B&G H3000 instrument covers

Not sure what B&G H3000 covers look like, I have NEXUS which are fairly deep. When I lost a couple of covers I made my own. Built a male and female mold, female slightly larger than the male. Waxed the mold so it would release then wetted out 10 oz cloth and draped it over the male mold. Pushed the female mold onto the mail mold and clamped. After the epoxy went off popped the mold apart and removed the new cover Trimmed off the excess and did a trial fit. Perfect fit but a little flimsy and there were holes in the corners. Made another with two layers of glass and put small patches of glass in the corners. Also, wax was not a great mold release, switched to plastic wrap, much better. After painting can't tell the difference between the plastic and fiberglass covers.

On 2/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, b6sfull said:

Looking to replace instrument covers..

boat is in Mamaroneck, NY.   Dealers in the area stretching up to RI?

appreciate your suggestions.....

Interested in any 3000 displays?  I know I have two 30/30’s and some Ffd’s.  Upgraded to 5000 a few years back. If your interested I will open the box and see what’s left

33 minutes ago, crashtestdummy said:

Interested in any 3000 displays?  I know I have two 30/30’s and some Ffd’s.  Upgraded to 5000 a few years back. If your interested I will open the box and see what’s left

Will pm you shortly ... 

11 hours ago, sailorman44 said:

Not sure what B&G H3000 covers look like, I have NEXUS which are fairly deep. When I lost a couple of covers I made my own. Built a male and female mold, female slightly larger than the male. Waxed the mold so it would release then wetted out 10 oz cloth and draped it over the male mold. Pushed the female mold onto the mail mold and clamped. After the epoxy went off popped the mold apart and removed the new cover Trimmed off the excess and did a trial fit. Perfect fit but a little flimsy and there were holes in the corners. Made another with two layers of glass and put small patches of glass in the corners. Also, wax was not a great mold release, switched to plastic wrap, much better. After painting can't tell the difference between the plastic and fiberglass covers.

Thanks for sharing....

we are currently working on 3D printer to produce new covers for everything...

prototype seemed to work well and can customize etc ... colours/boat name/logo etc...

Local guys here have 3D printed replacement Raymarine covers with custom boat name etc. very successfully. Only trouble is quality of plastic and UV resistance. Works out very cheaply...just have to replace more often

On 2/19/2021 at 7:15 PM, b6sfull said:

Thanks for sharing....

we are currently working on 3D printer to produce new covers for everything...

prototype seemed to work well and can customize etc ... colours/boat name/logo etc...

You are one classy canuck, my friend!

On 3/1/2021 at 4:38 AM, pilotdave said:

https://www.waveinn.com/nautical-fishing/b-g-h300-protector-gfd-gpd-20-20hv/589968/p   Or incase you don't want to deal with 3d printing.  Just bought a few of them myself. 

Checked out the site above.   Says “ no longer available “. 

15 hours ago, pilotdave said:

Thanks for this, however none available.

we are back to 3D printing our own.  Unlimited supply with custom face.