Trump’s heaping list of legal problems post-impeachment

After averting a conviction in his second impeachment trial, former President Donald Trump faces significant new legal threats as prosecutors in Georgia have joined those in New York to conduct criminal investigations into his actions. 

As the nation watched harrowing videos from January 6 of Trump supporters storming the US Capitol during the Senate impeachment trial this week, Georgia officials announced they have opened investigations into Trump's efforts to overturn the state's election results, including by pressuring officials to "find" votes to swing the outcome in his favor. 
The new investigations add to a heaping list of legal issues facing the former President that could threaten his finances and possibly his freedom. 
Out of office and without the protections that the presidency afforded him, Trump is now facing multiple criminal investigations, civil state inquiries and defamation lawsuits by two women accusing him of sexual assault. 
The pressure comes as Trump weighs his future in politics and in business with the Trump Organization, which has already been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, also losing corporate partnerships following Trump's January 6 speech whipping up the crowd. 
In the three weeks since Trump left the White House, the multiple legal threats he faces have increased and become more imminent.

Georgia election results
Georgia officials announced that the former President faces two new investigations over calls he made to election officials in an attempt to overturn the state's election results. 
The pressure comes as Trump weighs his future in politics and in business with the Trump Organization, which has already been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, also losing corporate partnerships following Trump's January 6 speech whipping up the crowd. 
In the three weeks since Trump left the White House, the multiple legal threats he faces have increased and become more imminent. 
A source familiar with the Georgia secretary of state's investigation confirmed they are investigating two calls, including one Trump made to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. 
In the January call, audio of which was obtained by CNN, Trump is heard pushing Raffensperger to "find" votes to overturn the election results after his loss to then-President-elect Joe Biden. 
"This is not an easy case, but it's not one that you should walk away from investigating," said Bret Williams, a former federal prosecutor in New York and Atlanta. "It will be tough to show that he had intent to solicit Raffensperger to commit election fraud but he may have." 
Trump's senior adviser, Jason Miller, said in a statement to CNN that there was nothing "improper or untoward" about the scheduled call between Trump and Raffensperger. 
"If Mr. Raffensperger didn't want to receive calls about the election, he shouldn't have run for secretary of state," Miller said in the statement.
The investigation also involves a call Trump made in December to a Georgia election investigatorin the state secretary of state's office who was leading a probe into allegations of ballot fraud in Cobb County. Trump is heard asking the investigator to "find the fraud," saying the official would be a "national hero."
The second Georgia investigation is being conducted by the Fulton County District Attorney's office, which announced Wednesday that it has also opened a criminal investigation into Trump for his "attempts to influence the administration of the 2020 Georgia general election." 
"Anyone that violates the law will be prosecuted, no matter what their social stature is, no matter what their economics are, no matter what their race is or their gender. We're not going to treat anyone differently," Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis told CNN affiliate WSB in an interview earlier this week.
The earliest a Fulton County grand jury is expected to convene is in March, and the district attorney's office can request grand jury subpoenas as necessary at that time. 
"I believe laws were broken because I think it was a clear effort by at the time a President of the United States, who I think at the time also wielded a certain amount of power to influence the secretary of state to do something wrong," said Michael J. Moore, a former US Attorney for the Middle District of Georgia during the Obama administration. 
"I think that's what the statute says, and if those things happened, that's a violation of law," he said.

Business dealings in New York 

Trump also faces a criminal investigation in New York where the Manhattan District Attorney's office is looking into whether the Trump Organization violated state laws, such as insurance fraud, tax fraud or other schemes to defraud. The scope of the investigation is broad, with prosecutors looking into, among other things, whether the Trump Organization misled financial institutions when applying for loans or violated tax laws when donating a conservation easement on its estate called Seven Springs and taking deductions on fees paid to consultants.
Prosecutors are awaiting a decision from the US Supreme Court on whether it will continue to delay the enforcement of a subpoena for eight years of Trump's personal and business tax returns and related records from his accounting firm. 
If the Supreme Court allows the subpoena to be enforced, it will provide a significant boost to the investigation. 
New York State Attorney General Letitia James' office is conducting a civil investigation into whether the Trump Organization inflated the values of his assets in order to secure favorable loans and insurance coverage. 
Alan Garten, general counsel of the Trump Organization, previously told the New York Times, "Everything was done in strict compliance with applicable law and under the advice of counsel and tax experts." He added, "All applicable taxes were paid and no party received any undue benefit." 
The attorney general's office deposed Eric Trump, executive vice president of the Trump Organization, in October. James' investigation is civil at this time but could become criminal

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Just another real estate shyster who’s “empire” crashes when he can no longer juggling the balls. Meh.

He didn't build it, he inherited it. And pissed it away unbelievably fast.

- DSK

32 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

The prosecutors might be considering how to deal with jury pools containing 43% who have already made their minds up to acquit. 

^^^^This, the former president has convinced his base that anything that happens to him is the result of a deep state conspiracy and because of that they will send him money, suckers.

36 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

The prosecutors might be considering how to deal with jury pools containing 43% who have already made their minds up to acquit. 

Not near that # in Manhattan 

23 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Not near that # in Manhattan 

Criminal convictions must be unanimous in NY, right? And civil nearly so? So the entire Trump defense effort is focused on jury selection. Just like in the Senate. Nothing else matters if a single GQP or MAGA can be seated. 

7 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

Criminal convictions must be unanimous in NY, right? And civil nearly so? So the entire Trump defense effort is focused on jury selection. Just like in the Senate. Nothing else matters if a single GQP or MAGA can be seated. 

Maybe but I think the odds are still very high for a conviction.  I still think the DOJ will get involved (campaign finance fraud is a good starting point) and they always get their man.  He’s going to be like an old (cowardly) lion surrounded by a pack of hyenas harried on all quarters till the day he dies.

His resources will dry up, he’ll be marginalized with any luck he kills himself.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

No mention of the rape and sexual assault charges.

Funny how quickly people forget .

Rape maybe, but yer run of the mill sexual assault charges have probably timed out.... Statues of lemon stations, ya know.

2 hours ago, El Borracho said:

When they come into the court room wearing their read MAGA hat it kind of a give away.

2 hours ago, El Borracho said:

IQ testing of the jury pool?

7 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Third paragraph.

They're defamation suits, civil.

I'm waiting for the big one. Katie Johnson or similar.

Trump's been acused of varying degrees of sexual assault, all by women with some kind of professional or social status.

Does anyone seriously believe he hasn't assaulted or raped more than a few housekeepers, waitresses, hostesses and chambermaids in those clubs and hotels he owns? Women without power in fear for their minimum wage jobs?

The might start getting some support to come forward now he's no longer President and his power is generally on the wain. No Edelstein's or Cohens to do the dirty work. 

On jury selection day, A savvy prosecutor would set out a table with free MAGA hats. 
peopke who grabbed one to throw in the trash woukd be selected, those who put one on wouid be rejected.

those who did neither wouid be risky choices 

11 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

They're defamation suits, civil.

I'm waiting for the big one. Katie Johnson or similar.

Trump's been acused of varying degrees of sexual assault, all by women with some kind of professional or social status.

Does anyone seriously believe he hasn't assaulted or raped more than a few housekeepers, waitresses, hostesses and chambermaids in those clubs and hotels he owns? Women without power in fear for their minimum wage jobs?

I'd give that odds-on he's done it lots and lots of times.

Back when I was a university student one of my part-time jobs was cleaning/handyman in a hotel. The housemaids had lots of stories about sexual assault. Sometimes they'd get me or someone else to accompany them to a room.

1970's - different mindset then by a lot of the traveling types and I thought it was an abuse at the time, I still do.

FKT

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I'd give that odds-on he's done it lots and lots of times.

Back when I was a university student one of my part-time jobs was cleaning/handyman in a hotel. The housemaids had lots of stories about sexual assault. Sometimes they'd get me or someone else to accompany them to a room.

1970's - different mindset then by a lot of the traveling types and I thought it was an abuse at the time, I still do.

FKT

Yeah, I worked with the Kortums Hotel group and George Frew in the 80's. Frew was a decent man and most of the managers with Kortums too. Chambermaids worked always in pairs.

2 hours ago, jzk said:

Statutes of limitations most assuredly do apply to rape in most if not all states.

You must be so relieved.

• Like 1

Interesting, As a X NYer , and having been always been hearing about It , He and his father have always been crooks and Grifts, Having to walk down the streets his father ran slums, 

To me now in Florida , he's like the Medicine man coming to town , and stupid people just gobble his shit up, or drink his Kool-aid.

I just think it;s funny how the morons on 1/6 stormed the Capital as he was saying follow me, then gets in his Limo and watches it beating off in the WH,

Did he Pardon any of them? 

So there is not just punishment that could fit all the crimes he's committed against Americans, The world , the planet , How many people has he killed here and aboard?

image.jpeg.a6dda37c4ae5564ada65998ed9bc1f50.jpegimage.jpeg.ff0736aa99bbe1e391e7e54909566377.jpeg

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

Interesting, As a X NYer , and having been always been hearing about It , He and his father have always been crooks and Grifts, Having to walk down the streets his father ran slums, 

To me now in Florida , he's like the Medicine man coming to town , and stupid people just gobble his shit up, or drink his Kool-aid.

I just think it;s funny how the morons on 1/6 stormed the Capital as he was saying follow me, then gets in his Limo and watches it beating off in the WH,

Did he Pardon any of them? 

So there is not just punishment that could fit all the crimes he's committed against Americans, The world , the planet , How many people has he killed here and aboard?

image.jpeg.a6dda37c4ae5564ada65998ed9bc1f50.jpegimage.jpeg.ff0736aa99bbe1e391e7e54909566377.jpeg

Trump likes killing people, he gets a rush out of sending prisoners to their death. Yet another admirable trait in the most flawed president ever.

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Trump likes killing people, he gets a rush out of sending prisoners to their death. Yet another admirable trait in the most flawed president ever.

We have sowed the seeds of our own destruction

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

We have sowed the seeds of our own destruction

"we are the origins of war: not history's forces, nor the times, nor justice, nor the lack of it, nor causes, nor religions, nor ideas, nor kinds of government, nor any other thing. We are the killers. We breed wars. We carry it like syphilis inside. Dead bodies rot in field and stream because the living ones are rotten. " Kathrine Hepburn as Eleanor of Aquataine. Lion in Winter

1 minute ago, learningJ24 said:

"we are the origins of war: not history's forces, nor the times, nor justice, nor the lack of it, nor causes, nor religions, nor ideas, nor kinds of government, nor any other thing. We are the killers. We breed wars. We carry it like syphilis inside. Dead bodies rot in field and stream because the living ones are rotten. " Kathrine Hepburn as Eleanor of Aquataine. Lion in Winter

I am reminded of the late, great George Carlin: “Americans are a warlike people. We like war.”

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/what-is-the-statute-of-limitations-for-rape-34338

Many states do not have a statute of limitation in place for some forms of rape or all rape offenses. These states include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/what-is-the-statute-of-limitations-for-rape-34338

Many states do not have a statute of limitation in place for some forms of rape or all rape offenses. These states include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

You mean, Jizzy was wrong when he said

5 hours ago, jzk said:

Statutes of limitations most assuredly do apply to rape in most if not all states.

I bet his mom is going to take away his internet now.....

- DSK

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

And his Fisher-Price Law Office for 5-year olds.

42 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Do you read English much?  Can you disprove my statement?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Already done, skippy

MrLeft8 already gave you a list of 29 states where you're flat fuckin' wrong. How many states are there? Is that a majority of them?

I bet you were as good a lawyer as you are an economist, or sailor.

- DSK

My statement was "Statutes of limitations most assuredly do apply to rape in most if not all states."  Only 7 of the states that he cited have no statutes of limitations for Rape.

That is why I asked you if you had trouble reading.  His statement was "Many states do not have a statute of limitation in place for some forms of rape..."

You really are one dumb motherfucker.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

or all rape offenses.

Let's not edit quotes selectively to prove that we are right now children....:rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Let's not edit quotes selectively to prove that we are right now children....:rolleyes:

How does that disprove my statement?  I didn't say "all rape offenses."

8 hours ago, jzk said:

In NY there is no limitation for 1st degree rape, 20 years for 2nd and 10 for 3rd. 
(I had to look it up)

1 hour ago, Sean said:

In NY there is no limitation for 1st degree rape, 20 years for 2nd and 10 for 3rd. 
(I had to look it up)

It seems also that most states have a provision that if new DNA evidence surfaces, the statute of limitations starts running from that date.  

1 hour ago, jzk said:

It seems also that most states have a provision that if new DNA evidence surfaces, the statute of limitations starts running from that date.  

WTF are you talking about? You're refuting your own fucking initial claim.

What? nothing? I must have gone deaf for a moment because I haven't heard a peep from jizzy.....

Maybe my internet is down due to the severe thunderstorm, but..... Funny, I can see my own posts on the forum.....

2 minutes ago, jzk said:
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

WTF are you talking about? You're refuting your own fucking initial claim.

How so?  Are you as stupid as Steam?

Many are called, few are chosen

Did your Mom ever apologize for dropping you on your head repeatedly? She owes the rest of us an apology too. She always wanted you to claim on the internet to be a bullshit doctor not a bullshit lawyer

- DSK

The stupid is so strong here, that I'm just not able to counter it at this point.

It's very much like trying to teach a puppy not to jump up on people when they get out of their vehicles. You can try, and try, and try, but they just won't learn until they get a little older.

HOLY SHIT! I think I just hit on something by accident! Is it  possible that Jizz kid is Dog's illegitimate child by some toothless trailer park whore?!

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

HOLY SHIT! I think I just hit on something by accident! Is it  possible that Jizz kid is Dog's illegitimate child by some toothless trailer park whore?!

Defective clone.

POLITICS 
02/15/2021 05:36 pm ET

Here Are The Criminal, Civil Investigations Trump Faces After Senate Acquittal

Legal troubles in New York and Georgia mount for the former president with his second impeachment trial having gone dark.

Now Trump has another lawsuit to worry about: violation of the Ku Klux Klan Act by him, Rudy Giuliani, the Proud Boys and the Oathkeepers. Filed today in Washington's US District Court by the NAACP and Rep Bennie Thompson, Chair of the House Homeland Security Committee.

Get ready for depositions, Donnie!

So far, I have not seen Donald Trump have to lift a finger.  He still has money, power, people to defend him, etc.  I don't think he has a single 'legal problem' that he's worried about.

34 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

FTFY

That has been done. I'm a slow learner, but if I put all the assholes on ignore, I won't be able to see my own posts.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

That has been done. I'm a slow learner, but if I put all the assholes on ignore, I won't be able to see my own posts.

OK, that was pretty funny.

9 hours ago, Grrr... said:

So far, I have not seen Donald Trump have to lift a finger.  He still has money, power, people to defend him, etc.  I don't think he has a single 'legal problem' that he's worried about.

Taxes

Rape.

6 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

I prefer quietly going after him as opposed to going for media attention. 
he loves attention. 
don’t feed his needs 

Little don deserves a private cell.

Ok... I give up ... i had the latest reply on thevfirst dozen threads... 

no real reason. I was checking the boatshop to make certain the heaters are still working snd the pipes aren’t frozen. It is raining outside and I don’t want to get wet going back to the house. 

Cold and wet just sux.

Are you still out in the shop?

On 2/17/2021 at 3:37 AM, hasher said:

Little don deserves a private cell.

Can you imagine some poor, average criminal having to share a cell with Trump. It would certainly qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.

39 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

"Business probe" Is that what they're calling it in prison these days?

3 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Can you imagine some poor, average criminal having to share a cell with Trump. It would certainly qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.

Depends - does he have a shiv?

Here's a handy guide to the numerous litigations Trump is/will be dealing with (so far)

https://www.justsecurity.org/75032/litigation-tracker-pending-criminal-and-civil-cases-against-donald-trump/

Excerpt -

On both the criminal and civil litigation fronts, former President Donald Trump faces a bevy of lawsuits and investigations, with more cases likely to follow. Some are civil suits stemming from his pre-presidential business dealings. Others are defamation claims from women he allegedly assaulted. More still are criminal probes and civil suits, scrutinizing his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. The Chart below tracks all these cases. It will be continually updated as major legal developments occur.

How is this fuckwit the keynote speaker at CPAC and still able to freely golf everyday?  There is something seriously wrong with a little less than half the country.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, bridhb said:

How is this fuckwit the keynote speaker at CPAC and still able to freely golf everyday?  There is something seriously wrong with a little less than half the country.

How is this fuckwit not playing putt putt golf at Gitmo?

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

How is this fuckwit the keynote speaker at CPAC and still able to freely golf everyday?  There is something seriously wrong with the political, constitutional and legal system of the country.

FIFY..... Never mind the patriotic respect that should go with it.......

For the record - if the Former President were a Democrat, I would be just as outraged at his rhetoric and behavior.

The only difference? So would the GOP.

Oh My. @Dog! Did someone say Russia! Russia! Russia!

Stunning new allegations further connect Trump to Russian mobsters and oligarchs

James S. Henry and David Cay Johnston, DC Report @ Rawstory 
March 01, 2021 

However we decide to account for Donald Trump's astonishing rise and fall, we now know that he was certainly no stranger to a sprawling netherworld of Russian gangsters and oligarchs. 

Now there are stunning new allegations in federal court documents that this Russian criminal network with worldwide reach hired Felix Sater, one of Trump's closest associates, to hide a fortune stolen in Kazakhstan. 

The central Asian country was once part of the Soviet Union. The stolen fortune cited in the lawsuit is the tip of the iceberg. Keep reading. 

Stolen money amounting to $440 million was invested in America and run through trust funds maintained by Moses & Singer. The New York City law firm has long represented Sater, a Soviet-born American. 

more 
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-sater/

Trump has put his 10,455 Sq Ft. beach cottage, which is directly across the street from Mar-A-Nogo up for sale. Asking price..... $49 Million.

And so starts the fire sale of real estate to pay for his upcoming vacation in court rooms across the nation.

He has to come up with something like $400 mil in the next year or two for personal loans coming due.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He has to come up with something like $400 mil in the next year or two for personal loans coming due.

If I am not mistaken, that is the total of the loan(s).  He'll offer to pay them a small portion (interest only?).  They'll likely take it, as the alternative is he walks away from them.  If they make a stink, it'll end up in court and they will not be able to control what information of their business with him is made public.  I would imagine they know they are in bed with a money-laundering scheme involving some shady characters from Russia.  Better to keep that shit quiet.

On 3/1/2021 at 12:40 PM, badlatitude said:

Oh My. @Dog! Did someone say Russia! Russia! Russia!

Stunning new allegations further connect Trump to Russian mobsters and oligarchs

James S. Henry and David Cay Johnston, DC Report @ Rawstory 
March 01, 2021 

However we decide to account for Donald Trump's astonishing rise and fall, we now know that he was certainly no stranger to a sprawling netherworld of Russian gangsters and oligarchs. 

Now there are stunning new allegations in federal court documents that this Russian criminal network with worldwide reach hired Felix Sater, one of Trump's closest associates, to hide a fortune stolen in Kazakhstan. 

The central Asian country was once part of the Soviet Union. The stolen fortune cited in the lawsuit is the tip of the iceberg. Keep reading. 

Stolen money amounting to $440 million was invested in America and run through trust funds maintained by Moses & Singer. The New York City law firm has long represented Sater, a Soviet-born American. 

more 
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-sater/

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Cy Vance is turning his attention to Trump’s 102M loan forgiveness tied to the Trump tower in Chicago.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/03/donald-trump-manhattan-da-criminal-probe#intcid=recommendations_vf-trending-legacy_b3c28283-c1e8-4ca4-9d03-91e703f25a47_popular4-1

Investigators’ interest in how Trump and his company treated the Chicago loan is an expansion of an inquiry that encompasses multiple aspects of the Trump business. Prosecutors are examining whether the company misled lenders or insurance brokers about valuations for certain properties.

New York Attorney General Letitia Jamesfirst raised questions about Trump’s handling of the Fortress loan last fall when her office disclosed in a court filing that it was investigating whether Trump and the Trump Organization recorded the forgiven amount as income and paid taxes or whether there was some explanation as to why that wouldn’t be required. The attorney general’s office said at the time that information about the transactions was “significant” to its civil investigation.

49 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Cy Vance is turning his attention to Trump’s 102M loan forgiveness tied to the Trump tower in Chicago. ...

And when he pleads that it was only his accountant's mistake the prosecutor can run this tape: “I know more about taxes than anybody else, maybe in the history of the world.” [Actual quote]

34 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

And when he pleads that it was only his accountant's mistake the prosecutor can run this tape: “I know more about taxes than anybody else, maybe in the history of the world.” [Actual quote]

$30m in unpaid taxes, plus penalties and interest? Bet it runs $100m before it’s all done