success in offshore sailing engenders media coverage and possible sponsorship, young people gravitate to best opportunity.

Blame Eric Tabarly!

• Like 3

Well done indeed Thomas & Morgan. Also for Charles & Franck. Due to busy stuff (private and finishing my work project) I have not been routing in the past days. But no surprises so far in the ranking as predicted days earlier. Linkedout will go up in my polar ranking though, comparable to Apivia. Did not see that one coming.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Herman said:

Well done indeed Thomas & Morgan. Also for Charles & Franck. Due to busy stuff (private and finishing my work project) I have not been routing in the past days. But no surprises so far in the ranking as predicted days earlier. Linkedout will go up in my polar ranking though, comparable to Apivia. Did not see that one coming.

Priorities please :-)

• Like 1
On 11/18/2021 at 10:33 PM, yl75 said:

By the way, geovoile should have kept their "data" button with the speed graphs, DTL, position overtime, etc, it is/was really handy.

(with one per class in this case of course)

I agree, although it's probably just an optional feature that organisers can choose to pay for or not.

I've been especially missing the rankings history charts...and finally got round to making some myself (better late than never). They are upside down (i.e. first is at the bottom), and I have not set it up to update automatically every hour (not sure I will bother, given it's nearly over), but some of you might find them interesting.

Ultime: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=1160517827&format=interactive

IMOCA: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=595273413&format=interactive

Ocean Fifty: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=1998891296&format=interactive

Class 40: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=1483585647&format=interactive

Edited by kass
incorrect link for Ultime chart
  • Like 1

I haven't seen it posted here...  Ian Lipinski’s Crédit Mutuel has damage to the keel after a collision, so are proceeding at reduced speed.  (Can you call 10knots reduced speed, I wonder? Only marginally slower than boats surrounding them)

• Like 3

After 19 days, only 3.5nm separate 2-4 in the C40's and they are lined up in sight of each other.  Time for an 800nm drag race.  This should be good.  

• Like 2

The racing in the Class 40s is often this close and it is really cool. It is even nicer here that one of those boats is a prior generation boat and the current #9 is two generations back.

The class website has some English language summaries as well as some nearly-daily subtitled video collages.  https://www.class40.com/en/index/

• Like 3
16 hours ago, kass said:

I agree, although it's probably just an optional feature that organisers can choose to pay for or not.

I've been especially missing the rankings history charts...and finally got round to making some myself (better late than never). They are upside down (i.e. first is at the bottom), and I have not set it up to update automatically every hour (not sure I will bother, given it's nearly over), but some of you might find them interesting.

Ultime: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=1160517827&format=interactive

IMOCA: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=595273413&format=interactive

Ocean Fifty: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=1998891296&format=interactive

Class 40: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=1483585647&format=interactive

Regarding my rankings history charts, I've 'fixed'* them so that they aren't upside down (i.e. boat in first is now at the top of the chart). Also, the link for the Ocean Fifty chart has changed and can now be seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQzbhC2CfVW61b_T1XfpJWCEsdd5m4pDcZ7DNLL1dRhJaYwTYBKlrzFksBhqcFN_QEYISLLMbvCIY9T/pubchart?oid=1156002066&format=interactive

* for some inexplicable reason, Google Sheets allows you to reverse the order of the values on the x axis, but not the y axis, so to flip it I've multiplied all the rankings values by -1. Just ignore the sign.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 19.56.30.png

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Pretty amazing finish coming up, from the Class40's. Not much in it.

563962771_ScreenShot2021-11-27at4_46_19PM.png

Match racing to the finish.

• Like 2

Looks like it will be bragging rights, at the breakfast table, for Sam over partner, Romain.

An excellent result following her, VG disappointment.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Looks like it will be bragging rights, at the breakfast table, for Sam over partner, Romain.

An excellent result following her, VG disappointment.

Based on 40 years of marriage I would say Romain made a prudent decision.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jean-Baptiste said:

Ha, ha. I know what you're saying, mate. ;-)

On 11/28/2021 at 10:42 AM, Jean-Baptiste said:

Took me 2 reads of this to understand that the 40 years you referenced, is your own, and not Sam & Romain's....! 

They are not old enough to have so many Runs on the Board:)

However, sincere congratulations to you JB, for both your Learned Wisdom and Longevity ;)

Redman in

Banque De Leman has overtaken for second in the drag race

La Boulangere Bio  Amelie and Marie up into 9th  

and great to see Isabelle getting to 12th in 60s

Marie in 14th  and Alexia in 18th

7 hours ago, Boink said:

Took me 2 reads of this to understand that the 40 years you referenced, is your own, and not Sam & Romain's....! 

They are not old enough to have so many Runs on the Board:)

However, sincere congratulations to you JB, for both your Learned Wisdom and Longevity ;)

Hah! I see what you mean, my English is not the best unfortunately.

4 hours ago, LeoV said:

Good to see C40 is not a French party only.
At the moment;
1st French Spanish
2d Swiss Swiss (lake sailors... just kidding)
3rd French French
4rd Belgian French

Also great to see 3 different designs/designers in the top 4.  It would seem you can be competitive with any of those 3 designs (and probably others too).  

• Like 1

The "UFO" that Lipinski and Pulvé hitted was a whale :

https://voilesetvoiliers.ouest-france.fr/course-au-large/transat-jacques-vabre/transat-jacques-vabre-collision-de-credit-mutuel-l-ofni-c-etait-une-baleine-0c13661c-51b5-11ec-8e47-dc859594d424

They can say from a cetacean smell that they perceived after the shock

They don't even say where they were, but they were second, so after cabo verde beginning of the Atlantic ?

• Like 2
On 11/30/2021 at 1:40 AM, Jean-Baptiste said:

Hah! I see what you mean, my English is not the best unfortunately.

On the other hand, JB  I've been married 48 years and your message was quite clear to me. :-)

• Like 1