15 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I apologize for offending you. That was not my intent. I was trying to gain more understanding about the subject. You apparently have no interest in giving me any of your insight.

You wrote “you are technically Arab or Iberian” which indicates you have made no effort to gain understanding as of yet.  Here’s your first hint: the first mention of the word “Arab” in any language was in the mid ninth century BCE, at least 400 years (and possibly as much as 1200) after Israelites settled in Hebron. The absence of pig bones in archeological sites of the canaanites likely indicates the Jews in the region go back even further. 

im not sure what was going on in Iberia back then but there sure weren’t any Jews or arabs

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You wrote “you are technically Arab or Iberian” which indicates you have made no effort to gain understanding as of yet.  Here’s your first hint: the first mention of the word “Arab” in any language was in the mid ninth century BCE, at least 400 years (and possibly as much as 1200) after Israelites settled in Hebron. The absence of pig bones in archeological sites of the canaanites likely indicates the Jews in the region go back even further. 

Thank you for your insight/information.  The bolded quote above was intended to be a question, not an accusation.

10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Probably best to write it like a question then rather than an assertion. 

I sort of figured the question mark would indicate that it was a question. My mistake for using antiquated punctuation.

23 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I'm always amazed at how a country that is so religious can know so little about the subject; when I first started teaching origins of religions in World History, there would always be kids asking if Catholics were Christian.

6 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

I'm always amazed at how a country that is so religious can know so little about the subject; when I first started teaching origins of religions in World History, there would always be kids asking if Catholics were Christian.

Some are.

Then there are pedophile priests, and "Good Catholics" who deny charity to the poor, and of course there's that whole Flying Nun thing.....

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

So you are technically Arabic... or Iberian, Correct?

This is a teachable moment then.

The above is not a “question” unless you also think “so you technically have raped a dozen women, correct?” is a legitimate question were it to be asked of you. 

In other words, the basic assumptions of the “question” are false, and it is not written in the form of a question. 

it is preferable to include the inquisitory words at the beginning of the question to signal that you are asking a question and not making some completely bullshit, offensive assertion based on what you might have learned at Sunday christian school when you were 9. 

“do you know what your genetic ancestry is?” Instead of “you’re a fucking Arab, right?”

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

This is a teachable moment then.

The above is not a “question” unless you also think “so you technically have raped a dozen women, correct?” is a legitimate question were it to be asked of you. 

In other words, the basic assumptions of the “question” are false, and it is not written in the form of a question. 

it is preferable to include the inquisitory words at the beginning of the question to signal that you are asking a question and not making some completely bullshit, offensive assertion based on what you might have learned at Sunday christian school when you were 9. 

I didn't go to christian sunday school when I was 9. You are allowed to make assumptions that I find offensive, while you chastise me for offending you when I had no intention of offending anyone?

The question was written in the form of a question, your honor, hence the ellipses, and the question mark.

You can blow smoke all day long, but in the end, that's all it is. Smoke.

I have apologized to you for asking a question in good faith that you apparently find objectionable. You in return, are rude, and condescending to me for asking the question.

And don't try to give me a grammar lesson, I find that to also be rude and condescending.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Some are.

Then there are pedophile priests, and "Good Catholics" who deny charity to the poor, and of course there's that whole Flying Nun thing.....

All are, if the defining question is "Do you take Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?", a positive gets you into the club.  Anything after that falls into the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

6 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Had you actually fucking bothered to read his very next sentence, you would have gotten immediately that it WAS a question and not an assertion.  And the ? was sort of a give away as well.  But Since you neglected to include his full quote in your snarky reply, here it is again.  

8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

So you are technically Arabic... or Iberian, Correct?

(This is a question, not a statement.

I highlighted it with a different font color in case you were color blind and didn't see it.  Just saying.

6 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I apologize for offending you. That was not my intent. I was trying to gain more understanding about the subject. You apparently have no interest in giving me any of your insight.

No, it's not you.  Clean is just springloaded to jump down your piehole at any hint of something that doesn't 100% agree to the letter with his dogma.  He will soon accuse you of being uneducated, because there is no other explanation other than he is king shit here, and knows all, and is far superior in knowledge and education to everyone, and us lowlifes just need to bow down before him in unquestioning love and devotion to his superior skooling and intellect.

Just nod yes, Massa -  and all will be well.

5 minutes ago, Burning Man said:
6 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

No, it's not you.  Clean is just springloaded to jump down your piehole at any hint of something that doesn't 100% agree to the letter with his dogma.  He will soon accuse you of being uneducated, because there is no other explanation other than he is king shit here, and knows all, and is far superior in knowledge and education to everyone, and us lowlifes just need to bow down before him in unquestioning love and devotion to his superior skooling and intellect.

Just nod yes, Massa -  and all will be well.

Who our you caulleng 'lowlifes' flyboye?

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

See @Mrleft8....... he's nothing if not predictable on throwing your education out there as an attempted belittlement.  

12 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I hope I juste putte outte fire foire Mickey on anorthere thresde, do I haffe to do saime foire Cleane hearre?

I wasn't aware you were Clean's "clean up boy".

I have no animosity towards Mr. Clean.

It appears that he misconstrued my question as an attack of some sort.

It was not.

I won't bother to pursue this question further, as it has obviously caused some discomfort to a person on this forum whom I have so far considered a voice of reason. I have usually enjoyed Mr. Clean's posts, found reasonable discussion, and occasional humor in his responses to others.

On the other hand, I will tolerate no bullshit from anyone, ever.

End of my participation on this subject.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I have no animosity towards Mr. Clean.

It appears that he misconstrued my question as an attack of some sort.

It was not.

I won't bother to pursue this question further, as it has obviously caused some discomfort to a person on this forum whom I have so far considered a voice of reason. I have usually enjoyed Mr. Clean's posts, found reasonable discussion, and occasional humor in his responses to others.

On the other hand, I will tolerate no bullshit from anyone, ever.

End of my participation on this subject.

I apologize for jumping down your throat. I get triggered when goyim like Jeff make claims that Jews are typically religious when I have found the exact opposite to he true time and time again.  To have you pile on with the “Arab or Iberian” shit sent me into overdrive because I’ve repeatedly heard the same inaccurate characterization and I’m just tired of it- there’s no excuse for an adult to not know this stuff in the Information Age.  Finally, calling an assertion a question because you stick “correct?” at the end of it is some bullshit.  It’s called a “leading question” and is reserved for opposition and/or hostile witnesses for a reason. 

Anyway, sorry for being nasty.  Religion is a minefield and I do not want anyone presuming that I am theistic and terrified of bacon simply because I was borne by Jews. 

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I apologize for jumping down your throat. I get triggered when goyim like Jeff make claims that Jews are typically religious when I have found the exact opposite to he true time and time again.  To have you pile on with the “Arab or Iberian” shit sent me into overdrive because I’ve repeatedly heard the same inaccurate characterization and I’m just tired of it- there’s no excuse for an adult to not know this stuff in the Information Age.  Finally, calling an assertion a question because you stick “correct?” at the end of it is some bullshit.  It’s called a “leading question” and is reserved for opposition and/or hostile witnesses for a reason. 

Anyway, sorry for being nasty.  Religion is a minefield and I do not want anyone presuming that I am theistic and terrified of bacon simply because I was borne by Jews. 

Did you just piss all over yourself or what? :D 

Some of y'all might want to ponder why Jews tend to use the words "practicing" and "observant", where Christians and Muslims would use words like "believing", "professing" or "devout".

• Like 1