Biden admin turning the corner on the Pandemic.

Don’t look now but there’s a lot of good news on this front.  The US is nearing 2M vaccinations per day and Fauci says anyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one in April.  Daily deaths are now 2,500 down from 4,500.  Positivity is down to 7% from 14% in early Jan.  Hospitalizations are in the low 80K range. Turns out having competent leadership in government can affect the course of a pandemic.  Who knew?

Gotta give Biden a tip of the hat. We are finally prepared.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Don’t look now but there’s a lot of good news on this front.  The US is nearing 2M vaccinations per day and Fauci says anyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one in April.  Daily deaths are now 2,500 down from 4,500.  Positivity is down to 7% from 14% in early Jan.  Hospitalizations are in the low 80K range. Turns out having competent leadership in government can affect the course of a pandemic.  Who knew?

Let's wait to see what the Super Bowl party fall out is.

Looking around me at the 90(+)% of people here who refuse to wear masks (Incl. first responders/healthcare workers), I'm not optimistic.

While I am hopeful at the prospect of having adults in charge, who are not more concerned with their re-election numbers than the death toll, I am not ready to entertain the idea we've "turned the corner".

• Like 1

Meanwhile, up here in the GWN, we are trying to decide whether drawing and quartering, head on a pike, execution at dawn, or burning at the stake is the most appropriate reward for our prime minister's performance on securing a vaccine supply for Canadians.   Consider yourselves lucky.

p.s. I am being facetious.  Up here in Canada when we threaten violence against politicians we don't mean it, we are just kidding.  Just in case that wasn't clear.

More good news rolling in.  In another thread I mentioned that evidence is rolling in from Spain and Israel that the  Astra Zeneca vaccine greatly reduces if nor substantively eliminates the transmission of COVID.  This has been the experience with both non respiratory and respiratory viruses.  A science denier or more likely a poorly read poster poo poo’d the notion but today Fauci confirmed that the evidence is mounting. As I mentioned in the other thread the evidence is that vaccines reduce the viral load in the upper thorax which kills the likely hood of transmission via say a sneeze.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says there's fresh evidence that a COVID-19 vaccine may not just protect the people who get it, it could also protect others who they come in contact with.

"There have been some studies that are pointing into a very favorable direction," Fauci, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on Wednesday during a White House COVID-19 briefing.

Vaccinated people seem to have less virus to spread around, even if they do get sick 

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-vaccines-may-decrease-spread-of-covid-lower-viral-load-2021-2

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

More good news rolling in.  In another thread I mentioned that evidence is rolling in from Spain and Israel that the  Astra Zeneca vaccine greatly reduces if nor substantively eliminates the transmission of COVID.  This has been the experience with both non respiratory and respiratory viruses.  A science denier or more likely a poorly read poster poo poo’d the notion but today Fauci confirmed that the evidence is mounting. As I mentioned in the other thread the evidence is that vaccines reduce the viral load in the upper thorax which kills the likely hood of transmission via say a sneeze.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says there's fresh evidence that a COVID-19 vaccine may not just protect the people who get it, it could also protect others who they come in contact with.

"There have been some studies that are pointing into a very favorable direction," Fauci, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on Wednesday during a White House COVID-19 briefing.

Vaccinated people seem to have less virus to spread around, even if they do get sick 

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-vaccines-may-decrease-spread-of-covid-lower-viral-load-2021-2

Corner Turned??

In local news, Cali is out of vaccines at the moment, but longer term pulled in the expected dates of expansion, pending receipt of some of this vaccine.

As long as we can keep the protesting fucktards from disrupting the process, it'll go quick.

Shots in arms = good.  And all you fuckers that defended the orange ones Covid response..  Well This is what can happen in a month if competent people are in charge and proves that the shitstains words meant nothing.  HE DID NOTHING!!!!  How can you defend someone like that let alone vote for them??  

On 2/11/2021 at 6:07 PM, Rain Man said:

Meanwhile, up here in the GWN, we are trying to decide whether drawing and quartering, head on a pike, execution at dawn, or burning at the stake is the most appropriate reward for our prime minister's performance on securing a vaccine supply for Canadians.   Consider yourselves lucky.

p.s. I am being facetious.  Up here in Canada when we threaten violence against politicians we don't mean it, we are just kidding.  Just in case that wasn't clear.

You know there was a time when it was always assumed to be a joke :(

On 2/11/2021 at 4:01 PM, Fakenews said:

Too soon. I have no idea why rates just dropped and I don't think anyone else does either. This is like incompetent skipper A letting 6 inches of barnacles grow on the boat and then getting fired and then Skipper B gets hired, buys some bottom paint, and the boat suddenly goes twice as fast but the paint is still in the can.

24 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Too soon. I have no idea why rates just dropped and I don't think anyone else does either. This is like incompetent skipper A letting 6 inches of barnacles grow on the boat and then getting fired and then Skipper B gets hired, buys some bottom paint, and the boat suddenly goes twice as fast but the paint is still in the can.

In that case we can surmise that like Biden Skipper B is a better sailor.

• Like 1

More bullshit.  There were already agreements in place for about 700 million doses.  Unless they plan on doing their inventory management on a LIFO basis I'm not sure where Biden gets any credit for the buy.

As of Dec 11 Moderna https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/us-government-exercises-1st-option-additional-100-million-doses

Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Supply Agreements

Moderna has confirmed the following supply agreements of committed orders totaling more than 390 million doses:

• United States: 200 million doses with option for an additional 300 million doses

Pfizer was holding back

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/12/10/944857395/us-government-may-find-it-hard-to-get-more-doses-of-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine

With Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine poised for Food and Drug Administration authorization for emergency use, there's speculation about when the United States will buy another batch of doses — and whether the Trump administration already missed its chance.

Although a Pfizer board member says the government declined to buy more doses beyond the initial 100 million agreed upon in July, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar told PBS Newshour that this is inaccurate. The company never made a formal offer saying how many doses it would deliver and when — two things that are needed to sign an additional deal.

"They refused to commit to any other production or delivery by a time certain," he said, explaining that the initial doses will be delivered by March, and there is an option for the government to buy another 500 million after that. "I'm certainly not going to sign a deal with Pfizer, giving them $10 billion to buy vaccine that they could deliver to us five, 10 years hence. That doesn't make any sense."

But, eventually, on Dec 23 agreed to deliver a second 100 million doses.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-supply-us-100-million-additional-doses

Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - 07:00am
  • U.S. government orders 100 million additional doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine bringing total doses for U.S. to 200 million

• All 200 million doses expected to be delivered by July 31, 2021, allowing for 100 million people in the U.S. to be vaccinated

• Like 1

Daily vaccinations are nearing 2M or 3 times what Trump managed to achieve.  

Credit to Biden for focusing on the vaccinators AND the vaccine. 

Also the 3 times a week briefing are enormously informative.  So far no one has suggested injecting bleach.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

More bullshit.  There were already agreements in place for about 700 million doses.  Unless they plan on doing their inventory management on a LIFO basis I'm not sure where Biden gets any credit for the buy.

As of Dec 11 Moderna https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/us-government-exercises-1st-option-additional-100-million-doses

Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Supply Agreements

Moderna has confirmed the following supply agreements of committed orders totaling more than 390 million doses:

• United States: 200 million doses with option for an additional 300 million doses

Pfizer was holding back

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/12/10/944857395/us-government-may-find-it-hard-to-get-more-doses-of-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine

With Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine poised for Food and Drug Administration authorization for emergency use, there's speculation about when the United States will buy another batch of doses — and whether the Trump administration already missed its chance.

Although a Pfizer board member says the government declined to buy more doses beyond the initial 100 million agreed upon in July, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar told PBS Newshour that this is inaccurate. The company never made a formal offer saying how many doses it would deliver and when — two things that are needed to sign an additional deal.

"They refused to commit to any other production or delivery by a time certain," he said, explaining that the initial doses will be delivered by March, and there is an option for the government to buy another 500 million after that. "I'm certainly not going to sign a deal with Pfizer, giving them $10 billion to buy vaccine that they could deliver to us five, 10 years hence. That doesn't make any sense."

But, eventually, on Dec 23 agreed to deliver a second 100 million doses.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-supply-us-100-million-additional-doses

Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - 07:00am
  • U.S. government orders 100 million additional doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine bringing total doses for U.S. to 200 million

• All 200 million doses expected to be delivered by July 31, 2021, allowing for 100 million people in the U.S. to be vaccinated

If Azar’s speaking he’s lying.  Good thing he’s gone too.

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Daily vaccinations are nearing 2M or 3 times what Trump managed to achieve.  

Credit to Biden for focusing on the vaccinators AND the vaccine. 

Also the 3 times a week briefing are enormously informative.  So far no one has suggested injecting bleach.

Not much experience with logistics, eh?

No one ever suggested injecting bleach.

BTW, India is doing pretty well using Hydoxychloroquine as a prophylactic.

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/pharma/why-icmr-continues-to-stand-firm-on-using-hydroxychloroquine-as-prophylaxis/76172274

"There is a huge difference in the (HCQ) dose which is used as therapeutic and preventive purpose. The prophylaxis HCQ is given in very small dose (400 milligrams once a week)," said Dr Arvind Kumar, Chairman, Centre for Chest Surgery and Director in Institute of Robotic Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, who is also taking it himself.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/pharma/why-icmr-continues-to-stand-firm-on-using-hydroxychloroquine-as-prophylaxis/76172274

"There is a huge difference in the (HCQ) dose which is used as therapeutic and preventive purpose. The prophylaxis HCQ is given in very small dose (400 milligrams once a week)," said Dr Arvind Kumar, Chairman, Centre for Chest Surgery and Director in Institute of Robotic Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, who is also taking it himself.

go melt somewhere else snowflake.

3 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Trumplandia needs a national anthem

- DSK

16 hours ago, Raz'r said:

go melt somewhere else snowflake.

12 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Trumplandia needs a national anthem

- DSK

What?  That's all ya got?  Can't face facts from the actual manufacturers?

Pussies.

On 2/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, Fakenews said:

Nope.  Biden just secured 200M more doses enough to fully vaccinate 300M Americans by the end of July.

Wait, didn't you say April above?

38 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Pussies.

What facts?

It would be nice if "the hydroxy" worked. It's cheap. But there is little evidence, including your feeble cite, that shows it helps; that evidence is outweighed by a lot more (by a factor of hundreds if not thousands) that it does nothing for viral infections. It's not even palliative but it can be dangerous.

You're still sucking that mushroom and hoping for magic.

- DSK

17 hours ago, Saorsa said:

True, Trump suggested "injecting disinfectant." which is equally stupid, but like Dog, you like to argue semantics when the truth interferes with you world view.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I agree. It is too soon to judge the Biden Admin. I'm waiting until Spring Break to see if there is another surge. Hopefully people will have learned their lessons, and hopefully leadership will be more ready to focus on mask wearing and social distancing. We shall see.

At least the administration seems to not be getting into the way of the professionals and seems to be supportive of all the Governors, not just the ones that kiss his ass.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dog said:

Well seeing is believing and cases started declining just as Biden took office.

Maybe god is a Democrat.

image.png

Or maybe a rational person took charge of the utter crap the previous guy set up to handle the virus...  

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-pfizer-vaccine-is-up-to-85-effective-after-first-dose-new-israeli-study-finds-12222164

More good news.  A study of the Pfizer vaccine in Israel shows that it is 85% effective after the first dose.  Of course according to some that data can’t be extrapolated to a. US populace but still good news @Bus Driver

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

More good news.  A study of the Pfizer vaccine in Israel shows that it is 85% effective after the first dose.  Of course according to some that data can’t be extrapolated to a. US populace but still good news @Bus Driver

You're a little late, Gaston.  And, a little low on the rate.  This came out a few weeks ago.  And, I saw it.  It sure looks promising.  But, go you!

Pfizer Vaccine Is 90% Effective 3 Weeks After First Shot, Early Study Shows

Does anyone here seriously believe that Biden has had a drastic impact in virus response in the short time he's been in office?  I mean, serously?  He's made changes, but I would be absolutely shocked in they've made any material impact to our situation yet.

Come on guys.  Don't act like Republicans.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Does anyone here seriously believe that Biden has had a drastic impact in virus response in the short time he's been in office?  I mean, serously?  He's made changes, but I would be absolutely shocked in they've made any material impact to our situation yet.

Drastic?  No.  

Impact?  Absolutely.  At the minimum, he chose to be upfront about what we are facing and established guidelines intended to address the spread.

Quite a change from the former guy.

7 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

This thread is modeled after Sol’s Ebola thread only that now the horse is out of the barn wrt the virus it’s all about healing SA and America.  The fact that an avalanche of good news is happening on Biden’s watch thanks in no small part to newly found competency in govt. is just gravy.  I suspect the usual bozos will be scarce in this thread.

10 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

This thread is modeled after Sol’s Ebola thread only that now the horse is out of the barn wrt the virus it’s all about healing SA and America.  The fact that an avalanche of good news is happening on Biden’s watch thanks in no small part to newly found competency in govt. is just gravy.  I suspect the usual bozos will be scarce in this thread.

Or they will show up in force and deluge us with transparent bullshit and rancor, which is their usual go-to. Fuck them.

27 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I think 2 things. More folks are wearing masks, which is directly uncle Joe, and the states are starting to show better coordination, which is indirectly uncle Joe, but the states are getting direction, which is uncle Joe.

42 minutes ago, Venom said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy_N0ZdBPQqHEePziaXlm

Now that everybody has seen him speaking, and answering questions, the whole "Joe Biden is a senile wreck" thing just looks like another stupid right-wing smear campaign.

I guess your dog ate the memo. Or you don't mind looking like a malignant moron.

- DSK

On 2/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, Saorsa said:

Well, we can also cite 200,000 excess deaths, and the Drumph & clan actually bragging about ignoring the science, leading directly to the deaths. 

And that is why yo bad faith kiester is known forever more as little Reichista 

13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Now that everybody has seen him speaking, and answering questions, the whole "Joe Biden is a senile wreck" thing just looks like another stupid right-wing smear campaign.

I guess your dog ate the memo. Or you don't mind looking like a malignant moron.

- DSK

Mind? He revels in being a malignant moron.

It's not like he has much choice in the matter.

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

You realize who you're talking to right?  This is the same guy who haunts places like 4chan and 9gag and pulls his memes from there.  By definition, he's a moron.

Yeah, I pretty much skip over almost all "Venom"s posts. What kind of person would think that's a cool nickname? Just checking to see if his elevator is really stuck between the basement and parking garage.

- DSK

At the very least, it doesn't look like Joe Biden gets his suits from TJ Max, or the Salvation Army, and he has good posture.

11 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

At the very least, it doesn't look like Joe Biden gets his suits from TJ Max, or the Salvation Army, and he has good posture.

While this has nothing at all to do with the real subject of this thread, whatever it is, this prompted me to post a picture of MiniMe Trump. It looks like he gets his clothes from dumpsters.

210222-desantis-getty-773.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

While this has nothing at all to do with the real subject of this thread, whatever it is, this prompted me to post a picture of MiniMe Trump. It looks like he gets his clothes from dumpsters.

210222-desantis-getty-773.jpg

He even sits like Trump.  It’s a really weird posture.  They always look like they’re about to fall of the chair.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:57 PM, Grrr... said:

I think, while Donald trump challenged his followers to do everything in their power to spread the virus by virtue of him being a fuckstick... Biden has challenged everyone (on both sides of the aisle) to help prevent the spread not with being a dickhead   But with calm discourse and consistent messaging. 

Don't assume everyone is a "guy".

How does a Republican Party member act versus a  Democratic Party member?

28 minutes ago, dacapo said:

I think, while Donald trump challenged his followers to do everything in their power to spread the virus by virtue of him being a fuckstick... Biden has challenged everyone (on both sides of the aisle) to help prevent the spread not with being a dickhead   But with calm discourse and consistent messaging. 

I think Biden's personal impact has been relatively slight.

OTOH there is some "leadership" effect, and the vaccination effort went from almost zero to ~3 million a day and rising. I dunno WTF the Trumpettes thought was going to happen, phials in boxes are going to magically stop the disease? But all kinds of people all around the country are making it happen

Meanwhile 2,000 people a day are still dying

- DSK

Drastic, no. Having a President who prioritizes getting people vaccinated will make a difference, particularly in a state where priority is determined by politics and donations (see Publix). 

It makes a difference here. 
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/local/state/2021/02/19/florida-one-two-states-receive-first-federal-covid-vaccination-centers-vaccine-fema-cdc/4505280001/

2 hours ago, hasher said:

Don't assume everyone is a "guy".

How does a Republican Party member act versus a  Democratic Party member?

I suppose it's a generalization, but to a person the people I identify as right on this board are deceitful and dishonest.  Venom.  Jzk.  Dog.  Etc. 

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

I suppose it's a generalization, but to a person the people I identify as right on this board are deceitful and dishonest.  Venom.  Jzk.  Dog.  Etc. 

"Right" tend to be wrong.  

Some more good news.  With Biden’s brokering a deal between Merck and JNJ the US will now have enough vaccine for every American by the end of May and full month earlier than promised.  Furthermore efforts are being focused on ensuring that there are enough vaccinators to get the job done. We are seeing what happens when a competent federally led effort to vaccinate Americans replaces a “leave it up to the states” strategy.

By the way it turns out Biden’s not only a better president and human being than Trump, he’s a better deal maker.

President Biden and his administration can do everything right but they are still susceptible to this kind of bullshit

“Texas gov lifts all coronavirus restrictions on businesses, rescinds mask mandate”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-governor-lifts-all-coronavirus-restrictions-on-businesses-rescinds-mask-mandate-204327939.html

Hahahahahaahahahaha.  America, you say you're almost rid of the Trump Flu?  hahahahaahahahahahahaha.  You don't think us RegressTards are gonna let you off THAT easy do ya?  You Biden/Obama luving twats, here's how WE roll in the New (Old) South!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gov-greg-abbott-lift-texas-mask-mandate-open-state-100-n1259329

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I'm no Trump supporter. However, I'm gonna give credit where credit is due. Under the Trump administration, vaccine manufacture and distribution seems to have rolled out quite efficiently. I doubt that the administration actually had anything to do with it, but it did seem to be going reasonably well even before inauguration.  It has sped up since inauguration, but that would be expected on any rollout program, regardless of a change of leadership.

5 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I'm no Trump supporter. However, I'm gonna give credit where credit is due. Under the Trump administration, vaccine manufacture and distribution seems to have rolled out quite efficiently. I doubt that the administration actually had anything to do with it, but it did seem to be going reasonably well even before inauguration.  It has sped up since inauguration, but that would be expected on any rollout program, regardless of a change of leadership.

They did have something to do with it, they promised vast amounts of money. This took away the capital risk to the companies and allowed devoting increased resources to development and testing. Apparently there were a couple of vaccines that were "designed" and ready to be tested within a very short time, a couple of weeks.

It's one of the very few things that the Trump Administration got right, they should get credit in the same proportion that they take blame for everything they fucked up.

- DSK

22 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

They did have something to do with it, they promised vast amounts of money. This took away the capital risk to the companies and allowed devoting increased resources to development and testing. Apparently there were a couple of vaccines that were "designed" and ready to be tested within a very short time, a couple of weeks.

It's one of the very few things that the Trump Administration got right, they should get credit in the same proportion that they take blame for everything they fucked up.

- DSK

They only get credit for Moderna.  Pfizer has deep pockets and did it on their own.  Just this week it was reported that the reason JNJ had so few doses out of the gate is because they were producing them at risk.  Let’s not pretend Trump had much or anything to do with the rapid rollout of vaccines.  That’s thanks to enormous advancements in science around the world.  Let’s not forget the Soviets, Chinese and Brits all produced and deployed a highly effective vaccine within the same time frame.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Some more good news.  With Biden’s brokering a deal between Merck and JNJ the US will now have enough vaccine for every American by the end of May and full month earlier than promised.  Furthermore efforts are being focused on ensuring that there are enough vaccinators to get the job done. We are seeing what happens when a competent federally led effort to vaccinate Americans replaces a “leave it up to the states” strategy.

By the way it turns out Biden’s not only a better president and human being than Trump, he’s a better deal maker.

To be accurate, it would be enough for all ADULTS in the US. And, yes, that is good news. 

Good new for “long haulers”.  Vaccination bring relief to some patients.

Many of Griffin’s patients who improved had significant side effects after their first shot of either the Moderna or Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine. That’s common in people who’ve had COVID-19 before — they already have some level of antibodies, so the first shot acts more like a second booster. Then, his patients with chronic symptoms started to report that their sense of smell was improving or that they weren’t as fatigued. “For some of them it was short lived. But for a chunk, it actually persisted — they went ahead, got their second shot out, and are saying, wow, they really feel like there’s light at the end of the tunnel,” Griffin says.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/2/22308965/covid-vaccine-shots-symptoms-improve-chronic-long-haulers

An eye popping 5.3M Americans were vaccinated this weekend.  Team Biden has cranked it up to 11! With 17 FEMA sites operating like well oil machines.  This is what a competent federally led effort looks like.  Good thing too the UK variant is coming on strong.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/07/covid-us-vaccinations-hit-record-officials-warn-against-easing-restrictions.html

Disappointed in the wishy washy CDC guidance  today.  Particularly egregious was the the recommendation that the vaccinated or recovered COVID patients NOT travel.  Airlines were rightfully incensed.  Also ludicrous to say that if vaccinated  it’s OK to mingle inside with non vaccinated member of another household but not Two or more household.   I think Americans will rightfully ignore those recommendations.

I do plan to continue wearing masks inside among people I don’t know for the immediate future but a bunch of us have a road trip scheduled for late May.  I hope the CDC will get it together by then. 

Blockbuster news!  

In a study out of Israel (who seems to be doing the heavy lifting in looking vaccine efficacy) the Pfizer vaccine blocked asymptomatic transmission of COVID in 94% of vaccinated people.  Now there was no reason not to expect this to be the case as I noted several weeks ago based on past experience with both respiratory and non respiratory viruses but still.  Compounding the goods news is that daily vaccinations are up to 3M and very soon all who want the vaccine will be able to get it.

My reasonable prediction is that we can all drop the masks indoors after Memorial Day

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/11/pfizer-covid-vaccine-blocks-94percent-of-asymptomatic-infections-and-97percent-of-symptomatic-cases-in-israeli-study.html

The analysis used data collected between Jan. 17 and March 6, when Pfizer’s vaccine was the only available shot in the country and when the more transmissible B.1.1.7 variant from the U.K. was the dominant strain.

“This is extremely important ... for society,” Bourla said in an interview with CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” “The asymptomatic carriers and patients are the ones spreading the disease mainly. We were expecting something good in terms of symptomatic,” he said, adding the company was not expecting such a “high number” against asymptomatic cases.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news for vaccinated people.  The CDC director just admitted that they do not carry the virus.  Meaning they can’t get others sick.  This no doubt extends to people who have recovered from COVID as well at least in the short term.  We should be able to ditch the masks my July 4th.  I am looking forward to attending packed Gator games and concerts with out worry this fall.

We’re vaccinating so very fast, our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick — and it’s not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real world data,” Walensky said in a Monday evening interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow. 

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-cdc-director-data-suggests-vaccinated-people-do-not-carry-the-virus/

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Great news for vaccinated people.  The CDC director just admitted that they do not carry the virus.  Meaning they can’t get others sick.  This no doubt extends to people who have recovered from COVID as well at least in the short term.  We should be able to ditch the masks my July 4th.  I am looking forward to attending packed Gator games and concerts with out worry this fall.

We’re vaccinating so very fast, our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick — and it’s not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real world data,” Walensky said in a Monday evening interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow. 

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-cdc-director-data-suggests-vaccinated-people-do-not-carry-the-virus/

You believe this shit?  So all the vaccinations are 100% effective, Homey don't play that.  Great, so vaccinated people have just been given a license to not wear masks, which likely will encourage people who have not been vaccinated to not wear masks.

I don't buy it.  

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Certainly encouraging news.  But, we are not there, yet.  From the interview with Rachel Maddow - 

Transcript: The Rachel Maddow Show, 3/29/21

WALENSKY: I`m going to pause here. I`m going to lose the script. And I`m going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom. We have so much to look forward to, so much promise and potential of where we are, and so much reason for hope.

I so badly want to be done. I know you all so badly want to be done. We are just almost there, but not quite yet. And so I`m asking you to just hold on a little longer to get vaccinated when you can, so that all of those people that we all love will still be here when this pandemic ends.

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

You believe this shit?  So all the vaccinations are 100% effective, Homey don't play that.  Great, so vaccinated people have just been given a license to not wear masks, which likely will encourage people who have not been vaccinated to not wear masks.

I don't buy it.  

That's been Gaston's position, all along.  He's proud of his refusal to wear a mask, claiming immunity (I think he says his expires in May).

Medical professionals advocate wearing masks after vaccination.  But, that stellar UF education (likely due to the proximity of "world class beaches") is far superior to any of their actual medical training.

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I don't buy it.  

It was first shown in Israeli studies weeks ago.  The evidence is overwhelming.  Locally at least masks are still required for shopping at Hockey games etc and I think that’s a good thing but eventually it will be clear they’re no longer needed. July 4th is my reasonable prediction.  
Im fortunate to have not only recovered from COVID but to also be vaccinated.  My protection is probably a little more durable.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Certainly encouraging news.  But, we are not there, yet.  From the interview with Rachel Maddow - 

Transcript: The Rachel Maddow Show, 3/29/21

WALENSKY: I`m going to pause here. I`m going to lose the script. And I`m going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom. We have so much to look forward to, so much promise and potential of where we are, and so much reason for hope.

I so badly want to be done. I know you all so badly want to be done. We are just almost there, but not quite yet. And so I`m asking you to just hold on a little longer to get vaccinated when you can, so that all of those people that we all love will still be here when this pandemic ends.

This^

I went to a local hardware store today, and although they have flimsy sneeze guards at the cash registers, not one single employee was wearing a mask. Neither were about half of the customers. I'm very disappointed in the Biden admin for not being more forceful on this subject, and I'm super pissed at all the governors who have lifted mask mandates in their states. We've been heading the right way, but this thing is far from over.

• 4 weeks later...

More good news today on the pandemic front (at least domestically).  Well over 200M Americans have got at least one shot and if you read between the lines in polls there are only 20% who are hard core NO’s on getting vaccinated.  We have such a surfeit that we are giving away 60M shots to India along with raw materials to make more.  The last little surge has crested cases and deaths are dropping quickly again.  Finally (and here I have to ding the admin) the CDC announced relaxed guidelines on wearing masks outdoors.

WTH?  Who has been wearing masks outdoors? Maybe at a Lalapalooza concert but we didn’t have any of those this past year.  Silly.

Sticking to my prediction that masks indoors become optional July 4th which the science supports.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:50 PM, Fakenews said:

It was first shown in Israeli studies weeks ago.  The evidence is overwhelming.  Locally at least masks are still required for shopping at Hockey games etc and I think that’s a good thing but eventually it will be clear they’re no longer needed. July 4th is my reasonable prediction.  
Im fortunate to have not only recovered from COVID but to also be vaccinated.  My protection is probably a little more durable.

Who the hell shops at hockey games? And what would they be shopping for, spare teeth?

Why July 4th? (and why is it a reasonable prediction?)

On 2/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, Saorsa said:

Do you still stand behind that statement?

Heard on the news that some city, county or state is offering $100 savings bonds to people to get vaccinated??  WTF???  Our Country is racing to the bottom, faster and faster every day, week and month.....

3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Heard on the news that some city, county or state is offering $100 savings bonds to people to get vaccinated??  WTF???  Our Country is racing to the bottom, faster and faster every day, week and month.....

West Virginia. Socialism comes to the hills!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Next time, they'll all wait until the reward goes up. 

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

• Like 1
2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I'm sure no Trump supporter will accept the $100 because socialism, amirite?

• Like 2