5G interference with gps and weather forecasting

You all see the article in most recent BoatUS magazine about 5G interference with gps signals and weather forecasting?  Pretty disturbing, sounds like some folks at FCC are getting either strong armed or kickbacks.

1 hour ago, bgytr said:

You all see the article in most recent BoatUS magazine about 5G interference with gps signals and weather forecasting?  Pretty disturbing, sounds like some folks at FCC are getting either strong armed or kickbacks.

who knows? But I bet my bottom dollar that the NAvy and NOAA are the truth here. And that the FCC is pretending to be all scientific.
I read the article on this quite some time ago but BoatUS doesn't date their stuff (poor practice) on the page itself--only in the URL.  Here it is, from June 2019:

https://www.boatus.com/expert-advice/expert-advice-archive/2019/june/will-5g-networks-affect-marine-weather-forecasts

image.png.fd4febdc55fc47029947f574ea77cef1.png

And here is what came of the meeting:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/22/20975652/weather-forecast-interference-limits-5g-egypt-conference-radio-frequency

Basically, we are FUCKED.

But as has always been the case, MONEY makes the radio spectrum decisions.

Never mind the "public resource" and "greater good."

I remember when the 220 MMz band was carved up for UPS...

...and the irony of shortwave was all the commercial guys shut out the amateurs on the entirety of 200 meters and longer wavelengths way way back. But the Amateurs figured out that that longwave was not as good anyway. Haha. But then after they figured it out, the Commercial Operators gobbled up almost all THAT spectrum, too....

...I wonder how the military has managed to hold onto the 300 MHz band for so long. Haha.

Dang nam it do I have to read all this? 

Cut to the chase: is this going to mean a return to the value of SKILL? Such as coastal piloting and celestial navigation? Now I wonder if I can find an operable RDF at some garage sale...

1 hour ago, Latadjust said:

Dang nam it do I have to read all this? 

Cut to the chase: is this going to mean a return to the value of SKILL? Such as coastal piloting and celestial navigation? Now I wonder if I can find an operable RDF at some garage sale...

Naa you don't have to read.  It's hazardous to your health- go watch some bugs bunny cartoons.

The entire GPS spectrum is just a spec in the much broader 5G spectrum. The amount of data contained in GPS packets is minuscule -- the same as texting your friends but no images or video allowed. The packets are structured completely differently between GPS and 5G and the packets of one appear like mild background noise to the other. Once we're in microwaves, the bands are packed with multiple services. It's not uncommon for 7 or more services to share a single chunk of bandwidth.

I can't imagine the DoD allowing anyone to step on their GPS signal...

I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

The entire GPS spectrum is just a spec in the much broader 5G spectrum. The amount of data contained in GPS packets is minuscule -- the same as texting your friends but no images or video allowed. The packets are structured completely differently between GPS and 5G and the packets of one appear like mild background noise to the other. Once we're in microwaves, the bands are packed with multiple services. It's not uncommon for 7 or more services to share a single chunk of bandwidth.

It isn't the GPS that is the problem. It's the weather stuff due to a water resonance.

1 hour ago, Somebody Else said:

https://www.boatus.com/expert-advice/expert-advice-archive/2021/february/dont-mess-with-gps

Link to article, quick read.

10 hours ago, fastyacht said:

who knows? But I bet my bottom dollar that the NAvy and NOAA are the truth here. And that the FCC is pretending to be all scientific.
I read the article on this quite some time ago but BoatUS doesn't date their stuff (poor practice) on the page itself--only in the URL.  Here it is, from June 2019:

https://www.boatus.com/expert-advice/expert-advice-archive/2019/june/will-5g-networks-affect-marine-weather-forecasts

And here is what came of the meeting:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/22/20975652/weather-forecast-interference-limits-5g-egypt-conference-radio-frequency

"Ajit Pai" HAHAHAHAHAHA...! As if that corporate toady ever knew anything about anything. (Actually, he likely knows quite a great deal regarding fellating corporate c***k.)

59 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Has a bunch of qualifiers - may, possibly, will, could, may again. I may win the lottery this week and could buy a huge yacht and will have a great time. I would like my 5 minutes back.

It shouldn't be too hard to check it out for interference.  If there's a chance it could fuck up signficant systems that many depend upon, maybe we should do the friggin homework first before we screw shit up.  Sounds like there's real concern from parties who have no profit to gain, vs. a private party who has a real financial interest.  My bet is that the private party with the profit motive is perhaps "maybe possibly, could be" mucking up the facts.  

Just a hunch.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:33 PM, LB 15 said:

5G is blocking GPS AND spreading the Coronavirus? Fuck Bill Gates is a bigger cunt that we all thought!

On 2/14/2021 at 8:59 PM, Somebody Else said:

You mean - The sky isn't really falling? c'mon, we all know there is a conspiracy around every corner.